05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_jamario_moon.jpg

Jamario Moon | F
Born: Jun 13, 1980
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 200 lbs. / 90,7 kg.
College: Meridian CC (MS)
Years Pro: 1

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jamario_moon/index.html)

RFA

TheProfessor
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Out now with an injury. Might bring his value down a bit on the open market.

duncan228
05-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Jamario Moon: (Hernia) Will Resume Play in July (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-amariooonerniaillesu&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

Update: Moon said he will be able to resume playing again in July following surgery to repair a sports hernia, the Miami Herald reports.

Moon becomes a restricted free agent in July and it is not known if the Heat are interested in bringing him back. He said Heat officials told him “they are really impressed with me,” but haven’t said if they’ll re-sign him—the luxury tax being a possible hindrance.

exstatic
05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
we need a 29 yo ex-globetrotter on our team.

fify

tomtom
05-28-2009, 10:37 PM
not a bad option. the guys a beast on 2k9 for some reason :lol

wildbill2u
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Dude is already 29 and only one year a pro. Might have a short shelf life.

EricB
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I could've sworn this was his second season...

EricB
06-05-2009, 10:12 PM
It was. He played his whole rookie season with the Raptors and then in this season he was traded to the heat half way through.

Thats what I thought.

I'd definately entertain a sign and trade for him.

DPG21920
06-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Thats what I thought.

You would? What do your peers in the Spurs FO think?

exstatic
06-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Thats what I thought.

I doubt Miami would. They're looking to shed salary like a mofo. The Heat are already at $69M, and they have to fill 3 more roster spots. Almost any offer at or above the LLE gets you Moon for free.

Tully365
06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I just don't see the point of going after him. The Raptors were actually better with Garbajosa than with the more athletic Moon.

DPG21920
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
If it was for the LLE, it would definitely be worth it. He would be an upgrade for sure and he is cheap.

portnoy1
06-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Especially if he is cheap. alot of folks think we need another scorer at the 3 and 5 positions. Moon won't score alot, however he will get a good amount of rebounds and can defend the wing players like Kobe, Allen and durant. Thats the most important thing right now. In years past we had the big 3 and some versatile role players and we won. Now all of a sudden everyone is talking about how we need another scorer. We've had the pretty much the same guys for the last 3-4 years. The problem is that were trying to score more cause we cant stop anybody. Get stops and then have a methodical / versatile offense like we have had in years past and we will back to where we were.

Dear POP
should have started Oberto (Rebounds, IQ ) and Bowen (Defense, IQ ) instead of Bonner ( No D and to many 3's ) and Mason ( No D and to Many 3's) after all you said defense wins championships. Enjoy your summer, And buy Peter Holt a few extra beers this summer so you can talk him into getting younger players.

Mel_13
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
HEAT Extend Qualifying Offers To Joel Anthony And Jamario Moon

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/qualifying_offers_anthony_moon.html

DPG21920
06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I wonder if the Spurs offered him BAE if that would be enough?

EricB
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I just don't see the point of going after him. The Raptors were actually better with Garbajosa than with the more athletic Moon.

I disagree, Garbajosa IMO was a stiff.

IMO of course.

Tully365
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I disagree, Garbajosa IMO was a stiff.

IMO of course.

But the Raptors were a better team with Garbajosa, and had a better record. Granted, Garbajosa didn't have people watching his dunks on youtube like Moon does, but I think he was a better glue/dirtywork type of player.

IMO, also, of course.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Garbo was definitely the better glue guy, but that was partly due to Toronto's lack of toughness as a team..Garbajosa was by far their toughest guy and their best hustle guy..they needed a guy like him on the team..he isn't a stiff btw, he was a serviceable player..

Moon has some major flaws, but even at his advanced age, he still has untapped potential..he's peaked athletically at this point(which isn't a bad thing, he's still very athletic), but his basketball IQ still needs a lot of work..he's never played with a great coach or a veteran team, and he's never played in a good system..he also still makes a lot of mistakes defensively, but he clearly has potential with the right coaching..

this is a guy that could be a good low-cost project that could be something good..he's definitely worth a look IMO..