PDA

View Full Version : Celtics and Spurs

dbestpro
05-03-2009, 11:41 AM
There have been a lot of excuses for Bonner, Mason and the bench in that they were not suppose to be starters and that they folded because they were asked to do more than they were capable of. So, the question is does the success of Scalabrine and the Bench of the Celtics make this argument bs?

JamStone
05-03-2009, 11:57 AM
No, the Dallas Mavericks being a much better team than the Chicago Bulls makes it a bullshit argument.

GOSPURS733
05-03-2009, 12:04 PM
no dallas is alot better team then the bulls

Flux451
05-03-2009, 01:41 PM
There have been a lot of excuses for Bonner, Mason and the bench in that they were not suppose to be starters and that they folded because they were asked to do more than they were capable of. So, the question is does the success of Scalabrine and the Bench of the Celtics make this argument bs?

Celtics bench showed up to the playoffs, ours didn't

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Celtics beat a mediocre Bulls team, and it took them 7 games, including a number of tough buzzer beaters..

45 bank shot
05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Celtics bench showed up to the playoffs, ours didn't

n why this happen is that our bench is old, small and unathletic.
when it comes down to playoff time, nobody will allow u to take wide open Js. Instead, u need to work ur shots. Our bench doesnt' have the ability to slash or creating our own shots.
If there's no major upgrade for the bench, we can pretty much kiss next season goodbye

anonoftheinternets
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
celtics beat a mediocre bulls team, and it took them 7 games, including a number of tough buzzer beaters..

+1

Jace
05-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was simply a matter of the Celtics playing an easier team.. I think their bench stepped up whereas the Spurs bench took a couple steps back

TampaDude
05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Spurs' bench was MIA in the playoffs this year.

Morg1411
05-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Celtics beat a mediocre Bulls team, and it took them 7 games, including a number of tough buzzer beaters..

I'd hardly say the Bulls are a mediocre team.

Spursmania
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
A couple of Spur starters and the bench players were not good enough to wash Duncan's uniform. Spur bench players and a couple of starters failed miserably in their respective roles. I would say 2 things:
1. The Mavs are better than the Bulls; and
2. The Celtics' bench is better than the Spur bench.

Hopefully, the FO makes some necessary changes.

sananspursfan21
05-04-2009, 10:38 PM
mavs know the spurs. they know exactly how to beat them, and i thought vice versa

dbestpro
05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Watching Boston and their bench against Orlando just shows us how badly Bonner and the rest really played. Starter, bench player, or bench player thrust into the starting line up if you are in the NBA you must be held accountable. The heart of those players not named Duncan and Parker must be held accountable.

montgod
05-06-2009, 08:14 PM

For one, you forget that this is the East. If the Spurs switched conferences, I could easily see them still in the hunt.

Secondly, as other posters have already stated, the Spurs bench just didn't show up this year and the Celts bench has for the most part in the absence of KG.