PDA

View Full Version : Why I suddenly love the rockets

Kamnik
05-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Offcourse a big reason is they are not going against the Spurs :toast

Seriously... I started to watch the series against Portland pretty much indeferent. I always like Yao though.

Anyways:

-They play inside a team concept. Yao is a silent leader like Duncan.

-Artest is behaving and playing well. Does not seem all that bad.

-Scola plays like an all-star.. Maybe a quiet MVP of the rox.

-Adelman is a good coach.

-Yao Ming... He had to swallow a lot of criticism and shit over the years. From his game to his looks. (isnt easy being 3254 feet tall) But he plays hard, doesnt whine much and is a willing passer. And he for a long time got called for bullshit fauls when at the same time he was constantly hacked but when are you so big refs have a diferent criteria it seems.

-Fuck T-Mac! He was the only player on that team i really disliked... and now as it turns out with Houston advancing without him it is EXTREMELY FUNNY!

It is a long-longshot fo this team to beat LA... but hell, we can always hope!

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 10:20 AM
If they beat the Lakers, I'll love the Rockets.

lil_penny
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
one thing ive noticed about this team from the 1st round series is they dont need huge games from any one person... they play great team basketball and get contributions from every player, and it gets the job done.

it's me
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Cause they play the Fakers…. the club with the most stupid fan-base of any sport in the whole Country…..hell, the whole world….WTF the whole universe.

mingus
05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
i like the Rockets a lot w/o Tracy McGrady . as a basketball player , i've never liked the guy ...

right now , i'm pretty much rooting for the Rockets ... they've got character guys for the most part like the Spurs (Ron Artest still has got the cloud hanging over him from his involvement in the infamous brawl , but i think he's matured a lot since then ... not sure if it's enough to call him a "character guy," but he's likable enough IMO ...) and they play together (i'm not sure if this is more a product of Adelman's coaching or Tracy McGrady not being there ...) and with a lot of effort . i don't know how you can't like this team unless you're a Pacer fan and hate anything Ron Artest is associated with ...

Kamnik
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
It will be very tough for Yao.... Bynum or Gasol on him all the time.

babyfederer
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Offcourse a big reason is they are not going against the Spurs :toast

Seriously... I started to watch the series against Portland pretty much indeferent. I always like Yao though.

Anyways:

-They play inside a team concept. Yao is a silent leader like Duncan.

-Artest is behaving and playing well. Does not seem all that bad.

-Scola plays like an all-star.. Maybe a quiet MVP of the rox.

-Adelman is a good coach.

-Yao Ming... He had to swallow a lot of criticism and shit over the years. From his game to his looks. (isnt easy being 3254 feet tall) But he plays hard, doesnt whine much and is a willing passer. And he for a long time got called for bullshit fauls when at the same time he was constantly hacked but when are you so big refs have a diferent criteria it seems.

-Fuck T-Mac! He was the only player on that team i really disliked... and now as it turns out with Houston advancing without him it is EXTREMELY FUNNY!

It is a long-longshot fo this team to beat LA... but hell, we can always hope!

thanks for the support gentlemen. I've always admired the spurs and the way they play, i've never really understood the hate against the spurs, they play hard and the right way. Its teams like the Mavs that i have dislike for, from the owner to the players they are a bunch of punks.