PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Revue Is No More

Spurs Brazil
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Utah Jazz president Randy Rigby announced today that the 2009 Rocky Mountain Revue has been canceled. The team will reevaluate the viability of the event for the summer of 2010. The Jazz will be fielding a team at the Orlando Pro Summer League held at the RDV Sportsplex July 6-10. “Since the NBA began its own summer league in Las Vegas, we have slowly been losing participation in our event. The few teams that played in both Utah and Vegas, have now decided to forgo the Rocky Mountain Revue and only attend Vegas for budgetary reasons,” said Rigby. “We want to thank our fans for the support they have shown the Rocky Mountain Revue over the years and we look forward to finding other ways to connect with them this summer.”

Via Press Release

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58905/20090501/rocky_mountain_revue_is_no_more/

timvp
05-01-2009, 03:08 PM
:depressed:depressed RMR was awesome to go to.

ChumpDumper
05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
As much as I like Vegas, it has to be a zoo compared to leagues like the RMR and Orlando. The latter must be much better for focusing on the basketball.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Interesting. So how close is Stern to realizing his dream of placing a franchise in Vegas?

ChumpDumper
05-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I haven't checked on the Las Vegas arena situation lately. Last I read the downtown arena was dead and the one that was to be built behind Paris/Bally's was looking for more backers.

Spurs Brazil
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Any chance of the Spurs also play in the Orlando league?

ChumpDumper
05-01-2009, 03:31 PM
The dates will work out fine if they want to do both Orlando and Vegas.

EricB
05-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Not suprising. The attendence and participation in that summer league had been going down.

GO BACK TO LONG BEACH! I wanna see the prospects again! :lol

lurker23
05-01-2009, 06:34 PM
:depressed:depressed

lurker23
05-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry folks, no in-person reports this year. Doubt I'll get a chance to get down to Vegas.

Russ
05-01-2009, 07:51 PM
GO BACK TO LONG BEACH! I wanna see the prospects again! :lol

The Pyramid!

balli
05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Sucks ass. I live in SLC and I absolutely love(d) going to RMR games every year. Especially when I was in college, followed ball more and could go every single day. Everything about it ruled, from lounging in the stands durng the non-jazz games, to scrapping for seats when Utah played, to smoking weed in my/friend's cars in the parking lot between games, to the badass BBQ they had outside, to all the awesome players (hyped and unhyped) I've seen come through over the years, to the fact that I got to see live pro style ball in the middle of each summer... man, yeah... this sucks ass.

They say they'll try to bring it back, but I doubt it happens. Writings been on the wall for a few years now, even before the economy collapsed. Screw Vegas. These guys going to party or to make a team? Besides the fact that stands are always empty as hell down there, they don't have enough in Vegas that they gotta steal SLC's thunder? Fuck this BS.