PDA

View Full Version : General Trades Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 04:35 PM
From 76ers perspective:

- Bender is probably better value than whatever they can get for Noel at this point, but it would make sense for them to re-route him for a guard.

I'm still waiting for Ainge to pull the trigger on a Nerlens/Smart trade.:wakeup

CGD
12-31-2016, 11:02 AM
It feels like the first chip that needs to fall is a decision on Cousins. If he is traded and Boston misses, then I think they'd be more open to hearing other offers.

DPG21920
01-01-2017, 06:05 PM

elemento
01-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Millsap is a good player but i dont wanna be the team paying him 30+m/year next season. Good fit in Toronto or Boston

CGD
01-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Needs to go to Toronto ASAP

dbestpro
01-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Hello? Is anybody there?

CGD
01-24-2017, 10:45 PM
The situation with Patty has me wondering whether sign and trades are palatable again under the new CBA? Anyone know?

Im afraid we're going to lose Patty for nothing. He's too important to trade this season, and he's due a huge paycheck this summer. Sure the Spurs have his bird rights but do they really want to commit big money while trying to develop Murray, develop Forbes, and pay Parker?

If, like under two CBAs ago it does, maybe the Spurs and Philly can help each other out via a Noel/Patty (and parts) swap.

CGD
01-25-2017, 10:20 AM
Also, what are the cap implications if the Spurs and Pau agree to essentially refinance his last year (a la Dick Jefferson)? E.g., Pau opts out, and immediately resigns a 3yr/30m deal starting at a low figure in year one to preserve max flexibility.

mo7888
01-25-2017, 01:56 PM
The situation with Patty has me wondering whether sign and trades are palatable again under the new CBA? Anyone know?

Im afraid we're going to lose Patty for nothing. He's too important to trade this season, and he's due a huge paycheck this summer. Sure the Spurs have his bird rights but do they really want to commit big money while trying to develop Murray, develop Forbes, and pay Parker?

If, like under two CBAs ago it does, maybe the Spurs and Philly can help each other out via a Noel/Patty (and parts) swap.

I don't think a S&T is going to happen with Mills. Most of the teams that will be after him will have significant cap room to sign him outright. My guess is that we lose him for nothing.

mo7888
01-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Also, what are the cap implications if the Spurs and Pau agree to essentially refinance his last year (a la Dick Jefferson)? E.g., Pau opts out, and immediately resigns a 3yr/30m deal starting at a low figure in year one to preserve max flexibility.

My guess is that something like that would be an option if we need additional space.

venitian navigator
01-26-2017, 11:19 AM
if we have to trade Mills to Phila it won't be for Noel but, in case, for Okafor...Noel is gonna get paid next year a la Mills (his rookie contract ends and he'll be a restricted free agent). Actually, a package of Simmons and Mills (or Kyle and Mills, but i like Kyle more than Simmons and think he has more potential) for Okafor makes sense probably for both, considering Phila has too many bigs and that we are probably gonna have a problem resigning Dedmon if he opts out next year.

DPG21920
02-06-2017, 05:21 PM

CGD
02-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Spurs should put feelers out for Kyle and/or the 29th. Would
Be good to pick up an asset for the future.

mo7888
02-08-2017, 10:43 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hakpuf2

All of the discussion abut trading Aldridge always results in us taking a step back. Here's one that keeps us competitive this year and keeps us from overpaying Patty this summer plus Love's contract is reasonable and locked in.. Alternatively if Cleveland wants Melo is could look something like this..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6qt85r

mo7888
02-08-2017, 10:44 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hakpuf2

All of the discussion abut trading Aldridge always results in us taking a step back. Here's one that keeps us competitive this year and keeps us from overpaying Patty this summer plus Love's contract is reasonable and locked in.. Alternatively if Cleveland wants Melo is could look something like this..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6qt85r

mo7888
02-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Maybe I'm bored this morning...Here's another that doesn't make us take a step back....and add our 1st plus a stashed prospect going to Chicago..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hkcuj4h

Chinook
02-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Trading for Love would be awful. LMA is better and bigger and not injured. It's definitely not worth giving up a prospect and taking back Shump on top of that.

I fully expect LMA to be a Spur for probably six more years. His size future-proofs him way more than most other bigs.

I'm not a fan of Butler trades, but that's not terrible value at least. The team would still need a combo-forward to bridge the gap between Green's and Lee's weaknesses.

mo7888
02-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Trading for Love would be awful. LMA is better and bigger and not injured. It's definitely not worth giving up a prospect and taking back Shump on top of that.

I fully expect LMA to be a Spur for probably six more years. His size future-proofs him way more than most other bigs.

I'm not a fan of Butler trades, but that's not terrible value at least. The team would still need a combo-forward to bridge the gap between Green's and Lee's weaknesses.

I don't expect a LMA trade, nor do I think we should trade him in the middle of a season. I just see all of these hypothetical trades that take huge steps back this season so, I thought I'd work up a couple that don't knock us so far down that we'd lose home court advantage in the 1st round. It's purely an exercise for the entertainment value on my part.

CGD
02-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Kyle for R. Holmes + swap Spurs 2017 first for philly's highest 2017 2nd (currently 34).

Get a cost controlled big prospect and insurance in case Dedmon and/or Lee leave. Give Kyle a chance to reboot his career on a new team.

Seventyniner
02-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Did you mean range/shooting? That's supposed to be one thing that doesn't deteriorate with age.

Chinook
02-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Did you mean range/shooting? That's supposed to be one thing that doesn't deteriorate with age.

Nah, I meant the fact that he can be a center for years after his agility goes away because of how big he is. Dude's not even undersized for a five.

Seventyniner
02-15-2017, 11:58 AM
Nah, I meant the fact that he can be a center for years after his agility goes away because of how big he is. Dude's not even undersized for a five.

I see your point. At worst he could be a very rich man's Bonner as he gets older, spacing the floor on offense and banging down low on defense.

Chinook
02-15-2017, 12:08 PM
I see your point. At worst he could be a very rich man's Bonner as he gets older, spacing the floor on offense and banging down low on defense.

Yeah, to me it's about his contract after next year. He signs a deal befitting a third-option and lets the Spurs bring in a guard to match with Kawhi, and he can be a Spur until he's 40. If he wants something close to $30 Million, he can find that somewhere else.

CGD
03-01-2017, 11:28 PM
If PHX calls you on trade night and says they're willing to move their 1st rounder for LMA do you do it?

The deal would be centered largely around the pick with PHX being able to absorb a good chuck of LMA's contract into space. As a collateral benefit the team opens up the capspace needed to retain Dedmon and possibly pick up other pieces.

Chinook
03-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Don't think there's any way the Suns trade that pick for LMA unless it falls to six or seven. And again, it would matter how the season ended. I'd rather give up a pick to move Pau than get back a pick for LMA if he plays well.

CGD
03-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Don't think there's any way the Suns trade that pick for LMA unless it falls to six or seven. And again, it would matter how the season ended. I'd rather give up a pick to move Pau than get back a pick for LMA if he plays well.

Agree that it all comes down to performance. But for the sake of argument, let's say LMA has an Mediocre playoffs. If you were going to explore his value and move him, isn't the time to move him some time between the draft and the start of the next season? He has a player option the following year.

PHX has an awfully young team. If they land in that 5-8 range moving that pick for an established veteran might make sense.

Jdspur20
03-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Just a thought: what would it cost trade wise for Brandon Ingram? He's young, has a lot of upside. He's in a terrible situation in LA.

CGD
03-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Just a thought: what would it cost trade wise for Brandon Ingram? He's young, has a lot of upside. He's in a terrible situation in LA.

Think the lakers need to figure out what they're gonna do about Randall first.

CGD
03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Btw, i think Tyrke Evans would be a nice fit here. He is that creative guard many of us here think is missing for the future. He's not even that old either.

I wonder if under the new CBA we see a return of the sign and trades given the changes to capholds. Sure we could work something out with Sacto.

Jdspur20
03-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Btw, i think Tyrke Evans would be a nice fit here. He is that creative guard many of us here think is missing for the future. He's not even that old either.

I wonder if under the new CBA we see a return of the sign and trades given the changes to capholds. Sure we could work something out with Sacto.

Evans would be a very nice pick up

SeanElliot'sLeftNut
03-22-2017, 12:52 AM
How about trade Eric Bledsoe for Lamarcus Aldridge. Not only does it work in the trade machine, but the suns have shown interest in Aldridge when he wa a free agent and when patty mills leaves we could transition Tony to the bench and start Bledsoe who is a major upgrade.

mo7888
03-22-2017, 09:28 AM
I think any trade with the Suns should center around one of their PF's (Chriss or Bender).

CGD
04-23-2017, 09:33 PM
If PHX says, this is the deal for the 2nd pick in the draft:

LMA, take back Knight's shitty deal + filler (Len or Dudley)

You do it?

Atl Spur
04-25-2017, 07:18 AM
I think the trade should be made with the Celtics. Trade LMA + Kyle Anderson for Jaylon brown + Avery Bradley + 2017 2 second round draft picks

Trade Danny Green to L.A Clippers for salary cap space + 2 second round draft picks

Sign Roberson from Oklahoma City Thunder (7 to 9 million per year )

Sign Blake Griffin

Bring Hanga over for that playmaking guard role off the bench

Sign Dedmon ( if reasonable )

starting line up: Murray, Bradley, Roberson, Leonard, Blake (True Death Line Up For The League)
Bench line up: Parker, Hanga, Brown, Bertans, Pau

mo7888
04-26-2017, 09:47 AM
If PHX says, this is the deal for the 2nd pick in the draft:

LMA, take back Knight's shitty deal + filler (Len or Dudley)

You do it?

I doubt Phx would offer #2 in a LMA trade. If they did I would take it. I still think the best we could do would be Bender and a contract for LMA though.

CGD
04-26-2017, 08:21 PM
I doubt Phx would offer #2 in a LMA trade. If they did I would take it. I still think the best we could do would be Bender and a contract for LMA though.

Yeah, it's probably not in play if Ball and Fultz are available, but maybe at 3? That Knight contract is absolutely terrible so getting off that + getting LMA?

Doesn't seem like a bad deal for PHX

mo7888
04-27-2017, 01:48 PM
Yeah, it's probably not in play if Ball and Fultz are available, but maybe at 3? That Knight contract is absolutely terrible so getting off that + getting LMA?

Doesn't seem like a bad deal for PHX

My guess is that they go Josh Jackson at 3. If their pick is lower than 3 then it could be interesting. Either way, the natural trade partners I see for us on a LMA trade are Phx, Bos, and maybe an outside chance with Orl.

bluebellmaniac
04-28-2017, 06:38 AM
We are not trading LMA.

BackHome
04-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Players we should keep:
1. Mills -I love his passion and he always steps up in big games.
2. Lee -Loved the signing his passion and his basketball smarts add so much to team ball concept

Player on bubble:
1.Deadmon - He is hit or miss on to many games - Though it has always been tough for first year players
2. Simmons - The same but I think he will get paid and I think Hanga is a better fit for us.
3. Pau - Not sure if he resigns but he is like Deadmon hit or miss.
4 Manu - Love Him and Hate him..lol..........But for right deal would keep him another year.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 08:40 PM
We are not trading LMA.
http://orig04.deviantart.net/a99e/f/2011/066/1/e/buttfuck_tourettes_guy_by_tailsthefoxfan98-d3b54td.jpg

dbestpro
05-06-2017, 11:11 AM
One has to wonder if Parker might retire. He will be 35 and coming off a substantial injury.

sasaint
05-06-2017, 12:42 PM
I think the trade should be made with the Celtics. Trade LMA + Kyle Anderson for Jaylon brown + Avery Bradley + 2017 2 second round draft picks

Trade Danny Green to L.A Clippers for salary cap space + 2 second round draft picks

Sign Roberson from Oklahoma City Thunder (7 to 9 million per year )

Sign Blake Griffin

Bring Hanga over for that playmaking guard role off the bench

Sign Dedmon ( if reasonable )

starting line up: Murray, Bradley, Roberson, Leonard, Blake (True Death Line Up For The League)
Bench line up: Parker, Hanga, Brown, Bertans, Pau

I am pretty sure that tight-fisted Danny Ainge will not allow the Spurs to rob him as you suggest. But if we could get away with it - I am all in!

sasaint
05-06-2017, 12:46 PM
One has to wonder if Parker might retire. He will be 35 and coming off a substantial injury.

Pretty confident that Tony will not retire and lose $15MM. But there is a provision that will provide the Spurs with some cap relief for his loss.

bluebellmaniac
05-06-2017, 01:17 PM
With an injury like his, it is quite possible he retires and gets paid. He simply says he is retiring, but doesn't fill out the paperwork. The team would just waive him at that point. There would not be any hard feelings. The team would continue with his rehab.

Pretty confident that Tony will not retire and lose $15MM. But there is a provision that will provide the Spurs with some cap relief for his loss.

Chinook
05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
With an injury like his, it is quite possible he retires and gets paid. He simply says he is retiring, but doesn't fill out the paperwork. The team would just waive him at that point. There would not be any hard feelings. The team would continue with his rehab.

I'm feel like the Spurs wouldn't be fond of that.

bluebellmaniac
05-06-2017, 09:52 PM
What would be the difference if he ends up just rehabbing all next year? I'm not saying he will, just that if it ends up looking like he will, it would be the same difference. They could trade his contract regardless.

What are your thoughts Chinook?

I'm feel like the Spurs wouldn't be fond of that.

mo7888
05-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Any thoughts on trading for porzingus since NY apparently listened to trade calls about him after he skipped the post season meeting up there?

bluebellmaniac
05-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Fathead for Zingus, straight up. Maybe ask for a 2nd rounder to be thrown in.

Any thoughts on trading for porzingus since NY apparently listened to trade calls about him after he skipped the post season meeting up there?

Nathan89
05-08-2017, 03:19 PM
LMA for Jordan Clarkson or Eric Bledsoe. Trading LMA is the only way to get a pg. I'd love to have 3 years of that cheap Clarkson contract. We'd be able to let Mills go as well.

BackHome
05-08-2017, 04:46 PM
People who should be considerd to be traded or let go
1. LMA - To soft not consistent only going to get worse
2. Simmons - not a fit for us will get bigger offers
3 Green - his defense is good not great and he still can't dribble the ball or hit an outside shot two games in a row.
4. Manu - My favorite player but he is done.

SAGirl
05-08-2017, 11:19 PM
I wasn't on the Simmons wagon let me be up front.. but if he's not extremely expensive in the offseason, I'd like for the Spurs to keep him. He has stepped up in the postseason with some opportunities, and that was not a given. I like him even more than Mills to keep bc Mills is always a defensive liability, every time he's out there and I think shooters are easier to find than playmakers and simmons has improved. I wanted the Spurs to go for a real improvement in FA.. but I am skeptical about them doing that and if they will stand pat, and have to choose, I do prefer Simmons to Mills, specially a Mills that will play without Manu next season and with Tony injured.

Time to turn a leaf.

BackHome
05-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Man I would hate to loose Mills he does so much on the court and off the court for the Spurs he is one of those glue players that every team needs. As far as Simmons if he wants the money someone will give it to him but if he wants to last/stay in the NBA he will stay with the team that believed in him.

Chinook
05-20-2017, 06:10 PM
So what about LMA for MKG, Kaminsky and 11? With Kemba, Batum and Williams on long-term deals, I could see Jordan wanting to make a move to solidify his team as a solid playoff contender. They'd be just a wing short of an interesting lineup with the MLE available to try to acquire that player. The Spurs would do something I don't want them to and move a core guy for non-core pieces. MKG is a best just worth his contract if he can figure out his shot. If he can, he can have a Marvin Williams-like career as a small-ball four. Kaminsky is salary ballast. I think Charlotte would prefer to keep him, but it's not easy for them to come up with the contracts to get LMA, and the value is already shaky without him. For the Spurs, getting Frank would mitigate the need to use 11 to replace LMA.

Murray
Green
Leonard
Kidd-Gilchrist
Gasol

I'd definitely want to move Pau in this scenario and bring in a scoring big with better mobility. That D from 1-4 would be very interesting, though. At 11, they'd have some interesting choices like Ntilikina, Collins, Anunoby and Justin Jackson. Or they can stay lose to home, draft Jarrett Allen and hope that he becomes a great player with that crazy length.

I would probably prefer Collins, since that's my boy. But this seems like a deal where Charlotte could justify giving up those pieces, and the Spurs could still get better, especially if they dump Pau and use that cap space on a finishing player or two.

apalisoc_9
05-20-2017, 07:38 PM
So what about LMA for MKG, Kaminsky and 11? With Kemba, Batum and Williams on long-term deals, I could see Jordan wanting to make a move to solidify his team as a solid playoff contender. They'd be just a wing short of an interesting lineup with the MLE available to try to acquire that player. The Spurs would do something I don't want them to and move a core guy for non-core pieces. MKG is a best just worth his contract if he can figure out his shot. If he can, he can have a Marvin Williams-like career as a small-ball four. Kaminsky is salary ballast. I think Charlotte would prefer to keep him, but it's not easy for them to come up with the contracts to get LMA, and the value is already shaky without him. For the Spurs, getting Frank would mitigate the need to use 11 to replace LMA.

Murray
Green
Leonard
Kidd-Gilchrist
Gasol

I'd definitely want to move Pau in this scenario and bring in a scoring big with better mobility. That D from 1-4 would be very interesting, though. At 11, they'd have some interesting choices like Ntilikina, Collins, Anunoby and Justin Jackson. Or they can stay lose to home, draft Jarrett Allen and hope that he becomes a great player with that crazy length.

I would probably prefer Collins, since that's my boy. But this seems like a deal where Charlotte could justify giving up those pieces, and the Spurs could still get better, especially if they dump Pau and use that cap space on a finishing player or two.

At this point, even Kyle Anderson is better than MKG.

I think the organization is going to be fired for next year. They obviously feel like they had a chance this year contrary to other people's opinion.

I don't doubt that PATFO won't hesistate in making moves. I think pop might legit think he has the best player in the world.

Chinook
05-20-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't think MKG is a bad player. He's a horrible perimeter scorer, though. He's a fine, versatile defender who rebounds really well. MaNu4Tres was talking about starting three wings, and that's one of the guys who could play the four at both ends while being able to switch all over the D. But without being able to shoot, it really limits what the offense can do, and part of going small is that you're supposed to have better spacing. It would be hard to score with my proposed lineup without some great free-agent additions.

CGD
05-20-2017, 09:31 PM

Murray
Green
Leonard
Kidd-Gilchrist
Gasol

Not terrible value actually.

I'd also check in with the Knicks at #8. Take back Lee's contract and OQuinn.

MaNu4Tres
05-21-2017, 12:08 AM
I don't think MKG is a bad player. He's a horrible perimeter scorer, though. He's a fine, versatile defender who rebounds really well. MaNu4Tres was talking about starting three wings, and that's one of the guys who could play the four at both ends while being able to switch all over the D. But without being able to shoot, it really limits what the offense can do, and part of going small is that you're supposed to have better spacing. It would be hard to score with my proposed lineup without some great free-agent additions.

I see youre giving in to my notion from earlier?

I think its the best philosophy to implement with a Kawhi led team and it prepares us for the teams that matter most....1- C, 3 wings ( w/ size), 1 PG. The sooner, the better imo.

objective
05-21-2017, 12:23 AM
I've put it in other threads, but:

Dump Gasol on Minnesota, hopefully without giving up a pick, but if not, so be it.

Dump Anderson on a team.

Stretch Parker.

Sign one of Paul, Holliday, Hill, Lowry in that order, hopefully have enough room to keep Dedmon if said guard takes a start around $25m.

Use room exception on Hanga. Fill out rest of the roster with minimum guys like Beno, Splitter, Kris Humphries, etc

Really it's the only way to give Kawhi a chance during the rest of his prime where he'll have to deal with GS.

Paul/Holiday/Hill-Murray-3rd stringer
Green-Simmons-Forbes
Kawhi-Hanga
Aldridge-Bertans-Lee's busted knee
Dedmon-Milutinov/Splitter-first rounder/Humphries/etc

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 01:36 AM

I'd probably try to see if I can get Stanley Johnson before I give charlotte a call. MKG is just way too limited offensively and With Parker possibly out for the whole season next year ( at best he comes back in January), our offense is going to take a huge hit offensivley.

That said, MKG is one of the best defensive wings in the league. He's a stud defensively, I just don't see how it's going to work.

If we're trotting out a lineup of

Murray/Mills
Green
Leonard
MKG
Center

Leonard is going to have to shoulder the offense all by himself. I guess it could work if he's willing to hand MKG the defensive responsibility that he has now.but we know he's not going to agree.

I suppose it could work if we could add a Playmaking center that isn't Gasol. Anyone in the draft that fits the bill?

tbdog
05-21-2017, 01:51 AM
It will be interesting which way to go. Do the Spurs load up on defennders and rely on Leonard offensively, or do we find someone to take the load off offensively? The second option usually costs the most.

SAGirl
05-21-2017, 02:34 AM
I don't think MKG is a bad player. He's a horrible perimeter scorer, though. He's a fine, versatile defender who rebounds really well. MaNu4Tres (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5714) was talking about starting three wings, and that's one of the guys who could play the four at both ends while being able to switch all over the D. But without being able to shoot, it really limits what the offense can do, and part of going small is that you're supposed to have better spacing. It would be hard to score with my proposed lineup without some great free-agent additions.
I don't think you can get away with the proposed lineup. Watch Pop start Kaminski instead.

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 03:30 AM
I hate chinook. I rewatched a couple of MKG games this season..

Guy is a flat out stud on Defense...the great thing about his defense is that he's stronger than most 4s in the league. He's one of the rare SF's in that league that is 6'7 and at least 240.

Stanley Johnson in comparison ( i have no life) struggles in high pick and roll situations and isn't as good as a help defender.

Really sad about his offense, but rewatching 65 minutes of MKG again reminds me how he's easily a top 4 defensive wing in league. Might be the 2nd best.

He's offball defense is pretty darn impressive. Almost never needs swtiching to contest shots.

Such a shame he's this bad offensively..otherwise, that's a trade I would make in a hearbeat.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-21-2017, 03:33 AM
So what about LMA for MKG, Kaminsky and 11?

While this looks a fairly realistic trade, I don't see Pop rolling with such a line-up. Where does offense come from? The points/possessions used by Aldridge and Parker would have to be replaced by what? Murray driving and MKG doing... something? It would decrease the offensive ceiling badly and increase the defensive potential only slightly, as they'd still have a 1-5 PnR hole and unexisting interior defense. The Spurs would hardly be able to hang with either the Warriors, Rockets or Cavs even if they play great perimeter defense.

Chinook
05-21-2017, 05:42 AM
I see youre giving in to my notion from earlier?

I think its the best philosophy to implement with a Kawhi led team and it prepares us for the teams that matter most....1- C, 3 wings ( w/ size), 1 PG. The sooner, the better imo.

It's about having a legit guy at the four. MKG is one of the few guys I think can be a four up and down the floor every night while still having the body type I'd consider belonging to a wing. I've never been against having a combo-forward at the four. If you remember my initial plan was for the team to sign a guy like Terrence Jones to play at PF this year.

A team like Memphis would still pose a serious threat to SA in this scenario, though their usual starting lineup with JaMychal would actually be a fine match-up. The hope here is that MKG could keep up the D and boarding in a similar way to how they are with two bigs. In that same way, if Josh Jackson is somehow available with a Spurs' pick (like fourth-overall in a LMA trade with Phoenix), he'd be another interesting option, especially given his two-way potential.

Chinook
05-21-2017, 05:56 AM
While this looks a fairly realistic trade, I don't see Pop rolling with such a line-up. Where does offense come from? The points/possessions used by Aldridge and Parker would have to be replaced by what? Murray driving and MKG doing... something? It would decrease the offensive ceiling badly and increase the defensive potential only slightly, as they'd still have a 1-5 PnR hole and unexisting interior defense. The Spurs would hardly be able to hang with either the Warriors, Rockets or Cavs even if they play great perimeter defense.

Well the roster is not complete in this scenario. This trade saves the team something around $3 Million, and doing anything with Parker and Gasol only increases the cap space they'd have to work with. You can make this deal and then sign a PG who can score better than Murray. And you can use your picks on guys who can score like John Collins and Josh Hart.

Hill, Murray, Parker, Second-rounder
Green, Simmons, Josh Hart,
Leonard, Anderson, Adam Hanga
MKG, Bertans, Collins
Room-exception big, Kaminsky , FA/Milutinov, two-way contract

Who could you get for the room exception? Maybe Motejunas? He's a good player if healthy, and his market is probably not very hoppin' right now.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Well the roster is not complete in this scenario. This trade saves the team something around $3 Million, and doing anything with Parker and Gasol only increases the cap space they'd have to work with. You can make this deal and then sign a PG who can score better than Murray. And you can use your picks on guys who can score like John Collins and Josh Hart.

MKG, Bertans, Collins

Who could you get for the room exception? Maybe Motejunas? He's a good player if healthy, and his market is probably not very hoppin' right now.

Honestly, I don't like this team at all. It's worse than the current team and it doesn't have a better long term ceiling either imo. They'd be losing 5 of their top 6 scorers ( with Parker potentially out/not fit enough for the season), very difficult to become better with such a significant roster turnover. Would prefer the 2018 cap space over potentially owing $20+ mil to Hill, especially with the supposed high potential of Murray. If they could somehow get rid of Pau's contract and free up some additional cap space I'd much rather them go after someone like Millsap with a 4/80-90 offer than after a PG. Unlikely they could pull it off, obviously.

I agree about Motiejunas for the bi-annual or room exception if they can get his head right.

palangi
05-21-2017, 01:10 PM
It's time for some turnover and youth. Let gasol walk. Trade LMA. Trade KA. Trade Danny Green. Bring Hanga and Milutinov over.
Trade LMA and KA to Orlando for the the 6th pick, Jeff green, and Hezonja. Orlando still has the 25th, 33, and 35 picks. I also believe they are going to try and trade vucivic for a pick too. LMA could be a much better player in the East. If we need to give some euro assets up then do it. Jeff green helps us at the 4 spot. And Hezonja could flourish in our system.

Trade Danny Green to the Brooklyn nets for their 22nd pick. It's time to move on from him. But he might be a good asset for the nets.

6th pick take Jonathan Isaac. A 6'10" SF/PF. Has a good shot and is athletic. Can spend his first year learning and developing behind Kahwi and Jeff Green. Also to add strength.

22nd pick take Jonathan Jeanne. A 7'2" center with a 7'6" wingspan. We missed out on Gobert. This kid is similar, but with a better offensive game. Gobert was the same size coming into the league. A ruin protector with athleticism.

29th pick Hamadou Diallo. An athletic 6'5" SG that has a good shot as well. Can develop between the Spurs and Toros. Eventually taking over the 2 spot.

With our second rounder take Alpha Kaba. A PF/C with a huge wingspan. Can also stretch out and hit the 3. Can spend another year in Europe or come to the Toros.

I could see a vet PG being brought in until parker gets healthy.

Roster

PG- Murray, Forbes, Hanlan, Parker
SG- Simmons, Hanga, Diallo
SF- Leonard, Herzonja, Isaac
PF- Green, Bertans, LJC
C- Dedmon, Milutinov, Jeanne

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 01:21 PM

MKG, Bertans, Collins

That is a pretty bad team, chinook.

raybies
05-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Didn't want to say anything but I agree.

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Someone Mentioned Millsap, if the spurs are looking to get rid of aldridge...they need talented players to make up for that talent deficiency.

You need at least a couple of all-nba caliber players to ever have a shot at the championship. Hill isn't one....and getting rid of Aldridge without an All-NBA player in return is disastrous.

BackHome
05-21-2017, 01:43 PM
It's time for some turnover and youth. Let gasol walk. Trade LMA. Trade KA. Trade Danny Green. Bring Hanga and Milutinov over.
Trade LMA and KA to Orlando for the the 6th pick, Jeff green, and Hezonja. Orlando still has the 25th, 33, and 35 picks. I also believe they are going to try and trade vucivic for a pick too. LMA could be a much better player in the East. If we need to give some euro assets up then do it. Jeff green helps us at the 4 spot. And Hezonja could flourish in our system.

Trade Danny Green to the Brooklyn nets for their 22nd pick. It's time to move on from him. But he might be a good asset for the nets.

6th pick take Jonathan Isaac. A 6'10" SF/PF. Has a good shot and is athletic. Can spend his first year learning and developing behind Kahwi and Jeff Green. Also to add strength.

22nd pick take Jonathan Jeanne. A 7'2" center with a 7'6" wingspan. We missed out on Gobert. This kid is similar, but with a better offensive game. Gobert was the same size coming into the league. A ruin protector with athleticism.

29th pick Hamadou Diallo. An athletic 6'5" SG that has a good shot as well. Can develop between the Spurs and Toros. Eventually taking over the 2 spot.

With our second rounder take Alpha Kaba. A PF/C with a huge wingspan. Can also stretch out and hit the 3. Can spend another year in Europe or come to the Toros.

Roster

PF- Green, Bertans, LJC

I like that team but take out Forbes he is scub

palangi
05-21-2017, 02:00 PM
I like that team but take out Forbes he is scub

I'm hoping Forbes develops with a more prominant role. But his shooting is as good as mills.

palangi
05-21-2017, 02:01 PM

Roster

PF- Green, Bertans, LJC

I also could see Herzonja stay at the SG spot because of his shooting. Having Simmons come off the bench and Hanga backing up Leonard.

Chinook
05-21-2017, 02:44 PM

You're not going to get a good team after being under the cap for three years. And we all know that they'll win 50 games with that roster.

I struggle to see how replacing LMA with Millsap is better, especially considering the price difference.

apalisoc_9
05-21-2017, 02:49 PM
You're not going to get a good team after being under the cap for three years. And we all know that they'll win 50 games with that roster.

I struggle to see how replacing LMA with Millsap is better, especially considering the price difference.

Not really advocating replacing LMA with an older and shorter Millsap. Just saying, team needs another All-NBA player if they want to have a chance.

Chinook
05-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Not really advocating replacing LMA with an older and shorter Millsap. Just saying, team needs another All-NBA player if they want to have a chance.

And I'd love for them to get one rather than Hill. Not really feasible, though unless Paul wants to give up even more money.

raybies
05-21-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm over the trading Aldridge talk already. It was short lived for me really cause look who we are with Leonard and who we are without him. Lebrons team would get swept too without him. tbh. We are too close to blow it up. I think Pop looks at game 1...

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-21-2017, 03:20 PM
I'm over the trading Aldridge talk already. It was short lived for me really cause look who we are with Leonard and who we are without him. Lebrons team would get swept too without him. tbh. We are too close to blow it up. I think Pop looks at game 1...

Absolutely. You don't just blow a top 3 team up. They'll do some retooling with a view to 2018 but nothing as drastic as has been recently suggested based on the emotions from this anticlimatic WCF. Just being there with a chance to win is no small feat.

Who knows what might happen next season? Perhaps Curry's ankle shatters, perhaps LeBron forgets to find the playoffs switch. Perhaps contract year Aldridge cares enough to show up in shape. Perhaps Kawhi's transformation into LeBron would be complete. This is a very good team with a few moves in them and a couple of possible internal improvements.

palangi
05-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Absolutely. You don't just blow a top 3 team up. They'll do some retooling with a view to 2018 but nothing as drastic as has been recently suggested based on the emotions from this anticlimatic WCF. Just being there with a chance to win is no small feat.

Who knows what might happen next season? Perhaps Curry's ankle shatters, perhaps LeBron forgets to find the playoffs switch. Perhaps contract year Aldridge cares enough to show up in shape. Perhaps Kawhi's transformation into LeBron would be complete. This is a very good team with a few moves in them and a couple of possible internal improvements.

Being an upper level team doesn't mean you're good enough to win it all. We are a 50 won team that is far or from winning a championship.

mo7888
05-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Since we are being hypothetical and trying to thread the needle between giving kawhi a legitimate shot next year and adding young upper level talent to grown with him let me throw one out there. Would Phoenix be interested in pay (and his shorter contract), plus Kyle and a future 1st for Chandler and Bender?

TD 21
05-21-2017, 07:18 PM

Murray
Green
Leonard
Kidd-Gilchrist
Gasol

Considering their bigs situation, lack of star power and inability to attract them, I could definitely see the Hornets having interest in Aldridge, but I couldn't see them giving that up. They've generally been decent with Kidd-Gilchrist and bad without him and supposedly turned down 4 1sts from the Celtics (who wanted Winslow) for the pick that became Kaminsky, who started to play better in the second half of the season.

I could see them offering Williams, 11 and the Spurs' choice of Sessions (team option which could be declined for further savings) or Lamb, but I couldn't see the Spurs doing that.

Unfortunately, I don't think Aldridge has great trade value and I'm skeptical that the Spurs would want to to wait on a young, raw player, who they'd just be hoping could eventually reach his level anyway.

CGD
05-21-2017, 10:08 PM
Since we are being hypothetical and trying to thread the needle between giving kawhi a legitimate shot next year and adding young upper level talent to grown with him let me throw one out there. Would Phoenix be interested in pay (and his shorter contract), plus Kyle and a future 1st for Chandler and Bender?

I think LMA for Bender (or Chriss), Dudley's contract and #32 & #54 would be a fair deal. Phx keeps 4, and gets to pair Chandler and LMA together like they originally wanted. Spurs can do a separate Kyle deal.

Assuming Mills, Simmons, and Manu move on, treat next season as a mini-rebuild and run with:

Murray/post injury Tony/pick like Hart
Green/Hanga
Leonard/Dudley
Bender/Bertans/Lee
Pau/Dedmon/Mulitinov

Move Pau and possibly Green for assets at the trade deadline depending on how the season unfolds.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-22-2017, 03:44 AM

I don't think replacing LMA with Millsap would move the needle, but there's a slight possibility the Spurs could open about $20 mil for a somewhat competitive Millsap offer in case Gasol opts out or is salary dumped and Patty renounced.

dbestpro
05-22-2017, 07:43 AM
Most likely to move on would be Green and Mills. Manu and Parker will be back and retire together after next year. Gasol will pick up his option so no movement there. Spurs are going to need to find a scorer from the wing to take some of the load off of Leonard.

mo7888
05-22-2017, 09:41 AM
I think LMA for Bender (or Chriss), Dudley's contract and #32 & #54 would be a fair deal. Phx keeps 4, and gets to pair Chandler and LMA together like they originally wanted. Spurs can do a separate Kyle deal.

Assuming Mills, Simmons, and Manu move on, treat next season as a mini-rebuild and run with:

Murray/post injury Tony/pick like Hart
Green/Hanga
Leonard/Dudley
Bender/Bertans/Lee
Pau/Dedmon/Mulitinov

Move Pau and possibly Green for assets at the trade deadline depending on how the season unfolds.

I agree that is a fair deal. I was just looking for something that doesn't punt on next season. We've all looked at trade ideas that are a rebuild but, I was trying to guage Pau's value to Phoenix in a deal that would try and leave us in contention and look to the future.

CGD
05-22-2017, 07:42 PM
I agree that is a fair deal. I was just looking for something that doesn't punt on next season. We've all looked at trade ideas that are a rebuild but, I was trying to guage Pau's value to Phoenix in a deal that would try and leave us in contention and look to the future.

I'm ok with a retool year. I'm just not convinced that this roster would be worse than 5th in the West, and as constructed it's not really challenging Golden State sadly.

I'm just annoyed that we haven't had a crack at Golden State at full strength. I'm convinced that in 2015 we could have taken them in the conference finals, and this year we make it interesting before losing. Oh well.

mo7888
05-22-2017, 09:20 PM
I'm ok with a retool year. I'm just not convinced that this roster would be worse than 5th in the West, and as constructed it's not really challenging Golden State sadly.

I'm just annoyed that we haven't had a crack at Golden State at full strength. I'm convinced that in 2015 we could have taken them in the conference finals, and this year we make it interesting before losing. Oh well.

I actually liked our chances against gs this year if we were healthy...sucks that we weren't...personally, I'm good with a rebuild too. I was just trying to look at it from a different point of view since we've gone over so many rebuilding scenarios..

keithington1
05-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Aldridge can get us a nice pick or two to rebuild on the fly

venitian navigator
05-26-2017, 04:13 AM
in vase we decide to sell Lma, checking the other tea's resourses, I think one trade partner could be Denver.
They have the assets and are full of draft choices...they just need all stars and they are up to re-sign the only one (apart Jokic) that looks a bit like that in Gallinari. They are full of young play makers (Mudiay, Murray) and guards (Harris, Beasley) Plus they have tons of forwards or power forwards, they have to get rid of.
Imho a package of LMA for Chandler, Arthur and n° 13 could work for both sides.

tbdog
05-26-2017, 12:10 PM
in vase we decide to sell Lma, checking the other tea's resourses, I think one trade partner could be Denver.
They have the assets and are full of draft choices...they just need all stars and they are up to re-sign the only one (apart Jokic) that looks a bit like that in Gallinari. They are full of young play makers (Mudiay, Murray) and guards (Harris, Beasley) Plus they have tons of forwards or power forwards, they have to get rid of.
Imho a package of LMA for Chandler, Arthur and n° 13 could work for both sides.

Our D would be insane. We need scorers and still need a pg.

buttsR4rebounding
06-01-2017, 10:46 AM
IMO a key to off season moves and the draft is how the Spurs feel about Simmons vs. Danny Green. To me Green is a similar caliber player to George Hill before he was traded to Indiana. Like Hill, he will likely get a significant pay raise after next season. If the Spurs believe playoff Simmons is the real deal then trading Danny Green could be advantageous. Word is Detroit is looking to move their 12th pick for a veteran. Green seems like just the type of player that Van Gundy covets. The Spurs could use that pick to use to draft either draft a rim protector or a shooting guard like Kennard, then use the 29th pick for someone like Bell from Oregon. I would really like them to move Pau, but I don't see it happening. So you end up with something like this:

Murray/Post Op Tony/Vet Pick-up/Ginobili/Forbes
Simmons/Ginobili/Draft Pick/Forbes
KL/Hanga
Aldridge/Bertans/Draft Pick
Pau/Multinov/Lee/

CGD
06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Wonder what our moveable guys would fetch in this draft in terms of just picks. This seem right?

LMA - pick in 5-10 range
Danny - pick in 16-20 range
Kyle - pick in 26-32 range
Murray - pick in 10-15 range
Bertans - pick in 26-32 range
Multinov- late second right now
Hanga - mid second given euro DPOY

We'd have to give up picks to dump Tony or Gasol so not including. Spurs also have limited control, at best, over the others so I excluded.

venitian navigator
06-03-2017, 05:54 AM
I don't think we should give up picks to trade Gasol...actually he comes from a very good season statistically and for sure in regular season he has shown he can still be a force, expecially with his new 3 point shooting weapon.
The fact is that there are many teams loooking for a big man with his skills and don't forget that he is in his final contract year.
imho he is still valuable on the market, in case he opts in...and in case he opts before the draft, he could be a good trading piece for having back something valuable.
Teams like Boston, for example, really need this kind of player...alone considering their main problems (rebounding).
For example a trade of their second round draft choice (n° 37) plus one of Smart, Rozier, Thomas, Crowder, Brown, Bradley...considering they're gonna be over crowded in the back court with the amount of minutes a guy like Fultz in gonna play, could be beneficial for both teams.

Play Boban
06-04-2017, 09:53 AM
Wonder what our moveable guys would fetch in this draft in terms of just picks. This seem right?

LMA - pick in 5-10 range
Danny - pick in 16-20 range
Kyle - pick in 26-32 range
Murray - pick in 10-15 range
Bertans - pick in 26-32 range
Multinov- late second right now
Hanga - mid second given euro DPOY

We'd have to give up picks to dump Tony or Gasol so not including. Spurs also have limited control, at best, over the others so I excluded.

Hanga. :lol

Chinook
06-06-2017, 04:19 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya5e6p9q

LMA (and maybe a first or two) for Noah and KP

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd6mctnm

LMA and Green (and maybe a first or two) for Noah, Lee and KP

Both trades involve the team essentially taking back possible bad contracts from the Knicks to try to get Kristaps. I'm not all that high on Porzingas, honestly, and I'd probably prefer the eighth pick. But how Phil values those assets is up in the air. The second trade would be hard to swallow, but if the team believes in either KP or the pick, they could do it AND add a first or two.

Knicks completely change course and build around Anthony, having some cap space and the pick to bring in another player. While I don't think this would actually be a smart move for the Knicks to make, I could see them doing so in a ill-conceived notion to "compete now"

CGD
06-06-2017, 07:49 PM

Both trades involve the team essentially taking back possible bad contracts from the Knicks to try to get Kristaps. I'm not all that high on Porzingas, honestly, and I'd probably prefer the eighth pick. But how Phil values those assets is up in the air. The second trade would be hard to swallow, but if the team believes in either KP or the pick, they could do it AND add a first or two.

Knicks completely change course and build around Anthony, having some cap space and the pick to bring in another player. While I don't think this would actually be a smart move for the Knicks to make, I could see them doing so in a ill-conceived notion to "compete now"

I don't think the first version of the trade is that ridiculous. I'm not sold on the idea of using the oodles of capspace in 2018 on a player from among an underwhelming crop of free agents. Why not spent it on a combined 23M of Noah/KP salary instead while KP is in his cheap years?

If you're conceding a rebuild year, Id rather use Green to get better value than Lee. Something like Green to ATL for 19 and Dunlevey's essentially expiring contract.

mo7888
06-06-2017, 08:06 PM

I'd be all over that 1st proposed trade..

CGD
06-06-2017, 08:15 PM
What about LMA to Lakers for Clarkson, Nance, filler, and 28th? Lakers absorb the balance into capspace. Too rich an ask?

Read somewhere Lakers are trying to gauge interest for Clarkson.

Chinook
06-06-2017, 08:43 PM
What about LMA to Lakers for Clarkson, Nance, filler, and 28th? Lakers absorb the balance into capspace. Too rich an ask?

Read somewhere Lakers are trying to gauge interest for Clarkson.

They'd have to swap out Nance for Randle. The Spurs need something decent in return for LMA, and Julius isn't supposed to be in the long-term plans anyway.

Nathan89
06-07-2017, 04:07 PM
I'd do either of those Lakers deals. Benefit of Nance is he has an extra cheap year which will better allow us to go after a max contract player next year and continue to fill out the roster.

CGD
06-07-2017, 08:44 PM
You enter free agency with:

Murray/TP corpse
Green/Clarkson
Leonard/Hanga
Bertans/Kyle
Gasol/Nance/Mulitinov

Hopefully you get a decent project big like AP or Wilson. Then you can think about moving Green/Gasol/small asset in free agency for other peices.

palangi
06-07-2017, 09:51 PM
You enter free agency with:

Murray/TP corpse
Green/Clarkson
Leonard/Hanga
Bertans/Kyle
Gasol/Nance/Mulitinov

Hopefully you get a decent project big like AP or Wilson. Then you can think about moving Green/Gasol/small asset in free agency for other peices.

Nance as a center? Really?

CGD
06-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Nance as a center? Really?

Ha! That'd be tough at 6'9". Thought he was taller for some reason.

Atl Spur
06-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Draymond play pf so Nance and center in todays NBA may be doable.

Atl Spur
06-08-2017, 12:05 AM
I think we should find a way to get Tyreke Evans on this roster at a reasonable price I hope.

szkorhetz
06-08-2017, 03:36 AM
I actually think Lakers would trade for LMA. IF they draft Ball, they will have a ton of guys at guards, and LMA could still have a decent production for them.

BackHome
06-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I actually think Lakers would trade for LMA. IF they draft Ball, they will have a ton of guys at guards, and LMA could still have a decent production for them.

I agree I think the Flakers are tired of loosing they itching to get back into the dance. My only issues with trading LMA is that we get good value back for our team so what ever trade needs to give us a very good PF who can score and play defense or a stud for SG.

buttsR4rebounding
06-12-2017, 11:19 AM

That would be ironic that LMA would finally become Kobe's Pau while Pau would replace him in the Spurs' pecking order...

MultiTroll
06-13-2017, 08:45 PM

I would do either trade immediately. Except not two #1 picks. Even with being stuck with Noah.
Can't see how the Knicks would even consider "building" around Marshmello. Phil wants him so gone.

RiverwalkParade
06-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Could Danny for 2 Orlando 2nd Rounders work? 29, 33, 35, 59 and resign Simmons sounds like a plan to me.

Chinook
06-14-2017, 02:54 PM
Could Danny for 2 Orlando 2nd Rounders work? 29, 33, 35, 59 and resign Simmons sounds like a plan to me.

I mean, if the Spurs wanted to be a worse team, sure. It would better to pay to move Parker/Pau than trade Danny for a small return.

palangi
06-14-2017, 06:49 PM
I mean, if the Spurs wanted to be a worse team, sure. It would better to pay to move Parker/Pau than trade Danny for a small return.

Oh my God!

Chinook
06-14-2017, 08:17 PM
^ Someone just came

palangi
06-14-2017, 11:23 PM
You guys leave his Danny Green alone. Bunch of meanies.

RiverwalkParade
06-15-2017, 09:29 AM
Can't see the need for Danny anymore. If we can get assets in return that we could sign for cheap or stash, plus free up money to resign Simmons while bringing Hanga over, then the 2 is secure. IMO two 2nds gives us more flexibility for the long term. Why wait on Danny? He is regressing and will not be cheap to resign. Don't see him in long term plans.

Chinook
06-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Green will be cheaper than Simmons, likely. Again, people are taking a small sample size from a situation where Simmons had his best opportunity to make an impact and trying to put that over years of Green's game. Even so, Danny still had better impact stats in the playoffs.

It doesn't make any sense to go, "Danny's going to be 30 and regressing, gotta get out of his deal. Simmons (and Hanga) is turning 28 and on the upswing, better pay whatever we need to."

What makes even less sense is to move Green to grab Paul with the thought that Simmons will be a better choice at the two. You'd have four guys in the SL who need the ball (five if Pau stays on). I don't like the idea of getting CP3, but if you do it's exactly because he can get guys like Green going again. Guys like Green, Dedmon, Mills and Bertans are who you want in a Paul-led offense, not Simmons and Murray.

mo7888
06-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Green will be cheaper than Simmons, likely. Again, people are taking a small sample size from a situation where Simmons had his best opportunity to make an impact and trying to put that over years of Green's game. Even so, Danny still had better impact stats in the playoffs.

It doesn't make any sense to go, "Danny's going to be 30 and regressing, gotta get out of his deal. Simmons (and Hanga) is turning 28 and on the upswing, better pay whatever we need to."

What makes even less sense is to move Green to grab Paul with the thought that Simmons will be a better choice at the two. You'd have four guys in the SL who need the ball (five if Pau stays on). I don't like the idea of getting CP3, but if you do it's exactly because he can get guys like Green going again. Guys like Green, Dedmon, Mills and Bertans are who you want in a Paul-led offense, not Simmons and Murray.

Danny is on a reasonably cheap deal in today's NBA with only one year remaining. I agree that there is no need to dump him or trade him for 2nd round picks unless you are clearing cap space for someone who is truly trans-formative and I don't see that on the market right now. If we were going to move him and that's a big IF I think you would be looking at someone like Detroit and moving up in the draft instead of down. Even then it would just depend on who dropped to the #12 spot to make it worthwhile.

palangi
06-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Danny is on a reasonably cheap deal in today's NBA with only one year remaining. I agree that there is no need to dump him or trade him for 2nd round picks unless you are clearing cap space for someone who is truly trans-formative and I don't see that on the market right now. If we were going to move him and that's a big IF I think you would be looking at someone like Detroit and moving up in the draft instead of down. Even then it would just depend on who dropped to the #12 spot to make it worthwhile.

Because danny isn't worth his contact. He was benched the Warriors series.

mo7888
06-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Because danny isn't worth his contact. He was benched the Warriors series.

Most people in the front office around the league see it differently... so we will just disagree..

CGD
06-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Was listening to WOJ talking about how Tony Snell might get 13M a year. Danny's deal is a steal.

SAGirl
06-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Was listening to WOJ talking about how Tony Snell might get 13M a year. Danny's deal is a steal.
Wow ... Tony Snell...!!

Chinook
06-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Most people in the front office around the league see it differently... so we will just disagree..

Most people with eyes can see Green wasn't "benched" in the series. Pop emptied his bench midway through Game Four, but Danny played the fourth-most minutes for the series.

palangi
06-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Most people with eyes can see Green wasn't "benched" in the series. Pop emptied his bench midway through Game Four, but Danny played the fourth-most minutes for the series.

Most people with eyes can see Green has regressed on his shot, hasn't developed any other aspect of his game. And is not a top tier role player any more.

Chinook
06-16-2017, 09:27 AM
Most people with eyes can see Green has regressed on his shot, hasn't developed any other aspect of his game. And is not a top tier role player any more.

And yet still had better impact numbers than Simmons.

palangi
06-16-2017, 04:58 PM
And yet still had better impact numbers than Simmons.

Depends on how ever you want to spin it I guess.

I'll leave your little danny boy alone

cjw
06-16-2017, 06:25 PM

Sample size. If he shoots below 40% for a good clip next season, then let's talk. He was bad in 2015-16 regular season (but good that playoffs) and better last year, though still 38% which is below his career average. It's still a very good mark.

palangi
06-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Sample size. If he shoots below 40% for a good clip next season, then let's talk. He was bad in 2015-16 regular season (but good that playoffs) and better last year, though still 38% which is below his career average. It's still a very good mark.

Not if it is his main skill and nothing else to offer on offense.

CGD
06-16-2017, 07:41 PM
LMA to Knicks for #8, Hernengomez, and Noah's atrocity of a contract?

outmap
06-16-2017, 09:50 PM
LMA for Kings 2 picks plus filler.

Chinook
06-16-2017, 09:59 PM

I'd consider it. Would need to move Pau for value though.

palangi
06-16-2017, 10:18 PM
I'd trade LMA to the duns for the 4th pick, knight bad contact, and Benders then use that 4th pick to take johnathon Isaacs. He is a Durant lite type player.

Knight can back up Murray.
Isaacs can play the 3 allowing Leonard to play the 2. Giving us more length and athleticism.

PG- Murray, knight, Forbes
SG- Leonard, Simmons
SF- Isaac, Hanga
PF- bender, bertans
C - Gasol, Milutinov

I'd like to trade Green too.
We still have our 2 picks for other filter types.
Throw KA in the LMA trade if need be. Or in the green trade.

CGD
06-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Yeah, Iile PHX as a partner for many reasons but really think #4 is too rich for them. Had they fallen in 5-8 range maybe they entertain it.

palangi
06-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Yeah, Iile PHX as a partner for many reasons but really think #4 is too rich for them. Had they fallen in 5-8 range maybe they entertain it.

I would throw or 29th pick in too, if needed

CGD
06-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Assuming SAC gets their much needed PG at #5, would #10, #34, Afflalo, and Koufus be enough value coming back for LMA?

I think the deal makes sense for SAC but wonder if it's too light for us. Koufus is a solid back up on a value deal, and it looks like Afflalo is only guaranteed 1.5 of 12.5 million this coming year. He might also be a good bench option for a year. #34 should be good this draft.

mo7888
06-17-2017, 06:00 PM
I like the idea of trading lma to phx, always have. I'm not sure they'd give up that much for him though. What does everyone think you could realistically get for him there? I'd guess something like bender or chriss plus Bledsoe is they take a or with their pick.

CGD
06-17-2017, 06:22 PM
I like the idea of trading lma to phx, always have. I'm not sure they'd give up that much for him though. What does everyone think you could realistically get for him there? I'd guess something like bender or chriss plus Bledsoe is they take a or with their pick.

I think the basic framework is to get a top 14 pick (or recent pick) + early 2nd round pick/interesting role player + assume a shitty long contract. The shittier the contract (Noah) the better the top talent should be (Knicks #8).

RiverwalkParade
06-21-2017, 09:06 AM
Crazy idea, so please tell me if this is even possible, but could we send Danny and the 29th to Philly for their 4 second rounders?

The plan being that we draft 5 guys in the second that we sign to TP's French team and let them play together and mature as a starting 5. 3-4 years from now we bring them all over. Would revolutionize the way teams think of the draft.

sasaint
06-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Crazy idea, so please tell me if this is even possible, but could we send Danny and the 29th to Philly for their 4 second rounders?

The plan being that we draft 5 guys in the second that we sign to TP's French team and let them play together and mature as a starting 5. 3-4 years from now we bring them all over. Would revolutionize the way teams think of the draft.

:lol Gotta hand it to ya - that's a crazy idea, alright. Hope Asvel develops all those prospects better than they did LJC...

sasaint
06-21-2017, 10:22 AM

:tu I like both of the Hernangomez boys' potential.

buttsR4rebounding
06-21-2017, 04:07 PM
I think there is a decent chance that the Spurs will make a draft night trade a la 2011. Danny Green is in for a substantial raise next year. The Spurs are looking for cap space this year. It has been widely reported that the Pistons have been looking to trade pick number 12 and Green is just the type of player that Van Gundy covets. The 12th pick for Green would free up about 8 million for the Spurs. They would likely then re-sign Simmons after they brought in a PG.

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2017, 11:22 AM
LA to PHX

Bledsoe to Utah

24th, 30th, rights to MIA 18' 1st to SA

or

LA, rights to Milutinov, 29th to PHX

Bledsoe to Utah

4th, 24th to SA.

Which deal is more likely? And would you do it?

buttsR4rebounding
06-22-2017, 12:15 PM
LA to PHX

Bledsoe to Utah

I think the 2nd is more likely. The 4th pick is valued very high right now. Depending who the Spurs are targeting, if they could get the 4th pick and don't want Josh Jackson they could likely trade down some and pick up additional assets.

or

Bledsoe to Utah

4th, 24th to SA.

pad300
06-22-2017, 05:49 PM
LA to PHX

Bledsoe to Utah

or

Bledsoe to Utah

4th, 24th to SA.

I would do either quite happily...

RiverwalkParade
06-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Three team deal:

Utah gets Rubio
Minnesota gets Lamarcus
Spurs get cap space and draft picks

Would we do it if it meant getting CP3, keep Danny and get picks?

pad300
06-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Three team deal:

Utah gets Rubio
Minnesota gets Lamarcus

SAS would do it. Utah and Minny on the other hand...

mo7888
06-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Three team deal:

Utah gets Rubio
Minnesota gets Lamarcus

We would do that under the assumptions you mentioned. I think minny would do that as well. Utah might but might not...

RiverwalkParade
06-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Figured Utah would be interested as they get Rubio (a player they have reported interest in) for a draft pick. At this point, I would take a '19 First Round pick, lottery protected for LMA. As long as we are getting that cap space to work with

CGD
06-28-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking flip:

1. Green for Philly assets

2. LMA to TOR for Valincinous reclamation project.

3. Sign Hill to short term deal to bridge the Parker and Murray eras.

Use next season for internal improvement and growth of players.

CGD
06-30-2017, 07:41 PM
I feel this is happening based on news out of CLE:

Danny to CLE;
S&T Korver + Osman to Spurs

freemeat
07-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Three team deal:

Utah gets Rubio
Minnesota gets Lamarcus

I would've loved to see us participate in that trade like this. It gives us enough room for someone like Paul Millsap (who would be awesome for us) and probably a 2-3 tier wing or big.

Baam
10-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Lowe mentioned Bledsoe as one of the most intriguing trade piece out there.

So been think how about :

Spurs get Bledsoe
Suns get D.Murray + filler

Bledsoe
Green
Leonard
Gay
Aldridge

+ the TOSBs trio off the bench (Parker, Manu, Gasoft)

Matches up pretty well vs OKC.

Ideally the filler would be Mills but can't be traded for a long time and not sure he's viewed as a positive contract...

SAGirl
10-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Good suggestion Baam.
Pop will not do it bc they love Patty. They would need to be floundering and maybe Tony and/or Manu really not looking good through the season or Tony have recurring nags or something in order to get desperate.
Dijon will need to show development this season.

mo7888
10-23-2017, 02:05 PM
You have to think the Bulls can't co-exist with Portis and Mirotic and since Mirotic is making 12M Portis has to go. Maybe Forbes (to play alongside his college team mate Valentine) plus a future 2nd would get it done?

Chinook
10-24-2017, 01:10 PM
You have to think the Bulls can't co-exist with Portis and Mirotic and since Mirotic is making 12M Portis has to go. Maybe Forbes (to play alongside his college team mate Valentine) plus a future 2nd would get it done?

I suggested this the day it happened, though I gave the Hanga instead of the pick. Could use him now with Joff hurt, and Forbes isn't playing his way into the rotation any time soon.

mo7888
10-24-2017, 03:06 PM
I suggested this the day it happened, though I gave the Hanga instead of the pick. Could use him now with Joff hurt, and Forbes isn't playing his way into the rotation any time soon.

If I'm not mistaken Forbes is a rfa next summer because of his unstated status? If anybody throws anything over the minimum at him he's gone any ways.

And I'd much prefer to give up hanga and keep the 2nd rd pick..

BackHome
10-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Portis is crazy no way Pop wants to deal with him

SAGirl
10-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Portis is crazy no way Pop wants to deal with him
I thought the same after I saw Chinooks suggestion. The fact he punched out a teammate and fractured his face and concussed him in a practice is a character flaw that’s quite glaring. Pop dismissed SJax after he was jealous of teammates an reportedly was beating guys up playing too physical in practice. He was worried the chemistry was more important than his contributions at the time. I can’t see Spurs show interest.

venitian navigator
10-27-2017, 08:04 AM
With Bulls giving Portis just an 8 games suspension I see Mirotic as the treadable one...
He has a two years contract with the second team option...for money that's quite the some amount of Mills (and both are treadable only in january).

venitian navigator
11-11-2017, 04:25 AM
considering that currently we have no real starting point guard (Manu is the best but he can't start; KA is the second best but he's not considered starting at the point) and that looks like Brogdon just lost his starting spot, what about a trade for him? his value, at the moment, should be low and we have some pieces thatn could intrigue the bucks...

Robz4000
11-11-2017, 04:17 PM
considering that currently we have no real starting point guard (Manu is the best but he can't start; KA is the second best but he's not considered starting at the point) and that looks like Brogdon just lost his starting spot, what about a trade for him? his value, at the moment, should be low and we have some pieces thatn could intrigue the bucks...

No way MIL is willing to give up Brogdon at this point unless it's for a legit young prospect/high draft pick or a high end rotation player. Kid just won ROTY and is still a big part of their future plans I assume. The Bledsoe deal was more about this season and shedding the Monroe contract.

pad300
11-27-2017, 03:03 AM
I don't think the Grizz are going anywhere this season, and Tyreke Evans is on a 1 year contract. He is playing very well. It is likely he won't be back, certainly Memphis can have no guarantees. He's therefore available.

SAS Out - 2018 First round pick, Derrick White, Bryn Forbes
SAS In - Tyreke Evans

In Summary, a prospect (White), a pick and filler (Forbes) for a rental, who we might have a chance at re-signing. What do you think?

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-27-2017, 03:27 AM
I don't think the Grizz are going anywhere this season, and Tyreke Evans is on a 1 year contract. He is playing very well. It is likely he won't be back, certainly Memphis can have no guarantees. He's therefore available.

SAS Out - 2018 First round pick, Derrick White, Bryn Forbes
SAS In - Tyreke Evans

In Summary, a prospect (White), a pick and filler (Forbes) for a rental, who we might have a chance at re-signing. What do you think?

I wouldn't give that much for someone the Spurs would have to use cap space to re-sign and I don't think he'd move the needle for this season. Besides, the Spurs may not have any cap space depending on re-signing Tony/Danny/Rudy and if they only have the exceptions Milutinov might take a part of that cash.

pad300
11-27-2017, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't give that much for someone the Spurs would have to use cap space to re-sign and I don't think he'd move the needle for this season. Besides, the Spurs may not have any cap space depending on re-signing Tony/Danny/Rudy and if they only have the exceptions Milutinov might take a part of that cash.

Evans might be retainable for the MLE, he's only on $3M this year. I can't see us spending more than the Vet Min (or Maybe the LLE) on a big as we have Aldridge and Gasol guaranteed for next season.

SAGirl
11-29-2017, 02:12 AM
It's not worth it to give up 2 picks for a one half a season rental unless the team reached the point of desperation and they aren't there.

The Spurs probably can't resign him if Rudy picks up his option, either. Rudy was signed with the MLE.

venitian navigator
02-02-2018, 06:10 AM
time to try some trade ideas considering the 8 is approaching...
Mills + Forbes+1 2018 for Simmons + Payton?

mo7888
02-02-2018, 11:02 AM
I'd rather see something more in line with Mills + Paul + our 1st to Sacramento for Bogdanovic + Skal

venitian navigator
02-05-2018, 08:34 AM
I'd rather see something more in line with Mills + Paul + our 1st to Sacramento for Bogdanovic + Skal

Bogdanovic is their (Kings) best player and they're never gonna trade him...their availble pieces are the veterans (Hill, Temple, Carter, Randolph, Koufos).
One possible trade could be Hill and Temple (Carter) for Mills and Parker...and that could be accepted for both teams thnks ton the expiring of TP and the fact that both Hill and Temple have already played for us...so they dont need to learn the system from the beginning.

mo7888
02-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Bogdanovic is their (Kings) best player and they're never gonna trade him...their availble pieces are the veterans (Hill, Temple, Carter, Randolph, Koufos).
One possible trade could be Hill and Temple (Carter) for Mills and Parker...and that could be accepted for both teams thnks ton the expiring of TP and the fact that both Hill and Temple have already played for us...so they dont need to learn the system from the beginning.

I'm not really interested in their vets. I think they will decide between Bogdanovic and Hield and would be wiling to package the other. They are actively trying to move Skal as part of a package as well. I know they would prefer to package him with a vet but, I don't think that deal is coming. There aren't as many buyers this year in the trade market as there are sellers. Gonna be tough to move those guys.

venitian navigator
02-06-2018, 04:25 AM
I'm not really interested in their vets. I think they will decide between Bogdanovic and Hield and would be wiling to package the other. They are actively trying to move Skal as part of a package as well. I know they would prefer to package him with a vet but, I don't think that deal is coming. There aren't as many buyers this year in the trade market as there are sellers. Gonna be tough to move those guys.

If that was tue, the perfect trade would be Hill + Bogdanovic for Mills + Parker

sasaint
02-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Hill and Skal for Patty and Danny.

lmbebo
03-01-2018, 05:16 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/clippers-avery-bradley-might-undergo-213002508.html

maybe this is part of the reason things didn't work out on the Bradley trade? Clippers really were trying to dump him more than anything?

sasaint
03-01-2018, 08:29 PM

maybe this is part of the reason things didn't work out on the Bradley trade? Clippers really were trying to dump him more than anything?

Tailor-made for a PATFO signing.

SAGirl
03-02-2018, 03:22 PM

If they wanted to dump him they wouldn't have wanted to pick up a long term contract like Mills is. That's why they wanted Danny.

SAGirl
03-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Tailor-made for a PATFO signing.
Heh! bleacherreport has the Spurs targeting Bradley as a potential target. His injury and poor play this season has depressed his market value. I'd love to see Kyle in NYC too.

pad300
04-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Ok, with Kawhi not with the team in the playoffs, I think it's time to open the floor to sale proposals:

SAS out : Kawhi, Mills, ( BP3 or Joff )
CHA out : Kemba, Batum, CHA first pick 2018, CHA first 2020 (top 5 protected)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydgzqapn

It may be less than people are hoping to get for Kawhi, but superstar trades tend to be at a discount. Kemba gives us a starting PG for the short term - until we either DeJounte develops or becomes a defensive specialist SG. Batum is a not good contract, but might be revivable. We move Mills's bad contract, and get a lottery pick and future first.

CGD
04-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Seems like LAL, LAC, BOS, PHI, and CLE could construct better offers.

pad300
04-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Seems like LAL, LAC, BOS, PHI, and CLE could construct better offers.

I'd say could for LAC, PHi, BOS. Not so sure about CLE or LAL. But the key is WOULD they?

mo7888
04-19-2018, 02:48 PM
I'd say could for LAC, PHi, BOS. Not so sure about CLE or LAL. But the key is WOULD they?

All of those could and a few of them will.

pad300
04-19-2018, 05:14 PM
All of those could and a few of them will.

Hope it works out that way...

mo7888
04-19-2018, 07:51 PM
Hope it works out that way...

Me too

CGD
04-19-2018, 09:28 PM

You’re right about Lakers. I just don’t see what they could possibly offer that could beat one of those other teams. CLE is interesting if they build a package around Love and Brooklyn pick (toss in Osman and Zizic). I like the flexibility of being able to repackage Love later, keep him, or make the deal a 3 way deal like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb6hpesu

(CLE and Knicks send 8 and 9 to Spurs)

mo7888
04-20-2018, 03:01 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7aoe3sd

Here's a trade I like longer term and I think it makes us more competitive next year as well.

We should get the LA pick frm Philly and give the Celts a 1st from our ledger.

CGD
04-20-2018, 08:36 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7aoe3sd

Here's a trade I like longer term and I think it makes us more competitive next year as well.

We should get the LA pick frm Philly and give the Celts a 1st from our ledger.

Interesting. I’m not that high on Rozier, but even if I were I’m scared of being the team that offers him his next deal this coming year. I’d love Tatum instead but know that’s a tall order.

mo7888
04-21-2018, 08:57 AM
Interesting. I’m not that high on Rozier, but even if I were I’m scared of being the team that offers him his next deal this coming year. I’d love Tatum instead but know that’s a tall order.

That's fair on the rozier salary. I like Tatum as well if we did a straight deal with Boston. I know this isn't a popular opinion but, I'd take Hayward if if could move pau to them as part of the package.

CGD
04-21-2018, 02:52 PM
I’m also wondering what Love fetches these days. Like as part of this deal (which would also include Nets pick to spurs), would Clips part with both picks for Love? What if spurs gave them 18?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7qn9ocu

Spurs would be armed with 8, 12, 13 to move up or keep, some solid young prospects, and Harris.

pad300
04-21-2018, 07:01 PM
2 trades, done at the draft.

1) SAS out : Kawhi, LAL out: Ball, Ingram, #25 pick after selection (has to be after selection, because of cap rules), Zubac
Why: LAL gets Kawhi, SAS gets assets
then
2) SAS out : Ball, Mills, Pau CHA out: Kemba, Batum
Why: because I want no part of the Ball madness, and Mills and Pau are bad contracts for us. We get a starter level PG that we desperately need, and IMO, Batum's contract is actually salvageable. They get their PG of the future (Ball), and out from Batum's contract - esp. as Pau has only $6M guaranteed after next year...

CGD
04-22-2018, 09:10 AM
Not a Kemba fan, but even if i were he’s gonna want a big pay day as he’s in his last year. So if he walks for a better deal or more desirable location elsewhere, we’re essentially left with nothing to show for Leonard.

That is why there has to be something in terms of picks or cost controlled young peices like Tatum, Brown, Saric, etc. included.

pad300
04-22-2018, 02:30 PM
Not a Kemba fan, but even if i were he’s gonna want a big pay day as he’s in his last year. So if he walks for a better deal or more desirable location elsewhere, we’re essentially left with nothing to show for Leonard.

That is why there has to be something in terms of picks or cost controlled young peices like Tatum, Brown, Saric, etc. included.

Except you know, Ingram #25, Zubac and having dumped 2 bad contracts (Gasoft, Fifty) for a workable one (Batum). Also, we should recognize that we are going to have to pay someone, and a good, prime age (28-31 for a 4 year contract) PG is a pretty appropriate guy to pay...

Seriously
C: Aldridge/Zubac/ ?Milutinov?
SF/PF ?Gay?/?Anderson?/Batum/Ingram/?Bertans (for the vet min)?
SG Green (no he's not going to opt out, and with a PG who can has 3 offensive tools, drive, pass, shoot, he will look at lot better),
PG Walker, Dejounte, White

Add #18 and #25, and a full MLE FA - say Tyreke Evans. Looks pretty solid to me.

mo7888
04-22-2018, 03:40 PM
I’m also wondering what Love fetches these days. Like as part of this deal (which would also include Nets pick to spurs), would Clips part with both picks for Love? What if spurs gave them 18?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7qn9ocu

Spurs would be armed with 8, 12, 13 to move up or keep, some solid young prospects, and Harris.

I don't think the clips give up picks and Harris for love. I so think you could get the picks for live and the #18 though.

mo7888
04-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Question for the CBA guru's: can the pelicans sign and trade cousins or are they prohibited?

I saw this morning where they are discussing offering him a 2 year deal at less than the max. If their discussions become toxic could they sign and trade him to a team that doesn't have enough cap space like the spurs?

CGD
04-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Question for the CBA guru's: can the pelicans sign and trade cousins or are they prohibited?

I saw this morning where they are discussing offering him a 2 year deal at less than the max. If their discussions become toxic could they sign and trade him to a team that doesn't have enough cap space like the spurs?

Someone here will have the definitive answer, but if I recall correctly they could, but fewer teams/players found it appealing because under the new rules the sign and trade wouldn’t come with the higher annual bonuses it once did.

mo7888
04-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Someone here will have the definitive answer, but if I recall correctly they could, but fewer teams/players found it appealing because under the new rules the sign and trade wouldn’t come with the higher annual bonuses it once did.

:tu

mo7888
04-25-2018, 10:56 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23295190/kawhi-leonard-trades-see-san-antonio-spurs-make-nba

Dropping this here....

I'll add...Kevin Pelton is the worst analytical guy espn has ever employed in my opinion. Just awful takes on everything and I'm not just saying this because of his dumb-founded trade proposal here.

Chinook
04-25-2018, 11:11 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23295190/kawhi-leonard-trades-see-san-antonio-spurs-make-nba

Dropping this here....

I'll add...Kevin Pelton is the worst analytical guy espn has ever employed in my opinion. Just awful takes on everything and I'm not just saying this because of his dumb-founded trade proposal here.

OMG that's Shit Central.

And yes, Pelton is terrible.

CGD
04-25-2018, 08:07 PM

Dropping this here....

Awful, minus the Sixer one. Flutz, Saric, and Laker Pick isn’t bad at all, and Philly might actually be a team that would want Mills as part of a larger deal. Philly also has a number of enticing 2nd rounders and stashes pickes like Bolden and AP.

CGD
04-26-2018, 08:21 PM
Question: can an expiring 2018 contract be included in a trade on draft night?

In this hypothetical trade below, could Baynes be used even if he becomes a UFA on July 1? (I’m assuming the trigger for the trade is Spurs swap 18 as part of the deal).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y86zk6kl

objective
04-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Beal & Oubre & 15 for Kawhi & Mills

???

Just brainstorming

mo7888
04-27-2018, 02:16 PM
Question: can an expiring 2018 contract be included in a trade on draft night?

In this hypothetical trade below, could Baynes be used even if he becomes a UFA on July 1? (I’m assuming the trigger for the trade is Spurs swap 18 as part of the deal).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y86zk6kl

Don't take this as the gospel, but I don't think you can include him in the trade except for on the trade machine for balancing purposes. However, when his salary comes off the books they can absorb salary from us in an unbalanced way so in essence they could still do that deal without including baynes

TD 21
04-27-2018, 05:53 PM
Gasol (2/$32M; 23.5M guaranteed) and 18 for Fournier (3/$51M)? Not sure I'd do it, but it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone: They'd get out from Gasol and fill a need in the back court, essentially redistributing their 3rd highest salary in the process.

They could then use the MLE on a center, such as Dedmon (p/o), Nogueira (RFA), Len or Baynes.

CGD
04-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Don't take this as the gospel, but I don't think you can include him in the trade except for on the trade machine for balancing purposes. However, when his salary comes off the books they can absorb salary from us in an unbalanced way so in essence they could still do that deal without including baynes

I see. Yeah the idea here would just be for salary matching purposes. Not actually interested in keeping Baynes, in fact I prefer the cap space. Put differently Tatum + Brown + ~5 capspace.

CGD
04-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Gasol (2/$32M; 23.5M guaranteed) and 18 for Fournier (3/$51M)? Not sure I'd do it, but it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone: They'd get out from Gasol and fill a need in the back court, essentially redistributing their 3rd highest salary in the process.

They could then use the MLE on a center, such as Dedmon (p/o), Nogueira (RFA), Len or Baynes.

That would be a heist for us, and great use of 18. Not sure there is enough value in there for Orlando. Think they’d have to add Mulitinov/Kyle/Bertans too.

CGD
04-27-2018, 07:10 PM
We just having fun, so putting this here (think it was from another thread): https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/basketball/knicks/kawhi-leonard-potential-spurs-split-interest-knicks-article-1.3954575

What do folks think about a Knicks package around Porzingos and 9? Keep in mind Porzingos is also coming off injury.

mo7888
04-27-2018, 07:29 PM
We just having fun, so putting this here (think it was from another thread): https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/basketball/knicks/kawhi-leonard-potential-spurs-split-interest-knicks-article-1.3954575

What do folks think about a Knicks package around Porzingos and 9? Keep in mind Porzingos is also coming off injury.

I think there is a Knicks trade based around porzingus and the pick thays interesting. It just depends on how it compares to what other teams put on the table.

TD 21
04-28-2018, 04:40 PM
That would be a heist for us, and great use of 18. Not sure there is enough value in there for Orlando. Think they’d have to add Mulitinov/Kyle/Bertans too.

Presuming Leonard is retained, a solid young veteran, who can help win now, makes more sense than a pick that would probably take multiple years to do so, if it even proves capable. The good thing with Fournier is, he's not a big enough name to quibble with being the clear 3rd option, plus he can space the floor for Leonard and Aldridge and provide some secondary creation.

Bledsoe, whose clearly better, basically went for a slightly better version of this. New management wants to put their stamp on the team and I'm not sure they could do better for a player who is now overpaid, with little to no remaining upside and has had some durability issues.

CGD
04-28-2018, 08:24 PM
You do raise an interesting question of what it would take to move Pau. I Just don’t think getting the Magic’s best or second best player in exchange for 18 and the privilege of taking back our bad salary will get it done for the Magic.

lmbebo
04-28-2018, 08:36 PM
A pick would have to go with Pau, maybe 2... if we are to unload Pau

CGD
04-29-2018, 07:21 AM
Now i do think Pau becomes more valuable in Feb. for a team looking for cap relief. Strictly a hypothetical, but I could see a Pau for Noah swap (he’ll only have one year left) for Knick assets. Knicks can opt not to pick up Pau last year and save 10M.

TD 21
04-29-2018, 04:20 PM
You do raise an interesting question of what it would take to move Pau. I Just don’t think getting the Magic’s best or second best player in exchange for 18 and the privilege of taking back our bad salary will get it done for the Magic.

You could be right, but it's at least plausible. Draft picks and financial flexibility are gold, especially for a re-building team and they don't have enough of either (they more so have quantity than quality of picks). Presuming they couldn't trade Gasol and paid him in full on a buyout (which is unlikely since this would be mutually beneficial), they'd save $27.5M.

Another likely center option in free agency and a better one than the four I named, is O'Quinn (p/o).

Mugen
04-30-2018, 07:03 PM
Dejounte/Fatty/Pau/18th pick for Kemba/Batum/Fillers

pad300
04-30-2018, 08:37 PM
Dejounte/Fatty/Pau/18th pick for Kemba/Batum/Fillers

I would certainly think hard about it; probably do it, especially if Gay opts out.

CGD
04-30-2018, 08:56 PM
I would certainly think hard about it; probably do it, especially if Gay opts out.

Dude, that Batum deal isn’t insane. Has 3 more years after this one at about 25M per. Then you have to extend Kemba, which with Leonard and Aldridge gives you a 110M roster just with those dudes.

I feel bad for Kemba bc it seems his fate is tied to Batum hot garbage deal.

CGD
04-30-2018, 09:20 PM
What about a deal based on a Beal-Leonard swap? It feels like that the Wall-Beal experiment has run its course.

Something like this but with picks from WAS who owns 15 this year and has their own first each of the next two years: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8rlt3pz

DaBears
04-30-2018, 10:49 PM

:lmao .

DaBears
04-30-2018, 10:51 PM
I believe, and would think SPURS will do a sign & trade of some kind.. I am thinking Most likely KIWI will resign, then we'll send him on his way somewhere tropical not named Miami.

mo7888
05-01-2018, 08:51 AM
I believe, and would think SPURS will do a sign & trade of some kind.. I am thinking Most likely KIWI will resign, then we'll send him on his way somewhere tropical not named Miami.
We might but, we won't be signing and sending him on this summer.

BackHome
05-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Oh hell we won’t

DAF86
05-01-2018, 08:52 PM
I'm sure Brown would love to have Mills in Philly. Maybe we can get an expiring contract and a second round pick for him.

CGD
05-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Three way trade:

SPURS: Fultz, Fornier, Covington, Saric, 10 (Philly), 35 (Orlando)

PHI: Leonard, Mills

ORL: Murray, Pau, 49 (Spurs)

BackHome
05-02-2018, 11:17 AM
That would be a perfect trade though not sure about Murray

mo7888
05-02-2018, 11:48 AM
I'm sure Brown would love to have Mills in Philly. Maybe we can get an expiring contract and a second round pick for him.

I'd like to get bayless (expiring) and korkmaz for mills.

mo7888
05-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Three way trade:

I like that....

DAF86
05-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Three way trade:

Why would Orlando do that?

CGD
05-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Why would Orlando do that?

- Murray is a good + cost controlled
- ORL desperately needs a starting PG
- They need a refresh and build around core of Issac, 2018 pick, and Gordon
- 25m+ in long term savings for small market team that is about to overpay grossly for Gordon

TD 21
05-02-2018, 05:53 PM
- Murray is a good + cost controlled
- ORL desperately needs a starting PG
- They need a refresh and build around core of Issac, 2018 pick, and Gordon
- 25m+ in long term savings for small market team that is about to overpay grossly for Gordon

By this logic, you think they'd not only value Murray more than 18, but by such an extent that they'd also be willing move down 14 spots in the 2nd round.

I don't see it. I doubt most would view Murray as the long term answer at PG at this juncture, let alone a re-building team that should continue picking high in the near future, which means more than likely having access to a bunch of better PG prospects. Also, this regime just jettisoned Payton, a more established sub par shooting PG, for a high 2nd. If they didn't believe in him, there's no reason to think they would in Murray.

CGD
05-02-2018, 08:39 PM
By this logic, you think they'd not only value Murray more than 18, but by such an extent that they'd also be willing move down 14 spots in the 2nd round.

I don't see it. I doubt most would view Murray as the long term answer at PG at this juncture, let alone a re-building team that should continue picking high in the near future, which means more than likely having access to a bunch of better PG prospects. Also, this regime just jettisoned Payton, a more established sub par shooting PG, for a high 2nd. If they didn't believe in him, there's no reason to think they would in Murray.

Yup, that’s my logic.

The bigger peice here is the trajectory of the Orlando franchise. Fournier is one of the last hold over parts of their first attempted and failed rebuild effort around Vuc, Fornier, Peyton, Oledepo, and Harris. Three of those dudes are gone and Vuc is expiring next year.

And, Murray’s star has never been higher. Dude will be on one of the all-defense teams this year, and if you redraft 2016 class today he’s a top 8 selection.

Murray would be a great peice of their next rebuild attempt. He’d go with Gordon, Issac, and solid Top 5 pick (which btw might be Doncic, a significantly better and younger version of Fournier).

TD 21
05-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Yup, that’s my logic.

The bigger peice here is the trajectory of the Orlando franchise. Fournier is one of the last hold over parts of their first attempted and failed rebuild effort around Vuc, Fornier, Peyton, Oledepo, and Harris. Three of those dudes are gone and Vuc is expiring next year.

And, Murray’s star has never been higher. Dude will be on one of the all-defense teams this year, and if you redraft 2016 class today he’s a top 8 selection.

Murray would be a great peice of their next rebuild attempt. He’d go with Gordon, Issac, and solid Top 5 pick (which btw might be Doncic, a significantly better and younger version of Fournier).

Even if I bought Murray over 18, I certainly wouldn't buy also moving down 14 spots in the 2nd.

His star has never been higher and top 8 based on what? The jury is still out on a lot of these players. Top 15-20 is more reasonable.

CGD
05-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Even if I bought Murray over 18, I certainly wouldn't buy also moving down 14 spots in the 2nd.

His star has never been higher and top 8 based on what? The jury is still out on a lot of these players. Top 15-20 is more reasonable.

The trade swap for second rounders isnt a sticking point. The logic was to account for the 25-26m long term savings to ORL (which I noted in an earlier post). We’re actually entering a time when Pau starts to look more like a trade asset/expiring contract.

Re Murray, yeah, probably early to fully assesses that class, but top 10 is not unreasonable. For his good body of work to date which could likely include being second team all defense, I think 15-20 is too low. Take a look at that class: https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2016.html

In the 12-30 range, who is better at this point? Maybe if you squint hard LaVert, Siamam, or Zizic?

Then look at 1-11. Definitely some studs at the top, but do we think he’s that far off from Bender, Chriss, Dunn, or even Peoltl?

TD 21
05-03-2018, 03:32 PM
The trade swap for second rounders isnt a sticking point. The logic was to account for the 25-26m long term savings to ORL (which I noted in an earlier post). We’re actually entering a time when Pau starts to look more like a trade asset/expiring contract.

Re Murray, yeah, probably early to fully assesses that class, but top 10 is not unreasonable. For his good body of work to date which could likely include being second team all defense, I think 15-20 is too low. Take a look at that class: https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2016.html

In the 12-30 range, who is better at this point? Maybe if you squint hard LaVert, Siamam, or Zizic?

Then look at 1-11. Definitely some studs at the top, but do we think he’s that far off from Bender, Chriss, Dunn, or even Peoltl?

It could be. When I said as much about the Gasol contract in my proposal, you seemed to think that wasn't valid.

If you want to say Murray been top 10 so far from the '16 class, maybe. But as I said, the jury is still out on a number of players. For example, you can say Murray has been better than top 10 picks Bender, Chriss and Maker, but that doesn't mean those teams would trade them for him. They probably still view them as better prospects.

CGD
05-03-2018, 04:25 PM
It could be. When I said as much about the Gasol contract in my proposal, you seemed to think that wasn't valid.

If you want to say Murray been top 10 so far from the '16 class, maybe. But as I said, the jury is still out on a number of players. For example, you can say Murray has been better than top 10 picks Bender, Chriss and Maker, but that doesn't mean those teams would trade them for him. They probably still view them as better prospects.

I don’t recall/see your part of the exchange about the Gasol piece; I probably missed it somewhere.

Anyway, I think the big picture here is that if the Spurs land Fultz in a Leonard deal, they can afford to be opportunistic with trading Murray for something decent. I like the idea of Covington being the new 3/D type on a good deal, so ideally they can use some combo of Murray/18/Pau’s quasi expiring to upgrade further on the wing.

Fournier was just an idea, but I’m sure others fit the mold.

TD 21
05-03-2018, 11:52 PM
I don’t recall/see your part of the exchange about the Gasol piece; I probably missed it somewhere.

Anyway, I think the big picture here is that if the Spurs land Fultz in a Leonard deal, they can afford to be opportunistic with trading Murray for something decent. I like the idea of Covington being the new 3/D type on a good deal, so ideally they can use some combo of Murray/18/Pau’s quasi expiring to upgrade further on the wing.

Fournier was just an idea, but I’m sure others fit the mold.

Draft picks and financial flexibility are gold, especially for a re-building team and they don't have enough of either (they more so have quantity than quality of picks). Presuming they couldn't trade Gasol and paid him in full on a buyout (which is unlikely since this would be mutually beneficial), they'd save $27.5M.

Yeah, I've been beating that drum recently.

If they want to pull a Pacers and go the re-load more so than re-build route (and I suspect they would), Fournier would make sense in this scenario, too.

CGD
05-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I've been beating that drum recently.

If they want to pull a Pacers and go the re-load more so than re-build route (and I suspect they would), Fournier would make sense in this scenario, too.

The other elephant in the room we haven’t discussed is: what does a rebuild (or even reload) mean for LMA? Will he renew his ask to be traded or does he stay and take some of the knocks with a largely new cast of characters? And then if he does want a trade, what could he conceivably fetch in a world that minimizes his skills more and more?

mo7888
05-04-2018, 01:50 PM
The other elephant in the room we haven’t discussed is: what does a rebuild (or even reload) mean for LMA? Will he renew his ask to be traded or does he stay and take some of the knocks with a largely new cast of characters? And then if he does want a trade, what could he conceivably fetch in a world that minimizes his skills more and more?

I think LA stays because he would be the focal point again and he relishes that. However, if we did trade him his value is better than last year because of his production and reasonable contract going forward. Phoenix would probably give bender, 15 and 31. Pavers might give sabonis or Turner. Personally, I'd try to get Wiggins from Minny since I think thibs is down on him.

TD 21
05-04-2018, 03:21 PM

I think the Spurs would reload moreso than rebuild and that Aldridge would want to stay. Coming home was arguably the biggest reason he signed here initially. As mo7888 said, he'd also continue to be the focal point, which he relishes. He also just got comfortable and committed to probably finishing his career here when he signed his extension. I doubt he'd be interested in restarting that process again.

Difficult to say what he'd fetch, but it almost certainly wouldn't even be close to commensurate for a player of his caliber.

CGD
05-05-2018, 04:23 PM
This all makes sense.

Do you guys know what the deal is with possibly including players like Anderson, Forbes, and Bertans in pre-draft deals? Not well versed in what there contracts allow/not allow at this point.

mo7888
05-05-2018, 09:24 PM
This all makes sense.

Do you guys know what the deal is with possibly including players like Anderson, Forbes, and Bertans in pre-draft deals? Not well versed in what there contracts allow/not allow at this point.

I'm not a cap guru but, I don't think they are eligible to be traded in pre-draft deals.

BackHome
05-07-2018, 05:27 PM
If we trade Kawhi and get the right players we can be a better team next year. To get even better Spurs got to make hard calls and trade or let go the following ; Gasol, Mills, Tony, Forbes, Paul, Joffrey.

CGD
05-07-2018, 07:45 PM
^ there will be growing pains, but in my three way deal above spurs would be poised for a good retool:

Starters:
Fultz
Fournier
Covington
Saric
LMA

Key reserves:
Bertans
Manu
TP (vet deal)
White
Gay

Picks/Stashes:
10th Pick
18th Pick
Mulitinov
AP/Bolden

MaNu4Tres
05-07-2018, 10:15 PM
^ there will be growing pains, but in my three way deal above spurs would be poised for a good retool:

Starters:
Fultz
Fournier
Covington
Saric
LMA

Key reserves:
Bertans
Manu
TP (vet deal)
White
Gay

Picks/Stashes:
10th Pick
18th Pick
Mulitinov
AP/Bolden

So gross. imo. Don't want that at all.

BackHome
05-08-2018, 11:13 AM
I like that trade with Philly cause of players on there roster and players over seas and multiple draft picks.

CGD
05-08-2018, 09:25 PM
I like that trade with Philly cause of players on there roster and players over seas and multiple draft picks.

I agree. No one ever wants to lose a top 5 player, but if that’s what ends up happening i can’t see a better (and realistic) trade partner than Philly right now. They’re also feeling exposed after this BOS series.

Had the BOS series gone differently maybe they look like a good partner, but right now we’d be lucky if cheapo offers Rozier and the Sac Pick next year. And why would they? They’ll trot out a starting line up of Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Hortford next year, wow.

Baam
05-09-2018, 06:06 PM
I'm still a Fultz believer too.

Don't like Fournier tho.

Fultz Murray/Tp
Green Gino/White
Covington Gay
Saric Bolden
LMA Gasol

Don't think they trade Murray, hell if he can hit the corner 3 he'd start at SG since you're almost always better off starting your best defenders.

venitian navigator
05-10-2018, 01:20 AM
I hope kl stays.
But if he has to go one good option could be Cleveland...
Three way trade (2 options)

Clev get KL (in second option Kl + Gasol)
Clips get K Love + L Nance
Spurs get Gallo + Osman 7th 12th and 13th (in second option all that + Zizic)

tbdog
05-13-2018, 08:09 PM
But who in Philly would you want. I don't see Saric more than a 6th man. I honestly would only want Simmons, but Philly would want to keep him and embid. Philly won't touch that unless Leonard resigns.

palangi
05-14-2018, 02:13 AM
I'd take Fultz, Saric, Covington, their top ten pick, and their 2 top picks in round 2.
Give up Kawhi and murray.

Draft
1. Kevin Knox SF or if Kentucky. Great short and good length at 6'9". A 7'+ wingspan too.
https://youtu.be/XQbAC_CIS2Q

18. Gary Trent SG put of Duke. At 6'6" he has good size and is a ++shooter. I think he is similar to Klay Thompson.
https://youtu.be/hyeV37oLQps

2a. Chidezie Metu PF put of USC. At 6'10 he is very athletic. Can score and shoot.
https://youtu.be/aJ3etqtg-oM

2b. Austin Wiley C out of Auburn. At 6'10" he has a 7'6" wingspan. Good athleticism. Kind o fa Capela type player to develop
https://youtu.be/olN1z9G3Oy8

2c. Jacob Evans SG out of Cincinnati. A 3&D type prospect. Very good athleticism and good shooter.
https://youtu.be/YgDCX7GPnqY

PG- Fultz, White, Forbes
SG- Covington, Trent, Evans
SF- Knox, Blossomgame
PF- Saric, Metu, Bertans
C- Aldridge, Mulitinov, Wiley

lmbebo
05-14-2018, 12:16 PM
I'd take Fultz, Saric, Covington, their top ten pick, and their 2 top picks in round 2.

Draft
1. Kevin Knox SF or if Kentucky. Great short and good length at 6'9". A 7'+ wingspan too.

18. Gary Trent SG put of Duke. At 6'6" he has good size and is a ++shooter. I think he is similar to Klay Thompson.

2a. Chidezie Metu PF put of USC. At 6'10 he is very athletic. Can score and shoot.

2b. Austin Wiley C out of Auburn. At 6'10" he has a 7'6" wingspan. Good athleticism. Kind o fa Capela type player to develop

2c. Jacob Evans SG out of Cincinnati. A 3&D type prospect. Very good athleticism and good shooter.

PG- Fultz, White, Forbes
SF- Knox, Blossomgame
PF- Saric, Metu, Bertans

1st round mediocrity for years to come ...

CGD
05-14-2018, 12:45 PM
^ Yes, no shit the spurs are going to struggle without Leonard. And, yes you are getting cents on the dollar for Leonard. It’s clear that the spurs aren’t getting a Simmons, Embid, or Tatum back. It’s just not in the cards.

Question is do you get .50 cents (Clips deal of Harris + 13+ 14) or .70 cents (Philly deal of Fultz +Dario+10+ a stashed play/2nd) to the dollar?

knowing it’s not going to be equal value, I think a Philly deal is the best they’re gonna get, unless Boston makes a panick move bc they think Lebron goes to Philly.

palangi
05-14-2018, 01:44 PM
1st round mediocrity for years to come ...

But we are in so much better shape right now?

BackHome
05-14-2018, 01:58 PM
Guys we got into the first round without Kawhi with players like Forbes, Paul, Mills, Green, Joffrey. If we do Kawhi trade I guarantee we could upgrade almost every position.

As previous poster suggested Saric, Fultz, , I would also want Jonah Bolden 6’ 10 foreign draft pick plus there lottery picks. I also can see us possibly including Green, or Mills with the Kawhi trade.

Philly Lottery Pick. We pick Mikal Bridges 6’7 SG/SF - a very good player not many wholes in his game would be a instant starter.

Our Pick : Zhaire Smith SG 6’5 instant upgrade over Green

Philly high second round pick: would go for Diop or Hutchison.

PG : Murray, Fultz, White
SG: Zhaire, Manu, Hutchison, Hanga
SF: Mikal Bridges, Diop
PF: LMA, Saric, Rudy, Jonah Bolden ( Anderson or Bertans)
C: Gasol, Niko

pad300
05-14-2018, 02:44 PM

Draft

PG- Fultz, White, Forbes
SF- Knox, Blossomgame
PF- Saric, Metu, Bertans

Lets's count the contracts you just magically evaporated - Manu (he could retire but is under contract), Mills, Gasol, Green (could opt out), Gay (could opt out), Joffrey (could opt out), Brandon Paul (under contract)...
Let's try doing something that's vaguely real with this trade, and IMO a lot better.

1. Fultz, Saric, Covington, their top ten pick, Bolden, 2020 First for Kawhi and Murray
2. Trade Mills and Fultz to CHA for Walker (he's expiring and is going to want a LOT to resign with them). If you have to, throw in the 2020 PHI first or other asset.
3. If Green or Gay opt out, resign if possible using Bird/non-Bird FA rights respectively.
4. Resign Anderson for less than the MLE
5. Pursue Tyreke Evans for the full MLE
6. Resign TP for the vet min 1 year (give him a chance to recover more fully from his injury
7. Cut Brandon Paul
8. Do not resign Forbes.

PG - Walker, White, TP
SG - Green, Evans, Manu
SF - Covington, Gay/Anderson
PF - Gay/Anderson, Saric,
C - LMA, Gasol, Joffrey

Add #10, #18 picks - 15 roster spots. As we have spent the full MLE, Bolden and Milutinov will continue to be stashed - likely for next year to replace Joffrey and Gasol.

Hugely improved PG play - can initiate the offense, 2 good 3&D wings to space the floor, LMA as a 1st option, Kemba as initiator/2nd option, Gay as 3ed Option. The bench has major punch with Evans taking the "Manu" role, and White looking good...

BackHome
05-14-2018, 03:23 PM
If you trade Fultz for Walker then your in it to win it cause he is going to be 29 and with a great PG we could do some serious hurting. My only issue would be at SF as Anderson doesn’t shoot and is more a passing PF. Would love to be able to get Mikal Bridges from Philly draft pick to play SF

Also go over the cap or do what you have to do and get rid of Joffrey and bring in Nikola just look what Baynes has done for Boston. You add the above players and then draft Bridges and bring in Nikola would give us a legit chance if a ring.

If you bring in Walker there is absolutely no reason to keep Tony he will see no playing time at all as he is behind Murray and White.

As as far as Fultz man watching his college games again man he is good and cheap it would be up to his shoulder injury and can Chip fix his shot. If you bring in him then yeah Parker could stay.