05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_allen_iverson.jpg

Allen Iverson | G
Born: Jun 7, 1975
Height: 6-0 / 1,83
Weight: 180 lbs. / 81,6 kg.
College: Georgetown
Years Pro: 12

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/index.html)

Ditty
05-05-2009, 12:22 AM
imagine?

lol

timtonymanu
05-05-2009, 12:24 AM
if he accepts to come off the bench, im all for it. but he wont.

Ditty
05-05-2009, 12:27 AM
im pretty sure he's made all the money he has wanted he didnt want to come off the bench in detroit because they were going nowhere i would seriously see him pulling for a 1 year 1 million contract to win a championship that would be crazy if he came here and kept his mouth shut

EricB
05-05-2009, 12:27 AM
:td

Done.

No thanks, cancer, ball hog, pile of crap human.

thumbs down a million times.

angelbelow
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
for 1 year 1 million HELL YEA. any contract over 4 million thumbs down a million times.

DAF86
05-05-2009, 02:28 AM
I love AI but... not a spur.

05-05-2009, 03:31 AM
i would welcome any former mvp still playing in the NBA. but he's not going to come off the bench so no. if he understands his role as an off the bench scorer and accepts the LLE, then yes.

Xylus
05-05-2009, 03:36 AM
AI is a fun player to watch and a special talent, but I wouldn't want him on my team.

stéphane
05-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Not the kind of player I'd like to see in silver and black.
Not even if he comes for peanuts.

manufor3
05-05-2009, 07:18 AM
no

urunobili
05-05-2009, 07:41 AM
For the vet min i wouldn't mind...

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 10:31 AM
If part of the 2010 plan is to have a lottery pick, I say bring his ass onboard.

FaithInOne
05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
For the vet min I say no.

FaithInOne
For minimum wage I say no.

Muser
:wakeup

No.

xtremesteven33
05-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Off the bench: Hell yea

But we all know he will become a Knick this summer

bdubya
05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
"If he'll know his role and come off the bench..." :lol:lol

IOW, "we'd love to have Iverson, as long as he isn't Iverson."

SenorSpur
05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
In the words of John McEnroe, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Detroit Killer

ffadicted
05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, not very likely. Although I think if any coach in the league could handle Iverson, it'd be Pop.

Ditty
05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
One year for the LLE I'm fine with. We could start him at the 2 and continue to bring Manu off the bench.

that is true but he defense is bad, and is a ballhog at the same , would be intersting to see him here for the lle i would do it

dbestpro
05-11-2009, 11:08 AM
that is true but he defense is bad, and is a ballhog at the same , would be intersting to see him here for the lle i would do it

Sounds like another Spurs point guard that is already on the team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Piston fans vote "no".

benefactor
05-11-2009, 01:06 PM
:td

Done.

No thanks, cancer, ball hog, pile of crap human.

thumbs down a million times.

gcamap21
07-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Allen Iverson still has a lot left to give. Hes a former all star,scores in bunches and he is not called the answer for nothing. As per ESPN he is reported to be interested in the Grizzlies, no pun intended but who wants to go to the Grizzlies. His stock has fallen so much that there is no one really interested in him any more. So for now he could come probably pretty cheap to a great organization like the Spurs who need a proven scorer. He has said he wants to play for coach he can respect ala Pop who was also assistant to Larry brown whom Iverson admires a lot. If he can come to San Antonio and come off the bench we would have an awesome second unit no one in the league could match.

Iverson to the Spurs yay or nay? What do you think?:flag:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2009, 01:56 AM
No fucking way.

Doesn't play a team game, would never fit as a Spur.

Darkwaters
07-04-2009, 02:10 AM
This would be the biggest CIA Pop move ever if it happened. I'm not saying I think it will...but can you imagine the expressions around the league if it did happen? Especially for peanuts.

Chillen
07-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Parker and Iverson together would be like trying to chase a bunch of quick cats. For 1 year, 1 million, kind of hard to say no.

angelbelow
07-04-2009, 02:37 AM
one year lle okay... anything more its a big HELL NO.

barbacoataco
07-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Why would the Spurs ever want Allen Iverson? He makes teams worse. That is why no one wants him. After last year it was obvious with what happened after the Billups trade. For many years I have considered him hugely overrated and one of the lamest NBA superstars. At his very best in his prime he was a scoring machine, although never a high%, but for a long time now he has been a ball hog, selfish player who dribbles away the shot clock and takes a contested fade-away jump shot.

scottspurs
07-04-2009, 03:29 AM
For LLE 1 year, sign him up. He could come off the bench in a Manu type role and be the go to scorer off the bench. If he really wants to win a Championship he would listen to Pop. If it doesn't work out you can release him and use the roster spot on someone else. Anything more than LLE 1 year would be to much of a risk.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2009, 03:35 AM
I have always thought he'd end up in San Antonio in his last few years in the league. I wouldn't want to pay him much, but I wouldn't mind him here at all.

sabar
07-04-2009, 03:41 AM
I'd gladly take him for the minimum, but I don't see him taking a lesser role or lesser cash.

Darkwaters
07-04-2009, 04:05 AM
I have always thought he'd end up in San Antonio in his last few years in the league. I wouldn't want to pay him much, but I wouldn't mind him here at all.

Agreed. If he could be had for small-time cash and convinced to play a back-up and lesser role then why wouldn't you?

loveforthegame
07-04-2009, 11:57 AM
On the cheap you'd have to at least consider it.

kbrury
07-04-2009, 12:00 PM
too much talent to pass up if he is willing to take a pay and role cut.

Strike
07-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Hell to the no.

picnroll
07-04-2009, 12:08 PM
AI may be the only player in the league capable of screwing up the Spurs chemistry.

Steve-O-Matic
07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
When he played in our system in Philly under Larry Brown he was awesome, won an MVP, and led them to the Finals. Brown still speaks highly of AI to this day, which is one of the reasons the Charlotte rumors have persisted. If we traded Mason in a package deal with Bonner and/or Finley to get some more frontcourt help, Iverson for the LLE as the starting SG for 20-25 minuntes a night (with Manu as the 6th man, similar to last year's Mason-Manu platoon) would be fabulous. AI can also be an emergency PG, adding further value.

DynastyBuilder
07-04-2009, 12:16 PM
If you can get him on the cheap and if he'd accept his role with the team then :tu. But those are two big ifs. Doubt AI would be willing to accept either.

Kamnik
07-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Iverson?

Even if he plays for free... No thanks!

loveforthegame
07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I can see him ending up in Dallas actually.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
If he took the minimum, I'd take him in an instant..he might not work out, but he would certainly be worth a try..that would allow us to start Manu, and not lose much offensively off the bench..Iverson wouldn't come off the bench though, so I doubt he would consider coming here..

I see Iverson joining Charlotte though, it's a perfect situation for both parties..

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Would give the Spurs a scoring punch off the bench. Of course, that's if he would be fine with such a role. I think Pop can command his respect.

timvp
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM
If Hill bombs in summer league, the Spurs don't land a defensive bigman and Pop thinks the team has to win with scoring ... maybe Iverson makes sense on the cheap. Otherwise I'd pass.

Yuixafun
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM
When he played in our system in Philly under Larry Brown he was awesome, won an MVP, and led them to the Finals. Brown still speaks highly of AI to this day, which is one of the reasons the Charlotte rumors have persisted. If we traded Mason in a package deal with Bonner and/or Finley to get some more frontcourt help, Iverson for the LLE as the starting SG for 20-25 minuntes a night (with Manu as the 6th man, similar to last year's Mason-Manu platoon) would be fabulous. AI can also be an emergency PG, adding further value.

Also having AI would add another player that attacks the basket and draws fouls.

Instant offense, would add some tenacity and passion to the Spurs. He's got some of that 'firepower' Pop has been pining for. I reckon he can still get hot and then its all muscle memory and he'll make it rain plus still break a few ankles and get the crowd excited.

I love the potential IF he can check his ego. I think playing for Pop and alongside Duncan/TP/Manu.

Actually playing for the Spurs would seem like a safe haven for him.

I think he was the scapegoat for what happened in Detroit and although not innocent, the whole team soured. The players disliked their coach and didn't give maximum effort. How is that on AI?

Him and Melo was foolish, but Duncan and AI? Sounds like they would compliment each other.

I think Duncan could mollify both AI and Sheed actually. With help from Pop.

Imagine that... Rasheed Duncan Jefferson AI Parker and Manu off the bench.

Mugen
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
you really think AI would enjoy sitting out the end of 4th quarters.

me neither.

Tully365
07-04-2009, 03:25 PM
The Billups-Iverson swap I think proved pretty powerfully what many have been saying for years-- that Iverson is a huge defensive liability. It's not only that he's small, but because he floats in the defensive scheme away from his guy looking for passes to steal more than any other player I know. His speed & agility are obviously great, but his fundamentals are the worst. This paired with his being undersized makes him too much for a good team to deal with, as I think Denver's recent ascent and Detroit's recent descent have shown.

hater
07-04-2009, 03:37 PM
AI pretty much destroyed the Detroit Pistons.

no thanks

Libri
07-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm sure that if the Spurs were interested, Pop would honestly tell Iverson what the team expects of him (be a team player, practice, play within the system, come off the bench and possibly no play at the end of fourth quarter).

After all that, it might be Iverson that says no to the Spurs.

Bruno
07-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't want him at all.
AI will hurt more Spurs than help them.

Chillen
07-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't want him at all.

Your opinion, but if accepts a role off the bench and is motivated to play team ball and win an NBA championship, if anyone can keep AI in check it's Pop. For 1 year, 1 million, and the Spurs sign Sheed, why not. Sheed and AI did not respect that coach in Detroit, they would respect Pop in every way imaginable.

buttsR4rebounding
07-04-2009, 05:46 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking. Although if AI could handle the role it would be good to move him to the 2nd team where he could be the focus of the offense like Manu is now when he is healthy and move Manu into the starting lineup. Pop and Duncan both spoke highly of AI after the Olympics saying that AI had been a total team player and did whatever was asked of him. I believe on the Spurs he would accept that kind of role. Heck, even if we snag Rasheed I would pick up AI for the vet minimum or LLE and look to trade Mason to cut salary and pick up a draft choice.

Bruno
07-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Your opinion, but if accepts a role off the bench and is motivated to play team ball and win an NBA championship, if anyone can keep AI in check it's Pop.

AI's attitude isn't the only problem.
AI needs the ball in his hands and I rather see the ball in Tim, Tony, Manu and RJ hands. That's the main reason why I don't want AI with Spurs.

bishopospurs
07-04-2009, 05:50 PM
AI doesn't fit the ethos of the spurs, plain and simple. He wants to play for Memphis because he cares more about starting and having his ego stroked then going to a contender. It is sad to see a once dominant player try to play on a crappy team just to walk on the court before another player. This would be shades of Michael Jordan with the Wizards. However, I think Jordan couldn't stand watching a team his name was attached too lose and was so competitive he thought he could force them to be winners. Iverson is more whorish.

buttsR4rebounding
07-04-2009, 05:51 PM
AI pretty much destroyed the Detroit Pistons.

no thanks

That's ludicrous. Getting rid of Billups destroyed the Pistons. Dumars had a bit of Isiah rub off on him when he thought that Stucky could replace Billups. It's one thing asking AI to come off the bench behind Tony and Manu w/ 3 rings each and each an all star in their own right that have been proven in the system. It is quite another to ask him to come off the bench behind Stuckey, unproven in both the system and the league.

galvatron3000
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
AI's attitude isn't the only problem.
AI needs the ball in his hands and I rather see the ball in Tim, Tony, Manu and RJ hands. That's the main reason why I don't want AI with Spurs.

Truly well said, he doesn't fit Spurs ball unless Manu and Tony are hurt, Duncan with wabbly knees and the green light from POP.

bishopospurs
07-04-2009, 05:54 PM
That's ludicrous. Getting rid of Billups destroyed the Pistons. Dumars had a bit of Isiah rub off on him when he thought that Stucky could replace Billups. It's one thing asking AI to come off the bench behind Tony and Manu w/ 3 rings each and each an all star in their own right that have been proven in the system. It is quite another to ask him to come off the bench behind Stuckey, unproven in both the system and the league.
agreed

Man In Black
07-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I'd take him as a 2nd unit player. He can be a beast in the passing lanes and should he follow Pop's plan to the letter, he'll get some valuable time through out the season, making everyone's load that much lighter and come playoff time, Pop could employ him in a small ball lineup with quickness that would frighten the league's best perimeter defenders.

benefactor
07-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't want him at all.
:tu

spurspokesman
07-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Allen Iverson still has a lot left to give. Hes a former all star,scores in bunches and he is not called the answer for nothing. As per ESPN he is reported to be interested in the Grizzlies, no pun intended but who wants to go to the Grizzlies. His stock has fallen so much that there is no one really interested in him any more. So for now he could come probably pretty cheap to a great organization like the Spurs who need a proven scorer. He has said he wants to play for coach he can respect ala Pop who was also assistant to Larry brown whom Iverson admires a lot. If he can come to San Antonio and come off the bench we would have an awesome second unit no one in the league could match.

Iverson to the Spurs yay or nay? What do you think?:flag:

He said he wanted to play for the griz because he knows they are not will get drunk enough off his hype and throw a little more money at him the other teams. He hasn't changed.I'd rather anthony johnson. Hustles. Respectable defender and can score. We don't need another superstar. We have enough.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2009, 09:49 PM
People keep saying "if he'll accept his role". EPIC FAIL. Iverson has NEVER accepted a role and never will - he has the biggest ego in the game. For Iverson, it's all about Iverson, and as someone already said, he's one of the few players in the NBA who might be able to cause a meltdown in our locker room.

You can't just say "if he'll accept his role" completely ignoring his entire career in which he's never done anything that he didn't want to do, of which his destruction of the Pistons last year was emblematic. Of course we'd all love AI here for 1 million if we could fully trust that he would accept a bench scoring role and not complain, but THAT IS NOT ALLEN IVERSON!

symple19
07-05-2009, 01:37 AM
I can't believe this is even a thread. AI=BS

BillMc
07-05-2009, 03:58 AM
AI is the Anti-Spur. Practice, ball rotation, unselfishness, etc... He doesn't do it. I kid you not, I'd rather have Marbury than AI. At least Marbury seems to have kinda learned his lesson. (Though I don't want him either.)

Mr. Body
07-05-2009, 04:35 AM
He'd wind up in the same closet where they store Ron Mercer.

ivanfromwestwood
07-05-2009, 05:02 AM
AI is the Anti-Spur.Practice, ball rotation, unselfishness, etc... He doesn't do it. I kid you not, I'd rather have Marbury than AI. At least Marbury seems to have kinda learned his lesson. (Though I don't want him either.)

practice? were talking bout practice. i mean come on. practice?

poeticism707
07-05-2009, 06:05 AM
People keep saying "if he'll accept his role". EPIC FAIL. Iverson has NEVER accepted a role and never will - he has the biggest ego in the game. For Iverson, it's all about Iverson, and as someone already said, he's one of the few players in the NBA who might be able to cause a meltdown in our locker room.

You can't just say "if he'll accept his role" completely ignoring his entire career in which he's never done anything that he didn't want to do, of which his destruction of the Pistons last year was emblematic. Of course we'd all love AI here for 1 million if we could fully trust that he would accept a bench scoring role and not complain, but THAT IS NOT ALLEN IVERSON!

True: BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE A SPURS BENCH LED BY IVERSON AND GINOBILI?!? They would pillage every other bench in the league!!!

He'd never agree to come off the bench, but these two together would MOP UP the benches of the league, Lakers' included. Just too much quickness and offense.

Chieflion
07-05-2009, 08:45 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60344/20090705/iverson_still_doesnt_wants_to_be_starter/

I see the writer was a bit drunk. Read the content, don't look at the title.
He still has the crappy ego beside himself.

exstatic
07-05-2009, 09:29 AM
practice? were talking bout practice. i mean come on. practice?
Actually, I think it was more not showing up for practice.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Bizarro world. Spurs fans are dumping on the possibility of adding Allen Iverson in this thread while donning their kneepads and hanging on every mention of Rasheed Wallace joining the silver & black in every other thread on the board.

The bigman rotation's needs are more acute, but still.

And while, yes, on paper, the perimeter rotation looks fine, we seem to be forgetting that Ginobili's ankles have yet to prove that they can return to 100%. Would Spurs fans have cared about Iverson's past had he been on the roster last season, particularly during the postseason when more scoring was desperately needed? I doubt they would have. Yet that is precisely the argument made for Wallace as it relates to the frontcourt.

TP/Manu/AI, if healthy, would give the Spurs an incredible 3 guard rotation. Defenses would never get a break, especially with Jefferson at the 3. Then the Spurs could fill out the rest of the roster with solid rebounders and spot up shooters (yes, including Wallace). Iverson would take some pressure off TP and help keep his minutes down during the regular season.

If Iverson joins the Spurs, he will have demonstrated that he's about playing for a ring, as the Spurs would not be offering a starting spot nor that much money.

The next two seasons are the last real chance for the Spurs to add another championship banner(s) to the at&t Center's rafters. As the Spurs are demonstrating by their aggressive, luxury tax agnostic, offseason, it's time to load up the roster to win now.

exstatic
07-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Bizarro world. Spurs fans are dumping on the possibility of adding Allen Iverson in this thread while donning their kneepads and hanging on every mention of Rasheed Wallace joining the silver & black in every other thread on the board.
Sheed went to the Pistons and fit in and succeeded. AI went to the Pistons, chafed at playing a role OR coming off the bench, and ultimately left the team with some thin-ass "injury" story. It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to see the difference. While Sheed has had his moments, insisting on dominating the ball and starring has never been one of them. In fact, he's been chided for wanting only to play a role when his talent dictated much more.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Sheed sulked and forced his way to the Pistons where he was given a starter's role. Had Wallace been asked to play behind some unproven player, or better yet, been traded to another team he couldn't get away from and found himself coming off the bench, are we to assume he wouldn't have had a problem with that?

Wallace acts a fool on the court way too much. We're supposed to be concerned about Iverson's off-court sulking, but at least when he's playing in an actual game he doesn't lose control of himself such that he is a detriment to the team.

Lest we forget the role Wallace played in one of the greatest moments in franchise history:

55Gci1x6N8E

Spurs fans' hypocrisy is of the highest order when jocking Wallace and dismissing Iverson. It boils down to the need for a starting bigman being that great.

exstatic
07-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Sheed sulked and forced his way to the Pistons where he was given a starter's role. Had Wallace been asked to play behind some unproven player, or better yet, been traded to another team he couldn't get away from and found himself coming off the bench, are we to assume he wouldn't have had a problem with that?

Wallace acts a fool on the court way too much. We're supposed to be concerned about Iverson's off-court sulking, but at least when he's playing in an actual game he doesn't lose control of himself such that he is a detriment to the team.

Lest we forget the role Wallace played in one of the greatest moments in franchise history:

Spurs fans' hypocrisy is of the highest order when jocking Wallace and dismissing Iverson. It boils down to the need for a starting bigman being that great.

Well, Wallace would be starting, and Iverson wouldn't, so we're back to that.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Well, Wallace would be starting, and Iverson wouldn't, so we're back to that.

Iverson will have chosen the team and will have chosen to be coming off the bench.

exstatic
07-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Iverson will have chosen the team and will have chosen to be coming off the bench.

Yeah, I guess in Bizzarro world, he might make that choice. In ours, he's sniffing around teams like Memphis for shots and $$$. I just really can't see him "flipping the switch" three months after he left the Pistons in a huff with some fake injury story as a cover.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Just the same as we expect Wallace to not melt down on the court and not leave the inbounds man in crunch time. Also, what exactly is taking Wallace so long? He knows what the teams courting him look like and the earlier he commits, the easier it will be for whatever team he selects to make other changes.

Hopefully the Spurs' interest in Wallace is lukewarm and they are really pushing for McDyess, who would be a much better fit and offer far less on court drama.

Ice009
07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=103326671

Wherever he lands, Iverson may have to accept a reduced role. He chaffed at that prospect with the Pistons, and Thursday night he was repeating his thoughts he echoed several times during the season.

He hesitated when asked about coming off the bench. Finally, he said: "I don't know. I think I would retire."

benefactor
07-05-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=103326671

Wherever he lands, Iverson may have to accept a reduced role. He chaffed at that prospect with the Pistons, and Thursday night he was repeating his thoughts he echoed several times during the season.

He hesitated when asked about coming off the bench. Finally, he said: "I don't know. I think I would retire."
lol Iverson. He gets to do something that millions of people dream of doing and he would rather quit over not starting? Just GTFO.

loveforthegame
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
lol Iverson. He gets to do something that millions of people dream of doing and he would rather quit over not starting? Just GTFO.

My thoughts exactly. He's still talented enough to play a few more years and contribute to a team. But to think he'd rather retire than come off the bench is so silly.

exstatic
07-05-2009, 05:47 PM
"I don't know. I think I would retire."
This should tell anyone who wants Iverson thinking that he will accept a role everything they need to know. He won't.

DPG21920
07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Just the same as we expect Wallace to not melt down on the court and not leave the inbounds man in crunch time. Also, what exactly is taking Wallace so long? He knows what the teams courting him look like and the earlier he commits, the easier it will be for whatever team he selects to make other changes.

Hopefully the Spurs' interest in Wallace is lukewarm and they are really pushing for McDyess, who would be a much better fit and offer far less on court drama.

So if McDyess wanted to play for the Spurs what is taking him so long to express his interest? Spurs could make more moves if they knew he would commit.

kbrury
07-05-2009, 06:38 PM
So if McDyess wanted to play for the Spurs what is taking him so long to express his interest? Spurs could make more moves if they knew he would commit.
Most of the free agents have been pretty quiet in the media at least the ones the Spurs are after so we don't really know who is interested or not. For all we know the spurs could have visited a couple of players already its just they keep their business pretty quiet in comparison to the Celtics.

Chillen
07-05-2009, 06:45 PM

It's simple, if he starts his ego gets satisfied, if he gets benched his ego gets hurt. That is the only way to explain comments like that from a pro basketball player.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Fair enough. That's a pet peeve I have with these free agents. Naturally the first reason for dragging their feet is to find a way to receive greater guaranteed compensation. Of course, money is never the sole motivating factor in a free agent's team selection, especially when the money will be same wherever he goes.

DPG21920
07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Fair enough. That's a pet peeve I have with these free agents. Naturally the first reason for dragging their feet is to find a way to receive greater guaranteed compensation. Of course, money is never the sole motivating factor in a free agent's team selection, especially when the money will be same wherever he goes.

I agree, it is frustrating. But with the Spurs and FA's I have learned to be patient :lol

We just have to wait a little while and hope things work out. As with all well thought out plans, there needs to be a little bit of luck for all things to go smoothly. Which it hardly ever does.

dbestpro
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Here's a solution. Bonner and Mason for Foster. Foster gives the post what it needs. Next, sign Iverson with the MLE. Iverson and Parker become your starting guards with Gino from the bench. Iverson also becomes the back up point guard.
if not Iverson then think about Marion for the MLE. Marion could start at the SF with Jefferson at the SG. Manu again delivers the fire power from the bench.
As the officiating has driven the league to a guard league I would love to see Iverson, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson and Duncan as Pop rolls out his favored small ball sets. Foster would deliver as much as any free agent center anyway.

superbigtime
07-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I can understand that AI balks at coming off the bench since he has been a scoring champion and an MVP. In the grand scheme though, pretty selfish and stupid. Help your team win! If your team wins, then YOU win.

DynastySpurs210
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I like AI only if he takes less and plays off the Bench!

ffadicted
07-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Tell him to come here for the vet minimum and back up tony and manu. Also, a tony parker/allen iverson backcourt with ginobili at 3, jefferson at 4 and duncan at 5 when we play small ball would destroy in the offensive end.

Of course, all of that is as likely as KBP shutting the fuck up about greek cock sucking.