05-02-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_corey_maggette.jpg

Corey Maggette | SF
Born: Nov 12, 1979
Height: 6-6 / 1,98
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.
College: Duke
Years Pro: 9

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/corey_maggette/index.html)

Nobaěody talks about that chance ?
Gs and Nelson don't want his contract anymore and already said they made a mistake...
A combination of Bowen Oberto (plus 2^ ch. ?) works perfectly...(G.S. get rid of the contract in one year paiyng just half of the contract afterthey cut both Bowen and Fabri).
Could give us points, rebounds and, sometimes, defense at the wing (and I think i red somewhere he has a good reletionship with some of our players...)

benefactor
05-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Fail.

Bender
05-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I vote NO

angelbelow
05-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Fail lol

TheSpursFNRule
05-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Is he good enough to make a difference? And fuck him for not accepting the MLE. How was your year with the Warriors idiot?

mountainballer
05-03-2009, 08:33 AM
thats funny. when there were talks last summer, that Maggette might sign with the Spurs for the MLE, all people here raved about the chance and called a MLE signing a bargain, because he would in fact be a higher level player.
well, then Maggette signed a contract for the kind of money most people thought he would be worth when he looked heading to SA.
and now the same player at the price people back then saw as appropriate would be available, but suddenly it's a horrible idea. oh well.

ok, not that I had him on top of my wish list, but before the Spurs play another Ime Udoka signing off season, I would be very happy to see Maggette acquired.
if Maggette had signed for the MLE last summer, he would make 6,031,800 in the upcoming season. actually he will make 8,937,931. that's a difference of 2.9 million. sure, also a nice number. but is it really that much? we had several players for that money on the roster in the last years and quite a few wouldn't even have been noticed missing.

so, if the Spurs do a deal like Fab+Bruce for Maggette (and nothing else) I won't complain.

45 bank shot
05-03-2009, 09:00 AM
no way

exstatic
05-03-2009, 09:15 AM
30 at the beginning of next season

Already a china doll

pass

SenorSpur
05-04-2009, 10:14 PM
:lmao

Ditty
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Maggette>Mason

would of helped against dallas

montgod
05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Maggette>Mason

Depends on if he would actually be on the floor or in the hospital...

in that case Mason>>>>>>Maggette

And I am not a fan of Mason.

NewJerSpur
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Maggette>Mason

So I'm gathering you'd be disappointed to see Mase back in a Spurs jersey.

Ditty
05-05-2009, 12:36 AM
So I'm gathering you'd be disappointed to see Mase back in a Spurs jersey.

not all espically the fact that my mom bought me a roger mason jersey shirt today at ross:lol

want to be able to wear it out not just asleep

NewJerSpur
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
not all espically the fact that my mom bought me a roger mason jersey shirt today at ross:lol

want to be able to wear it out not just asleep

And with that post, I've finally made it to (and now over) the 1,000 mark. May you wear the jersey in style and may its value triplify this coming season. :toast

Ditty
05-05-2009, 12:45 AM
And with that post, I've finally made it to (and now over) the 1,000 mark. May you wear the jersey in style and may its value triplify this coming season. :toast

congreats i made my 1,000 post earlier also :lol

yah i hope i really like mason but really let me down this post season

NewJerSpur
05-05-2009, 12:53 AM
congreats i made my 1,000 post earlier also :lol

yah i hope i really like mason but really let me down this post season

The team was a letdown in general. It was constructed around the concept of having a healthy Big 3, which it was very competitive with as was displayed in the 1st half of the season. Once two came up lame (although one kept playing) it put that much more pressure on the role players to contribute on a larger scale. Versatility should now become key to some degree with those on the roster who return next season and in filling up the roster this coming season.

duncan228
06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Source: Bucks trade for Maggette (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-maggettebucks062210)
By Yahoo! Sports Staff

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired Corey Maggette from the Golden State Warriors for guard Charlie Bell and center Dan Gadzuric, sources confirmed to Yahoo! Sports.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported the trade.

Mel_13
06-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Source: Bucks trade for Maggette (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-maggettebucks062210)
By Yahoo! Sports Staff

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired Corey Maggette from the Golden State Warriors for guard Charlie Bell and center Dan Gadzuric, sources confirmed to Yahoo! Sports.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported the trade.

Trade fillers aside, the Bucks essentially traded RJ for Maggette.

yavozerb
06-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Most mock draft have the bucks taking a sf with there 1st rd pick. Maybe this will help out the spurs and the bucks will go with a big instead.

TimmehC
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Trade fillers aside, the Bucks essentially traded RJ for Maggette.

RJ trade was exactly one year ago today. Weird.

DesignatedT
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
John Salmons Will Opt Out of His Contract
SportingNews

Few midseason moves had as much of an acknowledged impact on this season’s playoff race as the Bucks’ decision to trade for wing scorer John Salmons. On a team with a strong defensive pedigree, he provided needed shooting and scoring from the perimeter and became a huge part of the team after Andrew Bogut went down with a serious elbow injury towards the end of the season. At the time, the Salmons trade seemed like a decent move, but it turned out to be one of Executive of the Year John Hammond’s best decisions.

It also helped Salmons’ reputation quite a bit, which factored heavily into his decision to opt out of his contract this summer. Salmons had not yet announced his decision, but we now have the verdict. From Sam Amick on FanHouse:

The Milwaukee Bucks have been told by guard John Salmons he will opt out of his contract by the June 30 deadline and become an unrestricted free agent.

"He’s given us indications that he will opt out,” Milwaukee general manager John Hammond, named NBA Executive of Year in part because of last February’s acquisition of Salmons from Chicago, said in an interview Tuesday with FanHouse. […]

While Salmons is expected to become a free agent, Hammond hopes to re-sign him. "We’d love to have him back,” Hammond said of Salmons, whose Bucks went 20-8 after the guard first played following his February acquisition from the Bulls. "And he knows it.”

Amick also notes that Michael Redd will not opt out of his gigantic contract, which is the NBA version of a "dog bites man" story if there ever was one.

There are few surprises here. Salmons was a key part of Milwaukee’s playoff run and did himself a world of good, plus he probably does not want to become a free agent during the lockout summer of 2011. This way, he can bypass that mess while setting himself up as either a valuable re-signing for the Bucks or a nice secondary piece in this summer’s free agent lottery.

In the end, though, I’d expect Milwaukee to bring him back. It’s unclear how much Salmons wants, but a reasonable raise seems in line with his performance this spring. It’s the Bucks’ way of showing him that he matters to their future as well as their past.

duncan228
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
This move likely means that Salmons has told the Bucks h intends to opt out and test the FA market.

Yup.

John Salmons Will Opt Out of His Contract (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-johnsalmonswilloptou)

ChuckD
06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Well the Bulls must feel stupid.

:lol No shit. They're desperately trying to dump salary, and traded Salmons, thinking he wouldn't opt out.

Golden State saved a LOT of money on this. Gadzuric is an ending contract and Bell has only one year beyond next, and doesn't make much.

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Bucks Acquire Maggette From Golden State

The Golden State Warriors have sent Corey Maggette and the 44th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft to the Bucks for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric, the Warriors announced on Tuesday. “Corey has been a consistent scorer throughout his career,” said Milwaukee GM John Hammond. “He shoots a solid percentage from the field and has shown the ability to get to the free throw line. We’re looking forward to having him in a Bucks uniform.” “Charlie and Dan are two high-character veterans who can provide us with some of the intangibles that we need on our squad,” said Golden State GM Larry Riley. “They are both experienced veterans who will be welcomed additions to our very young team. Additionally, while we certainly wish Corey well and thank him for his outstanding contributions the last two years, this will help alleviate a log-jam that we have at small forward and, more importantly, power forward, where we expect both Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph to return from injuries and play an increased role on our team next season.”

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67365/20100622/bucks_acquire_maggette_from_golden_state/#ixzz0rdCnzmJW

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I have faith in that new owner. And really the Warriors have a lot of really good and really young players. Monta Ellis, Steph Curry, Beindrich, Randolph. That's a hell or a core that has plenty of room to improve and get more talent.

Who the fuck is Biendrich? The mutant cousin of Biedrins and Hinrich? :lmao ;)

What do you guys think about this trade for the Bucks? I think it's a risk that Maggette's ball-hog instincts detract from Bogut, Jennings and Delfino. I wonder if they were consulted about it? However , the Bucks did need a slasher, so it makes sense in those terms. I wonder if they'll start him or make him the 6th man so that he can tear apart other teams' benches while Bogut is taking a rest?

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Who the fuck is Biendrich? The mutant cousin of Biedrins and Hinrich? :lmao ;)

What do you guys think about this trade for the Bucks? I think it's a risk that Maggette's ball-hog instincts detract from Bogut, Jennings and Delfino. I wonder if they were consulted about it? However , the Bucks did need a slasher, so it makes sense in those terms. I wonder if they'll start him or make him the 6th man so that he can tear apart other teams' benches while Bogut is taking a rest?
Biendrich is also known as the clone of Arvydas Sabonis, way younger version though.