PDA

View Full Version : Wonder why I'm crazy. Meet my mom. Enjoy a long read.

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Ongoing e-mail with my crazy mom. This will get worse before it gets better.

Mom: I found out today that there was a curse put on me and may be affecting the family so I had it removed today....I know you think this is ridiculous but I suspected that one of the reasons things are always so hard for us is because of something in the past. Many times when there is a curse then it is passed on so sorry but I am trying to clear the path for everyone. If you don't understand then I think Lisa will. I promise I'm not loosing it. I have done a lot of studies and many of the things I have studied are based on scientific fact.

Me: I hope you realize that the curse thing is a scam to get you to pay to have it removed. I do buy into quite a bit of the supernatural but curses are all in the mind. Its simple verbal manipulation. I hope you didn't pay more than 20 bucks to have it removed. I'm just going to go ahead and call you a moron right up front here.

Mom: Honey don't you worry your pretty little head about anything. I trade with her and she's cool. If you want to think it's a scam then you can but if you know anything about history you know that people did curses. You don't have to believe anything but knowledge is power.

Me: I do believe its a scam and it would help if you didn't quote a fat black rapper. If it wasn't a scam then wouldn't I be much better off right now? Also I'd like to know who allegedly put the curse there. Of course shit like this has been around for thousands of years...its a ruse.

Here's a short read.

One of the easiest and ugliest of scams perpetrated by so-called fortune-tellers and psychics is the promise to change your luck by removing a curse, a jinx or "the negativity from your aura". These psychic vampires prey on our fears and drain our energy in more ways than one.We published our first warnings several years ago in the hopes that it would prevent others from wasting their money. Still, this is such a common way of preying of people's fears that we continue to receive calls and letters (in the first 4 months of 2004 alone, more than 100) from clients who have been frightened by threats of a curse and want assurance that they should not pay the money requested to remove it.... in all cases we respond with this information:

You cannot remove a curse by paying money to anyone......

Mom: It's not like the article at all. It has to do with synchronicities and past lives but sweetie I don't expect you to believe in this. It is part of soul retrieval and an ancient native American practice.

Me: I can't possibly roll my eyes any harder. You still haven't told me who put the curse on us.

Mom: It was in a past life but honey don't worry about it. You are very black and white and you don't understand mystical things so don't worry.

Me: I'm hardly black and white. Instead of insulting my intelligence why not take some of those writing skills and explain all this to me. I'll start with some simple questions.

1. What do you offer as proof? Is this like Jesus....its all based on blind belief or do you actually have something substantial to back up your findings.

2. See question 1.

Mom: O.k. I wasn't insulting...that's why I hate e-mail sometimes since things get so mis-construed.

This life we are living is not our only life. A soul comes back sometimes many times to learn lessons. That is why we get deja-vu. If you know anything about quantum physics and quantum mechanics you might understand how things work and time is somewhat of an illusion. Most people think things are one-dimensional but there are actually many dimensions going on at once. We sometimes have so much mind clutter that we don't explore how intuitive we can be. Our minds can do a lot more than we give them credit for.

This isn't about religion...it's about the cosmic universe and our energy. If you read into it you can see that a lot of things are based on science. I know my parents would freak since these ideas are not based on the Catholic Church but religions are man made. There have been many "holy people" in lifetimes and Jesus was one of them. So I am not discounting him but I have done lots of readings on quantum things since I find it interesting.

If you know history repeats itself then you can see the patterns in past cultures...i.e. the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, Babylon, Atlantis etc. We are going through a major shift right now also

Me: The problem here is that you're failing to provide tangible proof of these claims. They're simply wished out of the air. I'll buy plenty of conspiracies. CIA killed JFK. Roswell was military testing. 9/11 was an inside job. Because there is enough doubt along with actual fact to support it. You say the soul is reborn with just as much credibility as I say humans are really an alien race. No substance. Thats not black and white its deduction using common sense. I think you're so desperate for answers that your head is easily filled with mumbo jumbo to compensate for a void.

Awful lot of additional scientific studies on deja vu

Sigmund Freud, the developer of psychoanalysis, proposed that déjà vu happens when a person is spontaneously reminded of an unconscious fantasy. Because it is unconscious, the content of the fantasy is blocked from awareness, but the sense of familiarity leaks through and results in the déjà vu experience.

More recently déjà vu has been explained in terms of information processing. For instance, Herman Sno, one of the world's leading experts on the topic, has proposed that memories are stored in a format that is similar to that used to store holographic images. Most people think about holography as a way of creating cool 3D images and as an excuse to play with laser beams. But the aspect of holography that is central to Sno's thesis is how holograms store information. In particular, Sno points out that unlike traditional photography, each section of a hologram contains all the information needed to produce the entire picture. The smaller the section one uses, however, the less precise (and fuzzier) the resultant image becomes. According to Sno, human memory works in an analogous way. Déjà vu experiences occur when one¿s current situation spuriously matches one of these fuzzy images of a past event. It's rather like convincing yourself that you recognize the person in a blurry security camera picture.

As much as 70 percent of the population reports having experienced some form of déjà vu. A higher number of incidents occurs in people 15 to 25 years old than in any other age group.

Déjà vu has been firmly associated with temporal-lobe epilepsy. Reportedly, déjà vu can occur just prior to a temporal-lobe epileptic attack. People suffering an epileptic seizure of this kind can experience déjà vu during the actual seizure activity or in the moments between convulsions.

Since déjà vu occurs in individuals with and without a medical condition, there is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjà vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past.

to21
05-01-2009, 02:42 PM
:lol

My Moms believes in all that curse shit also.

Of course, to her it's not shit.

FortuneCookie
05-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth.

Lucky Numbers: 9, 15, 19, 22, 32, 47 54

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth.

Lucky Numbers: 9, 15, 19, 22, 32, 47 54I'm going to drop that on her right now. And those lucky numbers.

mrsmaalox
05-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I like your mom! :)

Sigmund Freud
05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Reading this thread gives me Déjà vu.

Summers
05-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Some lady in the cafeteria told me last week that if I pluck a hair from my son and stick it in the side of a barn, his asthma will go away.

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I might be getting owned here. I'm gonna have to come back with something sarcastic and witty.

Mom: The beauty of this world is you can have your opinion and I can have mine.

I like clarity and to be doing what I am supposed to be doing and you are not sure of what your path is.

When you do what you are here for then you are happy.

But c'est la vie...I still love you and I feel good about who I am.

ashbeeigh
05-01-2009, 03:14 PM
:lmao You are your mother's child.

But seriously about deja vu and epilepsy..I have it frequently and then get super bad headaches and then get dizzy afterwards. But then again, I am taking medicine for seizures.

Curses though, who the fuck knows.

I. Hustle
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
i might be getting owned here. I'm gonna have to come back with something sarcastic and witty.

mom: the beauty of this world is you can have your opinion and i can have mine.

I like clarity and to be doing what i am supposed to be doing and you are not sure of what your path is.

When you do what you are here for then you are happy.

But c'est la vie...i still love you and i feel good about who i am.

burn!

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 03:26 PM
almost everyone has crazy mom

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 03:32 PM
burn!I'm dropping the fortune cookie line on her.

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
You should be proud; your mother understands quantum mechanics is the strangest fucking thing humans have ever run across.

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 04:15 PM
also, you should be thankful your mother is at least somewhat intelligent

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
You should be proud; your mother understands quantum mechanics is the strangest fucking thing humans have ever run across.She's talking out her ass. She doesn't understand quantum mechanics anymore than Blake has common sense.

She buys into this garbage because she lost her faith in god/jesus/religion and to fill the void she buys into all this afterlife BS. She's incapable, like most people, of simply living to live. She needs reason and purpose. The void for her must be filled one way or the other.

Its crap.

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
it's a path, at least she let go of the 'other' belief

she'll get away from this one too. she isn't hopeless like some other people who never leave that 'other' belief

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM

she'll get away from this one too. she isn't hopeless like some other people who never leave that 'other' beliefFair enough.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
:cooldevil

That weak ass bitch didn't have shit on me. I deflected that pansy ass counter curse and doubled down on the original. Don't be surprised if a dick starts growing out of the middle of your forehead.

:cooldevil:lol:cooldevil

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Lol!!!!

JoeChalupa
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM

she'll get away from this one too. she isn't hopeless like some other people who never leave that 'other' belief

We all have our own beliefs like your belief that one woman is hotter than another and you have difficulty acknowledging that someone simply has a different opinion than yours. I don't consider those who do believe as hopeless though any more than I consider those who don't believe as hopeless.
Damnit, there I go again.

JoeChalupa
05-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Did someone give you ojo?

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Did someone give you ojo?Like a million people :rolleyes

JoeChalupa
05-01-2009, 04:43 PM
:lmao

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
We all have our own beliefs like your belief that one woman is hotter than another and you have difficulty acknowledging that someone simply has a different opinion than yours. I don't consider those who do believe as hopeless though any more than I consider those who don't believe as hopeless.
Damnit, there I go again.

Your belief has been proven to be a creation of man, yet you still claim it as fact.

If you were the only one, or a part of a very small minority, then you would be harmless and I would pat you on the head and not say anything.

However, you are part of a large majority. A large manipulated population. You were lied to and taught this in school, you were raised with these beliefs. Consequently, this large population has to live on Earth with me, and thus I am subjected to people who :

1) make decisions based on it

2) live their lives based on it

3) criticize and judge others based on it

4) deflect human achievements and failures as works of "God and Devils"

5) stunt the growth of human minds for they are satisfied with the "Bible"

6) stunt human progress because many people who could have instead become scientists, researchers, etc... get sucked into religion. Only certain amounts of people grow out of it. Many do not.

etc.......

Religion is a bronze age way belief system. It's a plague on modern society.

LnGrrrR
05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
My mom believes in Reiki (or however you spell it) and does some over the phone long-distance for me. *rolling eyes*

She knows I think it's goofy, but she loves me so she does it anyways, and I thank her for it lol.

BacktoBasics
05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
I bet I could start a thread about Frisbee golf and MH could do his thing and make it about religion. Its a fucking gift and I for one, embrace it.

LnGrrrR
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I bet I could start a thread about Frisbee golf and MH could do his thing and make it about religion. Its a fucking gift and I for one, embrace it.

:rollin

J.T.
05-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Your mom sounds like my friend who has probably eaten ten times the amount of LSD that I have (and I've eaten a metric fuckton of that shit). I'll be smoking weed with him and he'll bust out the laptop and start showing me these ridiculous recorded lectures on YouTube about other dimensions than ours that have been scientifically confirmed, how in 200,000 years we will have found a way to make Mars inhabitable for human life and execute a mass migration of humans from Earth to Mars, and a bunch of other crazy shit that happens when you take drugs and try to make a fruit salad out of politics, religion, science and academia.

E20
05-01-2009, 05:08 PM
How much did your mother have an on influence on you in regards to N'sync.

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Your mom sounds like my friend who has probably eaten ten times the amount of LSD that I have (and I've eaten a metric fuckton of that shit). I'll be smoking weed with him and he'll bust out the laptop and start showing me these ridiculous recorded lectures on YouTube about other dimensions than ours that have been scientifically confirmed, how in 200,000 years we will have found a way to make Mars inhabitable for human life and execute a mass migration of humans from Earth to Mars, and a bunch of other crazy shit that happens when you take drugs and try to make a fruit salad out of politics, religion, science and academia.

Do you feel less happy than you used to when doing activities? LSD ruins your dopamine functionality if you use it enough

J.T.
05-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you feel less happy than you used to when doing activities?

No. Not that I can tell anyway.

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 06:39 PM
She's talking out her ass. She doesn't understand quantum mechanics anymore than Blake has common sense.

She buys into this garbage because she lost her faith in god/jesus/religion and to fill the void she buys into all this afterlife BS. She's incapable, like most people, of simply living to live. She needs reason and purpose. The void for her must be filled one way or the other.

Its crap.

I was joking but still, I don't think anyone in this world understands quantum mechanics.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-01-2009, 10:51 PM
almost everyone has crazy mom

So true :toast

peewee's lovechild
05-02-2009, 02:42 AM
You're mom is batshit crazy.

Oh, and Freud has been largely discredited.

desflood
05-02-2009, 08:36 AM
:lmao You are your mother's child.
:lol

That was my first thought as well.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 09:01 AM
PA-lease. We are nothing alike.

Summers
05-02-2009, 09:52 AM
How much did your mother have an on influence on you in regards to N'sync.

What? Is B2B Buddy Holly??

Mike Litoris
05-02-2009, 11:05 AM
You're mom is batshit crazy.

Oh, and Freud has been largely discredited.

Sometimes a bean is just a bean.

Mike Litoris
05-02-2009, 11:28 AM
You cannot remove a curse by paying money to anyone......

Mom: It's not like the article at all. It has to do with synchronicities and past lives but sweetie I don't expect you to believe in this. It is part of soul retrieval and an ancient native American practice.

Me: I can't possibly roll my eyes any harder. You still haven't told me who put the curse on us.

Mom: It was in a past life but honey don't worry about it. You are very black and white and you don't understand mystical things so don't worry.

That sounds just like my mom.

Maybe you should point out to her that there are more human beings alive today than have EVER lived. It is statistically impossible for everybody to have multiple past lives.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 11:35 AM
That sounds just like my mom.

Maybe you should point out to her that there are more human beings alive today than have EVER lived. It is statistically impossible for everybody to have multiple past lives.
You're like a Genie. If I rub you harder it gets more interesting.

E20
05-02-2009, 01:41 PM
What? Is B2B Buddy Holly??

Wow, my bad B2B. I thought you were Bishop Ryan AKA Buddy Holly

For some reason I mixed up Buddy Holly and B2B. LMAO sorry

Summers
05-02-2009, 02:08 PM

So, next time B2B goes on a rant about something, I can't tell him to put on a ballad in 5-part harmony and chill? Damn!

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 02:18 PM

I'm not Buddy Holly, never was. I was BishopRyan when I first registered here years ago. I don't know how you got Bishop and Buddy Holly mixed together.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2009, 02:23 PM

:lmao

Well, B2B is Bishop Ryan. But Bishop Ryan isn't Buddy Holly

E20
05-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh okay daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn.............. .....

So let me rephrase the question:

So how did your mother influence in you in regards to penis size contests?

Did I get the question right?

BacktoBasics
05-02-2009, 02:46 PM
yuck

phyzik
05-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Your moms e-mail reads like an Angel_Luv post in a religios thread except its about reincarnation instead of Christianity. :lol