PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why we should believe

Rogue
04-30-2009, 07:30 AM
I squeezed my brain but I still failed to think of any more reason than the following four, certainly there are many geniuse posters on spurstalk that can find many more reasons why we still should believe in this team. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

1) We still have a great coach

Although Pop made some controvercial decisions in this series that were generally deprecated by Spurs fans, it's still undeniable that Pop is one of the best coaches in today's NBA. With a broken squad that lacked Manu, Pop made the best result an intellectual can ever achieve. Even the world's best cook still cannot use bean and rice as only ingredients to produce some food that tastes like beef, he has already tried his best. Now what he deserves isn't blame but trust.

2) Tony Parker is in his prime

Tim Duncan is already around the edge of his prime and about to get onto a slope, but we still can clearly remember the length of champion panel that Tim excavated in the old years. Now Tony Longoria has got to take over this work and continue to keep this team great. Tony is always full of energy and passion, and he has grown a lot through these years since he put on the black&silver jersey. But Tony is still more like a striker than a mastro due to his defect of leadership, which may be the only project that he needs to work on.

3) Young talents for Pop to dig out

No one is perfect, even Pop also has several flaws in himself, the first one comes is just his prejudice on those "inexperienced" players. But Pop will be forced to change his taste next season, as our veterans have already shown the gap between their ability and willingness. Ian, Malik, Gist are all decent youngsters that may potentially contribute some bricks to our building. Reasonablly those young guys are still not mature enough to shoulder a corner of our team, but Pop should give them some oppotunities at least.

4) The Fans will always stand on our side

Leave aside some bandwagoning fans like Rapper, the spurs still have millions of beloved fans around the world that will always stand on the side of their guys in silver&black. With the support from the fans who have genuine love for the Spurs team, it won't take too long before the Spurs retool themselves and come out as a title contender as they used to be.

Believe.

Brazil
04-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm lost Rogue is a spurs fan ?

kace
04-30-2009, 09:56 AM
1) tim

2) tony

3) manu

sonic21
04-30-2009, 10:01 AM
2) Tony Parker is in his prime

wait, no "tony longoria" anymore rogue?

Fabbs
04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
1. Because it just sounds really good

2. Because even tho we said the same thing before the last two seasons fails, it just sounds really good.

3. Because it sounds really good.

believe

Dex
04-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm starting to think Rogue has Multiple Personality Disorder.

Is that you, Tyler Durden?