PDA

View Full Version : No Additional Penalty For Rondo For Skirmish

duncan228
05-01-2009, 05:50 PM
No additional penalty for Rondo for skirmish (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-rondo&prov=ap&type=lgns)

The NBA has decided not to take any additional action against Rajon Rondo for his skirmish with Kirk Hinrich in Game 6.

The league said Friday the first-quarter play would stand as a flagrant foul against Rondo. It could have upgraded the foul or even suspended the Celtics’ point guard for Game 7 of the series Saturday.

Chicago was leading 34-25 Thursday when Derrick Rose rebounded a missed 3-pointer by Boston’s Stephon Marbury with 30 seconds left. That’s when Rondo shoved Hinrich into the scorer’s table. Hinrich pushed him back and Rondo then threw an elbow that missed.

The league previously declined to further penalize Rondo for his foul on Brad Miller in the closing seconds of Game 5.

ronni 21
05-01-2009, 05:54 PM
that shame

Allanon
05-01-2009, 05:56 PM
If you look at it based on all 3 Rondo incidents, then Rondo should be suspended.

But separately, the only one that warranted a possible suspension was the foul on Brad Miller.

There really isn't any suspension rule for throwing players out of bounds like Rondo did to Hinrich.

Spur-Addict
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
If you look at it based on all 3 Rondo incidents, then Rondo should be suspended.

But separately, the only one that warranted a possible suspension was the foul on Brad Miller.

There really isn't any suspension rule for throwing players out of bounds like Rondo did to Hinrich.

In my opinion, precedent isn't always necessary in order to take action. I agree with the rest though.

Shank
05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Simply shocking.

KSeal
05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Of course Rondo isn't going to get suspended. He punched a guy in the face the other day and the league didn't even upgrade it to a flagrant. It seems Rondo can do basically whatever he wants out there and he'll never get punished.

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 06:25 PM
The NBA wants everyone and his momma watching game 7; no way Rondo was going anywhere.

JamStone
05-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I think it's the right call.

The NBA fucked up when they didn't suspend him for his foul on Brad Miller.

This time, they got it right. Just because they messed up with the decision to not suspend on the Brad Miller foul, it doesn't mean they should make up for it now with another wrong decision.

The Rondo drag by the arm was no big deal. People getting huffy and puffy like Hinrich tried to do.

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Simply shocking.

I'm not shocked. Or was that sarcasm?

JamStone
05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Mark Madsen is quite witty, sometimes his sarcasm goes over people's heads.

balli
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I, like everyone, want a good, fair game 7... so I didn't want a suspension. But next year or next series I hope players start gunning for Rondo over the way he's been acting like a punk bitch as of late. He deserves to get his ass knocked the fuck down as hard as possible. I guess only Chicago should retaliate, but next year, I'd like to see Miller or someone flatten him with a illegal screen or elbow or something.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I, like everyone, want a good, fair game 7... so I didn't want a suspension. But next year or next series I hope players start gunning for Rondo over the way he's been acting like a punk bitch as of late. He deserves to get his ass knocked the fuck down as hard as possible. I guess only Chicago should retaliate, but next year, I'd like to see Miller or someone flatten him with a illegal screen or elbow or something.
Yeah..but if someone flattens him, they'll be thrown out of the game. The NBA is babying Rondo right now..they want Boston and LA or Cleveland and LA in the Finals...and losing one of those 3 teams in the first round doesn't bode well for them. Truth is, he should have been suspended for the Miller foul, and DEFINITELY for throwing Kirk into the scorers table and the elbow..but I didn't expect them to...NBA...
Nothing
But Con
Artists

Chomag
05-01-2009, 07:22 PM
First play in game 7 a bull's player should flatten that punk Rondo out on a screen. OF course when the bulls do this the Bull's player would be thrown out of the game with a huge fine and suspension.

Funny how that works right?

sook
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
this is a travesty, thnx for posting duncan228

Lady M
05-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I think Boston will have 50 FT without OT

lefty
05-01-2009, 08:02 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last season, Bowen didn't even touch CP3 (in fact, CP3 touched him) and got suspended 1 game

Ooops, sorry, I didn't detect the cynicism here :D

Jacob1983
05-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Stern has made Rondo untouchable. He can do whatever he wants with no consequences. So Rondo didn't even get a fine or warning from the league? It does suck but I'm not surprised.