05-02-2009, 07:25 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_luol_deng.jpg

Luol Deng | SF
Born: 16/04/1985
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 220 lbs. / 99,8 kg.
College: Duke
Years Pro: 4

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/luol_deng/index.html)

2008-09 Statistics
PPG 14,1 RPG 6,00 APG 1,9 EFF + 14,84

I think the Bulls may do it because they have Salmons and they have to re-sign Gordon. Deng could be the long 3 that we've been looking for years.
But then I looked at his contract...

Date # of total
Luol Deng ............. 7/31/08 6 $71 million '14

I think he'd be a great firt but I don't think Spurs would take a 2014 contract unless they thing TP/Deng could be the future

Mark in Austin
05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Salmons is six years older than Deng. If Gordon continues to be a 4th quarter hero in the playoffs, I could see it adding pressure to Chicago to re-sign him. But I think he's most likely out the door.

It wasn't that long ago that I was reading Chi considered Deng "the franchise". Of course, that was before Rose. Still, I'd find it hard to believe that they would be willing to drop him as a salary dump.

Marcus Bryant
05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
For his production, that's a nasty contract.

Mel_13
05-02-2009, 06:36 PM
5 yrs 60M left on contract

missed over 50 games over the course of the past two seasons

too much cost and risk for the potential reward

exstatic
05-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Yeah, it's amazing how some of these players look like someone you might want, right up until they get paid. $12M a year, on average, is WAY too much for an oft-injured player with a PER of 14.

Mark in Austin
05-02-2009, 06:41 PM

yup. It's a concern for me that his production and games played have declined every year since his breakout season that earned him the extension.

China doll or unlucky on a talented team? It's probably moot, because I think Chicago sees Rose - Salmons - Deng as a better future starting backcourt / swing than Rose - Gordon - Salmons.

TheSpursFNRule
05-03-2009, 04:09 AM
If I were the Bulls i'd trade Deng and Keep Salmons. There team is fine without Deng and his monster contract. Ours is too. Yeah sure it'd be a great pick up but fuck is he expensive.

venitian navigator
05-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Any possible way to trade for him ? I tried lot of times with trade machines, but no way to find a package that works ('cause of rules about the base year compensation stuff).
He could be a risk worth to take if bulls want to dump him for re-signing Gordon (now they have Salmons in the some role that cost less, plays good and has shown good chemistry with team).