05-01-2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_ryan_hollins.jpg

Ryan Hollins | C
Born: Oct 10, 1984
Height: 7-0 / 2,13
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: UCLA
Years Pro: 2

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ryan_hollins/index.html)

RFA

timvp
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Spurs love to go after players that do well against them. I've liked Hollins since I first saw him at UCLA because he's such a freak of an athlete. But he's unskilled at this point in his development and it's probable that Cuban would match anything that isn't ridiculous.

loveforthegame
05-02-2009, 12:48 AM
He's intriguing. I mentioned in one of those other off season threads he might be too immature for the Spurs.

The shot blocking and defense is there.

MoSpur
07-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Could this guy be had as a backup center?

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I like em young! I mean my basketball players of course. I would happy if we walked away from free agency with Hollins. There is a lot of young under developed bigs available in free agency that could prove to be steals by seasons end.

benefactor
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
He would be a good option for depth. Dallas could probably get him back for pretty cheap though...and if it's us making the offer then you can be certain that Cuban will match.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I still have too bright memories of him pulling off his act against a clearly hobbled Duncan. Douche.

benefactor
07-02-2009, 10:19 AM
I still have too bright memories of him pulling off his act against a clearly hobbled Duncan. Douche.
Meh. I chalk it up to him being an excited kid. I'd take him for cheap.

ElNono
07-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Please No

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2009, 10:33 AM
He deserves to have Cuban stare at him in the locker room shower for the remainder of his miserable, pedestrian, forgettable career.

ElNono
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
How about.... NO?

in2deep
07-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Nah. He's a hot head with no ball IQ, none. I'd rather get Pops Mensa

coyotes_geek
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Elson > Hollins

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Any public interest in this kid would only drive up Cuban's price. And rest assured, he WOULD pay it because he absolutely hates for other teams to beat him in the free agent acquisition game.

ElNono
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Have you thought about... NO?

coyotes_geek
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Any public interest in this kid would only drive up Cuban's price. And rest assured, he WOULD pay it because he absolutely hates for other teams to beat him in the free agent acquisition game.

There isn't any public interest suggesting Jason Kidd is still worth $8 mil a year, but Cuban's ready to give it to him anyways. Cuban doesn't listen to what other people are doing.

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
There isn't any public interest suggesting Jason Kidd is still worth $8 mil a year, but Cuban's ready to give it to him anyways. Cuban doesn't listen to what other people are doing.

There is definitely public interest from in Kidd, from at least one other team (Knicks), who can't pay him any more than the MLE. Yet what is Cubes doing? He's hell-bent on overpaying to retain Kidd''s services by offering 8mil per.

He's getting played by Kidd and his agent because he knows Kidd has an offseason home and children there. However in the end, Kidd will go with the money, as most anyone else.

Cuban's problem is that he gets too emotional about his own players, while failing to honetly assess their level of productivity and objectively analyze their market value. Look what he did last year. He blew all of his MLE wad to reacquire Desgana Diop, only to ship him out before midseason.

Back to Kidd again, if Cuban were to let him walk, he'd have absolutely nothing to show for that failed Devin Harris trade that brought Kidd to Dallas in the first place. A trade that, by the way, is considered a collossal failure.

MoSpur
07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I would not be surprised if Hollins has been called by Pop. Remember Rasho tearing us apart when he was with the T-Wolves. Pop then flew to wherever Rasho lived and overpaid him.

pad300
07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Hell, fake the interest, just to drive up Cuban's bills. The CBA still applies even if he doesn't give a rats butt about the Lux tax. It still limits his maneuvering when he overpays for players...

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Hell, fake the interest, just to drive up Cuban's bills. The CBA still applies even if he doesn't give a rats butt about the Lux tax. It still limits his maneuvering when he overpays for players...

I guess that's the point. Cuban is such an emotional sucker, he doesn't mind getting involved in a game of financial chicken with anyone.