PDA

View Full Version : Official lets rally around the Houston Rockets

spurs1990
05-01-2009, 08:17 PM
In the midst of our disheartening and impending washout last week, I internally pledged to tune out the NBA once we were out of the running.

However, this is the first time since 1997 that the Spurs will not be playing in May, and I believe we're left with a viable alternate to follow, maybe outright cheer for.

That surrogate would be the other Texas team....you know...the one that's won a title.

Look at the factors at play.

They have an entertaining core of players, some of who are exemplary citizens (Yao, Battier, Barry)
The biggest Spurs' thorn, the disreputable Tracy McGreedy, is currently inactive
We have no history with them in the postseason since 1995, allaying any deep-seeded enmity btw us
They have three players with Spurs connections...mostly positive (Scola, Barry, James White!)
Lastly & most justifiably, the Rockets have the possibility of vanquishing both LA and Dallas (though I predict a 2nd round 4-0 Denver whitewashing)

There's nearly two months until the draft and opening of free agency, so why not try to savor the duration of the playoffs by (temporarily) hitching ourselves to the boys from Clutchville. After all, they haven't played in May since 1997, the year our respective teams' paths seemed to diverge. Plus, I think having the champs in the division next season will serve as motivation for Los Spurs.

Even though a Bryant-James duel would be intriguing, here's hoping for a Rockets-Magic 2009 NBA Finals.

mingus
05-01-2009, 08:44 PM
i'm on the Houston bandwagon . they've been my favorite team since TMac went out ...

i like their core group of guys (Battier , Artest , Scole and expecially Yao) ... they demonstrate hard work , toughness , character (you can say what you want 'bout Artest and his past , but he seems to have matured and learned to control himself) and chemistry .

i don't think they'll give LA much trouble though to be honest ... any chance Houston did have went down the drain when Mutombo injured himself . and now that i think of it he's actually more of a reason to root for the Rockets . Mutombo is deserving of a ring for all that he's done on the court and off the court ... definitely a reason to jump on this bandwagon ...

it's hard to not like any of the guys in uniform ...

peskypesky
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm down.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm not..I just can't root for the same team that Yao (the poster not the player) cheers for. After all his bashing of the Spurs, I just can't do it. Sorry...GO BULLS!! Besides..the Rockets are not getting past LA anyway.

holcs50
05-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm not a texan, and really could care less about the rockets, the mid 90's hatred I had for them kind of died after the spurs have been owning the last 10 or so years....but I don't mind a few of their players like battier and yao who seem like good guys. BUT the reason I'll definitely be rooting for them is simple-their opponent, the bitch ass fakers. So hell yea I'm going to root my ass of for the rockets, tho I think they lose in 5. If the rockets somehow beat the lakers and played the nuggets or dallas...I'd also probably root for them because I dislike the nuggs and dallas to where houston is just like, meh whatever. If somehow they beat those one of those teams then I'd probably not root for them in the finals-depending on who it is. If it's the cavs, im rooting for cavs...if magic rooting for magic, I guess only way id root for them in the finals is if the celtics made it.

mingus
05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
btw , Barry kind of left a bad taste in my mouth when he trash talked Bowen (i think he called him a dirty player) after he signed with the Rockets (and the reason he's on my avatar is 'cause that's the only one i liked from the ones offered by the site) ... so i kinda lost some respect for Barry ...

and Jame White i never really cared much for ... dude looks like a fool in some of those after-dunk celebrations ...

Von Wafer is a guy that i like though ... undrafted , played in Europe , hard road to NBA , multiple teams . he's a lot like who the Spurs have brought in in the past in that respect ... he also plays with balls and gives good effort ... (i don't like his mini mohawk though :rolleyes)

jaffies
05-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Ftr

alchemist
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
can't do, hope Houston and Dallas get swept.

adidas11
05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I'll have to pass on this one.

Lars
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Im on board!

lefty
05-01-2009, 09:18 PM
WTF?

Lakers will destroy the Rockets :lmao

celldweller
05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm in! Anyone but the Lakers (and I was born in LA - go figure), or the Mavericks.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Who are you people?

timvp
05-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Please pass your Spurs fandom cards to the left center aisle. Thank you.

FTR.

Xylus
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
You guys would rather see the Lakers win than the Rockets?

mattyc
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Odd thread.

Big BIG no to Rockets. Did you guys go for them in the Hakeem vs D Rob rivalry days? No? Then why start now.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Can they both lose?

Xylus
05-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Can they both lose?

Afraid not. Lesser of two evils and all that, yeah?

celldweller
05-01-2009, 09:32 PM

FTR.

Yea your right! My Bad. Screw them all!!!! :flag:
moment of weakness. Please forgive and forget.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2009, 09:33 PM

FTR.

Yes. At least we now know who weren't Spurs fans prior to 1999.

holcs50
05-01-2009, 09:34 PM

Hell fucking no...not me. I can see if my fellow spurs fans who live in texas and probably felt the rath personally of rockets fans during the 90s more and probably have trash talked to rockets/mavs fans a lot more, but for me who has lived in SoCal my whole life pretty much and all my friends are gay ass laker fans....i have grown to hate them for a multitude of reasons. So i'd rather see the rox win anyday.

And just because I'd rather the rockets has no bearing on how long ive been a die hard fan...which has been since when i was 8 years old...89-90

50Bestspurever
05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
True spurs fan will never never never never root for the rockets. Oh sorry I forgot, the fucking rockets.

lefty
05-01-2009, 11:11 PM
True spurs fan will never never never never root for the rockets. Oh sorry I forgot, the fucking rockets.

So the Fockers

Big P
05-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Houston??? Are you serious?? Wow...uhhhh, you are not a Spurs fan....once the Spurs go out you pull for the East. Houston? Really??

Ditty
05-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Fuck the Rockets

Fuck the Lakers

Lets go Nuggers

baseline bum
05-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Hell fucking no...not me. I can see if my fellow spurs fans who live in texas and probably felt the rath personally of rockets fans during the 90s more and probably have trash talked to rockets/mavs fans a lot more, but for me who has lived in SoCal my whole life pretty much and all my friends are gay ass laker fans....i have grown to hate them for a multitude of reasons. So i'd rather see the rox win anyday.

And just because I'd rather the rockets has no bearing on how long ive been a die hard fan...which has been since when i was 8 years old...89-90

I have lived in both Houston and LA, and my conclusion is FTR.

Bender
05-01-2009, 11:56 PM
wouldn't mind the rockets making it to the WC finals. There's noboby really "hate-able" on that team.

05-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I have lived in both Houston and LA, and my conclusion is FTR.

Rudy T live in both in beverly hills and houston.Now he is with the lakers.He will root for both team.:clap:clap:chestbump:tu:cheer:cheer

baseline bum
05-02-2009, 12:05 AM

Not true. I'll root for anyone over the Jazz.

Kermit
05-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Holy shit, this thread is full of lose.

IronMexican
05-02-2009, 12:14 AM
I'll have to pass on this one.

:lol

SouthTexasRancher
05-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm in! Anyone but the Lakers (and I was born in LA - go figure), or the Mavericks.

Damn, I'm now blind. After that sig of yours all I see are spots. Oh wait, them are breasts!!!

Nice sig, btw...!

easy7
05-02-2009, 01:17 AM
i will root for the Nuggets myself, that a-hole poster called Yao also messed up the me rooting for the rockets trip.

Indazone
05-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Forget that A-hole Yao (poster). We welcome all bandwagoners, malcontents, and Nuggets, Lakers, Mavs haters.

:lobt::lobt: :lobt:????

underdawg
05-02-2009, 01:37 AM
sorry, but the rockettes have always been more of a rival than the mavs, hornets or jizz. lakers should win the WC, but I would rather the cavs beat the lakers than anything else.

Bukefal
05-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Why would you rally for your rivals? Anyway, im sticking with the CAvs, hope they win it.

50Bestspurever
05-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Not true. I'll root for anyone over the Jazz.

Are you nuts? You don't root for either one of them. F@ck them both.

sonic21
05-02-2009, 08:43 AM
i'm only rooting for them against the lakers. FTL

coldsweat
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
i don't hate the rockets, but i hate the lakers, simple choice for me.

timtonymanu
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
im rooting for the rockets to beat the lakers. but not anymore than that.

For me, i want the Magic or Cavs to win the title.

Man of Steel
05-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Fuck it.

I am for any team playing against the fucking pricks called "Lakers."

Right now--that's the Rockets.

SO--for the next few days ONLY--I root for the Rockets. It would be so sweet to watch Kobe "Fuck the Bitch" Bryant to cry like a little girl again...

NewJerSpur
05-04-2009, 11:25 PM
can't do, hope Houston and Dallas get swept.

:tu

I'm in no way in love with the Lakers, but a divisional rival? Pass.

tomtom
05-05-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm in, Rocket and Magic are the last teams remaining I have money on

jman3000
05-05-2009, 12:23 AM
If only both of these damn teams could lose.

Seeing the Lakers walk off their home court with a L is quite satisfying. Especially since his balls have been in these damned announcers' mouths for quite some time.

Avitus1
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Well shit, I'm in.... and I'm not a big on the Rockets... FUCK!

Josepatches_
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
i'm in! Anyone but the lakers or the mavericks.

+1

DaDakota
05-05-2009, 01:00 AM
You are all welcome, Houston and San Antonio are the only two classy organizations in Texas.

:D

DD

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:01 AM
As far as rival hate goes it goes Lakers >>>>>>>>>Mavericks > Rockets

Rockets already won a couple rings compared to the Mavericks, so them going far in the playoffs doesn't bother me compared to the Mavericks making it to the WCF... and none of their players are pricks at the moment. Even the coach isn't annoying.

spursfan09
05-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I don't know, I'm feelin the Nuggets.... Chauncy Billups ya'll!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't know, I'm feelin the Nuggets.... Chauncy Billups ya'll!

I like Billups and some of the Nuggets new guys, but I hate Carmelo. ANd it would be a crime if he won a ring.

05-05-2009, 01:16 AM
if any team other than the lakers get to the finals, lebron will win his ring.

Yuushi12
05-05-2009, 01:16 AM
You are all welcome, Houston and San Antonio are the only two classy organizations in Texas.

:D

DD

+1000000 GO rockets :flag:

angelbelow
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
well im a fan of yao, and i like shane battier's character but im not gonna cheer for the rockets! (but im not cheering for the lakers either)

Sean Cagney
05-05-2009, 03:31 AM
GO NUGGETS! I am a Billups fan and Birdman fan, so I will root for them on here out, F THE REST! Wade is out after we were so there goes that for me, now it's Nuggets.

dav4463
05-05-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm on board. I like the Rockets! I want to make sure only two teams in Texas win NBA championships! Spurs and Rockets...............no mavs!

Rummpd
05-05-2009, 06:53 AM
All in - big time fan of Yao, Battier, and Adelman (who was screwed in that horribly offiicated LAL series during the LAL 'dynastic run" out of a probable championship)

benefactor
05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Yes. At least we now know who weren't Spurs fans prior to 1999.
I would venture to say that there are only a handful of posters on this site that were. Anyone under 30yrs old probably doesn't even remember DRob being drafted...and anyone who says they were under the age of 13ish and was a hardcore fan is just lying. Kids will watch and cheer but beyond that they don't really care about basketball. Riding a bicycle around the neighborhood beats it any day of the week.

I have always loved basketball, but I didn't really become a serious fan until somewhere between 18-20yrs old, which happens to be right around the time Tim Duncan was drafted. I was basically a casual fan before then and rooted mostly for the Rockets because of my family roots. I watched the 1995 Spurs/Rockets series, but being only 17 at the time I don't really remember all the events surrounding it that makes Spurs fans hate them, but I do remember Dream looking like the greatest big man I had ever seen. He is actually what made me like a true big man with great footwork and defense. Of course, this naturally made me gravitate towards the Spurs and Duncan. I grew to appreciate the organization more and more as I became more of a pure fan, as I felt they played the game the right way.

All of that said, I understand why some older Spurs fans have some angst towards the Rockets. But I don't think its fair to fault younger Spurs fans who only remember the Rockets of this decade and want to pull for them in the playoffs...especially since they are playing the Lakers, who are arguably our biggest rival of this decade. IMHO, cheering against Kobe is acceptable under almost any circumstances.

smeagol
05-05-2009, 07:20 AM
If the question is Lakers or Rockets, the answer is a no-brainer . . .

j-6
05-05-2009, 07:33 AM
I thought we were Cleveland fans with SA and Detroit both bounced.

Fuck Houston.

edit: It's not like Mav Fan and Rocket Fan cheer for the Spurs when their teams get eliminated.

WalterBenitez
05-05-2009, 08:33 AM
wow, those reds defeated Lakers? come on, are you kidding me?

urunobili
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM

FTR.

http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/46/lolcatsdotcom29amvfrzg3cozo7y.jpg

Indazone
05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
I remember the Spurs since the days of Artis Gilmore and George Gervin the Iceman. I used to sit in my room and listen to the battles on the radio between the Pacers with George McGinnis and Darnell Hilman. Since that time, I came to know the Spurs as a classy organization. If not Pacers advancing then anybody but those Virginia Squires and Dr. J.

Whisky Dog
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
eh, I like Yao and Battier but I can't cheer for a WC team. Go Cavs! or Go Magic! Fuck the Celtics and the Hawks don't have a chance in hell.

I think Carmelo is a complete and utter pussy, punk ass bitch who got clowned by a midget and Kenyon Martin is a classless punk who is borderline retarded, but the Nuggets are about the only team in the WC I would like to make the finals.

peacemaker885
05-05-2009, 11:19 AM
GO NUGGETS! I am a Billups fan and Birdman fan, so I will root for them on here out, F THE REST! Wade is out after we were so there goes that for me, now it's Nuggets.

Yeah. FTR. Rather see the Nuggets and Billups reach the top.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2009, 11:24 AM
eh, I like Yao and Battier but I can't cheer for a WC team. Go Cavs! or Go Magic! Fuck the Celtics and the Hawks don't have a chance in hell.

I think Carmelo is a complete and utter pussy, punk ass bitch who got clowned by a midget and Kenyon Martin is a classless punk who is borderline retarded, but the Nuggets are about the only team in the WC I would like to make the finals.

I don't know how any Spurs fan can root for a Western Conference team getting the Championship this year.....

the only time I remember when there was complete solidarity by Western NBA fans was in 2002, when the Kings were playing the Lakers. :rollin

Walton Buys Off Me
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I have no issues pulling for the Rockets. I actually like Yao Ming and it would be poetic justice to see them achieve something without McGrady. The fact they've finally emerged from the first round without him is very telling IMO.

That being said, Stern will do ANYTHING in his power this year to get the Kobe-LeBron Final.

My advice to Rockets fans would be don't get too excited. Stern and his Vegas cronies will be all over game 2 with furious vengeance.

Ironically, it was Adelman that got "Sterned" in 2002 as well.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I caught myself cheering for the Rockets a little last night. I felt ashamed and guilty. But that, unfortunately, is how deep my hatred runs for the LA Lakers.

There really isn't a team I can cheer for out West at this point. Kenyon Martin makes cheering for Denver an impossibility. The Laker and Mavs are definitely out. Nothing would make me smile more, though, than LA not reaching the Finals. Heck, I'd be downright giddy if they didn't make it to the WCF.

Extra Stout
05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Baselinebumsicus 18

Unlawful Rooting Relations

1 The SPURS said to Drossos, 2 "Speak to the San Antonians and say to them: 'I am the SPURS your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Dallas, where we used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of bandwagoners, from whence we bring you out. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the SPURS your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the SPURS.
6 " 'No one is to approach any in-state rival to have rooting relations. I am the SPURS.

7 " 'Do not dishonor your city by having rooting relations with the Rockets. They are the Rockets; do not have relations with them.

8 " Should Dallas get a team, do not root for them. That would dishonor your team, for out of Dallas it came.

9 " 'Do not have rooting relations with Austin, or with Waco or El Paso, or any city in the same state whether near or far.

10 " 'Do not have rooting relations with New Orleans, for that would dishonor you.

11 " Do not have rooting relations with Oklahoma City, for even though they will be in a different division, Oklahoma might as well be Texas.

12 " Do not have rooting relations with the Pacers or Nets, for they are your ABA relatives.

13 " Do not have rooting relationships with Denver, for they are your ABA relatives.

14 " Do not dishonor your team by approaching the Suns to have rooting relations with them; they are your bitches.

15 " 'Do not have rooting relations with the Trail Blazers. They are the Trail Blazers; do not have relations with them.

16 " 'Do not have rooting relations with the Kings; that would dishonor your city.

17 " 'Do not have rooting relations with any expansion teams. That is wickedness.

18 " 'Do not take another team as a second team and root for them after your team is eliminated from the playoffs.

19 " 'Do not wait until a team wins 60 games and then start rooting for them.

20 " 'Do not root for the Warriors and defile yourself with them.

21 " 'Do not give any of your children to meet Kobe Bryant, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the SPURS.

22 " 'Do not root for the Lakers; that is detestable.

23 " 'Do not root for a Utah team and defile yourself with it. A fan must not present himself to the Jazz to have rooting relations with them; that is a perversion.

24 " 'Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the fans that I am going to drive out before you became defiled."

timvp
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
^^ :lmao

benefactor
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
14 " Do not dishonor your team by approaching the Suns to have rooting relations with them; they are your bitches.
Gold....

ShoogarBear
05-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Not just no, but HELL no.

The closest thing to the Spurs left are the Cavs.

dmac
05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Lakers hate >>>>>>>Rockets hate

timvp
05-05-2009, 12:17 PM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124643

Your ticket hasn't been stamped yet.

:hat

angel_luv
05-05-2009, 12:19 PM
I am all for the Rockets winning the West that way when Orlando wins the East, I can drive to Houston and root for Hedo in the NBA Finals. :)

ShoogarBear
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM

Sons, I'm Choo-Choo Charlie.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Bah humbug to the Rockets. Hating someone less than the Lakers is not cause to root for them. And shock of shocks, now that the Rockets actually won a game in this series there are Rockets car flags everywhere here.

I'll just root for the Magic I guess. If you squint hard enough while watching them play Dwight Howard almost looks like David Robinson.

ShoogarBear
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I'll just root for the Magic I guess. If you squint hard enough while watching them play Dwight Howard almost looks like David Robinson.

What does Hedo look like when you do that?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2009, 12:43 PM
What does Hedo look like when you do that?

I can't see him at all. It's like he disapeared as soon as it became May.

sammy
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I am rooting for Houston and the McNuggets! Anyone but the Fakers or Dallass Donkies! LMAO!

angel_luv
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Then you missed seeing Hedo last night score 15 points, get 3 rebounds and one steal and make 5 assists.

Was +6 for the game. (Had one foul and two turnovers.)

I enjoyed Hedo's playing and, according to Manu's facebook, so did Manu. :)

Extra Stout
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Watch this amazing highlight of the basketball shooting itself in for the game-winner.
U40dAQrAwkA

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Then you missed seeing Hedo last night score 15 points, get 3 rebounds and one steal and make 5 assists.

I enjoyed Hedo's playing and, according to Manu's facebook, so did Manu. :)

:lol Nice ownage.

I'm sure he's a wonderful guy but unless he wins a few Finals MVP trophies that bastard will always be a choker in my eyes for that 04 no show.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Watch this amazing highlight of the basketball shooting itself in for the game-winner.
U40dAQrAwkA

:nope April 26, 2009

angel_luv
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
SFIE, I think you and Hedo will both agree that the 2004 play offs was not a great time for him.

Maybe Hedo can buy you a beer factory ( since he can afford do better by you than one beer) and you guys call it even? :)

Extra Stout
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
:nope April 26, 2009
With May 4 days away, he should at least have been mostly transparent.

angel_luv
05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
With May 4 days away, he should at least have been mostly transparent.

And he was eager to prove himself in May, thus the inspired shot.

spurtech09
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Well the rockets beat the lakers but im still not convince the rockets will win the series.....lakers were just rusty...I still belive the lakers will win the championship

Dr. Gonzo
05-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Fuck the Rockets. I hate the fucking Rockets.

Brazil
05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm on the Nuggets / Atlanta / Magic / Cavs bandwagon then rockets then mavs, boston and last wished FTL

smrattler
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm not a fan of "Texas NBA Teams", I'm a fucking Spurs fan!

If anything, being in our Division, I might hate them MORE because they are in Texas.

Fuck Dallas!

Fuck Houston!

sonic21
05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
i want Mutombo to have a ring.
if tmac declines his ring, i won't mind if the rockets win it all.

screw_ston713
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Well the rockets beat the lakers but im still not convince the rockets will win the series.....lakers were just rusty...I still belive the lakers will win the championship Good defense a make you look rusty. :bang

Russ
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM

On the other hand, Hedo and R. Lewis went a combined 0-8 in the 4th quarter last night when Orlando was blowing its lead.

Loyalty to one's favorite player is a great thing, but in Hedo's case, he's still got some playoff proving to do.

Anyway, go Rockets! I'd love to see the meltdown in LA if the Lakers go out in the 2d round. :)

rayray2k8
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
If you're a Spurs fan rooting for the Rockets, you should kill yourself.
No disrespect to the Rockets, but just too much history between the 2 teams.

It was an enjoyable game to watch as a fan of the NBA, but my goodness, the game felt
like it was scripted! :lol

Houston Rockets, we know drama. :wow

Russ
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
If you're a Spurs fan rooting for the Rockets, you should kill yourself.

So what if you're a Spurs fan rooting for the Lakers? :wow

m33p0
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
rather the rockettes than the fakers.

rayray2k8
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Then you should throw yourself into a wood chipper.

Russ
05-05-2009, 09:43 PM

Then you should throw yourself into a wood chipper.

I like your thinking. :flag:

VI_Massive
05-06-2009, 12:43 AM
anyone but the lakers.

Sean Cagney
05-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Nuggets now, I am a huge Billups fan from 04 on, he played us tough too and I liked his game in that series (Glad they lost though obviously). Billups is a man among men! He busted CP3's punk azz too, that has to count for something.

NewJerSpur
05-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Damn, where is a labor strike when you need one. Still can't see myself hoping the Rockets pull it off....Portland would've been an entirely different story. Come'on Hawks/Magic.

Manufan909
05-06-2009, 02:37 AM
I like Billups and some of the Nuggets new guys, but I hate Carmelo. ANd it would be a crime if he won a ring.

My love of Billups(Pistons from '04-when Big Ben left was one of my fave teams), combined with my mancrush on Nene, and Birdman cancel out my dislike of Melo.

And it'd be a bigger crime for Dirk, Kobe, or Lebron to win. Especially Lebron or Kobe, then every single reporter/commentator/analyst for the NBA would be able to swallow the Chosen1's/Black Mamba's load with a smile on their face for being right. I'd rather they swallow, only to realize BBBBBBillups, The Great Wall, or Black Magic(stupid nickname, imo) won it all.

No true Spurs fan could go for Lebron, because his relationship with the media is the inverse of Tim.:downspin:

Manufan909
05-06-2009, 02:46 AM

Fuck the Cavs. And big ups to benefactors owning the older, condescending fans who could possibly think 10 yrs or less kids could be true fans of any team. Also, big downs for urunobili brown-nosing, that burn was not worthy of the karate cat. Maybe the plasma TV blocking a security camera pic.:lol

Manufan909
05-06-2009, 02:55 AM
If you're a Spurs fan rooting for the Rockets, you should kill yourself. Unapplicable for Spurs fans who were 6 at the time of the series that must not be named.:p:
No disrespect to the Rockets, but just too much history between the 2 teams.

It was an enjoyable game to watch as a fan of the NBA, but my goodness, the game felt
like it was scripted! :lol

Houston Rockets, we know drama. :wow

fify

WalterBenitez
05-06-2009, 06:54 AM
I am rooting for Houston and the McNuggets! Anyone but the Fakers or Dallass Donkies! LMAO!

Well, well I am quite the same .. but

Imposter Cleaner
05-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Dallas Donkies are hairly better than the Chicago mules though, at least the Donkies have broken to the 2nd round and they are not sterile like the Mules.

Mark in Austin
05-06-2009, 12:50 PM
not true. I'll root for anyone over the jazz.

+1

hater
05-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm in. They play the right way. Their superstars are cool mofos.

and they got Luis Scola.

hater
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM

LMAO with a superstar that not only calls himself the chosen one, but beleives it wholeheartedly and gets all kinds of calls from the refs, is overhyped by ESPN and is Stern's most beloved child? yeah, very close to San Antonio :rolleyes

Manufan909
05-07-2009, 12:02 AM
LMAO with a superstar that not only calls himself the chosen one, but beleives it wholeheartedly and gets all kinds of calls from the refs, is overhyped by ESPN and is Stern's most beloved child? yeah, very close to San Antonio :rolleyes

Indeed, all facts. Lebron is Kobe with a non-rapist/alduterer skin.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Houston deserves a REPRIEVE for the Second round. This is the Kings- Lakers series all over again. Spurs fan should be exempted and allowed for the second round alone, to rally behind Rockets.

There are too many bigger A-holes in this fight.... Crawford, Phil Jackson, Kobe, Luke Walton. Sasha Two faced DEREK FISHER..the Refs..Stern...and all the Laker fans talking shit.

DAF86
05-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Houston deserves a REPRIEVE for the Second round. This is the Kings- Lakers series all over again. Spurs fan should be exempted and allowed for the second round alone, to rally behind Rockets.

There are too many bigger A-holes in this fight.... Crawford, Phil Jackson, Kobe, Luke Walton. Sasha Two faced DEREK FISHER..the Refs..Stern...and all the Laker fans talking shit.

(most) Lakers fans are even bigger pussies than Lakers players, and that's saying a lot.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2009, 12:24 AM
ehhhhh I'd rather the Rockets win than the Lakers

Kobe is still on the Lakers and Hakeem is not on the Rockets anymore...

dougp
05-07-2009, 12:32 AM
FTR & FTL - but I'd rather the Lakers win the series so that all the fuckin bandwagon Rockets fans can shut up sooner.

EricB
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Derek Fisher better not fucking play in game 3.

lol @ all the people that were dissapointed the Spurs "missed out on" Von Wafer.

Artest being ejected was bullshit, and Kobe should technically be suspended for game 3, but we all know the NBA won't do that to their golden goose.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 12:56 AM
FTR & FTL - but I'd rather the Lakers win the series so that all the fuckin bandwagon Rockets fans can shut up sooner.

:lol Don't be myopic...bandwagon Rockets Fans don't even speak English! ...they're more harmless than the potential bandwagon Laker fans that grow with each round. A Rockets Nuggets series will be neutralized on the Spurs board ...and Laker Fan will be castrated.

rayray2k8
05-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Still a no from me.
Both teams can go to hell.
But i love watching these 2 go at each others throats.. Literally.

EricB
05-07-2009, 01:05 AM
still a no from me.

+1

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Still a no from me.

As long as Spurs fan is not FOR the Lakers. That's good enough for Spurs fans.

Mugen
05-07-2009, 01:55 AM
ALL Lakers fans are even bigger pussies than Lakers players, and that's saying a lot.

fify

Manufan909
05-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Derek Fisher better not fucking play in game 3.

lol @ all the people that were dissapointed the Spurs "missed out on" Von Wafer.

Artest being ejected was bullshit, and Kobe should technically be suspended for game 3, but we all know the NBA won't do that to their golden goose.

I'm assuming Kobe would have to tombstone a bitch to get a suspension. And I'm so fucking glad Shane outscored him yesterday, that is fucking fantastic.

There are more bandwagon Laker trolls than bandwagon Rockets trolls, I don't get your logic.:ihit

symple19
05-11-2009, 01:18 AM
It's gonna be CAVS v Nuggets - Know why? - Cuz they're the 2 best remaining defensive teams - This isn't rocket science people

I remember good defense, it was the spring of 07' ...

Manufan909
05-16-2009, 04:09 PM
It's gonna be CAVS v Nuggets - Know why? - Cuz they're the 2 best remaining defensive teams - This isn't rocket science people

I remember good defense, it was the spring of 07' ...

:lmao

Anyone watch Gm 6? I'm curious to hear the takes of people hear over CNN/ESPN?FOX as to why the Lakers lost the closeout game.

Jace
05-16-2009, 11:06 PM
I've been on their bandwagon since they began playing the Lakers, I love Battier and the roleplayers stepping up is huge

Knoxxx
05-17-2009, 12:23 AM
I like that Landry dude.

Also when Yao was in there, it was hilarious seeing him lean on Gasol and wear him out. He looked tiny next to Yao! I will always resent Gasol as a Laker, even though I like his game.

baseline bum
05-17-2009, 02:56 AM
LMAO @ Extra Stout! Awesome post; how did I not see it until now?

baseline bum
05-17-2009, 03:27 AM
This is a real dilemma who to cheer for to lose in game 7.

Reasons to pull for the Rockets to lose:
1. Rocket fans suck, and will forever be stuck in 1995. 14 years later we still have fucktards like Lars, bobbyjoe, and kingmalaki coming here to rub Spurs fans noses in it for the two good years that piece of shit franchise ever had. Having lived in Houston and seen it firsthand, they're the rule; not the exception. If they pull this game out you're going to see a lot of faggots in 95 championship gear at games 3 and 4 of the WCF in Houston.

2. The only good thing about Houston is the strip-clubs. It's like LA with the self-important pricks, the horrible traffic, the filthy air and all... but minus all the great things LA possesses like the perfect weather, the ocean, the mountains, the great museums, the hot women, the scenic drives, the proximity to national parks, the desert, easy access to Vegas, etc. Houston as a city doesn't deserve the greatest playoff upset in NBA history.

3. Everyone brings up the rape with respect to Kobe, but it's not like Rockets legends are in any place to cast stones. At least the bitch Kobe raped was of legal age.

Reasons to pull for the Lakers to lose:
1. A loss in game 7 would absolutely shatter Kobe Bryant's legacy. He would seriously become the new Dirk; no joke whatsoever. Since becoming the #1 man in LA for the 02-03 season, Kobe is 0-5 in elimination games and is shooting 39.6% in them. Big-Game Kobe is a huge lie.

2. Derek Fisher will go down as the second biggest goat if they blow this series, and LA deserves a second massive flameout after West cheated and handed them Gasol.

3. The Spurs would clearly be the team of the decade should LA bow out. Conversely, if LA wins #4 of the 2000s, be prepared to see every fucking ESPN talking head turn into Stu Lantz fellating the rapist. They will rewrite history and all of a sudden Kobe piggybacking Shaq to 3 titles will be every bit as impressive to them as Duncan being the horse that carried his teams to the promised land.

whottt
05-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Go Earthquake Go!

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Who the fuck are you people?

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Go Earthquake Go!

Nuclear warhead.
Tsunami.

Many PackYao
05-17-2009, 10:30 AM

1. Rocket fans suck, and will forever be stuck in 1995. 14 years later we still have fucktards like Lars, bobbyjoe, and kingmalaki coming here to rub Spurs fans noses in it for the two good years that piece of shit franchise ever had. Having lived in Houston and seen it firsthand, they're the rule; not the exception. If they pull this game out you're going to see a lot of faggots in 95 championship gear at games 3 and 4 of the WCF in Houston.

2. The only good thing about Houston is the strip-clubs. It's like LA with the self-important pricks, the horrible traffic, the filthy air and all... but minus all the great things LA possesses like the perfect weather, the ocean, the mountains, the great museums, the hot women, the scenic drives, the proximity to national parks, the desert, easy access to Vegas, etc. Houston as a city doesn't deserve the greatest playoff upset in NBA history.

3. Everyone brings up the rape with respect to Kobe, but it's not like Rockets legends are in any place to cast stones. At least the bitch Kobe raped was of legal age.

Dayum, you got some serious issues if you have to resort to talking shit about Houston as a city. Did you get gang-raped by Rockets fans there or something?:lol

DaDakota
05-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome aboard, we need all the help we can get with Joey Crawford and his 7-1 record for the Lakers reffing game 7.

9_PoLB8_cWw

DD

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Still a no from me.
Fuck the lakers and fuck the rockets.
Rockets were the Lakers of the 90's.
All the spurs fans who root for the rockets today, I say fuck you too.

Many PackYao
05-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Still a no from me.
Huh?:wtf:flipoff

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Huh?:wtf:flipoff

Not talking to you, moron.
I can tell how long you've been a Rocket fan.

spurtech09
05-17-2009, 12:55 PM
no thanks

Many PackYao
05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Not talking to you, moron.
I can tell how long you've been a Rocket fan.
You butthurt faggot! I've been following the Rockets since the mid 80's.

xtremesteven33
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Still a no from me.

Its called rooting for the lesser of two evils....

Rockets > Lakers

No contest.

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
You butthurt faggot! I've been following the Rockets since the mid 80's.

Then you should have understood that analogy I made you fucktard.
Enjoy getting blown out by the lakers. :toast

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Its called rooting for the lesser of two evils....

Rockets > Lakers

No contest.

You're not a spurs fan then.
I'll assume you're probably a cowboys fan.
Like rooting for the Giants against the Redskins.
Btw, fuck the cowboys.

Many PackYao
05-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Then you should have understood that analogy I made you fucktard.
Enjoy getting blown out by the lakers. :toast
Lol @ you being a bitter fag!:lolHere's to you hater.:toast

rayray2k8

Reasons to pull for the Lakers to lose:
1. A loss in game 7 would absolutely shatter Kobe Bryant's legacy. He would seriously become the new Dirk; no joke whatsoever. Since becoming the #1 man in LA for the 02-03 season, Kobe is 0-5 in elimination games and is shooting 39.6% in them. Big-Game Kobe is a huge lie.

2. Derek Fisher will go down as the second biggest goat if they blow this series, and LA deserves a second massive flameout after West cheated and handed them Gasol.

3. The Spurs would clearly be the team of the decade should LA bow out. Conversely, if LA wins #4 of the 2000s, be prepared to see every fucking ESPN talking head turn into Stu Lantz fellating the rapist. They will rewrite history and all of a sudden Kobe piggybacking Shaq to 3 titles will be every bit as impressive to them as Duncan being the horse that carried his teams to the promised land.

Great post. Good way to break down both teams and how people can look at them.
This could in fact make or break Kobe's legacy. Would mind seeing him cry again, but I doubt It'll happen.

baseline bum
I'm rooting for Malice at the Palace part 2: Artest beating down celebs in the stands, Landry going Kermit Washington on Kobe, Mbenga dropping Brooks, Gasol hiding under a table with a helmet on, etc.

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Lol @ you being a bitter fag!:lolHere's to you hater.:toast

He's in denial. :lol
Oh I can hear you whinnying about the refs already.
:whine

Big P
05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Pull for the rockets? Lets not...IF the Spurs go out early, you automatically pull for the East....

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm rooting for Malice at the Palace part 2: Artest beating down celebs in the stands, Landry going Kermit Washington on Kobe, Mbenga dropping Brooks, Gasol hiding under a table with a helmet on, etc.

Many PackYao
05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
He's in denial. :lol
Oh I can hear you whinnying about the refs already.
:whine
Right, cause I'm sure you weren't whining when the Lakers took out the Spurs in 5 games last year.

ShoogarBear
05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Go Earthquake Go!

Nuclear warhead.
Tsunami.

I'm with you. However, with the chips down, it's surprisingly easy for me to root for the Rockets over the Lakers. In part because I know there's no chance the Rockets win the title.

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Right, cause I'm sure you weren't whining when the Lakers took out the Spurs in 5 games last year.

:lol
God you're making it easy for me to hate the Rockets.

xtremesteven33
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
You're not a spurs fan then.
I'll assume you're probably a cowboys fan.
Like rooting for the Giants against the Redskins.
Btw, fuck the cowboys.

Not a spurs fan cause i root for the Rockets against the Lakers...hahahaha

Dex
05-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I won't be cheering for the Rockets. I'll be cheering against the Lakers. And I would be doing so regardless of who their opponent was.

Even if Dallas and LA were to matchup, I'd have to go against the greater of evils.

timvp
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
It's a tough decision on who to root for ......... but either way the Lakers will win by 20+ points. No way they lose this game. Kobe always comes up big in elimination games, especially since Shaq left.

:smokin

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 01:53 PM
It's a tough decision on who to root for ......... but either way the Lakers will win by 20+ points. No way they lose this game. Kobe always comes up big in elimination games, especially since Shaq left.

Would it surprised you if the Rockets kept it close to where Houston could be within striking distance in the late 4th quarter.

Mel_13
05-17-2009, 01:55 PM

I see what you did there...and wow, I had no idea how amazing the numbers are.

sonic21
05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
i'm rooting for the rockets because i think they will get swept or lose easily against nuggets.
FTL and FTR

baseline bum
05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I see what you did there...and wow, I had no idea how amazing the numbers are.

Yeah, the Big Game Kobe legend is a lie. Look at the stats since 02-03, when he became "The Man" on the Lakers:

Damn; since 02-03, these are Kobe's stats in games he faced elimination:

Wins: 0 (<none>)
Losses: 5 (Game 6 vs San Antonio in 03, Game 5 vs Detroit in 04, Game 7 vs Phoenix in 06, Game 5 vs Phoenix in 07, Game 6 vs Boston in 08)
PPG: 24.8
REBOUNDS: 3.2
ASSISTS: 2.6
FG%: 39.6%

ShoogarBear
05-17-2009, 02:47 PM

spurscenter
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Fuck the Rockets, stupid fucks cant play defense. Game 7 and they look like the freshman team

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
This makes the Spurs performance in game 5 of 2004 LA series look like a masterpiece of steadfastness.

sammy
Houston can't make a shot at all! They are turning the ball over and the stupid coach waited too long to call a timeout until they got so far behind! Not mention that satan Joey Crawford is reffing so you know the fix is in! Rockets need to calm down! Bastard Crawford allowing Bynum and Gasol to hack and grab and no call! 1 foul against Scola and 1 foul against Brooks! Ridiculous!:bang

baseline bum
What an epic fail. Spurs fans sold their souls for a team that can't hit fucking layups. :lol

sammy
05-17-2009, 02:57 PM
What an epic fail. Spurs fans sold their souls for a team that can't hit fucking layups. :lol

I'll root for anyone but the fucking Fakers! Hate those SOB's!

sammy
05-17-2009, 03:04 PM
There is no foul on the f'iing elephant ear Farmar! Typical bailout!

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 03:22 PM

What I tell you bitch?
Lakers are whipping that red ass right now..
Next thing you'll say is, "well at least I supported my team" :madrun

Duncan2177
05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
This is the worst game seven ive ever seen.

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 04:14 PM
There are certain spurs fans I'm disappointed in right now.
Those who rooted for the Rockets, are not real spurs fan for doing so.
Go to clutchcity.com from now on.

Many PackYao
05-17-2009, 05:18 PM
What I tell you bitch?
Lakers are whipping that red ass right now..
Next thing you'll say is, "well at least I supported my team" :madrun
Well, at least I supported my team, homo!:lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Time to put up the Official "Let's Rally Around the Denver Nuggets" :lol

It would hurt Spurs legacy if Lakers make back to back Finals appearances...plus the threat of Lakers winning a ship' against Lebron is still a risk...

Nuggets make it to the Finals, Lebron will easily destroy Coach Karl's gameplans and have an easier battle to his first championship...

I don't like Carmelo and the Manu abusing thuggets, but I'll let Chauncey alleviate that disgust for now.

benefactor
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
With all the cards stacked against them, it was a good effort by Houston. There was no way they were going to beat a focused Lakers team in game 7. Props for getting there though.

Avitus1
05-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Houston is going only going to get better. They did good with what they had.

spurscenter
05-17-2009, 07:53 PM
remember the rockers with Francis almost beat shaq and kobe back in 2004 and then they did the same shit they did in this game 7, francis fucked it up with his no pass , shoot, same thing today.

Rockets are a joke, third best in Texas

spursfaninla
05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Rockets greatly over-achieved to get there. I must say, the rockets missing 2 of their top players did WAY better than the Spurs did.

Although I will avoid hyperbole about the spurs sucking outside the big 3,

The rockets took the lakers to 7 games with bubble gum and defense.

05-17-2009, 08:36 PM
There are certain spurs fans I'm disappointed in right now.
Those who rooted for the Rockets, are not real spurs fan for doing so.
Go to clutchcity.com from now on.
^
that is the wrong website.The website is www.clutchfans.net/

afireinside20
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Come on!!! Everyone knows David Stern wasn't going to let the Lakers lose. He's thinking MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! when we'll eventually see Lakers and Cavs. Ughh David Stern is such a greedy bastard!!!

sook
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Rockets just couldn't get enough. That is why I said it would be the BIGGEST upset, they have virtually nobody to go to. Artest? No thanks.

mytespurs
05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Rockets just couldn't get enough. That is why I said it would be the BIGGEST upset, they have virtually nobody to go to. Artest? No thanks.

I wonder if Yao would've made a difference in one of their losses. I know they lost game 2 to LA at Staples (no surprise there) and Yao went down in Game 3 but if this team played like this w/Yao there, just maybe it could've put them over the hump.....pipe dream, I know, but stranger things have happened.

spurs1990
05-04-2015, 12:09 PM
On the bandwagon for the fellow Texas team. Don't have a complete list of reasons other than 2.

1) haven't played Houston in 20 years so no playoff bad blood.

2) F the clippers forever

Let's go Rockets!

SpurPadre
05-04-2015, 12:12 PM
On the bandwagon for the fellow Texas team. Don't have a complete list of reasons other than 2.

1) haven't played Houston in 20 years so no playoff bad blood.

2) F the clippers forever

Let's go Rockets!

Fuck that shit. Let's go Atlanta Spurs or Golden State Spurs!