http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/39/394880.jpg

Birthday: 4/29/87
NBA Position: Power Forward
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 230
Hometown: Etiwanda, CA
High School: Etiwanda
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeff-Pendergraph-1165/)
nbadraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jeff-pendergraph)
ESPN Insider (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=19164&draftyear=2008)

I think this guy has Spur written all over him. Supposed to be a good character guy. Could draft him and send him to Europe a la Gist. A good project with one of the later picks.

Libri
04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
NBADraft.net has him going 31st but DraftExpress has him in the late second round. It looks like he might be available for the Spurs.

TheProfessor
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
NBADraft.net has him going 31st but DraftExpress has him in the late second round. It looks like he might be available for the Spurs.
He could work his way up, but 31st is pretty high considering his lack of "upside." I usually side with DX over nbadraft, they have the better track record and analysis for my money.

mountainballer
06-03-2009, 04:11 AM
wow, this profile went down almost 15 pages. but we should keep an eye on Pendergraph!
(props to the Professor, he had him on his list quite early)

Pendergraph did quite well in the tests. he was always labeled as a bit undersized for a PF and not a special athlete.
but he measured pretty well, at 6'10'' (in shoes), wingspan 7'1'' and slightly under 9' standing reach he displays good size for a PF. (this numbers are identical in all areas to Drew Gooden for example. or Al Horford)
and his athletic numbers are in fact very good for a big. great vertical and even better sprint time. his sprint and leap numbers are identical to, guess who, Dwight Howard.
(Pendergraph also beats Gooden or Lee in this department and both had very good test results in 2002 and 2005)
what else?
Pendergraph was one of the most efficient scorers in the whole NCAA, last year he scored at a ridiculous rate of 1.70 PPS. and he is smart, a great team guy, a hard worker and willing defender. jesus, is there anything not to like about him?

benefactor
06-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Interesting indeed. The Professor was right...in reading his profile it seems that he has a lot of things the Spurs look for in their role players. I like his efficiency, passing and the fact that he almost never turns the ball over. It was also mentioned that he is starting to develop a bit of a midrange game. If he can hit that 15-17 footer to go along with all the other qualities he brings to the table then he would be a very nice option as a backup big. DX's mock has him slipping past us to the 57th pick, so he is a good candidate for one of our later picks.

mountainballer
06-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Interesting indeed. The Professor was right...in reading his profile it seems that he has a lot of things the Spurs look for in their role players. I like his efficiency, passing and the fact that he almost never turns the ball over. It was also mentioned that he is starting to develop a bit of a midrange game. If he can hit that 15-17 footer to go along with all the other qualities he brings to the table then he would be a very nice option as a backup big. DX's mock has him slipping past us to the 57th pick, so he is a good candidate for one of our later picks.

as much as I respect the estimations from DX, in this case I don't agree. I would be very surprised if he slips to the end of 2nd round.
(and DX is the only mock I saw that had him fall that far. most have him between 30 and 40)
this draft class isn't deep and especially the big man pool looks half empty. this alone should help Pendergraph to find a taker at the top of the 2nd round.

btw. if Spurs in fact focus on Casspi, they can't wait if he might fall down to #37. (or withdraws, if he doesn't have a 1st round promise). so they need a 1st rounder. maybe they can get a late 1st rounder for their 3 2nd rounders, but that's not very likely IMO. more likely is that they buy one, or that they get one for maybe their 2011 1st round pick.
(Wolves might be willing to deal #28 for the Spurs 2011 fist rounder)
in this scenario's the Spurs would pick Casspi in the 1st round and still have the #37 pick and then I would be pretty happy if they used it on Pendergraph.

benefactor
06-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Agreed. Casspi is looking more and more like he will be long gone before 37. If the Spurs have scouted him as closely as some here have said then there is a good chance they will work thier way into the first round to get him. If this happens and they still have the pick at 37, I wouldn't be opposed to using it on Pendergraph either.

DPG21920
06-03-2009, 09:29 AM
If your upside is Mikki Moore, than no.

benefactor
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
If your upside is Mikki Moore, than no.
?

Libri
06-11-2009, 08:08 PM
DraftExpress now has the Spurs picking Pendergraph at 37.

benefactor
06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
With the events that have transpired, Pendergraph has now topped my wish list of players to pick at 37 if we are going domestic with the pick.

kbrury
06-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I agree, and like DX says he could be an Oberto type player only younger

Mr. Body
06-23-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm having to re-evaluate the draft here. Pendergraph looks like a pretty safe bet if available in the 2nd round.

TheProfessor
06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm having to re-evaluate the draft here. Pendergraph looks like a pretty safe bet if available in the 2nd round.
Agreed. Not only does he display all the "Spur player" intangibles you want, but he plays a position that is now of absolute need. We'll be fortunate if he falls to 37.

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo.

benefactor
06-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo.
Care to elaborate?

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Ya, he sucks.

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 06:23 PM
He does not have a lot of talent nor upside. Why waste a pick on him? There will be veterans shaking loose available for the league minimum that are better now for the Spurs. Spurs should be taking the best talent available with their picks and he is not it.

benefactor
06-23-2009, 06:49 PM
He does not have a lot of talent nor upside. Why waste a pick on him? There will be veterans shaking loose available for the league minimum that are better now for the Spurs. Spurs should be taking the best talent available with their picks and he is not it.
Have you watched him play or are you working off an assumption? Not being an ass, just measuring the weight of the information.

I agree with you that there will be bigs available but having a lot of them to pick from right now is a problem we need. For the record...I would still take Claver with this pick if he was on the board at 37.

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Have you watched him play or are you working off an assumption? Not being an ass, just measuring the weight of the information.

I agree with you that there will be bigs available but having a lot of them to pick from right now is a problem we need. For the record...I would still take Claver with this pick if he was on the board at 37.

I have watched limited amounts of him. Just an opinion I have formed. I do not think he will be helpful this year more than a vet, so why draft him? Especially if there is more talent on the board?

timvp
06-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm having to re-evaluate the draft here.With second round picks to work with, the only objective should be finding a player who can play ... regardless of position. Drafting for need in the second round lowers the chances of finding an NBA player to under 5%.

benefactor
06-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I have watched limited amounts of him. Just an opinion I have formed. I do not think he will be helpful this year more than a vet, so why draft him? Especially if there is more talent on the board?
Fair enough...but when you speak of talent it would depend on what that talent is. If there is a decent PG we could pick up for depth purposes or a decent SF prospect(think Derrick Brown), then I wouldn't be against using the pick on someone like that. I am simply looking at the situation on the front line and wanting to have as many options as possible...so I wouldn't mind taking Pendergraph just to have another option.