PDA

View Full Version : Boston CHOKED.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 02:12 AM
They were up 8 with 2 free throws, with under 3 minutes to play in regulation.

And they lost.

TampaDude
05-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah...the Chicago Bulls had nothing to do with it, right??? :lmao

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Yeah...the Chicago Bulls had nothing to do with it, right??? :lmao

If you're up 8 with 2:00 to play, and up 5 with 1:15 to play, you should win. Period. Regardless of what the other team does. I'm not taking anything away from the Bulls, I'm a fan of the Bulls and really like this team.

It's not like the Bulls just took it. I mean, there were some excellent plays, but the Celtics left players open and played poor defense to close it out, and instead got smacked.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2009, 02:25 AM
If you're up 8 with 2:00 to play, and up 5 with 1:15 to play, you should win. Period. Regardless of what the other team does. I'm not taking anything away from the Bulls, I'm a fan of the Bulls and really like this team.

It's not like the Bulls just took it. I mean, there were some excellent plays, but the Celtics left players open and played poor defense to close it out, and instead got smacked.

Way to oversimplify a playoff series that's going to be remembered in historic terms.

The Bulls have had to hit some incredible shots to be in this series, and Boston's had to hit some really clutch shots just to stay alive. Someone that says that Boston's choking must be looking at box scores instead of watching the games. What's made this series great is that both teams have been damn near heroic game in and game out.

TampaDude
05-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Two words: Joakim Noah

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 02:36 AM
How did Boston choke? Salmons hit a miracle three and then Miller hit a low-percentage three that Boston dared him to shoot. Boston hit so many huge shots tonight and put up an incredible fight to almost take this game. Both teams played their hearts out tonight in what is probably the greatest game I have seen in my 25 years of following the NBA religiously. The only play where you could bring up choking was Paul Pierce's stupid decision to commit his sixth foul on Noah's breakaway dunk in 3OT.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Way to oversimplify a playoff series that's going to be remembered in historic terms.

The Bulls have had to hit some incredible shots to be in this series, and Boston's had to hit some really clutch shots just to stay alive. Someone that says that Boston's choking must be looking at box scores instead of watching the games. What's made this series great is that both teams have been damn near heroic game in and game out.

I watched every play of this series. I wasn't trying to oversimplify anything. Salmons got deep penetration and the only guy who tried to challenge him -- Perkins -- was so deep in the lane he was in the middle of the charge circle. The play before that, they left Brad Miller wide open for three.

Both teams played with fire and absolute grit. I loved every minute of it. But the fact remains, Boston had the game practically iced away and couldn't seal the deal.

TampaDude
05-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Both teams played with fire and absolute grit. I loved every minute of it. But the fact remains, Boston had the game practically iced away and couldn't seal the deal.

Hey...the whole series has been like that...just when you thought one team had it in the bag...BAM...the other team tied it up or took the lead.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Hey...the whole series has been like that...just when you thought one team had it in the bag...BAM...the other team tied it up or took the lead.

I'm not attempting to disparage the series, the game, or to say that it was a lock for Boston. Chicago played with a hell of a lot of heart tonight in front of their own crowd.

Still, if Chicago wins Game 7, you have to look back at 1:58 to play with an 8 point lead if you're a Boston fan.

TampaDude
05-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm not attempting to disparage the series, the game, or to say that it was a lock for Boston. Chicago played with a hell of a lot of heart tonight in front of their own crowd.

Still, if Chicago wins Game 7, you have to look back at 1:58 to play with an 8 point lead if you're a Boston fan.

Hell, if Pierce had made that free throw...

Obstructed_View
05-01-2009, 03:24 AM
Both teams have had chances to put it away. Choking implies that a team didn't show up. You can't hit every shot, and both sides have hit more than their share. There's no way the word "choke" should be brought into the conversation.

DrHouse
05-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Too many idiots throw the word "choke" around these days without understanding WTF that actually means.

The NBA is a game of runs. You aren't "supposed" to win or "entitled" to win no matter how big of a lead you have.

ratm1221
05-01-2009, 07:22 AM
http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/fail.jpg

iilluzioN
05-01-2009, 08:17 AM

And they lost.

I wouldnt be talking shit, atleast the Celtics are still in the playoffs and are fun to watch.... instead of the boring spurms

z0sa
05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/fail.jpg

:lol

pauls931
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Boston was without their best player, so I'm not sure if it's really possible for the to choke. Despite how good this series is, it's actually just a good fight between a cripple (boston) and a tard (chicago and their ray allen defense).

DA BULLS
05-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Boston was without their best player, so I'm not sure if it's really possible for the to choke. Despite how good this series is, it's actually just a good fight between a cripple (boston) and a tard (chicago and their ray allen defense).

yes boston is banged up missing faggot garnett and that other pussy whatever his name does hurt them. but that fact that chicago doesnt have loul deng doesnt really help them either..and ben being banged up lately. not saying deng is equal to garnett..garnett is a future hof sadly to say..but deng is still good. one of the top 3 players for the bulls for sure. just sayin. its not like were getting a banged up celtics team against a healthy bulls team

DA BULLS
05-01-2009, 09:07 AM

oh and i think its funny a suns fan talking shit about another team and there defense :rollin

dirk4mvp
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
This guy never knows what the hell he's talking about.

pauls931
05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
oh and i think its funny a suns fan talking shit about another team and there defense :rollin

Suns fall into the severe tard category this season no denying that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM

That's dumb. Just because someone is a Suns fan doesn't mean they don't know anything about defense.....I disagree with pauls on basically everything but he didn't chose to make the Suns defense bad, the coach/players/front office did.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 10:03 AM
but that fact that chicago doesnt have loul deng doesnt really help them either

lol yeah it does
lol addition by subtraction
lol Luol Deng
lol Paxson refusing to trade Deng for Kobe

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 10:09 AM
And I wouldn't say Boston choked, I'd say this is karma for all the shit they've been pulling this season.

I can't stand Boston's front line. It's basically KG, Leon Powe, and a bunch of fat fucks who set illegal screens that always get Ray Allen open. Brian Scalabrine gives hope to all 6'2 overweight unathletic white guys that they're only 8 inches away from the NBA.

I wouldn't laugh at Chicago's defense on Allen pauls. He's arguably the hardest player to guard for an extended period of time with all the Big Baby and Perkins screens you have to run through. The screens the refs let Boston get away with, Allen is going to have nights like these.

lefty
05-01-2009, 10:14 AM

And they lost.

Stupid. :donkey

The Bulls had a big lead in the 4th before blowing it.

It's about finishing games, and Bulls did it.

They deserve all the credit

pauls931
05-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't laugh at Chicago's defense on Allen pauls. He's arguably the hardest player to guard for an extended period of time with all the Big Baby and Perkins screens you have to run through. The screens the refs let Boston get away with, Allen is going to have nights like these.

But at the end of games, shouldn't they switch on all the screens when it's obvious allen's the guy who they need to watch out for?

BTW chicago, I'm pulling for you I hate boston...

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Both teams have had chances to put it away. Choking implies that a team didn't show up. You can't hit every shot, and both sides have hit more than their share. There's no way the word "choke" should be brought into the conversation.

I realize they're injury depleted, but they had several players on the floor at one time who didn't want the ball, who had WIDE OPEN shots and didn't shoot them.

Perhaps I was a bit strong with my "choked" statement. Oh well, it's stimulating discussion, and that's what's important. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
But at the end of games, shouldn't they switch on all the screens when it's obvious allen's the guy who they need to watch out for?

If it were a pick and roll then probably, but switching on those screens Perkins sets under the hoop while Allen is running through means Perkins has Ben Gordan guarding him 2 feet from the basket. The best they can do when Allen is in one of these zones is to contest his shots make him work harder to get open and pray whenever they see him about to shoot :lol

The reason the Suns defense was worse under Porter than it was under D'antoni was because D'antoni was great at containing one player's offense to that one player and making sure it didn't start opening up the floor for his teammates.

pauls931
05-01-2009, 10:30 AM
The reason the Suns defense was worse under Porter than it was under D'antoni was because D'antoni was great at containing one player's offense to that one player and making sure it didn't start opening up the floor for his teammates.

I noticed that too! Under Dantoni, you'd see Kobe, Lebron, or the best player on other teams rack up ludicrous numbers while the role players didn't do so well, or if they did, the suns would get blown out.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I noticed that too! Under Dantoni, you'd see Kobe, Lebron, or the best player on other teams rack up ludicrous numbers while the role players didn't do so well, or if they did, the suns would get blown out.

That's what bugged the crap out of me about his random habit of doubling Duncan. That went completely against his defensive system and it completely opened up the floor for Manu, Parker and the shooters on that team.

It's stupid cause D'antoni clearly has the knowledge, smarts and ability to build a good defensive team, he almost choses not to.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Boston was without their third or fourth best player, so I'm not sure if it's really possible for them to choke.

Fixed, and if you don't think it's possible for a team that's missing a significant player to choke, please see the 2009 San Antonio Spurs, or the 2008 Lakers for that matter, but only if you consider Andrew Bynum "significant".

KSeal
05-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Fixed, and if you don't think it's possible for a team that's missing a significant player to choke, please see the 2009 San Antonio Spurs, or the 2008 Lakers for that matter, but only if you consider Andrew Bynum "significant".

Bynum in not even close to as significant as Manu or KG but he would have helped Mr. Gasoft quite a bit that's for sure.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Bynum in not even close to as significant as Manu or KG but he would have helped Mr. Gasoft quite a bit that's for sure.

No excuse for letting Boston do to them what was done in the last game. None.

KSeal
05-02-2009, 12:59 AM
No excuse for letting Boston do to them what was done in the last game. None.

There is no denying that a 7-1 physical shot blocker would have changed the entire complexity of that series though. When you're left with a PF playing out of position at center who is extremely soft as it is and then Lamar who chose not to show up at all going up against a team as physical and good defensively as Boston was last year, you're going to get your ass kicked. That was a six game sweep if I've ever seen one.

Armando
05-02-2009, 10:17 AM
If only Pierce had made that freethrow in Game 1 we might be watching Celtics/Magic right now.