PDA

View Full Version : McShay's 2010 Draft

IronMexican
04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=4110478&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft09%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d4110478

He has the Raiders picking 4. Time to prove him wrong. He also has Seattle picking #6. I don't see that happening.

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Mcshay hates the raiders considering where he has them and what he said in the description. Can you post the rest?

IronMexican
04-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Just noticed that #6 pick was from Denver. My baddd, brah.

IronMexican
04-30-2009, 07:23 PM
I can't. I need to find someone with Insider.

IronMexican
04-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Props to Ghazi:tu

The dust has barely settled following the 2009 draft, but that doesn't mean it's too early to look ahead to 2010, and below is Scouts Inc.'s very early look at how things could unfold in the first round in 2010.

The biggest story at this point is Oklahoma's domination of the draft board. The Sooners have the No. 1 overall pick in QB Sam Bradford but also have four of the top six selections and five projected first-rounders overall. Five offensive or defensive linemen land in the top 10 along with two quarterbacks, a tight end, a safety and a linebacker.

Only players who are entering their fourth year on campus are a part of this projection, including Bradford and Penn State OLB Navorro Bowman. The order of our first round reflects Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson's revamped power rankings -- which take into account the playoffs, free agency and the 2009 draft -- in reverse.

So, with the first pick in the 2010 NFL mock draft, the St. Louis Rams select …

1. St. Louis Rams -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
College football's most accurate passer could emerge as the top overall pick in 2010. The Rams should be in position to draft their future franchise quarterback after passing on Mark Sanchez in this year's draft.

2. Cleveland Browns -- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Suh is an underrated talent with quickness, power and versatility.

3. Detroit Lions -- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
The Lions should be in the market for a starting left tackle to protect the blind side of 2009 No. 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford.

4. Oakland Raiders -- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Oakland drafted a wide receiver (Darrius Heyward-Bey) at No. 7 overall this year rather than solidifying its offensive line with OT Eugene Monroe. The Raiders shouldn't make the same mistake in 2010.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
The Chiefs will have some bigger needs along the offensive and defensive lines, but Gresham projects as the premier tight end in the 2010 class. He could become the replacement for future Hall of Fame TE Tony Gonzalez, who was traded to the Falcons, providing QB Matt Cassell a legitimate pass-catching threat over the middle.

6. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) -- Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
A year from now the Seahawks could be in the market for Matt Hasselbeck's future replacement and don't be surprised if McCoy emerges as a top-10 pick by then.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
The Jaguars need to replenish their interior defensive line and McCoy is college football's most disruptive tackle when he's healthy.

8. San Francisco 49ers -- Taylor Mays, S, USC
Offensive tackle is a big need area but Mays possesses freakish physical tools and could anchor the 49ers' secondary for many years. It should also be pointed out that Mays will have competition for the honor of being first safety off the 2010 draft board if Tennessee's Eric Berry leaves school early.

9. Green Bay Packers -- Adam Ulatoski, OT, Texas
Ulatoski has good feet for his size and could develop into a top offensive tackle prospect as a senior with improved technique and consistency.

10. San Francisco 49ers (from CAR) -- Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
With the second of their two first-round selections, the 49ers could look to upgrade their offensive line or pass rush. Kindle is a great fit in this scenario as an undersized end with excellent speed off the edge and fluid hips that allow him to occasionally drop into coverage.

11. Washington Redskins -- Ciron Black, OT, LSU
Black is a bit overrated at this point, but he has the physical tools to emerge as a high first-round pick a year from now.

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
New defensive coordinator Jim Bates is looking to get bigger and stronger up front. Atkins fits the mold as a squatty, quick and strong defender. However, he needs to rebound from a somewhat disappointing 2008 season in order to emerge as a premier defensive tackle prospect in next year's class.

13. Denver Broncos (from CHI) -- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
Hughes is flying under the radar, but his initial burst and pass-rushing ability -- 15 sacks in 2008 -- could land him a spot in the middle of next year's first round.

14. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
Offensive tackle is the only need area the Bills failed to address in the most recent draft. As a result, expect the team to be in the market for a future starter such as Young a year from now.

15. Cincinnati Bengals -- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Spiller's speed and versatility could land him a spot in the mid-to-late portion of Round 1.

16. Miami Dolphins -- George Selvie, DE, South Florida
Selvie is a notch below elite in terms of physical tools, but his toughness and nonstop motor will be enticing to a team like the Dolphins.

To see where other big names land and who your favorite team might bring into the fold in 2010, become an ESPN Insider today. Insider

17. Tennessee Titans -- Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
Spikes lacks elite speed and needs to play with more consistent leverage. On the flip side, he's a hard-hitting emotional leader with very good instincts.

18. Seattle Seahawks -- Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
LaFell is arguably the only 2010 senior wide receiver prospect worthy of first-round consideration at this point. LaFell has room to improve as a route runner but very few college receivers possess his combination of size, speed, athleticism and proven playmaking skills.

19. Houston Texans -- Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky
The Texans could be in the market for a playmaking defensive back early in next year's draft. Lindley is not overly physical and was knocked out of Kentucky's bowl game with a hyperextended elbow, but he is a fluid cover corner with outstanding speed and good overall ball skills.

20. New Orleans Saints -- Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn State
Upgrading the speed and athleticism of their defense should continue to be a focal point for the Saints during next year's draft. Bowman has some off-the-field issues that must be investigated, but he's a fast-rising prospect with outstanding range for the position.

21. New York Jets -- DeMarcus Granger, DT, Oklahoma
Granger is arguably the most talented defensive lineman in the country, but durability and character issues have prevented him from reaching his full potential to this point. A healthy and productive 2009 campaign could land him a spot in Round 1.

22. Baltimore Ravens -- Marshwan Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
Gilyard is an emerging talent with outstanding speed to stretch the field vertically, and he is also one of college football's premier return men.

23. Dallas Cowboys -- Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
Arenas' recognition skills and technique in coverage still have room to improve, but he's a fast and fluid athlete with game-breaking ability in the return game.

24. New York Giants -- Brandon Lang, DE, Troy
Lang is still developing physically, but he has good size potential and great initial burst. He caught the attention of NFL scouts with 17.5 tackles for loss, including 10.5 sacks, in 2008.

25. Minnesota Vikings -- Nate Allen, S, South Florida
Allen is a bit of an unknown prospect at this point, but he possesses the size, athleticism and ball skills to emerge as a Day 1 prospect a year from now.

26. Indianapolis Colts -- Eric Norwood, DE, South Carolina
Norwood lacks ideal size (6-foot, 265 pounds) but he's a quick and instinctive pass-rusher who finished second in the SEC with nine sacks last year.

27. Arizona Cardinals -- Sergio Render, G, Virginia Tech
Render is the premier interior offensive lineman in the 2010 senior class. He needs to recover fully from offseason shoulder surgery in order to nail down a spot in Round 1.

28. San Diego Chargers -- LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
The Chargers could look to find LaDainian Tomlinson's long-term replacement early in next year's draft. Blount is a bit of a long shot to be drafted this early once underclassmen are thrown into the mix, but don't be surprised if Blount lands a spot in Day 1 by putting up big numbers as the Ducks' top back this fall.

29. Atlanta Falcons -- Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College
What Herzlich lacks in athleticism he more than makes up for with hustle, instincts and toughness. His versatility will be highly regarded by teams that use hybrid defensive fronts.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
Cody is a mountain of a man, and he's an ideal fit as a nose tackle in the middle of a "30" front. However, he doesn't play with enough consistent leverage and needs to show a better motor in order to avoid a free fall in next year's draft

31. Philadelphia Eagles -- Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi
Hardy possesses the size, speed and pass-rushing skills of a high first-rounder. But his inconsistent effort is well-documented, and it could cost him a year from now.

32. New England Patriots -- Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky
Johnson had a breakout junior season with 93 tackles in 11 games. If the 250-pound inside linebacker builds on that performance, he could land a spot late in next year's first round.

Todd McShay is the director of college football scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been evaluating prospects for the NFL draft since 1998. Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench, Kevin Weidl and Matt Williamson also contributed to this report.

Borosai
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
How are the Bills supposed to win the Super Bowl and pick at #14? Makes no sense. Stupid. Total shit garbage. I don't get it.

IronMexican
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
And this is only for Seniors. I think it will change vastly once you add the junior's, cause I think Eric Berry would get drafted before Taylor Mays, and I'm a Taylor Mays fan.

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I guess depth won't hurt at DE, but the colts do have the best tandem in the league. I'm guessing McShay like a lot of people including me, think Pierre Garcon is gonna be a factor this year.

Whisky Dog
04-30-2009, 08:18 PM
This shit is beyond fucking retarded. And this douche actually gets paid to do this.

dirk4mvp
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, he's worlds better than Kiper.

samikeyp
05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Why isn't Dallas picking at 32? They got rid of TO and we all know that was the only thing stopping them from winning it all last season. I think McShay hates Dallas too.

:lol

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 08:40 AM
alright, I'm not being a homer, but there is no way the Browns will be worse than the Lions. I know the Browns aren't great, but they have a fairly easy schedule, and they aren't THAT bad to begin with. No way will they be picking 2nd. They have a good O-line, good WRs now, a great QB, and a decent running game. Their defense is improved, but not great which is why they won't be very good. The schedule is very easy though, they got the Chiefs, Lions, Bengals 2x, Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings. You gotta figure they atleast get 4 of those games, and steal another game giving them atleast 5 wins which would take them out of the 2nd worst in the league hole.

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 08:52 AM
alright, I'm not being a homer, but there is no way the Browns will be worse than the Lions. I know the Browns aren't great, but they have a fairly easy schedule, and they aren't THAT bad to begin with. No way will they be picking 2nd. They have a good O-line, good WRs now, a great QB, and a decent running game. Their defense is improved, but not great which is why they won't be very good. The schedule is very easy though, they got the Chiefs, Lions, Bengals 2x, Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings. You gotta figure they atleast get 4 of those games, and steal another game giving them atleast 5 wins which would take them out of the 2nd worst in the league hole.

Cause no matter how much talent they will have the Browns will find a way to suck.

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Cause no matter how much talent they will have the Browns will find a way to suck.

come on, get that weak stuff out of here, since 99 the Browns have had a 10 win season and made the playoffs- how many times have the Texans done either?

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 08:57 AM
come on, get that weak stuff out of here, since 99 the Browns have had a 10 win season and made the playoffs- how many times have the Texans done either?

ask me again after this upcoming season

So what do you wanna bet the Texans will have a better record than the Browns this year?

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
ask me again after this upcoming season

So what do you wanna bet the Texans will have a better record than the Browns this year?

I don't know. I'm not saying they won't have a better record, I'm just saying that Texan fans have no room to talk shit to Browns fans. I mean the Browns have been bad, but the Texans have been on a different level bad- bordering on Raider bad.

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't know. I'm not saying they won't have a better record, I'm just saying that Texan fans have no room to talk shit to Browns fans. I mean the Browns have been bad, but the Texans have been on a different level bad- bordering on Raider bad.

I dont disagree with you. The Texans have yet to be a successful franchise, but they are on their way. The sad thing is your franchise has been around a hell of a lot longer so yeah I do have room to talk shit.

dirk4mvp
05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
lol texans

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:12 AM
lol texans

who is your team anyways brah?

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:12 AM
I dont disagree with you. The Texans have yet to be a successful franchise, but they are on their way. The sad thing is your franchise has been around a hell of a lot longer so yeah I do have room to talk shit.

3 years isn't that long

dirk4mvp
05-01-2009, 09:14 AM
who is your team anyways brah?

Browns or the Raiders or the Lions.

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't even know who the QB of the Texans is

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:26 AM

Its Matt Schaub but probably only for half of the season.......FUCKER goes down every year. With that being said we still had the 3rd best offense in the league.

samikeyp
05-01-2009, 09:26 AM

ATrain is.

samikeyp
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Its Matt Schaub but probably only for half of the season.......FUCKER goes down every year. With that being said we still had the 3rd best offense in the league.

True..Atrain wishes his wife would go down as much as he does. :)

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
atrain is.

lol

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Let's be honest, you really think Matt Shaub and the Texans will win more games than Golden Boy? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Let's be honest, you really think Matt Shaub and the Texans will win more games than Golden Boy? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

Golden Boy??? He sure is doing a lot for that franchise keeping the Bench warm.

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:33 AM
True..Atrain wishes his wife would go down as much as he does. :)

Im not married......that being said I wish my girlfriends would go down as much. I always seem to date the prudes.

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Golden Boy??? He sure is doing a lot for that franchise keeping the Bench warm.

that's QB depth, something the Texans have never heard of.

samikeyp
Im not married......that being said I wish my girfriends would go down as much.

fair enough. :toast

ATRAIN
that's QB depth, something the Texans have never heard of.

LOL can you really consider it depth if both Qb's suck?

samikeyp
05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I would take Anderson over Schaub. Jury's still out on Quinn though.

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:40 AM
I would take Anderson over Schaub. Jury's still out on Quinn though.

I dont know man......for health reasons I can see why you would. Healthy Schaub for the season I would take over Anderson or Quinn. Actually to be completely honest I wouldn't mind the Texans trading a 3rd rounder for Quinn. I think the Browns are stupid enough to do it.

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL can you really consider it depth if both Qb's suck?

Derek Anderson is a Pro Bower and Brady Quinn is a phenom- that's hardly sucking. Plus, the Browns have Gharm Harrell, some Ratliff guy and another guy- that's 3 guys fighting it out for the backup to the backup.

The Texan's backup is a guy the Lions got rid of, that should tell you all you need to know right there

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
I dont know man......for health reasons I can see why you would. Healthy Schaub for the season I would take over Anderson or Quinn. Actually to be completely honest I wouldn't mind the Texans trading a 3rd rounder for Quinn. I think the Browns are stupid enough to do it.

the Browns turned down a 2nd round pick for Quinn a couple weeks ago. You don't trade Hall of Famers about to enter their prime

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Derek Anderson is a Pro Bower and Brady Quinn is a phenom- that's hardly sucking. Plus, the Browns have Gharm Harrell, some Ratliff guy and another guy- that's 3 guys fighting it out for the backup to the backup.

The Texan's backup is a guy the Lions got rid of, that should tell you all you need to know right there

lol Grahm Harrell

Actually he was a free agent and I would like to see what Orlovsky can do with talent around him. Granted he did run out of the end zone but who knows maybe he can actually be a steal.

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
the Browns turned down a 2nd round pick for Quinn a couple weeks ago. You don't trade Hall of Famers about to enter their prime

Well I would like to see him go somewhere he can actually play. He is wasting there. Lebron is going to leave and Quinn will leave too. They both know Cleveland is the sports black hole.

Thunder Dan
05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I would like to see him go somewhere he can actually play. He is wasting there. Lebron is going to leave and Quinn will leave too. They both know Cleveland is the sports black hole.

get that weak stuff out of here. I thought you were better than that garbage

ATRAIN
05-01-2009, 09:56 AM
get that weak stuff out of here. I thought you were better than that garbage

LOL come on man im just trying to ruffle your feathers. Im pulling for your basketball team or the Bulls since my spurs are out. As far as your football team, I still dont understand why they havent given Quinn a chance. I dont know why they gave Anderson that ext, to me it was a waste but if they were smart they would trade one or the other and try to get something out of one of them.

J.T.
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Colt McCoy as a top 10 pick? Don't see it. I think he'll be drafted on the first day, but nothing short of winning a national championship will boost his draft stock that high. If he puts on a little more size and works on his arm strength, then he'll be better equipped for the NFL. He won't be able to run with the ball in the NFL as well as he does in the NCAA but studying under the right veteran QB for a few years before taking over is probably the best thing for him. I could see him being a really good mobile QB... think Tony Romo with no choke instinct, and balls.

LnGrrrR
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Colt McCoy would immediately have the most badass QB name upon being drafted though.