PDA

View Full Version : PAO Wins Euroleague Championship! Spanoulis Is MVP!

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/berlin-2009/main-page/i/49297/2772/item

and here is the video!:rollin

http://euroleague2008.infrontams.biz/pubb/popup.php?id=3098

All the haters can take that! :ihit:rollin:blah:lol:downspin::p:

PAO trophy ceremonies video

http://euroleague2008.infrontams.biz/pubb/popup.php?id=3099

BlackSwordsMan
05-03-2009, 04:00 PM
euroleague must be really shitty if he's the MVP

Indazone
05-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Lol does this mean he joins the Spurs now?

Double-Up
05-03-2009, 05:14 PM
:deadhorse

Muser
05-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Lol does this mean he joins the Spurs now?

If he does don't worry, we'll probably trade him to your Rockets.

Bob Lanier
05-03-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/philosophy/courses/211/tree%20falling.jpg

Bukefal
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Congrats, but it doesnt mean he will join the spurs, nor he is talking with the spurs, nor he is the spurs saviour, nor is bourousis. So your point is? Stop the speculations. If the spurs management talks with one of them, then its the time to discuss him and bourousis, then you will receive an invite of spurstalk to share your views about them joining the spurs. not now, not necessary. :)

BUMP
05-03-2009, 05:34 PM
GTFO with this Euroleague trash that nobody cares about. You always post in this forum expecting someone to give a damn, but we dont. Thats why they are overseas playing in some unknown country where you live because they arent good enough to cut it here.

God it must suck to live in the shadow of the NBA your whole life.

tso & lo Cavfanatic
05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Spanoulis and some other players who aren't good enough for NBA according to you beat USA three years ago.

DAF86
05-03-2009, 06:08 PM
GTFO with this Euroleague trash that nobody cares about. You always post in this forum expecting someone to give a damn, but we dont. Thats why they are overseas playing in some unknown country where you live because they arent good enough to cut it here.

I don't know if you're fucking around or not, but there're lots of players (hundreds) playing in the Euroleague that talent wise could be playing in the NBA, but they don't for many different reasons.

tso & lo Cavfanatic
05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't know if you're fucking around or not, but there're lots of players (hundreds) playing in the Euroleague that talent wise could be playing in the NBA, but they don't for many different reasons.
:toast

Hemotivo
05-03-2009, 06:12 PM
congrats pantytacos

:toast

DaDakota
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Congrats VSpan, now come back to Houston, we could use you at PG.

DD

BUMP
05-03-2009, 07:10 PM

Prove it then, nobody in Europe right now can play in the NBA. Did you see the Olympics? We looked like Germany in WWII the way we stomped through Europe's best players.

If they were that good, they'd be in the NBA bottom line.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Prove it then, nobody in Europe right now can play in the NBA. Did you see the Olympics? We looked like Germany in WWII the way we stomped through Europe's best players.

Fuck off racist scum.

mavs>spurs2
05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
See, a guy that can't even get off the bench in the NBA is MVP of that shitty league. Thanks for proving our point KBP

Nick, the Nazi
05-03-2009, 07:26 PM
We looked like Germany in WWII the way we stomped through Europe's best players.

Yeah baby, yeah! :king

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah baby, yeah! :king

You morons Germans lost. Fucking pathetic US "education".

DAF86
05-03-2009, 07:28 PM

How do you want me to do that? I would give you the name of some Euro player that I think are worth beign in the NBA and you would tell me they suck ass, even tough you never saw them play in your life.

And of course USA olympic team was going to kick ass (the final was no cakewalk though), they had the best players in the world.

I'm not saying most euroleague players will get to the NBA and be stars, 'cause that is not true. But they'll be better than most role players now in the NBA. For example V-Span is ten times the player Aaron Brooks or Rafer Alston are.

And one last thing, many euro players prefer to remain in Europe 'cause they make more money.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Congrats VSpan, now come back to Houston, we could use you at PG.

DD

Greek media,

After Euroleague final four Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, and LA Lakers are rumor to have offered Spanoulis contracts.

I do not think he will take any though. Before he wanted a lot to come back and prove himself in NBA but he move on since then. He does not care about anymore. He believe with time JVG would be expose as sabotage his career on purpose because he was mad his GM did not give him Mike James as he wanted so he is past it all now.

Red Hawk #21
05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Hola Senor Kill Bill Pana, can you give some updates on Josh Childress?

Lars
05-03-2009, 07:34 PM
You morons Germans lost. Fucking pathetic US "education".

I believe he is refering to the first part of the war when Germany crushed most of Europe. They didnt lose until Allies got involved. (Russia/US)

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Hola Senor Kill Bill Pana, can you give some updates on Josh Childress?

Yes. I think he maybe will come back to NBA. He is once again injured right now. He does not seem to be fitting good in Olympiacos team or system of Giannakis. But then also of course he is make same as $11 million per season in NBA. So base on money issues Josh would for sure return next year to Olympiacos.

I think he can have good season next year. His has improved a bit as a player. His dribbling and shot creating and team defense is getting better. He is developing more. He is a little bit better skilled player now than he was in NBA. He said this year was humble experience and good learning for him. He realize how much work he need to do. He will work on his outside shot this summer because he realize he cannot get by in Europe unless he develop it. It seem everyone who meet him say he is very nice guy. And also he says he is in contact with Hawks players and is talking to them on phone a lot about the NBA playoffs.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I believe he is refering to the first part of the war when Germany crushed most of Europe. They didnt lose until Allies got involved. (Russia/US)

They lost because they ignore dangers of Russian winter. Nothing more.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 07:40 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/berlin-2009/main-page/i/49297/2772/item

All the haters can take that! :ihit:rollin:blah:lol:downspin::p:
And Tony Parker was the NBA Finals MVP...you know...the big leagues...I can't believe you actually said Spanoulis is better than Parker...you're an absolute idiot.

DAF86
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes. I think he maybe will come back to NBA. He is once again injured right now. He does not seem to be fitting good in Olympiacos team or system of Giannakis. But then also of course he is make same as $11 million per season in NBA. So base on money issues Josh would for sure return next year.

I think he can have good season next year. His has improved a bit as a player. His dribbling and shot creating and team defense is getting better. He is developing more. He is a little bit better skilled player now than he was in NBA. He said this year was humble experience and good learning for him. He realize how much work he need to do. He will work on his outside shot this summer because he realize he cannot get by in Europe unless he develop it. It seem everyone who meet him say he is very nice guy. And also he says he is in contact with Hawks players and is talking to them on phone a lot about the NBA playoffs.

He isn't good enough to play FIBA basketball ship his ass back to the NBA :rolleyes

Nick, the Nazi
05-03-2009, 07:43 PM
can you give some updates on Josh Childress?

The most high profile American player in Europe, Josh Childress, fared pretty well in his first ever Euroleague Final Four, posting 11 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 turnovers in 28 minutes. He was hampered somewhat by foul trouble, which he was very visibly frustrated by, both during the game and afterwards in the locker room:

“I feel like a rookie sometimes here, or a freshman in college,” Childress told us. “I never get any calls. It is what it is. I can’t be mad about it. I guess it could be more even.”

Despite the foul trouble, Childress was a major contributor in this contest, doing an excellent job being aggressive with the ball both in the half-court and in transition, notably standing out with his excellent athleticism, but clearly playing within himself and looking very intelligent and unselfish. Defensively, he guarded multiple positions, and did an especially good job on combo guard Vassilis Spanoulis, helping slow him down after a very hot start. He had one especially impressive putback slam off an offensive rebound with about four minutes to go, and managed to get a hand on a last-second desperation tip-back that would have sent the game to overtime, but unfortunately rimmed out. “I hit it a little too hard” Childress lamented.

Childress knew exactly what question was coming next, and was ready to answer it by the time the third word came out of my mouth.

“I don’t know what I will be doing this summer. It’s too early to decide.”

When asked what factors will play into his decision regarding whether or not to opt out of his contract and return to the NBA, a very solemn looking Childress offered few specifics.

“It will come down to personal feel. How I feel at the time.”

Regarding how much financial considerations will help decide that, Childress didn’t think they would be the main one:

“Money isn’t everything. I’m going to make a good living regardless. It will come down to personal preference. Money is money—it’s cool, but it’s not why I live my life.”

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 07:43 PM
How do you want me to do that? I would give you the name of some Euro player that I think are worth beign in the NBA and you would tell me they suck ass, even tough you never saw them play in your life.

And of course USA olympic team was going to kick ass (the final was no cakewalk though), they had the best players in the world.

I'm not saying most euroleague players will get to the NBA and be stars, 'cause that is not true. But they'll be better than most role players now in the NBA. For example V-Span is ten times the player Aaron Brooks or Rafer Alston are.

And one last thing, many euro players prefer to remain in Europe 'cause they make more money.
If V-Span is 10 times as good as Brooks and Alston, why did he ride the bench everywhere he went? Just curious..not trying to be an ass...

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:45 PM
He isn't good enough to play FIBA basketball ship his ass back to the NBA :rolleyes

He is good enough to be a role player for a big club like Olympiacos. Not a star for a big club but a good role player for one.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
If V-Span is 10 times as good as Brooks and Alston, why did he ride the bench everywhere he went? Just curious..not trying to be an ass...

Because you fucking idiot JVG was mad his GM did not give him Mike James like he asked. His GM wanted Spanoulis instead. So JVG benched Spanoulis to spite the GM and he was fired for it after season along with his failures in playoffs. How many fucking times do this have to be explained here?

DaDakota
05-03-2009, 07:50 PM

I will take this...because he had a coach that was totally risk averse, Vspan would have 10 assists and 4 turnovers, and all JVG would talk about are the 4 turnovers.

In his rookie year he shot a very good 2pt percentage and a horrible 3pt percentage, yet JVG continually asked him to stand at the 3pt line....horrible.

VSpan is like Tony Parker, very quick, very good around the rim, and really good mid range jump shooter...actually, he is better than Parker at passing.

Any team that is willing to live with his faults (high risk/high reward passing -ala Steve Nash) would be gettting a gem.

If he stayed in Houston, he would be starting at PG ahead of Brooks and Lowry....he would be NAILS with Scola at the high pick and roll, that is his strength.

He is also very good at perimeter defense he was the best perimeter defender on the Rockets, he contstantly drew charges above the 3pt line....very very good defender...

VSPan has borderline NBA All star talent, he just needs a coach to give him time to adjust to the NBA.

And that was NOT, JVG....

DD

DAF86

The same reason Childress seems to have trouble adapting to FIBA, or the same reason Manu ride the bench during a long period during his rookie season. What if Manu instead of Pop would have had JVG as a coach? there are lots of things, besides talent, that interfer with a player's success.

Amaso
Spanoulis was given his opportunities to be part of the rotation in Houston, he just sucked major ass.

Amaso
05-03-2009, 07:52 PM
VSPan has borderline NBA All star talent

DD

:rollin

DaDakota
Spanoulis was given his opportunities to be part of the rotation in Houston, he just sucked major ass.

Not even remotely true, JVG had him playing out of position and to his weaknesses instead of his strengths.

JVG is a tear em down coach, VSpan would make one mistake and to the bench he would go, never to come back.

Someone like Popovich would bench him, talk to him and put him back in...

VSpan needs someone to trust him...ala Manu and TP early in their careers.

He can play. He just needs time to adjust to the NBA game.

DD

Spursfan092120
Because you fucking idiot JVG was mad his GM did not give him Mike James like he asked. His GM wanted Spanoulis instead. So JVG benched Spanoulis o spite the GM and he was fired for it after season. How many fucking times do this have to be explained here?
I'm sorry, douchey..I don't remember putting a quarter in you...I was asking the other poster. And I don't read crappy posts about players who aren't in the NBA..I'm sorry..I don't keep up with Euro League, because I can't watch it. And like I said..I was asking a question that I didn't know the answer to..hence the ending, when i said "Not trying to be an ass." I really wanted to know the answer. Besides..I don't talk to morons who think V-Span is better than Tony Parker...you're not worth my time anymore, Comcast...go away..

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Apparently Lakers have just made a contract offer to him. So Jackson must like him. I do not think he will take it though. He is content now in Athens.

DaDakota
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry, douchey..I don't remember putting a quarter in you...I was asking the other poster. And I don't read crappy posts about players who aren't in the NBA..I'm sorry..I don't keep up with Euro League, because I can't watch it. And like I said..I was asking a question that I didn't know the answer to..hence the ending, when i said "Not trying to be an ass." I really wanted to know the answer. Besides..I don't talk to morons who think V-Span is better than Tony Parker...you're not worth my time anymore, Comcast...go away..

He is NOT better than Tony Parker, but he has some similar traits. His attack the rim at all costs mentality, his good midrange game...good passing on the high PnR...

VSpan would be great in Houston, or San Antonio, or anywhere the coach allows him to grow and make some risky passes.

DD

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
The same reason Childress seems to have trouble adapting to FIBA, or the same reason Manu ride the bench during a long period during his rookie season. What if Manu instead of Pop would have had JVG as a coach? there are lot of things, besides talent, that interfer with a player's success.
True..I agree with that. It's a different style of game, I suppose. But for KBP to insinuate that V-Span is better than Tony Parker...that's just crazy talk. Please tell me you don't agree with that.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Apparently Lakers have just made a contract offer to him. So Jackson must like him. I do not think he will take it though. He is content now in Athens.
Yeah...apparently the Lakers, with a team that is arguably going to win a title this year, wants to change their whole lineup..that's why they made offers to Bourousis and Spanoulis now...lol...Who would they have to drop to afford the money they'd want to leave Euro League? lol..come on dude...get a grip on reality.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
True..I agree with that. It's a different style of game, I suppose. But for KBP to insinuate that V-Span is better than Tony Parker...that's just crazy talk. Please tell me you don't agree with that.

First you fucking dumbass I said Spanoulis would be better than Parker against Barea and would never let Barea do that to him and second you are a fucking a-hole.

Matchman
05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I will take this...because he had a coach that was totally risk averse, Vspan would have 10 assists and 4 turnovers, and all JVG would talk about are the 4 turnovers.

In his rookie year he shot a very good 2pt percentage and a horrible 3pt percentage, yet JVG continually asked him to stand at the 3pt line....horrible.

VSpan is like Tony Parker, very quick, very good around the rim, and really good mid range jump shooter...actually, he is better than Parker at passing.

Any team that is willing to live with his faults (high risk/high reward passing -ala Steve Nash) would be gettting a gem.

If he stayed in Houston, he would be starting at PG ahead of Brooks and Lowry....he would be NAILS with Scola at the high pick and roll, that is his strength.

He is also very good at perimeter defense he was the best perimeter defender on the Rockets, he contstantly drew charges above the 3pt line....very very good defender...

VSPan has borderline NBA All star talent, he just needs a coach to give him time to adjust to the NBA.

And that was NOT, JVG....

DD

he didnt play within the system and he was too flashy with his passes. The Rockets are not the harlem globetrotters and besides most of his flashy moves in the NBA did not work out. i mean if a player could not beat out Rafer Alston for a job then he seriously suck. period.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah...apparently the Lakers, with a team that is arguably going to win a title this year, wants to change their whole lineup..that's why they made offers to Bourousis and Spanoulis now...lol...Who would they have to drop to afford the money they'd want to leave Euro League? lol..come on dude...get a grip on reality.

I did not say Lakers offer a contract to Bourousis you stupid jerk I said Spanoulis.

DAF86
05-03-2009, 07:59 PM

Of course not. But don't let KBP get to you V-Span is good. at the time of the Scola trade I wasn't so angry 'cause I thought Pop was going to ask Spanoulis to come to the Spurs. But I was wrong :depressed

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
First you fucking dumbass I said Spanoulis would be better than Parker against Barea and would never let Barea do that to him and second you are a fucking a-hole.

I take this back he is better than Tony is. He would absolutely crush Barea.
Shut the f___ up, idiot...you said it in the Spanoulis thread..look up, douchebag. You can't lie in here...everything you say is recorded...lol...idiot.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Of course not. But don't let KBP get to you V-Span is good. at the time of the Scola trade I wasn't so angry 'cause I thought Pop was going to ask Spanoulis to come to the Spurs. But I was wrong :depressed
Not saying he would be bad..not even saying he wouldn't be a decent backup...but for KBP to say he's as good as TP because he has a homo mancrush on him is just ignorant.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Shut the f___ up, idiot...you said it in the Spanoulis thread..look up, douchebag. You can't lie in here...everything you say is recorded...lol...idiot.

I was joke about it because of how Barea was tearing up Spurs you idiot. learn to read. Like I say he is similar to Parker and Williams and I believe this all the way.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I was joke about it because of how Barea was tearing up Spurs you idiot. learn to read. Like I say he is similar to Parker and Williams and I believe this all the way.
Um...learn to read? Dude..I did fucking read it...I also copied and pasted your dumb ass quote..it's a couple of posts above this one. You should learn to read..your exact quotes... "I take this back..he is better than Tony is." That's fucking stupid...period.

DAF86
05-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Not saying he would be bad..not even saying he wouldn't be a decent backup...but for KBP to say he's as good as TP because he has a homo mancrush on him is just ignorant.

V-Span isn't better than Parker, but IMO he has the talent to be a borderline all-star in the NBA. But then again talent isn't everything, maybe he doesn't have the fire or mental strenght to succeed on the NBA.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
V-Span isn't better than Parker, but IMO he has the talent to be a borderline all-star in the NBA. But then again talent isn't everything, maybe he doesn't have the fire or mental strenght to succeed on the NBA.
See...now that's a good statement. I can agree with that. I've seen some of his tapes...he does have the talent to be a borderline all star, yes. But mental strength is more important than physical strength in the NBA. If he doesn't have that, he'd go nowhere here..

DaDakota
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Just read my posts about VSpan, they are a lot more reasonable than KBPanas....

VSpan would thrive in the NBA.

DD

picnroll
05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Given that the Lakers have to sign Ariza and Odom I think it's safe to say that Kill_Bill_Pana and/or his source are full of shit. Of course it would be nice if Lakers did sign him and let Ariza walk. Chances 0 in 100.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Euroleague Final Four MVP video

http://euroleague2008.infrontams.biz/pubb/popup.php?id=3098

lil_penny
05-03-2009, 09:13 PM
V span is barely a roleplayer in the nba, he would be a star in the d league though.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
V span is barely a roleplayer in the nba, he would be a star in the d league though.

The D league? :rollin:lmao are you serious? A player in his level would never set foot in D league.

ElNono
05-03-2009, 09:29 PM
VSpan would probably be a great addition to the Memphis Grizzlies. A team where he can be da man, and finish near last in the West without having any pressure.

BRHornet45
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM
LOL sons ... we should start bragging out our local state high school championships now ...

BUMP
05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
The D league? :rollin:lmao are you serious? A player in his level would never set foot in D league.

The worst player in the NBA>>>>> the best player ever from Europe

there's a reason nobody cares about the FIBA, Olympitacos, Eurocrap whatever its called. Players are over there to waste away their careers because they're too sorry to make it in the NBA. That's a fact jack, prove me wrong

dirk4mvp
05-03-2009, 09:44 PM
VSpan would probably be a great addition to the Memphis Grizzlies. A team where he can be da man, and finish near last in the West without having any pressure.

:nope He'd be about the 5th best player on that team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
PAO trophy ceremonies video

http://euroleague2008.infrontams.biz/pubb/popup.php?id=3099

SouthTexasRancher
05-03-2009, 10:20 PM

bumpywumpy, shouldn't you be spending your time worrying about your little Mavettes? We're all pulling for you...ROTFFLMFAO!!!

BUMP
05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
bumpywumpy, shouldn't you be spending your time worrying about your little Mavettes? We're all pulling for you...ROTFFLMFAO!!!

Your posts somehow make me laugh.....let's be friends sons and drink our sorrows away together as soon as Dallas is eliminated:toast

DAF86
05-03-2009, 10:24 PM

there's a reason nobody cares about the FIBA, Olympitacos, Eurocrap whatever its called. Players are over there to waste away their careers because they're too sorry to make it in the NBA. That's a fact jack, prove me wrong

Your trolling jobs are getting weak, you can't even get KBP riled up. :lol

BUMP
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Your trolling jobs are getting weak, you can't even get KBP riled up. :lol

I still got him a little pissed

Fuck off racist scum.

but seriously i dont understand why this clown posts these articles of Euroleague stuff when there is nobody on here that gives a shit. It's like celebrating the MVP of a high school wheelchair basketball game

http://atlanta.k12.ga.us/1861101118113928800/lib/1861101118113928800/_MG_9460.jpg

TheProfessor
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
It's sad that some fucking Comcast troll from Houston has made it so no one can rationally discuss Euroleague or foreign players on this site.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
It's sad that some fucking Comcast troll from Houston has made it so no one can rationally discuss Euroleague or foreign players on this site.
:tu Euroleague probably has some very good and talented players..this douchebag has made it where I could care less.

DaDakota
05-03-2009, 11:23 PM

100% agree.

DD

Imposter Cleaner
05-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Spanoulis is MVP, that's definitely a good news for Spurs GM. I think the Spurs still have rights for Spanoulis, so Spanoulis would have to become a Spur if he came back to NBA someday, unless the Spurs traded him just like they did with Scola a couple years ago.

DaDakota
05-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Spanoulis is MVP, that's definitely a good news for Spurs GM. I think the Spurs still have rights for Spanoulis, so Spanoulis would have to become a Spur if he came back to NBA someday, unless the Spurs traded him just like they did with Scola a couple years ago.

VSpan's rights are not owned by any NBA team, if he decides to come to the NBA, he would be a complete free agent and able to sign with anyone.

DD

Imposter Cleaner
05-04-2009, 12:00 AM
VSpan's rights are not owned by any NBA team, if he decides to come to the NBA, he would be a complete free agent and able to sign with anyone.

DD
great. Our thunders are just lacking in a mastro that can take care of the back court, I think VSpan deserves our consideration at least.

Darthkiller
05-04-2009, 05:11 AM
the goat team:

Kritic
griffin
durant
westbrook
vspan

Imposter Cleaner
05-04-2009, 05:17 AM
the goat team:

Kritic
griffin
durant
westbrook
vspan
Even without Vspan, our team still is the most potential one in the west and very likely to dominate the western conference in the very near future.

http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-westbrook.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/russell_westbrook.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-sefolosha.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/thabo_sefolosha.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-white.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/dj_white.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-collison.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/nick_collison.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-weaver.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/kyle_weaver.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-atkins.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/chucky_atkins.html) http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-rose.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/malik_rose.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-krstic.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/nenad_krstic.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-livingston.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/shaun_livingston.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-wilkins.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/damien_wilkins.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-green.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/jeff_green.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-watson.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/earl_watson.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-swift.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/robert_swift.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-mason.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/desmond_mason.html)http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/HS-durant.png (http://www.nba.com/thunder/team/kevin_durant.html)

Bukefal
05-04-2009, 05:26 AM

Ok, you are posting such crap! unbelievable. Of course NBA is a stronger league, but euroleague is quite hard my friend. Very good teams, very good players. Why are there so many former euroleague players playing in the nba right now? and its increasing every year? Because they are shit? European basketball is strong too, and its getting better every year, accept it.

Imposter Cleaner
05-04-2009, 05:53 AM
LOL sons ... we should start bragging out our local state high school championships now ...
http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/66/Busted_-_a_present_for_everyone.jpg

You are an imposter, my obligation is to keep this board clean from imposters like you. everyone knows your origin is BRHorent45.

redzero
05-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Who cares about the Euroleague?

Kamnik
05-04-2009, 07:33 AM
KBP cumming all over the forum because V-Span is the MVP... Anyone surprised? :P

DaDakota
05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Who was the Euroleague MVP this year?

DD

Rogue
05-04-2009, 08:44 AM

DD

I wonder if DaDakota and 0 are the same person.

TheProfessor
05-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Every knowledgeable GM and scout in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 12:06 PM

DD

No. Remember there is verbal agreement. He needs to ask Spurs if they want him before he signs with another team. Of course he could do like Boozer and ignore this. But he is a nice guy and he would not do something like that.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 12:44 PM

DD

Navarro

This is how awards work in Euroleague

final four MVP

Original MVP award and most important one it was create as best player on best team type award. Basic like Euroleague playoffs MVP. Anyway it is hardest one to win and main best player award. So is like Euroleague version to NBA MVP award.

The 2001 ones have official asterisk because half of teams were not in each league.

Bob McAdoo 1988
Dino Raja 1989
Toni Kukoc 1990
Toni Kukoc 1991
Predrag Danilovic 1992
Toni Kukoc 1993
Zarko Paspalj 1994
Arvydas Sabonis 1995
Dominique Wilkins 1996
David Rivers 1997
Zoran Savic 1998
Tyus Edney 1999
Zeljko Rebraca 2000
Ariel McDonald 2001* (he was MVP of FIBA)
Manu Ginobili 2001* (he was MVP of ULEB)
Dejan Bodiroga 2002
Dejan Bodiroga 2003
Anthony Parker 2004
Saras Jasikevicius 2005
Theo Papaloukas 2006
Dimitris Diamantidis 2007
Trajan Langdon 2008
Vassilis Spanoulis 2009

Then there is these MVP awards which was not so important really. They do not mean much to be honest because they were just for one stage of season awards but still were for best player of each stage of season. They were only for few years because Euroleague final decide they were kind of pointless and stupid.

regular season MVP

This one would be maybe = to like player of month award in NBA. It is really no more important than that which is why the cancel it. 2001 awards have asterisks because only half of teams compete in each league that year.

Nate Huffman 2001 (he was MVP of FIBA)
Dejan Tomasevic 2001 (he was MVP of ULEB)
Mirsad Turkcan 2002
Joseph Blair 2003
Arvydas Sabonis 2004

top 16 MVP

It is same as regular season like I describe above but was a little more important because was for last 16 group. So same but against little better competition. Again they cancel it because it was pointless award really.

Dejan Bodiroga 2002
Mirsad Turkcan 2003
Arvydas Sabonis 2004

Then this is where actual season MVP award start. This is like NBA regular season MVP I guess. Difference is in NBA season MVP is more prestige but n Euroleague this one is newer and less important and prestige than final four MVP. This is actual a legit award though. Those old ones above for regular season and top 16 were stupid because it was just for one part of season.

Euroleague MVP so this is an important one and legit unlike old regular season and top 16 awards

Anthony Parker 2005
Anthony Parker 2006
Theo Papaloukas 2007
Ramunas Siskauskas 2008
Juan Carlos Navarro 2009

But for Euroleague for NBA fan think of how NBA MVP is for importance be most important and prestige award it is this one. This would be list of players would be same thing as list of NBA MVPs. The other ones is not equal. Like I say before 2001 ones have asterisk because half of clubs did not play in league.

Bob McAdoo 1988
Dino Raja 1989
Toni Kukoc 1990
Toni Kukoc 1991
Predrag Danilovic 1992
Toni Kukoc 1993
Zarko Paspalj 1994
Arvydas Sabonis 1995
Dominique Wilkins 1996
David Rivers 1997
Zoran Savic 1998
Tyus Edney 1999
Zeljko Rebraca 2000
Ariel McDonald 2001* (he was MVP of FIBA)
Manu Ginobili 2001* (he was MVP of ULEB)
Dejan Bodiroga 2002
Dejan Bodiroga 2003
Anthony Parker 2004
Saras Jasikevicius 2005
Theo Papaloukas 2006
Dimitris Diamantidis 2007
Trajan Langdon 2008
Vassilis Spanoulis 2009

So that above is list from 1988-2009 would be same way as NBA fan would think of as NBA MVP list. As can see from list it is not just any crap player can win this. NBA fans is always talk some serious bull shit and lies. Is VERY hard to win this award. Even Manu could only win it during year when half of clubs were not even in the league. Players I bold is ones that would all be for sure in hall of fame. And Raja was like type 20/10 player I think in NBA before he have to leave for personal issue. Also Bodiroga was always consider better player than Peja.

NBA fans always make fun of Edney, Parker, Jasikevicius but they were usefull NBA players. Edney and Parker were starters in NBA and Saras was 6 man in Pacers and could have been starter in Cavs but he left to Europe for more money. Even Langdon was rotation player in NBA for 3 years and he is much better player now than then he is these days like Redick with good defense and ability to make own shot off dribble . Papaloukas and Diamantidis many times had offers to come to NBA they just never did because of money issue. Danilovic had very good NBA first 2 years then left back to Europe for more money. Rebraca was rotation player with Clippers and Pistons.

NBA fans is just full of shit if they think any scrub from NBA can win this award. Just think of how many NBA players have play in Europe and are not anywhere on this list.

DaDakota
05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
No. Remember there is verbal agreement. He needs to ask Spurs if they want him before he signs with another team. Of course he could do like Boozer and ignore this. But he is a nice guy and he would not do something like that.

There is no VERBAL agreement that is illegal. VSpan bought his way out of his San Antonio deal.

If he wants to come back to the NBA, he will sign with whomever gives him the best chance to play his style.

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
There is no VERBAL agreement that is illegal. VSpan bought his way out of his San Antonio deal.

If he wants to come back to the NBA, he will sign with whomever gives him the best chance to play his style.

DD

Not true. He was release from his contract. He then pay back Rockets for buyout to PAO and he give up all salary from Spurs. Then PAO sent Spurs over 1 million euros fee to secure him.

There is an actual agreement between managers of PAO and managers of Spurs ever since then. If you do not believe it that is up to you. But ever since then Spurs are working on many things with PAO in Europe. if he did want to come to NBA he would talk with the Spurs. If the Spurs did not want him he would go to another club.

But there is relationship now with Spurs and PAO. Popovich and Obradovich and Spurs and PAO managers all work on things in off season. It is like the Spurs European help.

ploto
05-04-2009, 02:47 PM
There is an actual agreement between managers of PAO and managers of Spurs ever since then.

An NBA free agent is an NBA free agent- He can sign wherever he wants and the Spurs can not stop him.