PDA

View Full Version : Does Rondo or Hinrich get suspended for game 7??

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/218kuf.gif

Personally, I'd rather not see either get suspended, but what do you guys think?

monosylab1k
05-01-2009, 11:49 AM
At this point Rondo could walk up and down the court with a can of Mace, spraying Bulls players in the face, and he won't get suspended.

monosylab1k
05-01-2009, 11:50 AM
btw it's kinda funny how Hinrich started off like he wanted to fight, but conveniently kept himself directly behind the ref the entire time.

Findog
05-01-2009, 11:54 AM
How the fuck is that not an F2? Does that look like he's trying to make a play on the ball? I mean, Jerry Stackhouse had to sit a game for a hard foul. Rondo is flinging guys into the scorer's table. Didn't Horry get 2 games for that?

monosylab1k
05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
How the fuck is that not an F2? Does that look like he's trying to make a play on the ball? I mean, Jerry Stackhouse had to sit a game for a hard foul. Rondo is flinging guys into the scorer's table. Didn't Horry get 2 games for that?

Rondo is a little guy and for whatever reason they can get away with it. If Erick Dampier did that he'd have gotten 2 games easily. If Brad Miller had smacked Rondo in the face with no intention of going for the ball, it would have been a F2.

Kriz-Maxima
05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I think that by now Rondo knows he can get away with pretty much anything.

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 11:56 AM
As much of a douche move as that was by Rondo, and as much as he should be suspended, I kinda hope he isn't. This series has been too good to be marred by suspensions. Just as a fan, I want to see a Game Seven between teams that are as close as possible to full-strength.

DDS4

The NBA. It's fantastic!

LnGrrrR
If Celtics had won game 6, Rondo would have been suspended for the first game of the next round.

Since Bulls won game 6, no, he won't be suspended.

IronMexican
I kind of don't want him to get suspended, cause it would take away from this great series. He does deserve it though.

stretch
05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
As much of a douche move as that was by Rondo, and as much as he should be suspended, I kinda hope he isn't. This series has been too good to be marred by suspensions. Just as a fan, I want to see a Game Seven between teams that are as close as possible to full-strength.

:tu agreed completely

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
At this point Rondo could walk up and down the court with a can of Mace, spraying Bulls players in the face, and he won't get suspended.

Red Hawk #21
05-01-2009, 12:01 PM

/thread

pauls931
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
I want the next game to go 4 OTs, then end with final shot of Garnet's expression when the bulls pull off the miracle win.

JamStone
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
btw it's kinda funny how Hinrich started off like he wanted to fight, but conveniently kept himself directly behind the ref the entire time.

Fake Tough Guy Course 101.

Get a tough looking shove in, back off a bit, jump up and down in a boxing stance, and make sure someone stays in between you and the person you just shoved.

KG aced this course.

JamStone
05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I differ with most of you here though. I don't think it warrants a suspension for either player. Players get tangled up in a box out situation all the time. They were both grabbing and pulling on each other. The last pull by Rondo that dragged Hinrich to the scorer's table looked worse than it actually was. Then Hinrich tried to play tough guy. If you look at the Rondo's play in the entire series in the aggregate, then you might consider this a final straw kind of thing. But, if this was the only isolated incident Rondo was involved in, I don't think you would feel he deserves a suspension.

But Rondo is pretty fucking stupid to keep getting involved in incidents with Bulls players like this. He really needs to check himself. He's been the Cetlics best players of the series. Why risk anything when your team is already short-handed? It's stupid.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 12:19 PM
at this point rondo could walk up and down the court with a can of mace, spraying bulls players in the face, and he won't get suspended.

+2

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Everytime the Celts have won, Garnett gets that constipated look on his face...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fbX4FZ516h0j/610x.jpg

Chris Fall
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Sons Hinrich flopped. SMH what a fucking flopper. That's shameful.

hater
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
am i missing something? WHy would Rondo get suspended,for pulling on hinrich's arm? so what? what kind of sissy league is this?

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Rondo absolutely should have been ejected for that crap, but no way do I want to see either player miss game 7. Let the players decide the greatest playoff series in NBA history.

BUMP
05-01-2009, 01:04 PM
:lmao
I don't understand why announcers always harp on the fact 'oh this player's tough, he won't back down from anybody'

Nobody in basketball is tough, that's why they're playing basketball and not football or mma or something else that you could get hurt in.

I was never scared when I got on the court with refs, why would I be? Nobody's gonna start a fight, people will pull away or the refs will get in the way first, thats just how it is. Basketball players who try and start fights are even more pussy than the ones that aren't because they know nothing will break out, no NBA player's that stupid.

I always laugh when I see the tough guys who 'stand up' to the 'big bullies' of the NBA. NBA "fights" are the biggest joke in professional sports and everyone knows it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
^I agree there.

I remember when Barkley was talking about the one time he threw the ball at Shaq's head, "See, I wanted to piss Shaq off, and I also know shaq could kick my ass but the refs would get in the way before he'd be able to do anything."

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
^I agree there.

I remember when Barkley was talking about the one time he threw the ball at Shaq's head, "See, I wanted to piss Shaq off, and I also know shaq could kick my ass but the refs would get in the way before he'd be able to do anything."

I can't believe Barkley said that. I would pick Charles if those two ever fought. I still remember Shaq being scared to go after Oakley in game in Chicago back in 2000, and deciding to sucker-punch Brad Miller in the back of the head instead even though Oakley was the one beating the hell out of him on the floor all game. It was obvious Shaq wanted no part of Oak.

LnGrrrR
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I always laugh when I see the tough guys who 'stand up' to the 'big bullies' of the NBA. NBA "fights" are the biggest joke in professional sports and everyone knows it.

Kermit Washington might disagree with you. :ihit

dirk4mvp
05-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Sons if they ever had a tournament to determine the best fighter in the nba, K-mart would walk away with the title without a scratch.

JamStone
05-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't understand why announcers always harp on the fact 'oh this player's tough, he won't back down from anybody'

Nobody in basketball is tough, that's why they're playing basketball and not football or mma or something else that you could get hurt in.

I was never scared when I got on the court with refs, why would I be? Nobody's gonna start a fight, people will pull away or the refs will get in the way first, thats just how it is. Basketball players who try and start fights are even more pussy than the ones that aren't because they know nothing will break out, no NBA player's that stupid.

Rudy Tomjonavich asks you, "what if the officials and teammates aren't quick enough to stop one punch?"

Ron Artest adds, "you want to take this outside?"

BUMP
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Rudy Tomjonavich asks you, "what if the officials and teammates aren't quick enough to stop one punch?"

Ron Artest adds, "you want to take this outside?"

1 Rudy Tomjonavich is a COMPLETE pussy

2 Ron Artest got suspended for a year and that wasn't a real fight anyway. Was it worth it?

When I said NBA players aren't that dumb, I wasn't including the biggest bonehead basketball has ever seen, the same guy who thinks Brandon Roy is the best player in the NBA.

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
NBA "fights" are the biggest joke in professional sports and everyone knows it.

Five words: bench-clearing brawls in baseball.

BUMP
05-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Five words: bench-clearing brawls in baseball.

Don Zimmer is tougher than all NBA players combined

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
We all know who the best fighter in the NBA would be if Lebron is allowed to use his crab claws.

JamStone
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
1. Uh, it's more about Kermit Washington being tough than Rudy Tomjonavich being a pussy.

2. All it takes is one psychotic to do something crazy for something stupid to happen. Just one.

I'm not saying NBA players in general are tough. But, there are some crazy ones out there. Kenyon Martin is a punk but he'd knock someone out. Nate Robinson would throw down. Stephen Jackson will draw his piece. Rasheed's crazy ass will fight the referee. There are probably a few dozens guys in the league that would really throw down if it came to that. Sure, there are a lot more pussies than real tough guys in the NBA. But, like I said, it only takes one crazy MFer to get shit started. And, sometimes it only takes one punch to get one of those "pussies" in critical condition.

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Don Zimmer is tougher than all NBA players combined

Only because he has a plate in his head.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Amare is by far the biggest pussy in the NBA as far as this goes, it's not even a close call. Dude would get his ass whooped by any other starting PF in the NBA.

DPG21920
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Is it any surprise that a guy who roots for the Mavs thinks that all basketball players are sissy cuckolds? They are a finesse team and have not one tough bone in their bodies.

dirk4mvp
05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Is it any surprise that a guy who roots for the Mavs thinks that all basketball players are sissy cuckolds? They are a finesse team and have not one tough bone in their bodies.

This statement does bode well for the Spurs and how soft they actually are.

BUMP
05-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Sons, my research I have gathered and shared with you is not on my analysis of the Dallas Mavericks but the entire game in general. Do you think I follow basketball only when the Mavericks are on?

God bless, you ninny cuckold. And yes basketball players are sissies.

Spurlady
05-01-2009, 06:57 PM
If the NBA was consistent, Rondo would be suspended, but they aren't and he probably won't be. His foul was as bad as Horry's and Horry got a 2 game suspension. More than anything the inconsistency in treatment is what ticks me off the most. I don't care if is a big guy or a small guy, both should get suspended if they foul in that manner.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
This statement does bode well for the Spurs and how soft they actually are.
lmao at Mavs fan who talks about how dirty the Spurs are and then says they're soft.

dirk4mvp
05-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I bet you thought that was a burn when you typed it.

peskypesky
05-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Last year, it was Garnett who should have been suspended but wasn't (series with Hawks). This year it's Rondo who should be suspended. But Stern wants the Celtics to go as far as possible, so they're allowed to do whatever the hell they want. It's utter bullshit.