PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will Make run for Rasheed Wallace.

rockymax95
05-01-2009, 10:09 AM
It would not suprise me to see the Spurs make a run for Rasheed Wallace. Their ultimate goal is to win at least 1 or maybe 2 more championships in this Tim Duncan and Tony Parker era. The Spurs are not in a mindset of rebuilding but winning and at the same time rebuilding with their young players such as George Hill and Mahimi. They do plan on keeping the core of TP, Manu and Duncan. I do believe that Rasheed may agree with to deal with the Spurs to make that run, and he will sign not for a large sum of money but for a chance for another ring. Drew Gooden has exressed interest of staying with the Spurs also, but will test the waters. Im sure the Spurs can not afford to pay him what he is asking for, but if willing for a smaller salary and a championship he will sign too with the Spurs.

If we do Get Sheed and Gooden back, you can expect nothing less than a championship.:lobt2: Sheed does play great Defense and can rebound well. He can even score for big man behind the arc which is huge for any team, it will also take some defensive pressure off Duncan.

Sheed, Duncan, Parker, Mason Jr, Bonner Starting Line up.

Bench Manu, Hill, Mahimi, Thomas, Bowen and possible Gooden.

Mason Jr, needs to improve on his ability to drive to the hoop and hit mid range jumpers. He seems to live and die behind the 3 point line. So if opposing teams play him well behind the arc he will struggle.

Hill is a combo of Bowen and Parker. I only see positive out of this guy.

If we get Sheed, its going to be a great showdown :ihit with the Lakers and a excellent chance for a couple more rings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/sports/basketball/28dribble.html?_r=2&ref=sports

Strike
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
It would not suprise me to see the Spurs make a run for Rasheed Wallace. Their ultimate goal is to win at least 1 or maybe 2 more championships in this Tim Duncan and Tony Parker era. The Spurs are not in a mindset of rebuilding but winning and at the same time rebuilding with their young players such as George Hill and Mahimi. They do plan on keeping the core of TP, Manu and Duncan. I do believe that Rasheed may agree with to deal with the Spurs to make that run, and he will sign not for a large sum of money but for a chance for another ring. Drew Gooden has exressed interest of staying with the Spurs also, but will test the waters. Im sure the Spurs can not afford to pay him what he is asking for, but if willing for a smaller salary and a championship he will sign too with the Spurs.

If we do Get Sheed and Gooden back, you can expect nothing less than a championship.:lobt2: Sheed does play great Defense and can rebound well. He can even score for big man behind the arc which is huge for any team, it will also take some defensive pressure off Duncan.

Bench Manu, Hill, Mahimi, Thomas, Bowen and possible Gooden.

Mason Jr, needs to improve on his ability to drive to the hoop and hit mid range jumpers. He seems to live and die behind the 3 point line. So if opposing teams play him well behind the arc he will struggle.

Hill is a combo of Bowen and Parker. I only see positive out of this guy.

If we get Sheed, its going to be a great showdown :ihit with the Lakers and a excellent chance for a couple more rings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/sports/basketball/28dribble.html?_r=2&ref=sports

Also new to the rumor mill, the Spurs are most likely going to draft Wake Forest big man Tim Duncan in the 1997 NBA Draft.

duncan228
05-01-2009, 10:43 AM
More Sheed conversation here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124888

fyatuk
05-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Uhhhh.... There's something wrong there. As in, who's playing small forward, Bonner or Sheed?

samikeyp
05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Uhhhh.... There's something wrong there. As in, who's playing small forward, Bonner or Sheed?

Hopefully Bonner will play Left Out, followed by Trade Bait.

z0sa
05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
signing both gooden and sheed is nigh (99% or so) impossible

SenorSpur
05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Just heard on local Dallas radio that Sheed has also expressed an interest in coming to the Mavs. Not surprising that he would want to get as many teams as possible to bid for his services. Let the buyer beware!

SenorSpur
05-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Just heard on local Dallas radio that Sheed has apparently expressed interest in coming to the Mavs. Shouldn't be a surprise that he would want to get as many teams as possible bidding for his services. Let the buyer beware!

StoneBuddha
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Just heard on local Dallas radio that Sheed has apparently expressed interest in coming to the Mavs. Shouldn't be a surprise that he would want to get as many teams as possible bidding for his services. Let the buyer beware!

I hope Sheed (and other free agents) aren't thinking that Dallas has as much of a chance at a championship as the Spurs. That was one of the many reasons I was hoping for a long playoff run (at least the WCF) to keep the Spurs at the forefront of things.

Gutter92
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Well, your topic said they WILL. You said you think they will. Which one is it! :P

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Hopefully Bonner will play Left Out, followed by Trade Bait.
This is what we could get for Matt Bonner

http://tampabusiness.creativeloafing.com/site_images_upload/directory/2008/11/28/14/wooden_nickel_.JPG

Thomas
05-01-2009, 12:27 PM
you're going nowhere with Bonner

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I hope Sheed (and other free agents) aren't thinking that Dallas has as much of a chance at a championship as the Spurs. That was one of the many reasons I was hoping for a long playoff run (at least the WCF) to keep the Spurs at the forefront of things.

I think their first thought will be that after a season that saw a lot of clubs scrambling to cut salaries and most eyes on next year's offseason, Mark Cuban is on the short list of guys willing to spend money anymore.

Mel_13
05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Very misleading thread title

Should be: Guy who writes for NY Times thinks the Spurs will try to get Sheed.

He doesn't claim any inside info, just his guess

45 bank shot
05-01-2009, 01:31 PM
oh well who knows?
Spurs are probably so stubbourn with their so called "2010 plan" that they don't even want to make changes

fyatuk
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
This is what we could get for Matt Bonner

http://tampabusiness.creativeloafing.com/site_images_upload/directory/2008/11/28/14/wooden_nickel_.JPG

:lmao

That's what my mom use to tell me I was worth!

Thomas82
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Just heard on local Dallas radio that Sheed has also expressed an interest in coming to the Mavs. Not surprising that he would want to get as many teams as possible to bid for his services. Let the buyer beware!

With Dirk at PF and Damp at C, how would that work other than him coming off the bench?

Dr. Gonzo
05-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Sheed is old. Why are so many people getting a hard-on over him?

kace
05-01-2009, 03:21 PM

a longer PO run would have had many advantage, even without a title at the end.

1) Keep the Spurs as a TOP team for most of people. Last year WCF made us for most of people a TOP 5 team. Now, we're probably a TOP 10 team for most people, and that won't help to stay attractive for some FA.

2) Let some guys take some experience of PO games (hill, mason, bonner....). that would have been HUGE.

still some fans were saying that a first round exit would be the best thing for a Spurs team that had no chance to win it all. which was wrong IMO.

Bosell
05-01-2009, 03:25 PM
The current Spurs and "run" are an oxymoron.

Maybe they'll limp. :(

Thomas82
05-01-2009, 03:28 PM

1) Keep the Spurs as a TOP team for most of people. Last year WCF made us for most of people a TOP 5 team. Now, we're probably a TOP 10 team for most people, and that won't help to stay attractive for some FA.

2) Let some guys take some experience of PO games (hill, mason, bonner....). that would have been HUGE.

still some fans were saying that a first round exit would be the best thing for a Spurs team that had no chance to win it all. which was wrong IMO.

With our nucleus aging and playing in so many playoff games over the years, along with the FO's tendency to hold on to veterans for too long, that probably was a blessing in disguise.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
The current Spurs and "run" are an oxymoron.

Maybe they'll limp. :(
Damn...you must really hate the Spurs. You start a hate thread, and then you bitch about a team that wins 4 titles in 9 years? Come on dude..just admit it..you're a freaking troll..you're not a Spurs fan...

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
:lmao

That's what my mom use to tell me I was worth!
me too..that's where I got it...:lol

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 04:26 PM
After mulling this over, I think McDyess is the better fit. He doesn't have 3 point range but his J is good out to about 20 feet. He's a better rebounder and he seems more dedicated to playing good team basketball.

spursnatic
05-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Bonner should be out of San Antonio the way he played in the playoffs....He is terrible

rockymax95
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Very misleading thread title

Should be: Guy who writes for NY Times thinks the Spurs will try to get Sheed.

He doesn't claim any inside info, just his guess

True to your answer. But you know how the media is, they can hype something up so much then it just falls into place with the pressure and exposer. Good Answer.

timtonymanu
05-01-2009, 07:39 PM

who did we get last summer that was big? Sure Mason turned out to be pretty good. but Maggette didnt come. Pargo didnt come. Finley came back. Even if it did work out in the end for us. Anyway, we made it to the WCF last year and we didnt get anyone big after that.

holcs50
05-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Bonner should be out of San Antonio the way he played in the playoffs....He is terrible

One can only wish