PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball

I. Hustle
05-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Just out of curiosity does anyone here play league volleyball? I had never played before until some friends talked me into it by telling me that they served beer and we could just hang out. It’s been a couple of years now and I’ve been playing at Time Warner Sports Park (used to be Ancira). I was just wondering if anyone else played there.

SpursWoman
05-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I have ... when it used to be La Quinta Park. :nerd

FaithInOne
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
One of the best spectator sports in the world :toast

to21
05-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I miss the dodge ball leagues they used to have.

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I used to play but now I'm too fat to even get off the lawn chair.

I. Hustle
05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
With all the talk about GTG's and stuff around here I could get all the info if there was ever a ST team.

AlamoSpursFan
05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I have ... when it used to be La Quinta Park. :nerd

I wonder how many times I stood behind SW in the concession line with my empty beer pitcher waiting for a refill...

:lol

I used to play on v-ball leagues all the freaking time at La Quinta.

They also used to have AVP Tournaments out there. I sat and drank beer and had a good old fashioned political throw down with Karch Kiraly and Kent Steffes one year. Karch took the left wing side, but something tells me he was just doing it to rile up Kent. Good times, great oldies...

angel_luv
05-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I miss the dodge ball leagues they used to have.

I love dodge ball!

AFBlue
05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Played just yesterday as a matter of fact...but I'm not in SA. I forgot how fun it could be, because it's been a while.

The only league sports I do are softball or flag football though.

UltimA
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I miss the dodge ball leagues they used to have.I've always liked dodge ball, I wish it was more popular.

I. Hustle
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
so I guess that's no? No Spurstalk team then huh?

Blake
05-04-2009, 01:12 PM
so I guess that's no? No Spurstalk team then huh?

funny, I used to play league vball all the time until I kinda got burned out.

if there is a guaranteed decent setter, and you let me start front left, I'll play. :lol

Blake
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
hell, if you can guarantee a decent setter, I'll buy the first nights round o' beers.

AlamoSpursFan
05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I could usually set a half-way decent ball during our first game...after that, and a few beersh...all bets are off.

:lol

AlamoSpursFan
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I was never very good overall, but for some reason I was very good on the defensive side of the joust at the net. I could always time my jump perfectly when the other guy was going to spike the ball and stuff it right back in his face. Again, before several beers, of course...

I. Hustle
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Nah I hate being real competitive. I go for the beer and fun. I play rec league for now and hope that they don't bump us up to the next level.

I hate the people that get all upset and throw a fit when we are down by a few points or if someone didn't set it right. I always tell my team if you can just get it over the net then we are cool.

I just like the to move for the ball and go after it because we all know that I HUSTLE

Blake
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I hate the people that get all upset and throw a fit when we are down by a few points or if someone didn't set it right. I always tell my team if you can just get it over the net then we are cool.

I throw a fit when I am on the front row and some idiot on my team simply bumps it back over the net instead of setting me up for a kill.

if I'd never had learned how to properly play competitive vball, I might take you up........but sorry man...... I'd rather play bouncy ball with my daughter in the driveway than pay to play jungle ball in a beginner rec league.

I. Hustle
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I throw a fit when I am on the front row and some idiot on my team simply bumps it back over the net instead of setting me up for a kill.

if I'd never had learned how to properly play competitive vball, I might take you up........but sorry man...... I'd rather play bouncy ball with my daughter in the driveway than pay to play jungle ball in a beginner rec league.

lol That's cool if that's your deal. I am paying them to play it's not like Nike or Banana Boat is knocking on my door to sign me. If that were the case then maybe I would play like that. Don't get it twisted I play to win but at the same time I realize that the AVP isn't watching. You can pretend to be Dalhauser if you want to.

Blake
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
lol That's cool if that's your deal. I am paying them to play it's not like Nike or Banana Boat is knocking on my door to sign me. If that were the case then maybe I would play like that. Don't get it twisted I play to win but at the same time I realize that the AVP isn't watching. You can pretend to be Dalhauser if you want to.

:lol I can't pretend to be Dalhauser if nobody can pass me the ball correctly.