04-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Danny Green

http://www.draftexpress.com/headshots/dannygreen.jpg

Position: SG/SF
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 210 lbs
Birthday: 06/22/1987
(21 Years Old)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Danny-Green-504/)

JoshO501
04-30-2009, 02:43 PM
didn't he work out with the spurs last year before he pulled out of the draft?

Spurs_9_20_21
04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
i'd like to get him or wayne ellington.

EricB
04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Slasher?

Scorer?

Anyone know? I didn't catch alot of the tourny this year so I don't know.

JoshO501
04-30-2009, 04:02 PM
he shot the 3 ball pretty good in the tourney

Mark in Austin
05-01-2009, 01:26 AM
from Draft Express - possible he could be around in the second round:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Danny-Green-504/

February 11, 2009
After a breakout junior season, Danny Green has once again taken his game to the next level as a senior, showing some nice increases in production and efficiency in many areas while playing the largest role he’s ever played for UNC.

Green has made a few noteworthy improvements on the offensive end, something that isn’t all too surprising given the way we saw him work out over the summer. The first thing to take note of is Green’s improved shooting from three-point range, up nearly 10 points to 47% (9th of all players in our database), doubly impressive given the increased length of the three-point line this season.

Looking at the mechanics of his shot, it’s very encouraging to see the type of changes Green has made in such a short period of time, which is a testament to the work he must’ve put in over the summer. Green has always been consistent with his mechanics, but his form is now much closer to textbook form, boasting full straight-arm extension and follow through on nearly all of his shots, which is clearly making a strong impact on the results. In addition to that, Green shows good balance and squares his shoulders well when he isn’t rushed, while getting solid elevation with a very high and decently quick release. Green’s mechanics can show some bad habits when he’s rushed by a defender, and his results fall off in these situations as well, but it’s not something that isn’t fixable.

In addition to his good shooting form and the results he’s been getting, there are many other reasons to be optimistic in regards to Green’s shot, namely the fact that he already shows NBA three-point range with his good upper and lower body strength, showing no change in form when shooting from past the line. Also, Green shows excellent awareness of floor spacing while doing a great job moving to open spaces on the floor, frequently getting open for good catch-and-shoot opportunities. His awareness and readiness are both top-notch on the offensive end, and many NBA teams will likely be attracted to the way he’s spent four years excelling in his job as a role player in one of the best offenses in the country.

Aside from his jump shot, Green brings other things to the table on the offensive end, namely his ability to move without the ball, as alluded to above. In addition to doing a good job of maintaining spacing and consistently getting open for spot-up opportunities, Green reads and take advantage of cutting lanes exceptionally well also, doing a great job of slashing to the rim without the ball for the catch-and-finish. Green converts on these opportunities frequently in college, but in analyzing his game, some questions arise about how this ability will convert at the next level, as he doesn’t have the explosiveness to power up over weak side help consistently, and his ability to score with finesse on lay-ups and floaters over help hasn’t been consistently reliable in the NCAA. Working on his floaters and contested lay-ups in half court situations should be among his priorities in preparing for the draft, to better maximize his off-the-ball abilities.

As a ball-handler, Green seemed to be showing some progress in the offseason workouts we were privy to, but it hasn’t really translated to his game yet, as he still looks uncomfortable when executing advanced moves and doesn’t have the first step to get by his man with any sort of consistency. In isolation situations, Green is just not much of a threat to take his man to the hole, however he’s looked more comfortable pulling up off the dribble, doing well when he can get space, though still struggling a bit to consistently create it. He’s very rarely getting to the free throw line this season—his 1.9 attempts per-40 is an extremely low total, and easily the lowest of his career.

Green’s passing also has to be mentioned, as he’s dishing out an impressive 3.1 assists per game compared with 1.7 turnovers while playing off the ball, helping improve his assist to turnover ratio drastically from 1.04 to 1.8 this season. Green has excellent decision-making and sees the floor very well, making lots of smart, simple passes in half court sets, however he’s also shown growing abilities as the handler in pick-and-rolls, making very good reads and dishing out some nice assists.

Defensively, Green is still excellent, one of the best perimeter defenders the NCAA has to offer, showing superb fundamentals and instincts, making great use of his size and length to consistently body up on the perimeter. Green uses his length incredibly well to alter shots, with many of his 1.6 blocks coming in isolation situations on the perimeter, which isn’t all too common at any level of basketball. Laterally, Green doesn’t particularly stand out, but his quickness is more than adequate when coupled with everything else he brings to the table, particularly his 6-10 wingspan. The drop in his rebounding rate this season can likely be explained by the fact that he’s no longer playing power forward for UNC, as he’s become the starting small forward.

Currently projected as a mid-second round pick, it’d be surprising to see Green go undrafted given the improvements he’s made over his four years at UNC, most notably this season. Even though he’s not a prototypical NBA athlete, his ability to defend and make shots could still look very attractive. Because of his outstanding basketball IQ and the experience he’s received at UNC, he may even begin to creep into first round discussions as the draft draws nearer, as winning teams drafting near the end of the first may be attracted to a player who’s already excelled as a two-way role player for a top college team in a top college conference, which should ease his transition to the league.

tp2021
05-01-2009, 03:12 AM
6-10 wingspan on a defensive-minded SF sounds wonderful. He and Hill could attend Camp Defense with scoutmaster Bruce all season. Have Hairston and Gist tag along during the summer, and who knows? We could have lots of little Bruces running around all over the court in the future.

Mark in Austin
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
My best friend lives in NC and saw him play quite a few times - he's the one that brought him to my attention as a potential Bowen replacement that could be a realistic get in the second round.

mountainballer
05-02-2009, 08:04 AM
I haven't been a big fan of a Green pick in the past, mainly because I looked at the limitations first (size, athleticism, ball handling, ability to drive, upside), but I have to admit, that I totally changed my mind on him in the last weeks. it's not that I have him on top of my wish list for the #37 pick, but if Spurs pick him there, I for sure won't complain.

I agree with the previous poster, that there is a lot of Bruce Bowen in Green. and similar to Bruce the work ethic of Green seems of the charts, so there is a good chance that he will improve in areas like ball handling, which is clearly an area where hard work helps. and if we needed another comparison: Green has missed just one single game in his 4 years college career.

the fact that he was already a role player on a championship team and did accept this role without any problems, is also reassuring.
NC might not even have been the perfect system for him. a slower pace should help him a lot. as the 4th option on a half court attack, he would mainly get those open shots, he is best suited for. and his passing ability is likely much better as Bruce's, so his role in the offensive plays could become a bigger one.
overall I think he would be an unspectacular, but pretty solid pick up and he should be as NBA ready as any player in the draft..

manufor3
05-02-2009, 09:39 AM
he will be in the first round

05-02-2009, 02:59 PM
sounds like the prototypical spurs SF. takes pride in defense and a spot up shooter. i would like it if he could demonstrate more offense in the NBA though.

SenorSpur
05-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Sounds like an intriguing prospect.

Mark in Austin
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM
my buddy texted me about him again:

"His talents would be wasted in any other organization"

benefactor
05-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Interesting. I have been pretty skeptical of anything good coming out of this draft but if we could get him or Casspi I would consider it a success.

Spurs_9_20_21
05-03-2009, 03:58 PM
he will be in the first round
how do you know? that's not for sure.

Biggems
05-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I wish we still had a 1st round pick.

I want that kid from Pitt Young and then Green with #37.....those two, along with Hill and Hairston, would give us a great defensive minded bench.

Ditty
05-04-2009, 11:59 PM
i want green,lull and,and claver

we would have a real nice future hopefully spurs can poke someones eyes with bonner or even one of there past 2nd round draft picks like jarvatokas or sandikizie to get these 3 guys please do it pop

Mr. Body
05-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Agree that this guy is probably a first rounder now.

Ditty
05-05-2009, 01:42 AM
he would entertain the crowd with his dancing

Thomas82
05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
6-10 wingspan on a defensive-minded SF sounds wonderful. He and Hill could attend Camp Defense with scoutmaster Bruce all season. Have Hairston and Gist tag along during the summer, and who knows? We could have lots of little Bruces running around all over the court in the future.

That would be music to my ears if we could get him.

Taking it to the Hole
05-07-2009, 10:48 PM
He is going in the first round but probably late, so there is a chance that he might slip. If he does, Spurs should snatch him up.

Ditty
05-08-2009, 02:29 AM
perfect player for the sports he could backup if we end up getting my boi ariza if we get him

Spurs_9_20_21
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
if we do get him....do you think he'll start????

Ditty
05-11-2009, 04:18 PM
if we do get him....do you think he'll start????

if we dont get ariza :lol:bang

Spurs_9_20_21
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
if we dont get ariza :lol:bang
Why are you so high on Ariza, what makes you think we're going to get him?? I know your avatar is Ariza (I think) :lol But is he really that good??

Ditty
05-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Why are you so high on Ariza, what makes you think we're going to get him?? I know your avatar is Ariza (I think) :lol But is he really that good??

im so high on ariza is becuase he is only 22 a great defender, getting better offenseively and improving his 3 point range, he just beggining to develop and would be a better fit then bowen was and a replacment

i think ariza might leave la when he sees other offers from other teams and i think at the end of the day la might pursue odom then ariza

NewJerSpur
05-11-2009, 09:51 PM
im so high on ariza is becuase he is only 22 a great defender, getting better offenseively and improving his 3 point range, he just beggining to develop and would be a better fit then bowen was and a replacment

i think ariza might leave la when he sees other offers from other teams and i think at the end of the day la might pursue odom then ariza

Lakers can replace Odom, IMO, Ariza not so much and he's a great fit there.

NewJerSpur
05-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Ariza is from L.A. I don't see him leaving to be honest.

:tu

Ditty
05-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Ariza is from L.A. I don't see him leaving to be honest.

he's from miami went to high school in la but went to ucla

odom would be tough to replace becaue he costs so much matchup porblems but well see becuase no matter who they keep they wont get paid that much and ariza wants a pay day and odom also

Ditty
05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
The point is that the majority of his life he has lived in LA. I'd say LA is more of a home to Ariza than anywhere else.

I am not saying I wouldn't want Ariza. I actually really do, but I'd rather be realistic.

yah but bynums contract screwed up this team up big time

i see pop and rc really trying to convince him to come over espically if phil jackson is really going to retire next year

NewJerSpur
05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
he's from miami went to high school in la but went to ucla

odom would be tough to replace becaue he costs so much matchup porblems but well see becuase no matter who they keep they wont get paid that much and ariza wants a pay day and odom also

Having a big with Odom's versatility with regards to matchups is a luxury, IMO, but having a long/athletic 3 who can defend almost every position on the court while posing a threat on the perimeter and around the rim is invaluable....especially for a team with their defensive lapses.

Ditty
05-12-2009, 01:07 AM
believe in ariza

i do

that why i hope him and sheed not mcdyess actually come over next year

mountainballer
05-12-2009, 03:38 AM
Green would be a good pick at #37, but if the Spurs in fact think about signing Austin Nichols, this pick doesn't make as much sense.

angelbelow
05-12-2009, 04:13 AM
lol he looks like trevor

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2009, 05:09 AM
how come his development is shit compared to granger? ,,,,,

manufor3
05-15-2009, 07:12 AM
how do you know? that's not for sure.

he is too good to fall into the second round, much less to the 37th

AFBlue
05-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Green just seems like a player the Spurs would target...a defense-first role player that does well in just about every category but won't wow you.

Of all the realistic SG/SF prospects in this draft, I'd pick this guy.

benefactor
05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Green just seems like a player the Spurs would target...a defense-first role player that does well in just about every category but won't wow you.

Of all the realistic SG/SF prospects in this draft, I'd pick this guy.
Agreed. The signs point to us probably taking Casspi at 37, but he is gone I hope we take Green.

loveforthegame
05-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Unless someone surprising is still on the board I'll be disappointed if we don't take Green at 37 if he's still there.

SenorSpur
05-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Which one seems to be the better prospect - Green or Casspi?

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Will Green be available at 37? I hope he is, and if not, I hope we move to get him.

tav1
05-24-2009, 11:30 PM

Depending on who pulls out, they both could be off the board at 37, especially Casspi. I don't really know who is better, but I think I prefer Casspi. He seems to have a higher ceiling, did more against better competition, he's got good size for small forward, etc...

AFBlue
05-25-2009, 11:40 AM

I'd say Green is probably more ready to contribute because he's a capable three-point shooter and he plays solid defense.

But Casspi has better size, is aggressive driving to the hoop, and is a smart player off the ball.

To me though, they're different types of prospects. Green is a SG/SF long-term, while Casspi is a SF/small-ball PF.

If the Spurs are looking for an immediate contributor that can step in and be a solid role player, I'd say go with Green. If they're looking for the kid with more upside, it's Casspi.

So the long answer...really no "better", just different. Truth be told, I hope they buy a pick and get both.

Ditty
05-25-2009, 12:12 PM
that would be awesome if we can get both :) and get claver and lull in the later rounds

Brazil
05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
And Ariza is clutch on D in the 4th, every damn 4th he made clutch actions on D : steals, rebounds, blks...

Ditty
05-25-2009, 12:35 PM
And Ariza is clutch on D in the 4th, every damn 4th he made clutch actions on D : steals, rebounds, blks...

yah i would break the bank for this guy

even give spurs my paychecks for this kid :toast

SenorSpur
05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I'd say Green is probably more ready to contribute because he's a capable three-point shooter and he plays solid defense.

But Casspi has better size, is aggressive driving to the hoop, and is a smart player off the ball.

To me though, they're different types of prospects. Green is a SG/SF long-term, while Casspi is a SF/small-ball PF.

If the Spurs are looking for an immediate contributor that can step in and be a solid role player, I'd say go with Green. If they're looking for the kid with more upside, it's Casspi.

So the long answer...really no "better", just different. Truth be told, I hope they buy a pick and get both.

With the putrid situation that is the SF position on this team, I'm going to suggest the Spurs get greedy and hopefully nab both of them - assuming they're both available. Besides the Spurs have 3 second round picks.

Brazil
05-26-2009, 07:19 AM
yah i would break the bank for this guy

even give spurs my paychecks for this kid :toast

:toast unfortunately he is no spurs material he is young athletic and he can dunk

Bruno
05-29-2009, 05:07 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/29/whats-the-point/#more-3015

Green, by the way, worked out for San Antonio

mountainballer
05-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Green measured significantly better this year than in last years combine:

height without shoes: 6' 5.25"
height in shoes: 6' 6.5"
weight: 208.0
wingspan: 6' 10"
standing reach: 8' 7"

that's 3/4' more height and looks ok for a wing. far from the "long" SF, but nice for a SG/SF as the Spurs usually play them.

(DX explains that the measurements were taken in the morning, when people are slightly taller. maybe, but it also isn't impossible that also a 21 yeas old guy still grews an inch over a year. a friend of mine grew 2 full inches from 20 to 21)

tav1
05-30-2009, 09:17 AM
those measurements are legit.

benefactor
06-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Both nbadraft.net and DX both now have Green falling past us in the second round. If we are not going to move up for Casspi or Sam Young then I think Green is the best available.

SenorSpur
06-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Both nbadraft.net and DX both now have Green falling past us in the second round. If we are not going to move up for Casspi or Sam Young then I think Green is the best available.

Unless, of course, Bitchard and the rest of the Blazers FO decide to play "dirty pool" and throw a monkey wrench into the Spurs draft plans.

duncan228
06-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Person of interest: Danny Green (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/06/person-of-inter-4.html)
By Jeff McDonald

With exactly one week to go before the NBA draft, we continue our look at potential Spurs targets by examining North Carolina small forward Danny Green.

For about the past several seasons, the Spurs have been on the lookout for "the next Bruce Bowen" -- a rangy defensive player who can hit a shot every now and then, but for whom offense is clearly secondary.

It would be silly to compare Green to Bowen at this stage -- Bowen is an eight-time All-NBA defender, Green is a 22-year-old who has never played in a professional game. But, on paper, Green at least possesses some attributes that make him an intriguing prospect for the "Bowen-in-waiting" role.

Green is 6-foot-6 with a 6-10 wingspan, and was renowned in college as a particularly good all-around defender. He isn't overwhelmingly athletic, and doesn't possess much of a one-on-one offensive game, but he has worked hard to refine his shooting mechanics and can hit a catch-and-shoot 3-pointer with some regularity (sound familiar?). Green averaged 13.1 points as a senior at UNC, and hit at a 41-percent clip from 3-point range.

The best part for the Spurs is that Green ought to be available when they are picking in the second round. Though his NBA ceiling is limited, Green could turn out to be a valuable NBA role player some day. That is all you're shooting for at pick No. 37.

benefactor
06-18-2009, 01:18 PM
McDonald = Spurs Think Tank reader.

Mel_13
06-18-2009, 01:44 PM

While those websites aren't perfect, they are staffed with guys who live and breathe this stuff. With several players announcing they are withdrawing, it is surprising that Green's projected place in the draft is falling. Anyone have any idea why?

benefactor
06-18-2009, 01:57 PM
A report from the New Jersey workout said he didn't look very good. Perhaps he has failed to impress at other workouts too?

Blackjack
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
McDonald = Spurs Think Tank reader.

That, and I'd put money on McDonald basically writing a stack of generic "Pesron Of Interest" articles after seeing who's worked out for the Spurs and just slowly releasing them, as if he were writing up-to-date stories.:lol

Blackjack
06-18-2009, 02:30 PM
A report from the New Jersey workout said he didn't look very good. Perhaps he has failed to impress at other workouts too?

:tu

I think a lot of teams have a hard time looking at prospects when it comes to role-players.

A lot of the time they get caught up in upside and what the player can't do because they're looking for the next gem, and often neglect the greatly needed role player.

Some simply don't have the system/franchise-player to know what their role player's should be or how they'd fit, so I'm sure that's part of the equation, but teams would probably do themselves a lot of good if they started being realistic about success-rates and started evaluating what a player can do.

Libri
06-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Maybe he's trying to hard to impress and it's backfiring. It he is there at 37, I hope the Spurs grab him.

Mr. Body
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Danny Green is a system player. He'll have problems getting shots for himself or operating even in smaller competitive settings, but could be good in a structured team environment. Don't know if he's an NBA player, but can be compared to that Radio guy SF from a couple years ago for UNC and others.

SenorSpur
06-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I wonder what the chances of us keeping the 37th pick are? I mean, likely we will move up to the first round as several teams are willing to give their picks up. I could easily see us trading into the first round, drafting at 37 and trade that pick for cash or a future draft pick.

That would be too perfect - but one can only hope. :hat

bigdog
06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I wonder what the chances of us keeping the 37th pick are? I mean, likely we will move up to the first round as several teams are willing to give their picks up. I could easily see us trading into the first round, drafting at 37 and trade that pick for cash or a future draft pick.

That would be epic.

Tully365
06-21-2009, 10:32 PM
It seems like maybe his stock is dropping a little bit-- draftexpress now has him going 42nd...

kbrury
06-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I guess his workouts didn't really go that well, Im hoping he did terribly so we can get him with the 51st pick lol :rollin

Tully365
06-21-2009, 11:04 PM
The most recent Real GM mock has the Spurs taking Jerebko at #37 and Green at #51, a scenario I'd be very happy with...

kbrury
06-21-2009, 11:08 PM
That would be too good to be true, but im hoping for that or Young.

Spurs_9_20_21
06-22-2009, 12:21 AM
I guess his workouts didn't really go that well, Im hoping he did terribly so we can get him with the 51st pick lol :rollin
That would be great and then all of a sudden he could be a great role player....and we could get Young with the first round pick. A person can dream can't they? :lol

kbrury
06-22-2009, 01:02 AM
If we draft Young then wouldn't Green be slightly redundant to draft? How many 3s do we want? I guess if he is at 51 we take him, but I think a 4 would be a better draft pick. But then again what 4 would be at 51 and not 53?

I meant either the scenario where we get Jerebko and Green or moving up and getting Young, each would make me happy and I'm sure everyone here would be happy also. My pipe dream (it could happen :P) is we trade up and get young by buying a pick with cash and the last 2 picks and then with the 37th pick we get Pendergraph.

SenorSpur
06-22-2009, 02:24 AM
If we draft Young then wouldn't Green be slightly redundant to draft? How many 3s do we want?

When considering the talent-thin state of the SF position with this team, it defintely makes perfect sense for them to get 2 SFs in this draft. In fact, they would be foolish not to. They can accomplish this preferably by trading up into the 1st round for a SF. Then perhaps taking another, as developmental type, in either the early or late 2nd round. Chances are the 2nd round choice may not pan out. On the other hand, if they both pan out, the Spurs will be that much stronger at the position, both now and in the future.

This is all based upon the assumption that they will not be able to trade for or sign a mid-career SF, at a reasonable price, in July.

benefactor
06-22-2009, 07:46 AM
The most recent Real GM mock has the Spurs taking Jerebko at #37 and Green at #51, a scenario I'd be very happy with...
No doubt. If we are not going to move up to get someone like Young then this would be the next best thing.

timvp
06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
More and more mock drafts have him falling to around 37? He seems to have a little bit of Chris Carrawell in him and I question his commitment and attitude ... that said, he's probably worth a very close look because he's one of the few players that has a chance to help relatively soon.

Vic Petro
06-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Tweet from Grizzlies blogger, fwiw:

Griz draft workout: Marcus Thornton (powerful, three-point range) impressive, Danny Green (stiff, can't handle) slightly disappointing.

mountainballer
06-23-2009, 04:47 AM
Interesting. Bad work outs happen. So do good workouts. The reason we drafted Marcus Williams over Glenn "Big Baby" Davis is because Williams had a strong workout with us and Davis had a poor one.

teams like the Spurs need to hope for some bad work outs of decent players. it doesn't help if the play themself out of our reach.
last year Chalmers reportedly didn't look good in several work outs and therefore dropped till #34. Green could be a similar case.

Spurtacus
06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
from espn

Positives:
# All-around player who excels on both ends of the floor
# Offensively very smooth
# Has a nice stroke with growing NBA 3-point range
# He's a good rebounder for his position
# A potential lockdown defender
# Tough, great basketball IQ

Negatives:

# Just an average athlete
# Not particularly explosive
# Lacks great lateral quickness
# More than a role player in the pros?

Summary: Mar 30 Update: Green is one of the most underrated players in the country. He's been in a little bit of a slump of late, but really busted out of it in a big way versus Oklahoma. The great thing about Green is that he can do a bit of everything. He can score in a lot of ways, he can handle the ball and he can defend. He's been overshadowed by all the talent on the Tar Heels, but I think he's one guy who could end up sneaking into the first round with great workouts. It's hard to say a North Carolina player has been underexposed, but if there is one, it's Green.

Jan 1 Update: Green doesn't do anything to really wow you, but his production at UNC as a junior was excellent in limited minutes coming off the bench. He's the type of player who will stick on a team and eventually become a rotation player. He's getting more minutes and a bigger role as a senior, giving him a better shot at the first round.

holcs50
06-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Honestly after watching all the draft hype and watching most of the picks coming in the 2nd round in college i really believe green is one of 2 or 3 that can make it in the nba. Watch, i hope we get him, but either way i bet he makes it and in a decent role.

bigdog
06-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I think he should be available there at 37, if the Spurs aren't able to move up to get a Casspi or Young.

Mel_13
08-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers announce the signing of second-round draft choice Danny Green

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/08/cleveland_cavaliers_announce_t.html

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The most the team could offer was two years for $1.2 million, though not all of it had to be guaranteed.