05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_ben_gordon.jpg

Ben Gordon | G
Born: Apr 4 1983
Height: 6-3 / 1,91
Weight: 200 lbs. / 90,7 kg.
College: Connecticut
Years Pro: 4

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ben_gordon/index.html)

Rogue
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
As the spurs can't arrange a 10m/yr level contract, the only way to land him is just a sign&trade. Manu will be the bid from spurs, which is acceptable to both teams. With plentiful experience which can fill over 10 trunks, Manu will certainly infuse a new nutrition into the Bulls and make the Bulls grow faster and stronger. On the other hand, Gordon is also what the Spurs need. The 83 born Gordon is not very young on the level of the whole league, but his age still makes him a freshman compared to the greybeard Spurs.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Healthy Manu> Gordon

I really like Gordon but if the Spurs had to give up Ginobili to get him I'd say pass.

Gordon can score the ball but a healthy Manu brings much more to the table.

exstatic
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
As the spurs can't arrange a 10m/yr level contract, the only way to land him is just a sign&trade. Manu will be the bid from spurs, which is acceptable to both teams. With plentiful experience which can fill over 10 trunks, Manu will certainly infuse a new nutrition into the Bulls and make the Bulls grow faster and stronger. On the other hand, Gordon is also what the Spurs need. The 83 born Gordon is not very young on the level of the whole league, but his age still makes him a freshman compared to the greybeard Spurs.

Do you post using BabelFish as a translator?

poop
05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
would be a GREAT pickup. fearless high scorer who can get to the rim. Proven clutch when it counts and will hit big free throws. YOUNG -26 yrs old

MagnusKrauss
05-02-2009, 04:48 AM
pass. he might be younger, but he won't grow any taller. need to get taller.

poop
05-02-2009, 09:55 AM
'being too short' doesnt stop him from fcking scoring, jesus christ what kind of complaint is that? its like saying 'yeah he gets 13 rebounds a game but hes only 6-8 and i dont want any short guys'.....

NewJerSpur
05-02-2009, 08:28 PM
We already have George Hill ready to man the 2-guard spot, but dude has upped his value during the Bulls' playoff run this year. Can't see them allowing him to get away and breeaking up the backcourt of he and Rose.

Dunc n Dave
05-02-2009, 10:09 PM
The way Gordon plays in the 4th quarter, I would trade Ginobili for him in a heartbeat! We have no assurance that Ginobili will come back from injury and play like he did in 07-08. Manu's game recently has been mostly step back 3's.

Gordon is 26, is a 4th quarter ASSASSIN, and would be our clutch FT shooter to close out games too. The guy gets to the line a lot, something the Spurs lack. He would easily score 17-20ppg for the Spurs.

Spursfan092120
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
The way Gordon plays in the 4th quarter, I would trade Ginobili for him in a heartbeat! We have no assurance that Ginobili will come back from injury and play like he did in 07-08. Manu's game recently has been mostly step back 3's.

Gordon is 26, is a 4th quarter ASSASSIN, and would be our clutch FT shooter to close out games too. The guy gets to the line a lot, something the Spurs lack. He would easily score 17-20ppg for the Spurs.
Hmm..you must have missed tonight's game. He was a cancer in this game. Completely destroyed his team, and any hope they had to win. Yes, he had over 30 points..but when he had hot players wide open, he chose to drive and attack 3 defenders. His style would force Pop to keep him on the bench.

ducks
05-02-2009, 10:30 PM
he was wanting the ball he had the guts
however his hamspring wsa hurting his shot

ducks
05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
he was wanting the ball he had the guts
however his hamspring wsa hurting his shot

DAF86
05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't want to sound pretensious or obnoxious, but those that want the Spurs to sign Gordon don't know shit about basketball.

ducks
05-02-2009, 11:05 PM
young stars are not going to have the perfect shot selection
also on the spurs he would be the 3-4 option
tp,duncan him or manu

boston goal was after the first to stop ben
let somone else beat them

ducks
05-02-2009, 11:05 PM
not sure I even want him though

angelbelow
05-03-2009, 04:07 AM
he turned down 50million over 5 years from the bulls, we dont have enough to sign him..

kace
05-03-2009, 05:26 AM
manu for gordon ?? are you serious ? :downspin:

and i don't think that he would fill any need for us.

sonic21
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I think he'll re-signs with the Bulls who'll overpay him (like deng). He's clutch, a great scorer, pretty popular, all that stuff, but he also doesn't rebound, defend, or really pass. He might be the best one-dimensional player in the league

lefty
05-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Benny the Bull is great when he is in fuego, but his shot selection needs work

WTF was that shot when the Bulls came back within 3 points in game 7 ????? :madrun

Ditty
05-04-2009, 04:52 PM
he's to undersized

really proved he's not MLE player

will go probably to memphis were they will give him a max deal and could play point guard

duncan228
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Bulls GM Forman: Top goal re-signing Gordon (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bulls-forman&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Chicago Bulls general manager Gar Forman says re-signing high-scoring guard Ben Gordon is his top priority heading into the offseason.

Forman said he believes Gordon wants to stay in Chicago but that there’s still a lot of work to do before that happens.

Gordon, who becomes a free agent on July 1, played a key role in the Bulls’ impressive bid to defeat defending champion Boston in the first round of the NBA playoffs. The Celtics won the series in seven games.

Forman replaced John Paxson, who will remain with the Bulls as executive vice president of basketball operations. Forman is in charge of day-to-day basketball decisions, while Paxson will deal mostly with long-term organizational planning and talent evaluation.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126940

05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
gordon can get more money than the spurs can offer. especially after his brilliant playoff performance.

exstatic
05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
he turned down 50million over 5 years from the bulls, we dont have enough to sign him..

What he turned down last year has very little bearing on what he will or won't get this year. The only factor that is important is how many teams have cash and are willing to spend it. Chicago has low balled him the last two years, and he has taken the one year qualifying offer both years, at great career/injury risk, so I think his patience will be limited in dealing with them.

tav1
05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
What he turned down last year has very little bearing on what he will or won't get this year. The only factor that is important is how many teams have cash and are willing to spend it. Chicago has low balled him the last two years, and he has taken the one year qualifying offer both years, at great career/injury risk, so I think his patience will be limited in dealing with them.

I think Chicago is blowing smoke.

They have to reduce payroll. If they can move Hinrich, they could sign Gordon. But Hinrich is a tough contract to move. Maybe they do that by packaging him with Tyrus Thomas or by taking on bad for bad, like Zach Randolph. But the Bulls are not really in a position to throw money at Gordon.

kromediablo
07-01-2009, 02:55 AM
ben goes from 1st to 6th gear he so clutch....i would trade hill and bonner to get him. even with getting jefferson its still not enough to get out of the first round of next years playoffs.

EricB
07-01-2009, 02:57 AM
ben goes from 1st to 6th gear he so clutch....i would trade hill and bonner to get him. even with getting jefferson its still not enough to get out of the first round of next years playoffs.

Would you.

:lol

Whats Chicago's motivation to trade a good player for crap?

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2009, 04:05 AM
i dont care if his a good scorer, i cant stand having another undersized backcourt player

rayray2k8
07-01-2009, 04:07 AM
I know that Bruno just post these for the FA's that are out there, but we aint got a chance of signing Gordon..