05-01-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_matt_barnes.jpg

Matt Barnes | F
Born: Mar 9, 1980
Height: 6-7 / 2,01
Weight: 226 lbs. / 102,5 kg.
College: UCLA
Years Pro: 5

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/matt_barnes/index.html)

Ditty
05-01-2009, 12:21 PM
would love this kid

DPG21920
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I think he would be solid. Seems like a Spurs type of target. Not sure how he would be playing of of TP, Manu and Duncan. Have not really seen him in too many half court offenses.

EricB
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Spurs have had him in for workouts many many manyt imes.

Never signed him.

Theres reasons for it.

E20
05-01-2009, 01:33 PM
He doesn't like the Spurs or the city. Won't happen.

MagnusKrauss
05-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Would love to have him. I think he turned us down, right?

Lebowski Brickowski
05-02-2009, 07:56 AM
a good piece would he have been last year. And gotten on the cheap.

mountainballer
05-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Spurs have had him in for workouts many many manyt imes.

Never signed him.

Theres reasons for it.

sure, maybe the same reasons, why they once didn't sign Udonis Haslem!
because never ever has a player, who worked out for the Spurs, said no thanks, when they offered him a minimum contract.
(and this time Barnes wouldn't have helped against Howard anyhow. who needs an athletic 6-8 hustling SF this days.)

Danny.Zhu
05-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Low BB IQ. Pass.

NewJerSpur
05-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Won't leave the western portion of the United States.

Ditty
06-26-2009, 11:18 PM
possible minimum?

Sway
06-28-2009, 10:52 PM
He would be a good fit. Tough, athletic, plays good defense, and can be had on the cheap. I dont know of anyone else that can be had for a similiar price that brings as much to the table.

objective
06-28-2009, 11:09 PM
he's selfish and a headcase, he'd be lockerroom poison.

EricB
06-28-2009, 11:32 PM
sure, maybe the same reasons, why they once didn't sign Udonis Haslem!
because never ever has a player, who worked out for the Spurs, said no thanks, when they offered him a minimum contract.
(and this time Barnes wouldn't have helped against Howard anyhow. who needs an athletic 6-8 hustling SF this days.)

Had him in summer league.

Spurs have had plenty of chances to bring him back and chose not to.

Again, theres obviously reasons.

cheney212
06-28-2009, 11:34 PM
naw wouldnt want him, not even last year

Ditty
06-29-2009, 02:14 AM
well i dunno what happened hes a great athlete,great shooter,would be solid to back up jefferson heard he is a nice guy but has a attitude

VivaPopovich
06-29-2009, 04:42 AM
its obvious he has an attitude, i remember this kid. terrible smug on his face whenever he makes a shot + trash talker. you really can tell a lot of someones attitude from their on-court mannerisms. total turnoff to watch

pass

spursfan1000
06-29-2009, 05:45 AM
Maybe for the least amount of money we can pay him.

K-State Spur
06-29-2009, 06:17 AM
He would be a good fit. Tough, athletic, plays good defense, and can be had on the cheap. I dont know of anyone else that can be had for a similiar price that brings as much to the table.

He plays good defense on the ball, but he's pretty terrible in terms of fitting into a system (which is more important to Pop).

iilluzioN
06-29-2009, 06:19 AM
gist > barnes

Spurs9
06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Do not want.

coyotes_geek
06-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Meh. Maybe for league minimum, but there's some names I'd put ahead of his.

Muser
06-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Nope

hater
06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
if we keep Mason, Bonner no need for this guy

bishopospurs
07-18-2009, 04:35 PM
LLE option? I doubt he would sign for that money, I find it strange he still hasn't been claimed by anyone.

Bartleby
07-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I'd rather see the Spurs try to work a trade for Raja Bell.

bishopospurs
07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
^^^
as do I, I was seeing if there was any interest in Barnes at all. I think it is strange no one mentions him though Phoenix celebrated when they got him last year.

Seventyniner
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
A decent player in the right system (GS). Terrible for the Spurs, IMO. He's a chucker first and foremost, and would probably complain about being a backup.

Darkwaters
07-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Seems that there are mixed reactions. I don't think shed be a good fit for the Spurs. More recently he has been best fit for an up tempo team not the Spurs.

Hes spent so much time in uptempo chucking teams that it's hard to envision him on a slow-paced team like the Spurs. It'd be interesting to see if he could make the transition after so much time with the Warriors and then Suns.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2009, 05:07 PM
If I were owner if a rival team I'd pay the Spurs to sign him and give them a 100k bonus every time they used him for 30 or more minutes against the team I own.

Darkwaters
07-18-2009, 05:25 PM
If I were owner if a rival team I'd pay the Spurs to sign him and give them a 100k bonus every time they used him for 30 or more minutes against the team I own.

You like him that much, huh?

bishopospurs
07-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Looks like Orlando is going to add him to their team.

duncan228
07-21-2009, 02:07 AM
Sources: Magic, Barnes close (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4342767)
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Orlando Magic's active offseason continued Monday when they closed in on a deal to sign free-agent forward Matt Barnes, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

One source told ESPN.com that Barnes and the Magic have agreed in principle on a two-year deal for an undisclosed amount that could be announced as early as Tuesday.

Since reaching the NBA Finals for just the second time in franchise history, Orlando has traded for former All-Star swingman Vince Carter, signed free-agent forward Brandon Bass, matched a five-year, $34 million offer sheet to restricted free agent Marcin Gortat and pursued Barnes to join a group of newcomers that also includes Ryan Anderson from the Carter trade.

Barnes, 29, averaged 10.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists last season for Phoenix and is regarded as a versatile player off the bench who can guard forwards of all sizes and make the occasional 3-point shot.

The Magic began the week with roughly $1.9 million left from their $5.9 million mid-level exception after signing Bass.

With Hedo Turkoglu leaving in free agency to sign with the Toronto Raptors and Orlando forced to sacrifice Courtney Lee, Tony Battie and Rafer Alston in the Carter trade, last season's Eastern Conference champions will have a decidedly different look next season.

But Magic general manager Otis Smith has been unafraid to aggressively re-shape the supporting cast around his All-Star trio of Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson, undoubtedly aware that the Los Angeles Lakers were the first NBA team since the Detroit Pistons in 1989 to lose in the NBA Finals and come back to win the championship in the following season.

SpurCharger
07-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Good Talent...... but He does not fit the Spurs System...... He needs to run And Gun.... which is why he has played for golden state and phoenix......

Mr. Body
07-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Sources: Magic, Barnes close (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4342767)
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Orlando Magic's active offseason continued Monday when they closed in on a deal to sign free-agent forward Matt Barnes, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

One source told ESPN.com that Barnes and the Magic have agreed in principle on a two-year deal for an undisclosed amount that could be announced as early as Tuesday.

Since reaching the NBA Finals for just the second time in franchise history, Orlando has traded for former All-Star swingman Vince Carter, signed free-agent forward Brandon Bass, matched a five-year, $34 million offer sheet to restricted free agent Marcin Gortat and pursued Barnes to join a group of newcomers that also includes Ryan Anderson from the Carter trade.

Barnes, 29, averaged 10.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists last season for Phoenix and is regarded as a versatile player off the bench who can guard forwards of all sizes and make the occasional 3-point shot.

The Magic began the week with roughly $1.9 million left from their $5.9 million mid-level exception after signing Bass.

With Hedo Turkoglu leaving in free agency to sign with the Toronto Raptors and Orlando forced to sacrifice Courtney Lee, Tony Battie and Rafer Alston in the Carter trade, last season's Eastern Conference champions will have a decidedly different look next season.

But Magic general manager Otis Smith has been unafraid to aggressively re-shape the supporting cast around his All-Star trio of Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson, undoubtedly aware that the Los Angeles Lakers were the first NBA team since the Detroit Pistons in 1989 to lose in the NBA Finals and come back to win the championship in the following season.

I don't know what to think of the Magic anymore.

slick'81
07-21-2009, 02:33 AM
orlando loading up to battle the cavs and celts out east