PDA

View Full Version : General Trades Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

mo7888
09-27-2020, 10:00 PM
Dragan Bender just signed a contract with Maccabi. I was big fan of signing him and Stanley Johnson last season with part of the MLE, instead of giving it to Carroll...
I still think that obvious phisical young talent can't be denied, expecially in an organization like ours that is well known for developing young talent and skills at the best of the chances...
Frankly I think its difficult to imagine that former top ten draft choices have no chance to improve at least at a decent bench level...they both should be available on the free agents market and affordable with part of the MLE. If ther's no different option (I mean a guy like nuggets Grant, that was supposed to be avalable with the entire MLE but its now probably out of that price range) I still see them both as possible MLE options with multiple years contract with team's options after one or two seasons...

In the right situation I'm for signing high draft choices who've flamed out with their initial team if 1) you can get them cheap and 2) if their initial team isn't good at development.

venitian navigator
11-13-2020, 12:22 PM
Looks like we're heading to a new rebuilding direction looking for new assets, and all of our big, in final year contracts like LMA, Mills, Gay and DDR if he opts in (but he'l be a valuable sign and trade commodity also if he opts out) are on the market.
Still I don't know if its already been set the day for deciding on options (like the po of DDR) and for the beginning of the trading...that should be possible in draft day in any case.
Anybody knows something about these deadlines or its simply because nba hasn't yet decided about them? we are now less than a week from draft day and I suppose its time that some news should be given...

mo7888
11-14-2020, 04:14 AM
Looks like we're heading to a new rebuilding direction looking for new assets, and all of our big, in final year contracts like LMA, Mills, Gay and DDR if he opts in (but he'l be a valuable sign and trade commodity also if he opts out) are on the market.
Still I don't know if its already been set the day for deciding on options (like the po of DDR) and for the beginning of the trading...that should be possible in draft day in any case.
Anybody knows something about these deadlines or its simply because nba hasn't yet decided about them? we are now less than a week from draft day and I suppose its time that some news should be given...

NBA Calendar ...
Nov. 18: NBA Draft*
Nov. 20: Free agency starts at 6 PM
Nov. 22: Free agent signings can begin at 12:01 PM
Dec. 1: Training camps open
Dec. 22: Opening Night

*Freeze on trades being lifted is still TBD but remains likely to happen in the Nov. 16 range

venitian navigator
11-14-2020, 09:43 AM
NBA Calendar ...
Nov. 18: NBA Draft*
Nov. 20: Free agency starts at 6 PM
Nov. 22: Free agent signings can begin at 12:01 PM
Dec. 1: Training camps open
Dec. 22: Opening Night

*Freeze on trades being lifted is still TBD but remains likely to happen in the Nov. 16 range

thank you for answering but I still don't understand why they did not give a day for exercising options... It's gonna be impossible to trade someone if you can't know if he is or not under contract...

mo7888
11-14-2020, 12:21 PM
thank you for answering but I still don't understand why they did not give a day for exercising options... It's gonna be impossible to trade someone if you can't know if he is or not under contract...

They just haven't decided yet but it looks like probably Monday or Tuesday

mo7888
11-16-2020, 11:00 PM
Here's a trade idea if we can't move up to #2

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6j6xx9g

Plus Boston's #14

CGD
01-04-2021, 10:04 AM
OUT
Lamarcus (Pacers)
Demar (Heat)
Lonnie (Hawks)
Gay (Hawks)

IN
Turner (Pacers)
Pick (Heat)
KZ Okpala (Heat)
Hunter (Hawks)
(Filler like Olynk/Iggy/Snell)

Starting Line up:
Murray
White
Keldon
Hunter
Turner

mo7888
01-14-2021, 12:41 PM
I think its apparent that we have a pretty good team now that the young guys are figuring it out. The biggest hole I see is at the 4 where KJ is playing well but undersized. My question is what 4's do you think are realistically gettable on the market?

Bagley?
Siakam (if he decides he wants out..has been disgruntled)

Anyone else?

I don't see alot of other availability on the market right now unless we went for a smaller deal like Roby at OKC or Ojeleye at Bos...

CGD
01-14-2021, 09:23 PM
I feel like they’re happy to play Murray, Lonnie, Keldon, and DDR together.

For me the biggest gap is at Center. A defensive anchor is urgently needed as LMA is showing his age this year.

mo7888
01-17-2021, 02:00 PM
I feel like they’re happy to play Murray, Lonnie, Keldon, and DDR together.

For me the biggest gap is at Center. A defensive anchor is urgently needed as LMA is showing his age this year.

I think C is a need but he needs to be able to spread the floor... Keldon plays hard but, longterm, he'll need to play the 3.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6dub3cp

Something like this addresses the 4 and we could play Bagley at the 5... He can spread the floor and moves better than LMA.

TD 21
01-17-2021, 03:56 PM
I think C is a need but he needs to be able to spread the floor... Keldon plays hard but, longterm, he'll need to play the 3.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6dub3cp

Something like this addresses the 4 and we could play Bagley at the 5... He can spread the floor and moves better than LMA.

Why would the Kings sell low on a relatively recent #2 overall pick and a prime 3ish and Dish combo forward for an old C (when arguably their second best player plays the same position), a journeyman "PF" and a project one?

mo7888
01-17-2021, 06:16 PM
Why would the Kings sell low on a relatively recent #2 overall pick and a prime 3ish and Dish combo forward for an old C (when arguably their second best player plays the same position), a journeyman "PF" and a project one?

The easy answer is 'because they're the Kings'....but, Barnes is a tough contract to move...as for Bagley it wouldn't be a trade a team they would normally make but, there are issues with Bagley wanting out so them being able to clear cap space and getting a young cheap asset back could be attractive to a cheap poorly run team. As for LMA, yes he's probably washed but his name recognition probably helps them sell it locally...

TD 21
01-17-2021, 11:59 PM
The easy answer is 'because they're the Kings'....but, Barnes is a tough contract to move...as for Bagley it wouldn't be a trade a team they would normally make but, there are issues with Bagley wanting out so them being able to clear cap space and getting a young cheap asset back could be attractive to a cheap poorly run team. As for LMA, yes he's probably washed but his name recognition probably helps them sell it locally...

I knew you'd say that, but no one is that dumb.

I suspect what Bagley III really wants is a bigger role.

The Spurs have a fair bit invested in Samanic, the other 29 don't. To them, he's more project than asset.

Aldridge isn't the type of name to sell tickets and few teams are doing that at the moment anyway.

mo7888
01-18-2021, 08:49 AM
I knew you'd say that, but no one is that dumb.

I suspect what Bagley III really wants is a bigger role.

The Spurs have a fair bit invested in Samanic, the other 29 don't. To them, he's more project than asset.

Aldridge isn't the type of name to sell tickets and few teams are doing that at the moment anyway.

It's i knew you were coming back with the 'no one's that dumb' line anyway...its kinda your thing... you analyze things from your point of view and with your view of 'value' and there's nothing wrong with that. I try to look at things through the eyes of the other party and what motivates them. It how I operate in business and I carry it over into hobbies like this. It is not a dumb move if you're trying to 'sell' something to your local fans and shed salary. You're offering hope for the now (former allstar that most casual fans don't realize is washed) , hope for tomorrow in a young 1st rd pick, and shedding salary in with Barnes (which is hope because fans look forward to who there going to spend it on next summer), and shedding Bagley who's father is blasting the Kings on social media and they don't believe in him anyway. All that being said, if you're another franchise and you value winning and building something yes it can be argued that its dumb but the kings aren't trying to build a championship... and if I'm wrong and they are 'trying' to build well, that blows up your argument thst 'no one's that dumb' as well because there track record shows that they are if that's their goal.

TD 21
01-19-2021, 03:48 PM
It's i knew you were coming back with the 'no one's that dumb' line anyway...its kinda your thing... you analyze things from your point of view and with your view of 'value' and there's nothing wrong with that. I try to look at things through the eyes of the other party and what motivates them. It how I operate in business and I carry it over into hobbies like this. It is not a dumb move if you're trying to 'sell' something to your local fans and shed salary. You're offering hope for the now (former allstar that most casual fans don't realize is washed) , hope for tomorrow in a young 1st rd pick, and shedding salary in with Barnes (which is hope because fans look forward to who there going to spend it on next summer), and shedding Bagley who's father is blasting the Kings on social media and they don't believe in him anyway. All that being said, if you're another franchise and you value winning and building something yes it can be argued that its dumb but the kings aren't trying to build a championship... and if I'm wrong and they are 'trying' to build well, that blows up your argument thst 'no one's that dumb' as well because there track record shows that they are if that's their goal.

I didn't mean that an an insult and you've got me and you (and most of the board) confused. I'm the one usually telling people how lopsided their proposal is in favor of the Spurs; like this one.

Beyond being dumb, it' the type of dumb you don't see. Divac and his inexperience are gone and so is any hope of taking advantage of them to the extent you're describing.

Even if most teams were selling tickets right now, prime Aldridge wasn't the type who could do that, let alone the current version and Barnes is about as good as the Kings could do with their cap space anyway. You don't salary dump his archetype unless you have something significant coming down the pike and urgently need to clear space.

I'm not saying the current regime "believes in" or wouldn't trade Bagley III, I'm saying it wouldn't be for a pu pu platter like this.

mo7888
01-19-2021, 05:41 PM
I didn't mean that an an insult and you've got me and you (and most of the board) confused. I'm the one usually telling people how lopsided their proposal is in favor of the Spurs; like this one.

Beyond being dumb, it' the type of dumb you don't see. Divac and his inexperience are gone and so is any hope of taking advantage of them to the extent you're describing.

Even if most teams were selling tickets right now, prime Aldridge wasn't the type who could do that, let alone the current version and Barnes is about as good as the Kings could do with their cap space anyway. You don't salary dump his archetype unless you have something significant coming down the pike and urgently need to clear space.

I'm not saying the current regime "believes in" or wouldn't trade Bagley III, I'm saying it wouldn't be for a pu pu platter like this.

I didn't take it as an insult... unlike some of the people you get into wars with on the main board I'm not nearly as thinned skin... We're good. I just disagree with you on the competence of Kings mgmt. While Divac may have been awful at his job the main problem comes from ownership in my opinion. We may not even want Bagley but I expect them to make another poor decision with him before things are said and done. Time will tell...

mo7888
01-21-2021, 10:16 AM
Ok... LMA... is there anywhere we can move him without taking to much bad salary back?

CGD
01-23-2021, 05:36 PM
Ok... LMA... is there anywhere we can move him without taking to much bad salary back?

I really want to see this narrative take off: https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/analyst-suggests-former-all-star/amp/

I’d do BOS’s TPE + protect 2021 first for LMA. Not a fan of anything else on their roster that may be available. Then move DDR.

mo7888
01-23-2021, 07:26 PM
I really want to see this narrative take off: https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/analyst-suggests-former-all-star/amp/

I’d do BOS’s TPE + protect 2021 first for LMA. Not a fan of anything else on their roster that may be available. Then move DDR.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat

venitian navigator
01-24-2021, 02:26 AM
This trade works...
To SA
Drummond Love Okoro
To Clev.
DDR LMA Gay

LCM
01-27-2021, 12:43 AM
This trade works...
To SA
Drummond Love Okoro
To Clev.
DDR LMA Gay

Cleveland loves Okoro, plus they don't just want to dump Love's salary for expiring contracts. They want assets (young players/picks). Why trade Drummond and Love together, could get more trading them separately. Would love if the Spurs got this, just don't see it.

LCM
01-27-2021, 01:20 AM
Could see LMA to Portland in 3 way trade with Sacramento.

Portland - LMA/Weatherspoon? (Are 2 way contracts tradeable)
Sacramento - Collins/Covington/Samanic
Spurs - Barnes/Holmes/Simmons

This allows Sacramento to extend Bagley. Fox's extension kicks in next year, so getting Barnes and his contact off the books is key. Bagley's would kick in the year after. Bagley's dad can yap all he wants. Bagley needs to secure his extension then get traded. If Metu is getting minutes in Sacramento off the bench, so will Samanic, plus he's cheap. Beiljicia, Parker, and Holmes are all expiring. Collins is RFA in offseason, so they can match any offer or cut his salary out too.

Portland needs an inside presence of any kind, all they have is Kanter! Even when Nurkic gets back, they'll have a need for LMA in their front court. Hood, Trent, Jones Jr will get Covington's minutes. Covington isn't producing this year. Collins has been too injured in his career to even see the floor.

Spurs can put Barnes at 4 or 3. If you trade LMA, then the Spurs could be open to trading DeRozen for a Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, John Collins. Then you move Barnes to 3. The contract on Barnes decreases the last two years as well. Spurs cap space isn't going to be valuable next year unless you are taking on bad contracts with draft picks attached, or make trades using your expiring contracts to create the team you want to see moving forward. You're already paying Murray, White, and Poeltl. Johnson and Walker are on the horizon. How are they going to shape the Spurs for the next 3 to 5 years with this cap space?

CGD
01-27-2021, 11:38 PM
Who says no to this WAS-SAS-DEN trade first? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5um3w9v

I think Spurs would need a pick to be happy, but basic structure might work.

mo7888
01-28-2021, 12:08 AM
Who says no to this WAS-SAS-DEN trade first? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5um3w9v

I think Spurs would need a pick to be happy, but basic structure might work.

Denver says no

Edited to add: I don't think Washington would give up Beal and Deni for Porter either. From the Spurs perspective we'd do that in heartbeat though.

CGD
01-28-2021, 08:20 AM
Denver says no

Edited to add: I don't think Washington would give up Beal and Deni for Porter either. From the Spurs perspective we'd do that in heartbeat though.

Fair, I just think it’s gonna depend how much a stink Beal makes ultimately. I also think picks would have to be involved.

While it’s fair that DDR can leave WAS this summer, getting him (and his bird rights) and Porter is not nothing. But suspect some team could offer a better package to WAS built around picks.

For Denver it’s essentially: Harris, Porter and a their late pick, for Beal. If Denver can dump Harris, I think that’s enticing even if they have to lose Porter. They’re also getting the best player in the deal that gives them a legit big three. Question is whether Denver’s pick goes to WAS or SAS.

mo7888
01-28-2021, 01:13 PM
Fair, I just think it’s gonna depend how much a stink Beal makes ultimately. I also think picks would have to be involved.

While it’s fair that DDR can leave WAS this summer, getting him (and his bird rights) and Porter is not nothing. But suspect some team could offer a better package to WAS built around picks.

For Denver it’s essentially: Harris, Porter and a their late pick, for Beal. If Denver can dump Harris, I think that’s enticing even if they have to lose Porter. They’re also getting the best player in the deal that gives them a legit big three. Question is whether Denver’s pick goes to WAS or SAS.

I believe Denver thinks Porter is more 'valuable' than Beal. For Was, I agree with you on them wanting a more pick laden package for Beal. They have to think they can get more than Nola got for Jrue Holiday and they don't really need win now players in return because they aren't going anywhere unless they can unload Westbrook (and I'm not sure who would take him but if they got 3 1st's and 2 pick swaps for Beal maybe they could attach a 1st or two to move him at that point)

mo7888
01-28-2021, 01:28 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3xw3v6p

Here's a trade I could see NY putting on the table (they'd be including an unprotected or lightly protected 1st as well).

They still have cap room and can accept an unbalanced trade and DDR should secure them a playoff spot. We get to let the kids run, pick up an asset, and save a little money.

CGD
01-28-2021, 07:48 PM
^^ I like it for the pick, but what’s the thinking on two more PGs (admittedly i haven’t watched these players before)? I suppose there isn’t much else on the Knick roster that they’d consider moving.

mo7888
01-28-2021, 07:56 PM
^^ I like it for the pick, but what’s the thinking on two more PGs (admittedly i haven’t watched these players before)? I suppose there isn’t much else on the Knick roster that they’d consider moving.

Really just salary filler to make the deal work under the CBA and they're expendable from NY's perspective. If it were me calling the shots for the Spurs I'd waive or move Smith in a secondary trade and I'd keep Frank and kick the tires on him. I personally think he has a little upside as a roll player off the bench.

CGD
01-28-2021, 08:44 PM
Really just salary filler to make the deal work under the CBA and they're expendable from NY's perspective. If it were me calling the shots for the Spurs I'd waive or move Smith in a secondary trade and I'd keep Frank and kick the tires on him. I personally think he has a little upside as a roll player off the bench.

I like it, and just seeing that the Knicks also have Dallas’s first this year so they may be OK giving one up.

Heck they would potentially have enough capspace if they resign DDR to go get Lowry in free agency for the reunion of those two.

mo7888
01-28-2021, 08:52 PM
I like it, and just seeing that the Knicks also have Dallas’s first this year so they may be OK giving one up.

Heck they would potentially have enough capspace if they resign DDR to go get Lowry in free agency for the reunion of those two.

Exactly... they'd be in position to make that reunion happen..

CGD
01-30-2021, 04:55 PM
I’m still hot for Turner lol. Apparently this trade is legal:

SAS: Turner
BOS: LMA
IND: Protect 1st (SAS) + 4m filler (BOS) + 2 2nds

Then if DDR bolts, Spurs still have near max money to take a run at a RFA like J. Collins.

TD 21
01-31-2021, 05:23 PM
I don't know why people keep putting Aldridge in trades where he'd have to play the four.

Sure, the Celtics are undersized at the five, but what they really need is a big wing who can credibly guard fours so that Brown/Smart don't have to consistently go up a weight class.

The Cavaliers are obviously set with Allen and as a re-building team, neither side would have interest anyway.

The Trail Blazers only work if he's ready to accept a bench role behind Nurkic (granted, he's had recent trouble staying healthy).

The Nets (not the type they need though), Hornets, Heat (see Celtics, but Adebayo can at least cross match) and Raptors are teams that he could make sense for.

mo7888
02-01-2021, 11:17 AM
I’m still hot for Turner lol. Apparently this trade is legal:

SAS: Turner
BOS: LMA
IND: Protect 1st (SAS) + 4m filler (BOS) + 2 2nds

Then if DDR bolts, Spurs still have near max money to take a run at a RFA like J. Collins.

I wouldn't give up a 1st for Turner myself at his current price tag..

mo7888
02-01-2021, 11:18 AM
I don't know why people keep putting Aldridge in trades where he'd have to play the four.

Sure, the Celtics are undersized at the five, but what they really need is a big wing who can credibly guard fours so that Brown/Smart don't have to consistently go up a weight class.

The Cavaliers are obviously set with Allen and as a re-building team, neither side would have interest anyway.

The Trail Blazers only work if he's ready to accept a bench role behind Nurkic (granted, he's had recent trouble staying healthy).

The Nets (not the type they need though), Hornets, Heat (see Celtics, but Adebayo can at least cross match) and Raptors are teams that he could make sense for.

In regard to the celtics it's purely as a big body to go against Embiid..

TD 21
02-01-2021, 04:36 PM
In regard to the celtics it's purely as a big body to go against Embiid..

If that was their primary concern, they wouldn't have turned down Turner (not that he can guard Embiid) as part of a hypothetical Hayward sign and trade, persued Millsap with the MLE and ultimately signed Thompson with it.

mo7888
02-01-2021, 07:29 PM
If that was their primary concern, they wouldn't have turned down Turner (not that he can guard Embiid) as part of a hypothetical Hayward sign and trade, persued Millsap with the MLE and ultimately signed Thompson with it.

Aldridge has a couple things going for him though 1) he does relatively better against Embiid than the others you listed and 2) they aren't obligated after this season.

Still, I'm not predicting they are going to make a play for him nor do I think they'd give up much for the privilege... I'm just pointing out the reasons they might consider it.

CGD
02-06-2021, 02:41 PM
Aldridge has a couple things going for him though 1) he does relatively better against Embiid than the others you listed and 2) they aren't obligated after this season.

Still, I'm not predicting they are going to make a play for him nor do I think they'd give up much for the privilege... I'm just pointing out the reasons they might consider it.

Exactly. Plus that TPE starts to burn a hole in Boston’s pocket here soon. I suppose they could use it on a draft-day trade, but this is really their best shot that also 1. maximizes their chances at a deep playoff run, and 2. Doesn’t commit them long term

mo7888
02-26-2021, 10:05 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd78yvwo

venitian navigator
03-07-2021, 01:36 AM
revisiting the GS/SA trade

would you do this trade?

LMA+DDR+GAY for Oubre (they more than probably are not gonna resign him) + Wiggins (they probably already regret trading for him) + Wiseman (still green in their own words for competing at high level)?

The good for GS with such trade is :
a) on paper they are gonna have experienced and better (and who already know how to play together) players for one or two play offs runs, with a still good team (but with his main pieces aging and so in the last seasons of elite goals, see Curry, D. Green);
b) however, also if things don't pan out for good, they are gonna have a good draft pick, they free a very big amount of cap space and avoid a lot of tax payments.

The good for SA is practically only Wiseman...Oubre doesn't fit the colture and in any case (traded to us or staying in GS) is quite sure to be out from te team is playing for this year, being probably one of names in a next dry market; Wiggins is still considered negative value with his remaining years of max contract.
But the point is he (probably) , Oubre (possibly, but with a bigger chance he runs away at the end of this season) and Wiggins (very difficult, but never say never) are all players young and talented enough that could largely benefit from our team colture and teaching.

mo7888
03-12-2021, 06:03 PM
revisiting the GS/SA trade

would you do this trade?

LMA+DDR+GAY for Oubre (they more than probably are not gonna resign him) + Wiggins (they probably already regret trading for him) + Wiseman (still green in their own words for competing at high level)?

The good for GS with such trade is :
a) on paper they are gonna have experienced and better (and who already know how to play together) players for one or two play offs runs, with a still good team (but with his main pieces aging and so in the last seasons of elite goals, see Curry, D. Green);
b) however, also if things don't pan out for good, they are gonna have a good draft pick, they free a very big amount of cap space and avoid a lot of tax payments.

The good for SA is practically only Wiseman...Oubre doesn't fit the colture and in any case (traded to us or staying in GS) is quite sure to be out from te team is playing for this year, being probably one of names in a next dry market; Wiggins is still considered negative value with his remaining years of max contract.
But the point is he (probably) , Oubre (possibly, but with a bigger chance he runs away at the end of this season) and Wiggins (very difficult, but never say never) are all players young and talented enough that could largely benefit from our team colture and teaching.

I doubt they'd absorb that much salary bring in the tax....but I'd pass from our perspective.... Wiseman isn't enough for me....if they included the Minnesota pick as well I'd bite..

venitian navigator
03-13-2021, 01:56 AM
last minute idea:

LMA + Lyles to OKC for Horford + Roby + picks

mo7888
03-14-2021, 02:46 PM
last minute idea:

LMA + Lyles to OKC for Horford + Roby + picks

Okc has no incentive to do that deal...

venitian navigator
03-23-2021, 03:01 AM
Looks like Mello wants out from Pels... What about a swap with Lyles?

mo7888
03-23-2021, 10:04 AM
Looks like Mello wants out from Pels... What about a swap with Lyles?

If you mean Melli, I'd rather just waive Lyles...I don't think melli is an NBA player.

mo7888
03-24-2021, 10:35 AM
Here's a kinda wild trade I'd like to see that makes sense for everyone to a degree...

https://tradenba.com/trades/BXDER4cKn

venitian navigator
11-15-2021, 02:43 AM
Seems like this think tank isn't very active... But it's time for new ideas, once we can agree that in no way this season we are gonna win enough games to be a play off team. Imho with the actual hawks situation, they could be a good team to trade with. Hunter, Okongwu, Jhonson are all bigs that for different reasons (injuries or being too green) could be more than available for our marketable assets (Young, Eubanks)...

CGD
11-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Im thinking Raptors might be a better partner. Seems like they may well be looking to move on from the Spicy P generations and usher in the new crop.

mo7888
12-21-2021, 10:53 AM
Cleveland- White, Thad, Bryn, and Drew
Spurs- Love, Sexton, and 2022 top 10 protected 1st

Let's Cleveland get off some money next year and improve their position in the East this year.

Spurs collect an asset and possibly 2 assets if they can resign Sexton on a reasonable deal by buying low on him. Love could actually help in certain lineups this year too and we get out of a couple years on White's contract down the road.

CGD
12-21-2021, 12:36 PM
^ i think there might be something with CLE but just not a big Sexton fan, especially if he's going to be prickly about his next deal coming up.

My latest musing is Thad or Thad/Bryn to Memphis, who has 5 FRPs over the next two years. They are playing really well of late, and rumored to want to upgrade the SloMo/PF position off the bench.

- Something like Thad/Bryn for SloMos & Culliver expirings + worst of their 3 2022 FRPs + Santi Aldama
- or smaller version like Thad for SloMo & pick/Aldama

mo7888
12-22-2021, 07:38 PM
^ i think there might be something with CLE but just not a big Sexton fan, especially if he's going to be prickly about his next deal coming up.

My latest musing is Thad or Thad/Bryn to Memphis, who has 5 FRPs over the next two years. They are playing really well of late, and rumored to want to upgrade the SloMo/PF position off the bench.

- Something like Thad/Bryn for SloMos & Culliver expirings + worst of their 3 2022 FRPs + Santi Aldama
- or smaller version like Thad for SloMo & pick/Aldama

I could see that but, trades within the division are hard to get done.

On the Cle deal it puts us in a position to draft Duren with our pick and Keegan with the Cle pick. A DJ, Primo, KJ, Keegan, Duren lineup would be interesting.

venitian navigator
12-31-2021, 03:56 AM
Given recent events I think that actually the best Clev /SA deal could be arranged around Rubio (out for season) ason) 17 million expiring deal... Rubio plus their first pick for next year draft could be the price for a Young plus Forbes/Jones plus second round pick (Lakers one?) deal...

CGD
12-31-2021, 07:19 AM
Given recent events I think that actually the best Clev /SA deal could be arranged around Rubio (out for season) ason) 17 million expiring deal... Rubio plus their first pick for next year draft could be the price for a Young plus Forbes/Jones plus second round pick (Lakers one?) deal...

That’s interesting. It’s better than eating Saric deal for next year from Suns while also getting a slightly better pick (low 20s).

Question though is whether they cough up a FRP for half season rentals of Thad/Bryn. That’s why the Suns deal could work since basically they’re paying us to save them money next year too.

CGD
12-31-2021, 07:40 AM
Another interesting thing about CLE is that for 2022 they own HOU’s 2nd round pick and OUR 2nd round pick.

Both should be in the 30s, which sometimes is better than a late 1st.

venitian navigator
11-24-2022, 04:57 AM
not a lot of activity in this think tank...and trhat's weird, comnsidering that actually thisn season patfo probably decided we're doing nothing but showing players for good market offers...

any trade ideas?

I think one of the possible trade partners (considering they've been well rewarded recently) could be againg the bulls....that are actually builded like a win now team that's underperforming and may have to solve a big problem if Ball is going to sit out all or most of this season...

In case they already decided to get rid of him because his health situation is too risky to be considered sustainable in play off perspective, and consifderin that looks like also Pat Williams is still underperforming, one possible trae idea could be:

Ball + Pat Williams + 1 round pick (that's Portland pick, so not too low) for a PM (Tre Jones) , Shooters (Mc Dermott+ Richardson) + a decent pf (Bates Diop).

CGD
11-25-2022, 06:33 PM
I think a likely outcome this season would be:

LAL—> Doug; Josh
GSW—> Jakob
SAS—> top 3 protected 2027 LAL FRP; Wiseman; protected 2023 GSW FRP; Brick

CGD
11-25-2022, 06:42 PM
^ the other variant if they don’t like Wiseman is a deal with BOS that looks like this (works on trade machine).

BOS—> Jakob
LAL—> Josh, Doug, Hortford
SAS—> Brick; LAL 2027 FRP; BOS 2023 FRP; BOS 2028 FRP

Holds some powder dry for a deal with a Suns type that is looking to get under the tax, eg, spurs take Saric for a Suns 2023 FRP

Excessive Egotist
11-30-2022, 08:25 AM
^ the other variant if they don’t like Wiseman is a deal with BOS that looks like this (works on trade machine).

BOS—> Jakob
LAL—> Josh, Doug, Hortford
SAS—> Brick; LAL 2027 FRP; BOS 2023 FRP; BOS 2028 FRP

Holds some powder dry for a deal with a Suns type that is looking to get under the tax, eg, spurs take Saric for a Suns 2023 FRP

Wiseman has been so awful. I hope we'd ask for Kuminga and Moody from GS. I'd rather have either of those players over Wiseman.

The Boston deal you've sketched seems better to me, although I can't see Boston trading Horford.

The Clippers have their '29 unprotected and a TPE just large enough for Jakob, fwiw.

venitian navigator
02-05-2023, 05:52 AM
Ok here's my last trade.
Brooklin, lakers, us and wizards.
Why?
Brooklin has a trade demand problem and Erving clearly wants the Lakers but can't offer to Brooklin someone that good.
Lakers could see an Erving trade the only way to get a title and allow them to trade their only thing with something on the market (27 and 29 picks).
Wizards are starting to see Beal contract as exaggerate as it is, considering that no championship perspective is on the the immediate horizon.
So here's the deal.
Brooklin send Erving to Lakers.
Lakers send Westbrook to Wizards.
Wizards send Beal to Brooklyn.
We facilitate the trades thanks to our cap space absorbing the contracts these three teams decide to download to us or others (ex Harris and Mills from Nets to Wizards or us, Walker from Lakers to us, Burton and Wright from Wizards to us or Nets) with our cap space and trade to these teams our ready now players (ex Mc Dermott to Lakers, Poeltl and Richardson to Nets or Wizards , Bates Diop to Wizards etc etc. ) for the price of picks.