PDA

View Full Version : If your the Cavs.....

kamikazi_player
05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Would you rather face Miami or the Hawks? I think they would rather face the Hawks cause I don't think they have anyone that can stop D Wade.

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 10:11 PM
It doesn't make any difference.

IronMexican
05-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I think Atlanta. Cause if Wade goes crazy, there wont be many things to stop him.

kamikazi_player
05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
It doesn't make any difference.
Yeah, but still, if they face against the heat, they might be too banged up to face the Magics.

KidCongo
05-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I read just before that Mo and Joe Smith wanted the Hawks to win today, so they could get out there and play already. The team is ready for anyone and keen to play.

KSeal
05-01-2009, 10:15 PM
The Cavs will sweep either team so it doesn't matter. The Magic will give the Cavs some problems in the ECF though.

RsxPiimp
05-01-2009, 10:17 PM
you dont want to play against the heat because they have d-whistle.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't know man..I think I'd rather play Miami...if you play Atlanta...they can go insane..look what they did to Boston last year. Joe Johnson, Josh Smith....this is a team who can bring a LOT of intensity...

Flo-Rida
05-01-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't know man..I think I'd rather play Miami...if you play Atlanta...they can go insane..look what they did to Boston last year. Joe Johnson, Josh Smith....this is a team who can bring a LOT of intensity...

Uhhh no buddy, but i dont know which one sucks worse their half court offense or Josh Smith's jumpshot??

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Uhhh no buddy, but i dont know which one sucks worse their half court offense or Josh Smith's jumpshot??
I agree...but what I'm saying is this...Cleveland is better than both of these teams..you have to agree...but Atlanta just has this habit of turning up MAJOR intensity..more than any team on their level than I've ever seen...makes for bad situations for Cleveland...not knocking Miami..they might even be better than Atlanta...but they're not better than Cleveland..it's gonna take a LOT of intensity by the opposing team to beat them...and I just think Atlanta has more...it's just an opinion..don't get all upset.

balli
05-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Sixes. And it doesn't matter if they don't have any one guy to shut down Wade. LeBron's pretty capable anyways, IMO, if that's what it takes. But they're so damn good at team defense that Wade isn't going to beat them by himself.

And yeah, ATL is more than Josh Smith's jumpshot. They're truly the sum of their parts and Joe Johnson's due for a few good games after the stinkers he's been putting up lately.

RsxPiimp
05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree...but what I'm saying is this...Cleveland is better than both of these teams..you have to agree...but Atlanta just has this habit of turning up MAJOR intensity..more than any team on their level than I've ever seen...makes for bad situations for Cleveland...not knocking Miami..they might even be better than Atlanta...but they're not better than Cleveland..it's gonna take a LOT of intensity by the opposing team to beat them...and I just think Atlanta has more...it's just an opinion..don't get all upset.

they cant even take care of the heat. what makes you think they'll give the cavs a hard time?

joe johnson is playing like crap and marvin williams is nowhere to be found.

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Atlanta is a better team than Miami.

Miami has the better superstar.

But I don't think either team is capable of giving the Cavaliers a major test.

As for D-Whistle, the Cavaliers were allowed to get away with a lot of physical defense on him this season. I don't think he'd beat a path to the free-throw line against Cleveland, at least not enough to ultimately make a difference.

Cavaliers would beat both teams fairly handily.

JamStone
05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
If you're the Cavs, your confidence is pretty high and you don't care either way. If you're LeBron James specifically, you rather play Miami because I think he loves and relishes that kind of battle against another great player, particularly one he considers a friend. I think if you're Mike Brown, you want Atlanta just because against Miami, the officiating can get pretty out of hand, as we saw tonight. Everyone else, likely, I don't think they care much either way.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
they cant even take care of the heat. what makes you think they'll give the cavs a hard time?

joe johnson is playing like crap and marvin williams is nowhere to be found.
First off, Williams is hurt...he'll be fine by the next round if Atlanta gets there...and when the Hawks play their normal style, no..they don't have a chance against Cleveland...but if they play their uptempo, crazy style that they do sometimes, they have a chance against them. I'm only saying this because while the chance is small that this happens, I don't think Miami has a chance in hell.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Atlanta is a better team than Miami.

Miami has the better superstar.

But I don't think either team is capable of giving the Cavaliers a major test.

As for D-Whistle, the Cavaliers were allowed to get away with a lot of physical defense on him this season. I don't think he'd beat a path to the free-throw line against Cleveland, at least not enough to ultimately make a difference.

Cavaliers would beat both teams fairly handily.
I agree 100%...I just think Atlanta, if anybody, could hurt them more than Miami.

Jacob1983
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
It doesn't matter who the Cavs face. Lebron is going to the Finals.

KSeal
05-01-2009, 10:46 PM
It doesn't matter who the Cavs face. Lebron is going to the Finals.

Way to go out on a limb.

Jacob1983
05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Do you really think Stern is going to let the Cavs lose in the 2nd round?

JoeTait75
05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Do you really think Stern is going to let the Cavs lose in the 2nd round?

I don't think the Cavaliers are going to need David Stern's help.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
ditto

DrHouse
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
As a fan I'm rooting for Miami.

I want to see D-Wade and Lebronze go nuts.

RsxPiimp
05-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Not now. but in the Finals, Cavs would need all the help Mr. Stern can give them.

Jacob1983
05-01-2009, 11:14 PM
I'd rather see the Cavs play the Hawks in the 2nd round.

RsxPiimp
05-01-2009, 11:15 PM
First off, Williams is hurt...he'll be fine by the next round if Atlanta gets there...and when the Hawks play their normal style, no..they don't have a chance against Cleveland...but if they play their uptempo, crazy style that they do sometimes, they have a chance against them. I'm only saying this because while the chance is small that this happens, I don't think Miami has a chance in hell.

I agree. But the difference this year is Joe Johnson's game just took a major dump. I dont see a light at the end of a tunnel for the Hawks, it will be a quick kill for the Cavs. Heat at least has that "one" player than can take over a game. I think Wade's offensive onslaught is worth at least 2 wins.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I agree. But the difference this year is Joe Johnson's game just took a major dump. I dont see a light at the end of a tunnel for the Hawks, it will be a quick kill for the Cavs. Heat at least has that "one" player than can take over a game. I think Wade's offensive onslaught is worth at least 2 wins.
Disagree...I don't think Miami could get 2...if Atlanta can somehow find that team they had last year...they could at least make Cleveland sweat a little.

RsxPiimp
05-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Disagree...I don't think Miami could get 2...if Atlanta can somehow find that team they had last year...they could at least make Cleveland sweat a little.

We'll see. If Miami loses tomorrow then the argument is moot, if they win, I think Wade will put on a show.