PDA

View Full Version : 2nd round West predictions

SpursDynasty
05-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Houston vs. Lakers - I have to give LA some credit I suppose, they won the first round series against Utah despite being the underdog in the series and Utah was the favorite. I still think it was just a matter of making shots and nothing else. Lakers will win this in 5. Houston had the easiest first round of any team and has no business being in the playoffs. I don't expect Bynum to do anything this series or next series or in the Finals, but I don't expect the Rockets to do anything either. The Lakers will win this series only because it's Houston and their toughest opponent (Spurs) already got eliminated with their most explosive player sidelined with an injury. So, the Lakers should be thankful that they don't have to play the Spurs this year, because they can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series with Manu playing.

Denver vs. Dallas - Again, Dallas beat the Spurs despite being the underdog in the series but that was because Manu Ginobili was out and our role players (Mason, Hill, Bonner) just don't have the playoff experience to fill in the void and Manu's defensive and offensive impact on games can't be replaced with jump shooting. Denver will win this in 5, this will be the worst 2nd round series in history. Nothing intriguing about this series at all.

KSeal
05-02-2009, 12:38 AM
So it will be Dallas vs. Houston in the WCF, that sucks.

Amaso
05-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I was wondering where you had gone, great post.

Rogue
05-02-2009, 12:52 AM
So it will be Dallas vs. Houston in the WCF, that sucks.
Rockets will be easier for Mavs to beat, but I don't care mavs beating the Lakers in WCF if you want, though the former scenario will cost Mavs more energy that should be saved for the Cavs in the finals.

Artest93
05-02-2009, 08:54 AM
So this is the 2nd time you put the Kiss of Death on the Lakers :)

LEONARD
05-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Houston vs. Lakers - I have to give LA some credit I suppose, they won the first round series against Utah despite being the underdog in the series and Utah was the favorite. I still think it was just a matter of making shots and nothing else. Lakers will win this in 5. Houston had the easiest first round of any team and has no business being in the playoffs. I don't expect Bynum to do anything this series or next series or in the Finals, but I don't expect the Rockets to do anything either. The Lakers will win this series only because it's Houston and their toughest opponent (Spurs) already got eliminated with their most explosive player sidelined with an injury. So, the Lakers should be thankful that they don't have to play the Spurs this year, because they can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series with Manu playing.

Denver vs. Dallas - Again, Dallas beat the Spurs despite being the underdog in the series but that was because Manu Ginobili was out and our role players (Mason, Hill, Bonner) just don't have the playoff experience to fill in the void and Manu's defensive and offensive impact on games can't be replaced with jump shooting. Denver will win this in 5, this will be the worst 2nd round series in history. Nothing intriguing about this series at all.

Is there really any point to doing this anymore, timvp?? Seriously...

Lakers2009champs
05-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Lakers vs Rockets

Lakers in 6

Denver vs Dallas

Dallas in 6

*Denver is not as good as their record, they will NOT do to dallas like they did to N.O.

davi78239
05-02-2009, 02:40 PM
My predictions......

Lakers in 6....5 at the least

Denver in 6

DAF86
05-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Is there really any point to doing this anymore, timvp?? Seriously...

Shhhhhhh, don't fuck it up.

SouthTexasRancher
05-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Lakers vs. Rockets = Lakers in 5

Nuggets vs. Mavettes = Nuggets in 6

UltimA
05-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Lakers/Rockets - Rockets in six

Denver/Mavericks - Denver in seven

crc21209
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Lakers/Rockets- Rockets in 6.

Nuggets/Mavs- Nuggets in 5...6 at the most.

DAF86
05-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Houston has a great defense but they don't have enough firepower on offense, they'll get one or two games max. off the Lakers.

And I just can't see Denver getting to the WCF, I think Dallas will advance.