PDA

View Full Version : Remember Luol Deng is out too.....

Tacker
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
People keeping bringing up this Bullshit that KG is out and thats why Celtics are having a hard time defeating the Bulls. Luol Deng is out for the Bulls too you know. I know KG > Luol Deng, but just Deng is just as important to the Bulls as how KG is important to the Celtics team. Luol Deng is the Bulls 2nd-3rd leading scorer.

With KG in the line up Celtics Starters > Bulls Starters, without KG Celtics starters are still > Bulls starters. This series has came down to bench play, which is why the Bulls are able to keep up with the Celtics. Having Deng or Salmons start and either comming of the bench just makes the Bulls bench even better then they really are.

Also add the fact that Salmons and Gordon are both banged up

Muser
05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
KG's replacements are Matt Bonner Senior and big baby, of course KG is missed more.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
but just Deng is just as important to the Bulls as how KG is important to the Celtics team. Luol Deng is the Bulls 2nd-3rd leading scorer.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

1) He is their 4th leading scorer behind Gordon, Salmons and Rose.

2) That first statement is one of the dumbest things ever posted on ST. Luol Deng is garbage, their record without him playing is better than their record with him.

coldsweat
05-01-2009, 11:12 AM
luol deng is NOT nearly as important to the bulls as kevin garnett is to the celtics. consider the discrepancy 1) between garnett and big baby and 2) between salmons and deng. big baby doesn't have the defensive presence, the leadership, nor the clutch scoring ability that garnett does. the discrepancy between salmons and deng is much closer, the dude is scoring 19 ppg, which is not far away from the 22 ppg that deng averaged in 06-07 postseason.

again, i'm not attempting to discredit the bulls, i'm still impressed with them for taking down a team last night that still has 3 stars (i think rondo has earned that title, despite his dirty play). but they are defeating a weaker version of this celtics team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Salmons is better than Deng. It's not even that close. Deng is a freak athlete when he's healthy who can occasionally make a jumper. Salmons actually has moves, skill, and somewhat of an IQ.

mingus
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
the Bulls have great chemistry right now with their current rotation . Deng in there might disrupt that .

the one guy i can see him replacing or rotating with in that lineup is Tyrus Thomas . i haven't seen every game of this series , or a whole game , but Tyrus has made some bad decisions and doesn't provide much offensively for the most part .

i don't know a lot about Luol's game , i haven't watched him a lot , but he shoots a pretty high percentage IIRC . in that stretch last game in the fourth where they couldn't hit the ocean , the Bulls probably could've used a guy like Deng to get a couple of easy baskets ... the Bulls have got a lot of jumpshooters (Salmons, Gordan , Hinrich, Miller) , and that's pretty much why the game when into the first overtime ... doesn't Deng have somewhat of a post game ?

Warlord23
05-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Say what you want about him, but the donut-loving Fatass has hit more clutch shots in this series alone than KG did in their entire playoff run last year.

Chicago is sealing off penetration by Rondo and Pierce and giving Davis the open J, and he's made them pay. KG would be bricking those in crunch time.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I may sound like a broken record here...but no way in hell Deng is as important to the Bulls as Garnett is to the Celtics...he is their spark, a LOT of added offense. When his jump shot is on from 17 feet, it doesn't matter what you do, it's going in. Now don't get me wrong..I'm not arguing to argue...I want the Bulls to win..I'm just a realist here..

mingus
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I may sound like a broken record here...but no way in hell Deng is as important to the Bulls as Garnett is to the Celtics...he is their spark, a LOT of added offense. When his jump shot is on from 17 feet, it doesn't matter what you do, it's going in. Now don't get me wrong..I'm not arguing to argue...I want the Bulls to win..I'm just a realist here..

yea Garnett playing would make this less of an exciting series (maybe six games) whether Deng's in there or not ...

Bulls look like a team of the future potentially , and i'm not sure if Deng even figures into it considering they look pretty damn good with out him ... i can see him being traded for a big that can score ... if the Bulls had a guy like Boozer or Millsap who could get them buckets at a rate of about 50% they'd be one hell of a team , probably a contender within the next few years ...

Findog
05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Deng is just as important to the Bulls as how KG is important to the Celtics team

Uh, no.

hater
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
you put in a healthy garnett and healthy deng and you still got a 7 game series.