PDA

View Full Version : International Prospect: Vassilis Spanoulis

Obstructed_View
05-04-2009, 12:07 AM
http://media2.feed.gr/filesystem/images/20071001/engine/goalnews_LARGE_t_1041_449084_type11442.jpg
Height: 6-4
Weight: 195
Born: Jul 8, 1982 - Larissa, Greece

Do the Spurs still have Spanoulis' rights? If so does he count as a second round draft pick or as a free agent?

timvp
05-04-2009, 12:17 AM
The Spurs don't have any rights to Spanoulis. He'd count against the cap as a free agent.

He'd probably take up at least a portion of the MLE to bring over. I doing think he fits enough of a need for it to make sense.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Never heard of him.

DAF86
05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I LOL'd when I read the thread's title.

We don't need him now.

Ditty
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
you had to get that picture :lol

Obstructed_View
05-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Meh, if he's willing to come to the Spurs and work for minutes as a backup point guard then I'm all for it. If he still has is "In Greece I'm Tracy McGrady" T shirt then I'll pass. I already ignore the vast majority of what KBP posts here anyway.

05-04-2009, 03:40 AM
how come the spurs no longer has his rights? even though i don't think he would fit in with the spurs, his rights would have been a great trade chip.

mattyc
05-04-2009, 07:51 AM
how come the spurs no longer has his rights? even though i don't think he would fit in with the spurs, his rights would have been a great trade chip.

Spanoulis was traded by the Rockets to the San Antonio Spurs on July 12, 2007 along with a 2009 second-round draft pick in exchange for center Jackie Butler and the rights to Argentinian power forward Luis Scola. On August 19, 2007 the Spurs released Spanoulis, giving him the chance to return back to Greece to play for the Panathinaikos Athens Greens as he had requested. This was officially announced on August 23, 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasileios_Spanoulis

stxspurs
05-04-2009, 08:12 AM
wasnt it a "gentlemans agreement" that if they wanted unibrow that he would give the spurs first shot for letting him out of his contract to go back to his family

jason1301
05-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Meh, if he's willing to come to the Spurs and work for minutes as a backup point guard then I'm all for it. If he still has is "In Greece I'm Tracy McGrady" T shirt then I'll pass. I already ignore the vast majority of what KBP posts here anyway.

No man, that was JVG quote, Spanoulis's mentor is Yiannakis, and his current coach is Obradovic, you don't play for neither of those two if you have that mentality.

Those two are the only professional coaches Spanoulis ever had, two of the best Europe has to offer, both of them great teachers. Spanoulis had trouble adjusting to JVG's coaching. He expressed his frustration on his personal blog --in Greek-- to which JGV responded "In Greece he maybe T Mac, but here we have the real McGrady." which is pure BS if you ask me, he never really gave him any chance to be a part of the team.

Spanoulis was not JVG's choice, spanoulis negotiated and signed a deal with the team owners, they believed in him, but JVG while wasn't present, Spanoulis was promised playing time, and was reassured that he will be given time to adjust to the NBA game. JVG had other plans, I would be upset too.

Biggems
05-04-2009, 08:18 AM
we dont need him....but at least he and his lover look happy in the picture...i guess he likes older men. that fella behind him to his left looks kinda jealous of old shorty.

Danny.Zhu
05-04-2009, 08:53 AM
He just got Euroleague Basketball’s 2009 Final Four MVP......

urunobili
05-04-2009, 09:00 AM
So guys... we gave up his rights for nothing? NADA? the only way we could get over the Scola trade would be if this guy becomes legit on our roster...

TheProfessor
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
So guys... we gave up his rights for nothing? NADA? the only way we could get over the Scola trade would be if this guy becomes legit on our roster...
We got rid of Jackie Butler's contract and under the salary cap, if I'm not mistaken. In retrospect, yeah, we got hosed. So it goes.

Streakyshooter08
05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I think the Spanoulis discussion got a little bit out of hand last offseason. The problem is some only see black and white in the sense that he either busts or plays awesome. He for sure is a good baskeball player. If he could be successfull under Pop as a PG (which he would play if you have Gino and Mason at the 2) is another question. If he would come over for the right price I would give him a chance. Of course you go after a big or a SF first.

urunobili
05-04-2009, 10:27 AM
We got rid of Jackie Butler's contract and under the salary cap, if I'm not mistaken. In retrospect, yeah, we got hosed. So it goes.

what this reply to my post has to do with giving up V-Span rights?

TheProfessor
05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
what this reply to my post has to do with giving up V-Span rights?
I was under the impression that V-Span, in order to get released from his contract and return to Greece, reduced the buyout to zero.

kace
05-04-2009, 10:40 AM
he would play PG here. so, with tony and hill, i really don't think it's a priority for us. PASS.

urunobili
05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
he would play PG here. so, with tony and hill, i really don't think it's a priority for us. PASS.

Mmm.. i am not so sure about that... He was playing the 2 with PAO with Jasikevicius running the point... i think he is a gr8 solution and he can play both the 1 and the 2... a solidified veteran under the right leadership could thrive... hey even TP tried to lure him to come last time they faced eachother on intl competition...

He could be productive getting either 1 or 2 minutes. I like V-Span for us

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
wasnt it a "gentlemans agreement" that if they wanted unibrow that he would give the spurs first shot for letting him out of his contract to go back to his family

Yes.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 01:41 PM
we dont need him....but at least he and his lover look happy in the picture...i guess he likes older men. that fella behind him to his left looks kinda jealous of old shorty.

That is the head of the club you moron.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I was under the impression that V-Span, in order to get released from his contract and return to Greece, reduced the buyout to zero.

Yes and PAO also gave Spurs a gift of 1 million euros. But there is also verbal like hand shake agreement that if a NBA team offered him to come back and he wanted to take it then he would ask Spurs first if they wanted to have him and match the offer.

This is as favor for Spurs allowing him to return to his sick mother in Greece, which Rockets would not agree to.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 01:49 PM

His position is point guard but he plays shooting guard with no problem also. There is really no comparison I can think of to him in this way ever except maybe Marciulionis. He is not a combo guard like they say. He is a point guard who can play shooting guard with zero adjustment. There is no player in NBA that is similar really.

urunobili
05-04-2009, 03:03 PM
KBP: question...

Was he playing the 2 on the Eurolegue with Jasikevicious playing the point or it was vice versa? Do you think he could take some minutes at the 2 at NBA the level?

DAF86
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM

Was he playing the 2 on the Eurolegue with Jasikevicious playing the point or it was vice versa? Do you think he could take some minutes at the 2 at NBA the level?

They'd take turns to get the ball up the floor, but from what I saw he played more as a PG.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 05:59 PM

This is how it is in PAO

3 point guards play on floor.

Spanoulis
Jasikevicius
Diamantidis

Spanoulis brings ball up court (he is best ball handler) and he guards other point guard (he is quickest of them)

Jasikevicius plays pick and roll at top of key as a point guard in offense or he plays off ball as a spot shooter and Spanoulis or Diamantidis runs pick and roll. Jasikevicius guards worst offense wing player of opponent. (he is a bad defender)

Diamantidis plays as a point forward player. He will guard best offense wing player of opponent. He will bring ball up court and run pick and roll a little but really he is mainly a spot shooter and a post player.

It is a unique system with 3 point guards in lineup together to close games.

jason1301
05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
This is how it is in PAO

3 point guards play on floor.

Spanoulis
Jasikevicius
Diamantidis

Spanoulis brings ball up court (he is best ball handler) and he guards other point guard (he is quickest of them)

Jasikevicius plays pick and roll at top of key as a point guard in offense or he plays off ball as a spot shooter and Spanoulis or Diamantidis runs pick and roll. Jasikevicius guards worst offense wing player of opponent. (he is a bad defender)

Diamantidis plays as a point forward player. He will guard best offense wing player of opponent. He will bring ball up court and run pick and roll a little but really he is mainly a spot shooter and a post player.

It is a unique system with 3 point guards in lineup together to close games.

man... Obradovic is pure genius!!! I remember Pop being very impressed with the systems Pao runs when we played against them. I just hope some day he joins our coaching group, I know its not going to happen, but what else is left for him to win in Europe?

he has a record of 7 Euroleague titles (with 4 teams) and two triple crowns and is on the way to get his third.

gio_1908
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Great passing game by Panathinaikos vs. San Antonio Spurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmfN3aeeNw&feature=related

from the match 2 years ago

gio_1908
05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
This was for me spanoulis best match on the current 2008/2009 euroleague season. The last playoff game from the Panathinaikos - Montepaschi matchup. He tooked the team to the final 4 that night with his performance.

4y0FkXsg2IQ

05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
problem with v span is that i don't know how he will react again coming off the bench. he obviously wants to start.

Borosai
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
http://media2.feed.gr/filesystem/images/20071001/engine/goalnews_LARGE_t_1041_449084_type11442.jpg
Height: 6-4
Weight: 195
Born: Jul 8, 1982 - Larissa, Greece

Do the Spurs still have Spanoulis' rights? If so does he count as a second round draft pick or as a free agent?

He looks old enough, but I'm not sure... he looks kind of short. Maybe they can take a look at the dude in the pink polo instead.

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Question...and yes, KBP..I'm serious. Is the talent of Spanoulis greater than the potential of George Hill?

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
He looks old enough, but I'm not sure... he looks kind of short. Maybe they can take a look at the dude in the pink polo instead.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

EricB
05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Question...and yes, KBP..I'm serious. Is the talent of Spanoulis greater than the potential of George Hill?

You really REALLY think he's gonna give an honest answer? Plus the numbnuts is from Houston, he doesn't know shit.

jason1301
05-04-2009, 10:58 PM

I lived in Greece when Spanoulis was playing in Marousi, and I have followed his career since then. He could be a Manu type of player given the chance, G Hill could be a Rondo type of player, you can't really compare.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Here is Spanoulis highlights of the Euroleague final 4 MVP

UU5MRc3_GKE&fmtl=18

Yuushi12
05-08-2009, 01:37 AM
he can help but i think i'll take hill's potential over him. if the spurs would get him, they have to trade either of the 2.

Pucho!!!
05-08-2009, 02:15 AM
What about playin him at SG along side parker? Is he really 6'4?

Borosai
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
He appears to be what Pop was trying to make out of Mason: a shooting guard who can handle the ball.

It's worth considering.

Bruno
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
No, thanks.

King
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
You really REALLY think he's gonna give an honest answer? Plus the numbnuts is from Houston, he doesn't know shit.

So, with this logic, I can expect you to not comment on anybody from outside of San Antonio? We can only have regional input on topics?

chreph
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I'd be all for signing V-Span and then trading either Mason or Hill for a SF or another, younger big man. This year we had trade talks involving guys like VC, Marcus Camby, and Richard Jefferson for packages that included them. I'd rather have Spanoulis assume the Mason/Hill role if that meant we could upgrade another spot.

urunobili
05-08-2009, 12:55 PM
V-Span would be part of what I'd call a perfect offseason...

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-08-2009, 01:03 PM
What about playin him at SG along side parker? Is he really 6'4?

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p2/20080818/10/3227596187.jpg

Well in this image Diamantidis (#13) is holding him. He is list as 6-5 by ULEB and 6-6 by FIBA. They are pretty close to each other. Diamantidis look maybe 2 inches taller. So Spanoulis is either 6-3 or 6-4 depend on which height of Diamantidis is correct.

ULEB list Spanoulis at 6-4 and FIBA list him at 6-3 ¾

Diamantidis plays as point forward in Euroleague if this helps.

Bender
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
looks like #13 wants to make out...

Pucho!!!
05-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't mind seein a backcourt rotation of parker, manu, v span and hill. maybe throw mason in there to play sum SG/SF. I just like the idea of our guards all having the ability to penetrate instead of just being spot up shooters! Plus all the pressure would be off Mason so he just do what he does best, Shoot the lights out!

Zocalo
05-08-2009, 07:48 PM
He is an ungodly bad defender... so no. He would ride the bench just like in Houston.

Yuushi12
05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
i wouldn't mind seein a backcourt rotation of parker, manu, v span and hill. Maybe throw mason in there to play sum sg/sf. I just like the idea of our guards all having the ability to penetrate instead of just being spot up shooters! Plus all the pressure would be off mason so he just do what he does best, shoot the lights out!

+1

Pucho!!!
05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
KBP, tell me, how good/bad is his perimeter and team defense? Could it suffice to play in the spurs defensive schemes

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
KBP, tell me, how good/bad is his perimeter and team defense? Could it suffice to play in the spurs defensive schemes

Ignore those fucking dumbasses says he is bad defender. They are fucking morons. He is a very good defender. You NEVER make Greek national team under Giannakis if you are bad defender never in million years. Defense is even more important to Giannakis than is to guy like Jeff Van Gundy.

Bad defender GTFO damn liars see the youtube clips and realize they cannot bash his offense so they make up more lies about his defense. Fucking idiots never stop.

Zocalo
05-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Ignore those fucking dumbasses says he is bad defender. They are fucking morons. He is a very good defender. You NEVER make Greek national team under Giannakis if you are bad defender never in million years. Defense is even more important to Giannakis than is to guy like Jeff Van Gundy.

Bad defender GTFO damn liars see the youtube clips and realize they cannot bash his offense so they make up more lies about his defense. Fucking idiots never stop.

What the hell is your problem?

It is quite pathetic that you can't even articulate yourself in a mature manner.

He is a bad defender.

Via nbadraft.net.

Spanoulis offensively looks like he has all the tools to earn playing time in the NBA, however, his problem is his size and the fact that he moves like a bucket of tar on defense. Most Europeans have this problem of being allergic to defense, but in Spanoulis’ case it seems like doesn’t even bother.

Sorry but not everyone has some unhealthy affection towards your favorite player.

kobyz
05-09-2009, 04:05 AM
he 10 times better than Mason

GioSugar
05-09-2009, 05:52 AM
I am from Greece too, V-Span is a very good defender. He played under coach Giannakis at Marousi and then under Obradovic at Panathinaikos. The first thing you learn with those guys is play defense or go home. There is no player playing in our national team with no defense ability.

He is good shooter and good penetrator , he can play both 1 and 2. I don't know if he still wants to play at NBA. He could take tax free euros from Panathinaikos and be at the top of Europe Leugue.

PS.Sorry for my bad English :(

Pucho!!!
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
its all good. I appreaciate the info my fellow Greek posters. Yea that's what I thought. Greece r one of my favorite NT becuz of their hardnose Defense. They don't play around. They remind me of the Utah Jazz style of play. So, I figured it couldn't be completely true that V Span's D sux, but I understand if ur goin by that sites opinion : )

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-09-2009, 01:30 PM

It is quite pathetic that you can't even articulate yourself in a mature manner.

He is a bad defender.

Via nbadraft.net.

Sorry but not everyone has some unhealthy affection towards your favorite player.

He is one of the best point guard defenders in Europe.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I hope he's never a Spur just because KBP is such a prick.

stxspurs
05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
i would like to see what he can do on the spurs...cut him to seperate eye brows and give him a uni.

better than hill...idk yet but better handler than mason

kace
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
i don't know about KBP. he brings some good informations to this site, even if sometimes a little bit homer with some players

but i'm sure he knows better that some morons who don't know a thing about european basketball, have never see some players actually play basketball and still judge them by their drafnet.net scouting like if it was a sure thing.

Zocalo
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
i don't know about KBP. he brings some good informations to this site, even if sometimes a little bit homer with some players

but i'm sure he knows better that some morons who don't know a thing about european basketball, have never see some players actually play basketball and still judge them by their drafnet.net scouting like if it was a sure thing.

It just comes to show that he gets butthurt if someone has a different opinion of him.

He pawns off things he reads from other boards and then adds BS too it, and we are suppose to respect his opinion? Please... I hope people aren't gullible enough to believe that Bourousis Will Be Spurs Saviour

Kori Ellis
05-10-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't think KBP brings anything valuable to the site. He copies stuff he reads at other boards and from articles online, then acts like he thought of it himself. He's probably never watched any European basketball.

And he attacks people 24/7 with his "fucking morons", "fucking Amerikans" jabber all the time. He's about two posts away from being banned permanently. I'm sick of reading everyone complaining about him.

jason1301
05-10-2009, 02:18 AM
I don't think KBP brings anything valuable to the site. He copies stuff he reads at other boards and from articles online, then acts like he thought of it himself. He's probably never watched any European basketball.

And he attacks people 24/7 with his "fucking morons", "fucking Amerikans" jabber all the time. He's about two posts away from being banned permanently. I'm sick of reading everyone complaining about him.

No, he is probably Greek-American and is fan of Pao, because his dad was and he watches the games on comcast. You can watch most Greek Channels, on comcast.

I know that he is a big fan of Pao since he is not pushing for Diamantidis to come overseas, like he does pretty much every other Greek player!

Diamantidis is to Pao, as Duncan is to spurs, HE IS PAO, he will never leave the team. If he was playing for Olympiacos, I think KBP would be all the place saying he will be "spurs's savior".

Indazone
05-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Actually Spanoulis played great defense the few minutes that Van Gundy inserted him into the lineup.

TheProfessor
05-10-2009, 10:48 AM

:clap :worthy:

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2009, 01:17 PM

:(:depressed

Kori Ellis
05-10-2009, 03:18 PM
:(:depressed

Don't be sad. Just learn how to act more civil.

exstatic
05-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Don't be sad. Just learn how to act more civil.

...and less Greek. Drop the charade. Everyone KNOWS that you are H-Town based and on Comcast.

rayray2k8
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Aw screw that. Kori, don't give this guy any sympathy. He's still doing talking shit to others and I am getting tired of him calling us "fucking morons" and saying that he hopes his players "never go to the declining spurs".
And don't you deny ever saying that KBF.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I think this guy is more happy in the Euroleague and should stay there.

05-11-2009, 06:12 PM
is KBP even a spurs fan? i don't recall ever reading posts by him supporting the spurs. he's just here pimping his greece players.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2009, 03:06 PM

He is a bad defender.

Via nbadraft.net.

It seem draftexpress thinks NBADraft is morons.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Vassilis-Spanoulis-5209/

On defense, he makes excellent use of his size. Due to his ability to follow most point guards in the international game and guard players even after their first step, he is a very sound defensive player and can be a factor in those strict defensive 3-guard systems that Greece almost always uses to strangle their opponent. His defensive positioning is excellent, allowing him to draw offensive fouls very often, while his smarts and strength are not easy for any opponent to overcome.

The fucker that wrote that shit in nbadraft.net is probably Jeff van Gundy. Anyone who sees him play can see he plays good defense.

Zocalo
05-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey... Can you tell me what year it is? It is 2009 correct?

Perhaps you are too obtuse to realize that a scouting report in 2006 doesn't have much significance right now.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey... Can you tell me what year it is? It is 2009 correct?

Perhaps you are too obtuse to realize that a scouting report in 2006 doesn't have much significance right now.

Every European poster that sees him told you he plays good defense. You are going by what some clown writes at nbadraft.net and they do not even have most basic of facts right about most of the international players in their site. Wrong birth dates, wrong heights and weights, wrong teams and leagues they play on etc. But oh yes some idiot that writes for them knows everything.

Zocalo
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Listen dumb ass. Every European poster that sees him told you he plays good defense. You are going by what some clown writes at nbadraft.net and they do not even have most basic of facts right about most of the international players in their site. Wrong birth dates, wrong heights and weights, wrong teams and leagues they play on etc. But oh yes some idiot that writes for them knows everything.

Another personal insult... :rolleyes

It is clear that you are beyond mature discussion.

I am going to report you and hopefully you get banned.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Another personal insult... :rolleyes

It is clear that you are beyond mature discussion.

I am going to report you and hopefully you get banned.

You should be banned for arguing you know better a about a player from a sentence in nbadraft.net than what several posters who watch him play told you in this thread. You should be banned for being such a fascist net nazi.

Zocalo
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
You should be banned for arguing you know better a about a player from a sentence in nbadraft.net than what several posters who watch him play told you in this thread. You should be banned for being such a fascist net nazi.

I should be banned for disagreeing with you... um ok.

You have anything else you want to say or did you run out of insults?

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Once again for second time in three years Panathinaikos won the Triple Crown championship. The greatest club basketball championship in the world after NBA title.

They win Greek Cup, Euroleague, Greek League.

Victory over Olympiacos 94-81 and 3-1 in the series. PAO becomes just 5th team in history of Europe to win 2 Triple Crowns.

Spanoulis was MVP with 27 ranking

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3130/n1995959605317057930188.jpg

Now Spanoulis has accomplished what he came to do with PAO to win Triple Crown. So now he can come to the NBA if he gets the right offer. And all NBA fans that guaranteed Childress would win and be MVP can STFU up now.

rayray2k8
06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

benefactor
06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Any of the second round playoff teams could probably own them badly.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-01-2009, 06:32 PM
http://media2.feed.gr/filesystem/images/20090602/engine/goalnews_LARGE_t_1041_4464311_type11442.jpg

http://media2.feed.gr/filesystem/images/20090601/engine/goalnews_LARGE_t_1041_4464287_type11442.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5118/triplecrown2009.jpg

Spursfan092120
06-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Any of the NBA teams could probably own them badly.
fify

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-01-2009, 10:21 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/item/50070

Euroleague champion Panathinaikos completed a triple crown on Monday night in Athens by rallying to defeat archrival Olympiacos 94-81 in Game 4 of the finals to claim a seventh consecutive Greek League title. The Panathinaikos dynasty now includes five Euroleague titles, 11 Greek League crowns and seven Greek Cup trophies in the last 14 seasons. Overall, Monday's victory marked the 30th time that Panathinaikos has won the Greek League. In Game 4, the Greens rallied from a 51-51 tie early in the third quarter to lead by double-digits for much of the rest of the game and win the five-game series 3-1. Drew Nicholas led the rally and finished with Vassilis Spanoulis as their team's top scorers with 17 points. Antonis Fotsis, also key to the takeover run, added 13 points while Mike Batiste had 11 and Dimitris Diamantidis 10. Olympiacos got 21 points, including 4 of 7 three-point shooting, from Lynn Greer, while Zoran Erceg added 15 points and Josh Childress 10. The Reds were hurt by 19 turnovers, including 6 in the last quarter, when Panathinaikos stretched a five-point lead to double-digits, letting the home fans celebrate the club's newest title nice and early.

With Theodoros Papaloukas back in the lineup after a Game 3 injury, Olympiacos used 11 players to chase Panathinaikos throughout the first half. The Greens relied early on Nikola Pekovic, but he was soon finding foul trouble. A pair of three-pointers by Nicholas and single ones by Kostas Tsartsaris and Fotsis let the Greens take a 28-24 lead after one quarter. As the three-pointer dried up and Pekovic collected more fouls, however, Olympiacos stayed right with the Greens as nine different players, including Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Erceg and Milos Teodosic with 17 points combined, shared in the scoring on the way to a 47-44 halftime scoreboard. Olympiacos tied shortly after halftime, 51-51, on a basket by Childress, but Spanoulis answered to return the lead to the Greens. That sparked something in Fotsis, who drilled another three-pointer to go with the first each by Nikos Hatzivrettas and Dimitris Diamantidis as the Greens suddenly zoomed ahead 64-55. Childress responded for Olympiacos, but Batiste's next basket made the Panathinaikos lead double digits. Greer awoke now for the Reds, however, lowering the difference to 67-62 after three quarters. Panathinaikos was taking no more chances and quickly revived its outside scoring with 3 triples - from Nicholas, Hatzivrettas and Diamantidis - to roll ahead by double digits early in the final quarter. The lead ballooned to 13 points as only Greer and Erceg were responding now for Olympiacos. It was clear already that the Greens were not going to let the victory escape and chance a fifth game on the road. The triple crown was going to be celebrated in OAKA.

rayray2k8
06-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Oh wow.. Lets make a fucking statue out of him. :lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Vassilis Spanoulis is Player of Year in Greece in 2009

So much for all the NBA fans guaranteeing it would be Josh Childress or Jannero Pargo

http://www.eurobasket.com/Greece/basketball.asp?NewsID=161411

Player of the Year - Vassilis Spanoulis (193-G-82) of Panathinaikos Athens
Guard of the Year - Vassilis Spanoulis (193-G-82) of Panathinaikos Athens
Forward of the Year - Jarod Stevenson (200-F-75) of Costa Cafe Marousi
Center of the Year - Nikola Pekovic (210-C-86) of Panathinaikos Athens
Most Improved Player of the Year - Manolis Papamakarios (190-G-80) of Panellinios Athens
Bosman Player of the Year - Nikola Pekovic (210-C-86) of Panathinaikos Athens
Import Player of the Year - Mike Batiste (203-F-77) of Panathinaikos Athens
Domestic Player of the Year - Vassilis Spanoulis (193-G-82) of Panathinaikos Athens
Defensive Player of the Year - Dimitris Diamantidis (196-G-80) of Panathinaikos Athens
Coach of the Year - Soulis Markopoulos of Marousi

1st Team
Vassilis Spanoulis (193-G-82) of Panathinaikos Athens
Lynn Greer (186-G-79) of Olympiakos S.F.P. Pireus
Jarod Stevenson (200-F-75) of Costa Cafe Marousi
Giannis Bourousis (212-C-83) of Olympiakos S.F.P. Pireus
Nikola Pekovic (210-C-86) of Panathinaikos Athens

Zocalo
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
KBP whenever he sees or thinks about Span...

http://images2.rdefined.com/d/1154-2/cum.gif

Obstructed_View
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
He's still a pussy-assed little Momma's boy who's afraid to come back to the NBA and compete with real basketball players.

Blackjack
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
He's still a pussy-assed little Momma's boy who's afraid to come back to the NBA and compete with real basketball players.

Don't hold back O_V.

Tell him how you really feel.:lol

Obstructed_View
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
It's the truth. He couldn't crack the rotation in Houston and whined about it, then had nobody to blame but everyone else for his huge failures. When someone complains that he was promised playing time in order to even show up, you know he's got problems. It was nice of Pop to give him a chance to save face while he ran home to his Mom. He's done an excellent job of making himself the biggest turd in that little toilet of a basketball league.

D-ROB 50
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Vspan = mangina

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-27-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.talkbasket.net/news/spanoulis-mvp-of-the-greek-league.html

Spanoulis MVP of the Greek League

Vassilis Spanoulis topped the voting for the Greek League's MVP with 75 votes, leaving behind Mike Batiste (67), Yannis Bourousis (53), Sarunas Jasikevicius (35) and Nikola Pekovic (23) who were voted in the Ideal Lineup of the season.

"Coach of the Year" in Greece went to Zeljko Obradovic with 142 votes, leaving behind Soulis Markopoulos (109) who brought his team Marousi in the Euroleague for the first time in their history.

Kostas Papanikolaou of Aris won the "Best Rookie" award with 73 votes. Thodoris Zaras of AEL followed with 35 and Milos Teodosic as well as Kostas Sloukas of Olympiacos with 31.

He finally wins the award after having finished 2nd 4 times. So for the year Spanoulis was All-Euroleague Team, All-Greek League Team, Greek League All-Star, Euroleague playoffs MVP, Greek Player of the Year, and Greek League MVP.

So much for the "dominant African Americans" Pargo and Childress that were going to "destroy and embarrass him in Greece".:rollin:lmao:lol:blah:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Did you really need to post that three times?

Spurs Brazil
06-27-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.talkbasket.net/news/spanoulis-mvp-of-the-greek-league.html

Spanoulis MVP of the Greek League

Vassilis Spanoulis topped the voting for the Greek League's MVP with 75 votes, leaving behind Mike Batiste (67), Yannis Bourousis (53), Sarunas Jasikevicius (35) and Nikola Pekovic (23) who were voted in the Ideal Lineup of the season.

"Coach of the Year" in Greece went to Zeljko Obradovic with 142 votes, leaving behind Soulis Markopoulos (109) who brought his team Marousi in the Euroleague for the first time in their history.

Kostas Papanikolaou of Aris won the "Best Rookie" award with 73 votes. Thodoris Zaras of AEL followed with 35 and Milos Teodosic as well as Kostas Sloukas of Olympiacos with 31.

He finally wins the award after having finished 2nd 4 times. So for the year Spanoulis was All-Euroleague Team, All-Greek League Team, Greek League All-Star, Euroleague playoffs MVP, Greek Player of the Year, and Greek League MVP.

So much for the "dominant African Americans" Pargo and Childress that were going to "destroy and embarrass him in Greece".:rollin:lmao:lol:blah:rolleyes

This choker can't play in the NBA

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-27-2009, 07:32 PM
This choker can't play in the NBA

Funny because he will be a starting NBA point guard in 2010.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Funny because he will be a starting NBA point guard in 2010.With what team?

I'm sure the NBA would like to know about this deal.

Spurs Brazil
06-27-2009, 11:20 PM

:lmao :lmao:lmao

Biggems
06-28-2009, 09:28 AM
That is the head of the club you moron.

Hey, Anal Cum Stain.......it was what we in America call a joke, you know, HUMOR. Everyone on this board but your pathetic self got it. Once again, KBP cannot comment on anyone's post without using insults.

KBP be thankful I am not a mod, you would have been gone long ago. However, your stupidity does provide for great comedy, so I guess that is why the mods allow you to remain.

Biggems
06-28-2009, 09:29 AM

Considering that like 20 PGs were drafted in this years draft, and there were already about 15-20 outstanding PGs in the league, I do not see any chance of this clown starting on an NBA roster.

exstatic
06-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Vaseline Spandex will stay in the Greek minor league where he can be close to mama.

Darkwaters
06-28-2009, 01:47 PM
3,767 posts for Kill_Bill_Pana. I wonder just how many of those were directly related to Vassilis Spanoulis. That would make an interesting case study actually.

Obstructed_View
06-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Because being better than Jennaro Pargo means you really have what it takes!

GSH
06-30-2009, 01:29 AM

Welcome to Greece. Where it's OK to just make shit up.

http://chriskc.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/centaur.jpg

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Spanoulis OWNS Team USA

0EsNstnFZA8&fmtl=35

benefactor
08-31-2009, 08:03 AM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/resultsandschedules/rsc=BKM400B09/index.html

lol Greece
lol Vagisilis
lol 4-13 FG 0-5 3FG

ChumpDumper
08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Slovenia OWNS Spamoulis.

Bruno
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm tired with all this BS about Spanoulis. The Think Tank forum hasn't been created for that.

Spanoulis has nothing to do with Spurs. If you want to talk about him, there is a thread in the NBA forum to do that: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83093

I lock this thread. If you get some reliable infos linking Spanoulis with Spurs, just send me a PM and I will re-open this thread.