PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Spurs were watching..

Bosell
05-01-2009, 08:56 AM
the Celtics and the Bulls play last night. That is playoff basketball. That is what it means to fight for the win and rise to an entirely different level during the playoffs. That is entertainment worthy of the expensive tickets. That is how you please fans who ultimately pay your enormous salaries. That is how you do NOT roll over and play dead. That is how you do NOT suck.

Got it, you weak, lazy, spoiled pieces of shit?

anonoftheinternets
05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
the Celtics and the Bulls play last night. That is playoff basketball. That is what it means to fight for the win and rise to an entirely different level during the playoffs. That is entertainment worthy of the expensive tickets. That is how you please fans who ultimately pay your enormous salaries. That is how you do NOT roll over and play dead. That is how you do NOT suck.

the only "weak, lazy, spoiled pieces of shit" i can see is your lazy ass post with nothing insightful or interesting to offer. We did not lose because of lack of effort, and if you dont see that, ur a moron. :nope

Dont tell me, let me guess, you went ahead and bet on the spurs with all the injuries, and lost all ur money, and are now takin it out on a forum.

hater
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
huh, Spurs fought till the end you retard

Brazil
05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Bosell is at best a troll mavs fan

completely deck
05-01-2009, 09:25 AM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1023/miscleave.jpg

z0sa
05-01-2009, 09:50 AM
tp and td deserve far better than this thread ... the rest of our roleplayers not so much.

Bender
05-01-2009, 10:03 AM
to any Spurs players reading this thread, on behalf of SpursTalk, I apologize to the team for the opening post.

tmtcsc
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM

Are you for real ? That's the dumbest shit I've seen posted on here in a while. This had nothing to do with effort and everything to do with talent on the floor.

tmtcsc
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I can say that The Celtics, even though they have a big three over thirty, sure have a better young squad of capable and confident players...

Like who ? Rondo ? Big Baby ? Do you think those guys will take Boston to the promised land ? Rondo's playing great right now but he's been around a few years. Phoenix traded him to Boston.

Something that pops Old man fetish has not allowed OUR team to develop...

He wants the "cruise control" coaching of a A Vet instead of the blood sweat and tears coaching approach to young players...

simple fact

Vets win championships. The Celtics aren't winning anything without Garnett. The Bulls aren't winning the title without more vets on their team.

Tell me the last team with young players who won a championship ? Go ask the Blazers what youth can do for you.

Extra Stout
05-01-2009, 10:16 AM

:rolleyes The problem was not that the Spurs are lazy, the problem was that the ones not named Tim Duncan or Tony Parker suck at basketball.

Strike
05-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Fuckwads like you should have been on the receiving end of a coat hangar abortion. Do everyone here and the world a favor:
1. Take a pistol
2. Aim at head
3. Pull Trigger.

If you're too stupid to follow written instructions, here's a diagram for you:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s169/cokacola151/you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

Got it, you stupid, ass sucking, worthless piece of shit?

bus driver
05-01-2009, 11:19 AM

:jack Jump off the bus....

:flag::lobt2::flag:

EricB
05-01-2009, 11:32 AM
shame there isn't a tribal council and you could just get rid of retards like this guy.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh geez...here we go again...ok... ::deep breath:: There's a picture I'm kind of known for on here (some people know me for it). The reason I'm known for it is because there are a lot of people like you on here...so...being that this is the perfect opportunity, I'm going to go ahead and throw it in here..

http://msghelp.net/images/stfu_noob.jpg

Dex
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
This idiot is not worth the bandwidth it would take to explain to him how pointless his life really is.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
And just in case you didn't understand my last post...here's a more up front version...

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr172/ltsquall/gtfo1.gif

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 12:15 PM

The short bus...this is probably a guy who's never been to a Spurs game, and came on the wagon in '99 when the Spurs won the title...shit...we're not going to win it every damn year...or even every other year.

jimo2305
05-01-2009, 12:27 PM
stop being in denial.. while the op's post might have been a little harsh.. there is some truth to it.. most of the spurs players not named duncan or parker did not step it up.. unlike game 2 where they were hustling.. game 4 and 5 were disgraceful.. why do you parker had so many poitns? because noone else was doing jack shit..

Chief
05-01-2009, 12:32 PM
its been a great series.

chicago is great at doing the unthinkable, like when they defeated miami a few years ago in the playoffs when shaq was there.

z0sa
05-01-2009, 12:34 PM
And just in case you didn't understand my last post...here's a more up front version...

:lmao that's hilarious

K-State Spur
05-01-2009, 12:37 PM

neither of those teams - as they are currently constructed - would win a series against any western playoff team.

hell, the bulls would have been a 30 win team if they had to play a western conference schedule.

EricB
05-01-2009, 12:39 PM
:lol

Entourage is awesome.

Piven deserves all those emmys.

hater
05-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Like who ? Rondo ? Big Baby ? Do you think those guys will take Boston to the promised land ? Rondo's playing great right now but he's been around a few years. Phoenix traded him to Boston.

Rondo and big fat baby and even perkins are playing like studs in the playoffs. wake me up when Bonner or Mason play half as good as them.

Extra Stout
05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
stop being in denial.. while the op's post might have been a little harsh.. there is some truth to it.. most of the spurs players not named duncan or parker did not step it up.. unlike game 2 where they were hustling.. game 4 and 5 were disgraceful.. why do you parker had so many poitns? because noone else was doing jack shit..
The reason they weren't doing anything was not because they were slacking... it's because they are a bunch of players who either have marginal skill at playing basketball, or or used to have skill, but have aged past the point where they can employ it.

It is not only qualitatively different from a hypothetical wherein you suited up and tried to play for the Spurs. You can try with all you might, but to no effect, because you lack the skill.

That they suck at basketball does not mean you can impugn their character.

Mel_13
05-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Harsh, but sadly true.

jimo2305
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
The reason they weren't doing anything was not because they were slacking... it's because they are a bunch of players who either have marginal skill at playing basketball, or or used to have skill, but have aged past the point where they can employ it.

It is not only qualitatively different from a hypothetical wherein you suited up and tried to play for the Spurs. You can try with all you might, but to no effect, because you lack the skill.

i know what your' saying but i have a hardtime believieng this was the same team that made it up to the #3 spot in the western conference.. ive seen this team play several games thru out the season.. mason, udoka, bonner and friends were not hitting their shots.. they even took ill advised shots in game 4 when pop told them to shoot 3's at the end..

GSH
05-01-2009, 01:19 PM
tp and td deserve far better than this thread ... the rest of our roleplayers not so much.

Orlando just closed out a series without Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee. Can you imagine what our series with Dallas would have looked like with either Tim or Tony sitting out? It would have been the most embarassing blowout in playoff history. We might not have scored 60 in a couple of those games. Those two guys gave it everything they had and then some.

But I'm not so sure that the other guys didn't try hard. It's just that most of them are slow, and couldn't hit shit under pressure. Without speed, athleticism, or the ability to knock down shots, you're kinda screwed in the NBA. Those guys didn't roll over - they just weren't as good.

But don't talk shit about them being worth the price of a ticket. I'd pay to see Tim and Tony perform the way they did any time.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
i know what your' saying but i have a hardtime believieng this was the same team that made it up to the #3 spot in the western conference.. ive seen this team play several games thru out the season.. mason, udoka, bonner and friends were not hitting their shots.. they even took ill advised shots in game 4 when pop told them to shoot 3's at the end..

It's the same team that needed double overtime to beat Minnesota, that very nearly lost 3 of 4 to the Oklahoma City Thunder, that needed a shot that shouldn't have counted to beat Sacramento, that lost twice to Milwaukee, that lost in New York and Toronto on consecutive nights, and that needed last-second/buzzer-beating shots to beat luminaries like the Clippers and Suns.

Yeah, they got the #3 spot, but it's not as if they'd proven themselves to be world-beaters during the course of the season. They eeked their way to a slightly-better than everyone else record. I'm not sure a 3 seed was ever truly indicative of this team's play.

tmtcsc
05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
In the case of the Celtics their "vets that win championships" are their big three..as it should be with us...however the fact remains that beside their big three

Glen Davis Kendrick Perkins Rajon Rando are by far better than ANYTHING the Spurs have at the end or midle of their bench...

and that is for the sole reason that POP doesn't want to coach YOUNG players...

dude get your head out of the sand or out of Pop's ass

I'm not blind, I know that Mason and Bonner sucked ass against the Mavs but it was their first significant playoff experience with the Spurs and they were thrown in the
fire immediately.

Rondo, Perkins and Davis didn't carry their teams last year. At best, they contributed but weren't necessarily difference makers.

The Celtics Championship team last year was won by: Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Posey and Brown. The other guys weren't called upon to be major contributors.

We needed Mason and Bonner to be major contributors to our offense. They did "ok" during the regular season but were awful when Manu wasn't part of the equation.

I don't think people realize how much Manu does for the team. His presence on the court changes everything. He's a threat on offense which means teams rotate off their man to help defend him, leaving a Bonner or a Mason wide open 3's.

As for your point about Pop not wanting to coach "young" players, that's just wrong. Hill got much more playing time than Mason in the last 2 games.

Historically, Pop made TP his starting point guard and he also gave significant minutes to Manu when they were rookies. Its not about age, its about talent.

Do you really think he's just too lazy to deal with young players ? That's idiotic.

superbigtime
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Spurs overachieved bigtime this year and had everything fall apart at the end due to injuries, subpar team chemistry, odd coaching and fantastic refereeing.

Bosell
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM

Obviously. To anyone who actually attended the games it should be crystal clear. TD and especially TP were great, but the rest just plain sucked. Pop included. The only ones who don't get it are these internet jockeys from Booneyland who have never even been to a ballgame. LOL!

Bosell
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Fuckwads like you should have been on the receiving end of a coat hangar abortion. Do everyone here and the world a favor:
1. Take a pistol
2. Aim at head
3. Pull Trigger.

If you're too stupid to follow written instructions, here's a diagram for you:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s169/cokacola151/you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

Got it, you stupid, ass sucking, worthless piece of shit?

You're just another clueless spic. Go Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! :bang

Bosell
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM

Of course not. I demand the shitty bus to be fixed. And it will be...

Bosell
05-01-2009, 01:55 PM
neither of those teams - as they are currently constructed - would win a series against any western playoff team.

hell, the bulls would have been a 30 win team if they had to play a western conference schedule.

Congratulations! It is impossible to miss a point more completely.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Congratulations! It is impossible to miss a point more completely.

The Spurs lost to the Mavs, therefore, they must not have played very hard and couldn't have possibly given a damn.

Q.E.D., right?

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Sadly, the Spurs' championship success has attracted "weak, lazy, spoiled pieces of shit" bandwagon fans.

Mel_13
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM

You do understand that it is possible to suck while playing as hard as possible. Trying and sucking are not mutually exclusive.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
You do understand that it is possible to suck while playing as hard as possible. Trying and sucking are not mutually exclusive.

Apparently, not when you lose to the Dallas Mavericks.

I'm pretty sure that the Mavericks' string of 50+ win seasons exists mostly because other teams don't play hard and really don't give a damn when they play Dallas. If teams just played hard and gave a damn, the Mavs would never win more than 15-20 games in a season.

Mel_13
05-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Apparently, not when you lose to the Dallas Mavericks.

I'm pretty sure that the Mavericks' string of 50+ win seasons exists mostly because other teams don't play hard and really don't give a damn when they play Dallas. If teams just played hard and gave a damn, the Mavs would never win more than 15-20 games in a season.

Now that you spell it out, that must be it.

Bosell
05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
The next round will prove that Dallas isn't that great of a team. They'll be ousted.

Mel_13
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
The next round will prove that Dallas isn't that great of a team. They'll be ousted.

And that will do nothing to either prove or disprove the point you are failing at making.

Extra Stout
05-01-2009, 02:48 PM
The Spurs did most of their damage in the middle of the season when all of the Big 3 were relatively healthy. Once Manu and then Tim broke down they kept it going for a little while, but eventually it caught up to them. There were two Spurs teams this year -- the 37-12 one in the middle of the season that looked like the Spurs, and the 18-20 one in November and then March through the playoffs. The Big 3 were good enough to compensate for the garbage supporting cast, but when some of them started breaking down, the lid came off the garbage can.

The Spurs' winning the Southwest Division can be likened to a stock car that blows its engine a quarter of a lap before the finish line, but still coasts in for the checkered flag.

Near the end, if the Spurs were winning games, it was because Tony Parker was doing ridiculous things on the floor. In the playoffs, not even that was enough.

FaithInOne
05-01-2009, 02:51 PM

Agreed.

It's a beautiful thing watching a young team that WANTS it.

rayray2k8
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM

what he said.. XD

EricB
05-01-2009, 03:01 PM
You're just another clueless spic. Go Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! :bang

Ahhh racism.

Gotta love it.

bus driver
05-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Of course not. I demand the shitty bus to be fixed. And it will be...

this shitty bus has won 4 championships, so again you dont like the way it is driven you dont have to get on! there are 29 other buses running and your more than able to get on one of those......:wakeup

Bosell
05-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Agreed.

It's a beautiful thing watching a young team that WANTS it.

:toast

Kori Ellis
05-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Racist. Loser. Trash.

Good night.