PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs today

Ghazi
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Well the beloved Mavs are getting blown out. The weird thing is it doesn't feel like a blowout, Mavs just got sloppy as hell at the end.

In the first half the Thuggets dominated the paint especially w/ Nene. I felt Dirk got shafted on a few calls this half but it was only a 4-PT game at half.

Our guys in blue came out scorching in 2nd half but it was primarily on jump shots. Then the sloppiness began.

At end of day, the guys in blue had 20 turnovers resulting in 29 fast break points too many. We can't help getting outscored in paint but that's something we can control. Kidd had 8-9 turnovers :wow

Not much to say, on to next game!

Brickhouse
05-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Kidd and Terry lead the team in timely TOs. That was some ugly shit going on there.

And just expect Nene and Birdman to emasculate Erika the entire series.

Warlord23
05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I thought Dallas had the perfect start. Dirk was scoring at will and neither Melo nor Billups hit their stride. The problem is you don't match up well with the Nuggets athletic frontline, and they ran roughshod over you. Lol at Birdman shutting Dirk down.

ducks
05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
outcoached and their bench is not nearly as great as denvers

Artest93
05-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Just want to punch J.R Smith, and carmelo in the face

Findog
A lot of those turnovers weren't even the result of Denver pressure, they just got real sloppy. There's some positives to take from this game, they kept Billups and Melo from really going off, Dirk had his game working, but their bench really stepped up while ours did not.

We do need to get G2. We have to protect HC and then we have four shots to take one there. I think if we go back to Dallas down 0-2, it will be extremely hard to turn around and win 4 out of 5. But if we get the split, we'll be in good shape. I'm disappointed that we unraveled in the 4th, but we still have an opportunity to get the split. I'll be despondent only if we come back home down 0-2. That would not bode well at all.

Ghazi
A few more thoughts:

I thought Dirk had a solid game, all things considered
J-Ho was invisible after the ankle injury
Terry was decent, but didn't really make an imprint
Perturbing that the Nuggets won despite quiet games from melo and Billups

Findog
05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Perturbing that the Nuggets won despite quiet games from melo and Billups

Carter, Smith and Birdman all were great off the bench. Them picking up the slack and the Dallas turnover extravaganza in the 4th is the story of this game.

ducks
05-03-2009, 05:11 PM
chauncy went off against hornets because his teamates were nervous
chauncy knows if he knows if he needs to score or pass

Ghazi
Agreed. Also agreed that the turnovers were primarily due to sloppiness rather than Nuggets pressure.

ducks
Just want to punch J.R Smith, and carmelo in the face

why they act better then the cavs bench when they score

ducks
05-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Agreed. Also agreed that the turnovers were primarily due to sloppiness rather than Nuggets pressure.

got to love the mental state of the soft mavs huh

Ghazi
05-03-2009, 05:13 PM

4-1 puta

Brickhouse
05-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Nene and Birdman ALWAYS have career games against the Erica. The Mavs should just take that into account. I've never seen Erica win that matchup.

And JR and Carter can neutralize and oftentimes outplay Terry.

The ONLY advantage the mavs have is Dirk and he can be roughed up with some physical play.

Again, bad matchup.

Findog
05-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Excuse me, why are you in this thread? This thread is about the playoffs. I think there's a Spurs thinktank subfolder where you can discuss the offseason and any potential roster moves for your team that is no longer playing.

scanry
05-03-2009, 05:16 PM
4-1 puta

I hate to say this, but hey :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: faggot. :lol

Muser
05-03-2009, 05:17 PM
29 points from Turnovers says it all, cut down on them = Game 2 win for Dallas.

Ghazi
05-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Anyone who insinuates the Mavs lost this game cause of mentality is dumb.

Bottom line, 20 turnovers, 29 fast break points.

The domination in the paint was to be expected given regular season trends (Nugs 2nd, Mavs 30th).

But can't commit 20 turnovers and get outscored 29-2 in fast break.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Kidd and Terry lead the team in timely TOs. That was some ugly shit going on there.

And just expect Nene and Birdman to emasculate Erika the entire series.

What are you talking about?

The game didn't go to shit up until Damp went out with 4 fouls and stayed out because of the injury.

It was 63-63 when Damp went out.

scanry
05-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Excuse me, why are you in this thread? This thread is about the playoffs. I think there's a Spurs thinktank subfolder where you can discuss the offseason and any potential roster moves for your team that is no longer playing.

Isn't this is a Spurs board?

BTW if you're so butthurt, Mavstalk is your destination (i'm kidding, that place is awful).

mavs>spurs2
05-03-2009, 05:19 PM

:lmao

scanry
05-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Is it me or does anybody else think that Denver put too much effort into this game. Do they always play like this? They may get blown out in game 2 (or maybe not)..

Indazone
05-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I think Denver always plays like this and ramped it up a notch.

BUMP
05-03-2009, 05:23 PM
to say Denver outplayed us is an understatement. They deserved this game

Findog
05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Isn't this is a Spurs board?

BTW if you're so butthurt, Mavstalk is your destination (i'm kidding, that place is awful).

ducks is a dbag. He's not somebody that can be counted on to provide non-homer takes.

Brickhouse
05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
What are you talking about?

The game didn't go to shit up until Damp went out with 4 fouls and stayed out because of the injury.

It was 63-63 when Damp went out.

So you're saying Damp can win that matchup? Have we been watching the same games with Nene and Birdman getting career highs almost everytime these two teams meet?
Not to mention, can Damp even stay on the floor long enough.

Also the game was close b/c Dirk was hot and Jason Kidd was actually passing the ball to the right team up until that point.

Findog
05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
The Nuggets did force some of the turnovers and altered shots with Birdman's blocks. I think maybe after awhile that the Mavs started to get sloppy and make hasty decisions because they were expecting pressure and started "hurrying up" if that makes sense. They need to take their time and just take care of the ball better. The only thing that makes me feel good is that in the 4th Q when the game broke open, it was more just really bad Dallas execution than it was Denver pressure.

BUMP
05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
but the problem was that we tried to run with Denver when it turned into a track meet. Instead make it a defensive game. Use up like 20 seconds on the clock. Teams that are this undisciplined and aggressive will get frustrated without their easy points off turnovers.

We just started slinging the ball around playing into their hands. If we take up 21 seconds off the clock and miss off a quality look thats gonna be a good posession in this series, maybe even as good as a quick make

Findog
05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=BUMP;3360099]but the problem was that we tried to run with Denver when it turned into a track meet. Instead make it a defensive game. Use up like 20 seconds on the clock. Teams that are this undisciplined and aggressive will get frustrated without their easy points off turnovers.

I disagree. The Nuggets are not a great transition D like San Antonio. I agree you don't want to get into a trackmeet with all of the athletes they have, but the Mavs need to push the ball and get easy baskets when the opportunity is there.

lefty
05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, they are playing a healthy team this time.

mavs>spurs2
05-03-2009, 05:28 PM
What the fuck was up with Kidd this game? He had a meltdown, it must be something in the Dallas air. He never had a playoff game like this in his life up until today. He looked like a scared 10th grade point guard playing his first game on varsity.

Ghazi
05-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, they are playing a good team this time.

Fixed

BUMP
05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE]

I disagree. The Nuggets are not a great transition D like San Antonio. I agree you don't want to get into a trackmeet with all of the athletes they have, but the Mavs need to push the ball and get easy baskets when the opportunity is there.

Selective fastbreaking is one thing, but they were just playing out of control the entire 4th. And the problem is that Denver has so many shotblockers our fast breaks turn into quick jump shots. If it's a clear advantage like a 2 on 1 then you try and score otherwise pull it out there will probably be somebody open trailing anyway

Mugen
05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
5-0 during the season means the nuggets are clearly the better team so id be shocked to see this series go to six.

Ghazi
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Mavs paid 5.5 mill for Diop

Nugs got Birdman for under 1 mill

:(

SouthTexasRancher
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
And the Nightmare begins for the Dallas Mavettes. Once again we are all watching the Mavettes self destruct before our eyes. It must be pure HELL to be a Mavette fan and have to continuously live through the agony of defeat and never experience the thrill of victory known as being the NBA/World Champions! It is good to be a Spurs fan as we ramp up this summer to win Trophy #5 next season. We'll have everyone healthy including the 4 or 5 new, young, athletic Spurs to play alongside studs like Tim, Tony & Manu.

I'd like to feel for you ladies but, since all of you have become such big mouth assholes I just can't. San Antonio and South Texas will root for anyone BUT, the Mavettes & Fakers!

Go Denver!!! bumpywumpy's new team now that he has jumped off of the good ship Dallas Titanic aka Dallas Mavettes!

Have fun and a good evening ladies!!! ROTFFLMFAO

lefty
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Fixed

Truth hurts ? :lmao

Brickhouse
Mavs paid 5.5 mill for Diop

Nugs got Birdman for under 1 mill

:(

Don't ever question Big Poppa Donnie :nope

Holmes_Fans
So you're saying Damp can win that matchup? Have we been watching the same games with Nene and Birdman getting career highs almost everytime these two teams meet?
Not to mention, can Damp even stay on the floor long enough.

Also the game was close b/c Dirk was hot and Jason Kidd was actually passing the ball to the right team up until that point.
What are you talking about guy?
Anderson = 3, 0, 15, 7 in the four meetings. 6.25 pgg, 6.4 in reg season.
Nene = 19, 12, 20, suspension. 17ppg, avg 14.6 in reg season

So ya dumbass. They perform right around where they usually do.

mavs>spurs2
05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Somebody bust out the Donnie troll

Brickhouse
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
What are you talking about guy?
Anderson = 3, 0, 15, 7 in the four meetings. 6.25 pgg, 6.4 in reg season.
Nene = 19, 12, 20, suspension. 17ppg, avg 14.6 in reg season

So ya dumbass. They perform right around where they usually do.

The only dumbass is the one watching the games who can't plainly see that Damp has trouble guarding mobile, athletic centers like Nene. Expect him to average 20 points this series and/or get Erica in constant foul trouble.

spursfan1000
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah get used to it because the Nuggets are a better team than the Spurs with a injured manu.

BUMP
05-03-2009, 05:40 PM
And the Nightmare begins for the Dallas Mavettes. Once again we are all watching the Mavettes self destruct before our eyes. It must be pure HELL to be a Mavette fan and have to continuously live through the agony of defeat and never experience the thrill of victory known as being the NBA/World Champions! It is good to be a Spurs fan as we ramp up this summer to win Trophy #5 next season. We'll have everyone healthy including the 4 or 5 new, young, athletic Spurs to play alongside studs like Tim, Tony & Manu.

I'd like to feel for you ladies but, since all of you have become such big mouth assholes I just can't. San Antonio and South Texas will root for anyone BUT, the Mavettes & Fakers!

Go Denver!!! bumpywumpy's new team now that he has jumped off of the good ship Dallas Titanic aka Dallas Mavettes!

Have fun and a good evening ladies!!! ROTFFLMFAO

Oh great to top off this disappointing loss we have SouthTexasDoucheBag to come through and put in his two cents (if we want to call that English anyway).

Anyway i'm already pissed off, time to go beat my wife!:ihit:ihit:ihit

SouthTexasRancher
05-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh great to top off this disappointing loss we have SouthTexasDoucheBag to come through and put in his two cents (if we want to call that English anyway).

Anyway i'm already pissed off, time to go beat my wife!:ihit:ihit:ihit

Yep, bumpywumpy, we the good citizens that root for the SA Spurs have learned how to fight in the sewer from you Mavettes. There used to be some mutual respect between fans of both teams but, after seeing how childish you Mavette fans really are I thought hey, what the heck, I'll jump on that dirty bandwagon for the 4 game Denver series.

Go Denver and Cleveland...!

spursncowboys
05-03-2009, 06:03 PM
4-1 puta
:lobt2:

spursncowboys
05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
sweep.

endrity
05-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Kidd has to play better. To me he is the number one reason why the Mavs lost today. He did play some good defense on Chauncey, however that also had a lot to do with Chauncey happily taking a step back and facilitating the game for the frontline who was dominating. Kidd was EXTREMELY sloppy all game long, in addition to the 8 turnover he could have easily have had more. In order for the Mavs to win game 2, Kidd has to play better.
Also:
1) let's hope Josh is healthy, he started of very well, attacking Kleiza at any opportunity, but after he turned his ankle he was not the same player.
2) the Mavs have to cope better with the physicality, I don't know what the chances of that are, but they have to learn to use that against the Nuggets, and get fouls out of them.

cobbler
05-03-2009, 07:34 PM
5 games each series then its Nuggets vs Lakers for the WCF.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2009, 07:46 PM
:lobt2:
and don't forget :lobt2: :lobt2: and :lobt2: