04-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Sergio Llull

http://www.draftexpress.com/headshots/sergiollull.jpg

Position: PG/SG
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 176 lbs
Birthday: 11/15/1987
(21 Years Old)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sergio-Llull-5023/)

tp2021
04-30-2009, 12:38 PM
How the hell do you pronounce that last name?

TheProfessor
04-30-2009, 12:41 PM
How the hell do you pronounce that last name?
Acccording to this previous thread: (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115645)

Ah, and /yuy/ or /yull/ are the most correct pronunciation.

mountainballer
04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
watch out for the Blazers to pick him at 24.
they know the Spanish market as well as any team and they will be pretty happy to steal Sergi to add him to Fernandez and Rodriguez in a year or two. don't know why he is always ranked only in the 2nd round. he is special. great athlete for a white Euro guy. very good speed with the ball. dunks as if he was 3 inches taller. sometimes wild and out of control. he's 21, he will learn to control his game. could become a Delonte West type of player.

EricB
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I like llull from what i've heard from time to time from a friend.

Seems like what Alex Garcia would've been had he stayed healthy.

Ditty
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
could drop to the second round wouldnt mind the spurs getting him and victor claver

hopefully one will drop or the spurs trade there 2 draft picks late in the round for this guy or victor claver

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 06:06 PM
watch out for the Blazers to pick him at 24.
they know the Spanish market as well as any team and they will be pretty happy to steal Sergi to add him to Fernandez and Rodriguez in a year or two. don't know why he is always ranked only in the 2nd round. he is special. great athlete for a white Euro guy. very good speed with the ball. dunks as if he was 3 inches taller. sometimes wild and out of control. he's 21, he will learn to control his game. could become a Delonte West type of player.

He is athletic, very good energy and skilled. I think he is low in mock drafts because his brain works like pure one to one scorer. So they figure he is a short SG.

Blackjack
05-25-2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/25/draft-prospect-sergio-llull/

Props to mountainballer, by the way.:toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/25/draft-prospect-sergio-llull/

Props to mountainballer, by the way.:toast

Ignore that complete nonsense. Calderon? Fernandez? Navarro? He is nothing like those players. Mountainballer must be joking.

mountainballer
05-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Ignore that complete nonsense. Calderon? Fernandez? Navarro? He is nothing like those players. Mountainballer must be joking.

your personal problems aside, it would be very helpful for this board if you would read the posts of other members at all, before jump at it and do your typical "all nonsense, I know it better" routine.
I said the Calderon comparison from Draftexpress is NOT a good comparison. and I said that comparisons to JCN would make MORE sense (than a comparison to Calderon). not only rocket scientists might n see what I try to display by using the example of another Spanish guy, who pure NBA watcher (like most here) might know. even you stated, that Llull isn't a typical point guard, he is more of a SG playing occasionally the point. what else is JCN? btw. when JCN was at the same age (in 2002), he was a quite similar in many aspects to the player Llull is at the same age.
and I finally said, that REGARDING explosiveness and athleticism he is in a category like Fernandez.
as you might have noticed, I didn't use Greek players as comparisons.
I used Spanish players out of the Spanish ACB league with NBA ties to describe a Spanish player out of the Spanish ACB league, who might be in the NBA one day.
just use some of the time, you usually spend for a boatload of trash posts for reading. I even don't ask you to use some time for thinking, because this might be in fact wasted time.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-26-2009, 04:49 PM
your personal problems aside, it would be very helpful for this board if you would read the posts of other members at all, before jump at it and do your typical "all nonsense, I know it better" routine.
I said the Calderon comparison from Draftexpress is NOT a good comparison. and I said that comparisons to JCN would make MORE sense (than a comparison to Calderon). not only rocket scientists might n see what I try to display by using the example of another Spanish guy, who pure NBA watcher (like most here) might know. even you stated, that Llull isn't a typical point guard, he is more of a SG playing occasionally the point. what else is JCN? btw. when JCN was at the same age (in 2002), he was a quite similar in many aspects to the player Llull is at the same age.
and I finally said, that REGARDING explosiveness and athleticism he is in a category like Fernandez.
as you might have noticed, I didn't use Greek players as comparisons.
I used Spanish players out of the Spanish ACB league with NBA ties to describe a Spanish player out of the Spanish ACB league, who might be in the NBA one day.
just use some of the time, you usually spend for a boatload of trash posts for reading. I even don't ask you to use some time for thinking, because this might be in fact wasted time.

Everyone should just ignore his posts about European players.

TheProfessor
05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Everyone should just ignore his posts about European players.
You have nasty habit of attacking Euro posters who know what the hell they're talking about. I wonder why.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
You have nasty habit of attacking Euro posters who know what the hell they're talking about. I wonder why.

He does not know what he is talking about. Lull is NOTHING like ANY of those players. He is just talking nonsense.

Ditty
05-26-2009, 11:45 PM
so kill bill would he help the spurs in a year or two?

whats his contract status in europe?

are the spurs intersted?

who do you compare this guy too?

wildbill2u
06-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Acccording to this previous thread: (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115645)

We could have an announcer give the following account:

Yuy (yoouee) passes to Hill from uipui who passes back to Yuy.

Bruno
06-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Real Madrid's new GM is Antonio Maceiras. Maceiras has worked for Spurs this year.

So if Spurs draft Llull, they will negotiate the buyout with someone they know very well.

mountainballer
06-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Real Madrid's new GM is Antonio Maceiras. Maceiras has worked for Spurs this year.

So if Spurs draft Llull, they will negotiate the buyout with someone they know very well.

as far as I know Llull's contract is for one more year.
it has been a bit quiet about him the last 2 weeks and most mocks have him in the middle of the 2nd round. that's a bit surprising, after a quite 2nd half of the season Llull played very good in the 3 games of the Spanish league semi finals against TAU.
(he averaged 14 PPG in just 21 MPG. shooting 56% FG and 100%FT)
I'm pretty sure the Spurs FO has followed those games, as they for sure evaluate all games from Tiago.
however, we shouldn't hope for much hype about Llull (like about Casspi), this is the only chance that he will be there at #37.
I would still claim what I did some weeks ago: Llull is a 1st round talent and would be a steal at #37, even if getting him to SA might once more become a knotty situation.

tav1
06-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Damn, Bruno. You never quit. You're Yoda and the rest of us are just swinging light sabers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Damn, Bruno. You never quit. You're Yoda and the rest of us are just swinging light sabers.

I know right? Fuck, Bruno, take a day off.

Bruno
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
as far as I know Llull's contract is for one more year.
it has been a bit quiet about him the last 2 weeks and most mocks have him in the middle of the 2nd round. that's a bit surprising, after a quite 2nd half of the season Llull played very good in the 3 games of the Spanish league semi finals against TAU.

I guess the reason why Llull (and Claver) are so low in the draft is because teams have some doubts about their willingness to play in NBA.
AFAIK, Llull never did something that showed he was interested in the NBA: no early entry, no workouts in the USA...

NBA teams could have some doubts about about their ability to take away Llull from Real. Real looks like a great place for Llull with Messina and maybe they will spend some money on the BB team after all the money they spend on the soccer team.

mountainballer
06-17-2009, 02:45 AM
I guess the reason why Llull (and Claver) are so low in the draft is because teams have some doubts about their willingness to play in NBA.
AFAIK, Llull never did something that showed he was interested in the NBA: no early entry, no workouts in the USA...

NBA teams could have some doubts about about their ability to take away Llull from Real. Real looks like a great place for Llull with Messina and maybe they will spend some money on the BB team after all the money they spend on the soccer team.

yes I thought the same. NBA teams might be a bit intimidated by Real's financial power. even if they never spent huge numbers for their basketball team, a club that can invest about 250 million $ just for buy outs/transfer fees for new soccer players in one single off season, might as well burn one or another million for a fan favorite basketball player.

about the work outs: Llull played the Spanish league POs with Real till June 6th (if Real had beat Tau in the semifinals he would still play), so I guess it maybe was less his willingness to come over for work outs, it just wasn't possible. and about the missing early entry: till last season Llull didn't get much minutes with Real and therefore also not that much attention. and last year he would have had the same problem to come in for work outs like this year. so maybe they didn't see much sense in entering the draft.
but that's all pure speculation, it's right that there also isn't an indication that Llull sees his future in the NBA. becoming a franchise player and fan hero in Madrid (much like Navarro in Barcelona) while making more money than in the NBA isn't the worst career outlook a young pro athlete could have.

Mr. Body
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
If they draft him at #37 I'm thru with the Spurs.

Ditty
06-17-2009, 02:31 PM
i hope they get him with there late picks or trade both of them for llull just in case tony ends up walking in 2012