Bruno
05-01-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_carlos_delfino.jpg

Carlos Delfino | G
Born: Aug 29, 1982
Height: 6-6 / 1,98
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
Years Pro: 4

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carlos_delfino/index.html)

RFA.
Currently playing in Russia.

MagnusKrauss
05-02-2009, 05:15 AM
um no.

DAF86
05-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I remember the first thread I started in ST was one asking the Spurs FO to sign Delfino and Herrmann for this season, if they'd have listen to me we wouldn't be bitching about role player not showing up when it matters most. Now it's to late Carlos is winning a lot of money in Europe and I don't see him getting back to the NBA.

The Spurs screwed the chance of having a core of talented guys, that have great chemisrty playing toghether, coming off the bench. Imagine Manu, Delfino, Herrmann, Scola and Oberto coming off the bench to give Tony, Tim and company a breather. It may be the homer in me, but that sounds good.

kace
05-03-2009, 05:37 AM
I Imagine Manu, Delfino, Herrmann, Scola and Oberto coming off the bench to give Tony, Tim and company a breather. It may be the homer in me, but that sounds good.

:lol

5 argentine players coming for the bench. i agree it could be the homer in you ;)

but the fact is that DOES sound good and we wouldn't have any problem of heart and fire with these role players. i would have liked too the spurs to explore a little more the argentine connection (not to talk about scola).

EricB
05-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I remember the first thread I started in ST was one asking the Spurs FO to sign Delfino and Herrmann for this season, if they'd have listen to me we wouldn't be bitching about role player not showing up when it matters most. Now it's to late Carlos is winning a lot of money in Europe and I don't see him getting back to the NBA.

The Spurs screwed the chance of having a core of talented guys, that have great chemisrty playing toghether, coming off the bench. Imagine Manu, Delfino, Herrmann, Scola and Oberto coming off the bench to give Tony, Tim and company a breather. It may be the homer in me, but that sounds good.

IIRC

Delfino was never known as a "clutch" player...

ploto
05-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Raptors intend to try to get him back to Toronto.

urunobili
05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
:lol

5 argentine players coming for the bench. i agree it could be the homer in you ;)

but the fact is that DOES sound good and we wouldn't have any problem of heart and fire with these role players. i would have liked too the spurs to explore a little more the argentine connection (not to talk about scola).

I agree it was his homer part but think about this... the whole Argie squad as a second unit in the NBA? dude... they'd have had fun with 90% of the league's second units...

DAF86
05-03-2009, 12:10 PM
IIRC

Delfino was never known as a "clutch" player...

Neither Oberto, Herrmann or Scola or any other Argie outside Manu. But the fact remains that the bigger the game the better they play, or at least they don't drop their usual level.

P/S: What does IIRC mean?

E20
05-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I'd die of laughter if the second unit for the Spurs was:

Ginobili
Delfino
Nocioni
Scola
Oberto

tp2021
05-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Neither Oberto, Herrmann or Scola or any other Argie outside Manu. But the fact remains that the bigger the game the better they play, or at least they don't drop their usual level.

If I remember correctly

DAF86
05-03-2009, 01:46 PM
If I remember correctly

Thanks.

DAF86
05-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I'd die of laughter if the second unit for the Spurs was:

Ginobili
Delfino
Nocioni
Scola
Oberto

Is that a good or bad thing?

E20
05-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Is that a good or bad thing?

I think it's good, but funny at the same time.

EricB
05-03-2009, 02:45 PM

I've always heard differently about Oberto.

I've heard time after time Oberto has always been a big game player.

MmP
07-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Anyone? He's shown great improvement in his abilities, especially being a key player in Argentina's 2008 bronze medal.

I really admire Carlos game, he's a small version of Manu.

Blackjack
07-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Not a big fan, but Toronto might be about to renounce his rights in order to sign Hedo.

raspsa
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM
I'd rather have Nocioni.

ploto
07-03-2009, 11:49 PM
They may still be able to do a S&T with Orlando or depending on where the cap comes in still get Carlos and Hedo.

scottspurs
07-04-2009, 04:29 AM
No problem if he signs for the LLE one or two years.

Chieflion
07-04-2009, 05:11 AM
The San Argentinian Spurs sound pretty good to me.

wildbill2u
07-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Somebody tell us why he went to Europe to play.

Hemotivo
07-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Somebody tell us why he went to Europe to play.

money

Hemotivo
07-04-2009, 08:38 AM
buyout: 500k

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2009, 09:06 AM
If the Spurs deal Mason, Delfino wouldn't be bad for the bench.

Hemotivo
07-04-2009, 09:15 AM
he's making almost 8million (http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1140932) but maybe he's tired of playing in Russia

bishopospurs
07-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Delfino is two years younger than Mason. I wouldn't mind signing him and freeing up mason to trade for a big man around the league. Hermann would be a good LLE addition. He is a 3 who can play some 4.

The only problem with that is should the spurs go that route, then trade Bonner, Finley and Mason, the only players returning from last year would be the big three plus Ian and Hill. I think Pop is real into commitment with certain players and doesn't have the heart to totally clean house.

MarHill
07-04-2009, 10:24 AM
No to Delfino!

The Spurs need a big. That's who they should focus all their energy on. Whether is Sheed or Dice or Gooden or Zaza!

Not another wing player!!

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2009, 10:00 AM
If the Raptors can't trade Marion, the simplest path to clearing space for Turkoglu would be to renounce its rights to Marion, Carlos Delfino, and Anthony Parker.

link (http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15920813?source=rss_blogs_NBA)

hater
07-07-2009, 10:05 AM
isn't Delfino making 8mil a year? he won't come for peanuts

Texas_Ranger
07-07-2009, 10:11 AM
isn't Delfino making 8mil a year? he won't come for peanuts

Russians didn't pay him the money they promised.

Knoxxx
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
How about Marion, Delfino, and A Parker for Bonner, Mason, and Finley?

kbrury
07-07-2009, 10:52 AM
How about Marion, Delfino, and A Parker for Bonner, Mason, and Finley?

I think that prevents them from getting Hedo.

bishopospurs
07-07-2009, 11:15 AM
When while in Toronto has Delfino been able to prove himself as clutch? :lol

DynastySpurs210
07-07-2009, 12:08 PM
-S_soY5Jg_Q&feature=channel_page

Bob Lanier
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
You need a good defender on the wing if you expect to be contending, and Delfino is certainly one of the better ones out there. He's also a good rebounder.

On the other hand, he's a certifiable bonehead on offense.

DAF86
07-07-2009, 03:30 PM
You need a good defender on the wing if you expect to be contending, and Delfino is certainly one of the better ones out there. He's also a good rebounder.

On the other hand, he's a certifiable bonehead on offense.

That's true. He's one of the best rebounding SG. If he can be had for the LLE, I'm in (but nothing more than that). If we use the MLE on a big (which we willl) the next positions to cover are the 2 and the 3 so he could be a good option.

mountainballer
07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
does anyone know if the Raptors still hold his rights, or did they renounce the rights to clear the cap space for the offer to JJack?
they did give Delfino a QO in mid June, I guess 2.8 million, but they might have withdrawn the offer to create the cap space for Jack?
I didn't find accurate pay roll informations that also consider Hedo's contract, but IMO they had to withdraw the QO to Delfino to be able to sign Jack to the offer sheet.
so, any news about his status? (or will he stay with Khimki? they also signed Javtokas btw.)

urunobili
07-20-2009, 11:55 AM
He is making an ape shit load of money in Russia... there is no way he goes back to the NBA on the cheap side.. and he ain't no star to do it on the expensive side...

Mel_13
07-20-2009, 11:56 AM
does anyone know if the Raptors still hold his rights, or did they renounce the rights to clear the cap space for the offer to JJack?
they did give Delfino a QO in mid June, I guess 2.8 million, but they might have withdrawn the offer to create the cap space for Jack?
I didn't find accurate pay roll informations that also consider Hedo's contract, but IMO they had to withdraw the QO to Delfino to be able to sign Jack to the offer sheet.
so, any news about his status? (or will he stay with Khimki? they also signed Javtokas btw.)

The Marion S&T that was part of the Hedo trade put the Raptors over the cap. After that deal they had access to their MLE and LLE. A portion of the MLE has been used for Jack. They did not have to renounce Delfino.

Some explanation here from after the trade:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/663861

SpurCharger
07-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Nah Id Stay Away from him..... All He Can Do Is Shoot(very Streaky)........ His defense Is awful...... He would Be like A Poor Mans Version of Michael Finley...... And Michael Finleys Defense is bad Enough......

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Russians didn't pay him the money they promised.

That's another fucking lie. And it has been proven over and over and over and over.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM
He is making an ape shit load of money in Russia... there is no way he goes back to the NBA on the cheap side.. and he ain't no star to do it on the expensive side...

Carlos demands a 2 year $10 million contract with both years guaranteed and the team signing him to pay the $500,000 buyout to Khimki. These are his demands to come back to the NBA. So it will cost $10.5 million to get him, otherwise he has already said he will stay in Khimki for 2 more years.

mountainballer
07-21-2009, 05:58 AM
The Marion S&T that was part of the Hedo trade put the Raptors over the cap. After that deal they had access to their MLE and LLE. A portion of the MLE has been used for Jack. They did not have to renounce Delfino.

Some explanation here from after the trade:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/663861

ah, thanks for the update. this explains a lot. so Delfino could also be a candidate for a S&T theoretically. it doesn't look as if he is in the Raptors plans at all, including Jack the Raptors now have plenty of guys in the back court with long term contracts and DeRozan also looked pretty nice in the SL and should become part of the rotations immediately.
(ah, no, I don't see any S&T scenario with the Spurs that would make any sense for the Raptors. except if they sacrificed the Splitter rights. this teaser would be interesting for the passport collection of Colangelo. and no, I also don't want the Spurs to think about this)

DAF86
07-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Nah Id Stay Away from him..... All He Can Do Is Shoot(very Streaky)........ His defense Is awful...... He would Be like A Poor Mans Version of Michael Finley...... And Michael Finleys Defense is bad Enough......

WTF? Delfino is a pretty good defensive player. Just ask any Pistons or Raptors fans in here.

mountainballer
07-21-2009, 07:53 AM
WTF? Delfino is a pretty good defensive player. Just ask any Pistons or Raptors fans in here.

yeah. (I don't think SpurCharger has ever seen him play, likely doesn't know who this guy is at all)
Delfino is a good defender with the potential to become a very good defender, if he did focus on that. his future in the NBA could very well be the James Posey role.
(and Posey also needed some years to realize this and transform into the defensive role player he is today)