PDA

View Full Version : General Trades Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

elemento
04-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Nothing

I don't think SAC has any interest in trading Cousins.

admiralsnackbar
04-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I don't think SAC has any interest in trading Cousins.
Which is a pity since they don't seem to have any interest in coaching him either.

CGD
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Anyone think sjax will get flipped in a trade next season?

Bruno
04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Anyone think sjax will get flipped in a trade next season?

It's a possibility but it will depend a lot on what he does in the playoffs.

That's what good with the RJ for Jack trade. If Jack doesn't work out for either off the court or on the court reasons, he will still be a big fat expiring contract with the trade value associated to it.

BackHome
04-19-2012, 10:43 PM
So if you trade SJ would you do it for players and draft picks or just a player? What player would we want?

CGD
04-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree; I think it really depends whether in feb 2013 the spurs look poised to make a deep run or not. If they're floating around 6th seed or lower, I wouldn't be surprised if he's shipped regardless of how he's playing. Another consideration is that he'll be in last year of contract mode, so that should up his value.

It's been mentioned before that a lot of cap room frees up next summer (2013), but as we've seen to many times before FAs spurn the Spurs. May be a better bet to acquire players already under contract, and hence my thought re Jax.

BackHome
04-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Well I know people have talked about Batum and Omri I am not sure where each one is as far as contracts. So wondering which of these two guys are the right guy to go after so we continue our youth movement. I haven't watched Omri since his first couple of games in the league but I did like his passion and his heart for the game.

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2012, 08:52 PM
kings open to offers for tyreke evans

TimmehC
04-22-2012, 09:56 PM
kings open to offers for tyreke evans

Good luck with that, Kings.

kobyz
04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Josh Smith express his will to leave Atlanta after this year, maybe Spurs could go after him with an offer including Tiago, Smith will be better fit to Duncan for the later years of his career as Tiago and Duncan don't work together for Pop.

Spurtacus
06-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Thoughts on trading Neal & Blair for a lotto pick?

Richie
06-08-2012, 09:11 PM

No chance we get a lotto pick for just Neal and Blair. The highest we could possibly go would be 15 with the 76ers who need outside shooting. Would love if we could package Bonner with them too, Neal and Bonner are the definition of outside shooting.

Best case scenario is early-mid 20s I think for those two

CGD
06-09-2012, 12:04 PM

I mean that's what we're all waiting for isn't it? Otherwise this draft is going to be pretty damn boring. Spurs have acquired enough interesting young(ish) assets (Green, Blair, Neal, Splitter, Anderson, De Colo's Rights, Hanga's Right) to make a move like in last year's draft.

But a big factor last year was the weakness of that draft, which is not the case this year. I see softness in this draft in the early 20s on, but not before then. Last year, the draft got soft after pick 10.

JUST DONT MOVE KL!!! I hope he is a Spurs for a LONG time.

ginobili fan
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Batum is it possible ?
Since OKC is the major rival, like to have a long 3 who can shots the ball too and goes against Harden,etc...
We have already Leonard,Jax... and many people would prefer having a shotblocking big man, but batum can block some shots too, and can challenge green to the starting line up.
That would make a 5 like:
Tp
Batum 6-8
Leonard 6-7
Free Agent
Tim 6-11

And we could have off the bench:

Manu
Diaw
Jax
Green...

That makes us immediately taller, and more athlectic team, and way way deeper in scoring ability.

Is this realistic enough ?

tesseractive
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Batum is it possible ?
Since OKC is the major rival, like to have a long 3 who can shots the ball too and goes against Harden,etc...
We have already Leonard,Jax... and many people would prefer having a shotblocking big man, but batum can block some shots too, and can challenge green to the starting line up.
That would make a 5 like:
Tp
Batum 6-8
Leonard 6-7
Free Agent
Tim 6-11

And we could have off the bench:

Manu
Diaw
Jax
Green...

That makes us immediately taller, and more athlectic team, and way way deeper in scoring ability.

Is this realistic enough ?

Too many swingmen, I think. If the Jackson for Okafor + #10 rumor were somehow true, then I suppose it would be possible. But having 3 rotation-worthy swingmen on the bench (not even counting Neal) seems a bit much to me.

Bruno
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Batum isn't available at all.

Olshey was Clippers GM and is now Blazers GM:
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/06/new_gm_neil_olsheys_vision_for_the_blazers_is_a_co .html

“As far as I’m concerned, LaMarcus is a cornerstone of the franchise,” Olshey said. “In my mind, he and Nic Batum are what Chris Paul and Blake were to the Clippers, what we were trying to build there. Once you have those two pieces, that bedrock, in place, now you start working out tangentially and adding guys that complement those players.”

BackHome
06-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I laughed BAtum a cornestone to the franchise does he believe that shit?

BackHome
06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Too many swingmen, I think. If the Jackson for Okafor + #10 rumor were somehow true, then I suppose it would be possible. But having 3 rotation-worthy swingmen on the bench (not even counting Neal) seems a bit much to me.

I would do that pretty damn quick.

ginobili fan
06-11-2012, 06:38 PM
OMG so Jax won't stay ? sad for him...
but if it is true damn that would be good

tesseractive
06-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I would do that pretty damn quick.

Me too, but I'm deeply skeptical that New Orleans would.

If you want to go really nuts with the utterly unlikely dream scenarios, imagine Jack for Okafor and the #10, and also signing KG for the MLE. Draft, say, Terrence Ross (best swingman on the board) and sign De Colo for the LLE, and you're looking at:

PG: Parker, De Colo
SG: Leonard, Manu, Neal
SF: Ross, Green
PF: Garnett, Splitter
C: Duncan, Okafor

So you're looking at Okafor as your 3rd big, you have some real athleticism on the wing for a change, and you have an utterly ridiculous Parker/Manu/Leonard/Garnett/Duncan lineup in crunch time.

But all of this is daydreaming. Neither KG nor Okafor is a likely scenario at this point, never mind landing both.

stxspurs
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM

what rumor is that? any links.. when did this come up:wow

BackHome
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
So if you get there 10 pick who would we want?

Terrence Ross SG 6'7

Myers Leondard C 7'1

tesseractive
06-11-2012, 10:20 PM
what rumor is that? any links.. when did this come up:wow

The New Orleans paper reported the rumor that the Hornets were trying to get out from under Okafor's contract, which is around $13 million for 2 years, and I think there's a partial guarantee or a buyout for year 3. In order to get him moved, supposedly they're considering bundling the contract with the #10, which is less important since they have the #1.

Dell Demps, their GM, is a Spurs alum, so we're a natural for him to deal with, and Jack has a $10 million expiring contract, so if you throw in a third stringer to make the numbers match, it would line up. So there is some circumstantial evidence to support the idea that the Spurs might be the other side of that deal. As far as I know, there's no confirmation that there are actual negotiations on a deal, so it's anybody's guess.

I tend to assume things like this are going to fall apart or were fake to begin with, but it's certainly an enticing idea if it were to somehow prove true.

BackHome
06-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Well the Hornets are going to want to tank again next year so they got number one this year they will want to tank one more year for another top pick.

C - Okafor/Splitter
PF - Duncan/Lobrek
SF - Kawhi/Terrence Ross
SG - Manu/Xavier Henry
PG - Tony/?

Ditty
06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Well the Hornets are going to want to tank again next year so they got number one this year they will want to tank one more year for another top pick.

C - Okafor/Splitter
PF - Duncan/Lobrek
SF - Kawhi/Terrence Ross
SG - Manu/Xavier Henry
PG - Tony/?

Tbh I like it. I think Henry can still be a solid player in this league.

Russo21
06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Kamaan, Okafor, Dalambert, Josh Smith, Varajeo, Jamison, Casspi, illysova, ryan anderson, gray, chris anderson, timofey mozgov, bogut, scola, tony allen, darko, beasley, gortat

if we are going to compete something needs to be done. there's lots of options, we have our starting PG and SG we have our starting and backup SF's, we need help next to tim not named bonner or splitter

gortat for splitter n bonner would be nice. playing next to steve nash will improve bonner and splitter ten fold in phoenix and we could get a talented banger with attitude in gortat who averaged 15 and 10, 1.5 blocks and 1steal. He'd be a great piece next to tim. He's strong young, stays out of foul trouble and plays with fire, the polar opposite of soft foul prone splitter and bonner.

Gortat
Duncan
Jackson/Leonard
Manu
Parker

Not a bad top 6

All of the guys on that list i would like, especially bogut, scola, allen i just used this one as an example.

Gortat is quietly beasting in Phoenix and i really think he'd help our team, just from his inside game offensive and defensive but i think his attitude reminds me of stephen jackson which we need more of.

Nash is so good im sure he could turn boner and splitter into half descent pieces.

Gimme Gortat or any of those other guys mentioned.

CGD
06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I really think we need to capitalize on Green's good season, and get some value for him this summer. Nothing on Green, but I just see an opportunity to make the roster better. If the Celtics want him lets work out a trade.

MR-Clutch
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/june/could-tiago-splitter-become-this-seasons-george-hill.html

This article makes some good points. Although I like tiago, if Pop isn't going to play him, then we might as well replace him with a young talent that can make an impact now and help build for the future.

We could then replace Splitter with Lorbek, and resign Diaw. I could maybe see the kings taking Splitter and maybe neal or blair for the #5 ,just for some veteran leadership and talent(cousins and blair are also supposed to be good friends). Splitters stats are pretty damn good per minutes based on the season. After the #5 though, Im not sure there would be any takers until that 10-15 range, and im not sure there's anyone there that could help the spurs more than splitter. I would love to see what the kind of talent the Spurs could uncover with that 5th pick.

Andthentherewas21
06-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I really think we need to capitalize on Green's good season, and get some value for him this summer. Nothing on Green, but I just see an opportunity to make the roster better. If the Celtics want him lets work out a trade.

Hard to capitalize on a RFA. If the Spurs retain him for a low price, it means no one wanted him anyways, or you overpay him and hope that the other teams weren't just trying to drive up the value on him.

SamoanTD
06-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Hard to capitalize on a RFA. If the Spurs retain him for a low price, it means no one wanted him anyways, or you overpay him and hope that the other teams weren't just trying to drive up the value on him.

Or nobody wanted to pay that much. Teams could always trade for him afterwards.

Andthentherewas21
06-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Or nobody wanted to pay that much. Teams could always trade for him afterwards.

That is my point. If they don't want to pay that much, they aren't going to suddenly turn around and decide to trade for him at the same value they could have outright signed him for. Or if they do, its because they believe they are improving over what they had, in which case why would the Spurs want the scraps in the deal?

Russo21
06-13-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm an australian. Gimme Andrew Fucken Bogut.

Mal
06-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Isnt Bonner technicaly expiring ?

CGD
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
That is my point. If they don't want to pay that much, they aren't going to suddenly turn around and decide to trade for him at the same value they could have outright signed him for. Or if they do, its because they believe they are improving over what they had, in which case why would the Spurs want the scraps in the deal?

Is there a prohibition on trading a player subject to a QO on draft day? Wouldnt a draft day trade merely mean the acquiring team acquires the right to make the decision to match/not match the QO once the free agency period opens? I'm not aware the CBA prohibits this, but please correct me if wrong.

Hypothetically, if Boston wanted Green couldn't they trade for him using either the 20th or 21st picks (which they own)?

[NOTE: I'm not saying the Celtics WOULD do this trade, so please none of this one line "never going to happen" bullshit "analysis" that some post around here. This is about whether trading a player subject to a QO is possible]

CGD
06-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Technically no bc he has 2 years left on his deal. The thing is that his last year is guaranteed for only $1M of the nearly $4M hes scheduled to make. So technically no, but effectively, sort of. A team can acquire nearly 3M in cap space 2 years from now.

Spursfanfromafar
06-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Technically no bc he has 2 years left on his deal. The thing is that his last year is guaranteed for only $1M of the nearly $4M hes scheduled to make. So technically no, but effectively, sort of. A team can acquire nearly 3M in cap space 2 years from now.

IMO, Bonner has expired and nothing but a liability. All efforts need to be done to trade him or best amnesty him.. there will be claimants and the loss will be less for the Spurs.

Russo21
06-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Can anyone here tell me when free agency begins and trades can start? Thanks :-)

Bruno
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Can anyone here tell me when free agency begins and trades can start? Thanks :-)

Teams outside Heat and Thunder can do trades right now.

The key dates for Spurs of the following weeks are:
June 25: Deadline for Mills to pick or not his 12-13 option.
June 28: NBA draft
June 30: Deadline for Spurs to make a qualifying offer to Green and Mills (if he has opted out).
July 1: Start of the free agency. Teams can talk to free agents but can't sign them.
July 11: Teams can start to sign free agents.

History tells us that trades talks will heat up a couple of days before the draft.

venitian navigator
06-16-2012, 04:50 AM
One possible trade to have a draft pick could be Splitter and Bonner and possibly Neal for Blatche and the 3 draft choice.
Washington absolutely wants to eliminate the presence of Blatche from the team and could love the chance to not pay Blathe fot the next three years...

They're not gonna take the option in Lewis contract so they don't have a stretch four and Bonner can have some value for them (after all, he's been one of the best 3 point shooters in the decade, and a slashing point man like Wall is ideal for giving him open looks).
They need a, possibly cheap, 2 guard that can take the outside shot having just Crowford under contract (so Neal become highly valueable for them; they can try to develop Crowford and gain another deadly shooter for the Wall's open looks).

They already have Nene in their front line to be paired with the longer and co-citizen Splitter : on paper that's a perfect combination of bigs, and a 6 bigs like Nene, Splitter, Seraphin, Booker, Vesely and Bonner looks like a crew as young and promising as nobody in the eastern conference).

I see a win win for both teams, also if we're gonna amnesty Blatche by the minute he's traded to us (don't think Pop wants to risk trying to train him).

It gives us 6/7 more millions of cap space (at the cost of the amnesty) and, more than everything, gives us the chance to take a possible second building block for our re-building on the fly, strong enough to contribute by the minute he wears silver and black, al la Leonard...

Muser
06-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Blatche is horrendous. The 3rd pick might sway me but he is just awful.

Russo21
06-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Teams outside Heat and Thunder can do trades right now.

The key dates for Spurs of the following weeks are:
June 25: Deadline for Mills to pick or not his 12-13 option.
June 28: NBA draft
June 30: Deadline for Spurs to make a qualifying offer to Green and Mills (if he has opted out).
July 1: Start of the free agency. Teams can talk to free agents but can't sign them.
July 11: Teams can start to sign free agents.

History tells us that trades talks will heat up a couple of days before the draft.

Thanks Bruno, i appreciate it :toast Cant wait to find out which direction the spurs will go. Reload for the elusive title number 5 and how? Or rebuild?

Russo21
06-16-2012, 08:32 AM
If the Hornets are in tank mode and RC and Holt want to try do an RJ type trade it will be great to go after Emeka Okafor.

Also someone mentioned Blatche and the 3rd draft pick? for splitter boner and neal? I'd be all in on that. Blatche is a headcase with height strength and talent and maybe we need someone a bit mental on this team.

Either scenarie whether it be Okafor or Blatche and the 3rd pick would be fantastic. Would love to say goodbye to splitter bonner and neal and get some real freakin talent.

Thomas82
06-16-2012, 01:21 PM
One possible trade to have a draft pick could be Splitter and Bonner and possibly Neal for Blatche and the 3 draft choice.
Washington absolutely wants to eliminate the presence of Blatche from the team and could love the chance to not pay Blathe fot the next three years...

They're not gonna take the option in Lewis contract so they don't have a stretch four and Bonner can have some value for them (after all, he's been one of the best 3 point shooters in the decade, and a slashing point man like Wall is ideal for giving him open looks).
They need a, possibly cheap, 2 guard that can take the outside shot having just Crowford under contract (so Neal become highly valueable for them; they can try to develop Crowford and gain another deadly shooter for the Wall's open looks).

They already have Nene in their front line to be paired with the longer and co-citizen Splitter : on paper that's a perfect combination of bigs, and a 6 bigs like Nene, Splitter, Seraphin, Booker, Vesely and Bonner looks like a crew as young and promising as nobody in the eastern conference).

I see a win win for both teams, also if we're gonna amnesty Blatche by the minute he's traded to us (don't think Pop wants to risk trying to train him).

It gives us 6/7 more millions of cap space (at the cost of the amnesty) and, more than everything, gives us the chance to take a possible second building block for our re-building on the fly, strong enough to contribute by the minute he wears silver and black, al la Leonard...

This is the best idea I have heard so far.....this makes a lot of sense.

sehui
06-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah, that Blatch and 3rd pick deal sounds great

And even if Pop and the front office don't like Blatch, that amnesty is a real good option, so we might even be able to pickup someone with legit talent as well from FA to complement our team

tesseractive
06-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Shelling out $24 million to amnesty a guy is a brilliant move for the Lakers, the Mavs, the Blazers, the Knicks... some team that can afford those kind of shenanigans. The reality is that the Spurs can't afford to do something like that.

maverick1948
06-16-2012, 04:54 PM

And even if Pop and the front office don't like Blatch, that amnesty is a real good option, so we might even be able to pickup someone with legit talent as well from FA to complement our team

If Blatche comes to the Spurs, which he won't, he CAN'T be dumped under the amnesty clause. He would not fit the rules. The player has to have been on the team at the time of the signing of the new CBA.

tesseractive
06-16-2012, 05:03 PM
If Blatche comes to the Spurs, which he won't, he CAN'T be dumped under the amnesty clause. He would not fit the rules. The player has to have been on the team at the time of the signing of the new CBA.

You're right. I had missed that detail before. So we'd have to actually want to keep him -- or settle with him and have him on our cap for years. That makes the trade even less enticing -- I see why the Wiz might be willing to part with the #3 pick.

sehui
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Oh okay, my bad.

Alright, screw this trade.

CGD
06-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Ok, so many folks have mentioned a "rumor" of okafor + the 10th being shopped around, and that the spurs may be players. Where is the source of this coming from?

tesseractive
06-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok, so many folks have mentioned a "rumor" of okafor + the 10th being shopped around, and that the spurs may be players. Where is the source of this coming from?

The New Orleans paper ran a story that the Hornets are looking to dispose of Okafor and Ariza's contracts, and that they might package the #10 to help do it.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/06/new_orleans_hornets_general_ma_14.html

I haven't been able to track down the original source on the rumor that ties the Spurs specifically to an Okafor + #10 deal.

SenorSpur
06-17-2012, 01:36 AM

Actually, it's Bonner's 3-pt shot that has the shelf life. It's expires the middle of every April, then packs its bags and heads out on vacation.

Duncan2177
06-17-2012, 04:31 PM

The Spurs can't amnesty Blatche and it would be cheaper to amnesty Bonner and move Splitter cost wise. I think a more realistic trade is Bonner and Splitter for Blatche, the draft rights to Emir Preldzic, 3million cash and picks #35 and #47. Only because you got the Wizards taking that #3 pick in this type of draft. I can see them move back but not totally out of the lottery. I'm not that big on Blatche but the Spurs can get their 2011-2012 luxury tax bill paid for and add two decent secound rounders. Blatche has potential and the rights to a very decent Euro SF makes it worth the Spurs pulling the trigger with the additional financial/draft considerations. The Spurs can sit on those picks or trade up. Also to note on Emir Preldzic that he was part of the package used by the Cavs to trade for Antawn Jamison. He was drafted in 2009. This player can shoot and pass. He has the ability to excel and play in an NBA pro offense and competes in high level competition in the Euro League. I do think the Wizards would love to move Blatche in a heartbeat but not at the cost of a premium lotto pick. Lewis has a huge buyout so he is not an amnesty target believe it or not. Which opens it up for the Wizards to use it on AB. Wizards could amnesty Blatche but at 3 more years that's a high cost to pay. Having those potential two second rounders could vault the Spurs back in the first round and still maybe keep their own #59 pick in the process. It's a winner for both sides.

tesseractive
06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
The Spurs can't amnesty Blatche and it would be cheaper to amnesty Bonner and move Splitter cost wise. I think a more realistic trade is Bonner and Splitter for Blatche, the draft rights to Emir Preldzic, 3million cash and picks #35 and #47. Only because you got the Wizards taking that #3 pick in this type of draft. I can see them move back but not totally out of the lottery. I'm not that big on Blatche but the Spurs can get their 2011-2012 luxury tax bill paid for and add two decent secound rounders. Blatche has potential and the rights to a very decent Euro SF makes it worth the Spurs pulling the trigger with the additional financial/draft considerations. The Spurs can sit on those picks or trade up. Also to note on Emir Preldzic that he was part of the package used by the Cavs to trade for Antawn Jamison. He was drafted in 2009. This player can shoot and pass. He has the ability to excel and play in an NBA pro offense and competes in high level competition in the Euro League. I do think the Wizards would love to move Blatche in a heartbeat but not at the cost of a premium lotto pick. Lewis has a huge buyout so he is not an amnesty target believe it or not. Which opens it up for the Wizards to use it on AB. Wizards could amnesty Blatche but at 3 more years that's a high cost to pay. Having those potential two second rounders could vault the Spurs back in the first round and still maybe keep their own #59 pick in the process. It's a winner for both sides.

Blatche is a disaster for team chemistry and a PR nightmare for fan relations. That's why the Wizards want toget rid of him so badly. Wouldn't be remotely worty it for a couple of 2nd rounders, and probably not for the Spurs even with the #3.

DPG21920
06-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Look, I don't care how toxic a guy is, no one is giving a top 5 draft pick just to dump someone. It doesn't happen.

Thomas82
06-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Look, I don't care how toxic a guy is, no one is giving a top 5 draft pick just to dump someone. It doesn't happen.

What about in 2010, when Philly was willing to let go of the #2 pick just to get rid of Elton Brand's contract?

DPG21920
06-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh, I forgot they traded that.

Prime Time
06-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Since we're on the topic of Washington, What about Chris Singleton? How high are the Wizards on him? He's a terrific defender, I'd love to have him in a Blatche deal.

AFBlue
06-17-2012, 09:57 PM
I haven't been able to track down the original source on the rumor that ties the Spurs specifically to an Okafor + #10 deal.

His name is Texas 2 Step and he's notorious for throwing crap at the wall and hoping it'll stick. I don't see how a deal involving the Spurs really makes sense for either squad.

Thomas82
06-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Since we're on the topic of Washington, What about Chris Singleton? How high are the Wizards on him? He's a terrific defender, I'd love to have him in a Blatche deal.

I don't think the Spurs would be in favor of Chris Singleton, especially since they already have Kawhi Leonard.

Duncan2177
06-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I think trading for Okafor is more realistic than trading with the wizards.

AFBlue
06-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Having said that, I think there's plenty of reason to believe the Spurs will be looking to get back into the first round of this draft. With so much depth, particularly at PF, someone with lottery talent will drop into the late teens/early twenties. The Spurs have been masterful at "rebuilding on the fly" and I expect that trend to continue on draft night with a savvy move or two.

TD 21
06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Having said that, I think there's plenty of reason to believe the Spurs will be looking to get back into the first round of this draft. With so much depth, particularly at PF, someone with lottery talent will drop into the late teens/early twenties. The Spurs have been masterful at "rebuilding on the fly" and I expect that trend to continue on draft night with a savvy move or two.

Unless they pull off a bigger trade for an established big, I agree that they'll trade up, I just don't know if it'll be into the 1st round. Unfortunately (for you, anyway), the bait will likely be Blair. I've got to believe the Cavs are the most likely partner, as they hold the 33th and 34th picks and lack depth inside. The Warriors are another potential partner, with 30, 35 and 52 and also a lack of depth inside. They've also admitted that they're unlikely to keep all four (they also pick 7th) because they added three rookies last season.

Duncan2177
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nba-bitter-lockout-ends-lebron-james-kevin-durant-finals-article-1.1097006?pgno=2

The Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol — the fall guy for their second-round ouster against the Thunder and previous playoff failures — even if they have to take back less talent. As long as Heisley retains the Grizzlies, Memphis will always have interest. Heisley has always wanted to bring Gasol back, pairing him with his brother, Marc.

TimmehC
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Unless they pull off a bigger trade for an established big, I agree that they'll trade up, I just don't know if it'll be into the 1st round. Unfortunately (for you, anyway), the bait will likely be Blair. I've got to believe the Cavs are the most likely partner, as they hold the 33th and 34th picks and lack depth inside. The Warriors are another potential partner, with 30, 35 and 52 and also a lack of depth inside. They've also admitted that they're unlikely to keep all four (they also pick 7th) because they added three rookies last season.

LOL if the Warriors trade the #30 back to us for DeJuan fucking Blair after they took Dick Jefferson off our hands.

tesseractive
06-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nba-bitter-lockout-ends-lebron-james-kevin-durant-finals-article-1.1097006?pgno=2

The Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol — the fall guy for their second-round ouster against the Thunder and previous playoff failures — even if they have to take back less talent. As long as Heisley retains the Grizzlies, Memphis will always have interest. Heisley has always wanted to bring Gasol back, pairing him with his brother, Marc.

Earlier in the NBA Forum I floated the idea of Parker and Bonner for Pau. The idea would be to bring in another incredibly skilled big man, then use the midlevel to sign one of the FA point guards -- Nash, Andre Miller, etc.

I realize that it's far fetched that such a trade would ever really happen, but it would allow both teams to receive players at positions of need -- the Lakers could definitely use the services of a talented point guard and the Spurs have a need for big men who can actually play.

So, terrible idea? Interesting idea?

AFBlue
06-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Earlier in the NBA Forum I floated the idea of Parker and Bonner for Pau. The idea would be to bring in another incredibly skilled big man, then use the midlevel to sign one of the FA point guards -- Nash, Andre Miller, etc.

I realize that it's far fetched that such a trade would ever really happen, but it would allow both teams to receive players at positions of need -- the Lakers could definitely use the services of a talented point guard and the Spurs have a need for big men who can actually play.

Interesting. Would be more interesting if they had a capable backup PG and didn't have to rely on wooing a free agent PG to come in and learn the complex Spurs system.

Legacy
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM

HHhhmmmmm... Interesting yes...

Still hesitant about Parker... but Gasol > Bonner FOREVER. :lol

Legacy
06-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Interesting. Would be more interesting if they had a capable backup PG and didn't have to rely on wooing a free agent PG to come in and learn the complex Spurs system.

:tu

tesseractive
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM

Excellent point. :tu

AFBlue
06-18-2012, 07:14 PM

I've made my peace with Blair potentially being traded. He's an effective role player (hustle, rebounding, paint points), he's young and he's cheap. Given that this draft is deep but not star-studded, I'm willing to bet a team in the first round takes the "known quantity" role player over the unknown.

Seventyniner
06-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I'd do Parker + Bonner for Gasol in a heartbeat. Gasol is willing and able to be a minutes sponge and the de facto #1 big man on offense. He even said he wants to play in the low block, so he can do the lion's share of the work there and let Timmy handle the rest. The high-low game between them would be sick, and it could work with either of them as the passer.

AFBlue
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd do Parker + Bonner for Gasol in a heartbeat. Gasol is willing and able to be a minutes sponge and the de facto #1 big man on offense. He even said he wants to play in the low block, so he can do the lion's share of the work there and let Timmy handle the rest. The high-low game between them would be sick, and it could work with either of them as the passer.

Gasol is a finesse player, and so is Tim Duncan at this point in his career. Spurs can't transition from a pick-n-roll heavy offense to big man high-low and expect to stay contenders.

Russo21
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
That Gasol deal would be huge. He is still quite young.
Grab Gasol, sign Stevie Nash via Free Agency and we're set.

Gasol
Duncan
Leonard/Jackson
Ginobili
Nash

Nasty

admiralsnackbar
06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
That Gasol deal would be huge. He is still quite young.
Grab Gasol, sign Stevie Nash via Free Agency and we're set.

Gasol
Duncan
Leonard/Jackson
Ginobili
Nash

Nasty

Nash?

...Nash?

sehui
06-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Nash is great, I'd love him to be on the Spurs.

The reality is, is he willing to play for the most hated team in all of Phoenix Suns history?

Russo21
06-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Maybe. Nash and Tim have great respect for each other so you never know. Professionals should put history behind them and move on from the past. Besides Hipcheck Horry isn't here anymore.

TheCerebral1
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
This may not be the type of player that the Spurs would look to acquire. But, I liked and like Josh Selby coming out of Kansas who is currently on the Memphis bench. He could be an intriguing option if available.

Duncan2177
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
It looks like the Houston Rockets have a deal in the works to move Sam Dalembert and possibly the 16th pick.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

dbestpro
06-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I've made my peace with Blair potentially being traded. He's an effective role player (hustle, rebounding, paint points), he's young and he's cheap. Given that this draft is deep but not star-studded, I'm willing to bet a team in the first round takes the "known quantity" role player over the unknown.

I agree with everything except the hustle and rebounding part. Oh yeah, the only reason he hits points in the paint is no jump shot. He might be the only player in the NBA who cannot shoot a jump shot. I mean even if he shoots and misses. He will be addition by subtraction along with Bonner.

Richie
06-22-2012, 09:38 AM
It looks like the Houston Rockets have a deal in the works to move Sam Dalembert and possibly the 16th pick.

We don't have anything to offer them, its not a salary dump as Dalembert is only $1.5m guaranteed for next year so they'll be looking for a good player in return

jyra
06-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I wonder if the Spurs would be interested in trading for Joel Freeland. It seems that he is available and wants to come over to play in the NBA.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/6/19/3097800/maxey-joel-freelands-reps-preparing-for-draft-day-trade?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I have not watched him play very much outside a few games, so here is a player profile taken from Shamsports:

" Freeland is a tall and athletic big man, with the sensuous touch of a high class escort and the polish of a limo's sunroof. His offensive mainstay is his jumpshot, which is suitably smooth out to about 18 feet, but he's also developed some good touch on the interior, a hook shot, soft hands and some post footwork. He can run the floor well for his size, and has a good handle of the ball as well. Freeland rebounds well, has good shot blocking instincts, and good lateral quickness for a big man. He's a tad foul prone, not overly physical and turnover prone, but his brilliance is unrelenting and his abilities eternally outstanding.
If I've made it sound like Joel Freeland is capable of everything, then that's because he is. If I've also made it sound like I'm biased towards everything Joel Freeland ever says or does, then that's because I am. "

He is also 6'10/11 and only 25 years old. To me that sounds like a very good fit next to Tim.
Here is a video of him playing against Real Madrid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDE2wzz027w

Anonymous Cowherd
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
He'd be a great fit mentally-wise. A real leader on and off the court for team GB.

BackHome
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Me like.....much like Splitter with better offense. A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN BONER!

CGD
06-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I wonder if the blazer-spur front office tension still exists

Duncan2177
06-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I wonder if the Spurs would be interested in trading for Joel Freeland. It seems that he is available and wants to come over to play in the NBA.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/6/19/3097800/maxey-joel-freelands-reps-preparing-for-draft-day-trade?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I have not watched him play very much outside a few games, so here is a player profile taken from Shamsports:

" Freeland is a tall and athletic big man, with the sensuous touch of a high class escort and the polish of a limo's sunroof. His offensive mainstay is his jumpshot, which is suitably smooth out to about 18 feet, but he's also developed some good touch on the interior, a hook shot, soft hands and some post footwork. He can run the floor well for his size, and has a good handle of the ball as well. Freeland rebounds well, has good shot blocking instincts, and good lateral quickness for a big man. He's a tad foul prone, not overly physical and turnover prone, but his brilliance is unrelenting and his abilities eternally outstanding.
If I've made it sound like Joel Freeland is capable of everything, then that's because he is. If I've also made it sound like I'm biased towards everything Joel Freeland ever says or does, then that's because I am. "

He is also 6'10/11 and only 25 years old. To me that sounds like a very good fit next to Tim.
Here is a video of him playing against Real Madrid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDE2wzz027w
No scrubs please.

Russo21
06-24-2012, 07:39 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qgfjgs

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7a54roh

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6vzdb69

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ck9syh

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8263qrm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=83lvtv3

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wpjjrt

jyra
06-24-2012, 09:55 AM
per @iwhittell:

"Freeland doubt v LIthuania last night with slight toe injury but decent game in front of Portland staff - 10pts (3/9 FG), 3 reb, 1 bl, 2st
GB (without 4 starters) lost 63-61. Scouts there from Blazers, Raptors, Spurs, Rockets, Nuggets and Suns"

I guess he is already on their radar.

CGD
06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Would bonner even fetch one of the first picks in the second round? I'm thinking we ship him back to the motherland for Tornoto's 37th pick.

Russo21
06-26-2012, 04:35 AM

we'll give them matt bonner

Russo21
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kpszo4

Russo21
07-01-2012, 08:06 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=83qzktm

Laredoart
07-04-2012, 07:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine We get a big man, give him time to get healthy and we should be good, having that defender in the middle. They get experience, perimeter defense and toughness with Jack and they get 3 point shooting from Bonner, they actually got to starting C's with Okafor and Nene, Im guessing they will try to get Okafor packing.

jcutter13
07-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Spurs offseason plan:Sign Diaw, Sign De Colo, Sign Lorbek, trade Blair and some picks for Batum. This would bolster our frontcourt and backcourt. This would really be reloading. Get it done Pop and Buford.:whine

stxspurs
07-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Spurs offseason plan:Sign Diaw, Sign De Colo, Sign Lorbek, trade Blair and some picks for Batum. This would bolster our frontcourt and backcourt. This would really be reloading. Get it done Pop and Buford.:whine

No Batum he will be in minny

sehui
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
seriously jcutter13?

trade Blair and some picks for Batum? Do you have no idea how trades even work?

Batum is unreachable, we can't match the offers he's getting from other teams. Plus I don't even think the Spurs should really be going after another swingman. Sure he's athletic, but we are already incredibly guard heavy..SJax and Kawhi at the 3 and Ginobili/Green/new draftee/Neal is already a pretty damn solid rotation..

timvp
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Neal to the Rockets for Jon Leuer? Rockets get point guard depth, Spurs get an always coveted stretch four.

timtonymanu
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Neal to the Rockets for Jon Leuer? Rockets get point guard depth, Spurs get an always coveted stretch four.

Agreed. I was going to bring this up but the Spurs should definitely contact the Rockets who have a great amount of power forwards at the moment and yes, Neal would be the player to trade away. I would rather trade Bonner or Blair, but giving the Rockets another power forward won't work.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Omg can you imagine the bad things said about Neal when he would drop 5 threes a game on us in a rockets uniform

Vic Petro
07-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Keep Neal. Find a real backup PG.

tesseractive
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Agreed. I was going to bring this up but the Spurs should definitely contact the Rockets who have a great amount of power forwards at the moment and yes, Neal would be the player to trade away. I would rather trade Bonner or Blair, but giving the Rockets another power forward won't work.
If we get a center from somewhere else (e.g. Camby), and the Rockets don't land Dwight Howard, Splitter might be a good trade piece to ship to Houston as well.

Think it would be worth a shot to try to pry Terrence Jones loose?

Russo21
07-08-2012, 07:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kpszo4

Duncan
Varejao
Leonard/Casspi
Manu
Parker

Sorry Jack

CGD
07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Man what ever happened to caspi? I know a lot of folks here were excited about him a few years back when he was being drafted. Did he completely fall off?

Im amazed at how much love Andy gets in here. I'm not saying he'd be bad, but some of you guys are obsessed.

elemento
07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Andy plays exactly like Splitter ! a bit better defensively and worse offensively.

Spurs fans would be really disappointed if they think Andy would be a game-changer here. And I say that as a Brazilian that has been following him since he was very young.

Casspi is the typical case of a player that goes to the wrong franchise. If we had drafted him, he would be our starting SF by now.

Russo21
07-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Andy hustles more then any big on the Spurs roster. Averages 11 points and 11 rebounds. Even when he isnt grabbing those 11 rebounds a game he always seems to be getting to loose balls and tapping out rebounds for extra posessions. I think he's one of the best in the league for that. And is something our bigs dont seem to do much.

Laredoart
07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
SPURS NEED TO GET Marcin Gortat FROM THE Suns, ASAP!!!!! We can give them Splitter, 2 or 3 more players with some picks. Gortat gets pay 7.3 for the next 2 seasons, he's 6'11", 240 lbs, 28 yrs old, 15.4 ppg, 10 rpg and 1.5 bpr, what else do we need from a C. We need to this right now, before somebody else puts a package together. We can still find a PF, but we need to pick this guy for our short and long term goals.

Laredoart
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
If we are trying to get better in our interior D, then we need some shot blocking guys. I believe this two guys can help to that cause, C Bismack Biyombo from Charlotte - Yes hes a 6'9", but different than our 6'9"s hes a blocker, only 19 yrs old and gets pay 2.9 for the next 3 yrs, then we got PF Ekpe Udoh from the Bucks - Hes 6'10", 25 yrs old, and gets pay 3.5 the next 2 yrs. Cheap, young and not big names, the reason why these guys get overlook is because we dont ever see any highlights from those teams, just like last year when we went deep in the playoff and a lot of people didnt even knew about how good TP played this past year and about Leonard, just cause they dont have a big name does mean this guys can get the job done on the D side.

yavozerb
07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
SPURS NEED TO GET Marcin Gortat FROM THE Suns, ASAP!!!!! We can give them Splitter, 2 or 3 more players with some picks. Gortat gets pay 7.3 for the next 2 seasons, he's 6'11", 240 lbs, 28 yrs old, 15.4 ppg, 10 rpg and 1.5 bpr, what else do we need from a C. We need to this right now, before somebody else puts a package together. We can still find a PF, but we need to pick this guy for our short and long term goals.

:lol, lets see how he does without Nash spoon feeding him on offense...Truthfully, his game probably is better than tiago's right now.

Laredoart
07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
:lol, lets see how he does without Nash spoon feeding him on offense...Truthfully, his game probably is better than tiago's right now.

We still got Manu under contract and Manu can find anybody under the hoop, also, the Suns did run a lots of pick n rolls for Nash, so he already has some experience with that, we also got to realize that before the Suns, he played behind Howard in Orlando, so he didnt get a lot of playing time, when he got to the Suns he was behind Lopez and he took over him. This guy still underated for the fact that hes not starting in a Contender team.

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.

venitian navigator
07-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.

Washington is an intersting trade partner.
Considering the french connection, Seraphin could be an intriguing player...

So add Byars contract to the ones of COJO,Neal, Blair and Bonner and a package of Blatche, Seraphin + one future first pick could be intersting...

yavozerb
07-10-2012, 02:43 PM

:lol, nice one....

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
:lol, nice one....

I clarified in the paragraph. One unprotected pick and one protected.

And it is reasonable considering how much time and money Blatche has left on his contract IMO.

yavozerb
07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I clarified in the paragraph. One unprotected pick and one protected.

And it is reasonable considering how much time and money Blatche has left on his contract IMO.

Why would you trade for a player that has been rumoured as a buyout for many months? No need to take on that horrible contract.

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Why would you trade for a player that has been rumoured as a buyout for many months? No need to take on that horrible contract.

Spurs getting 2 first round picks from the Wizards for essentially nothing since Neal/Blair/Joseph are all expendable, is a great move to improve the stability of the franchise from a contending standpoint in the long-run.

Blatche, on the other hand, is talented enough to be productive in the 15 minutes that will be available at the back up PF spot.

Also, it looks like the rotation is pretty much set for the next 2 years, with only a glaring hole at the back-up PF spot-- where Blatche could thrive in, if not-- Spurs could use the amnesty down the line and have 2 1st round picks to show for it.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
seeing who the spurs have signed this trade makes some sense

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7yj9k45

kind of sad that this is probably a pipe dream.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Spurs getting 2 first round picks from the Wizards for essentially nothing since Neal/Blair/Joseph are all expendable, is a great move to improve the stability of the franchise from a contending standpoint in the long-run.

Blatche, on the other hand, is talented enough to be productive in the 15 minutes that will be available at the back up PF spot.

Also, it looks like the rotation is pretty much set for the next 2 years, with only a glaring hole at the back-up PF spot-- where Blatche could thrive in, if not-- Spurs could use the amnesty down the line and have 2 1st round picks to show for it.

Can only amnesty players that were on the team when the 2011 CBA was signed.

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Can only amnesty players that were on the team when the 2011 CBA was signed.

I'm sure you are right, but to clarify. Question: So essentially no team will be eligible to use the amnesty from 2017-2020, correct?

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm sure you are right, but to clarify. Question: So essentially no team will be eligible to use the amnesty from 2017-2020, correct?

Yes.

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes.

Even without the option to amnesty Blatche down the line in the proposed deal, I'd still sign off on it for the potential 2 first round picks.

The draft is the only way the Spurs can net a potential superstar.

CGD
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM

I think it's reasonable. I don't know much about this Morris brother though. Sure Houston would take another PF back, but he's off the books after this year plus Neal is a solid pick up.

pad300
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM

I agree the rocket are prime trading partners, having, last I counted 11 bigs on the books, and oustanding offer to Asik. While we have a surplus at the guard spots.

But if you are going to propose something like this, I would suggest targeting Jon Leuer or Patrick Patterson, either of whom can play... Marcus Morris is not a NBA player in the immediate future.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
I agree the rocket are prime trading partners, having, last I counted 11 bigs on the books, and oustanding offer to Asik. While we have a surplus at the guard spots.

But if you are going to propose something like this, I would suggest targeting Jon Leuer or Patrick Patterson, either of whom can play... Marcus Morris is not a NBA player in the immediate future.
do you think that blair & neal would be enough for patterson? Houston is still trying to get dwight & patterson would probably be part of that trade. i see trading 2 unwanted & not needed players for Morris as a way to make up for not having a 1st round pick this year.

Andthentherewas21
07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
do you think that blair & neal would be enough for patterson? Houston is still trying to get dwight & patterson would probably be part of that trade. i see trading 2 unwanted & not needed players for Morris as a way to make up for not having a 1st round pick this year.

Houston, and everyone not named the Brooklyn Nets, are out of the Dwight Sweepstakes. Hence the reason Orlando is essentially going to trade Howard for Brook Lopez (probably on a max contract) and 3 late first round picks.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Houston, and everyone not named the Brooklyn Nets, are out of the Dwight Sweepstakes. Hence the reason Orlando is essentially going to trade Howard for Brook Lopez (probably on a max contract) and 3 late first round picks.
wow that trade sucks for orlando. would rather have Toronto's & Houston's lottery picks along with some good young players.

MR-Clutch
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bu79whn

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qt766h

pad300
07-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Given how many bigs they have accumulated, I have no idea how much they value Patterson. I'm pretty sure Leuer is available - he was filler to make the Dalembert deal work. I wouldn't trade for Morris because he's been quite crap.

Andthentherewas21
07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
wow that trade sucks for orlando. would rather have Toronto's & Houston's lottery picks along with some good young players.

That's pretty much the consensus from NBA pundits. Orlando waited to long and allowed Dwight to poison his trade/rental value. Now they are getting pennies on the dollar for what hes worth.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Given how many bigs they have accumulated, I have no idea how much they value Patterson. I'm pretty sure Leuer is available - he was filler to make the Dalembert deal work. I wouldn't trade for Morris because he's been quite crap.
he has only played 1 season that happened to be a lockout season. he needs to practice on a regular basis instead of when ever they can fit one in, he needs the summer league, & he needs a full training camp. hes a good young prospect with the potential to be a starter in a few years. with scola & patterson already their it was going to be hard for him to get real play time.

I would take him in a heartbeat for blair & neal.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-10-2012, 07:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bu79whn

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qt766h

love both of those trades but sadly both are nothing more than pipe dreams. both players could easily attract much better deals.

Andthentherewas21
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
And the Lakers, strangely enough utilizing Houston, are back in the Howard Hunt.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
And the Lakers, strangely enough utilizing Houston, are back in the Howard Hunt.
spurs should sneak in & try to at least unload bonner.

CGD
07-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Wow I just looked up that Leuer kid. I think I'd target him as between Morris and him. Looks solid and has range. Patterson, you have to think, is a part the Houston wants to keep for their rebuilding processes longer term. He too is a stud.

MR-Clutch
07-11-2012, 10:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7os9qfk

Spurs would absolutely have to sign a back up center.

CGD
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Let's wait and see if the Bulls match Asik by July 14th. If so, Splittler to the Rockets doesn't seem so improbable. We can then bring in that other Brazilain or Haddadi to replace Splitter.

pad300
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7os9qfk

Spurs would absolutely have to sign a back up center.

Hell NO! Give up the best player in the deal for spare parts, for which we have not enough roster space? What are you smoking?

Wild Cobra Kai
07-14-2012, 10:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6wcqdau

mosdef17
07-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Just thought of a decent idea, struggling to see which team would say no to this...

San Antonio
Gives: DeJuan Blair, Gary Neal
Receive: Taj Gibson

Chicago
Gives: Taj Gibson, Carlos Boozer
Receives: Gary Neal, Channing Frye

Phoenix
Gives: Channing Frye
Receives: Carlos Boozer, DeJuan Blair

It all works out as Phoenix has the cap space to take on Boozer. San Antonio obviously say yes to this, Phoenix would under the assumption they're happy acquiring any player with a name so they can sell tickets (Which is what I hear of Sarvar). Chicago rid themselves of that Boozer deal giving themselves considerable cap space next summer and get a cheap replacement for Kyle Korvers shooting.

Mel_13
07-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Just thought of a decent idea, struggling to see which team would say no to this...

San Antonio

Chicago

Phoenix

It all works out as Phoenix has the cap space to take on Boozer. San Antonio obviously say yes to this, Phoenix would under the assumption they're happy acquiring any player with a name so they can sell tickets (Which is what I hear of Sarvar). Chicago rid themselves of that Boozer deal giving themselves considerable cap space next summer and get a cheap replacement for Kyle Korvers shooting.

Phoenix says no.

The upgrade from Frye to Boozer isn't worth 9M, Sarver is cheap, and Boozer won't sell tickets. They're fine at PF with Scola, Morris, Beasley and Frye. They wouldn't have the cap space to do the trade without renouncing Lopez, which is something they would not want to do. Finally, they need a SG and they're looking to use a good chunk of their remaining cap space to get one.

Spursfanfromafar
07-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Phoenix says no.

The upgrade from Frye to Boozer isn't worth 9M, Sarver is cheap, and Boozer won't sell tickets. They're fine at PF with Scola, Morris, Beasley and Frye. They wouldn't have the cap space to do the trade without renouncing Lopez, which is something they would not want to do. Finally, they need a SG and they're looking to use a good chunk of their remaining cap space to get one.

Chicago says Most definitely No. They lose Boozer AND Gibson? When the Asik poison pill contract is weighing upon them and Noah is still injured? They would be crazy to blow up their front court after a successful season like last year's and previous.

Andthentherewas21
07-15-2012, 11:11 PM

San Antonio

Chicago

Phoenix

Pretty sure even the Spurs say no just to save face because every other GM in the league would pick-up the phone, laugh for 5 minutes, and then hang up.

Mel_13
07-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Chicago says Most definitely No.

I didn't say Chicago would say yes. To me, there's nothing in it for Phoenix. With Chicago, you could at least imagine a scenario where they become so desperate to rid themselves of Boozer's contract, that they attach Gibson rather than using the amnesty on Boozer. Of course, that would assume matching on Asik.

I couldn't create any scenario where Phoenix does that trade.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-16-2012, 01:27 AM
I didn't say Chicago would say yes. To me, there's nothing in it for Phoenix. With Chicago, you could at least imagine a scenario where they become so desperate to rid themselves of Boozer's contract, that they attach Gibson rather than using the amnesty on Boozer. Of course, that would assume matching on Asik.

Do you think the Pistons would be willing to move Prince? He has a long term contract & they need the playing time for their young forwards.

Mel_13
07-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Do you think the Pistons would be willing to move Prince? He has a long term contract & they need the playing time for their young forwards.

I'm sure they would, but the Spurs have his position very well covered. No need to trade for a player who will turn 33 next season and has 3 overpaid years left on his contract.

Spursfanfromafar
07-16-2012, 08:56 AM

It was actually addressed to the poster who came up with this idea. But since you were quoted, there must have been a misunderstanding.

I felt that neither Phoenix nor Chicago had anything fruitful to gain out of this transaction. And IMO, Chicago moreso.

Mel_13
07-16-2012, 09:02 AM
It was actually addressed to the poster who came up with this idea. But since you were quoted, there must have been a misunderstanding.

I felt that neither Phoenix nor Chicago had anything fruitful to gain out of this transaction. And IMO, Chicago moreso.

Ok. Looks like we agree on everything except which team, the Suns or the Bulls, hangs up the phone first.

mosdef17
07-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Ok. Looks like we agree on everything except which team, the Suns or the Bulls, hangs up the phone first.

I think Chicago's only obstacle in taking this deal would be convincing Thibs to trade one of his favourite guys in Gibson. No doubt they would ditch Boozer in exchange for some cap space next summer. Also, do they keep Gibson and sign him to a decent contract meaning they have him and Asik on the bench earning starters coin? Al Jefferson is unrestricted next season. It basically comes down to if Phoenix would take on Boozer, which after the Scola acquisition is unlikely. Bulls aren't hanging up quickly if they are listening to a trade that has Boozer exiting. They listen.

mosdef17
07-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Pretty sure even the Spurs say no just to save face because every other GM in the league would pick-up the phone, laugh for 5 minutes, and then hang up.

This reads as if you think it's not good for the Spurs? Don't know how you could arrive at that conclusion...

Mel_13
07-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I think Chicago's only obstacle in taking this deal would be convincing Thibs to trade one of his favourite guys in Gibson. No doubt they would ditch Boozer in exchange for some cap space next summer. Also, do they keep Gibson and sign him to a decent contract meaning they have him and Asik on the bench earning starters coin? Al Jefferson is unrestricted next season. It basically comes down to if Phoenix would take on Boozer which after the Scola acquisition is unlikely.

I said that I could imagine Chicago trading Boozer and Gibson if they match Asik. I just don't think it's very likely. They have a year before they have to have pay Gibson, so they have plenty of time to try to find a Boozer trade that doesn't include Gibson. They also have the option to use the amnesty on Boozer next July.

Andthentherewas21
07-16-2012, 11:09 AM
This reads as if you think it's not good for the Spurs? Don't know how you could arrive at that conclusion...

You can interpret it however you want but it reads that the Spurs wouldn't propose that trade because of how ridiculous it is. If that trade came up the Spurs would do it in a heartbeat, but there is no chance it does.

Somehow the Spurs get the best player in the deal by giving up nothing, meanwhile PHX willingly takes Boozer's contract off Chicago's hands for a undersized center they will have to re-sign after this season? This in addition to them shipping out Frye, who maybe is a little overpaid, but has more of an upside and doesn't have an injury history a mile long like the guy replacing him.

I can understand Chicago offering Gibson to get rid of Boozer. I can also understand the Spurs taking Gibson if he was offered to them. What I don't get is what is in it for PHX, especially if the Spurs are getting Gibson who is the trade bait in all this?

There is no way the frugal Suns trade a 3-year $19 million dollar contract for a 3-year $46 million dollar contract just to get Blair. And if they only wanted Boozer, then they could have traded Childress+filler instead of amnestying him.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm sure they would, but the Spurs have his position very well covered. No need to trade for a player who will turn 33 next season and has 3 overpaid years left on his contract.
you don't think Prince could play PF? I know hes skinny but his size & length could make up for that.

Mel_13
07-16-2012, 02:26 PM
you don't think Prince could play PF? I know hes skinny but his size & length could make up for that.

No. He's a below average rebounder for a SF. If the Spurs were going to make a wing into a full time PF, then Leonard is much better equipped for the job. And it would still be a very bad idea.

As it is, Leonard and Jackson are good choices for occasional use as a smallball PF, so no need for Prince.

kobyz
07-23-2012, 01:43 PM
i would like us to do this trade:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cz8cdgz

we get great complimentary big to play longside Duncan, we replace Manu with Rip who is inferior player overall but better fit for Tony Parker right now with Tony becoming more and more pure and dominate PG, also get young talent and some finance relief!

szkorhetz
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM

we get great complimentary big to play longside Duncan, we replace Manu with Rip who is inferior player overall but better fit for Tony Parker right now with Tony becoming more and more pure and dominate PG, also get young talent and some finance relief!

No, thanks.

kobyz
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
why not? i think it improve our team!

Mel_13
07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
why not? i think it improve our team!

Spurs aren't trading Manu, Bulls aren't trading Gibson, and Brewer isn't even a Bull any longer.

racm
07-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah, sure, the Spurs would trade their best player in the 2010-11 season....

Plus at this point Manu and Rip are both injury-prone, but I'd take Manu's ability to hit the 3 rather than Rip's elite midrange game.

elemento
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Manu is still much better than Rip and it's not even close.

nickdaquick
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Manu is so much better than Rip it's not even funny. Plus, I don't see how Rip would play better with Tony then Manu does. Those guys are on the same wavelength all the time and make some ridiculous plays just because of their chemistry.

Plus I think you're overvaluing Taj.

outmap
08-09-2012, 10:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8rfos9q
Pretty please. Ed Davis is a very underrated young talent.

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-09-2012, 10:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8rfos9q
Pretty please. Ed Davis is a very underrated young talent.
Hes one of their best players. only team you can expect a trade from would be Houston who has 13 forwards.

outmap
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Hes one of their best players. only team you can expect a trade from would be Houston who has 13 forwards.

I figure since they signed Valanciunas and needs an SG, they would go for it.

How about this for Houston?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9gtor4s

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-10-2012, 03:09 AM
I figure since they signed Valanciunas and needs an SG, they would go for it.

How about this for Houston?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9gtor4s
those 2 players cant be traded. thats what the little red caution signs stand for.

If any trade i would offer Blair, Neal, Byars, & a 1st round pick(maybe a 2nd round pick as well) for Terrence Jones & Marcus Morris.

Morris is a project player that needs a few years to develop & Jones is better than any player the Spurs could draft so a 1st would be worth losing.

outmap
08-10-2012, 04:01 AM
those 2 players cant be traded. thats what the little red caution signs stand for.

If any trade i would offer Blair, Neal, Byars, & a 1st round pick(maybe a 2nd round pick as well) for Terrence Jones & Marcus Morris.

Morris is a project player that needs a few years to develop & Jones is better than any player the Spurs could draft so a 1st would be worth losing.

I just hope that we make a move to counter the Howard to Lakers trade. :toast

SpurNation
08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Seen this posted on another site.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8wuhbb4

Meh. Swing for the fences now that LA got their man.

Edit: This was predicated on if the Spurs were to sign Blatche.

venitian navigator
08-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Just went on nba trade machine and this is a trade that works.

Spurs get : Patterson - Ayon

Rockets get : Byars - Neal

Magic get : Blair - Joseph

Spurs could add second choices or other draft rights or considerations

This trade could see too much in spurs favor, but there are reasons for all the teams involved to be intrigued by it.

For Rockets
Patterson plays a position where Rockets are plenty of players...looks like he's not gonna receiving a lot of playing time. The Rockets already showed interest in Neal, so essentially for them would be a one for one deal. Neal is in is prime (27 years old) and a player in a role they need, expecially considering they're gonna sell Martin at any nba team even remotely interested.
Neal, essentially, gives them the same of Martin (maybe a little less defense, but more rebounding and clutch shooting) and is already experienced (also play off experienced) enough to be considered a "young" veteran. Plus, has a wonderful contract. Plus, the Rockets can spare some money cutting Byars just after the trade.

For Magic

Also in this case is practically a one for one player.
Blair is younger than Ayon, and potentially a rebounding stud, with lots of points in his hands, at least in regular season, if given minutes : and Orlando is in full re-building mode (not exactly the right place for a veteran player like Ayon).
He can play the same role of G. Davis, as a sub or giving to Orlando the chance to put Davis on the Market for someone younger.
Plus ther's the CJ factor, meaning a play maker that Voughn should know well.

Anonymous Cowherd
08-20-2012, 03:26 PM
No reason for Orlando to give up Ayon like that.

Andthentherewas21
08-20-2012, 04:10 PM
For Magic

Also in this case is practically a one for one player.
Blair is younger than Ayon, and potentially a rebounding stud, with lots of points in his hands, at least in regular season, if given minutes : and Orlando is in full re-building mode (not exactly the right place for a veteran player like Ayon).
He can play the same role of G. Davis, as a sub or giving to Orlando the chance to put Davis on the Market for someone younger.
Plus ther's the CJ factor, meaning a play maker that Voughn should know well.

Two things:

1. While Blair does have potential to produce, his lack of ACLs also increases his potential for a shorter career and injuries. And Ayon is 27, not exactly a dinosaur.

2. Blair doesn't have the mid-range shot Davis does, and though it would make sense for the Magic to try to tank the season with the shortest frontcourt in NBA history, not sure they go that obvious of a route. Additionally, G. Davis is the player the Magic FO is marketing to ticket holders, so not sure they try to move him. Also not sure what team gives up younger players with potential for him.

venitian navigator
08-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Looking at the same players (Patterson and Ayon), there could be other ways for a win win trade that works on nba trade machine.

Ayon : We could send to Orlando both Neal (they already expressed interst about him)and Blair. This package should be enticing enough for a rebuildin team like Orlando (two younger players both well known by their coach).

Patterson : we could send Bonner + Byars's contract (plus, maybe, a 2nd choice) for him and some of the contracts that Houston should necessary cut before the starting of the season, having players in excess ...like Forbes and S. Williams.
Why this could be intriguing for Houston ?

First : Houston is maybe one of the last nba teams without a legitimate stretching four and so one of the teams that could really still see Bonner as a commodity, at least for the regular season.
That's particularly inytersting considering how well Lin has worked with a similar player, like Novak. Seeing what kind of contract Novak has received, we could say Bonner could be a bargain for them.

Second : they spare some money cutting Byars contract.

Third : we give them the chance to make in advantage the choice about the players to cut

elemento
08-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Some of you guys really underrate our players and overrate the ones in the "neighborhood".

Neal is a solid rotational player. 10/2/2 with a 54%TS/42% from 3p in 21 minutes. That's solid numbers for a rotational player that makes the minimum. And Neal is not playing in a crap team with freedom to do whatever he wants to pad his numbers (Hello Gee).

He is not good defensively and obviously has some flaws, but that's the case of most bench players.

There's no reason for San Antonio to give up both Blair and Neal for a player like Ayon. 6ppg/5rpg in 20 minutes. He is pretty much a 27 y/o Center with below average size and little upside.

Even Patterson, who pretty much everyone is willing to give up a lot has big flaws and is coming from a major sophomore slump. If you guys complain about Splitter's post game, you guys would cry watching Patterson trying to play in the post. 8ppg/4rpg with a 45%TS and 11PER.

He is still young, but he was a big disappointment last season. Considering that Houston has Motiejunas, White, Jones, Patterson, Morris, Johnson, Simpson and Brockman, I don't see why SA has to give up the world for him. If Morey wants too much, screw him and simply move on. It's not like Patterson is a can't miss prospect. If he was, Morey wouldn't have a thousand PFs in his roster right now.

Andthentherewas21
08-21-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't see why SA has to give up the world for him.

No one is saying give up the world for Patterson, just Neal and/or Blair. Both of which have no future with the team after next season. Now I could understand being a little hesitant about including a 1st rounder with it, but also keep in mind the last two 1st rounders the Spurs drafted were Corey Joseph and James Anderson.

Bruno
10-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Not sure if he was there to scout teams or to scout specific player(s).

And seeing how Bonner and Blair have been bad lately, Spurs better looks seriously at some trade targets. Bucks with a player like Ekpe Udoh could be a nice trade partner for Spurs.

mountainballer
10-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Layden might just have visited old friends, considering his relation with the Jazz.
(on the other hand, wouldn't he go to Utha, if that's the motivation?)
anway, he was likely just doing homework scouting on some competitors.
but........if the Spurs are looking for other teams big men, it's either the Jazz and the Blazers are intriguing.
Kanter looks very good in the pre season (has lost weight and is much quicker) and his role and minutes on the team should increase significantly. and he might be better playing PF. so the Jazz get even more reason to listen to offers for either Millsap or Jefferson. don't know if Spurs would have a chance to get them, if they don't include Splitter they likely won't.

DPG21920
10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
It's not just Kanter either - Favors is showing a lot of promise. Given, it's only pre-season, but between what Kanter/Favors showed near the end of last year and so far this pre-season, UTA might very well be open to the idea of a trade. Only issue is they have some depth where we have something to offer (guard: Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Watson...). But, as Bruno mentioned earlier another barrier to a trade is that they are trying to win while rebuilding too so they might not want to move good pieces because having that many talented bigs is rare.

freetiago
11-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Spurs should try targeting Darrel Arthur who im sure spurs fans remember
memphis is doing well without him and we have some great shooters who could really help out their spacing
arthur for neal+bonner
they get a quality 5th big + a big time shooter to backup tony allen

id only be worried about it making memphis to good
neals way better then any shooter they have now and theyre still winning without any spacing

elemento
11-15-2012, 09:34 AM
But Arthur got hurt again. That's a major concern. He had a very serious injury and then got injured again after a very short period of time.

I don't think SA would gamble on a guy that needs time to recover and I don't think SA needs another injury-prone guy. They have enough with Manu and Splitter.

I do agree he would help, but he needs to be healthy to do it.

Russo21
11-20-2012, 12:29 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cgvuwso

Russo21
11-20-2012, 12:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cg7ccsm

ABC
11-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Derrick Williams was the second overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, but it is difficult to see how he fits into the Minnesota Timberwolves plans.
Williams went from starting at power forward to not playing a single minute in Wednesday's game as Kevin Love returned from a broken hand.

Rick Adelman appears to prefer the experience from Dante Cunningham and Lou Amundson.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224617/Derrick_Williams_Goes_From_Starter_To_DNP

Any chance the Wolves would dump him for Bonner, a guard or two, and a 1st and a 2nd round pick? What would it take to get him if the Spurs were interested?

Bruno
11-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Any chance the Wolves would dump him for Bonner, a guard or two, and a 1st and a 2nd round pick? What would it take to get him if the Spurs were interested?

Minny could be interested in Neal. They are a bad 3 point shooting team and they will need a SG with Roy likely re-retiring. Spurs could offer a Bonner+Neal+1st round pick package for Williams. It likely won't be enough but it's worth a phone call.

DPG21920
11-23-2012, 04:46 PM
He kind of sucks and I don't see the point in giving up Neal + a first rounder for a guy who will still be at best the Spurs 4th best big man (Tim/Tiago/Boris all ahead for sure - possibly even Blair.)

NASpurs
11-23-2012, 05:18 PM
What about someone like Viacheslav Kravtsov? Is he any good? He's just rotting away on the Pistons bench who are rotating four big men ahead of him.

Spursfanfromafar
11-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Minny could be interested in Neal. They are a bad 3 point shooting team and they will need a SG with Roy likely re-retiring. Spurs could offer a Bonner+Neal+1st round pick package for Williams. It likely won't be enough but it's worth a phone call.

Umm..the only thing going for Derrick Williams is that he is a No 2 pick and has a high ceiling. But since the Spurs are focussed on winning a championship, I think they would prefer to hold on to Neal and Bonner than to take up the Williams project.

Williams' number in both his rookie and his current season show him up as a project rather than a piece in a championship contender.

I hate Bonner too, but I guess I will hold on to him, until I can get a more useful role player (defensive minded PF) but Derrick Williams will not work for now.

Paranoid Pop
11-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Rumor says the Jazz are shopping Burks, not sure what they want for him and I know full well it doesn't address an immediate need but I would love to get him.

Splitter for Favors + Burks? Do they like white guys enough to do it?

DPG21920
11-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Favors has shown himself to be promising. Probably better than Splitter or at least close. Don't see them doing that for Tiago.

Paranoid Pop
11-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Favors has shown himself to be promising. Probably better than Splitter or at least close. Don't see them doing that for Tiago.

Yeah, they most likely want to ship Burks + one of Jefferson/Millsap and they probably want a point guard back.

Sperone Italiano
11-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I think he [Varejao] would be the right player for our front-court rotation.

Good defender both in single coverage and in helpside, great rebounder, he's big and tough. We desperately need a 7 foot (although he's 6-11) with those skills, something Bonner, Blair and Splitter can't add.

Cleveland is trying to rebuild, and I think they could settle for Jack's contract coupled with a draft pick and maybe a young prospect (Blair? De Colo?).
I hope RC is thinking of something like that, cause the rotation we have at the moment would be destroyed by Lakers' and Grizzlies' front courts.

Paranoid Pop
11-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Bonner + Blair for Evans + Teletovic in a "let's trade our scrubs for your scrubs, you never know" kinda trade.

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2012, 03:56 AM
does the wolves still have randolf??...whatever happen to this clown? spurs should have a look

Spursfanfromafar
11-26-2012, 06:57 AM
One guy that I think the Spurs could target in a trade is Gustavo Ayon who plays for the Magic. Last season, he was a revelation with the Hornets and did well under Monty Williams' tutelage. He isn't having the same kinda year with the mediocre Magic, but I think he can be a good role player for the Spurs. His is a cheap contract and I don't think the Magic will let him go, but if we can entice them with a pick and Corey Joseph (Jacque Vaughn's "protege"), then maybe perhaps. ESPN trade machine returns that the trade won't pass for want of $56,000 (!), but I think there must be a workaround (cash?).

Mel_13
11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
One guy that I think the Spurs could target in a trade is Gustavo Ayon who plays for the Magic. Last season, he was a revelation with the Hornets and did well under Monty Williams' tutelage. He isn't having the same kinda year with the mediocre Magic, but I think he can be a good role player for the Spurs. His is a cheap contract and I don't think the Magic will let him go, but if we can entice them with a pick and Corey Joseph (Jacque Vaughn's "protege"), then maybe perhaps. ESPN trade machine returns that the trade won't pass for want of $56,000 (!), but I think there must be a workaround (cash?).

That trade would work. The trade machine erroneously counts the Spurs as over the luxury tax and applies the 125% rule. The Spurs are below the tax threshold and the 150% rule applies. Just have to convince Orlando to trade a young center for a young PG.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6164040

Spursfanfromafar
11-26-2012, 07:59 AM
That trade would work. The trade machine erroneously counts the Spurs as over the luxury tax and applies the 125% rule. The Spurs are below the tax threshold and the 150% rule applies. Just have to convince Orlando to trade a young center for a young PG.

Thanks. If Ayon continues to underwhelm and Magic get into a stronger logjam when Al Harrington returns from injury, I guess... the possibilities of prying Ayon will be higher. How is Cory Joseph doing so far in the NBDL? Has the league started for the Toros?

Mel_13
11-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks. If Ayon continues to underwhelm and Magic get into a stronger logjam when Al Harrington returns from injury, I guess... the possibilities of prying Ayon will be higher. How is Cory Joseph doing so far in the NBDL? Has the league started for the Toros?

Opening night is Dec 1st. Cory played in one preseason game for the Toros:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20121116/AUSRGV/gameinfo.html

ABC
11-26-2012, 12:08 PM
If Toronto wants to clear up cap space next summer (something Bruno mentioned as a possibility in the Free Agency thread), they could trade Amir Johnson for expiring contracts so they could amnesty Kleiza or Bargnani. Bonner has a million guaranteed, so it's not perfect, but they might be interested in something the Spurs could put together (Bonner, other expirings, pick).

sinok
11-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Ayon isn't that young actually. He is 1985 born, thus 27 yo.

DPG21920
11-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Millsap is highly likely to be on the table come the trade deadline. His role is being diminished more and more regularly with the emergence of Favors. He can't be happy with his role considering it's a contract year and surely hurting his value. He is going to walk for nothing if they don't move him (assuming they don't re-sign him which would be difficult to imagine as it's a lot of money to pay for a guy who you don't really want to play in crunch time over Favors).

Expiring contracts, decent talent and draft picks will be the likely package and Spurs have that.

Bruno - thoughts on this? Diaw and Tiago seem to be a good combo (at least they are improving). With that in mind if you can replace Blair with Millsap in the starting line up next to Tim, don't the Spurs have to be interested?

Paranoid Pop
11-27-2012, 12:44 AM
I'd seriously consider selling high on Tiago right now.

We know he can't really be difference maker vs teams that go small, can't post up PGs, it's like Bonner who can be guarded by midgets, it's only interesting on paper, irl there's no real mismatch.

And vs big teams like the lakers/grizz he doesn't do much, he's there to rebound essentially and he's not exactly elite at that.

Boston could be interested, he would be a good fit next to Garnett and Green who are both preimeter oriented. Now why would they take him over a beast like Varejao, well his salary is pretty low and they don't exactly have much flexibility/tradeable contracts. I'd do Tiago for Bradley + one of their rookie big, it's a long shot and I don't think Boston would go for it but I think it would help our chance in the playoff way more than it would hurt them.

We also need a veteran big for the minimum no matter what to be clear, my line of thinking is that the drop off with say a McDyes wouldn't be that bad.

The other movable piece aside from Splitter is clearly SJax thanks to his expiring contract, but I think Sjax is harder to replace since he can be such a good PF defender/playoff performer (and just a tough mofo), I'd only do it if we could get Kenyon Martin and if we get him I'm not sure we'd look to make a move anymore. But if we could get someone cheap and good at the 3 like Gelabale (ever since Bruno mentioned he was going to be availlable soon it seems like a great idea) and get a good big via trade, it could make for a pretty awesome move.

elemento
11-27-2012, 08:08 AM
The guy I would target is Emeka Okafor. It would be a gamble similar to what Dallas did back in 10 with Tyson Chandler. He has a high bbiq, he is a good rebounder and shot-blocker. Not the best situation for him in Washington and i think a guy like him would flourish in SA's system.

It's pretty clear that the Ariza/Okafor experiment was a major failure for Washington. At this point, Washignton would gladly move them for expirings. Perfect target to move BonBon. SA would have to use Jackson's expiring though.

Bruno
11-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Bruno - thoughts on this? Diaw and Tiago seem to be a good combo (at least they are improving). With that in mind if you can replace Blair with Millsap in the starting line up next to Tim, don't the Spurs have to be interested?

Keeping both Millsap and Al Jefferson seems too much for Utah if they want to develop Favors and Kanter. Millsap seems to be the odd man out right now. The issue, is that, even if Spurs are interested, they don't really have the necessary pieces to get him. Other teams could/would offer a better package for him.

While I can see Spurs doing a trade to get a bigman, it will likely be for a low profile player because they don't have the assets to get better. Derrick Williams was an interesting option talked few days ago. I would throw another name after yesterday's game: Jan Vesely.

ABC
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Derrick Williams was an interesting option talked few days ago. I would throw another name after yesterday's game: Jan Vesely.

What do you think it would take to get Vesely? Bonner and 1st round pick works salary wise, but I'm not sure Washington would do it. Blair and two of Mills/Neal/Joseph? Bonner and a guard for Vesely and filler?

I still like the idea of Williams. He's not super athletic, but he is young and skilled and could work in the Spurs system.

elemento
11-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Vesely is super athletic but he is completely lost offensively and defensively. Way too raw to help now. I definitely prefer the Derrick Williams idea. He is much more skilled and ready to contribute now. The situation for him in Minny is bad and he will never flourish with Love there.

Considering Minny's situation now at the 2 position with Roy probably retiring again, they would love to have Green or Neal. I just throwed the idea of Green + Blair for Williams and Minny fans from realgm loved it. They need a 2 that can defend and shoot to pair with Rubio and Green is a perfect fit. But again, would the Spurs FO do it ? I doubt it considering Green's role in SA as the starting 2.
Neal + Blair + Bonner makes much more sense for SA, but I don't think Minny would be thrilled with that offer.

I agree with Bruno that knowing the SA's FO, they will probably pursue a low profile player getting little PT due to a glut at the position. Guys like Patterson, Udoh and Williams, etc.

Bruno
11-27-2012, 11:19 AM
What do you think it would take to get Vesely? Bonner and 1st round pick works salary wise, but I'm not sure Washington would do it. Blair and two of Mills/Neal/Joseph? Bonner and a guard for Vesely and filler?

With the way Vesely is playing Bonner and a 1st should be enough. The 1st might be even not needed. However, I think Wizards will wait a little before making him available. Once Wall is back, Vesely might fit better and they might too get a new coach.

Duncan2177
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Keeping both Millsap and Al Jefferson seems too much for Utah if they want to develop Favors and Kanter. Millsap seems to be the odd man out right now. The issue, is that, even if Spurs are interested, they don't really have the necessary pieces to get him. Other teams could/would offer a better package for him.

While I can see Spurs doing a trade to get a bigman, it will likely be for a low profile player because they don't have the assets to get better. Derrick Williams was an interesting option talked few days ago. I would throw another name after yesterday's game: Jan Vesely.

Or Kevin Seraphin?

Bruno
11-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Or Kevin Seraphin?

I don't see Wizards being interested in trading him.

I see two types of players who could be good targets for Spurs: vet players on a young rebuilding team or young talented players who struggles with their current team.

ABC
11-27-2012, 03:08 PM
With the way Vesely is playing Bonner and a 1st should be enough. The 1st might be even not needed. However, I think Wizards will wait a little before making him available. Once Wall is back, Vesely might fit better and they might too get a new coach.

Thanks, Bruno. With Vesely's upside, I think Bonner and a 1st is worth it. Hopefully the Spurs can do something to improve the frontcourt for this season, but getting a project big for a reasonable price would be ok.

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 06:25 PM

I am not so sure I fully agree about the Spurs chances to get him. How much value can Millsap have if everyone knows UTA will not sign him in the offseasn and that he will walk for no compensation? Why give up a lot if you can get him in free agency? If that is the case, it will really be contenders who want him at the deadline (instead of bad teams with cap space that can sign him without giving up anything in the offseason) and their aren't a lot of contenders with expiring contracts right now with the relationship the Spurs have with the UTA front office.

TD 21
11-27-2012, 07:19 PM
It would take a three way trade to acquire Millsap because a package built around Jackson and Blair solves what for them? Millsap is expiring anyway, so there goes Jackson's value and Blair doesn't have much value. Even if you add a 1st, how much value is a late 20's pick going to have? They'd probably have to send Splitter to a third team and acquire either a lottery pick or a quality PG prospect to satisfy the Jazz. Suffice it to say, that makes no sense.

I was thinking Varejao for a while, but he's playing so far out of his mind that I no longer see that happening. At this point, I'm back to hoping for Amir Johnson, but to play a different role than the one I envisioned two off seasons ago. I detail why he makes sense in my "Eliminated in the Conference Semis" thread.

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
We just disagree. They won't want to take on salary (Jackson expiring gives them that) so they can keep the cap space from the expiring. They might want a decent role player (Spurs have plenty of those) & a draft pick (Spurs have that). To me it boils down to why would a team with cap space give up a good first rounder when they can just sign Millsap in FA for free without giving up any assets at all. Not to mention, Millsap's value has taken a hit because of UTA not playing him as much and his numbers are suffering.

They may get something better than the Spurs offer, but I highly doubt they get a lottery pick + expirings for a guy everyone knows they are not resigning.

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Plus some other factors to consider: Several contenders/playoff teams that have expiring contracts to trade (like Atlanta) are seemingly lining up a run at Dwight Howard/CP3 possibly. They might be wary of giving up any cap space/making any moves at the trade deadline because of that.

I am sure a lot of teams will be interested, but what other teams have the expiring+young talent+high picks out there to compete?

TD 21
11-28-2012, 12:10 AM
We just disagree. They won't want to take on salary (Jackson expiring gives them that) so they can keep the cap space from the expiring. They might want a decent role player (Spurs have plenty of those) & a draft pick (Spurs have that). To me it boils down to why would a team with cap space give up a good first rounder when they can just sign Millsap in FA for free without giving up any assets at all. Not to mention, Millsap's value has taken a hit because of UTA not playing him as much and his numbers are suffering.

They may get something better than the Spurs offer, but I highly doubt they get a lottery pick + expirings for a guy everyone knows they are not resigning.

But by keeping the cap space, what did they gain? They just downgraded players (while taking on more money in the process). Blair isn't valuable enough to offset this, plus he'd be a poor fit given the relative lack of shooting amongst Jefferson, Favors and Kanter.

I see what you're saying though. What they'll want (one of: lottery pick, dynamic wing player, PG of the future), it's unlikely they'll get because he can just walk at season's end. Also, most contenders and even pseudo contenders are set at PF. It would probably require someone seeing him as a potential over the top piece for them to get what they're looking for and I doubt anyone views him that way.

I'd offer Diaw, Blair, Joseph, Anderson and a 1st; then I'd sign McDyess.

DPG21920
11-28-2012, 12:11 AM
I'd say even a Neal would be a pretty nice player for them. Spurs could send cash to offset Jax's extra money. They would gain a pick + player they like and keep their cap space vs. just having their cap space. Seems like what will likely happen, Spurs or not.

TD 21
11-28-2012, 12:31 AM
I'd say even a Neal would be a pretty nice player for them. Spurs could send cash to offset Jax's extra money. They would gain a pick + player they like and keep their cap space vs. just having their cap space. Seems like what will likely happen, Spurs or not.

But they've got Foye to play the Neal role. Granted, he's up after this season too, but still. And I'm not even sure the Spurs would part with Jackson, other than for a real game changer.

Diaw would be a nice fit for them, Joseph is a decent PG prospect (although his ceiling is probably 15 mpg backup) and 25-30 or not, a 1st is still a 1st. So that would be three decent pieces. Blair would basically be filler, but they could still take a look at him.

You're making too much of maintaining their cap space. They've got roughly $26.116 M (and could shave another roughly $789 by waiving Murphy) committed for next season. The cap projects to be around $60M. Diaw and Joseph make roughly a combined $5.8, still leaving them in excess of $28M under the cap.

Paranoid Pop
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Not even sure I'd do Boris for Millsap straight up tbh, I really don't see the point, rebounding gets a bit better, passing gets a lot worse, after last year playoffs I'm not convinced this is an upgrade.

Same with Sjax who is the best back up PF in a 'projected' playoff rotation.

Tbh at this point I'd just try to sign Gelabale and send Blair for the earliest second round pick we can get.

Duncan Splitter
Diaw SJax
Kawhi Gelabale
Green Manu
TP Neal?

If I trade with the Jazz, I make sure they send Burks to make it worth it, someone that can be developped and part of the future and at the same time that has a chance right now to stay with a beast like Bledsoe on defense.

Paranoid Pop
11-28-2012, 01:19 AM
If we keep SJax (and ultimately I think this is the prefered option because no one really wants to part with him) he has to play PF after his mindboggling defense on several elite PFs like Dirk, Aldrigde and so on, so let's get a 3 and send Blair somewhere to make it happen.

elemento
11-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Millsap is better than all our bigs not named Duncan, but is he really the answer for SA? 6'7 in shoes, struggles against size and Boris Diaw had not problem to hold him to a pathetic 12ppg @ 37%FG in the playoffs. I would love to have him as a 6th man providing instant offense off the bench, but i don't see him as the starting PF that would take SA to the next level.

Millsap is pretty much what we expected Blair to be if he had work ethic from day 1. Plus, Millsap not signing an extension doesn't mean the Jazz will let him go. Millsap refused to sign an extension because he knows he can get more in the open market. 4/40 is absolutely his floor.

A decent partner for the Jazz could be the Clippers. Bledsoe is ready to explode and he will never have the chance in LAC with Paul there. Considering how pathetic Odom has been, they could use his expiring + Bledsoe to land Millsap. PG is the only position that the Jazz does't have a young prospect (they have Burks, Hayward, Favors and Kanter) and the Clippers bench in terms of bigs is really weak. BK could be another decent partner in a S&T.

Anyway, It's pretty hard to find the ideal partner. Our "expendables" are not enough to land a good PF and most fans are not willing to give up talent to get talent. It's usually trash for talent and it simply doesn't happen in real world unless you're the Lakers.

Paranoid Pop
11-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Just read a trade article at PtR, don't think any of the trade suggested are realistic but I think Biyombo as a target is interesting enough.

Bruno do you think they'd part with him for anything less than Kawhi or that they'd even consider parting with him bar none? I haven't read the slighest trade rumor involving him tbh so I'm pretty sceptical. Green (UNC legend :lol) + pick doesn't seem enough but that would be nice :

Duncan Splitter
Biyombo Sjax
Boris Gelabale
Kawhi Manu
TP

Boris and KY would be a tad slow at their position but I think it could work vs any of the bigger teams.

Bruno
11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Bruno do you think they'd part with him for anything less than Kawhi or that they'd even consider parting with him bar none? I haven't read the slighest trade rumor involving him tbh so I'm pretty sceptical.

I don't see why Charlotte would trade Biyombo or why Spurs would give up a lot to get him. These trade proposal posts made on various Spurs fans blogs are quite random.

On a side note, I really think the Derrick Williams situation is worth keeping an eye on. He got 3 DNP-CD in the last 4 games. If it continues like that, there will be a moment where Minny won't be interested in keeping a player that will make $5M next year. Bonner, with his almost expiring contract, and Neal, a player that could help them a lot, could start to sound like a intriguing package for them.

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-28-2012, 12:49 PM
does the wolves still have randolf??...whatever happen to this clown? spurs should have a look
He's with Denver now but it looks like hes stuck at the end of their bench.

Chinook
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't see why Charlotte would trade Biyombo or why Spurs would give up a lot to get him. These trade proposal posts made on various Spurs fans blogs are quite random.

On a side note, I really think the Derrick Williams situation is worth keeping an eye on. He got 3 DNP-CD in the last 4 games. If it continues like that, there will be a moment where Minny won't be interested in keeping a player that will make $5M next year. Bonner, with his almost expiring contract, and Neal, a player that could help them a lot, could start to sound like a intriguing package for them.

I think someone will get him, but I think Minnesota is holding out hope that someone will consider him a star in the making and give up a lot for him. I could see him being part of Cleveland's compensation in a Varejao trade (with Varejao going to some third team). Bonner/sweeteners will probably be there at the deadline if not in June. The Wolves may decide to hold on to him until then.

The only thing I see forcing their hand is if their wing position deteriorates even more. Neal would be valuable to them. But with the health of Jack, Leonard and Ginobili in flux, can the Spurs afford to part with him?

TD 21
11-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Millsap is better than all our bigs not named Duncan, but is he really the answer for SA? 6'7 in shoes, struggles against size and Boris Diaw had not problem to hold him to a pathetic 12ppg @ 37%FG in the playoffs. I would love to have him as a 6th man providing instant offense off the bench, but i don't see him as the starting PF that would take SA to the next level.

Millsap is pretty much what we expected Blair to be if he had work ethic from day 1. Plus, Millsap not signing an extension doesn't mean the Jazz will let him go. Millsap refused to sign an extension because he knows he can get more in the open market. 4/40 is absolutely his floor.

A decent partner for the Jazz could be the Clippers. Bledsoe is ready to explode and he will never have the chance in LAC with Paul there. Considering how pathetic Odom has been, they could use his expiring + Bledsoe to land Millsap. PG is the only position that the Jazz does't have a young prospect (they have Burks, Hayward, Favors and Kanter) and the Clippers bench in terms of bigs is really weak. BK could be another decent partner in a S&T.

Anyway, It's pretty hard to find the ideal partner. Our "expendables" are not enough to land a good PF and most fans are not willing to give up talent to get talent. It's usually trash for talent and it simply doesn't happen in real world unless you're the Lakers.

I don't know that he's necessarily the answer, but he's the closest they can realistically get and given how little they'd be giving up in my proposal, it would be a no brainer.

Not bad. But would the Clippers give up Bledsoe for a guy they'd be hard pressed to re-sign? And would he even want to re-sign, knowing he couldn't start and probably couldn't even crack 30 mpg? Keep in mind, this is someone who's early in their prime.

Generally speaking, I agree, the usual suspects aren't enough to land a good PF; but I think this one's got a chance because I think they'll be hard pressed to get one of the pieces they're looking for. Then it becomes a question of taking a decent package or letting him walk for nothing.

At some point, having 37 former executives sprinkled around the league has got to pay off for the Spurs.

elemento
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I didn't see your proposal TD, but if it doesn't include the BIG 3 or Leonard, it's obviously worth a look no doubt.

It's hard to tell if the Clips want to trade Bledsoe to improve the team or if Millsap is willing to be a 6th man off the bench or if he wants to be starter. The Clips idea simply states needs. The Jazz needs a PG of the future and the Clips needs help in the front-court. In the end, it takes only one GM who likes a player to make a trade happen. Who would think that an expiring Chase Budinger would bring a mid 1st round pick in this stacked draft. (probably a request from Aldeman but still).

It takes only 1 GM to like Splitter, Neal or even Blair to make the trade happen. Sometimes Spurs fans don't value our players much, but other GMs do. Hill is perfect example of that.

Anyway, we will see if SA brings someone. I'd love to see it happening.

Paranoid Pop
11-29-2012, 08:17 AM
How about Brandan Wright from Dallas? Doubt Dallas would trade with us but could be a decent signing next summer.

TD 21
11-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I didn't see your proposal TD, but if it doesn't include the BIG 3 or Leonard, it's obviously worth a look no doubt.

It's hard to tell if the Clips want to trade Bledsoe to improve the team or if Millsap is willing to be a 6th man off the bench or if he wants to be starter. The Clips idea simply states needs. The Jazz needs a PG of the future and the Clips needs help in the front-court. In the end, it takes only one GM who likes a player to make a trade happen. Who would think that an expiring Chase Budinger would bring a mid 1st round pick in this stacked draft. (probably a request from Aldeman but still).

It takes only 1 GM to like Splitter, Neal or even Blair to make the trade happen. Sometimes Spurs fans don't value our players much, but other GMs do. Hill is perfect example of that.

Anyway, we will see if SA brings someone. I'd love to see it happening.

It was Diaw, Blair, Joseph, Anderson and a 1st.

I disagree. They can only part with Splitter if they're getting a solid backup center back, otherwise he's off limits and so is Green. Not because he's some amazing talent, but because they don't have another guard to replace what he brings. Even Diaw, I'm only including him because of the player they'd be getting back and the fact that they couldn't consistently play together anyway.

I think the Clippers would at the very least strongly consider it, if Millsap had at least another year on his contract. But given that they'd be hard pressed to re-sign him, it's probably unlikely. The Jazz would almost certainly do it though.

Chinook
11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
It was Diaw, Blair, Joseph, Anderson and a 1st.

I don't think it's going to be possible to trade away that combination of players. Diaw can't be traded until the 15th. Anderson can't be traded until, ironically enough, the trade deadline. He almost certainly will be cut by then, because the tenth of January is when all contracts become guaranteed. I think he'll get waived within a week from today, maybe two weeks when Jack comes back.

Chinook
11-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Also, Diaw (and Mills) has a de-facto no-trade clause this year, due to him having a player option at the end of the season. He can choose to negate a trade in order to keep his early-Bird rights.

TD 21
11-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think it's going to be possible to trade away that combination of players. Diaw can't be traded until the 15th. Anderson can't be traded until, ironically enough, the trade deadline. He almost certainly will be cut by then, because the tenth of January is when all contracts become guaranteed. I think he'll get waived within a week from today, maybe two weeks when Jack comes back.

I know Diaw can't be traded now. If this were to happen, it would happen close to or (more likely) at the deadline. Anderson will almost certainly be long gone by then, but he's irrelevant; it's his salary that's needed. So replace him with De Colo and bring him back to be the 13th man.

Even if Diaw had the power to block this, how many players want to be on a team that wants to trade them? If he did though, the Spurs could still offer Jackson, Blair, Joseph and a 1st for Millsap and Bell. I don't see the Jazz doing it though.

td4mvp21
12-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Is anyone familiar with Larry Sanders? On paper it looks like he could help the bigman rotation enormously on the defensive end - he's top 5 in the league in blocks and a good rebounder. Would he help in reality, though? I haven't seen him play, so that's why I ask.

A Blair+Neal swap works financially. But is Sanders too good of a prospect for the Bucks to even consider it? Blair and Neal are expiring (very little cap relief, though), plus Neal gives them more offensive firepower, which they need ATM. Other than that, I can't see why the Bucks would go for this trade.

Mel_13
12-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Is anyone familiar with Larry Sanders? On paper it looks like he could help the bigman rotation enormously on the defensive end - he's top 5 in the league in blocks and a good rebounder. Would he help in reality, though? I haven't seen him play, so that's why I ask.

A Blair+Neal swap works financially. But is Sanders too good of a prospect for the Bucks to even consider it? Blair and Neal are expiring (very little cap relief, though), plus Neal gives them more offensive firepower, which they need ATM. Other than that, I can't see why the Bucks would go for this trade.

Young big on the third year of a rookie contract putting up big numbers. No reason for the Bucks to trade him for a package like Blair+Neal.

elemento
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
The Bucks have no reason to trade a guy in his rookie contract putting very good numbers. Not for a package including Neal + Blair. Udoh would be a more realistic target if SA has any interest.

I don't think TD's package get it done to get Millsap. It's a a really "meh" package. The Jazz could do better than that.

Chinook
12-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Trading Diaw would be sort of difficult. His tradeability is doubly linked to his performance. He has to play well enough to be of value to his new team, but not so well that he is out-playing his contract. If he's playing well enough to try for a new contract, it would make sense to veto any trade that causes him to relinquish his early-Bird rights. Not counting teams with cap space, the largest contract a new team could offer him would be 4/22.9, which would be his non-Bird contract. If he were to opt out next offseason after staying with the Spurs, he could make up to 4/33.4. That's a big enough difference to make a veto likely in that circumstance. Of, course, Diaw is more likely to grow wings than play like an 8.5/year player again. He's much more likely to go back to Charlotte form. That Diaw is pretty worthless, since he would be extremely unlikely to opt-out then, so he wouldn't even be an expiring contract.

TL;DR: Unless Diaw is playing right at about an average level, it doesn't make sense for a team to trade for him, unless they're getting sweeteners/getting rid of a player or contract they don't want/want to use about a good deal of cap space on him if he plays really well for the rest of the season. Sucky Diaw or Triple-Double Diaw probably stay in San Antonio for at least the rest of the year.

Chinook
12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
For Mills, it makes less sense to stay, as the most the Spurs can offer (not counting cap space) is a mid-level contract, which almost every other team in the league can also offer. He gains flexibility by staying and opting out in July (only San Antonio and teams with cap space could sign him for that much without using their MLE), but he doesn't gain much money. It's almost certain he's opting out if he gets any type of consistent playing time this year unless he's just in love with San Antonio and wants to stay no matter what.

TD 21
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM
The Bucks have no reason to trade a guy in his rookie contract putting very good numbers. Not for a package including Neal + Blair. Udoh would be a more realistic target if SA has any interest.

I don't think TD's package get it done to get Millsap. It's a a really "meh" package. The Jazz could do better than that.

I brought this exact trade up in the summer. Suffice it to say, if the Spurs offered that now, the Bucks wouldn't even consider it.

As I've said in the past, I don't see a deal to be made for Udoh. He'd be a questionable fit anyway. He's not good enough to start, doesn't shoot it well enough or with enough range to work next to Splitter and is such a poor defensive rebounder that he wouldn't work as the backup center, either.

If a Millsap trade doesn't come to fruition, I'm not sure the Spurs will even make a trade. But one situation to keep an eye on is Camby's. He's out of the rotation now and this is with Stoudemire out. Throw in the Knicks bloated payroll for the next two seasons (Bonner's non guaranteed contract for next season would likely hold appeal) and I'd imagine he'd be available.

Rumors were rampant that the Spurs were supposedly interested in the summer. The question is, was it to pave the way for Splitter to start or to be traded? It's difficult to imagine them keeping Splitter in this scenario, given that Camby couldn't play with Duncan or Splitter, which would mean Splitter would have to play almost exclusively with Duncan and Duncan and Diaw would play very little together. It's difficult to imagine the Spurs resorting to that.

elemento
12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
tbh I don't even think SA has any interest in Udoh (he is already old for a prospect and I agree with your description of him and I would only add as a plus his shot-blocking skills). I simply mentioned him now because I don't think Sanders is available after what he has showed this season. I would take the gamble for cheap, but the FO probably wouldn't.

Camby is definitely an interesting target and he is indeed barely playing in NY, but the Knicks gave him a shit contract considering his age (4.5m/4.3m/1m buyout). It's essencialy a 10m contract for an injury-prone 38 y/o Center . I don't doubt that the FO was interested, plus his defense and shot-blocking skills would be welcome, but I am damn sure that was not the price they were willing to pay.

Again, for BonBon straight up, I say hell yeah. But I am not the FO and they obviously factor money here. As for Splitter, even as a Brazilian, I am not against trading him if the offer is good. Trading him without bringing a good backup Center would be huge mistake though.

Paranoid Pop
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Kenyon MArtin is still out there, don't get it, did Del Negro send an email to all the FOs saying he was a headcase or something or does he really want too much money/playing time. Playing him next to Tim would be great, sure, it'd be an old frontline but pretty awesome defensively.

Anyway is there any chance the Bucks even think about trading Illyasova if he keeps playing badly? I'd send Tiago+Green to get him tbh.

szkorhetz
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I would love to get Randolph here.
Good rebounder, amazing shot-blocking ability and very mobile. Of course his offense is bad, but he would be a perfect fit with both Duncan, Diaw.

TD 21
12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
tbh I don't even think SA has any interest in Udoh (he is already old for a prospect and I agree with your description of him and I would only add as a plus his shot-blocking skills). I simply mentioned him now because I don't think Sanders is available after what he has showed this season. I would take the gamble for cheap, but the FO probably wouldn't.

Camby is definitely an interesting target and he is indeed barely playing in NY, but the Knicks gave him a shit contract considering his age (4.5m/4.3m/1m buyout). It's essencialy a 10m contract for an injury-prone 38 y/o Center . I don't doubt that the FO was interested, plus his defense and shot-blocking skills would be welcome, but I am damn sure that was not the price they were willing to pay.

Again, for BonBon straight up, I say hell yeah. But I am not the FO and they obviously factor money here. As for Splitter, even as a Brazilian, I am not against trading him if the offer is good. Trading him without bringing a good backup Center would be huge mistake though.

Same.

It is a shit contract, but at the same time, it's really only for two years and with the flexibility they figure to have after this season, $4.3M on him is pretty much irrelevant, especially with Bonner off the books. To me, it's less about his contract and more about the fit and what other piece they'd have to give up (as bad as his contract looks, it's moveable, so it would take something of decent value).

Chinook
12-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Mbah a Moute, anyone? I know the Bucks liked him enough to match Denver's offer, so they may not seem likely to let him go. But they have four PFs (five if you count Ilyasova) who are on long-term, non-rookie-salary (except Udoh) deals. They can't want them all that badly, especially because it seems they don't consider any of them legitimate centers (they have three of those).

Is Mbah a Moute worth dealing some of the Spurs' players for?

Bruno
12-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Mbah a Moute might be an interesting trade target. Bucks are loaded at the PF spot but are very thin at the SF spot, so I guess his availability will depend on his ability to be a full time SF. If he can't do that well, Bucks will surely look at getting ride of his contract.

Chinook
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
It doesn't seem like he's going to be very successful at the SF spot. He doesn't shoot well enough be effective offensively. That said, I heard he is a stud defensively. I don't know about for sure after looking at his stats, but if he lives up to his reputation, he'd be really valuable.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Spurs can help Milwaukee with their wing problem. The Spurs aren't trading Kawhi; the Bucks want no part of Jackson; and Anderson is only tradeable at the deadline. Unlike with the Wolves, Gary Neal has little value to a team with Monta Ellis on it.

Sean88888
12-06-2012, 05:41 AM
I like Larry Sanders more than Mbah a Moute. He has a presence in the post, he can block shots and he looks pretty good offensively. I don't know who the Bucks would want though.

Paranoid Pop
12-07-2012, 02:09 PM
What about Aminu? Expiring contract, a defensive monkeyballer who may be fast enough to keep up with Durant and maybe strong enough to defend Griffin. I haven't seen him play since opening day tbh so he may be scrubing right now tho.

I'd go for Green for Aminu. We have too many guards, salaries match, I'm not a big fan of Green and they could use a SG with the Gordon/Rivers situation. They may prefer a package centered around Neal, would do it too even tho I love Gary.

NASpurs
12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_Scoops_Derrick_Williams_agent_has_asked_Wolves _about_trade120712

According to a team source, Pelinka has voiced his displeasure with Williams' lack of playing time. He hasn't gone as far as to request a trade, but he has inquired about the possibility that one will come.

The Wolves' stance from the source: "We told him to wait for our team to come together. Wait for Derrick to play with Ricky (Rubio). When they played together last year, Williams benefited greatly."

Chinook
12-07-2012, 02:41 PM
The Pels do not need a shooting guard. Rivers is a high draft pick, and Gordon is their highest-paid player. There's no room for him there once those guys come back. Until then, New Orleans is not good enough to make short-term deals. Green is out.

Aminu is a small forward. The Spurs do not need more wing players. He'd be nice if they trade Jackson, but not now. I really like his help-defensive potential, though.

Spurs fans should get off this idea that Green needs to go. He does exactly what he's supposed to do, and once he hits his stride, he'll be as good as he was last year. That's way better than any of these players people want to move him for.

Chinook
12-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I've thought for a while that the Spurs biggest opportunity in the trade market will come from a facilitator role in a blockbuster trade. San Antonio has everything they need for that (expiring contracts, young players/players with potential, draft picks). Just like Denver had what they needed to get Andre Iguadola in the Howard trade. Will they get a superstar? No. But they can get a Patterson, Mbah a Moute or Derrick Williams as part of a multi-team deal.

Paranoid Pop
12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
The Pels do not need a shooting guard. Rivers is a high draft pick, and Gordon is their highest-paid player. There's no room for him there once those guys come back. Until then, New Orleans is not good enough to make short-term deals. Green is out.

Aminu is a small forward. The Spurs do not need more wing players. He'd be nice if they trade Jackson, but not now. I really like his help-defensive potential, though.

Spurs fans should get off this idea that Green needs to go. He does exactly what he's supposed to do, and once he hits his stride, he'll be as good as he was last year. That's way better than any of these players people want to move him for.

Animu is big enough to play PF, rebounds like a PF, he would be big upgrade from Blair imo. We need someone quick enough to stay with a Durant/Lebron anyway.

Won't even get into it about Green because I don't think it matters but I wholeheartedly believe he's our less talented SG, he can't put the ball on the floor like Neal and Anderson, he's a streaky 3 point shooter with questionnable D, we have to trade small for big anyway, can be someone else I have no problem with that, if I'm the Pelicans you can be sure I'd rather ask for Gary. And Gordon hasn't played in forever, he's always injured and Rivers is shooting below 30%...

Chinook
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Animu is big enough to play PF, rebounds like a PF, he would be big upgrade from Blair imo. We need someone quick enough to stay with a Durant/Lebron anyway.

Won't even get into it about Green because I don't think it matters but I wholeheartedly believe he's our less talented SG, he can't put the ball on the floor like Neal and Anderson, he's a streaky 3 point shooter with questionnable D, we have to trade small for big anyway, can be someone else I have no problem with that, if I'm the Pelicans you can be sure I'd rather ask for Gary. And Gordon hasn't played in forever, he's always injured and Rivers is shooting below 30%...

We agree a lot more than we disagree. If Anderson continues to show he's for real, there's no question you keep him instead of Green. I'm really happy with what he's doing, and I hope he revives his career in a Spurs uniform. I believe in Green, and I think he's a lot better than you think he is. More importantly, I think other teams think he's valuable, and that may be what's needed to get back a good player if they decide to trade him.

I hope the Pelicans trade Gordon (for their sakes) and send Rivers to the d-league so that he can work on his game and get a dose of humility. In order to be a complete team, they will need another shooting guard. But there's no reason to trade for Green (or Neal or any shooting guard) until they are ready to become a divisional threat. There's still a possibility that their 2s contribute the way they have the potential to. Green's not the type of player you want on a rebuilding team,

The Spurs need an honest-to-God power forward. They have good small-ball options right now in Kawhi and Jack. Aminu would be locked behind them at the 3 spot and behind them, Diaw and Bonner/Blair for the 4. If spots open up, he's an intriguing option as a side-get in a larger web of trades. Right now (meaning when Kawhi and Jack come back) he'd be a luxury at a time when the Spurs may still have basic needs.

objective
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
When it comes to shedding Blair or even Neal, a reasonable partner is the 76ers.

Here's from today (http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/sixers/time-for-double-dose-of-celtics/article_3c627074-52bd-59a4-a33a-9ba81016806f.html):

Let’s make a deal?

Collins said he’s willing to discuss trading for a bench scorer to boost the team’s struggling second unit.

“Would I?” Collins said. “Yeah. I would. Can I? I don’t know.”

Collins said he and Sixers management talk regularly about personnel. Of course, if Andrew Bynum doesn’t play at all this season, a bigger priority before the Feb. 21 trade deadline might be trying to acquire a big man.

The way I see it:

If the Spurs want to dump Blair to junk out of his contract, or Neal to open up the backcourt, they can send either for Royal Ivey's expiring plus 2 second rounders this coming draft. Philly has their own 2nd and New Orleans' second, that should decent as far as second rounders go. Philly doesn't have any first rounders to give up unfortunately, owing 2 future firsts already to Miami and Orlando.

If the Spurs want to go an extra mile, they can package the two and I think add James Anderson (after they're allowed to trade him) to get Kwame + the two 2nds. Kwame isn't playing well as far as I can tell, but there it is.

Chinook
12-07-2012, 03:53 PM
When it comes to shedding Blair or even Neal, a reasonable partner is the 76ers.

If the Spurs want to go an extra mile, they can package the two and I think add James Anderson (after they're allowed to trade him) to get Kwame + the two 2nds. Kwame isn't playing well as far as I can tell, but there it is.

Indeed, I think Philly is a good partner, either in a direct trade, or as a way for the Spurs to shed salary/roster spots as part of a bigger trade. San Antonio can send one of them to Philly for a TE and a second, which would probably be better than taking Ivey back (he's supposedly a good defender, but he's a point guard).

If Kwame is healthy, he's good enough to be a backup center. That would give Pop more flexibility to use a Duncan/Splitter set up. The only issue with including Anderson is that he's only available to be traded on the deadline day. Not only does that mean the Spurs have to wait two-and-a-half months, but it also means they can't call in the trade until the last minute, and if there's some unexpected holdup, that could really mess them up.

Paranoid Pop
12-07-2012, 04:00 PM
We agree a lot more than we disagree. If Anderson continues to show he's for real, there's no question you keep him instead of Green. I'm really happy with what he's doing, and I hope he revives his career in a Spurs uniform. I believe in Green, and I think he's a lot better than you think he is. More importantly, I think other teams think he's valuable, and that may be what's needed to get back a good player if they decide to trade him.

I hope the Pelicans trade Gordon (for their sakes) and send Rivers to the d-league so that he can work on his game and get a dose of humility. In order to be a complete team, they will need another shooting guard. But there's no reason to trade for Green (or Neal or any shooting guard) until they are ready to become a divisional threat. There's still a possibility that their 2s contribute the way they have the potential to. Green's not the type of player you want on a rebuilding team,

The Spurs need an honest-to-God power forward. They have good small-ball options right now in Kawhi and Jack. Aminu would be locked behind them at the 3 spot and behind them, Diaw and Bonner/Blair for the 4. If spots open up, he's an intriguing option as a side-get in a larger web of trades. Right now (meaning when Kawhi and Jack come back) he'd be a luxury at a time when the Spurs may still have basic needs.

Yeah you're probably right, it's a real head scratcher tbh.

objective
12-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Looks like the 76ers have a 1.7 exception from Moe Harkless if ESPN is to be believed, so you're right, no need to take back Ivey.

ABC
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
More on Derrick Williams Trade Possibility:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224883/Source_Derrick_Williams_Agent_Inquires_About_Trade _Possibility

Derrick Williams' agent, Rob Pelinka, has not formally requested a trade for his client, but he has asked the Minnesota Timberwovles about the possibility of parting ways due to lack of playing time, according to a team source.

The Timberwolves, however, let Pelinka know that they will first wait to see how Williams and Ricky Rubio mesh on the court once Rubio returns from a torn ACL.
"We told him to wait for our team to come together," the source said. "Wait for Derrick to play with Ricky (Rubio). When they played together last year, Williams benefited greatly."

Williams, the No. 2 pick in 2011 NBA Draft, is averaging nine points in just 19.9 minutes per game this season, when he has sat three times because of coach Rick Adelman's decision.

It is most likely that Rubio will return for a home game on Dec. 15 against the Dallas Mavericks.