PDA

View Full Version : Is Ben Gordon a possibility?

BadOne
04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I know that the Spurs flirted with signing him after Corey Magette chose to sign with Golden State, however they ended up signing Mason. Don't get me wrong, I like Mason. I think he's a newer Steve Kerr. But Ben Gordon has been playing his heart out with Chicago. Last year, the Bulls did not want to offer him a max deal. He looked around the leauge for other suitors, but no onw could offer more than the MLE. With the economy, it's likely to be the same this year, however given the way he's been hurting the Celtics so far, :pimpslapThe Bulls may choose to extend him, but if they don't other teams may be more inclined to pay a little more for him. Hopefully that doesn't mean that the Spurs are out of the running for him.

Thoughts...opinions???

spursbird
04-30-2009, 08:29 AM
He has no defense, and we can't afford the money.

Big P
04-30-2009, 08:48 AM
We didn't flirt with signing BG...we only had the MLE, & he turned down a $50+ mil. deal from Chicago.

spursfan4eva
04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Days of players getting 15 - 20 million contracts are over. due to the economy.
I dont think Ben Gordon will recieve a big contract. I would like to have him, but his salary will be a problem.

ducks
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
spurs would have to trade manu for him atleast maybe mason to

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
spurs would have to trade manu for him atleast maybe mason to

We wouldn't have to trade anyone, he is an UFA.... Although I highly doubt we could get him for the MLE.

No thanks...

ducks
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
it would have to be a sign and trade............

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-30-2009, 09:49 AM
it would have to be a sign and trade............

So you would trade Manu for Ben Fucking Gordon.... :vomit

No thanks.....

ducks
04-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I was throwing out what would have to happen to get gordon

I would have to think about it......

Danny.Zhu
04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
He will certainly be overpaid after the recent performance.

sananspursfan21
04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
He has no defense

d can be worked on

and we can't afford the money.

how long have you been a member of the spurs front office?

he would be nice, but realistically, the spurs need to be looking for somebody who will break out, but who hasn't yet. those guys would probly be the best option for the money. my sights are set on someone like andray blatche, nick young, ryan hollins, trevor areza, channing frye, gerald green, i could even see them getting al harrington even though he's kinda old. i don't know all of these guys' contract situations, but any one of them would be good

SenorSpur
04-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Pass

Morg1411
04-30-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd love to have him with the Spurs, but it'll never happen.

poop
04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
hes been playing extremely well against Boston, hes made a ridiculous amount of huge clutch shots, he DOESNT CHOKE, isnt afraid to be the playmaker with the game on the line, and is only 26.

whereas next playoffs Manu will again be on the bench injured/worn out/beat up.

spurtech09
04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
sure why not...atleast he can make shots when needed

holcs50
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
He's going to ask for waaaaaaay to much and he's too short. There's 0% chance the spurs get gordon.....close thread

sexinthatsx
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM
hes been playing extremely well against Boston, hes made a ridiculous amount of huge clutch shots, he DOESNT CHOKE, isnt afraid to be the playmaker with the game on the line, and is only 26.

whereas next playoffs Manu will again be on the bench injured/worn out/beat up.

+1, I'm pretty sick of Manu not being there for the spurs in the playoffs when we need him the most. More importantly, this has happened 2 years in a row now. There comes a time to let an injury prone player go, no matter how detrimental they have been to our success in the past. BG has an excellent FT shooting percentage that will allow us to actually make our fts to close out games. He is also the player that can actually make 3's for us if we acquire him, not finley, not Ime piece of shit Udoka, not Bonner, MAYBE Mason.

sexinthatsx
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Also, I'm going to throw out there that we should trade/release Ime Udoka. He can't guard anybody anymore. If you look at the up and coming teams, Lakers have Sasha who can get into people's heads through his pestering defense. The Nuggets found a diamond in the rough in Dahntay Jones. I don't know if you guys have noticed but Dahntay Jones reminds me exactly of sasha without the 3's: he's able to play good defense and get into people's heads. If we are somehow able to acquire a player who can play pesky defense at the 3 spot to replace Bowen, the spurs should be able to hold on their own adequately. We can keep Bowen because he'll help out as a veteran.