04-30-2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_john_salmons.jpg

John Salmons | SF/SG
Born: Dec 12, 1979
Height: 6-6 / 1,98
Weight: 207 lbs. / 93,9 kg.
College: Miami (Fla.)
Years Pro: 6

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_salmons/index.html)

04-30-2009, 04:45 PM
sigh... should have made a move to get him when the spurs had a chance. offering just bowen and oberto's contracts with money for buyouts for him was not enough. could have possibly included mason + horry in a sign and trade. or one of the rights to the spurs' oversees players.

Mel_13
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
too late. Really good player on a really good contract. No reason for the Bulls to trade him for what we have to offer.

Mal
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Bulls have Deng on SF, who is very important to them. With Ben Gordon playing good series vs C`s, Bulls could look to save some money and offer it to Gordon. Just sayin

Mel_13
04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Bulls have Deng on SF, who is very important to them. With Ben Gordon playing good series vs C`s, Bulls could look to save some money and offer it to Gordon. Just sayin

Possibly, but Salmons has a "good" contract, in relative terms his production exceeds his contract. If they just want to salary dump him, I would think that at least one team with cap space (DET, MEM, OKC, Port) would take him in exchange for a future 2nd rounder and create a trade exception for the Bulls.

poop
04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
he would be a great pickup but dont think chicago would let him go

Mal
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Possibly, but Salmons has a "good" contract, in relative terms his production exceeds his contract. If they just want to salary dump him, I would think that at least one team with cap space (DET, MEM, OKC, Port) would take him in exchange for a future 2nd rounder and create a trade exception for the Bulls.

Portland haven`t got cap space. They need to resign Aldrige and Roy.

Bulls have 63 mln without Gordon for next season. If they don`t trade Hinrich`s 9mln neither Miller`s 12mln, next to dump is Salmons , cause James and Tim Thomas have no trade value.

beachwood
04-30-2009, 07:12 PM
sigh... should have made a move to get him when the spurs had a chance.

Didn't we draft him originally?

Mel_13
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Portland haven`t got cap space. They need to resign Aldrige and Roy.

Bulls have 63 mln without Gordon for next season. If they don`t trade Hinrich`s 9mln neither Miller`s 12mln, next to dump is Salmons , cause James and Tim Thomas have no trade value.

Portland has enough space to absorb Salmons' contract and can create more if they wish to since Blake and Outlaw's contracts are completely unguaranteed. Roy and Aldridge are both under contract for next year. Their next contracts will not start until 2010.

That aside, MEM, DET, and OKC all have sufficient space to take Salmons for nothing if the Bulls want to clear space.

A trade with the Spurs can only save the Bulls part of the value of his contract since they would have to take something that is at least partially guaranteed in return.

Bottom line, if the Bulls want to move Salmons, they will get plenty of offers superior to what the Spurs could offer.

EricB
04-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Yes, then we traded him for Speedy Claxton if I am not mistaken.

Anyhow, we were very close to obtaining him on the trade deadline, but the Bulls offered more.

Yes sir.

Are you at liberty to say who they were offering for Salmons?

Just curious, cause they supposedly had a deal "done" for Camby.

EricB
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
All I know was that we were going to trade for Salmons. If I knew the players involved I'd probably say so.

Thanks.

Sorry, I know how it is with info and reluctance to let it all out there.

BTW, you deserve some thanks for this season, you had some great insight into things and I definately always click on threads that you have posted in :tu

04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
All I know was that we were going to trade for Salmons. If I knew the players involved I'd probably say so.

it was going to be bowen (maybe oberto too) and probably money to pay for their buyouts. bulls didn't like it because bowen still had money partially guaranteed for next year. mavs also offered stackhouse who had money guaranteed also.

SenorSpur
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Redux over the summer. This guy would be a great addition to the roster as a starting SF. Get him via trade, sign a big via FA and call it a summer.

manufor3
04-30-2009, 09:19 PM
im watching him on tnt, hes money

Mal
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
They can`t trade him after this game

sananspursfan21
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
he would be a great pickup but dont think chicago would let him go

i don't think he'd be good at all. he's a big crybaby. i'm sure he'd start now, but what if pop decided to put him on the bench? the sixers had issues with him and the whole bench thing. he's happy as a clam as long as he starts, but knowing pop, he'll find a replacement on the starting roster and you know what will hit the fan

sananspursfan21
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
but skill wise, yes, he would be good :)

ashbeeigh
04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Sign me up for the Salmons bandwagon after the Bulls game please.

TheSpursFNRule
05-01-2009, 01:10 AM
is it just me or is landing Luol Deng more likely than landing this dude?

Chris
05-01-2009, 06:58 AM
His stock just skyrocketed after last night. He was a Spurs killer when he was with Sacramento. I don't see the Bulls letting go of him though so nothing more than a pipe dream.

MagnusKrauss
05-02-2009, 05:51 AM
I don't see how we could get him. If the Bulls do indeed keep him, and they let Deng go, I'd go for Deng. But if the Bulls let someone else go (Hinrich, Gordon), I'll pass.

tp2021
07-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Now that Finley has picked up his option, his $2.5M salary can be used in a trade. I may be mistaken, but I think Bonner + Finley matches up salary-wise with getting Salmons.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 01:19 AM
The only rationale for a salary dump with Salmons is clearing cap for 2010. Maybe the Bulls would want to do that, but this isn't Richard Jefferson making $15 mil a season. Salmons made $5 mil last season and will probably be at $5.4 mil this season and then $5.8 mil the next. Two years and $11.2 mil is a far cry from two years and $30 mil. Salmons would be nice, but I don't see it.

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Salmons doesn't fit here after acquiring RJ..

Bruno
07-01-2009, 02:25 AM
If Spurs trade for a player, it must be a big.

Sdayi135
07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Make it a zero chance of acquiring him now since Chicago lost Ben Gordon to DET

loveforthegame
07-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Exactly. Now we can stop the let's send them our trash (Finley, Bonner) for him.

angelbelow
07-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Nice player, if I were Chicago I would hold onto this guy.

tp2021
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM
If Spurs trade for a player, it must be a big.

Not anymore, right?

Bruno
07-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Not anymore, right?

Quantity-wise, Spurs are loaded at PF/C. Quality-wise, it's far from sure.

If the "young" guys (Blair, Mahinmi and Haislip) play well, Spurs will be fine at PF/C. If not, another big will be needed.

angelbelow
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Quantity-wise, Spurs are loaded at PF/C. Quality-wise, it's far from sure.

If the "young" guys (Blair, Mahinmi and Haislip) play well, Spurs will be fine at PF/C. If not, another big will be needed.

Agreed. I think the FO mayb be willing to part with Ian for a proven veteran.

timtonymanurich
07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd welcome Salmons with open arms. In the Boston/Chicago series he was a beast! I became a fan immediately.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Why would Chicago trade their starting SG after letting Gordon go?

Forget it. I like Salmons, but he's staying with the Bulls and we don't need him anyway.

loveforthegame
08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Even if Chicago was willing to part with Salmons they'd want a young prospect in return. Not what the Spurs would be offerering.

08-02-2009, 02:18 AM
i would give up mahinmi for salmons. haislip for sure. not george hill though but i doubt bulls want to trade salmons. they don't have many guards/forwards left.

bishopospurs
08-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I am afraid salmons can't be had.... though it would be nice. If RC found a way to turn Fin and Bonner into him I would probably need to wear depends around for a week because I would unintentionally void my bowels whenever I thought about the upcoming season.

buttsR4rebounding
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
The Spurs are set for now. I believe they will see how the current group works out before making a trade. I also think Popovich will rest Duncan and McDyess on alternating nights of back-to-backs to keep them fresh for the playoffs and that is why we are carrying 7 bigs. It really is the only thing that makes sense for carrying that many bigs.

Morg1411
09-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I am afraid salmons can't be had.... though it would be nice. If RC found a way to turn Fin and Bonner into him I would probably need to wear depends around for a week because I would unintentionally void my bowels whenever I thought about the upcoming season.

:lol

Same boat. I'd have a happy heart attack if we somehow got Salmons on top of Jefferson and McDyess.

Last summer, my wish list for Spurs acquisitions consisted of Salmons and McDyess. I'm happy to take 1 out of 2.