PDA

View Full Version : General Trades Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

mo7888
05-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Lets's count the contracts you just magically evaporated - Manu (he could retire but is under contract), Mills, Gasol, Green (could opt out), Gay (could opt out), Joffrey (could opt out), Brandon Paul (under contract)...
Let's try doing something that's vaguely real with this trade, and IMO a lot better.

1. Fultz, Saric, Covington, their top ten pick, Bolden, 2020 First for Kawhi and Murray
2. Trade Mills and Fultz to CHA for Walker (he's expiring and is going to want a LOT to resign with them). If you have to, throw in the 2020 PHI first or other asset.
3. If Green or Gay opt out, resign if possible using Bird/non-Bird FA rights respectively.
4. Resign Anderson for less than the MLE
5. Pursue Tyreke Evans for the full MLE
6. Resign TP for the vet min 1 year (give him a chance to recover more fully from his injury
7. Cut Brandon Paul
8. Do not resign Forbes.

PG - Walker, White, TP
SG - Green, Evans, Manu
SF - Covington, Gay/Anderson
PF - Gay/Anderson, Saric,
C - LMA, Gasol, Joffrey

Add #10, #18 picks - 15 roster spots. As we have spent the full MLE, Bolden and Milutinov will continue to be stashed - likely for next year to replace Joffrey and Gasol.

Hugely improved PG play - can initiate the offense, 2 good 3&D wings to space the floor, LMA as a 1st option, Kemba as initiator/2nd option, Gay as 3ed Option. The bench has major punch with Evans taking the "Manu" role, and White looking good...

There's alot to digest there and I agree with some of it but, I'm going to point out the two things I disagree with. I don't think Philly will want Murray because he's be hard to play alongside a non-shooting Simmons. I also don't think you should ever trade fultz for a guy who's 29 and about to demand a contract that he won't be able to live up to.

CGD
05-14-2018, 06:18 PM
No on Kemba! Spurs do NOT want to be the team that pays him big money. Plus if he thinks he can get it he’ll bolt, and spurs will be left with nothing.

CGD
05-14-2018, 07:14 PM
If Philly comes close, I wonder if BOS does deal around Brown + Kings Pick + Memphis Pick + Clips Pick

mo7888
05-14-2018, 07:21 PM
If Philly comes close, I wonder if BOS does deal around Brown + Kings Pick + Memphis Pick + Clips Pick

I think Boston will want to move Hayward in a Kawhi deal. I just don't think they can pay kawhi, Hayward, kyrie, and horford.

palangi
05-14-2018, 07:50 PM
Lets's count the contracts you just magically evaporated - Manu (he could retire but is under contract), Mills, Gasol, Green (could opt out), Gay (could opt out), Joffrey (could opt out), Brandon Paul (under contract)...
Let's try doing something that's vaguely real with this trade, and IMO a lot better.

1. Fultz, Saric, Covington, their top ten pick, Bolden, 2020 First for Kawhi and Murray
2. Trade Mills and Fultz to CHA for Walker (he's expiring and is going to want a LOT to resign with them). If you have to, throw in the 2020 PHI first or other asset.
3. If Green or Gay opt out, resign if possible using Bird/non-Bird FA rights respectively.
4. Resign Anderson for less than the MLE
5. Pursue Tyreke Evans for the full MLE
6. Resign TP for the vet min 1 year (give him a chance to recover more fully from his injury
7. Cut Brandon Paul
8. Do not resign Forbes.

PG - Walker, White, TP
SG - Green, Evans, Manu
SF - Covington, Gay/Anderson
PF - Gay/Anderson, Saric,
C - LMA, Gasol, Joffrey

Add #10, #18 picks - 15 roster spots. As we have spent the full MLE, Bolden and Milutinov will continue to be stashed - likely for next year to replace Joffrey and Gasol.

Hugely improved PG play - can initiate the offense, 2 good 3&D wings to space the floor, LMA as a 1st option, Kemba as initiator/2nd option, Gay as 3ed Option. The bench has major punch with Evans taking the "Manu" role, and White looking good...

I'm ok with Gay coming back. Kind of forgot about him.

As for Kemba Walker. .. hell no!

It's time for a roster shake up. Trade mills and Gasol for future second round picks.
Push green, Joffrey, and Paul out.

It's not ar big an issue as you want it to be.

CGD
05-14-2018, 08:33 PM
I think Boston will want to move Hayward in a Kawhi deal. I just don't think they can pay kawhi, Hayward, kyrie, and horford.

You’re right. wonder if the contract they’d prefer to move is Hortford though. Feels like moving Hayward so soon would piss off Stevens, plus I can see Ainge salivating at idea of Hayward, Tatum, Leonard interchangeably 2 through 4.

Would you run with two years of LMA and Hortford, if it meant getting all those picks, losing Pau along the way, and getting Brown for his “cheap” years?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd9awvjl

mo7888
05-14-2018, 09:52 PM
You’re right. wonder if the contract they’d prefer to move is Hortford though. Feels like moving Hayward so soon would piss off Stevens, plus I can see Ainge salivating at idea of Hayward, Tatum, Leonard interchangeably 2 through 4.

Would you run with two years of LMA and Hortford, if it meant getting all those picks, losing Pau along the way, and getting Brown for his “cheap” years?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd9awvjl

It really would depend on what else is offered. I would think that Philly, Cleveland, and LA would beat that offer.

MR-Clutch
05-15-2018, 03:31 AM
Trade Leonard to Knick for this years pick, 2019 pick, the unicorn and filler.

Option 2: trade Leonard to Boston for brown or Tatum, Rozier, morris and Monroe and Sacramento’s lottery pick next year and the grizzlies 2019 or 2020 pick.

BackHome
05-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Ummm No.

CGD
06-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Do we think the Colangello thing gives the Kawhi camp pause on signing off on Philly as a possible landing place?

mo7888
06-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Do we think the Colangello thing gives the Kawhi camp pause on signing off on Philly as a possible landing place?

I think colangelo will be replaced by mid week.

CGD
06-16-2018, 01:08 PM
Saw this trade suggested in article for Leonard, which caught my interest:

KP (injured), Frank, #9 and 2020 first

Biggems
06-16-2018, 09:47 PM
Any way to trade Kawhi and accrue both of the Clippers firsts? If so, that gives us 12, 13, 18 in round 1. Then, maybe we can add at least 1 more 2nd, if not 2.

At 12 or 13, we take SF Bates-Diop. At 18, we take C Mitchell Robinson. I am not sure who to take with the other 1st. In the 2nd, if we are able to add a pick, we take G Isaac Bonga and F Gary Clark. We add size, athleticism, length, some good bball IQs, tons of defense, and depth.

BackHome
06-16-2018, 10:34 PM
Damn those are some horrible picks. Not No But HELL No

dbestpro
06-16-2018, 11:13 PM
The likely hood of any rookie drafted after the 12th round, making an impact or getting playing time next year is very remote. Getting a large collection of picks makes things even worse.

FireMicoHalili
06-17-2018, 07:01 AM
Josh Jackson/Devin Booker, Knight, Chandler, #1, first round picks for the next three years for Leonard, Mills, and Gasol

Biggems
06-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Damn those are some horrible picks. Not No But HELL No

Whose picks were horrible and why? Several of us posted about picks.

Biggems
06-17-2018, 08:11 AM
Josh Jackson/Devin Booker, Knight, Chandler, #1, first round picks for the next three years for Leonard, Mills, and Gasol

I think it is against the rules to trade away your first in consecutive years. Now, maybe the Suns can trade away accrued picks.

Biggems
06-17-2018, 08:12 AM
I hope kl stays.
But if he has to go one good option could be Cleveland...
Three way trade (2 options)

Clev get KL (in second option Kl + Gasol)
Clips get K Love + L Nance
Spurs get Gallo + Osman 7th 12th and 13th (in second option all that + Zizic)

I would love this haul, but who is Zizic, I don't recall him.

MR-Clutch
06-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Who says no?
3 team trade-Memphis, SA, 76ers (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9t7cdnm)

Grizzlies Receive:
· Convington & Jarred Bayless
· Rights to Jonah Bolden
· 76ers 10th pick
· 76ers 38 pick

Spurs Receive:
·Fultz & Saric
· Grizzlies 4th Pick
· 76ers 26th pick
· 76ers 39th pick
· Rights Anzejs Pasecniks

76ers Receive:
Kawhi Leonard & Chandler Parsons

Chinook
06-21-2018, 01:41 AM
Who says no?
3 team trade-Memphis, SA, 76ers (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9t7cdnm)

Grizzlies Receive:
· Convington & Jarred Bayless
· Rights to Jonah Bolden
· 76ers 10th pick
· 76ers 38 pick

Spurs Receive:
·Fultz & Saric
· Grizzlies 4th Pick
· 76ers 26th pick
· 76ers 39th pick
· Rights Anzejs Pasecniks

76ers Receive:
Kawhi Leonard & Chandler Parsons

Sixers, quickly. SA needs to be taking Parsons, and Philly is giving up too much in way of picks on top of that. Giving SA 10 and helping pay the toll for 4 seems like a good deal. Maybe adding one of Saric or Covington as well. They aren't sweetening the pot more than that.

venitian navigator
06-21-2018, 01:55 AM
Other idea:
1) Clev take Noah and Kiwi;
2)NY take Love
3) SA take Hill+ 8 + 9

BackHome
06-21-2018, 09:59 AM
I fucking love that trade!!!!!!!!

I actually think that could work though would probably have to give up our 18th pick but I would still do that.

Mikal Bridges Sg/Sf
W. Carter PF/C

mo7888
06-22-2018, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know the rules on trading Kyle since he's a RFA? Can we sign and trade him or trade him and have someone acquire his rfa rights?

CGD
06-22-2018, 08:17 PM
So that Fultz + Dario + 10 trade turned into Fultz + Dario + Zharie + Phx 2021 pick. It’d still do that trade.

mo7888
06-23-2018, 07:13 AM
So that Fultz + Dario + 10 trade turned into Fultz + Dario + Zharie + Phx 2021 pick. It’d still do that trade.

So would I.

MR-Clutch
06-27-2018, 01:49 PM
IMO the best trade for the spurs would be with the Celtics for Jaylen Brown and the Memphis & Sacramento picks. Our spacing may be shit if Jaylen or Murray can't ever develop a consistent 3 pt shot. However, if they do we will have our PG, SG, and SF of the future all 21 yrs old or younger. Two potential lottery picks for a team that rarely strikes out in the draft would help round out a core that is ready to compete when the warriors are trending down.

lmbebo
06-27-2018, 04:51 PM
IMO the best trade for the spurs would be with the Celtics for Jaylen Brown and the Memphis & Sacramento picks. Our spacing may be shit if Jaylen or Murray can't ever develop a consistent 3 pt shot. However, if they do we will have our PG, SG, and SF of the future all 21 yrs old or younger. Two potential lottery picks for a team that rarely strikes out in the draft would help round out a core that is ready to compete when the warriors are trending down.

As nice as that would be ... Not sure Boston gives up any of those. I think they are more likely to give up the Memphis pick (they have a better shot at being a playoff team if everyone is healthy). Sac will almost certainly be a lottery team next year ..

Chinook
06-28-2018, 03:12 AM
Hoop had me looking, but I'm pretty sure this is my shittiest take:

I don't think he beats out Splitter directly, let alone Splitter and four mid-level prospects. Splitter has a better contract (Tiago will probably make half of what Aldridge will make in 2015-2017) and a better prognosis for success beyond the next two seasons, as Aldridge's injuries are very troublesome even in the short term. For right now, I think you guys might be overestimating the upgrade that Aldridge is to Splitter, or at least the upgrade that Duncan/Aldridge/Diaw/Pendergraph is to Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Pendergraph. While LA would have been a tougher match-up for Miami due to his offense, Splitter's mobility was essential to even being able to attempt to stay big against the Heat. Splitter's defense the other three series definitely seems more valuable to me than Aldridge's potential offense, as the Spurs scored very well.

As I said, though, the biggest problem I have is the timing. This trade would have looked a lot better to me earlier, as the team would have been able to gear free agency toward replacing Splitter's role as the backup center. Now (or actually after January 15, as that's the earliest Splitter can be traded), there's no real opportunity to do that, and there's even less opportunity to work the pieces in mid-season. I don't think it would raise the team's ceiling unless Baynes or Pendergraph breaks out and proves to be capable to filling Splitter's current role.

MR-Clutch
06-29-2018, 12:49 PM
If the Celtics are unwilling to include brown would it be possible to do a sign and trade with rozier and filler to make salaries work along with their 4 first round picks? I think I would prefer their picks over the laker assets ,there is some decent talent in the lotto next year. Not sure if celtics would accept though.

CGD
06-29-2018, 09:17 PM
If Lakers can move Lonzo for value in a three way deal I think an LAL-SAS trade works. Something like this with a PHX or LAL future first coming in:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mbbkvd

lmbebo
06-30-2018, 06:46 PM

At this point, I take that ...

johnnymoore
07-02-2018, 12:39 AM
Julius Randle (sign and trade), Brandon Ingram & Two 1st Rounders would be a great haul.

lmbebo
07-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Julius Randle (sign and trade), Brandon Ingram & Two 1st Rounders would be a great haul.

Right now, it sounds like Deng and trash. No picks.

CGD
07-04-2018, 07:15 PM
After the Kawhi saga ends, would like to see a trade of Pau+Green to Toronto for Ibaka+future 1st.

We eat Serge’s last year next year in exchange for a pick. Toronto saves about 17M. Time to build a warchest.

venitian navigator
07-06-2018, 08:30 AM
I think the point in trades is that we already have fixed the back court for the most and what the team need is an all star big...
imho the best could be Davis...and considering that they are running out of time with Championship ideas and he just has a two year contract (the third is a player option), the could be in the right mind to trade him.
A trade for Kiwhi could be possible, if he give signals he would re-up with them.
The package could be something like Kiwhi, Gasol, Murray for Davis - Mirotic (expiring)

venitian navigator
07-08-2018, 04:58 AM
other idea:
big minny trade
Leonard Alridge and Green for Towns Wiggins and Deng
Works or nba trade machine
Works for Minny consenting them to become title contenders just next year
Works for Thibs giving him players that play defense at the best nba level
Works for us 'cause give us a future
Works for our staff 'cause it will be a challenge worth to be take to make these young guys learn how to play the games and expecially defense...

See Minny next tear Teague - Butler - Leonard - Gibson - Alridge
Jones (Rose) - Okogie - Hunt - Tolliver - Patton

venitian navigator
07-08-2018, 05:04 AM
sorry
Minny : Teague - Green - Butler - Leonard - Alridge
Rose (Jones) Okogie - Hunt - Tolliver - Gibson - Patton

Us : Murray - Mills - Wiggins - Gay - Towns
White - Walker - Gino - Metu - Gasol
Paul - Belinelli - Dieng

Chucho
07-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Just swap Leonard for DeRozan and a pick and be done with it. We're not getting Top 5 draft picks for him. I do think we stand a chance for everything to be water under the bridge and he plays next year in silver and black and signs a supermax sometime during the season.

CGD
07-09-2018, 08:28 PM
I still think the moves from here to Feb 2019 go like:

1. Get “best” deal possible from Philly for Leonard including that Heat 2021 and maybe Philly’s 1st (with residual rights to Sacto pick swap)

2. Ship 17m in relief (Pau and Danny) to Toronto for Ibaka’s contract and a future first (2020?)

3. Ship any expirings you get from Philly deal (e.g., Bayless or Wilson) to another team needing cap relief (e.g., Thunder, Nugs) for best asset possible.

Goal is to get two first rounders in each of the next three drafts.

Fusternino
07-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Posting in here because no one upstairs actually bothered to respond to my trade idea.

I still think we should trade with the Clippers because they would be willing to give up more and getting Kawhi doesn't make them a superteam which also means any picks we get from them would be better too.

I like Tobias Harris a lot. He's an efficient scorer and we need to get back at least one player who can get his own shot. I think he would re-sign here long term given his probably frustration over having been traded so many times. SGA cam be traded after a month? I like what I've seen from him and again, great length. Manu, Green, and Marco will be gone soon. Having a young guard rotation of Murray, White, LWIV, and SGA would be great. And the final piece I like is Harrell (great defense and length but needs a shot) although I'm not sure of the CBA rules for S&T for RFAs-can he included with the other two guys for Kawhi? That would be ideal along with some combination of their 2021 and 2023 picks.

If Harrell can't be included with other players then make it Tobias, SGA, and Beverly for Kawhi and also agree to on the side S&T Harrell for Mills. I would prefer to keep Mills for continuity and optics reasons though. I still think he's very playable with big point guards like Murray and Ginobili (let's face it-he's the PG with him Mills as the bench backcourt) and this team needs all the shooting it can get.

I really don't get the idea that the Clippers don't have assets. I think they do and would be willing to give them away. Don't let the Lakers or Sixers become superteams.

mo7888
07-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Posting in here because no one upstairs actually bothered to respond to my trade idea.

I still think we should trade with the Clippers because they would be willing to give up more and getting Kawhi doesn't make them a superteam which also means any picks we get from them would be better too.

I like Tobias Harris a lot. He's an efficient scorer and we need to get back at least one player who can get his own shot. I think he would re-sign here long term given his probably frustration over having been traded so many times. SGA cam be traded after a month? I like what I've seen from him and again, great length. Manu, Green, and Marco will be gone soon. Having a young guard rotation of Murray, White, LWIV, and SGA would be great. And the final piece I like is Harrell (great defense and length but needs a shot) although I'm not sure of the CBA rules for S&T for RFAs-can he included with the other two guys for Kawhi? That would be ideal along with some combination of their 2021 and 2023 picks.

If Harrell can't be included with other players then make it Tobias, SGA, and Beverly for Kawhi and also agree to on the side S&T Harrell for Mills. I would prefer to keep Mills for continuity and optics reasons though. I still think he's very playable with big point guards like Murray and Ginobili (let's face it-he's the PG with him Mills as the bench backcourt) and this team needs all the shooting it can get.

I really don't get the idea that the Clippers don't have assets. I think they do and would be willing to give them away. Don't let the Lakers or Sixers become superteams.

I don't see Harris as an asset. His contract expires next summer and someone is going to have to overpay to sign him. I mean if we are satisfied with trading Kawhi for a couple low 1st round pick then maybe but surely we will do better than that.

Fusternino
07-10-2018, 02:12 PM
I don't see Harris as an asset. His contract expires next summer and someone is going to have to overpay to sign him. I mean if we are satisfied with trading Kawhi for a couple low 1st round pick then maybe but surely we will do better than that.

We just lost Kyle so we need another forward who can guard multiple positions. Harrell can probably even be a small ball 5. I don't think Tobias would need a max contract to stay with us and we would have his Bird Rights to sign him for longer, right? (Also, change SGA to Jerome Robinson . . . didn't realize SGA is a PG and that Robinson is a SG)

As for the 2021 and 2023 picks . . . I could see the Clippers imploding by then or just being stagnant/not being able to draw other elite free agents. I don't think picks in the 15-20 range would be that bad.

Is Covington/Saric/Zhaire/Heat 2021 pick really any better? Although with the recent trades the consensus seems to be those guys for Kawhi plus a Mills salary dump to the 76ers for I guess Wilson Chandler.

EDIT: Although I guess depending on how big Harrell's contract is salaries could match for a Kawhi/Mills for Tobias/Robinson/Harrell + picks type of deal.

mo7888
07-10-2018, 05:50 PM
We just lost Kyle so we need another forward who can guard multiple positions. Harrell can probably even be a small ball 5. I don't think Tobias would need a max contract to stay with us and we would have his Bird Rights to sign him for longer, right? (Also, change SGA to Jerome Robinson . . . didn't realize SGA is a PG and that Robinson is a SG)

As for the 2021 and 2023 picks . . . I could see the Clippers imploding by then or just being stagnant/not being able to draw other elite free agents. I don't think picks in the 15-20 range would be that bad.

Is Covington/Saric/Zhaire/Heat 2021 pick really any better? Although with the recent trades the consensus seems to be those guys for Kawhi plus a Mills salary dump to the 76ers for I guess Wilson Chandler.

EDIT: Although I guess depending on how big Harrell's contract is salaries could match for a Kawhi/Mills for Tobias/Robinson/Harrell + picks type of deal.

Yes the Philly package is better.

Fusternino
07-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Yes the Philly package is better.

That only matches salary for Kawhi. Given that we just re-signed Forbes, I assume we will need to move a guard or Manu is retiring.

CGD
07-10-2018, 06:04 PM
The Philly package is multiple times better. We can talk once the Clips make a few moves.

mo7888
07-14-2018, 10:47 AM
I know it'll never happen but I'd love to see Thibbs get desperate thinking he'd lose butler or kawhi next summer if he traded and work a 3 team trade with us and Toronto.
Toronto- kawhi + green
Minny- DD, Pau, spurs 1st
Spurs- Butler, Wiggins, OG, future Toronto 1st

Baam
07-15-2018, 06:38 AM
My crackpot trade of the day : https://tradenba.com/trades/BJ47tjd7X

Spurs get :

Murray White
Fultz Manu Walker
Prince Gay Beli
Saric Bertans Chandler
LMA Gasol
+ Miami 2021 1st
+ 2nd rounders maybe

I think it's a very fun team to watch with good upside. It's all in on Fultz becoming a top player, if they don't see it it makes zero sense, I see it but do they? I just don't want tosb Gay or tosb Chandler starting so I came up with something but dunno, maybe they can get an even better starter at the 3 or maybe I'm dreaming and they get someone even worse.

Sixers get a ridiculous win now team that can switch everything and give the Warriors a run for their money, plus they keep Covington as Kawhi insurance :

Simmons McConnell Mills
Green Redick Mills
Kawhi Smith
Covington Bjelica
Embiid Amir

Chinook
07-15-2018, 08:54 AM
My crackpot trade of the day : https://tradenba.com/trades/BJ47tjd7X

Spurs get :

Murray White
Fultz Manu Walker
Prince Gay Beli
Saric Bertans Chandler
LMA Gasol
+ Miami 2021 1st
+ 2nd rounders maybe

I think it's a very fun team to watch with good upside. It's all in on Fultz becoming a top player, if they don't see it it makes zero sense, I see it but do they? I just don't want tosb Gay or tosb Chandler starting so I came up with something but dunno, maybe they can get an even better starter at the 3 or maybe I'm dreaming and they get someone even worse.

Sixers get a ridiculous win now team that can switch everything and give the Warriors a run for their money, plus they keep Covington as Kawhi insurance :

Simmons McConnell Mills
Green Redick Mills
Kawhi Smith
Covington Bjelica
Embiid Amir

Why the hell is Atlanta in this trade? Prince is doodoo, and they aren't getting a good prospect a second and a pick that could be first-overall for him. Just cut them out and send the rest of those guys where they're already going, which the picks going to SA.

CGD
07-18-2018, 10:55 PM
We need to get something for that Pau contract by the deadline. What teams need to get off money the season after next?

mo7888
07-19-2018, 10:57 AM
We need to get something for that Pau contract by the deadline. What teams need to get off money the season after next?

I agree with your line of thinking. I could see Minnesota and Washington being teams that will need to get off of some salary. I could also see Orlando wanting to make a move albeit for a different reason.

buttsR4rebounding
07-19-2018, 12:55 PM

Only if we get back a nice piece at this point. The Spurs may need the cap room that waiving and stretching or just waiving him will provide after this season. Waiving and stretching has the effect of taking $14 million off the books.

mo7888
07-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Only if we get back a nice piece at this point. The Spurs may need the cap room that waiving and stretching or just waiving him will provide after this season. Waiving and stretching has the effect of taking $14 million off the books.

We probably have a better chance of using that space in a trade than holding it and hoping we can lure a FA next summer when every team out there has room to compete and artificially drive up prices.

SAS=Kawhi
07-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Next Season we won't have cap space regardless so I believe waiving his 6.7M guarantee and not stretching is probably the best option.

CGD
07-19-2018, 09:22 PM

Fair point, but We’d also have to move on from Patty to open enough capspace to be meaningful players next summer. That market is going to be intense with all these 1 year deals being signed this summer.

venitian navigator
07-21-2018, 02:36 AM
My opinion after this awful Kiwhi summer is that we are in a no pleasant situation looking in our present and our future.
For the present we have no perimeter defense...and I know Pop can be creative but he cannot give players suddenly what they have never had (the lack of defense of Mills, Belinelli, Forbes, DDR is scary...at least...expecilly compared to The Green and Kyle defense).
For the future because we don't seem to now to have a young star we can rely upon...LMA is over 30 and DDR is already 28.

That said, I think we should explore the market...but I understand that, expecially after this summer of disillusion, we have to rely on some pieces that still are sold on the System mentality.
That's why, at least for the moment, I see Patty as necessary as much as Manu staying for another year.

That said there are two trades that, if possible, I'd like to make as soon as possible.

a) trade Pau for Wilson Chandler That imho is beneficial for both teams. Gives Pau a chance to be on a real contender and be a focal point for them from the bench. Also insurance in case Embeed need some rest. For us, gives us a real sf with still good defensive skills. He's 31 so maybe, if he buys in the system, he has still some years left...however he expires next season and could be retained depending on how good the season he plays:

b) trade DDR for Wiggins I think DDR should like to be sold to a young and promising team. He didn't look too thrilled to play for us...and I don't want any chance of a possible new drama. If I've seen well, this trade was already likely to happen and has been proposed in any case when DDR was still with Raptors. I know till now Wiggins has looked a little problematic, but take him out of Towns team may be beneficial in that sense. He's still very young and however he is in a 5 years contract with no player option (DDR in a three years with PO in year 3). So I see him grow well under Pop tutelage to the point he could become in time the all star he was supposed to be.

lmbebo
07-22-2018, 04:14 PM
My opinion after this awful Kiwhi summer is that we are in a no pleasant situation looking in our present and our future.
For the present we have no perimeter defense...and I know Pop can be creative but he cannot give players suddenly what they have never had (the lack of defense of Mills, Belinelli, Forbes, DDR is scary...at least...expecilly compared to The Green and Kyle defense).
For the future because we don't seem to now to have a young star we can rely upon...LMA is over 30 and DDR is already 28.

That said, I think we should explore the market...but I understand that, expecially after this summer of disillusion, we have to rely on some pieces that still are sold on the System mentality.
That's why, at least for the moment, I see Patty as necessary as much as Manu staying for another year.

That said there are two trades that, if possible, I'd like to make as soon as possible.

a) trade Pau for Wilson Chandler That imho is beneficial for both teams. Gives Pau a chance to be on a real contender and be a focal point for them from the bench. Also insurance in case Embeed need some rest. For us, gives us a real sf with still good defensive skills. He's 31 so maybe, if he buys in the system, he has still some years left...however he expires next season and could be retained depending on how good the season he plays:

b) trade DDR for Wiggins I think DDR should like to be sold to a young and promising team. He didn't look too thrilled to play for us...and I don't want any chance of a possible new drama. If I've seen well, this trade was already likely to happen and has been proposed in any case when DDR was still with Raptors. I know till now Wiggins has looked a little problematic, but take him out of Towns team may be beneficial in that sense. He's still very young and however he is in a 5 years contract with no player option (DDR in a three years with PO in year 3). So I see him grow well under Pop tutelage to the point he could become in time the all star he was supposed to be.

Much rather have DDR over Wiggins. I'm sure if we wanted Wiggins for B*tch, it would have happened. Wiggins isn't all there in the BBIQ department. He's been a disappoint in relation to his huge contract ... No one wants to touch that mess.

mo7888
07-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Much rather have DDR over Wiggins. I'm sure if we wanted Wiggins for B*tch, it would have happened. Wiggins isn't all there in the BBIQ department. He's been a disappoint in relation to his huge contract ... No one wants to touch that mess.

I would be interested in Wiggins but, not over DD. If we could acquire him for mills + pau + Toronto pick I'd do it to pair him with DD. I think we could turn him into a special player but there is risk there.

venitian navigator
07-23-2018, 10:40 AM
I would be interested in Wiggins but, not over DD. If we could acquire him for mills + pau + Toronto pick I'd do it to pair him with DD. I think we could turn him into a special player but there is risk there.

We need a wing in a bad way. I'm not sure we can land Wiggins with that package, apart maybe in case Mills start the season playing very well and Wiggins very bad. As of now I would send to Minny not only Mills, Pau and Toronto pick, but also our next first for having him.

CGD
07-23-2018, 10:33 PM
Wonder what Lakers would give us to take Deng in a swap with Pau? I’d do Deng + future first for Pau’s contract. Pau can just chill in LA for a year before being cut.

venitian navigator
07-24-2018, 05:24 AM
We need a defensive wing...for absurd, i still think that Toronto could again be a trade partner...they need to free cap space next seasons.
I think they would agree to trade OG if Ibaka is included...on nba trade machine it works Ibaka + OG for Pau, Paul and Manu.
Obviously, I'd do that trade only if Gino retires...

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2018, 07:04 AM
Pau Gasol for Stanley Johnson and Jon Leuer.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Pau Gasol for Stanley Johnson and Jon Leuer.

Would love it but Leuer only has $3 mil more guaranteed money for 2019 than Gasol and it'd be crazy expensive for Detroit to lose Johnson over this. They've managed to stay under the tax for this season already so they're not desperate.

Warlock
08-12-2018, 01:55 AM
I love the current Spurs roster, and we will be better than most so called experts think we will. I believe that we are a top 4 team in the West next year barring significant injuries. However, I believe that we are one Star away from being a championship contender. I think that Hassan Whiteside could be that Star player we need.

I propose that the Spurs trade Gasol, Mills, and Toronto's 2019 protected first pick to Miami for Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow. Miami has been trying to trade Whiteside and his contract (2 years $52mm), but so far have no takers. Gasol and Mills salaries equal those of Whiteside and Winslow for the next two years.

Whiteside was an all-star caliber player two years ago. Injuries slowed him last year and the improvement of Bam Adabayo and Kelly Olynyk make Whiteside expendable at a much cheaper price. Winslow is a 3 and D SF that fills a hole in our roster. We really don't have a backup SF. Winslow might even fit better as a starter with Gay leading the second unit. The only PG on Miami's roster is Goran Dragic. They desperately need a backup PG. They could use Mills.

We would miss Mills as backup PG, but we have White and Forbes who can play PG and are ready to take a larger role this year. They need more minutes to see what they can do. Ginobili can also play backup PG if needed. Mills is good but he is not a star and never will be.

I think this deal would make us competitive for the next two seasons. We could sit back and watch the bloodbath that will be 2019 free agency.

Warlock
08-12-2018, 02:08 AM
I like the idea of trading Gasol for Wilson Chandler. 76ers like Gasol and they think he can help develop Embid and Chandler is only a one year contract. I would rather have DDR than Wiggins and I don't think Minnesota would do the deal anyway. Another deal that we could do would be to trade Mills to Chicago for Robin Lopez. We would need a center if we traded Gasol and Lopez is also on an expiring contract. These two deals would give us cap room to try for a top tier free agent in 2019.

dbestpro
09-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Wow! This place is getting dusty.

Chinook
09-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Wow! This place is getting dusty.

Pretty normal during the off-season. This board's most active leading up to the trade deadline or the draft. After the team's season ends, most free-agent or draft topic find their way onto the main forum.

sasaint
09-20-2018, 04:45 PM
I like the idea of trading Gasol for Wilson Chandler. 76ers like Gasol and they think he can help develop Embid and Chandler is only a one year contract. I would rather have DDR than Wiggins and I don't think Minnesota would do the deal anyway. Another deal that we could do would be to trade Mills to Chicago for Robin Lopez. We would need a center if we traded Gasol and Lopez is also on an expiring contract. These two deals would give us cap room to try for a top tier free agent in 2019.

:tu I am all in on both deals. I especially like RoLo and wouldn’t mind re-signing him.

CGD
09-25-2018, 06:09 PM
I really hope the spurs get something for that Gasol contract by the February deadline. I’d consider taking back Masgov or Mahnmi for a future first from Charlotte or Washington.

Scottstarbuck785
09-30-2018, 12:37 PM
Spurs get
Mahinmi
Smith
Oubre Jr
Draft picks maybe 2020 1st protected
Gets the spurs a SF and depth at the post and youth with the draft
Washington gets
Pau
Patty
Raptors 2019 2nd from KL trade maybe.
Washington get depth at PG and leadership/mature.

Works on espn trade machine not sure how the picks factor in. Doesn't help a ton with our 3pt. Shooting as a team but Oubre jr is a starter at the wing and can play D.

CGD
09-30-2018, 01:01 PM
Spurs get
Mahinmi
Smith
Oubre Jr
Draft picks maybe 2020 1st protected
Gets the spurs a SF and depth at the post and youth with the draft
Washington gets
Pau
Patty
Raptors 2019 2nd from KL trade maybe.
Washington get depth at PG and leadership/mature.

Works on espn trade machine not sure how the picks factor in. Doesn't help a ton with our 3pt. Shooting as a team but Oubre jr is a starter at the wing and can play D.

I like Oubre but he’s about to get paid, and he strikes me as desperate for a move. Taking on Ian’s salary and giving up that pick for a rental seems steep.

Scottstarbuck785
09-30-2018, 02:38 PM
I like Oubre Jr I was unsure if we could get him to stay long term.
Iine up
JP/Ian/metu
LA/Bartans/Smith
Kelly/Gay/BGame
DD/Marco/walker
Murry/White/Forbes

If KOJ signs long term and we give that pick up it makes sense. I he wouldn't sign the yes its steep.
Smith would be a big used very lil
Ian was a spur understands pops system
KOJ is the prize
I'm just throwing out a trade that get us a guy who fits our needs. I doubt we would ever make such a trade wishful thinking.

TD 21
09-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Not bad, but Oubre Jr. isn't Spurs material. I get that he'd be replacing Mills, but why trade a 1st and add $8.5M (remaining guaranteed difference between Gasol and Mahinmi) when they already have a similar type in Walker? Despite Oubre Jr. being plus 2 and 4 in height and wingspan respectively, he lacks the strength to defend big wings who can create their own shot all the same.

Scottstarbuck785
09-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Yeah I understood that there were 2 second rd picks but i was wrong. Either way the picks werent relevant In that scenario and as I stated previously just throwing out a trade for our needs. There are other players I would value more for the wing spot for sure.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

mo7888
10-01-2018, 09:43 AM
If we want an athletic wing that can run and play D I'd keep an eye on Winslow in Miami. If Miami and minny get closer on a butler deal we might be able to work ourselves in as a third team and get Winslow. He'll be expendable and I could see Thibs preferring a vet like Gasol or mills.

Scottstarbuck785
10-01-2018, 12:38 PM
I like Justice he could fit in with our new look for sure

TD 21
10-01-2018, 04:28 PM
If the Timberwolves eventually trade Butler to the Heat, the one piece virtually guaranteed to be part of the return, is Winslow.

A team already short on wings, in a league prioritizing them (outside of the Spurs), isn't giving that up for positionally redundant, overpriced veterans, like Gasol and Mills.

mo7888
10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
If the Timberwolves eventually trade Butler to the Heat, the one piece virtually guaranteed to be part of the return, is Winslow.

A team already short on wings, in a league prioritizing them (outside of the Spurs), isn't giving that up for positionally redundant, overpriced veterans, like Gasol and Mills.

You're giving Thibs to much credit..

CGD
10-04-2018, 09:37 PM
^ i agree re Thibbs. Anyway, for the Wolves the prize is Dragic not Winslow. Problem is they’re rumored to be looking to move Teague to a third team like Phoenix. If Teague goes back in the Miami deal, though, I’d keep an eye on Winslow’s availability for sure.

TD 21
10-06-2018, 05:45 PM
With this Walker injury news, his timeline probably gets pushed back a season and he until proven otherwise, he can't be counted on health wise.

Spurs need to be proactive in finding a credible, stopgap 3 and D wing, as opposed to waiting and hoping Carroll and Ariza get bought out post deadline.

On January 15th (first day Forbes can be traded), they should offer Gasol, Forbes and a 2nd for Bazemore . . .

The Hawks would save nearly $10M for '19-'20, plus whatever Gasol would be willing to give back for the remainder of '18-'19 in a buyout. This would give them another pick to add to their war chest, plus even more cap space to serve as a dumping ground for dead money, as they continue to stockpile picks.

The Spurs would add nearly $10M for '19-'20, but I look at it like this: That's about $1M above what the starting salary will be for the MLE next season and they'd otherwise need to utilize it on a 3 and D wing anyway. This would just expedite the process and balance the roster.

mo7888
10-06-2018, 05:47 PM
With this Walker injury news, his timeline probably gets pushed back a season and he until proven otherwise, he can't be counted on health wise.

Spurs need to be proactive in finding a credible, stopgap 3 and D wing, as opposed to waiting and hoping Carroll and Ariza get bought out post deadline.

On January 15th (first day Forbes can be traded), they should offer Gasol, Forbes and a 2nd for Bazemore . . .

The Hawks would save nearly $10M for '19-'20, plus whatever Gasol would be willing to give back for the remainder of '18-'19 in a buyout. This would give them another pick to add to their war chest, plus even more cap space to serve as a dumping ground for dead money, as they continue to stockpile picks.

The Spurs would add nearly $10M for '19-'20, but I look at it like this: That's about $1M above what the starting salary will be for the MLE next season and they'd otherwise need to utilize it on a 3 and D wing anyway. This would just expedite the process and balance the roster.

I agree with this line of thinking. We should be proactive right now.

CGD
10-07-2018, 09:00 AM
I agree with the instinct, but it’s also a bit of a transition year. The spurs might be best served “trimming the herd” as it were of their stable of young guys this season and seeing if players like blossomgsme White Forbes and Metu are for real, and if not moving on. It’ll also give them a chance to see if Rudy can truly fill the void at SF.

They’ll have a decent sense by the trade deadline, when they can assess the market then. It does feel like a Pau + Raptor Pick might net something decent.

CGD
10-07-2018, 09:45 AM
With big decisions on Middleton and Bledsoe this summer, wonder if Bucks swap Pau’s contract + Raptors Pick to get off 3 years of Snell and DJ Wilson.

Snell fits the LMA and DDR timeline. Slot Snell at the SF with Rudy at the 4, or stay big with Poetl at the 5.

TD 21
10-07-2018, 04:40 PM
They choose to attempt to do both at once: compete while re-building. So with that in mind, as long as the future isn't being mortgaged, they need to fix this roster. They don't need to wait until the trade deadline. It's plain to see this roster is a mess.

Even though Snell lacks confidence, is more of a defender in theory than reality and his contract runs a season longer than I'd prefer, I'd do it.

I doubt the Bucks would though. Sure, his stock is down at the moment, but when more money is freed up league wide next off season and another season has ticked off his contract, he can probably be salary dumped without having to attach an asset. They'd have to be really down on Wilson to trade him for probably the 27th-30th pick.

SAGirl
10-07-2018, 10:46 PM

I have to ask if you don’t see Dante getting minutes this season? He has so far gotten deep bench minutes meaning Pop will rely on Forbes a lot and White.

venitian navigator
10-08-2018, 06:29 AM
with Murray injury we'll probably need someone else as pg...any chance we trade Pau for Dragic? I've tried on nba trade machine a a three way trade that works is:

Miami takes Butler and T. Jones
Minny takes Richardson and Pau
Spurs takes Dragic

TD 21
10-08-2018, 03:48 PM
I have to ask if you don’t see Dante getting minutes this season? He has so far gotten deep bench minutes meaning Pop will rely on Forbes a lot and White.

Cunningham will play by default (and likely at Poeltl's expense) against elite big wings and other ones who can create their own shot.

He's fine as a fringe rotation type, but not nearly good enough to be a starter or part of a best lineup.

BackHome
10-09-2018, 11:55 AM
I think JP will be getting lots of minutes as Gasol is old and will need back to back days off. I don’t see Cunningham getting any time at Center most will be SF/PF.

Namundy
10-09-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm firmly in the camp to make a move. This roster won't get it done as currently constructed. Even with Murray & Walker healthy we were counting on some major steps to reach our ceiling. Now the ceiling has been lowered.

TD 21
10-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Obviously Cunningham won't play center. I meant, in matchups where they're forced to play small, Aldridge will play center, Gasol will back him up, Poeltl will be out of the rotation and he'll be in it.

Occasionally, they'll probably bench Gasol in these matchups under the guise of a "rest game", but that'll only fly so many times before he doesn't play along. Given that this should be his final season as a Spur, they shouldn't care about that, but likely will.

Namundy
10-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Justin Anderson might be a sneaky play. He's currently recovering from surgery but should be available soon.

Bull Spur
10-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Anyone think Terry Rozier would fit?

Bull Spur
10-13-2018, 08:48 PM
y:fishing

Bull Spur
10-13-2018, 08:50 PM
:fishing

BackHome
10-18-2018, 04:22 PM
I wonder who's Alt this is?

TD 21
11-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Johnson is trending the way of Payton. There's been no appreciable progress in 3+ seasons and they probably don't want to commit to him beyond (maybe) his qualifying offer. It's clear he needs a change of scenery.

Spurs were supposedly interested as recently as last season, which means Engelland must be confident he can fix his shot.

He's a long shot to amount to anything worthwhile at this point, but has a near ideal body type (6'6'' - 245 - 7'0'') and given the situation the Spurs have put themselves, is the type of flier worth considering. As a young veteran, he'd also fit with their attempt to serve two masters simultaneously: present and future.

The Pistons need shooting and backup bigs. Bertans and either a 2nd or the rights to Milutinov for Johnson and Ellenson, is worth a shot.

I'd rather not give up on Bertans, but it doesn't look like Pop is ever really going to trust him, which renders him a highly paid insurance policy.

sasaint
11-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Johnson is trending the way of Payton. There's been no appreciable progress in 3+ seasons and they probably don't want to commit to him beyond (maybe) his qualifying offer. It's clear he needs a change of scenery.

Spurs were supposedly interested as recently as last season, which means Engelland must be confident he can fix his shot.

He's a long shot to amount to anything worthwhile at this point, but has a near ideal body type (6'6'' - 245 - 7'0'') and given the situation the Spurs have put themselves, is the type of flier worth considering. As a young veteran, he'd also fit with their attempt to serve two masters simultaneously: present and future.

The Pistons need shooting and backup bigs. Bertans and either a 2nd or the rights to Milutinov for Johnson and Ellenson, is worth a shot.

I'd rather not give up on Bertans, but it doesn't look like Pop is ever really going to trust him, which renders him a highly paid insurance policy.

If PATFO has maintained the consistent interest in Stanley that is generally believed on ST, then perhaps Chip does think he could fix his shot. At this point, however, it is hard for me to tell if PATFO has maintained such interest or the interest is a ST projection.

Drewlius
11-21-2018, 12:40 PM
Mills/Gasol/Pick or Lonnie for Markieff/Oubre/Mahinmi —

Lose playmaking out of the C spot but at least Mahinmi can offer a little rim protection and can move faster than Gasol at this point.

Morris & Oubre are the biggest upgrades for obvious reasons, but mainly toughness is what I consider this team to be truly lacking.

venitian navigator
11-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Mills/Gasol/Pick or Lonnie for Markieff/Oubre/Mahinmi —

Lose playmaking out of the C spot but at least Mahinmi can offer a little rim protection and can move faster than Gasol at this point.

Morris & Oubre are the biggest upgrades for obvious reasons, but mainly toughness is what I consider this team to be truly lacking.

no

palangi
11-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Aldridge, bertans, and toronto first round pick, rights to adam hanga and nikoli milutinov
To new York York
SF kevin Knox
PF/C mitchell robinson
SG courtney Lee
PG Emmanuel Mudiay
Right herzonja is getting more minutes than knox. We take on Lee contact, robinson is an athletic big to develop, mudiay is redundant with ntikilina and Trier. And the have trey Burks getting run. And Ron Baker.

Pau Gasol
to the Lakers for
SF isaac bonga

The Lakers need interior help and pau can help score.
Bonga is a ball handling SF that is behind kuzma and ingram and James.

Mills
To Milwaukee for
SG/SF Tony Snell
Miss gives them bench scoring and would fit great with Antemtakoupa.
Angel gives us a 3&D later on the wing.

PG- Forbes, mudiay, White
SG- Derozan, Bellineli, Lee, Walker
SF- knox, Snell, Bonga
PF- Gay, Cunningham, Metu
C- Poetle, Robinson, Eubanks

BackHome
11-22-2018, 09:15 PM
You lost me as soon as I saw you had Forbes still on our team and as a PG.

sasaint
11-22-2018, 10:26 PM
Aldridge, bertans, and toronto first round pick, rights to adam hanga and nikoli milutinov
To new York York
SF kevin Knox
PF/C mitchell robinson
SG courtney Lee
PG Emmanuel Mudiay
Right herzonja is getting more minutes than knox. We take on Lee contact, robinson is an athletic big to develop, mudiay is redundant with ntikilina and Trier. And the have trey Burks getting run. And Ron Baker.

Pau Gasol
to the Lakers for
SF isaac bonga

The Lakers need interior help and pau can help score.
Bonga is a ball handling SF that is behind kuzma and ingram and James.

Mills
To Milwaukee for
SG/SF Tony Snell
Miss gives them bench scoring and would fit great with Antemtakoupa.
Angel gives us a 3&D later on the wing.

PG- Forbes, mudiay, White
SG- Derozan, Bellineli, Lee, Walker
SF- knox, Snell, Bonga
PF- Gay, Cunningham, Metu
C- Poetle, Robinson, Eubanks

What happens with Dijon?

palangi
11-23-2018, 12:33 AM
You lost me as soon as I saw you had Forbes still on our team and as a PG.

It's just for this year.

Murray and white take over next year and mudiay is trade bait

lmbebo
11-25-2018, 10:36 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-markelle-fultz-no-longer-76ers-long-term-plans-013108592.html

2nd round pick and Mills.

BackHome
11-26-2018, 02:37 PM
If you thought KY was a bitch Fultz is on a whole other level......Not No But Hell No.........

BackHome
11-26-2018, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't mind trying to get Jeremy Lin he is hitting over 50% from 3 he is a UFA after this year with Atlanta.

venitian navigator
01-08-2019, 04:38 AM
I wonder if we have any chance as of now to trade for Stanley Johnson...he's out of the starting lineup for Detroit and, for what I've seen yesterday, deservedly so...looks totally uninspired and out of the Pistons future...
to me he's the kind of player that could benefit from a trade to a team like us, and i've seen him talking briefly to Pop. considering he's in his last year of his rookie contract and that he doesn't seem to be in Pistons (bloated cap) re-signing plans, maybe offer a 2nd round draft choice could give us a chance?

dbestpro
01-09-2019, 06:27 PM
I wonder if we have any chance as of now to trade for Stanley Johnson...he's out of the starting lineup for Detroit and, for what I've seen yesterday, deservedly so...looks totally uninspired and out of the Pistons future...
to me he's the kind of player that could benefit from a trade to a team like us, and i've seen him talking briefly to Pop. considering he's in his last year of his rookie contract and that he doesn't seem to be in Pistons (bloated cap) re-signing plans, maybe offer a 2nd round draft choice could give us a chance?

Totally agree. A would give them a second in a second.

lmbebo
01-20-2019, 08:06 PM
Would love to trade for Johnson.

venitian navigator
02-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Two trades i would do with Washington. First is Pau for Ariza. Second is Cun+Pond+Metu for Dwight Howard.
To me looks like Washington need an experienced big man and has already considered Howard a failed experiment. We, instead, need to get out of the Pau/Poeltl dilemma as soon as possible. They don't want to get rid of Porter and Beal and they can't get rid of Wall...but Ariza is a one season stand and they are plenty of perimeter players...

Thomas82
02-15-2019, 08:42 AM
They choose to attempt to do both at once: compete while re-building. So with that in mind, as long as the future isn't being mortgaged, they need to fix this roster. They don't need to wait until the trade deadline. It's plain to see this roster is a mess.

Even though Snell lacks confidence, is more of a defender in theory than reality and his contract runs a season longer than I'd prefer, I'd do it.

I doubt the Bucks would though. Sure, his stock is down at the moment, but when more money is freed up league wide next off season and another season has ticked off his contract, he can probably be salary dumped without having to attach an asset. They'd have to be really down on Wilson to trade him for probably the 27th-30th pick.

+1

Ocotillo
02-24-2019, 11:17 AM
If the Celtics were willing would it make sense to trade DDR for Gordon Hayward? Both have fat contracts and don't necessarily fit on their respective teams and might benefit from a change?

R. DeMurre
02-24-2019, 09:51 PM
If the Celtics were willing would it make sense to trade DDR for Gordon Hayward? Both have fat contracts and don't necessarily fit on their respective teams and might benefit from a change?

I would do this. Paul George's first year back after his serious injury was decent, but then his 2nd year was a complete return to form. Before his injury, Hayward was consistently a top SF, probably the best of the second tier SFs. His defense was generally about average-- which means it would be much better than DeRozan's-- plus Hayward shoots the three. And SF is his natural position, which would allow White and Murray to get their minutes next year.

BackHome
02-24-2019, 10:01 PM
I love that trade a trade that would benefit both teams.

R. DeMurre
03-03-2019, 03:22 PM
A player I've been watching lately is Orlando's Khem Birch-- he's a restricted free agent this summer, but if the Magic re-sign Vucevic I doubt they'd be willing to pay Birch much with Mo Bamba already there. He's a completely different center from Poeltl, better at switching on smaller players, and might be one of the most under-rated 15-20 mpg bigs out there. Advanced stats absolutely love him. He could be a steal this summer.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/birchkh01.html

MultiTroll
03-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Ja Morant Kinda like DJ Murray?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ZvyDbHHFw

R. DeMurre
03-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Another player I find interesting is Nemanja Bjelica of the Kings-- he's a combo forward shooting over 40% from three the last two seasons. He's on a reasonable contract, but Sacramento has a bunch of young players like Bagley & Giles who will get more minutes next year, so he might be considered expendable if the right trade came along. Bjelica is pretty similar to Bertans, but with slightly better numbers in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. An occasional line up of something like Aldridge, Bertans, Bjelica, White, Murray would be interesting, giving the Spurs two 6'10" shooters and clearing the paint for Aldridge.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Nemanja+Bjelica&player_id1_select=Nemanja+Bjelica&y1=2019&player_id1=bjeline01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Davis+Bertans&player_id2_select=Davis+Bertans&y2=2019&player_id2=bertada01&idx=players

CGD
04-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Rank these young “assets” 1-9 (one being best)

J. Tatum
L. Ball
J. Brown
B. Ingram
Lonnie Walker
T. Rossier
DeJaunte Murray
K. Kuzma
Derrick White

spurraider21
04-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Tatum
White
Ingram
Brown
Murray
Kuzma
Walker
Rozier
Ball

UNT Eagles 2016
04-30-2019, 09:25 PM
Bring Kawhi home

BackHome
05-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Cali bound

montgod
05-15-2019, 12:53 AM
Interesting... Josh Jackson as a trade target
https://www.google.com/amp/s/airalamo.com/2019/05/14/san-antonio-spurs-trade-josh-jackson/amp/

sasaint
05-15-2019, 03:41 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/airalamo.com/2019/05/14/san-antonio-spurs-trade-josh-jackson/amp/

Pop ain’t trading the torch-bearer of Spurs culture for an under-achiever who just got arrested.

venitian navigator
05-16-2019, 01:22 AM
not for Mills...also the difference in salaries is too much and they are gonne solve their pg problems in the coming draft and free agency. But something like Belinelli, rights to Milutinov and a second round draft choice could be intersting for the Suns. Gives them a very good 3 point shooter for the bench, a young big they can sign with the mle and a draft choice...

mo7888
05-16-2019, 08:34 PM
not for Mills...also the difference in salaries is too much and they are gonne solve their pg problems in the coming draft and free agency. But something like Belinelli, rights to Milutinov and a second round draft choice could be intersting for the Suns. Gives them a very good 3 point shooter for the bench, a young big they can sign with the mle and a draft choice...

I agree with you...

CGD
05-17-2019, 07:29 PM

Dude, these guys with the way misleading headline titles.

venitian navigator
05-19-2019, 09:33 AM
four/five trades if teams are interested, as lookes they are, to trade their mid/low lottery choices and if we really interested in trading for a top 8/12 draft choice like looks we are:

With Hawks
Beli/Forbas/Bertans + n° 29 for n° 8 + Bazemore

or without n° 29 for n° 10 + Bazemore

with Wizards

Beli+Forbes+Bertans for n° 9 + Mahinmi

with Wolves

Beli + Forbes + Bertans for n° 11 + Dieng

With Hornets

Beli + Forbes + Bertans for n° 12 + Zeller/Biyombo

mo7888
05-19-2019, 03:01 PM
four/five trades if teams are interested, as lookes they are, to trade their mid/low lottery choices and if we really interested in trading for a top 8/12 draft choice like looks we are:

With Hawks

with Wizards

with Wolves

With Hornets

I'd do either Atlanta trade.

RC_Drunkford
05-20-2019, 08:51 AM

With Hawks

with Wizards

with Wolves

With Hornets

I been wanting Bazemore since before the trade deadline. His numbers are very similar to Forbes, but he's a good defender. Would fill a need and we can move up. I'd do that one ASAP

mo7888
05-20-2019, 09:35 AM
I been wanting Bazemore since before the trade deadline. His numbers are very similar to Forbes, but he's a good defender. Would fill a need and we can move up. I'd do that one ASAP

Yes, if a deal like that was on the table from Atlanta it makes too much sense to pass.

pad300
05-20-2019, 09:51 AM

With Hawks

with Wizards

with Wolves

With Hornets

I think you are really over-valuing the beli-forbes-bertans combo...

venitian navigator
05-20-2019, 06:46 PM
I think you are really over-valuing the beli-forbes-bertans combo...

maybe...but in a three point main weapon era, the trio can give a good amount of fire power...we're talking of two of the best three point shooters in nba last regular season and one ex 3 point shooting winner just some years ago...
Thinking of Bertans, he could be really valuable in an up tempo team like the Hawks...

spurraider21
05-21-2019, 04:54 PM
Miller for Bowen+Oberto (with Wolves waiving Bowen).
Re-sign Bowen.
Sign Pachulia (whom I think is the most reasonable choice for a big), McDyess, or Gortat, Nichols, and Gist.

C Pachulia/McDyess/Gortat|Thomas
PF Duncan|Mahinmi|Bonner
SF Miller|Bowen|Gist
SG Mason|Manu|Nichols
PG Parker|Hill
ban this man

venitian navigator
05-22-2019, 03:01 AM
just to complete the picture, also Miami could be a team interested in the Beli-Forbes-Bertans package...considering they have 20 millions Anderson contract for next season.
So Beli-Forbes-Bertans for Anderson + 13th draft choice could be a possible trade...

rascal
05-22-2019, 05:26 PM
just to complete the picture, also Miami could be a team interested in the Beli-Forbes-Bertans package...considering they have 20 millions Anderson contract for next season.
So Beli-Forbes-Bertans for Anderson + 13th draft choice could be a possible trade...

Forget it Nobody is going to trade a lottery pick for the Spurs worst players.

rascal
05-22-2019, 05:30 PM
If you want a lottery pick now you should have not been rooting for the Spurs to make the playoffs.

BackHome
05-23-2019, 12:41 AM
Ouch. Lol

Sophia19513
05-23-2019, 04:29 AM
Honestly, it's time for the Spurs to think seriously about how they are building this roster.

venitian navigator
05-28-2019, 02:57 AM
Is it possible to trade just for the RFA rights of a player?

mo7888
05-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Is it possible to trade just for the RFA rights of a player?

I don't believe you can trade for a player who has already become a RFA unless it is some kind of sign and trade where the RFA is agreeing to a new contract.

venitian navigator
07-28-2019, 03:21 AM
two trades i'd like to make and that could have a chance to be accepted from the other team:

trade a) LMA + Metu for Gordon + Bamba

why we do that : we need front line help and expecially without LMA a one for two trade makes sense. Gordon and Bamba are both Texas guys, are young and could both be developed better by our training staff; they both are good at running the court so they could mesh well with our young and athletic new back court (Murray/Forbes or White/Walker); Gordon has a big and long contract but more than manageable and also descending in value; Bamba is under rookie deal for other two seasons and then on rfa rules.

Why Orlando should accept that:

Once signed Vucevic to a long term deal they elected him as their only reliable all star player and decided to make of him their starting center for the four years to come...in few words they decided against giving Bamba the perspective to be their near future starting center; the re-signing of Birch as a bench center (he played well last season) goes in that direction too: so Bamba is higly expendable. The young guy they seem to put their money on is Isaac and they are developing his body in the sense of making of him a power forward...and that makes Gordon, who has not reached the ceiling he was supposed to reach, more than expendable too. What they lack more than all, being a play offs team in the eastern, is a reliable star on offense. LMA fits the bill...a four big man squad od Vuc, LMA, Isaac and Birch is probably the top in the eastern and quite guarantee not only a play off position but a chance to the ECF for at least next two years (and also gives them the chance to compete with the front lines of Philly - Howard/Embiid - and Milwaukee - Antetokumpo/Lopez).

trade b) DDR and Belli for Wiggins - Covington and a first round pick

Why we do that: in one word, stability. Both guys are signed for the long term (also if for too much money, in Wiggins case)...they fit the same line as the trade made before (younger, more apt tu run the court) and if ther's one organization that can have a chance to improve or develop Wiggins in the right way, psicologically first of all, is ours...the guy has the right skills but the wrong mentality...for him is sort of a last chance to show something near the expectations everybody had when he was drafted after he's been, to say the least, delusional. Plus Covington, if not injured, could give us some needed defense.

why Minny could do that : they need, like Orlando, a reliable second star and some outside shooting. They also need some back up play making and, in this wiew, the new and better version of DDR fits the bill perfecly. Plus last two draft picks (Okogie and Culver) are both on the wings/back court...and Culver (not their original draft plan) should be one of the most nba ready of the rookies so he's expected to start at some point during the season. Just for this Wiggins, whose market value is an all time low, is more than expendable and in fact looks like they are actively trying to trade him (and his contract...that is actually seen, as of now, one of the worst in the entire nba...just for this expend a first round pick to download that contract makes perfect sense for them). And Covington, after a bad and injured season, looks to be expendable too.

venitian navigator
07-28-2019, 03:58 AM
I don't believe you can trade for a player who has already become a RFA unless it is some kind of sign and trade where the RFA is agreeing to a new contract.

thanks...sorry for being late!

mo7888
09-28-2019, 10:38 AM
I'm hearing a soft rumor about Jaylen Brown wanting to be moved from Boston and SA being a preferred destination. It's a soft rumor right now but theres nothing going on right now on the board to speak of so I thought I'd put it out there.

RC_Drunkford
10-02-2019, 12:51 PM
I'm hearing a soft rumor about Jaylen Brown wanting to be moved from Boston and SA being a preferred destination. It's a soft rumor right now but theres nothing going on right now on the board to speak of so I thought I'd put it out there.

he's my prime target for next offseason and I think there should be mutual interest from both parties to make that happen. I just doubt that it happens via trade

mo7888
10-03-2019, 09:16 AM
he's my prime target for next offseason and I think there should be mutual interest from both parties to make that happen. I just doubt that it happens via trade

I could see a scenario where we gave them belli, a pick, and either DJ or DW for him if pop is really enamored with him. Boston might do that if they feel like the relationship with brown could go south. It also would open up a roster spot for us to use later in the season.

RC_Drunkford
10-03-2019, 11:08 AM
I could see a scenario where we gave them belli, a pick, and either DJ or DW for him if pop is really enamored with him. Boston might do that if they feel like the relationship with brown could go south. It also would open up a roster spot for us to use later in the season.

would make sense, but then again ideally you wouldn't want to give up anybody for him. He will be a free agent next offseason. If DeRozan opts out we can sign him just like that and there won't be a lot of teams with cap space

mo7888
10-03-2019, 11:35 AM
would make sense, but then again ideally you wouldn't want to give up anybody for him. He will be a free agent next offseason. If DeRozan opts out we can sign him just like that and there won't be a lot of teams with cap space

He will be a RFA, Boston isn't going to let him walk without compensation, so you have to decide if he's worth giving something up for (and how much) and if you determine he is then the case to do something sooner comes into play.

objective
10-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Marco + a 2nd rounder for Bjelica. Marco expiring, Bjelica unguaranteed for next season.

Spurs need a spacing big. Bjelica probably will feel the squeeze in a Kings rotation that will feature Dedmon, Bagley, Giles and Richaun Holmes plus smallball 4 minutes from Barnes and Ariza.

Maybe a second isn't incentive enough

FrostKing
10-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Bar overrun with loud fatball fans watching Rams

TD 21
10-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Marco + a 2nd rounder for Bjelica. Marco expiring, Bjelica unguaranteed for next season.

Spurs need a spacing big. Bjelica probably will feel the squeeze in a Kings rotation that will feature Dedmon, Bagley, Giles and Richaun Holmes plus smallball 4 minutes from Barnes and Ariza.

Maybe a second isn't incentive enough

Yeah, I've got my eye on Marvin Williams first and him second, but a 2nd (probably a 50ish pick) more than likely isn't enough.

In both cases, those teams are going to have to see some measure of value in Lyles. For the Hornets, who are entering into a re-build, it makes sense to take a look at players like him (and do right by Williams, a respected veteran who's played there a relatively long time). For the Kings, it could be more so about alleviating a log jam and getting something for a player who's unlikely to want to return.

Belinelli, Lyles and a 2nd for Williams or Lyles and a 2nd for Bjelica.

CGD
10-21-2019, 09:09 PM
He will be a RFA, Boston isn't going to let him walk without compensation, so you have to decide if he's worth giving something up for (and how much) and if you determine he is then the case to do something sooner comes into play.

Saw Jaylen extended today. Is there a scenario where he could still be moved? (Not sure if there are bars to trading a player the same year he’s extended).

I can see a scenario where the Cs struggle out the gate (Hayward continues to underwhelm, Tatum has a repeat of last year, they miss Kyrie more than they’d like to admit, etc.) and want to shake things up. Something like this could be interesting:

DDR + White + pick
for
Hayward + Brown

would be interesting.

RC_Drunkford
10-22-2019, 11:26 AM
not with that contract. Brown is overpaid unless he reaches All-Star level

mo7888
10-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Saw Jaylen extended today. Is there a scenario where he could still be moved? (Not sure if there are bars to trading a player the same year he’s extended).

I can see a scenario where the Cs struggle out the gate (Hayward continues to underwhelm, Tatum has a repeat of last year, they miss Kyrie more than they’d like to admit, etc.) and want to shake things up. Something like this could be interesting:

DDR + White + pick
for
Hayward + Brown

would be interesting.

He was extended he's under the poison pill provision for a year. So, the team trading would have to have a lot of cap room available at the time of trade. It's almost impossible...at the least its unrealistic for a year.

TD 21
10-27-2019, 04:48 PM
To Celtics: Drummond, Carroll
To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter
To Spurs: Hayward, Thomas or Mykhailiuk

Or

To Celtics: Drummond, Galloway, Morris, Thomas or Mykhailiuk
To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter, Carroll, Green
To Spurs: Hayward, Ojeleye

mo7888
10-30-2019, 09:47 AM
To Celtics: Drummond, Carroll
To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter
To Spurs: Hayward, Thomas or Mykhailiuk

Or

To Celtics: Drummond, Galloway, Morris, Thomas or Mykhailiuk
To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter, Carroll, Green
To Spurs: Hayward, Ojeleye

I'm not sure that makes us better. I do like the Hayward fit better but, he's more expensive and I'm not sure we'd be able to keep him this summer.

TD 21
10-30-2019, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure that makes us better. I do like the Hayward fit better but, he's more expensive and I'm not sure we'd be able to keep him this summer.

I should have clarified: It would have to be dependant on Hayward returning at least close to form. If he can, then he's a much better fit. Long term, he likely won't be more expensive (in the interim, the money in/out is similar) and I doubt he'd go anywhere because of the potential on/off court fit.

mo7888
10-30-2019, 04:53 PM
I should have clarified: It would have to be dependant on Hayward returning at least close to form. If he can, then he's a much better fit. Long term, he likely won't be more expensive (in the interim, the money in/out is similar) and I doubt he'd go anywhere because of the potential on/off court fit.

If we were confident we could keep him I wouldn't be against it..

TD 21
10-30-2019, 05:38 PM
If we were confident we could keep him I wouldn't be against it..

There's very few spots in the league where can he play for a winner and probably be something like a co go-to guy.

If it were to work out well, presuming the Spurs made a competitive offer, there's no reason to think he'd leave.

mo7888
10-30-2019, 07:46 PM
There's very few spots in the league where can he play for a winner and probably be something like a co go-to guy.

If it were to work out well, presuming the Spurs made a competitive offer, there's no reason to think he'd leave.

I'm not sure about that. I could be wrong but, I believe I read that his wife has a lot of say about what city they live in.

mo7888
11-01-2019, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure what it would take to get him but, the guy I'd really like to add to this young core is OG Anunoby. I think hes a perfect compliment going forward.

CGD
11-01-2019, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure what it would take to get him but, the guy I'd really like to add to this young core is OG Anunoby. I think hes a perfect compliment going forward.

Yeah, as much as I like Jakob still salty that spurs couldnt get him in DDR trade.

mo7888
11-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Yeah, as much as I like Jakob still salty that spurs couldnt get him in DDR trade.

I feel the same

TD 21
11-04-2019, 04:40 PM
The Raptors weren't giving up Anunoby then, they're not giving him up now. Unless the Spurs foolishly re-sign DeRozan, essentially picking him over White and offer White and Carroll for Covington, there's probably no path to a pure 3 and D SF/combo forward.

If they correctly pick White over DeRozan, I'm not sure that type would be best with Murray-White. Crazier things have happened, but neither project as go-to scorers. Having someone else who can play off of them, yet assist with shot creation/play making is probably best for now . . .

To Magic: DeRozan, Burton
To Thunder: Aminu*, Belinelli, Lyles*, Magic lottery protected 1st
To Spurs: Fournier, Gallinari

* Eligible December 15th.

CGD
11-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Seeing how the early season has started for some of the hyped middling teams — DEN, Utah, Houston, blazers — I think spurs may feel they have a shot to land in the top 4 in the West. In that world I think they’re more of a lock to stand pat for better or worse.

mo7888
11-05-2019, 07:31 PM
The Raptors weren't giving up Anunoby then, they're not giving him up now. Unless the Spurs foolishly re-sign DeRozan, essentially picking him over White and offer White and Carroll for Covington, there's probably no path to a pure 3 and D SF/combo forward.

If they correctly pick White over DeRozan, I'm not sure that type would be best with Murray-White. Crazier things have happened, but neither project as go-to scorers. Having someone else who can play off of them, yet assist with shot creation/play making is probably best for now . . .

To Magic: DeRozan, Burton
To Thunder: Aminu*, Belinelli, Lyles*, Magic lottery protected 1st
To Spurs: Fournier, Gallinari

* Eligible December 15th.

I would love that trade... love it.... I doubt out FO has the creativity to get in on a trade like that though.

mo7888
11-06-2019, 12:52 PM
We need something creative that involves real nba players(I love TD 21's proposal). Two guys I see that are available out there are Myles Turner with indy and Gallo with okc. Indy's head coach and FO like LMA, so build something around him and get Turner. OKC is collecting draft picks, so build something around our 1st (even if it has to happen after December 15th.) Derozen and DJ would look much better if you had these two guys spacing the floor. Turner is on a good contract and is young with some athleticism. Let's turn the page and do something...it's past time...

TD 21
11-07-2019, 05:37 PM
To Hornets: DeRozan, Burton
To Thunder: Monk, Williams, Lyles
To Spurs: Gallinari, Kidd-Gilchrist

The Hornets should be re-building, but I'm not sure they actually are and considering how low they appear to be on Monk, I'm not sure it matters in this case.

The Thunder, obviously it would depend on whether they like Monk enough to punt on the pick in the 20s they could get for Gallinari from the Trail Blazers or whoever.

The Spurs would get much closer to positionally balanced.

CGD
11-07-2019, 11:28 PM
^ I get then Interest in Gallo, but I’m in the camp that if you’re making a trade it’s to acquire young cost controlled building blocks. A Gallo trade suggests the spurs think they can make a run this year (I just don’t see that). Maybe if it’s a Gay/Belli for Gallo swap, but then is it worth the pick if you can get Gallo a full MLE offer this summer?

Miles Turner on the other hand is exactly the type of player I’d cash in (out?) the LMA or DDR chip for. In that scenario using a 1st, if it came to it, would make sense too. DJ-White-Turner core starts to looks interesting for the next 4 years. And, you hope you can hit on one of Walker or Luka too.

mo7888
11-08-2019, 10:48 AM
^ I get then Interest in Gallo, but I’m in the camp that if you’re making a trade it’s to acquire young cost controlled building blocks. A Gallo trade suggests the spurs think they can make a run this year (I just don’t see that). Maybe if it’s a Gay/Belli for Gallo swap, but then is it worth the pick if you can get Gallo a full MLE offer this summer?

Miles Turner on the other hand is exactly the type of player I’d cash in (out?) the LMA or DDR chip for. In that scenario using a 1st, if it came to it, would make sense too. DJ-White-Turner core starts to looks interesting for the next 4 years. And, you hope you can hit on one of Walker or Luka too.

I can go either way. I really like the Turner deal if we are giving up LMA. As for Gallo, I don't think the MLE will get him next summer. I also think his shooting and spacing at the 4 dramatically alters the team this year and that we could make a legitimate run. We'd need some help but the lakers will probably have an injury (Davis seems to get hurt every year). Clippers will be hard to beat (even with shooting) but we'd at least have a chance if we could catch a couple breaks. I wouldn't give up any good young players but I would give the pick this year because I don't really want to add another rookie next year. Belli+Lyles+Carroll+ 1st would do it.

TD 21
11-08-2019, 04:37 PM
A Gallinari trade isn't about "making a run this year" (though it could marginally increase the odds). It's about maximizing Murray/White and reorienting/balancing the team, while continuing along the same trajectory.

Of course a young, building block type like Turner would be preferable, but that's not happening. Aldridge and DeRozan don't have that kind of value. The centerpiece of a return for them is probably a lottery protected 1st or a B prospect, who's value has either plateaued or is diminishing.

CGD
11-08-2019, 08:14 PM
A Gallinari trade isn't about "making a run this year" (though it could marginally increase the odds). It's about maximizing Murray/White and reorienting/balancing the team, while continuing along the same trajectory.

Of course a young, building block type like Turner would be preferable, but that's not happening. Aldridge and DeRozan don't have that kind of value. The centerpiece of a return for them is probably a lottery protected 1st or a B prospect, who's value has either plateaued or is diminishing.

Well I think they can satisfy your criteria: a pick likely in the mid teens (effectively same as lotto protected) and B star who fits with their scheme for next two years (LMA next to Sabonis makes sense).

TD 21
11-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Well I think they can satisfy your criteria: a pick likely in the mid teens (effectively same as lotto protected) and B star who fits with their scheme for next two years (LMA next to Sabonis makes sense).

Why would the Pacers give up an 11 year younger center, when they have no chance of contending? Turner makes more sense next to Sabonis, because he's a superior floor spacer/rim protector to Aldridge.

mo7888
11-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Why would the Pacers give up an 11 year younger center, when they have no chance of contending? Turner makes more sense next to Sabonis, because he's a superior floor spacer/rim protector to Aldridge.

It's rumored by several nba insiders that indy doesn't like turner and sabonis on the floor together and that they are willing to move turner. I've not heard what they want but, Kevin Pritchard is known to like Aldridge. It's not out of the question that we could pull off that trade if we want to.

CGD
11-10-2019, 11:00 AM
^ yeah it’s a weird fit. But more importantly, absent a change, that’s the fit they’ve committed big time money too for the next 4 years. LMAs contract is better, though, I agree Pacers would probably need more than LMA and pick in the teens.

And, as much as a love most of the young guys, the spurs are going to have to consolidate assets at some point. I can see Forbes, Jakob, Lyles, and even Lonnie and Johnson as chips to enhance the roster.

TD 21
11-10-2019, 12:21 PM
To Pistons: DeRozan, Carroll*, Burton
To Thunder: Jackson**, Lyles*, Pistons lottery protected 1st
To Spurs: Gallinari, Snell, Galloway**

* Eligible December 15th
** To be rerouted or bought out

Pistons get a go-to perimeter type to ease the burden on Griffin and a cheaper, older version or Snell to somewhat alleviate the cost of Jackson/a starting PG to DeRozan going forward. Knight could be a buyout candidate.

Thunder add a likely mid round pick to the treasure trove and a still young PF showing flashes of decency.

Spurs get desperately needed positional balance/floor spacing, paving the way for Murray/White to play some together and more period.

It's rumored by several nba insiders that indy doesn't like turner and sabonis on the floor together and that they are willing to move turner. I've not heard what they want but, Kevin Pritchard is known to like Aldridge. It's not out of the question that we could pull off that trade if we want to.

Maybe, but Aldridge would be a worse fit with Sabonis than Turner. I'm not saying there's no chance they move Turner period, I'm saying there's no chance they move him for Aldridge. Even if the Spurs attached a 1st, the Pacers are already slated to get a pick in similar range.

CGD
11-10-2019, 07:43 PM
^ I like the framework, but personally I’d add some additional assets to pry Sekou. So, perhaps instead of DET sending the pick to OKC it’s the spurs to get something like:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wtd3adz

CGD
11-19-2019, 10:30 PM
I’ll leave this here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/amp/lamarcus_aldridge_could_be_trade_possibility_for_c eltics/s1_127_30585248

Excessive Egotist
11-23-2019, 03:41 PM
^ I like the framework, but personally I’d add some additional assets to pry Sekou. So, perhaps instead of DET sending the pick to OKC it’s the spurs to get something like:

This is a smart trade.

Excessive Egotist
11-23-2019, 03:57 PM
If Spurs clean house, the goal should be to flip Aldridge, DeRozan, Mills, Forbes, and Gay for a cap reset, 2 picks, and 2 prospects. Carroll and Lyles can be used as cap filler. I'd like to see them hold on to everyone else and develop them over the balance of the season while "positioning" themselves for a high lottery pick.

I'm afraid the Spurs might instead try to flip some of their young players for more veterans to play alongside Aldridge and DeRozan. The fear is real.

I'd much rather see deals like Aldridge for Bazemore and Little. Or Mills for Exum and a first. Forbes for Wes Matthews and a first. Gay for Tyler Johnson and a first.

CGD
11-24-2019, 09:36 AM
^ agree with approach.

I’d be happy if in a three way DET-SAS-ORL trade the Spurs net Sekou, Bamba, and DET’s 1st (with DDR going to ORL and Gordon to DET). Might require Spurs taking on some non-expiring contracts back from DET as filler, but that should be the approach— find youngster with potential to either develop or subsequently flip to add to what should be decent picks of their own in next 2 years.

mo7888
11-24-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm leaning more towards moving either DDR or LMA but not both and not tanking. I still want to get Myles Turner for Aldridge but, here's another route I'd consider:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=votznvq

CGD
11-24-2019, 06:07 PM
I’m kinda leaning the other direction these days, flip both in two separate trade with BOS and ORL:

Out: DDR (Orlando), LMA (Boston)
In: Gordon, Hayward, Bamba, BOS 1st

(Filler as necessary, etc.)

I prefer having Hayward as a subsequently flippable asset than DDR, but can see a three way deal where Hayward is routed to ORL and Spurs hang on to DDR. Risk is Hayward leaving which would merit some compensation from BOS

CGD
11-25-2019, 07:27 PM
Some interesting and realistic LMA trade ideas in this piece:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/11/25/nba-trade-rumors-top-5-best-destinations-for-lamarcus-aldridge/

mo7888
11-26-2019, 12:21 AM
Some interesting and realistic LMA trade ideas in this piece:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/11/25/nba-trade-rumors-top-5-best-destinations-for-lamarcus-aldridge/

Good find..

CGD
12-05-2019, 11:28 AM
A few other LMA teams I hadn’t heard before: kings, nugs, and suns

https://hoopshype.com/2019/12/01/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-value/?utm_source=affref&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fadeaway

mo7888
12-05-2019, 10:58 PM
A few other LMA teams I hadn’t heard before: kings, nugs, and suns

https://hoopshype.com/2019/12/01/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-value/?utm_source=affref&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fadeaway

It's hard for me to see a nuggets trade that works for us. Phoenix is also kinda tough, I assume Johnson's expiring plus Saric and either a 1st, ayton, or one of their young sf's. Kings I'd guess would be Barnes plus bogdanovic for LMA, Bello, and Forbes.

CGD
12-07-2019, 01:00 PM
It's hard for me to see a nuggets trade that works for us. Phoenix is also kinda tough, I assume Johnson's expiring plus Saric and either a 1st, ayton, or one of their young sf's. Kings I'd guess would be Barnes plus bogdanovic for LMA, Bello, and Forbes.

The ideal nugget trade would be something like Milsap’s massive expiring (who LMA would be replacing) and Porter for LMA and one of our young pieces (white?). I love Derrick but it feels that between the three of him, Lonnie, and Murray he’s the one that moves on first.

Murray
Lonnie
Porter
Luka
Jakob

Good looking core for next 3 years.

CGD
12-07-2019, 02:07 PM
On Suns I think Johnson’s Salary, Bridges, and Saric seems reasonable.

Bridges would give Spurs their 3D SF to compliment a Murray-Walker backcourt. Not a fan that Saric can walk next summer but at least they have bird rights if they have to make a bigger than expected offer.

mo7888
12-07-2019, 02:58 PM
On Suns I think Johnson’s Salary, Bridges, and Saric seems reasonable.

Bridges would give Spurs their 3D SF to compliment a Murray-Walker backcourt. Not a fan that Saric can walk next summer but at least they have bird rights if they have to make a bigger than expected offer.

I'd be more inclined to do the suns trade over the nuggets trade. I'm not sold on porter's health enough to trade white for him. The Suns makes more sense to me.

sasaint
12-08-2019, 02:48 PM

One of the better suggested trades I have seen here.

How do I imbed a trade machine link in a ST post?

LCM
12-08-2019, 04:25 PM

If the Spurs sent a 2nd rounder in 2021, and a 1st in 2023 might do it. With Dec. 15th coming, the injuries Orlando has suffered to Aminu and Vucevic making it next to impossible that they will deal Gordon, this trade makes so much sense. OKC gets tons of cap relief which translates to luxury tax relief at the end of year. You have the chance, if you are the Spurs, to gauge LMA trade value, open more minutes for young guards to play, and get the small forward/wing you are going to need to win in the NBA in the future. Plus, the sooner you can do this trade, the longer you will have with Gallo to try and convince him to sign a moderate extension with you. Gallo's game is something Luka would have the opportunity to learn from and copy for his growth and mentorship.

According to ESPN, for what that's worth, the Spurs opened with the 2nd easiest schedule to this point. And they are 9-14. They will have the 10th hardest from this point on according to the same source. This season is a wash. This needs to be looked at as a major transition and transforming year. The playoffs don't need to be prioritized. Developing players games, chemistry, and the style of play that the Spurs are going to play in the future should be on the forefront. This trade is a great and realistic step in that direction. Great option!

CGD
12-11-2019, 07:17 AM
If only we were the gms and not lowly fans, lol.

It occurs to me the Rudy is trade eligible soon. O’Conner suggested in his piece that he might have trade value. What to you think he’d realistically fetch?

mo7888
12-12-2019, 09:00 AM

It occurs to me the Rudy is trade eligible soon. O’Conner suggested in his piece that he might have trade value. What to you think he’d realistically fetch?

I could see a team that thinks they can make a run in the east maybe giving up something for him. If Miami thinks he's a better playoff fit as a veteran next to butler than Winslow is making a trade. Detroit might be interested, Snell and a small asset or (in a bigger package) Snell + doumbouya or a 1st for Rudy + White.

mo7888
12-12-2019, 09:16 AM

This got me thinking about Detroit.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=r7dnhvw
It let's us look for trades for DDR and LMA and reset. Ntikilina plays the backup PG and on the wing while we get a free look to see if we can salvage an athletic high pick that hasn't lived up to his potential in ny.

mo7888
12-14-2019, 11:01 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=s9mjohv

I know we'd probably never do this but, what do you think? It let's us rebuild and give Pop a chance to re-boot on this season. I assume we'd need to send another asset to okc, maybe 2nd or future 1st in 2022.

Excessive Egotist
12-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Bobby Marks thinks the 76ers will be one of the team's offering a first for Davis Bertans. If this is the case, I'd think the Spurs could offer a package of Forbes + Belinelli in return for a first. Brett Brown and Beli get along well and Marco has played well in Philly previously. Spurs could ask for Philly's 2021 first (projected 25-30) and/or this year's Knicks second round pick (projected 31-33), which Philly owns.

Forbes + Beli for pick(s), Bolden, and Zhaire Smith is probably a yes from Philly. This would improve San Antonio's team defense (by virtue of Walker assuming Forbes and Marco's minutes) and provide good compensation for Forbes in advance of his free agency. Smith and Bolden would spend the rest of the year in Austin and battle for a roster spot next camp.

mo7888
12-14-2019, 04:35 PM
An article of interest

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/12/14/nba-trade-deadline-candidates-chris-paul-demar-derozan-kevin-love/2649477001/

mo7888
12-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Bobby Marks thinks the 76ers will be one of the team's offering a first for Davis Bertans. If this is the case, I'd think the Spurs could offer a package of Forbes + Belinelli in return for a first. Brett Brown and Beli get along well and Marco has played well in Philly previously. Spurs could ask for Philly's 2021 first (projected 25-30) and/or this year's Knicks second round pick (projected 31-33), which Philly owns.

Forbes + Beli for pick(s), Bolden, and Zhaire Smith is probably a yes from Philly. This would improve San Antonio's team defense (by virtue of Walker assuming Forbes and Marco's minutes) and provide good compensation for Forbes in advance of his free agency. Smith and Bolden would spend the rest of the year in Austin and battle for a roster spot next camp.

I'm pretty sure philly would only do that if they strike out on bertans. He's much more valuable than forbes+belli. I may decreasing your post wrong though, you might be talking about philly doing this after they acquire Bertans?

Excessive Egotist
12-14-2019, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty sure philly would only do that if they strike out on bertans. He's much more valuable than forbes+belli. I may decreasing your post wrong though, you might be talking about philly doing this after they acquire Bertans?

Thinking more about scenarios if Philly missed on Bertans. But looking at salaries, it could be a both/and. Philly has enough picks and salary filler to pursue Bertans and Forbes.

mo7888
12-14-2019, 04:53 PM
Thinking more about scenarios if Philly missed on Bertans. But looking at salaries, it could be a both/and. Philly has enough picks and salary filler to pursue Bertans and Forbes.

Philly would be very dangerous if they can add that much shooting.

CGD
12-15-2019, 09:14 PM
An article of interest

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/12/14/nba-trade-deadline-candidates-chris-paul-demar-derozan-kevin-love/2649477001/

A nice little primer/summary, thx.

Liking DET as a DDR Lansing spot with most intriguing packages being either around Dembouya or Kennard+1st. Depends what spurs value higher.

Excessive Egotist
12-15-2019, 10:45 PM
It seems like the current market won't give up a first round pick unless it's part of big package for an elite player (Leonard, George, Davis) or for an NBA starter + unloading a bad contract. Lowe suggests that Kevin Love could command a first, which surprises me. I'm very skeptical. His contract is so bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs would have to attach an asset. But if Lowe is correct, it would mean Aldridge should command a first. I'd be content and not surprised if the best the market will provide for Aldridge or DDR is a young player and a second round pick.

I doubt the Spurs make any moves, even though they obviously should. If they do, I'm as intrigued to see what they get back as I am to see who they get back.

CGD
12-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Leaving here. Can’t get behind the pay wall for the full article but apparently Hollinger muses about DDR going back to TOR.

https://theathletic.com/1458274/2019/12/13/hollinger-five-key-questions-when-it-comes-to-this-years-trade-market/

Excessive Egotist
12-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Leaving here. Can’t get behind the pay wall for the full article but apparently Hollinger muses about DDR going back to TOR.

https://theathletic.com/1458274/2019/12/13/hollinger-five-key-questions-when-it-comes-to-this-years-trade-market/

He does the same thing on his latest podcast with Nate Duncan--their Western Conference Mailbag episode. There he says DDR doesn't have much trade value, doesn't see more than a few teams who'd have interest, and speculates Magic might not give up more than expiring contracts.

Excessive Egotist
12-31-2019, 03:15 PM
I fear the Spurs will go 7-3ish over their next 10 (SoS says 3-7 is more likely) and they completely punt on any effort at trading their vets and instead seek to add some other team's vet throwaway.

mo7888
01-01-2020, 04:17 PM
I fear the Spurs will go 7-3ish over their next 10 (SoS says 3-7 is more likely) and they completely punt on any effort at trading their vets and instead seek to add some other team's vet throwaway.

I could see that happening. I doubt we trade for someone's vet-throw away though. We might pick up a waived or bought out vet though.

sasaint
01-04-2020, 05:02 PM

Haha! No way! Spurms are sub-.500 with one of the easiest schedules to date. Have you seen their next 10 opponents? And you think they will win at a .700 clip?!?! No.

But ultimately, I don’t think their record over the next 10 games will have any impact on Pop’s thinking. He likes what he’s got, and he’s staying pat.

mo7888
01-21-2020, 12:25 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wfokc43

CGD
01-22-2020, 08:41 PM

We’d have to cough up a pick to make that enticing for them

Excessive Egotist
01-23-2020, 06:29 PM

If we had a reasonable assurance of re-signing him, I'd prefer Bogdanovic to Gordon and, with those assurances, would be willing to put a protected first into the deal. Something like this:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t7mvmvw

Excessive Egotist
01-23-2020, 06:36 PM
FWIW: I'd be willing to trade our 2020 first for Zach Lavine too. It seems like his situation in Chicago is now stable, but if not...I know he's not without his limitations, but he'd be a major upgrade over Forbes.

In my view, the Spurs need three roster upgrades a) a real 3 and D forward, b) another stretch big and c) either an upgrade (over Forbes) at starting shooting guard or a good reserve point guard who would allow White to start next to Murray. Starting Walker with Aldridge and DDR relegates him to standing around in the corner. It's a waste. Better to leave him on the bench or move him into starting lineup after moving/losing DDR. If DDR and/or Aldridge remain through next year, the Spurs still need all the upgrades listed above.

mo7888
01-23-2020, 08:38 PM
FWIW: I'd be willing to trade our 2020 first for Zach Lavine too. It seems like his situation in Chicago is now stable, but if not...I know he's not without his limitations, but he'd be a major upgrade over Forbes.

In my view, the Spurs need three roster upgrades a) a real 3 and D forward, b) another stretch big and c) either an upgrade (over Forbes) at starting shooting guard or a good reserve point guard who would allow White to start next to Murray. Starting Walker with Aldridge and DDR relegates him to standing around in the corner. It's a waste. Better to leave him on the bench or move him into starting lineup after moving/losing DDR. If DDR and/or Aldridge remain through next year, the Spurs still need all the upgrades listed above.

I pretty much agree with that.

CGD
01-23-2020, 09:31 PM
Hard pass on Lavine. I agreed with one commentator (Lowe, Simmons?) who called him perimeter Damarcus Cousins. Big numbers on bad team, doesn’t play winning basketball, and brings locker issues.

Excessive Egotist
01-24-2020, 08:42 AM
If that is the intel on Lavine, I'd pass too. Limited options at shooting guard. Joe Harris, Bullock, Fournier, Powell, Beasely, Wiggins, and Bogdanovic. Relative to talent, most of these guys are some kind upgrade over Forbes, but in terms of acquisition costs and ongoing cap ramifications, I'd say only Harris and Bogdanovic are worth an asset, and carefully protected at that because of their contract status. Better to just hold the pick.

I'd be fine with White as a starter, but the team would have to find a quality reserve point. Terry Rozier and Spencer Dinwiddie make all kinds of sense, but with White's extension and Murray's contract, that's too much money to tie up in the backcourt. Goran Dragic would be ideal, but I can't see Miami trading Dragic unless it involved a package for DeRozan or Aldridge back. If Winslow were healthy, Dragic and Winslow, would offset some of DeRozan's loss because of how it would liberate the rotations to maximize White and Walker. Dragic, medically-cleared Winslow, and a second for DeRozan and Forbes?

Belinelli and Carroll for Cory Joseph?

Better to just find someone cheap in free agency or bring in a vet to compete with Weatherspoon next training camp.

Whenever I run these exercises, I talk myself out of trade ideas more often than I talk myself into them.

CGD
02-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Alright, time to start dreaming about the DDR sign-and-trade scenarios lol. The more I think about it the better position the Spurs will be to extract value for him, at least compared to this deadline.

Excessive Egotist
02-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Can't we take a few days off? My trade deadline OCD-ness just slammed up against a wall of disappointment a mere 25 hours ago. Edit: a wall of massive disappointment.

Excessive Egotist
02-07-2020, 04:58 PM
And FWIW: I think we're looking at four things in the offseason, maybe five. DDR sign and trade, Aldridge trade (at draft or later), and Forbes sign and trade. The fifth is: Dejounte Murray?

Do we know which teams DDR has identified as preferred destinations? Spurs will be limited to his short list.

Excessive Egotist
02-07-2020, 05:16 PM
Boston, Knicks, and New Orleans have two first round picks in a "bad" draft. I could see all of them spending a pick to get one of DeRozan or Aldridge if they're not thrilled with the talent available.

Philly has multiple early seconds, Sacramento too.

Orlando, Portland, and Denver have one first apiece, which aren't bad, and should probably spend a pick on an impact veteran.

So those are the teams that could be active around the draft, imo. Actually, I should add San Antonio to this list. If someone like Ben Simmons comes onto the market, something like DeRozan and two firsts might get San Antonio into that conversation. Not sure I like that for either team, but it's probably the sort of market Philly will get for Simmons.

mo7888
02-07-2020, 10:45 PM
To me the question is, 'will this FO actually do anything '? I'm not sure they will however, there should be options to S&T DDR and the market for LMA should be there as well. I think Gay can be moved as well. If the FO decides to finally make moves I wonder if we will be buyers or sellers? Most of us think we should sell and rebuild but will they see it that way if say, Embid is put on the block? I could see a scenario where Pop would want to acquire him and play a more traditional game using him like Duncan.

CGD
02-08-2020, 08:12 AM
It’s the 64k question. I think this year has been a wake up call and realization that the transition is here in earnest.

The more I think about it holding on to DDR until the summer was the right call. I can see an Orlando or Detroit coming to the table if they can get him longer term.

LMA will need to be moved ASAP given his expiring status (I also wouldn’t mind keeping him). I’m not even sure what the new MIA team looks like after all their moves, but he’d still be a good fit there.

mo7888
02-08-2020, 09:18 AM
It’s the 64k question. I think this year has been a wake up call and realization that the transition is here in earnest.

The more I think about it holding on to DDR until the summer was the right call. I can see an Orlando or Detroit coming to the table if they can get him longer term.

LMA will need to be moved ASAP given his expiring status (I also wouldn’t mind keeping him). I’m not even sure what the new MIA team looks like after all their moves, but he’d still be a good fit there.

I agree on DDR. I thought LMA and Gay were the main one's we should have moved at the deadline.

Excessive Egotist
02-10-2020, 08:01 AM
Currently, the Spurs project into the lottery in '20, '21, and maybe '22. Picks in this and the next two drafts are their best trade assets. Curious what kind of player one or more of those picks paired with DeRozan or Aldridge could secure.

mo7888
02-10-2020, 08:22 AM
Currently, the Spurs project into the lottery in '20, '21, and maybe '22. Picks in this and the next two drafts are their best trade assets. Curious what kind of player one or more of those picks paired with DeRozan or Aldridge could secure.

It's hard to say, I'd think they wont trade the picks with a player though. I expect us to trade our players for picks and cap space. I also expect our draft pick this year to be in the 10-14 range. We aren't far from that now and we are playing like crap with a tough schedule.

Excessive Egotist
02-10-2020, 11:14 AM
We should eventually settle at a pick between 9-11, which would be great because it more than triples our lottery odds from our current position of 13.

Right now, the only three stars who might force their way onto the market this summer are Embiid, Simmons, and Lillard. Of the three, I like Simmons the best, but as a center more than a point. So if we did beat our lottery odds, we could put this lottery pick and perhaps an unprotected 2022 into a package.

Very low odds of beating our odds, so it's probably a moot point...

But if the Spurs have any thoughts of pursuing this strategy, they'll have to shut down DeRozan and Aldridge sooner than later. Better to let Gay play in hopes of recovering some trade value. Be good to play Carroll too in hopes of recovering some kind of value for him. But shut down DeRozan and Aldridge. Start Murray-White-Walker-Lyles-Metu. Rotate Weatherspoon, Johnson, Carroll, Samanic, Gay, and Eubanks. Probably best to play Forbes and Poeltl too, but they are who they are.

mo7888
02-10-2020, 11:19 AM
We should land between pick 9-11, which would be great because it more than triples our lottery odds from our current position of 13.

Right now, the only three stars who might force their way onto the market this summer are Embiid, Simmons, and Lillard. Of the three, I like Simmons the best, but as a center more than a point. So if we did beat our lottery odds, we could put this lottery pick and perhaps an unprotected 2022 into a package.

Very low odds of beating our odds, so it's probably a moot point...

I could see Simmons forcing his way but, I think Philly may opt to put Embid on the market and keep Simmons before it gets to that point. I am genuinely curious to see what offers a talented center with an injury risk and a high salary would bring on today's market though.

Excessive Egotist
02-10-2020, 11:34 AM
I could see Simmons forcing his way but, I think Philly may opt to put Embid on the market and keep Simmons before it gets to that point. I am genuinely curious to see what offers a talented center with an injury risk and a high salary would bring on today's market though.

I would say that Embiid and Lillard will command a large contract of a useful player or large expiring, two future lottery picks, and maybe a young talent. Simmons should command slightly higher--maybe one more pick or one more pick plus taking back a bad contract. That's guess work based on recent deals.

mo7888
02-10-2020, 11:38 AM
I would say that Embiid and Lillard will command a large contract of a useful player or large expiring, two future lottery picks, and maybe a young talent. Simmons should command slightly higher--maybe one more pick or one more pick plus taking back a bad contract. That's guess work based on recent deals.

I agree that's what they will ask... on Embid, I'm just not sure anyone will pay it. I'm sure the others would bring that back in trade.

mo7888
03-02-2020, 11:33 AM
Watching the morning sports shows I saw a segment talking about how Zion and BI both need the ball and the Pelicans may want to move BI. Does anyone know if he can even be traded this summer since he's a pending RFA? And if so, what that could look like in terms of a team matching salary?

LCM
03-24-2020, 01:18 AM
This is stupidly far fetched ... very stupidly far fetched .... but I'm at home, can't get to sleep, and I wanted to write it anyway.

Trade Proposal :

Portland
1) LaMarcus Aldridge
2) Darius Garland

Orlando
1) DeMar DeRozan
2) Dante Exum

Cleveland
1) CJ McCullom
2) Zach Collins
3) Patty Mills
4) 2nd round pick 2023 - Portland

San Antonio
1) Aaron Gordon
2) Terrence Ross
3) Mo Bamba
4) Kevin Love
5) Reclaim 2nd round pick 2022 from Cleveland

Unknown - where the Spurs will land in the lottery for 2020 first round pick. How could it be used to make this deal work with Cleveland or Orlando? Cleveland has four 2nd round picks in 2022, potential first draft with HS and college players, and they can't afford to use them all. If the Spurs 1st round pick of 2020, after the draft lottery selection is over, can't secure Wiseman, Toppin, Edwards or Ball, then the Spurs should trade it to Cleveland. Would any other player other than those four have the potential to crack the Spurs rotation next year or be attractive as serious trade bait? I don't think so, and that's why I trade it to the Cavs. The Cavs then kick a second rounder or two to the Magic to grease the wheels.

Portland - this is CJ McCullom's last year on his contract. Trade him now, put Simmons opposite Lillard, and by adding Garland, you get a floor general to run the second unit. It also gives Portland two young guards on rookie contracts contributing to offset Lillard's contract. They can also give Dame a break over a long season. If you resign Melo, he can come off the bench and be a contributor there since LMA would start. But this really gives Portland cap relief for the 2021 offseason when Aldridge will come off the books.

Orlando - Magic get a scorer in DeRozan. Their offense needs it. To bring in someone like him, and have a chance to extend Fournier, who has a player option, as well, Aaron Gordon needs to be moved. Especially when you have Isaac, Aminu, and Okekee, waiting in the wings at your forward positions. Bamba has nowhere to go on this roster, he is only averaging around 15 minutes a night. Clifford isn't doing him any favors. Exum isn't the scorer Ross is, but with a 2nd unit of Carter-Williams, Exum, Iwundu, Okekee, and Birch, the Magic will be very young, have length, and be explosive in transition.

Cleveland - Cavs get a true backcourt starter to pair with Sexton. McCullom will get his points which will help him if he wants to test FA in 2021 offseason. Mills gives the second unit a steady hand since Delli's contract expires, and with Mills and McCullom's contracts expiring next offseason, the Cavs will have over 35 million come off the books. Also, depending on what they do with Drummond, that cap space could grow. They can reshape their roster with no Kevin Love moving forward, could potentially get a 1st round pick from the Spurs in the process while only giving away 2nd rounders in return.

Spurs - Pop wouldn't do this on a bet, and I don't give a shit. I've made my feelings plain, Pop needs to be moved now! Not tomorrow, not next offseason, now!! Removed from everything ... with complete ownership backing of his removal.

Are Gordon and Love perfect? No, they aren't. But, they are better than what we have now and in the near future. Gordon is the true combo forward this team needs. He is still young! He needs to be more efficient, but he rebounds, defends, runs the floor, is a willing passer, and a capable, not great, 3 point shooter. Atleast he takes them. Love will be close to the same age LMA was when he arrived. But Love rebounds better, passes better, shots 3's better with more volume than LMA. Love just doesn't defend on the perimeter as well or have the blocking stats of Aldridge. But if the Spurs keep Poetlt as a defensive anchor, Love won't have that as his responsibility. Terrence Ross is a fantastic option off your bench, and who would be a better teacher for Mo Bamba and his potential then Tim Duncan? Bamba has the ability to shoot threes, dive to the rim, ally oop all day, and you can't teach 7'10 wingspan. What you can teach is patience, screen placement, and defensive positioning.

Why do this trade? Who are the realistic Free Agents that the Spurs could get in 2021 that would be better than Gordon, Love, Bamba, and Ross? By doing this now, you have these players for the next 3 years minimum. Gordon's contract number lessens each year, you're paying Ross what Patty Mills received, and Ross does way more on the court than Patty, and if Bamba flames out, you don't extend him a qualifying offer when he is a RFA. Love will be 28 - 30 million for three years, but he will be your only big ticket salary until Gordon's contract is up after two years.

Spurs 2020 - 2021 roster

PG - Dejonte Murry, Derrick White
SG - Lonnie Walker, Terrence Ross
SF - Aaron Gordon, Keldon Johnson
PF - Kevin Love, Trey Lyles
C - Jakob Poetlt, Mo Bamba

11 - 15
Weatherspoon, Gay, Saminic, Metu, Eubanks

This team would be young, athletic, work hard on the defensive end, capable and willing to shoot threes, and would have enough veteran leadership and experience to work with the youth to make everyone and everything work better! They will make their mistakes, but this Spurs team would be very entertaining and would give fans many reasons to come to games and root for this team!

Like I said before, stupidly far fetched. I'm just hoping now I'm tired enough to get some sleep.

mo7888
03-27-2020, 09:01 AM
This is stupidly far fetched ... very stupidly far fetched .... but I'm at home, can't get to sleep, and I wanted to write it anyway.

Trade Proposal :

Portland
1) LaMarcus Aldridge
2) Darius Garland

Orlando
1) DeMar DeRozan
2) Dante Exum

Cleveland
1) CJ McCullom
2) Zach Collins
3) Patty Mills
4) 2nd round pick 2023 - Portland

San Antonio
1) Aaron Gordon
2) Terrence Ross
3) Mo Bamba
4) Kevin Love
5) Reclaim 2nd round pick 2022 from Cleveland

Unknown - where the Spurs will land in the lottery for 2020 first round pick. How could it be used to make this deal work with Cleveland or Orlando? Cleveland has four 2nd round picks in 2022, potential first draft with HS and college players, and they can't afford to use them all. If the Spurs 1st round pick of 2020, after the draft lottery selection is over, can't secure Wiseman, Toppin, Edwards or Ball, then the Spurs should trade it to Cleveland. Would any other player other than those four have the potential to crack the Spurs rotation next year or be attractive as serious trade bait? I don't think so, and that's why I trade it to the Cavs. The Cavs then kick a second rounder or two to the Magic to grease the wheels.

Portland - this is CJ McCullom's last year on his contract. Trade him now, put Simmons opposite Lillard, and by adding Garland, you get a floor general to run the second unit. It also gives Portland two young guards on rookie contracts contributing to offset Lillard's contract. They can also give Dame a break over a long season. If you resign Melo, he can come off the bench and be a contributor there since LMA would start. But this really gives Portland cap relief for the 2021 offseason when Aldridge will come off the books.

Orlando - Magic get a scorer in DeRozan. Their offense needs it. To bring in someone like him, and have a chance to extend Fournier, who has a player option, as well, Aaron Gordon needs to be moved. Especially when you have Isaac, Aminu, and Okekee, waiting in the wings at your forward positions. Bamba has nowhere to go on this roster, he is only averaging around 15 minutes a night. Clifford isn't doing him any favors. Exum isn't the scorer Ross is, but with a 2nd unit of Carter-Williams, Exum, Iwundu, Okekee, and Birch, the Magic will be very young, have length, and be explosive in transition.

Cleveland - Cavs get a true backcourt starter to pair with Sexton. McCullom will get his points which will help him if he wants to test FA in 2021 offseason. Mills gives the second unit a steady hand since Delli's contract expires, and with Mills and McCullom's contracts expiring next offseason, the Cavs will have over 35 million come off the books. Also, depending on what they do with Drummond, that cap space could grow. They can reshape their roster with no Kevin Love moving forward, could potentially get a 1st round pick from the Spurs in the process while only giving away 2nd rounders in return.

Spurs - Pop wouldn't do this on a bet, and I don't give a shit. I've made my feelings plain, Pop needs to be moved now! Not tomorrow, not next offseason, now!! Removed from everything ... with complete ownership backing of his removal.

Are Gordon and Love perfect? No, they aren't. But, they are better than what we have now and in the near future. Gordon is the true combo forward this team needs. He is still young! He needs to be more efficient, but he rebounds, defends, runs the floor, is a willing passer, and a capable, not great, 3 point shooter. Atleast he takes them. Love will be close to the same age LMA was when he arrived. But Love rebounds better, passes better, shots 3's better with more volume than LMA. Love just doesn't defend on the perimeter as well or have the blocking stats of Aldridge. But if the Spurs keep Poetlt as a defensive anchor, Love won't have that as his responsibility. Terrence Ross is a fantastic option off your bench, and who would be a better teacher for Mo Bamba and his potential then Tim Duncan? Bamba has the ability to shoot threes, dive to the rim, ally oop all day, and you can't teach 7'10 wingspan. What you can teach is patience, screen placement, and defensive positioning.

Why do this trade? Who are the realistic Free Agents that the Spurs could get in 2021 that would be better than Gordon, Love, Bamba, and Ross? By doing this now, you have these players for the next 3 years minimum. Gordon's contract number lessens each year, you're paying Ross what Patty Mills received, and Ross does way more on the court than Patty, and if Bamba flames out, you don't extend him a qualifying offer when he is a RFA. Love will be 28 - 30 million for three years, but he will be your only big ticket salary until Gordon's contract is up after two years.

Spurs 2020 - 2021 roster

PG - Dejonte Murry, Derrick White
SG - Lonnie Walker, Terrence Ross
SF - Aaron Gordon, Keldon Johnson
PF - Kevin Love, Trey Lyles
C - Jakob Poetlt, Mo Bamba

11 - 15
Weatherspoon, Gay, Saminic, Metu, Eubanks

This team would be young, athletic, work hard on the defensive end, capable and willing to shoot threes, and would have enough veteran leadership and experience to work with the youth to make everyone and everything work better! They will make their mistakes, but this Spurs team would be very entertaining and would give fans many reasons to come to games and root for this team!

Like I said before, stupidly far fetched. I'm just hoping now I'm tired enough to get some sleep.

I'm impressed by the effort it took to come up with that...rest well...

LCM
04-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Been seeing these trade options:

1)
Portland - LMA

Spurs - Ariza, Nurkic

2)
Orlando - DeRozan

Spurs - AG, Aminu

Draft picks can be included, but I don't involve 1st round picks for either trade unless it's a swap of positions. Give away the 2nd round picks in 2020, 2023. These trades offer interesting line ups.

DJM, DW
LW4, KJ
Ariza, Aminu
AG, Metu
Nurkic, Lyles

11 - 15
Patty, Gay, Eubanks, QW, open spot.

Austin:
Luka, 1st rd pick 2020

Poeltl would either walk or sign and trade to team with cap space. But those line ups are young, great defensive potential, 3pt shooting potential, whoever gets the rebound can turn and run the break, and you'll see what combination of your young guards works best.

Expired contracts of Mills, Gay, Ariza, and Carroll salaries 2021 offseason = 46.7 mil to pay your own players or use on free agents. All of that would be very interesting to watch. Especially with someone else besides Pop calling the shots for that roster.

venitian navigator
08-21-2020, 06:12 AM
If this season we want to go young from the beginning here are two trades that, imho, could be interesting.

A) (if DDR opts in): send DDR to the Knicks for their 8th draft choice and any of the scrubs they prefer to get rid off just for matching salaries purposes (for example something like Gibson, Payton, Ellington, Bullock...ll together are 29 millions off the books compared to DDR 27,5 by himself alone)

Its good for the Knicks because they can have finally an all star coming with the best numbers in his entire life and probably keen to re-sign for a big market, and they get rid of players they are probably no more interested in.
Its good for us because we net a decent lottery pick and maybe find out something inside the lot we receive in exchange for DDR.

A1) In case the Knicks want a total change : DDR + GAY for their 8th draft choice a a bigger amount of scrubs (the already above mentioned plus Ntikilina, Knox and Smith)

B) LMA plus Mills to Detroit for 7th draft choice plus (for salary purposes) Blake Griffin

Its good for Detroit because they get rid of the albatross that is BG contract (that limit for another 2 years at least their chances to rebuild) at the expense of just their draft pick
Its good for us just for the pick (BG at his actual age and phisycal condition isnt't exactly our kind of player but for some minutes could work in an up tempo style ).

dbestpro
08-21-2020, 08:46 AM
Philly is going to need to shed some salary. I could see them moving Simmons due to his long term cost. The same goes with Golden St. and Wiggins. The thing about DeRozen is that he has a one year contract left which makes teams interested who want to move large long term salaries. There are not a lot of players that fit this scenario, but there could be something here when you look through the eyes of other teams.

mo7888
08-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Philly is going to need to shed some salary. I could see them moving Simmons due to his long term cost. The same goes with Golden St. and Wiggins. The thing about DeRozen is that he has a one year contract left which makes teams interested who want to move large long term salaries. There are not a lot of players that fit this scenario, but there could be something here when you look through the eyes of other teams.

Philly is going to have to make a hard decision to go with Embid or Simmons and trade the other i think. I'm betting they trade Joel..

Excessive Egotist
08-21-2020, 03:36 PM
If this season we want to go young from the beginning here are two trades that, imho, could be interesting.

A) (if DDR opts in): send DDR to the Knicks for their 8th draft choice and any of the scrubs they prefer to get rid off just for matching salaries purposes (for example something like Gibson, Payton, Ellington, Bullock...ll together are 29 millions off the books compared to DDR 27,5 by himself alone)

Its good for the Knicks because they can have finally an all star coming with the best numbers in his entire life and probably keen to re-sign for a big market, and they get rid of players they are probably no more interested in.
Its good for us because we net a decent lottery pick and maybe find out something inside the lot we receive in exchange for DDR.

A1) In case the Knicks want a total change : DDR + GAY for their 8th draft choice a a bigger amount of scrubs (the already above mentioned plus Ntikilina, Knox and Smith)

B) LMA plus Mills to Detroit for 7th draft choice plus (for salary purposes) Blake Griffin

Its good for Detroit because they get rid of the albatross that is BG contract (that limit for another 2 years at least their chances to rebuild) at the expense of just their draft pick
Its good for us just for the pick (BG at his actual age and phisycal condition isnt't exactly our kind of player but for some minutes could work in an up tempo style ).

The Detroit deal catches my eye, but BG's contract is such an albatross. I don't know that a 7th pick in a weak draft gets it done. And they'd want DeRozan given his history with Detroit coaching staff.

Excessive Egotist
08-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Philly is going to have to make a hard decision to go with Embid or Simmons and trade the other i think. I'm betting they trade Joel..

I'd guess they move Simmons rather than Embiid. But a better strategy would be attaching Thybulle and pick(s) (at least one first, more if you also send back a player of value) to Horford.

mo7888
08-22-2020, 09:10 AM
The more I look at the prospects the more I want us to move up into the top 4 and acquire a layer pick in the 20's. Give me a PF or C with the top pick and Robert Woodard with the 20something pick. The get Reggie Perry with our 2nd rd pick.

If we have to move DJM to move up I'd try and acquire Frank Ntilikina as his replacement. I think the Knicks will move him cheap and he still has potential.

Excessive Egotist
08-22-2020, 10:26 AM
I've heard a few suggestions (may just be journo regurgitation and BS) that Pistons might attach their lottery pick to Griffin's contract and, similarly, Cleveland might attach their pick to Love's contract in order to correct their cap situations. The '21 draft is reportedly very good, and no one is making money next season, so it's an ideal season to tank. Marketing departments don't need a new face to sell arena tickets because games in arenas probably won't be a thing.

I personally think it's stupid to squander a lottery pick to clear cap, but these are strange times given the economic fallout from the league shutdown. If Spurs took on a terrible contract (Griffin, Horford, Love) they'd lock themselves into drafting and development for at least two seasons and being inactive in free agency until '22 or '23. I haven't looked ahead to those free agent classes, but Aldridge for Love or Griffin plus an additional lottery pick is something to look at. I would not consider if it simply meant swapping firsts. Only worth a look if it means picking up an additional lottery pick.

The top lottery picks this season will invert the typical value of rookie contracts. But the Spurs would only be on the hook for ~10M annually if paying #5 and #11 pick, so the math works well for them.

In this draft, 7 and 11, would be mean something like Okongwu/Toppin & Vassell/Hayes.

mo7888
08-22-2020, 11:36 AM
I've heard a few suggestions (may just be journo regurgitation and BS) that Pistons might attach their lottery pick to Griffin's contract and, similarly, Cleveland might attach their pick to Love's contract in order to correct their cap situations. The '21 draft is reportedly very good, and no one is making money next season, so it's an ideal season to tank. Marketing departments don't need a new face to sell arena tickets because games in arenas probably won't be a thing.

I personally think it's stupid to squander a lottery pick to clear cap, but these are strange times given the economic fallout from the league shutdown. If Spurs took on a terrible contract (Griffin, Horford, Love) they'd lock themselves into drafting and development for at least two seasons and being inactive in free agency until '22 or '23. I haven't looked ahead to those free agent classes, but Aldridge for Love or Griffin plus an additional lottery pick is something to look at. I would not consider if it simply meant swapping firsts. Only worth a look if it means picking up an additional lottery pick.

The top lottery picks this season will invert the typical value of rookie contracts. But the Spurs would only be on the hook for ~10M annually if paying #5 and #11 pick, so the math works well for them.

In this draft, 7 and 11, would be mean something like Okongwu/Toppin & Vassell/Hayes.

I would only consider it, as you said, if we weren't swapping 1st's. I aldo wouldn't do it with Detroit (to much salary). Philly for Horford wouldn't be awful but they'd have to add something besides their 21st pick...either thy thybulle or another 1st. Cleveland is more interesting because I think Love still has some value but, I'd still only do it if Wiseman or Obi were available at 5.

Excessive Egotist
08-22-2020, 11:42 AM
I would only consider it, as you said, if we weren't swapping 1st's. I aldo wouldn't do it with Detroit (to much salary). Philly for Horford wouldn't be awful but they'd have to add something besides their 21st pick...either thy thybulle or another 1st. Cleveland is more interesting because I think Love still has some value but, I'd still only do it if Wiseman or Obi were available at 5.

If you were offering Horford, Thybulle, and 21 for Aldridge, you're getting a yes from me.

mo7888
08-22-2020, 11:48 AM
If you were offering Horford, Thybulle, and 21 for Aldridge, you're getting a yes from me.

I'd have to compare it to what lma would bring elsewhere...if they fid offer that they'd need a third team to ship Aldridge to. I doubt they would want him next to Embid

Excessive Egotist
08-22-2020, 11:57 AM
I'd have to compare it to what lma would bring elsewhere...if they fid offer that they'd need a third team to ship Aldridge to. I doubt they would want him next to Embid

For Philly, he's a one year rental to clear cap future cap. It's possible they'd move Aldridge by deadline. As one year rentals go, he and Embiid would be fine next to one another (short term) as long as Aldridge bought into stretch five duties. It's also an easy rotation fix to simply sub Aldridge early and stagger him onto the court when Embiid is off. Worse case, you get exactly the same bad fit as Horford but without the long term financial burden.

mo7888
08-22-2020, 12:13 PM
For Philly, he's a one year rental to clear cap future cap. It's possible they'd move Aldridge by deadline. As one year rentals go, he and Embiid would be fine next to one another (short term) as long as Aldridge bought into stretch five duties. It's also an easy rotation fix to simply sub Aldridge early and stagger him onto the court when Embiid is off. Worse case, you get exactly the same bad fit as Horford but without the long term financial burden.

Sure they can do that but that's to much for them to give up just to save 1 year of salary space....hence, why they would need a third team.

mo7888
08-22-2020, 01:03 PM
https://www.nba.com/draft/2020/prospects/robert-woodard#/

11 is to high but around 20 this would be my pick. Perfect fit with that wingspan, athleticism, and shooting.

Excessive Egotist
08-24-2020, 11:29 AM
https://www.nba.com/draft/2020/prospects/robert-woodard#/

11 is to high but around 20 this would be my pick. Perfect fit with that wingspan, athleticism, and shooting.

I like Woodard too. But you can--likely--get him at 41. And if not, picks 26-30 will be available cheap. In my opinion, Woodard, Jalen Smith, and Paul Reed are all undervalued in the mocks.

One huge unknown in this draft is individual player development since February. Six months of good player development for a 19 or 20 year old could produce a completely different player from what is archived on last year's film. I have no idea how front offices are tracking such things.

mo7888
08-24-2020, 12:09 PM
I like Woodard too. But you can--likely--get him at 41. And if not, picks 26-30 will be available cheap. In my opinion, Woodard, Jalen Smith, and Paul Reed are all undervalued in the mocks.

One huge unknown in this draft is individual player development since February. Six months of good player development for a 19 or 20 year old could produce a completely different player from what is archived on last year's film. I have no idea how front offices are tracking such things.

I agree, I don't think we should use #11 on him. If our higher rated guys are off the board I would trade back and get him in the 20's and pick up another asset. I like Reed alot as well in that lste 1st early 2nd space... I'm also high on Reggie Perry in that range as well.

montgod
08-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Watching the morning sports shows I saw a segment talking about how Zion and BI both need the ball and the Pelicans may want to move BI. Does anyone know if he can even be traded this summer since he's a pending RFA? And if so, what that could look like in terms of a team matching salary?

I'm sure he can be traded if he agrees on a contract w/the team he's going to. However, even with the poor fit, I don't see him getting traded unless Pelicans get a nice haul back. Spurs don't have that much to compete with other teams (i.e. Murray, few other young pieces - they won't want older vets right now). ATL could be a nice team to watch to trade for BI to play along side Trae, Collins, and Capella which leaves several SF/PF types available to be discarded like Hunter, Reddish, and Heuter. Maybe Spurs can be a 3rd in a deal like that?

mo7888
08-31-2020, 07:39 AM
I'm sure he can be traded if he agrees on a contract w/the team he's going to. However, even with the poor fit, I don't see him getting traded unless Pelicans get a nice haul back. Spurs don't have that much to compete with other teams (i.e. Murray, few other young pieces - they won't want older vets right now). ATL could be a nice team to watch to trade for BI to play along side Trae, Collins, and Capella which leaves several SF/PF types available to be discarded like Hunter, Reddish, and Heuter. Maybe Spurs can be a 3rd in a deal like that?

Yes, my post you quoted was from back in March. BI has become a foundational piece for them since then it looks like. I don't anybody is going to get him out of Nola now. I do like your thoughts on Hunter, Reddish, or Heuter though.... one of those might be obtainable in a 3 team trade somewhere and would fit our timeline very well....

mo7888
09-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Ok....now that they're out.... does Giannis demand a trade? Where does he go? And can we make a competitive offer?

venitian navigator
09-27-2020, 04:27 AM
Dragan Bender just signed a contract with Maccabi. I was big fan of signing him and Stanley Johnson last season with part of the MLE, instead of giving it to Carroll...
I still think that obvious phisical young talent can't be denied, expecially in an organization like ours that is well known for developing young talent and skills at the best of the chances...
Frankly I think its difficult to imagine that former top ten draft choices have no chance to improve at least at a decent bench level...they both should be available on the free agents market and affordable with part of the MLE. If ther's no different option (I mean a guy like nuggets Grant, that was supposed to be avalable with the entire MLE but its now probably out of that price range) I still see them both as possible MLE options with multiple years contract with team's options after one or two seasons...