PDA

View Full Version : Memo to all you people that are so effing excited about the school closings.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 10:03 AM
All of these schools closing and the ensuing panic will potentially be the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of people.

I personally haven't sold anything in the last 20 days. Partner this flu with an already slow year due to the economy and its a recipe for high blood pressure and impending heart attack. Retail sales are at a standstill right now but bills still need to get paid. I'd like the thank the media and the mexicans for making this into a real life nightmare. If this flu carries on for another month or two I might just find myself living in a tent city.

More so than anything it makes me mad as hell to see some of you richer whiners flaunt around here bragging about days off and how cool it is to see these schools closing down. Blah blah blah oh awesome I might get to skip some pointless insignificant test no one gives a fuck about...how fucking wonderful for you :rolleyes. Some of you just completely fail to consider how a wide spread panic like this cost some of us everything. There were people like myself who are conservative with their money and saved and saved for times like this when the economy slows. Some of us managed to keep our heads above water because we were fiscally responsible. Some of us were so good with our money that we've overcome 10-15k drops in pay over the last year and half, but when you completely shut these cities down no amount of savings is enough to overcome a total void in income.

I hope you fucking assholes enjoy your few weeks off. Make sure mommy and daddy bought enough expensive bottled water and premium toilet paper for your precious little asses.

Don't fucking forget the lack of healthcare we're offering everyone. Those flu pills don't come for free. Expect a nice little bout of financial ruin due to excessive medical billings in the next calendar year. Hope you assholes have a wonderful fucking flu induced day....and don't forget the baby jesus is immune to your sneezing and coughing.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
you must be an only child.

Dark Gable
04-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Get back on your meds.

clambake
04-30-2009, 10:07 AM
turn those trailers into a make-shift whore house.

Dr. Gonzo
04-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Get another job.

mrsmaalox
04-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Get back on your meds.

Can't afford them

z0sa
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
sales increase everyday here ... and we're wholesales including pork. :)

La Migra
04-30-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm on it.

clambake
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
on a serious note,

b2b, don't you think the upcoming months are going to show a vast increase in the products you sell?

you sale RV trailers, right?

i see the possibility of people losing their homes and settling for an RV with what little money they have left.

E20
04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
B2B accomplishment and feel sorry thread. :toast

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 10:29 AM
on a serious note,

b2b, don't you think the upcoming months are going to show a vast increase in the products you sell?

you sale RV trailers, right?

i see the possibility of people losing their homes and settling for an RV with what little money they have left.If you lost your home you have probably been behind for some time now. Which means you probably have shitty credit. Which means you can't buy shit especially not a luxury item like a RV. You need pretty good credit to purchase a RV, boat, 4-wheeler....

to21
04-30-2009, 10:31 AM
This is a serious matter folks.....

If B2B loses out on his coin, he might not be able to afford DSL/RR to get onto Spurs Talk to post gems like this.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Get back on your meds.You're right I must be batshit fucking insane to think that a flu pandemic would affect the economy. What was I fucking thinking.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/haywoodgiablomi/rollbarf.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 10:41 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/haywoodgiablomi/rollbarf.gif
very fitting for this thread
i'd also like to add
http://www.sellfromtheweb.com/sample/images/Becker_Violin.jpg
http://talkingheadtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/2119349-San_Antonio_River_Walk-San_Antonio.jpg

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I could have said anything and Viva would post the same old shit he always does. Way to keep it fresh and original.

SpursStalker
04-30-2009, 10:52 AM
:corn:

to21
04-30-2009, 10:53 AM
If we would have had the border closed, this shit wouldn't have happen.

:fishing

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I could have said anything and Viva would post the same old shit he always does. Way to keep it fresh and original.i keep it fresh and original just like your threads. :wakeup

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2009, 11:01 AM
The worst thing is that this flu isn't really that bad, relatively speaking...no worse than the "regular" flu, it's just that the media and the politicians have gone bat shit about it...

It's a good distraction from Obama's "remaking" of America...

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,3606923.story

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
The worst thing is that this flu isn't really that bad, relatively speaking...no worse than the "regular" flu, it's just that the media and the politicians have gone bat shit about it...

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,3606923.story

regular influenza kills about 36,000 annually in the US alone. roughly under a hundred a day. how many have died from this swine flu? 1 in about a couple of weeks. the mania is excellent PR for this Nationlized Healthcare they're about to shove down our throats.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 11:06 AM

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,3606923.storyExactly. Last time I checked we didn't start shutting schools down each year at the start of flu season.

This unnecessary panic is going to cost a lot of us a lot of money and maybe even some jobs.

I know some of us can just sit home playing the skin flute for a living, sup viva, but most of us have to work to make the ends meet. Unfortunately a lot of us have to work retail.

to21
04-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Black Jesus is doing such a great job running our Country, the GOP added this on top to throw him for a loop.

I'm serious.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 11:08 AM
regular influenza kills about 36,000 annually in the US alone. roughly under a hundred a day. how many have died from this swine flu? 1 in about a couple of weeks. the mania is excellent PR for this Nationlized Healthcare they're about to shove down our throats.So what then viva...you understand where I'm coming from? Take your shots but you know just as well as I do that anyone working retail is worried about the onset of the ensuing panic. Either you get what I'm saying or you don't. You can't criticize my post one minute and then be empathetic to the load of media horseshit the next.

Gordon Gekko
04-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Exactly. Last time I checked we didn't start shutting schools down each year at the start of flu season.

This unnecessary panic is going to cost a lot of us a lot of money and maybe even some jobs.

I know some of us can just sit home playing the skin flute for a living, sup viva, but most of us have to work to make the ends meet. Unfortunately a lot of us have to work retail.

I work hard every day so cry to someone who gives a damn.

clambake
04-30-2009, 11:10 AM
If you lost your home you have probably been behind for some time now. Which means you probably have shitty credit. Which means you can't buy shit especially not a luxury item like a RV. You need pretty good credit to purchase a RV, boat, 4-wheeler....

i was talking about the "forward thinking people" that are mature enough to see the writing on the wall.......the circumstances that will occur, regardless of the flu.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 11:10 AM
So what then viva...you understand where I'm coming from? Take your shots but you know just as well as I do that anyone working retail is worried about the onset of the ensuing panic. Either you get what I'm saying or you don't. You can't criticize my post one minute and then be empathetic to the load of media horseshit the next.no i just think you whine too much. that is all.

ashbeeigh
04-30-2009, 11:15 AM
The thing about things shutting down, specifically in San Antonio, is that my job is statewide and if my office building closes for some reason my stuff doesn't stop. It happened on battle of flowers, and if it happens again, I'm sure shit will really hit the fan.

And b2b...I'm not going to tell you to cry a river and get over it this time. I'm on your side.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 11:18 AM
i was talking about the "forward thinking people" that are mature enough to see the writing on the wall.......the circumstances that will occur, regardless of the flu.I sure wish there were more of those people.

no i just think you whine too much. that is all.I'm speaking my mind. Whining, in my opinion, is complaining about something that doesn't have the potential to carry significant repercussions for all of us. My post was an opinion based on my observations to be viewed as a potential discussion while getting something off my chest.

Its not about the whining or lack thereof. Its you just wanting to cry in my thread about me. Perhaps when it comes to whining you should take a look in the mirror.

FaithInOne
04-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Shut down of cities? What the fuck are you talking about?

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 11:21 AM

It's not the same kind of flu at all.

timvp
04-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Don't you live in Mexican Vegas AKA Corpus? Yeah, you might as well not even go to work until the drama settles down.

Or actually, what you should do is create a black market swine flu vaccine and sell it up and down the Rio Grande Valley. Make up some story about how you got your hands on some of the top secret initial government testing vaccines before it went on sale to the general public. Your story doesn't even have to be that good. I don't see a Corpus Cristian or a Brownsvillian doing much investigating on a wig wog who is offering to save their lives from this deadly outbreak. (:sleep)

Anyways, yeah just get some sugar water, put it in a vial, print out something that says certified swine flu vaccine, include a few initials (WHO, FDA, FBI, whatever) and you are golden. Maybe give it a catchy name like "El Chorizo Malo". You can even charge like $50 per vaccine vial and syringe since your supplies are obviously limited. Find a few households up and down the Valley to purchase it and you are set for the rest of 2009.

Good luck :tu

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2009, 11:28 AM
It's not the same kind of flu at all.

idiot

balli
04-30-2009, 11:36 AM
idiot
:wakeup
Ummmmmm... One of you is correct, one of you is not. Is it the end of the world or was Havoc acting like it was? No. But it's pretty lame of you to cruise around calling people idiots because they refute your plain as day misinformation.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
idiot

So I'm an idiot because I'm completely correct and you don't know what you're talking about?

Crookshanks
04-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I think people are over reacting to this flu. Yes, it's serious, but it's not really deadly if you get treatment. Closing schools and daycare facilities creates havoc for parents. What are they supposed to do with their children? Take them to work with them? Or are employers going to be flexible and allow people to work from home.

In this current economic downturn, people are afraid to even take a vacation because they're afraid their employer will find they really don't need them.

So I do feel sorry for all those whose livlihood is seriously impacted by this flu pandemic.

On a side note - it seems nothing good comes from Mexico!

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 11:49 AM

you love the taste of foot in your mouth, now do you?

balli
04-30-2009, 11:56 AM
crookshanks, I said I'd ignore you, but I can't. You're far too much a hateful dumbass.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 11:58 AM
I think people are over reacting to this flu. Yes, it's serious, but it's not really deadly if you get treatment. Closing schools and daycare facilities creates havoc for parents. What are they supposed to do with their children? Take them to work with them? Or are employers going to be flexible and allow people to work from home.

In this current economic downturn, people are afraid to even take a vacation because they're afraid their employer will find they really don't need them.

So I do feel sorry for all those whose livlihood is seriously impacted by this flu pandemic.

I agree. There is a definite overreaction in progress.

However, this kind of virus is something that can become a huge problem. Scientists are worried that it could further mutate and go from a relatively dangerous virus to a slate-wiper... a virus that can kill millions in short order. If it doesn't, we're probably going to be fine, but if the virus gets stronger and more resistant to our treatment, there will be little we can do except hole ourselves up.

An ounce of prevention = a pound of cure.

RandomGuy
04-30-2009, 12:33 PM
If we would have had the border closed, this shit wouldn't have happen.

:fishing

The virus has a 7 day incubation period, from what I understand.

It would have escaped before the border could get closed.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2009, 12:46 PM
:wakeup
Ummmmmm... One of you is correct, one of you is not. Is it the end of the world or was Havoc acting like it was? No. But it's pretty lame of you to cruise around calling people idiots because they refute your plain as day misinformation.

Do either of you IDIOTS know how to read?

Crookshanks
04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
hey balli - don't get your joint in a twist - I was being facetious. However, the illegals have brought a whole bunch of crap into this country that's causing health concerns.

And even the nationals that come here for visits can be dangerous because of the substandard sanitary conditions in Mexico that breed disease. And I don't think they have the level of medical care there that we do here in the States.

Homeland Security
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I personally haven't sold anything in the last 20 days. Partner this flu with an already slow year due to the economy and its a recipe for high blood pressure and impending heart attack. Retail sales are at a standstill right now but bills still need to get paid. I'd like the thank the media and the mexicans for making this into a real life nightmare. If this flu carries on for another month or two I might just find myself living in a tent city.
If current events are enough to wreck you then you really aren't important enough for any of us to care about. Little people suffer and die all the time. Big whoop. You can stop taking up my precious oxygen any time.

Homeland Security
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
hey balli - don't get your joint in a twist - I was being facetious. However, the illegals have brought a whole bunch of crap into this country that's causing health concerns.

And even the nationals that come here for visits can be dangerous because of the substandard sanitary conditions in Mexico that breed disease. And I don't think they have the level of medical care there that we do here in the States.
Yes, the brown mud people are filthy. They teem with disease. Our whiteness is indicative of our cleanness.

CuckingFunt
04-30-2009, 12:59 PM
If this flu carries on for another month or two I might just find myself living in a tent city.

I thought you'd find yourself taking a bus ride across the country with your family and applying for emergency Section 8.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM
If current events are enough to wreck you then you really aren't important enough for any of us to care about. Little people suffer and die all the time. Big whoop. You can stop taking up my precious oxygen any time.As if I'm the only one being wrecked. How typical of the selfish egotistical arrogant American to think that only themselves are of any concern. I will take your precious oxygen at your expense until the very day I die.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I thought you'd find yourself taking a bus ride across the country with your family and applying for emergency Section 8.
Probably a decent idea.

Mike D.Brown
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
I'd have this under control by now.

Crookshanks
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Just get in touch with Obama - he'll pay your mortgage and fill your car with gas.

Homeland Security
04-30-2009, 01:07 PM
As if I'm the only one being wrecked. How typical of the selfish egotistical arrogant American to think that only themselves are of any concern. I will take your precious oxygen at your expense until the very day I die.
If your starving to death lessens the chance of me or my loved ones contracting a sniffle by 0.01%, that's a good deal in my book. It's not selfishness, it's "enlightened self-interest." It's not egotism or arrogance, it's a sober and rational evaluation of my value to society. If you are useful to me, I will tolerate you. If you are not useful to me, I am indifferent. If you are in my way, I will get rid of you. That's life; that's the real world. If you can't deal with it, if you aren't productive enough to cope, who needs you?

Oh no! We might need to find another drone to sell RV's! You're so uniquely skilled and irreplaceable! Whatever shall we do?

Homeland Security
04-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Just get in touch with Obama - he'll pay your mortgage and fill your car with gas.
I know, right? These people think they're entitled to a living.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
here you go B2B. wait 'til :28
ia-l2kDag94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia-l2kDag94

Barack Obama
04-30-2009, 01:19 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/obamashutup.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
"can you dig it"

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Do either of you IDIOTS know how to read?

Evidently not. Please enlighten me as to how the 2009 H1N1 is the same or less dangerous than the common flu.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Evidently not. Please enlighten me as to how the 2009 H1N1 is the same or less dangerous than the common flu.

I already posted the link. Why don't you try reading it?

Slydragon
04-30-2009, 02:16 PM
:corn:

SpursWoman
04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm not excited about the school closings. As a matter of fact, I'm glad Judson hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet.

I just keep reminding my kids to wash their hands ... which they should be doing anyway.

Hope things pick up for you, B2B. :cooldevil

Vagina
04-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Life's a bitch.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm not excited about the school closings. As a matter of fact, I'm glad Judson hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet.

I just keep reminding my kids to wash their hands ... which they should be doing anyway.

Hope things pick up for you, B2B. :cooldevil

Now that the state has announced that the kids won't have to make up the days missed I can see a lot more districts jumping on the band wagon...I mean...how can they lose? It's just more vacation days for the teachers/administrators and they can justify it that they are just being "safe"...

CubanMustGo
04-30-2009, 04:31 PM
no i just think you whine too much. that is all.

BacktoBasics
04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
:rolleyes

You're right. There is never a moment no matter how bad it gets for someone to just step up and point out how ridiculous things are. Its considered whining. Never mind the fact that this is a god damn fucking message board open to discussion....its fucking whining right. Don't say anything here unless its neutral and non-whinish. We'll let you make the call since you have such a fine fucking grasp on whats a clear on-point post vs. simple whining. What an asshole.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
I already posted the link. Why don't you try reading it?

You're totally right. The WHO has declared a level 5 "pandemic imminent" status because it's just a case of the cough and sniffles.

JoeChalupa
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
You just need to adapt, adjust, and move on!!!! Live with it!!

CuckingFunt
04-30-2009, 05:02 PM
You're totally right. The WHO has declared a level 5 "pandemic imminent" status because it's just a case of the cough and sniffles.

I've been doing too much homework lately.

The first three times I read this, I couldn't figure out who would give a 1960s rock band such authority.

SpursWoman
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I've been doing too much homework lately.

The first three times I read this, I couldn't figure out who would give a 1960s rock band such authority.

It can't be just the homework ... I haven't had any of that in a long time. :lol

mrsmaalox
04-30-2009, 05:24 PM

The levels don't necessarily indicate the severity of the disease, just the speed at which it is spreading. It's not predicting that millions of people will die; probably just millions of people will be feeling pretty shitty!

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
The levels don't necessarily indicate the severity of the disease, just the speed at which it is spreading. It's not predicting that millions of people will die; probably just millions of people will be feeling pretty shitty!

Which is why I'm not panicking or even taking extra precautions at this point. But it's something to be aware of, and keep track of. Even if it doesn't kill 50 million, it could still get stronger and be a definite concern.

mrsmaalox
04-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Which is why I'm not panicking or even taking extra precautions at this point. But it's something to be aware of, and keep track of. Even if it doesn't kill 50 million, it could still get stronger and be a definite concern.

Hopefully this virus will exist like most viruses do--becoming weaker and weaker as it is passed from host to host. The possibility that it doesn't do that is what's worrisome. Or as you pointed out earlier, a mutation.

clambake
04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
you can't say virus and mutation in the same context.

you can't say bomb on a plane.

Spurminator
04-30-2009, 06:12 PM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4580/swineflew.png

CuckingFunt
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Nice.

Nbadan
04-30-2009, 09:50 PM
More than any other reason, there's the matter of lawsuits by parents...school administrators don't wanna have to split the summer making up missed days...

CubanMustGo
04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
You're right. There is never a moment no matter how bad it gets for someone to just step up and point out how ridiculous things are. Its considered whining. Never mind the fact that this is a god damn fucking message board open to discussion....its fucking whining right. Don't say anything here unless its neutral and non-whinish. We'll let you make the call since you have such a fine fucking grasp on whats a clear on-point post vs. simple whining. What an asshole.

Dude, most of your posts are whines. Get over yourself, you're not that fucking important.

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Dude, most of your posts are whines. Get over yourself, you're not that fucking important.I'm not going to get over myself I'm the most important person in the world as far as I'm concerned. I'll never stop posting my thoughts and concerns about the things that happen around me. Why should I? Why is this not the appropriate median to express my thoughts? Why do you fucking people say the same ole stupid god damn shit every time? Its a fucking message board are we to not discuss our lives here? I'll stop whining when you stop being an egotistical asshole.

SpursStalker
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4580/swineflew.png

:lmao

Niiiiiiice!

Richard Cranium
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Some learn ways to deal with it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/Sfmisjs0h8I/AAAAAAAAlJI/HYGhOjvOncE/s1600/Swine_Flu_Mask_07.jpg

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Dude, most of your posts are whines. Get over yourself, you're not that fucking important.

And yet you keep clicking on his threads.

Bigzax
05-01-2009, 10:34 AM
less traffic...:tu

mrsmaalox
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Sooo.....who's excited?

2Blonde
05-01-2009, 05:26 PM
All of these schools closing and the ensuing panic will potentially be the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of people.

More so than anything it makes me mad as hell to see some of you richer whiners flaunt around here bragging about days off and how cool it is to see these schools closing down. Blah blah blah oh awesome I might get to skip some pointless insignificant test no one gives a fuck about...how fucking wonderful for you :rolleyes. Some of you just completely fail to consider how a wide spread panic like this cost some of us everything. There were people like myself who are conservative with their money and saved and saved for times like this when the economy slows. Some of us managed to keep our heads above water because we were fiscally responsible. Some of us were so good with our money that we've overcome 10-15k drops in pay over the last year and half, but when you completely shut these cities down no amount of savings is enough to overcome a total void in income.

I hope you fucking assholes enjoy your few weeks off. Make sure mommy and daddy bought enough expensive bottled water and premium toilet paper for your precious little asses.

Don't fucking forget the lack of healthcare we're offering everyone. Those flu pills don't come for free. Expect a nice little bout of financial ruin due to excessive medical billings in the next calendar year. Hope you assholes have a wonderful fucking flu induced day....and don't forget the baby jesus is immune to your sneezing and coughing.

Sooo.....who's excited?
Yeah, that was my question too.

I've read 4 pages of bitching & moaning and I still don't see who B2B thinks is excited about this?!?! My kid is one of the ones out of school & work and I'm certainly not excited about it.

As far as I can tell, the kids are the ONLY ones who are excited about it.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah, that was my question too.

I've read 4 pages of bitching & moaning and I still don't see who B2B thinks is excited about this?!?! My kid is one of the ones out of school & work and I'm certainly not excited about it.

As far as I can tell, the kids are the ONLY ones who are excited about it.There are more than a few posts floating around here with people excited about getting out of mid-term or test or whatever.

Summers
05-02-2009, 09:47 AM
There are more than a few posts floating around here with people excited about getting out of mid-term or test or whatever.

I'm the rich, spoiled, whiny fucking asshole you're talking about in your first post, except that I don't think I'm any of those things. My parents aren't paying for my education and I don't drink bottled water. I also don't think my wanting to not take my calculus final is going to directly affect whether or not you lose your job.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm the rich, spoiled, whiny fucking asshole you're talking about in your first post, except that I don't think I'm any of those things. My parents aren't paying for my education and I don't drink bottled water. I also don't think my wanting to not take my calculus final is going to directly affect whether or not you lose your job.At least you admit that your rich, spoiled and whiny.

I'll go ahead and clarify since you're having trouble grasping my point. I don't think that you have any affect on my well being I just find it self centered and arrogant to sing the praises and joys of this happening because you might get out of a pointless engagement. Bragging about your stroke of luck at the demise of others disgusts me. What I'm saying is that there is a bigger picture here and it has a much more profound impact on other peoples lives. I don't appreciate people taking small joys out of something that literally can put others out on the street. I think its that self centered egotistical attitude that runs rampant in our society. Ones mans demise in another mans joy. Its not a perfect fit but I find it similar to being elated about getting a day off at work because a co-worker killed his family and then himself.

Not only that but I didn't single you out.

P.S.

Have you not figured out by now to take a portion of what I say with a grain of salt? I mean seriously....thanks for taking the bait.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Did you hear about tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

Fuck yeah it got me out paying rent that month. No apartment.....no rent.

Did you see where those two Columbine kids shot up the school.

Well fucking A yeah I got out of PE.

Did you see where that pissed off china man looking guy shot up the university.

Awesome now I bet I won't have to take my finals.

Holy crap did you hear they had to shut the plant down because Gary lost his arm in one of the machines.

I hope this means I get a three day weekend.

Sound familiar?

Summers
05-02-2009, 10:07 AM
At least you admit that your rich, spoiled and whiny.

I'll go ahead and clarify since you're having trouble grasping my point. I don't think that you have any affect on my well being I just find it self centered and arrogant to sing the praises and joys of this happening because you might get out of a pointless engagement. Bragging about your stroke of luck at the demise of others disgusts me. What I'm saying is that there is a bigger picture here and it has a much more profound impact on other peoples lives. I don't appreciate people taking small joys out of something that literally can put others out on the street. I think its that self centered egotistical attitude that runs rampant in our society. Ones mans demise in another mans joy. Its not a perfect fit but I find it similar to being elated about getting a day off at work because a co-worker killed his family and then himself.

Not only that but I didn't single you out.

P.S.

Have you not figured out by now to take a portion of what I say with a grain of salt? I mean seriously....thanks for taking the bait.

Page 4 of this post and you're just baiting? :lol I know you didn't single anyone out, but it's ridiculous to accuse any of us of being happy people are getting sick. Did anyone ever say they were happy people are getting sick? Noone is going to die if I don't take my calculus final. Sheesh, quit overreacting!

Summers
05-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Did you hear about tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

Fuck yeah it got me out paying rent that month. No apartment.....no rent.

Did you see where those two Columbine kids shot up the school.

Well fucking A yeah I got out of PE.

Did you see where that pissed off china man looking guy shot up the university.

Awesome now I bet I won't have to take my finals.

Holy crap did you hear they had to shut the plant down because Gary lost his arm in one of the machines.

I hope this means I get a three day weekend.

Sound familiar?

No.

angel_luv
05-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I understand and appreciate your original point, B2B.
I agree that unnecessary hype would be bad for the already suffering economy.

People might, for example, become afraid to eat out ( i.e. eat food cooked by strangers) and that could adversly affect my friends who make their living as servers.

While I appreciate the government,schools, and local businesses doing their due diligence to keep us all healthy, I hope the media ( national and local) does not make a circus out of this situation- for the sake of a story.
So far I have not seen that any of them have.

As for the general public:
Certainly some people are panicking over this, but, for the most part, I think the people who are panicking are the people who panic at everything, regardless of its seriousness.

This too shall pass.

:)

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 10:33 AM
The media has already made a circus out of this.

angel_luv
05-02-2009, 10:41 AM

I am not a blind supporter of the media. I have friends who are reporters, but in general care little for the news. I rarely watch it.

But I do think, given what I have observed of human nature, no matter how factual the media's report of the sickness, even if only completely accurate and need to know information had passed on, there still would have been a circus.

In general, people today are far too easily swayed, influenced, and affected by what they hear and see, especially by what they watch on television.
If people were more discerning, the media would not be able to cause a frenzy because people would refuse to buy into it.

Therefore, television viewers are as much to blame for the circus as the media.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Therefore, television viewers are as much to blame for the circus as the media.Fair enough.

Mike Litoris
05-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Sooo.....who's excited?

I can tell when you are excited.

Mike Litoris
05-02-2009, 10:57 AM
In general, people today are far too easily swayed, influenced, and affected by what they hear and see, especially by what they watch on television.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/members/LOTRfan/veggie%20gang.jpg

I agree. Those people who watch things on TV and believe on it based only on the fact that it is on TV suck.

http://www.chester.ac.uk/media/images/tv_son.jpg

Mike Litoris
05-02-2009, 11:00 AM

It's real life drama, and people love drama. Can we really blame "the media" if it is we ourselves who tune into the programs to watch?

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 11:01 AM
It's real life drama, and people love drama. Can we really blame "the media" if it is we ourselves who tune into the programs to watch?
I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way.

Mike Litoris
05-02-2009, 11:09 AM

A lot of men do that for some reason. They just don't know what to do with me.

ploto
05-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Do people really grasp what it means to some parents to suddenly have their kids out of school for 2 weeks? In Ft. Worth, they found out at 9PM the night before. There are single parents with elementary children who can not just leave them. They can not go to a day care because that defeats the whole purpose. Well, what if they work for a small business with only 2 or 3 employees and they work by the hour. That employer can not afford to pay them not to work, so if they miss work, they lose their source of income. The business needs someone to do the job to keep their business open and functioning. Do they find a temporary worker to fill in so this person can be home with their kid, but what does that parent do for income? Do they only give them a day or two to find someone to watch their kid so they can come to work and if not then replace them? People could lose jobs because their kids are not allowed to go to school or day care. This could be the final straw for some businesses that are suffering. So, yeah, the pettiness of students who only see the benefit for them of getting out of a stupid test is not a positive response to this situation that has been a difficult blow for many. Probably the one entity benefitting financially is this group of cash-strapped schools who are saving money by not having schools open- much less spent on utilities, substitutes, gasoline for buses...

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Do people really grasp what it means to some parents to suddenly have their kids out of school for 2 weeks? In Ft. Worth, they found out at 9PM the night before. There are single parents with elementary children who can not just leave them. They can not go to a day care because that defeats the whole purpose. Well, what if they work for a small business with only 2 or 3 employees and they work by the hour. That employer can not afford to pay them not to work, so if they miss work, they lose their source of income. The business needs someone to do the job to keep their business open and functioning. Do they find a temporary worker to fill in so this person can be home with their kid, but what does that parent do for income? Do they only give them a day or two to find someone to watch their kid so they can come to work and if not then replace them? People could lose jobs because their kids are not allowed to go to school or day care. This could be the final straw for some businesses that are suffering. So, yeah, the pettiness of students who only see the benefit for them of getting out of a stupid test is not a positive response to this situation that has been a difficult blow for many. Probably the one entity benefitting financially is this group of cash-strapped schools who are saving money by not having schools open- much less spent on utilities, substitutes, gasoline for buses...

^^^^^Gets it.

SpursWoman
05-02-2009, 11:40 AM

:lol

SpursWoman
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
^^^^^Gets it.

There are a lot of young teenagers referenced in this thread as being happy about not having to go to school. Are you guys really going to go so far as to say it's some extraordinary thing that a teenager will be a short-sited, selfish little bastard? Really? I have almost 2 of them ... apparently you guys are in for a rude awakening when your time comes. :lol

Like you said, you're the most important person in the world to yourself. That goes for a lot of others, too. :lol

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Like you said, you're the most important person in the world to yourself. That goes for a lot of others, too. :lol
Stop putting me in my place.

ploto
05-04-2009, 09:09 AM
You wake up one morning feeling achy and feverish. The directions from health officials battling swine flu are clear: Stay home from work. Don’t risk infecting others. And certainly don’t send a sick kid to school.

But what if you’re one of the estimated 57 million working Americans with no paid sick days?

Staying home could mean losing a paycheck, or worse, losing your job entirely...

Those least likely to have sick leave are low-income workers, particularly in fields like food services, child care and the hotel industry — in other words, the people you most want to be staying home if they’re sick.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/swine_flu/Millions_of_people_lack_sick_days.html

JoeChalupa
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
We went to Fiesta Texas yesterday and it was the least crowded we can remember in a long time. We went to the waterpark and there were no lines for any of the rides so it was great. I did sneeze once when I was in the wave pool and looked around to see if anybody ran but nobody cared. I did see plenty of hand sanitizer being used but no masks.
Oh, well, we all still feel great and my kids went to school.

DarkReign
05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Theyve started closing schools in Macomb County Michigan because of this shit!

So ridiculous.

desflood
05-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Theyve started closing schools in Macomb County Michigan because of this shit!

So ridiculous.
Talked to my dad the other night... he's an RT in Ludington (look it up; it's in the middle of f*cking nowhere). They're getting half the town's population in the ER every week thinking they might have swine flu :pimpslap

BacktoBasics
05-04-2009, 01:24 PM
They just closed every school in Corpus Christi until the 13th. Due to one confirmed case. This is going to fuck up a lot of peoples pay checks.

Spurminator
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I really hoped the weekend would kill this story...