PDA

View Full Version : Would Pop follow Finley into FA?

Fabbs
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
If Michael Finley does not retire yet also turns down Pops offer to start again next year and play 33 minutes a game -especially in the playoffs.

What will happen if Finley leaves Pop in free agency for another team? Is that even thinkable? If so would Pop immediately press Holt to be released from his Spurs contract to pursue an offer with Finleys team?

He's won 4 titles you know.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Where's the "beating a dead horse" emoticon when it's needed?

duncan228
04-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Where's the "beating a dead horse" emoticon when it's needed?

:deadhorse

MrChug
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
He will NOT perform unless starting...that's why we need to drop him. Parker, Mason should be the backcourt. Assuming Ginobili still needs a few months past opening night.

EricB
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I;m still waiiting on Fabbs to answer the question of whos the best available coach he'd rather coach the team because apparently, pop is the worst ever with his childish posts.

spursfan1000
04-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't think he will leave the Spurs, it's either he retires or he resigns.

lefty
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Pop will follow Finley everywhere

Even if Finley goes to his bedroom

raspsa
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
There was talk of packaging him in a deal with the Bulls.. maybe going back to his hometown to bring some maturity to a young Bulls team will appeal to him and maybe we can get someone useful in return.. Pop and RC need to look up Vinny's phone number..

Sean Cagney
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Pop says he would retire the day Tim did, so theres your answer there.

lefty
04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Pop says he would retire the day Tim did, so theres your answer there.

Maybe he thought Tim retired earlier? That explains it

Pop was nowhere to be seen this season

SouthTexasRancher
04-30-2009, 09:17 PM
If Michael Finley does not retire yet also turns down Pops offer to start again next year and play 33 minutes a game -especially in the playoffs.

What will happen if Finley leaves Pop in free agency for another team? Is that even thinkable? If so would Pop immediately press Holt to be released from his Spurs contract to pursue an offer with Finleys team?

He's won 4 titles you know.

Huh? Maybe lay off the MD 20/20 before the sun goes down! You sound like a politician...the kind of politician that no one has a clue of what they are struggling to say. Like those in Austin and Washington, DC. Anyway, thanks for playing the game. Your consolation prize will be given to you when you walk off the stage. See Ms. Paliquattiez.

Talk about really, really stupid questions.

Sean Cagney
04-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Maybe he thought Tim retired earlier? That explains it

Pop was nowhere to be seen this season

You didn't see that beard this year man :wow:lol:lol:rollin

Fabbs
05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I;m still waiiting on Fabbs to answer the question of whos the best available coach he'd rather coach the team because apparently, pop is the worst ever with his childish posts.

Obstructed_View to EricB
Dude, your breath smells like a cross between Pop's ass and Finley's nuts.

Coaches who would have repeated with Timmy Dunks and co:
Pat Riley
Aggie Hoops Fan
ducks
possibly Kori
Mr. Swanson the 7th grade basketball coach and p.e. instructor
lefty
raspa
Mr. Chug
Texas 2 Step
even you.

z0sa
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
there's no denying Pop made mistakes this year, more than any other year thus far in his reign.

EricB
05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Once again, Fabbs fails to answer the question.

But again, he has a 12 year old agenda and won't ever answer cause he has zero fucking clue about basketball.

Fabbs
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Once again, Fabbs fails to answer the question.

But again, he has a 12 year old agenda and won't ever answer cause he has zero fucking clue about basketball.
T Park,
I've only been on ST for 5 years. So my agenda of "Spurs Championships First and Foremost" and "No one coach or player is bigger then the Spurs as a Team" could not be 12 years old.

That i include you as one of the coaches who could win and you dispute that, well, self-ownage at it's finest.

As to Pat Rileys abilities, he's a guy who has repeated, won it all in 2006 vs the same team that Popped bowed to (never mind the Manu brain fart, bottom line EricB, Finleys 1st year from the team he came from and Pop lost. Period. Riley won, period. With a much lessor roster then Poppycock had.)

Here is some more interesting stuff on how Riles would treat Dunkar.

Jeff McDonald: Duncan as Kareem?
MIAMI -- Pat Riley has coached Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Pat Riley has also coached Shaquille O'Neal. Good news for Spurs fans: Pat Riley says Tim Duncan reminds him of the former, and not the latter.

"Duncan reminds me a lot of Kareem," Riley, the Miami Heat coach, said after this morning's shootaround. "Kareem wasn't a physical center, he was a finesse center. And he played until he was 41 years old."

More than that, Jabbar remained one of the league's most dominant players well into his late 30s. In 1986, at age 38, Jabbar averaged 23.4 points per game.

Riley's point: Big men like Duncan and Jabbar, who rely more on their mind and their touch than sheer physical strength and skill, tend to have a longer shelf life in the NBA.

Meanwhile, players whose main strength is their strength -- like O'Neal -- often begin to show their age much sooner. O'Neal's body has begun to betray him the past couple seasons. At age 34, he is obviously on the downslope of his Hall-of-Fame career. This preseason, O'Neal has been plagued with a strained calf muscle. (He's expected to play in tonight's game after sitting out the previous two).

But back to Kareem ...

"I didn't start coaching Kareem until he was 32 years old," Riley said. "And he played nine more years after that. And he won four more championships after that."

Riley says he wouldn't be surprised if Duncan accomplished something similar, in terms of both success and longevity. Spurs fans can only hope he's right.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...onald_d_1.html
link no longer works.

Also, Riles wanted Mason earlier this year. You can sure as hell bet Riley would not have mothballed GHill after 50 successful games as backup pt guard and made Mason play point guard. After Mason had come into his own very well at SG including 4 sweet game winners. Only a dumb arse (read: you and Pop and the PopApologist Family) would pull suck losing b.s.

And did. :depressed

EricB
05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Answer the fucking question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obstructed_View
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry Fabbs, but I have to go with TPark on this one: You should at least suggest who should be the coach instead of Pop, whose mistakes have been well documented by far greater minds than yours on this board, particularly if you're going to start new threads with your worn out and unoriginal implications about Pop and Fin.

poop
05-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Answer the fucking question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

Fabbs
05-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Sorry Fabbs, but I have to go with TPark on this one: You should at least suggest who should be the coach instead of Pop, whose mistakes have been well documented by far greater minds than yours on this board, particularly if you're going to start new threads with your worn out and unoriginal implications about Pop and Fin.
Would you two gaybates like it in a picture frame?
I posted it.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Would you two gaybates like it in a picture frame?
I posted it.

So you're saying that you'd rather have TPark or Mr Swanson as the coach and you expect people to take you seriously? So you're basically a retard that knows how to start threads.

EricB
05-02-2009, 09:11 AM
He's basically a troll that thinks he's funny.

Fabbs
05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I;m still waiiting on Fabbs to answer the question of whos the best available coach he'd rather coach the team.....
Snickers bars everywhere, take warning.

Pat Riley.
Pat Riley.

P-a-t R-i-l-e-y.

Pat Riley.
Pat Riley.

and you.
and Mr. Swanson.

EricB
05-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Snickers bars everywhere, take warning.

Pat Riley.
Pat Riley.

P-a-t R-i-l-e-y.

Pat Riley.
Pat Riley.

and you.
and Mr. Swanson.

So pat Riley who couldn't win a playoff game the next year after a championship is your answer? Congrats for looking like a further fuckng idiot.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Obstructed_View to EricB

Coaches who would have repeated with Timmy Dunks and co:
Pat Riley
Aggie Hoops Fan
ducks
possibly Kori
Mr. Swanson the 7th grade basketball coach and p.e. instructor
lefty
raspa
Mr. Chug
Texas 2 Step
even you.

You should just sign out and never sign back in again. If you really think anyone in the NBA outside of maybe Phil Jackson is a better coach than Popovich, than you're suffering some serious brain damage. If it was not for Pop, who knows if Duncan would even fucking be here still.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh and fuck Pat Riley. That's just ridiculous. You should be ashamed for even thinking it.

1Parker1
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Stop blaming Pop. No one could have gotten this team any further with the talent/role players the Spurs had this season.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Pat Riley is team president of the Miami Heat. That means he's employed. That means he's not available. The question is: Who is available that is better? Also remember that firing Pop as coach probably means you lose him from the organization.

Fabbs
05-06-2009, 10:29 AM
So pat Riley who couldn't win a playoff game the next year after a championship is your answer? Congrats for looking like a further fuckng idiot.
Eric_Park you really are not comparing Rileys failure to win with the 2007 Heat roster and his own health problems to Poppeds 3 repeat failures are you?

This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Fabbs
05-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh and fuck Pat Riley. That's just ridiculous. You should be ashamed for even thinking it.
Oh no I'll continue to think about the Spurs title chances. With no shame.

You, continue wearing 'Popped brand leotards.