PDA

View Full Version : MLE, what do the Spurs do with it?

DMX7
05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
It's been said many times before but I'll just say it again. I want the Spurs to go after Mr. Ariza of the Lakers. They can't afford to keep him and we can go after him with that in our back pocket.

What do you want the Spurs to do with it?

Dr. Gonzo
05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
I think they are going to spend it.

Yuushi12
05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
get a player who can help the team in both ends of the floor

DMX7
05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I think they are going to spend it.

Obviously, but who should they go after?

Obstructed_View
05-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Ariza would be great, but we can trade for a SF or draft one as several teams will be looking to get out of the first round. Gist will play some next year as well. Bigs are harder to find so I would like to see us go after Chris Anderson, R Wallace, R Hollins or Gortat( who I think could be a steal) and Rasho as a last resort.

Then use the LLE for SF/SG....G Green, R Carney, Wafer.......but again we can always trade for one as we have many expiring contracts.

What I would like to see

MLE/ Gortat, trade for RJ
MLE/Gortat, trade for Maggette
MLE/Wallace, LLE R. Carney

If we could get Gortat and RJ we will or Wallace and RJ we will be wearing rings next year.

MLE/Ariza...LLE Wafer/Gortat or/ Rasho not a bad deal either.

I'm sooo glad you aren't in charge of scouting talent...

ducks
05-04-2009, 12:11 AM
tp will be ticked if they do not use it

SenorSpur
05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I'd like to see the Spurs try and trade for John Salmons, as an immediate replacement for the starting SF position. The MLE can be used to sign a big or break it up over 2 different players.

montgod
05-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Ariza would be great, but we can trade for a SF or draft one as several teams will be looking to get out of the first round. Gist will play some next year as well. Bigs are harder to find so I would like to see us go after Chris Anderson, R Wallace, R Hollins or Gortat( who I think could be a steal) and Rasho as a last resort.

Then use the LLE for SF/SG....G Green, R Carney, Wafer.......but again we can always trade for one as we have many expiring contracts.

What I would like to see

MLE/ Gortat, trade for RJ
MLE/Gortat, trade for Maggette
MLE/Wallace, LLE R. Carney

If we could get Gortat and RJ we will or Wallace and RJ we will be wearing rings next year.

MLE/Ariza...LLE Wafer/Gortat or/ Rasho not a bad deal either.

Wow... I didn't think I would EVER see Maggette mentioned as a possible Spur again. There really are suckers born everyday....

The other possibilities wouldn't be bad at all except for Rasho. but we all know the Spurs will lay low and not even go after a RFA. So cancel Gortat out of any possibilities.

Imposter Cleaner
05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Ariza and Sheed both deserve and are likely to accept the MLE.

sexinthatsx
05-04-2009, 01:02 AM
that's very nice, but getting trevor ariza is impossible. He grew up in LA, played @ UCLA, and is now playing for a title contending team in the lakers. Unless lakers lowball the shit out of him, there's no way he's coming to the spurs.

Alongside that fact, with the MLE, we can probably use it to resign gooden, or a center to help Tim Duncan out

Danny.Zhu
05-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Maybe FO will not spend in order to make the bottom line look good.

Darthkiller
05-04-2009, 05:14 AM
the polish hammer!

urunobili
05-04-2009, 08:58 AM
V-Span & Ariza