PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Malik, but ...

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:00 PM
... he has a history of stepping up when other players are out injured. The times he's been called upon to start in his career, he's put up very good numbers.

2000-01
7.9 points
7.0 rebounds
1.0 blocks

2001-02
15.0 points
11.0 rebounds
2.0 blocks

2002-03
16.5 points
9.2 rebounds
.513 fg%

2003-04
14.8 points
8.1 rebounds

2004-05
19.0 points
7.0 rebounds
2.0 blocks

You'd have to be an absolute homer or a Malik Hater to say that he wouldn't be helping the team right now. It's no mistake that the team last year was able to survive without Duncan and this year they are getting smoked. Nazr Mohammed has potential, but right now is playing like Samaki Walker.

P.S.

I know T Park is going to come in and say how much I hate Mohammed. To clarify, I don't hate him. But honestly, he isn't doing much to help win games at this point.

I know AHF is going to come in and spin it and try to say Malik Rose is the worst thing since The Black Plague and that Nazr Mohammed is just a misunderstood Hakeem Olajuwon.

T Park
03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Really??

Guess I dont need to speak since you talk for us.

Thanks alot.

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I told you.

exstatic
03-23-2005, 10:04 PM
I was pissed at Nazr tonight. He got his fourth foul, and then on the offensive glass on the Spurs next posession, when he didn't get a call, he just reached out and GRABBED one of the Pacers defenders for his fifth, with WAY too much time left in the game. You don't commit an intentional foul for your fifth to make some kind of point.

Dre_7
03-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I dont hate Malik but, I thought the trade was good for us at the time. And I still think it was the right move. Now, if I woulda known Tim was gonna destroy his ankle, I might not have wanted the trade to be made. But I still think it was a good trade. Im more worried about "the ankle" then I am "the trade."

exstatic
03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Malik wouldn't have helped against the Knicks. They had Marbury on a roll, and only Timmy would have been a paint presence to deter him. He might have helped tonight, or he might have commited 5 TOs and shot 3-11 from the field. Second guessing doesn't accomplish anything.

whottt
03-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Who is second guessing? Some of us are first guessing...

exstatic
03-23-2005, 10:08 PM
I think Devin would have helped more tonight than Malik.

T Park
03-23-2005, 10:09 PM
I told you.

Really???

Amazing how thats not what I was gonna say, but, as usual, in this forum, someone thinks they are smarter than everyone else.

Once again, thanks for ASSuming for me.

SequSpur
03-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Timvp,

Lets blame the appropriate people for the fucked up roster.

For one, Rasho's sorry weak no ball havin ass, is one of the direct causes of why Malik needed to be traded for a big.

The influx of first round picks which obviously the Spurs needed to dump.

The past 2 years of revolving door point guards and shooting guards.

All of this has caused a shift in balance and the necessity to make shit happen to make up for soft, no talent weak ass players that....................

GREG POPOVICH RECRUITED AND SIGNED.

AGAIN, PUT THE BLAME ON ONE PERSON.

NO VALIDATION.

DESTRUCTION OF TWO CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS.

GREG FUCKHEAD POPOVICH.

ALSO, 2 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS RIGHT HERE IN THIS HOUSEHOLD.

AGAIN, I WILL NEVER BACK OFF THIS TOOL UNTIL HIS ASS IS GONE.

I HOPE THAT DOESN'T CAUSE A PROBLEM.

T Park
03-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Waiting on that answer short fuck.

Who would you replace pop with, or are you chicken shit and dont know shit and cant answer it.

Answer either way fuck face.

Kori Ellis
03-23-2005, 10:12 PM

:lmao You are going to have a long, angry life.

T Park
03-23-2005, 10:12 PM
DESTRUCTION OF TWO CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS

BTW, Im gonna dumb myself down and reply to this,

Who constructed the two winning teams??

Thats right thats right, Pop had nothing to do with that.

But go on nostradumbass, the 2 foot midget is always cute when hes mad and knawing on people's ankles.

Ginobilly
03-23-2005, 10:13 PM
We could of used Malik tonight big time!!! He was the only reserve big man with balls we had, even though he was only 6'5.

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:14 PM
he might have commited 5 TOs and shot 3-11 from the field.

That would make sense except for that Malik averaged 3.3 turnovers per 48 minutes on the Spurs this season, while Nazr is averaging 4.7 turnovers per 48 minutes as a Spur. Also, Nazr is shooting 39.2% as a Spur while Malik shot 46.4% while on the team.

Now tell me who is more likely to go 3-11 from the field and get 5 TOs.

SequSpur
03-23-2005, 10:15 PM
:lmao You are going to have a long, angry life.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Once Popovich takes off those knee pads under #21's locker, he might be gone.

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Timvp,

Lets blame the appropriate people for the fucked up roster.

For one, Rasho's sorry weak no ball havin ass, is one of the direct causes of why Malik needed to be traded for a big.

The influx of first round picks which obviously the Spurs needed to dump.

The past 2 years of revolving door point guards and shooting guards.

All of this has caused a shift in balance and the necessity to make shit happen to make up for soft, no talent weak ass players that....................

GREG POPOVICH RECRUITED AND SIGNED.

AGAIN, PUT THE BLAME ON ONE PERSON.

NO VALIDATION.

DESTRUCTION OF TWO CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS.

GREG FUCKHEAD POPOVICH.

ALSO, 2 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS RIGHT HERE IN THIS HOUSEHOLD.

I HOPE THAT DOESN'T CAUSE A PROBLEM.

STFU.

You were doing cartwheels when Malik was traded.

Go swing from a door stop.

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Really???

Amazing how thats not what I was gonna say, but, as usual, in this forum, someone thinks they are smarter than everyone else.

Once again, thanks for ASSuming for me.

Instead of whining, come out with a take. Explain how Nazr is helping this team more than Malik would.

Waiting.

Supreme Allah
03-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Nazr Mohammed is the most underrated player on the NBA, the man is easily capable of averaging 35 ppg and 22 rpg, but hasnt got the system down quite yet.

SequSpur
BTW, Im gonna dumb myself down and reply to this,

Who constructed the two winning teams??

Thats right thats right, Pop had nothing to do with that.

But go on nostradumbass, the 2 foot midget is always cute when hes mad and knawing on people's ankles.

Duncan and Robinson, the foundation of both teams were here prior to Popatool.

Dipshit.

T Park
Waiting Sequshit on who you would replace popovich with,

I know this is tough, but a thought out, and good answer is needed, not some of your 5 year old rantings.

Dre_7
Lololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Nazr Mohammed is the most underrated player on the NBA, the man is easily capable of averaging 35 ppg and 22 rpg, but hasnt got the system down quite yet.

I see AHF has a new screen name.

T Park
03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Duncan and Robinson

So Duncan and Robinson went out and signed players, traded for them and what not,

Pop and RC had nothin to do with that.

SequSpur
03-23-2005, 10:20 PM
STFU.

You were doing cartwheels when Malik was traded.

Go swing from a door stop.

Go back and look.

Rasho and Pop take full responsibility for Malik being sent to New York.

Check your timeline.

I only wanted Malik out of here to get a big and according to the Manu fan club, Malik was the only salary that could get a big. Where is Manu now that Timmay is gone?

Fucking nowhere with sore balls.

Manu20

:lol Come on!

Anyway I still think it was a good move to trade Malik for Nazr. Once he learns the Pop's system he will be fine.

Dre_7
I see AHF has a new screen name.

Naw, "Supreme Allah" is actually my cousin. Hes pretty extreme. I finnally got him to join the join Spurs talk, but if I woulda known he would be this crazy, I wouldnt have told him about SpursTalk.

LOL

whottt
03-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Supreme Allah...don't forget Nazr's excellent J, his shotblocking, his defensive presence, his great hands, his passing ability, and most importantly...his ability to not pick up stupid fouls...

Supreme Allah
03-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Supreme Allah...don't forget Nazr's excellent J, his shotblocking, his defensive presence, his great hands, his passing ability, and most importantly...his ability to not pick up stupid fouls...

I sense your sarcasm but Nazr Mohammed, being a 5 percenter, has a purpose in commiting all these "stupid fouls". He who laughs last. laughs the loudest

picnroll
Nazr was brought in to help contend with two players that stand in the way of the Spurs and a title, that's Yao and Shaq. Nazr has the strength to slow those two from establishing deep post postion. Malik played Miami twice in the past week and proved he can't keep Shaq from setting up deep or backing Malik down quickly. Anybody who thinks Malik can play Shaq didn't watch those two Miami - Knick games.

Now if Duncan being out turns all the other Spurs into a bunch of eunuchs confidence-wise it hardly matters who's a Spur.

T Park
Where is Manu now

playing 18 mins a game cause hes hurt,

whats your point bandwagon jumper?

Kori Ellis
03-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Nazr has the strength to slow those two from establishing deep post postion.

Where do you see any evidence of that?

whottt
03-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Nazr was brought in because of Malik's contract...and Pop said it.

whottt
03-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Where do you see any evidence of that?

Probably the same place he saw evidence of Nazr having a J.

Supreme Allah
03-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Nazr was brought in because of Malik's contract...and Pop said it.

Nazr was brought in because of his deep knowledge of the world. Pop felt the team could benefit from a man who searches for truth.

Dre_7
03-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Mike, YOU ARE RIDECULOUS!!

Supreme Allah
03-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Mike, YOU ARE RIDECULOUS!!

I told you, my name is NOT MIKE! You will call me Mohammed from here on out.

Praise Allah

timvp
03-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Nazr was brought in to help contend with two players that stand in the way of the Spurs and a title, that's Yao and Shaq. Nazr has the strength to slow those two from establishing deep post postion.

If that is why they brought him in, that was the stupidest trade in sporting history. Was the tape of Shaq dropping 33 points, 18 rebounds and three blocks in 36 minutes earlier this season on Nazr not available when the Spurs were assuming this? Nazr didn't even face Shaq in the 2003 or 2004 seasons.

Earlier this season, Yao Ming had 23 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists against Nazr. In another game, Yao had 22 points, 13 rebounds and 3 blocks against Nazr.

If that is why Nazr was brought in, I'm wondering how Pop puts out fires. I'd guess gasoline.

picnroll
03-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Didn't say Nazr has a great J. I said I looked at his shot chart and the great mjority of his shots came from 9' in. He is strong and you can see that because a lot of his offensive rebounds come from routing other bigs out. Whottt did you watch Malik play Shaq in NY? Do you really think Malik can offer significant help against Shaq or Yao?

Kori Ellis
03-23-2005, 10:38 PM
NO ONE can consistently guard Shaq or Yao. I don't know why people always bring this up. You can only guard Shaq by committee. The Spurs have always done that and will continue to do so.

They brought Nazr here for his rebounding and his offensive game around the rim. Defensively he's a nightmare right now.

whottt
03-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Against Shaq? Look at it this way...I think he can do a better job on Shaq than fucking Horry and Rasho can...and maybe even Duncan as well...Shaq has owned Duncan when Ducnan has guarded him...Malik bodies his ass and makes him work...Malik is not afraid to get physical with him.

As for Yao....fuck Yao. Yao is not the problem when we play the Rockets...freaking Tmac and Pop's desire to get into a defensive pissing contest with Van Gundy are the problems....

You want Yao off the court? Go uptempo and run him...Have Parker and Manu drive on him...it's not like he's going to hammer them like Shaq would.

And this trade doesn't help with Yao anyway...

#1.He's still a half a foot taller than any mofo on our team...

#2.We are slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooower and probably can't run with the guys we got now...other than Horry.

You overlook that Malik matches up better with guys like Amare and he manhandles the Mavericks.....Remember when we played Phoenix? Drob couldn't even get on the court because Amare was too quick for him...and that's freaking David Robinson we are talking about...the fastest C in NBA history....and Rasho and Mohammed are going to keep up with him? Malik played well against Amare...and he played well against Phoenix all season long.

In answer to your question...I think at best we stayed the same in our ability to guard Shaq(to be fair I have read that Mohammed plays Shaq very well...and the guys that told me that have been right about everything else with Mohammed)...but I think it's a lateral movement...I don't think we match up with Houston any better...and I think we match up with a team like the Suns much worse...

And this guys does not know our D....or our O...and he doesn't have Malik's post season experience, his hustle or his agressiveness, but he does seem to have everyone of Malik's flaws...including getting his shot blocked back into his fucking face 5 times a game...and Malik didn't suck in big games or the playoffs dammit...

whottt
03-23-2005, 10:59 PM
That would make sense except for that Malik averaged 3.3 turnovers per 48 minutes on the Spurs this season, while Nazr is averaging 4.7 turnovers per 48 minutes as a Spur. Also, Nazr is shooting 39.2% as a Spur while Malik shot 46.4% while on the team.

Now tell me who is more likely to go 3-11 from the field and get 5 TOs.

Yeah but Nazr is a better passer!

picnroll
03-23-2005, 11:01 PM
I went back to the game log of the Miami - NY game. Shaq and Nazr were on the floor together a total of almost 27 1/2 inutes. Shaq went 9/16 on shots and 2/4 on FT during that time. Not a bad job. You can't stop Shaq but you can't let him get easy deep post position, at least slow him down enough to get doubles in. Whottt sorry Malik can't guard Shaq.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Haha :lol
This thread is too funny

SequSpur
03-23-2005, 11:05 PM
So, thanks for reiterating my point.

Pop is a fuck up.

timvp
03-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Shaq and Nazr were on the floor together a total of almost 27 1/2 inutes. Shaq went 9/16 on shots and 2/4 on FT. Not a bad job.

Not a bad job? Thats 20 points in 27 minutes or 35.5 points per 48 minutes. If that's not bad, what is?

Spurgal
03-23-2005, 11:25 PM

A proffesional NBA player doesn't need too much time to learn the ropes...

They played Malik Rose right away In New York and he seems to be doing just fine. So, I agree with Timvp's first post. :elephant

http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/malik_300_050321.jpg
Tonights game Celtics 82 Knicks 107

Go Lik!

ducks
03-23-2005, 11:28 PM
it took kidd on full year with nets to take them to the finals
give nazr a few games
he SUCKED TONIGHT THOUGh

Spurgal
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
it took kidd on full year with nets to take them to the finals
give nazr a few games
he SUCKED TONIGHT THOUGh

Ducks,

The play-offs are just around the corner...There Is no time to be giving Nazr chance after chance. He needs to step up and play some real D!

SPARKY
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
This is precisely what happens when you make midseason trades based on saving the ownership some coin rather than on what is in the best interest of the team when it comes to playing the fucking game. Again, I'd like to reiterate a hearty fuck you to all of you dumbfucks who liked that trade because Nazr Mohammed is a couple inches taller than Malik Rose.

Lest we forget that the Spurs gave up two 1st round picks in that deal.

But it saved Holt Cat $ so that means it was good.

Fuck you.

ducks
03-23-2005, 11:35 PM
no kidding
but learning and then having a guy like duncan to guard your back makes a differnce

Rick Von Braun
03-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Against Shaq? Look at it this way...I think he can do a better job on Shaq than fucking Horry and Rasho can...and maybe even Duncan as well...Shaq has owned Duncan when Ducnan has guarded him...Malik bodies his ass and makes him work...Malik is not afraid to get physical with him.

As for Yao....fuck Yao. Yao is not the problem when we play the Rockets...freaking Tmac and Pop's desire to get into a defensive pissing contest with Van Gundy are the problems....

You want Yao off the court? Go uptempo and run him...Have Parker and Manu drive on him...it's not like he's going to hammer them like Shaq would.

And this trade doesn't help with Yao anyway...

#1.He's still a half a foot taller than any mofo on our team...

#2.We are slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooower and probably can't run with the guys we got now...other than Horry.

You overlook that Malik matches up better with guys like Amare and he manhandles the Mavericks.....Remember when we played Phoenix? Drob couldn't even get on the court because Amare was too quick for him...and that's freaking David Robinson we are talking about...the fastest C in NBA history....and Rasho and Mohammed are going to keep up with him? Malik played well against Amare...and he played well against Phoenix all season long.

In answer to your question...I think at best we stayed the same in our ability to guard Shaq(to be fair I have read that Mohammed plays Shaq very well...and the guys that told me that have been right about everything else with Mohammed)...but I think it's a lateral movement...I don't think we match up with Houston any better...and I think we match up with a team like the Suns much worse...

And this guys does not know our D....or our O...and he doesn't have Malik's post season experience, his hustle or his agressiveness, but he does seem to have everyone of Malik's flaws...including getting his shot blocked back into his fucking face 5 times a game...and Malik didn't suck in big games or the playoffs dammit...We had some interesting discussion with Whottt in the chat during the game. A couple of comments...

If you see Robert Horry stat line tonight, you might think he had a very good game. The main problem is that I think Rob is getting old. He looks awfully slow sometimes. Rasho and Nazr looked very slow as well, in fact even slower than Rob. Quickness and hustle was needed tonight, and I am sure Malik would have provided that better than any other big tonight.

Not so long ago, I posted a comment in a thread explicitly saying that missing Tim Duncan would not be a problem so much in offense, because there are several guys that can score. The main problem is that Duncan is completely irreplaceable on D. We have no interior presence whatsoever without him.

Today the Spurs shot absoultely horrid from the field (.384), and still got 93 pts. The problem was not offense (even having a bad night by several players, like tonight), the problem was the team allowing Foster to abuse them in the paint --thanks Tim for all the training and tips you gave him after several summers http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif --. We got outrebounded (+12) and outhustled badly in the paint and this is unacceptable.

Without Tim in the middle, we are very soft defensively, and this is a problem because the entire defensive system is predicated on a strong post presence. Our guards now have to double team and converge in the post more often because our post is weak. That leaves perimeter players even further open. A good team like Indy exploited this to perfection... when a guard went to double team on the paint, they rotated the ball fast and always found a guy open in the perimeter. Spurs D is predicated on funneling the opponent guards to the baseline, and a shotblocker would be waiting in the paint. Well, with TimD out, we have no shotblocking ability whatsoever, so this doesn't work anymore. The Spurs now have to change a little their defensive schemes due to different personnel.

While Malik would not have helped on the shotblocking problem, he would have at least moved his feet fast on D and hustle like crazy to get rebounds. I am pretty sure Foster does not get as many rebounds as tonight if Malik is around.

Anyway, it is futil to complain about the trade now. I am very concerned about D w/o Duncan, and IMHO there is a real problem there. It is time for Rasho, Horry, Nazr and TonyM to step up their games.

The time is now.

ducks
03-23-2005, 11:37 PM
spurs will have their hustle d with scola hopefully next year
however spurs have playoffs first

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-23-2005, 11:47 PM
get over it people malik is gone

MannyIsGod
03-23-2005, 11:50 PM
timvp, Whottt, Marcus, and Rick all have it right in this thread.

This team really pissed me off tonight, but in a way I'm glad so that Pop can reap what he sowed.

Spurgal
03-23-2005, 11:59 PM
It's okay to say that Pop Is getting what he deserves!

His so called great trade Is back firing on his ass! :devil

exstatic
03-24-2005, 12:03 AM
You people act like Malik Rose is a difference maker. He's not. He's a role player who has stepped up some in the past, but even with that huge effort against Seattle in the playoffs in '02, the Spurs still lost that game.

MannyIsGod
03-24-2005, 12:28 AM
He is a difference maker. Or did you our championship runs?

Das Texan
03-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Nazr needs to get it through his skull that when he gets committed to playing defense, he will take off in this league big time.

Malik Rose generally would give great effort. If he made a few million less he is still a Spur.

I hope Scola brings the defensive intensity next year that we are not seeing out of Nazr right now, because thats in many ways what that whole trade was about in the long run.

PM5K
03-24-2005, 01:00 AM
I see you put together his stats when he started, good job but out of curiosity what is the Spurs record when he starts for Tim Duncan?

I tend to agree with what Pop said, and that was basically that what's done is done so get the fuck over it.

Of course I know that what we do here is post messages and it's a lot more fun to post things that will get people talking so I don't have a problem with it but even if I did feel Malik should still be here I wouldn't really get into posting it.

MI21
03-24-2005, 01:01 AM
You people act like Malik Rose is a difference maker. He's not. He's a role player who has stepped up some in the past, but even with that huge effort against Seattle in the playoffs in '02, the Spurs still lost that game.

Did you even read the stats timvp posted on the first page about how Malik produces when he starts?

exstatic
03-24-2005, 01:09 AM
What are the win loss stats when he starts FOR TIM? I don't GAF about him starting along side of Tim for Dave. I did a little quick research for this year, and I believe that they are 1-1. They beat the bottom feeding Bobcats, but lost to the playoff Wiz, yes, even WITH St. Malik in the lineup.

He is a difference maker. Or did you our championship runs?

We'll have to disagree on this one. Steven Jackson was a difference maker in '03. Jarren Jackson was a difference maker in '99. Malik brought the lunch bucket. I'm not saying he didn't contribute, he just wasn't a game changer, taking the team on his back for critical stretches.

MI21
03-24-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm not saying he didn't contribute, he just wasn't a game changer, taking the team on his back for critical stretches.

Game 2 against Phoenix, 2003.

Game 2 against Dallas, 2003.

Game 5 against New Jersey, 2003.

whottt
03-24-2005, 01:17 AM
We'll have to disagree on this one. Steven Jackson was a difference maker in '03. Jarren Jackson was a difference maker in '99. Malik brought the lunch bucket. I'm not saying he didn't contribute, he just wasn't a game changer, taking the team on his back for critical stretches.

?

NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/games/20030521/DALSAS/boxscore.html)

What do you call that? Among others...

That'd be Rasho's career high...

I have no doubt that this is some form of karmic payback for our dickheadedness.

But I am pretty sure Duncan appreciated having a post partner go off for 25....since David never did it in those playoffs.

And I hope it isn't lost on you that without that monster from Malik we go down 0-2 to the Mavs on our own homecourt.

Do you feel Rasho or Mohammed are going to do that in that situation? I sure as fuck don't.

timvp
03-24-2005, 01:22 AM
How soon Malik Haters forget.

Spurs fans have been spoiled by David Robinson and Tim Duncan. They think everyone who is a power forward or center should play like one of them. They celebrate when the Spurs trade Malik Rose for a guy with the same vitals as their two blueprints.

Too bad the result has so far turned out to be ...

http://www.ticketsconcertssports.com/spurspic1201d.jpg

leemajors
03-24-2005, 01:33 AM
the trade is not blowing up in pop's face. duncan spraining his ankle is what is wrong here, folks. even with malik in the lineup they woulda won maybe one of the last 3 games? malik bricking outside shots isn't gonna raise the team fg percentage. get over it, duncan is irreplacable. if they lose 3 in a row with him in the lineup, then you have cause to worry. we're not gonna miss the playoffs, and may even get a more favorable matchup not being the #1 seed in the west. these losses are tough to take, but the future isn't entirely bleak. winning out the last month or so of the season didn't do us much good last year, so let's see if this year's finish has better things in store for us later in the playoffs?

baseline bum
03-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Robert Horry sucks. How did that scrub ever get Malik's place in the rotation?

Russ
03-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Look at the bright side -- at least we got rid of two first round draft picks! :)

ducks
03-24-2005, 10:15 AM
can we move onhttp://www.umkc.edu/is/support/pcpurchases/question%20mark.gif

OM_fever
03-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Respect former Spurs player is great and that' s what I appreciate with Spurs fan, but please when it's over it's over. Malik would have changed nothing, you only use those losts as an argument to cry about the past. Spurs remains the best team & above all the best balanced team in the league with or without Malik. With this trade, we lost now a dynamic (big) man but we gain a better rotation inside, and that's quite harder to find than someone with the package of Malik (athletism & rebounds).

We didn't trade one of our major players, only someone who had a high salary without production expected for that amount of bucks...

Hope great futur for him but now I only say: Go Nazr, Go Spurs...

Ishta
03-24-2005, 11:12 AM
This is precisely what happens when you make midseason trades based on saving the ownership some coin rather than on what is in the best interest of the team when it comes to playing the fucking game. Again, I'd like to reiterate a hearty fuck you to all of you dumbfucks who liked that trade because Nazr Mohammed is a couple inches taller than Malik Rose.

Lest we forget that the Spurs gave up two 1st round picks in that deal.

But it saved Holt Cat $ so that means it was good.

Fuck you.Pretty much says it all.. I think the trade was a mistake during the middle of the season... Sure looks like it fucked up chemistry to me

boutons
03-24-2005, 11:15 AM
"Sure looks like it fucked up chemistry to me"

and the numerous injuries have no effect? The Spurs chemsitry, expressed as toughness, hasn't been their all season. The injuries are making the softness undeniably, unavoidably evident.

Ishta
03-24-2005, 11:16 AM
How soon Malik Haters forget.

Spurs fans have been spoiled by David Robinson and Tim Duncan. They think everyone who is a power forward or center should play like one of them. They celebrate when the Spurs trade Malik Rose for a guy with the same vitals as their two blueprints.

Too bad the result has so far turned out to be ...

http://www.ticketsconcertssports.com/spurspic1201d.jpg

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ishta
03-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I never said the injuries didn't affect us..Of course they do a moron could figure that out. Malik was not the best player, however when you take a player out of the equation that has been there for 7 years who would come off the bench with fire coming out of his rear chemistry changes. Who else does this? I would love if someone else would. We need this kind of play right now so hopefully the Spurs will wake the hell up, and play the way we know they can.

Jimcs50
03-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Indy was w/o its top 3 players.

All teams have injuries.

The Spurs could not beat New Orleans the way they are playing.

They lost 3 games and were down by double digits against teams that have not played very well this year. Detroit lost two straight since beating SA.

OM_fever
03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Do you mean that with Malik it would have been different? Please try to be honest, he is a good player but injuries hurt more Spurs because of their standings (sure to be in playoff) & the recent injuries. Do you think Manu & Parker would have the same production 100% healthy? And we're not Indy, don't have so many players that are not only role player: Miller + Jackson. And Jackson doesn't have 70 games behind him this year!

Ishta
03-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Do you mean that with Malik it would have been different? Please try to be honest, he is a good player but injuries hurt more Spurs because of their standings (sure to be in playoff) & the recent injuries. Do you think Manu & Parker would have the same production 100% healthy? And we're not Indy, don't have so many players that are not only role player: Miller + Jackson. And Jackson doesn't have 70 games behind him this year!

With Malik here, it COULD be different... I know I know he's not coming back blah blah blah, but his willingness to give his all is what we are missing right now. The injuries have seriously hurt us, but Malik would and did step up for us. I just hope Nazr gets a clue real quick. Or anybody else for that matter. They need a wakeup call I hope they got it last night.

OM_fever
03-24-2005, 11:55 AM
I really hope too, but as you said, it only COULD, no one knows in reality. So please don't tell it's or not different (not you Ishta, I like your COULD), that's it and no more. We 've know to wait until everybody is healthy and feel confortable before playoff. Only which to keep seed #2...