ploto
05-04-2009, 01:31 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_bostjan_nachbar.jpg

Bostjan Nachbar
Born: July 3, 1980
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 221 lbs. / 100.2 kg.
Born: Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia

Even though Boki signed a three-year deal last summer, it is supposed to include reasonable buy-outs after each season. Toronto reportedly has interest in luring Boki back to the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I love Boki a lot but I do not know if he is good fit for Spurs because of defense. But in offense he could fill Robert Horry role. Way I hear is Knicks already offered him contract.

ata
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
No buy-out. Dinamo didn't pay according to contract - Nachbar is FA.

velik_m
05-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Bring Boki to Spurs!

NFNc1LcUEec

ddaDLDlY484

EricB
05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Im open to it.

He's a solid player.

Kobayagi
05-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Three 3-pointers in less than a minute in a playoff game against Cavs. :fro

-xrOasiD4Go

I don't think I'd want him riding the end of the bench with Pop. :depressed

He'd thrive in D'Antoni's system.

Bruno
05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
IIRC, he owned Malone in a playoff game.

Kobayagi
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM

video (http://www.mojvideo.com/video-bostjan-nachbar-dunks-on-karl-malone-its-boki-time/cb28769e3c4947d15669) :king

good times.

ata
05-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Three 3-pointers in less than a minute in a playoff game against Cavs. :fro

I don't think I'd want him riding the end of the bench with Pop. :depressed

He'd thrive in D'Antoni's system.
+1
I doubt he would fit in Pop's system

benefactor
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Whenever his name comes up this is one of the first things that I think of.

velik_m
05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
+1
I doubt he would fit in Pop's system

He would be better in D'Antoni's system, but i think he would work out in the Pop's system too.
Plus the spurs have been loking for a long three for ages.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212008/photos/nachbar721.jpg

urunobili
05-19-2009, 09:04 AM
It'd be cool to have him... Nachbar>Bonner

ata
05-19-2009, 03:04 PM
He would be better in D'Antoni's system, but i think he would work out in the Pop's system too.
Plus the spurs have been loking for a long three for ages.

Spurs fans or Spurs FO? ;)

EricB
05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Dunno why people think he wouldn't thrive with Pop.

He plays defense a bit, and he is a good spot up shooter.

Solid player.

Bruno
05-19-2009, 03:58 PM
What I don't like with Nachbar is his defense. With Manu at SG, I rather have a SF able to play good defense against top NBA SG/SF.

velik_m
05-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Dunno why people think he wouldn't thrive with Pop.

He plays defense a bit, and he is a good spot up shooter.

Solid player.

Exactly, plus he's versatile, he can play some sg or pf as well.

What I don't like with Nachbar is his defense. With Manu at SG, I rather have a SF able to play good defense against top NBA SG/SF.

As opposed to finley? Boki is not as bad a defender as people think.

Plus are you saying Manu cannot defend those himself? :stirpot:

Bruno
05-20-2009, 01:13 AM
As opposed to finley? Boki is not as bad a defender as people think.

Plus are you saying Manu cannot defend those himself? :stirpot:

Nachbar, Mason and Ginobili aren't good enough defenders to be Spurs' primary option to put on the elite SG/SF.

Aand I'm not against Spurs signing Nachbar if it's for a quite low salary (LLE or less) and if Spurs also get a good defensive SF.

mountainballer
05-20-2009, 02:58 AM
I think he would be a pretty nice player to have, but maybe not as the starting SF, more like a 6th or 7th man. he's versatile enough to fit in several different line ups, this would make him a great asset from the bench. but I agree, he's not the type of starting SF, we need in the first place.
(damn, how sweet it would have been, if this trade for Salmons at deadline had materialized.)

angelbelow
05-20-2009, 04:19 AM
hes got a certain toughness to him that i like. hopefully we get him or another player that we want more.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2009, 04:30 AM
He is better as a PF. He would be better in the Horry role. But his defense is bad at either forward position. In offense he is BY FAR better as a PF that can spread the floor.

velik_m
05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Some game footage (highlight reels can be deceptive):

9fvWdqCn07o

velik_m
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Highlight reel with annoying music:

36ovjFRuAzE

ChumpDumper
05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I like almost everything about his offensive game. If the Spurs could somehow get him to defend like Ferry or Hedo, his signing would be a minor coup.

velik_m
05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't think Boki's defense is nearly as bad as people think. He almost always played in offense-first teams, but he's a smart player and i think he would adapt quickly. He's no Bowen, but i don't think D would be that much of an issue. I don't really remember him ever playing really bad D with national team.
His main strength in defense (besides his size) is his long reach which comes in handy not only with steals, but also with deflecting shots.

ploto
05-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Sometimes, the grass is greener on the other side (of the Atlantic) and sometimes, it’s not.

In an April 26 blog entry on his official website, Boki Nachbar writes about how he and other players haven’t been getting paid by Dinamo Moscow, which was sponsored by a Moscow real estate developer, and what his plans are…

(Translated from the Slovenian…with a little license)

“It became clear in December that the salaries and other commitments to the players started to be very much delayed. I think that we somehow managed (especially with team spirit) to overcome the first months of the crisis til February.

“When I was named best forward in the EuroCup, no one from the club congratulated me.

“Currently, the club in a very difficult situation and it will be interesting to see if it can ever manage to improve things, especially financially. Naturally, my future depends on it. My contract binds me to Dinamo for the next two seasons, but in the contract are stipulations that permit me to leave, especially to the NBA. I wouldn’t be fair to myself if I didn’t consider all the options that will be presented in the following months. I just need to. I have begun ruling on all this by starting to prepare with my agent.

“The only other thought I want to focus on is a victory for the Slovenian coat of arms.”

The Nets still hold Nachbar’s “Bird Rights”, which means they can sign him to a contract without cutting into the MLE. He’s the Nets’ free agent as much as Maurice Ager is. Also, if another team wants him and prefers not to use the MLE, they’ll have to go through the Nets.

Who might be interested? On Boki’s website, he has a list of favorites. His favorite coach? Mike D’Antoni. D’Antoni was his coach in Italy just before the Rockets drafted him back in 2002. Of course, Boki is on the record as saying he would like to return to the Nets and he did speak with Kiki Vandeweghe about returning during the EuroCup championships at the end of March.

http://www.netsdaily.com/blog/?p=754

velik_m
05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
The Nets still hold Nachbar’s “Bird Rights”, which means they can sign him to a contract without cutting into the MLE. He’s the Nets’ free agent as much as Maurice Ager is. Also, if another team wants him and prefers not to use the MLE, they’ll have to go through the Nets.

So the Spurs can get him without using their MLE? We need a CBA expert here.

TheProfessor
05-21-2009, 02:00 PM
So the Spurs can get him without using their MLE? We need a CBA expert here.
Sign and trade?

velik_m
05-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Sign and trade?

Yes sign and trade, but what are the options? Can the Spurs for instance trade Bruce and then Nets cut him, avoiding paying him his salary and the spurs then pick-up Bruce for vet min?
Can other stuff be included in sign and trade (like picks and cash)?

velik_m
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Yes sign and trade, but what are the options? Can the Spurs for instance trade Bruce and then Nets cut him, avoiding paying him his salary and the spurs then pick-up Bruce for vet min?
Can other stuff be included in sign and trade (like picks and cash)?

I did some reading. If i understood it corectly no on the first question and yes on the second.

Or maybe i'm completely wrong. :depressed

:yield

Bruno?

Bruno
05-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Spurs can either use their MLE or LLE on Nachbar or do a S&T with Nets.

Even if you cut a player, the guaranteed part of his salary has to be paid. Most of the NBA salaries are fully guaranteed. For Bruce it's only 50% guaranteed ($2M guaranteed for a $4M salary).

A S&T scenario that works :
Nachbar (starting salary of $3M) + Sean Williams for Bowen and $2M in cash.
By doing this trade, Nets save $1.63M (Sean Williams contract).

velik_m
05-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Spurs can either use their MLE or LLE on Nachbar or do a S&T with Nets.

Even if you cut a player, the guaranteed part of his salary has to be paid. Most of the NBA salaries are fully guaranteed. For Bruce it's only 50% guaranteed ($2M guaranteed for a $4M salary).

A S&T scenario that works :
Nachbar (starting salary of $3M) + Sean Williams for Bowen and $2M in cash.
By doing this trade, Nets save $1.63M (Sean Williams contract).

Thanks!

Can the spurs include a draft pick/player rights, to not take back any players but still intice the NJ to do it?

Bruno
05-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks!

Can the spurs include a draft pick/player rights, to not take back any players but still intice the NJ to do it?

No, because you have to match salaries and a draft pick/players right count for $0 in a trade.

Raising Boki salary isn't also an option because if he gets more than $3M as new salary, Boki will become BYC. When a player is BYC, matching salaries is very hard to do.

velik_m
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
c2YpILcZUYM

Boki in nets practice:

hJnEsC_6sDw

velik_m
05-29-2009, 10:04 AM
An oldish article:

Executive power
Nets' Nachbar serves as president of team in Slovenia

In his role as New Jersey's sixth man, Bostjan Nachbar is nothing if not efficient. The supersub is a whirling dervish on the court, whether it be bombing from behind the three-point line (39 percent for the season) or going hard to the hole (Nachbar has had several YouTube-caliber dunks this season). Nachbar has become an indispensable part of the Nets' rotation.

As a team executive, well, let's just say Nachbar is absentee.

That's not a bad thing, though. In addition to his duties in the Nets' frontcourt, Nachbar doubles as the president of Kosarkaski Klub Koper, a first-division team in the Slovenian Men's League based out of the city of Koper. He is the de facto face of the 40-year-old franchise despite spending most of his time living an ocean away.

Two years ago, while a member of the New Orleans Hornets, Nachbar, 26, negotiated a deal with Koper that gave him the right to run the team for three years. While Nachbar spends most of Koper's season Stateside (the NBA and Slovenian League's seasons coincide), Nachbar's father, Vlado, a former basketball coach, runs the day-to-day operations.

"Basketball in Slovenia isn't as big as it was six or seven years ago," Nachbar says. "My father and I want to make it big again, give kids an alternative to playing soccer."

As Nachbar points out, basketball has faded in Slovenia since the late 1990s, when NBA players like Nachbar, Toronto's Rasho Nesterovic and Charlotte's Primoz Brezec starred in the league. Growing up, Nachbar struggled with the politics of playing in his homeland, as the local teams (which have low operating budgets) clung to their talented players, refusing to let them sign more lucrative deals with powerful Euroleague teams.

"I know how hard it was for me," says Nachbar, whose brother, Grego, plays for the team. "With my team, I want to be just the opposite. I want to help these young kids develop so they can go on to bigger and better things."

The club has thrived under Nachbar. When he took over, Koper was floundering at the bottom of the First Division. Support was at an all-time low and the team was in danger of dropping into the country's Second Division, which happens automatically when a team finishes in last place. But with an operating budget of just over $200,000 (the highest budget in the league is $700,000), Nachbar has overhauled not only the senior team but also a junior, cadet and pioneer team that has players as young as 14.

"A lot of other teams pay a lot of money to older players then fold when they don't win," Nachbar says. "I didn't want that. I want to make sure the younger players get a chance to play."

His popularity in Slovenia has brought in sponsors, and Nachbar takes every opportunity in the offseason to meet with potential sponsors as well as the Koper mayor to drum up support. During the summer he travels back to Koper, where he recently built a house, and sits in on team meetings and occasionally scrimmages with the players. When the Nets' forward reports to NBA training camp in October, Vlado sends his son tapes of the team's games and Nachbar will follow the club's statistics over the Internet. The two talk basketball by phone several times a week.

"We make most of the decisions together," Vlado says. "Boki will look at the tapes and give me his opinion."

Nets coach Lawrence Frank, for one, isn't surprised Nachbar has made the conversion from player to executive.

"Boki is a smart guy," Frank says. "A lot of former players become general managers. I could see Boki in an NBA front office someday."

Nachbar's teammates are equally as supportive -- to a point.

"I know he would do a great job," Richard Jefferson says. "But if he asks me to suit up for his team, no way."

Nachbar says he will continue to run the team through the end of the year, when he will make a decision whether to stay on as team president. Surely a man who makes $2.5 million per season could use the extra paycheck, right?

"No money," Nachbar says with a laugh. "I do it because I love working with these kids. As long as their interest is there, I'll be there."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/chris_mannix/03/19/nachbar/

velik_m
06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
There was an interview with Boki on the portal of national television today.
I did some quick translating, i apologize in advance for all the grammar and spelling errors.

----------------------------------

Nachbar made a step forward
Dinamo still owns him a lot of money
2. junij 2009 ob 08:06
Ljubljana - MMC RTV SLO

Basketball player Boštjan Nachbar wanted to just rest after returning from Moscow, but now he says he's already itching for ball.

"Every year it's good to come back home, and if you come home from cold Russia it's even better", Boki told us to start off MMC's interview. Last year Nachbar has surprisingly moved from NBA league to Moscow and signed a lucrative deal with Dynamo. But the situation drastically changed and because of economic crisis the club could no longer afford players, so Nachbar broke off the contract. Where he will continue his career should be known in a month.

---------------

Are you really tired after the season or are you hungry for basketball and will you be motivated to join the national team?

You never lose apetite for basketball. It's true however, that a after a though season the body needs rest. Now i'm already itching to get my hands on basketball...

What is the interest for basketball in Russia? Were the arenas full?

I was unpleasantly surprised. The fans didn't respond. This is not a league that would, at least in Moscow, interest people. If there is a bigger derby or CSKA plays in euroleague, more people gather, otherwise the arenas are empty.

Then you were quite shocked, when you moved from NBA to empty russian arenas?

I did expect that there won't be 20 thousand people at the game, as is custom in America, still considering we had a strong team, i expected bigger support.

Did you advance or recede, basketball wise, in the last year?

No, I think i receding was simply not possible. I played a lot of games, I played a lot of minutes, i was one of the main players... I belive i even made a step forward, because my role was different than in the USA. I improved my game. I think i have a good season behind me.

How much does the Dynamo own you?

A lot, but i let my agent handle that now. I won't to get what is mine ofcourse, and i hope the Russians will be honest enough to pay me everything.

Did you make contact with any clubs in NBA in the last month?

No, you have to wait. In Europe the national championships are still playing, in America there is a playoff. This not the time for it. It suits me, so i can have a little rest. Somewhere at the end of June the talks will start.

You wrote great blogs for MMC. Can we hope for any more blogs?

We made a deal for me to write three blogs, but the response was fantastic. I see the people are like to read about the life of athlete from the other point of view, they are interested in the background... I think i will find the time to write some more, maybe even a book.

Do you read a lot of books? Did you read a russian authors in Russia?

Russian authors no, but i do like to read different books and write. I had that inkling since i was little, before i was ten i wrote some stories and i have notebooks at home. It seems to be still in my blood.

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/nachbar-kvecjemu-naredil-korak-naprej/204314

velik_m
06-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I just noticed: Nachbar has the same agent as Manu, Oberto & Splitter.

:hat

Bruno
06-04-2009, 11:36 AM
velik_m is pushing hard for Boki. :)

bigdog
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
come on over, Boki!

Kobayagi
06-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Boki dunks. He would never fit.

Go back to the Nets or join the Knicks, Boki. Atlanta would be fine, too.

velik_m
06-04-2009, 11:24 PM
velik_m is pushing hard for Boki. :)

My favourite player on my favourite team? Damn straight i'm pushing hard.

Go back to the Nets or join the Knicks, Boki. Atlanta would be fine, too.

Infidel! :ihit

:lol

Blackjack
06-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Infidel! :ihit :lol

He's, cuban... Right?

benefactor
06-05-2009, 04:20 AM
He's, cuban... Right?
Yes...Cuban B.

Blackjack
06-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes...Cuban B.

Abracadabra, man.:smokin

benefactor
06-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Abracadabra, man.:smokin
:toast

lcroock
06-13-2009, 12:26 PM
If we sign Bourousis then I would think Nachbar is a logical choice for the money we will have remaining from the MLE. NJ doesn't have any interest in signing him so unless we have a deal in place by June 30 to trade Oberto/Bowen for a SF then I predict that we sign Nachbar.

benefactor
06-13-2009, 12:47 PM
If we sign Bourousis then I would think Nachbar is a logical choice for the money we will have remaining from the MLE. NJ doesn't have any interest in signing him so unless we have a deal in place by June 30 to trade Oberto/Bowen for a SF then I predict that we sign Nachbar.
All things considered, if we were to sign Bourousis and Boki and somehow manage to stay under the cap I would call this offseason a pretty big success.

Kobayagi
06-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Where do you guys even get the idea that the Spurs FO is interested in Boki?

I don't think Boki is part of Pop's plans for next season or any other season whatsoever.

Was he ever in any possible trade talks? I mean, real trade talks, not message board rumours?

lcroock
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
"Where do you guys even get the idea that the Spurs FO is interested in Boki?
I don't think Boki is part of Pop's plans for next season or any other season whatsoever.
Was he ever in any possible trade talks? I mean, real trade talks, not message board rumours?"

Reasons the Spurs are probably interested:
1) He is European.
2) He can shoot.
3) He wouldn't command big $/many years.
4) He fits the Spurs "system".

Per the NJ papers today he is cleaning out his condo in Jersey and he has been in talks with 10-15 teams.

ploto
06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Was he ever in any possible trade talks? I mean, real trade talks, not message board rumours?

I believe before the deal for JR Smith fell through in the afternoon that the Spurs also talked to NO about Boki before they traded him to NJ that morning.

ploto
06-13-2009, 10:37 PM
NJ Nets: The Boki Question

They had those draft workouts today, and an hour after the last kid had showered, who should jog through the gym but Boki Nachbar.

As you know by now, he's had his fill of Moscow, and is trying to get back into the NBA.

And as you also know by now, he'd have been probably the most reliable forward on the Nets last year had the team not allowed him to split for Moscow in the first place.

So yes, they're talking again, but he can read a roster as well as you can.

"As of now, I don't see it -- unless something changes pretty drastically," Boki said of a Jersey reunion. "You just look at the roster. And it's not just the Nets: There are a bunch of others that we've talked to."

And if there is no NBA job readily available, hopefully his agent can place him where they'll actually pay him next season. He's had a number of NBA teams ("Ten or 15") express some level of interest, which he has pursued since "things started getting bad, and the checks stopped coming."

"I'm starting over again," he said.

One sign he doesn't expect Jersey to be his landing pad: He is in town this week just to clean out his condo so he can rent it out this year.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/06/nj_nets_the_boki_question.html

mountainballer
06-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Where do you guys even get the idea that the Spurs FO is interested in Boki?

be sure that the Spurs at least called his agent. it's just part of the business, that you inquire about the asking price of a free agent, especially if this player would very much fill a need.
I absolutely have no idea what Nachbar's value will be, but let's guess he would sign a BAE contract, then he could turn into a steal. half MLE for 3 years might still be ok. more than this would be overpaying.

I agree with benefactor, that if the Spurs could sign Bouroussis and Nachbar, this would be a pretty nice off season. (they would still need a significant trade for an athletic swingman to get back into contender shape though).

velik_m
06-17-2009, 11:11 AM
This is an interview from may:

Club violated the contract, Nachbar wants to go
May 18th, 2009, 4:48 am by NetIncome

By Matthew Podgorsek, Zurnal24, May 15, 2009

The financial crisis has shaken Moscow Dinamo. “Since the Club violated the contract, the contract allows me to leave,” Bostjan Nachbar tells Zurnal24. He hopes to return to the NBA.

Is your season with Dynamo ending or are you ending your journey in Moscow?

The last game is Sunday. Then we’ll talk about the future. We all know the situation is not the best and it will be discussed seriously since the contract binds me to two more years. The question is how can I get out of the contract, or how can I get the money that the club owes me. There will be some negotiations. I might know more in a week.

Before the season, the club had a great deal of money and is now in such a crisis?

I think the club had particularly high goals and believed that the money would be received from its sponsors. When we signed a contract last summer, there was no word of any crisis. The (economy) has affected our sponsor which is a real estate company. The Moscow real estate market has fallen the most, not just in Russia, but in the world. This could not have been expected, even by people in the club who signed the contract.. On one hand, they understand, but on the other hand, I am disappointed because I only want to respect the contract.

Is the impact of the crisis felt within Russian basketball?

I hear about it with other clubs, but ours is the worst because it’s linked to the real estate market. Most of the other sponsors are companies such as banks or oil companies. These are sponsors that do not die or go away so easily in a crisis.

What was the result this season?

The four Americans left us, the first left in December. This was reflected in the results. The team is now significantly different than the November roster.

Before the season you said the Russian league has become one of the strongest in Europe. Now that’s not so certain?

For some time, it was. The quality of the competition was building, especially in comparison with last season. CSKA Moscow remains a stop ahead of us all. It has an excellent team and continuity…but we are closer to the new standard. I think the Russian league is among he strongest in Europe, but still cannot compare to the Spanish league. Now with the departure of the foreign players, the quality has fallen back.

Did you want to leave because Dynamo did not make it to the Euroleague?

It’s true that I wanted to play in the Euroleague, but if the club should honor its commitments, we would not have to go. If the club was fair to me, if it wasn’t in breach of contract, it would not be required. Since the club violated the contract, the contract allows me to leave.

How have you been satisfied with your play? Last year, you were with the Nets at the height of your career. Was this episode with Dynamo a step back?

The quality of my game has not dropped. If you play for the Nets, you are much more exposed to the public (in Slovenia) than if you’re playing in Russia. Normally, if you put points up in the NBA, all the media in Slovenia will mention it. If you get 20 in Russia, it’s not so. This I expected. I think I had a good season. Finally, I was selected as the best forward in the Eurocup and was the third highest scorer in Russia. I do know I could have had a better season. If things were normal, the team would be better as would my game.

What now? Do you prefer the NBA or the Euroleague?

I will see. I can’t even talk to an NBA team before July 1. In Europe, however, they’re still playing the semi-finals and finals (of the domestic leagues). Thus, it’s too early to talk about where I will go. However, I want the NBA or one of the Euroleague clubs. That’s my wish. We will see in the summer. It will be necessary to wait a month or two.

Slobodan Subotic, the Olympiacos coach, proposed that they sign you, but instead they opted for Josh Childress. Would you now be interested in Olympiacos?

Last year, I was in contact with Olympiacos but they subsequently signed Josh Childress. Actually, I talked to Atlanta too. This was in essence a kind of triangle. Then, a very strong offer came from Dynamo and I went on my way. Surely I would have been proud to play with Olympiacos since the club has a strong history of very good players and a very high appeal. It would not be easy to say no to such a club.

Do you have any preference which team you would want to play for in the NBA?

I don’t think so. I do not know how I can be picky. I want to play and be with a significant team, like I did with the Nets. If I find that, it won’t matter if it’s New York or Memphis. The NBA is the NBA. It’s a different world. When you were there once, you understand that’s true.

Maybe America is a more attractive lifestyle than Russia?

Of course, they can’t be compared. I will not say Moscow has been a catastrophy. It has had its pluses and minuses. Certainly, I am more the type of man who prefers a normal life in New York. If the opportunity ever arose to play in New York or New Jersey, I would grab at it with both hands. There my career was at its most beautiful.

It will be difficult to find a new club in the NBA. Are you, after a year away, still “hot stuff”?

We’ll see this summer. The financial crisis has hit even in America, especially with the smaller teams. Not a lot of money available. It is primarily important that I find a club where I can play and be happy. The financial part is not the most important thing. A player wants to play, especially in the second half of his career. If it’s the NBA, it would be great to sign a long term contract, not just a one or two year deal. To me, that would be the best.

You’ll have time for a vacation this year?

After a week, I will get home and there will be some time for friends and family. At the end of June, I’ve got my basketball camp and that will take two weeks. At the end of July, I will have already picked a team. It will be a full summer.

This year, Slovenia (national team) will have very high goals.

Correct, but on the other hand, we must go step by step. High goals are nice to have but we have to be careful those goals don’t hinder us more than they benefit us. It is difficult to ask the fans to be patient in that sense will have to go game by game…if all of Slovenia is with us, if we stay together, game by game, we may go very high…

Original source (http://www.zurnal24.si/intervju-bostjan-nachbar-dinamo-nba/sport/kosarka/109590)
Translation (http://www.netsdaily.com/blog/?p=796)

velik_m
06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Dallas+Mavericks+v+New+Jersey+Nets+gifWRyygRRwl.jp g

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+New+Jersey+Nets+kUO4xKcVB70l. jpg

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/New+Jersey+Nets+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+YgJ3pZt3uc5l.j pg

tp2021
06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
The NBA is the NBA. It’s a different world. When you were there once, you understand that’s true.

I like this quote from a Euro POV, especially one that has played on both sides of the pond.

ploto
06-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I continue to see Boki on the list for the NT , but I can not see him playing until he has a contract somewhere, and that may take some time.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I like this quote from a Euro POV, especially one that has played on both sides of the pond.

And one who played this year in Euroleague's version of the D league.

sendman
06-18-2009, 05:54 AM
And one who played this year in Euroleague's version of the D league.
And one who made Spermulis his personal bitch last time he met him.

mountainballer
06-18-2009, 07:40 AM
just what the spurs need

another shitty foreign player

yeah. good analysis. knowledgeable and carefully worded.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-18-2009, 09:50 AM

WTF? He never played Spanoulis this year.

velik_m
06-18-2009, 10:01 AM

:dont

velik_m
06-22-2009, 06:01 AM
In Europe only to a big club with high goals

"NBA is my first option, but it will be hard. The clubs are saving money for next year, because many big stars' contracts expire and they will be free agents," told us Bostjan Nachbar after coming back from New York.

Slovenian national team player, who broke off the contract with Moscow based Dynamo, was in USA for 10 days in worked out a plan with his agent for july NBA market. "It was great in New York. I mixed bussines with pleasure and helped with the opening of the renovated playground in poor neighbourhood of Harlem," says Nachbar.

Recession and saving for next year

"I said many times, that my wish is to play in the NBA. But there is a problem, because many owners are dealing with financial problems, on top of that they try to save money for next year when players like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash ... will be free. So i cannot rule out Europe, but it would have to be an offer from a big club with high goals," adds Nachbar.

Prefers the East coast

Dream club? "I'd rather not talk about it, because whatever i say gets spreaded to USA immediately. Basically anywhere in NBA, but i would prefer a club from East coast." Did Russians pay all the debts? "No they owe me between 30 and 40 percent of money from contract. We have settled for payment until the end of the year, otherwise i will go to court."

Boki's camp is starting

Before the start of national team actions, Boki will focus in the next two weeks in his basketball camp. "It's true. The first group starts on Sunday and the second on the 5th of July. We gathered 60 kids. There is only a few empty spots available. We are planning a surprise for each day, because many famous basketball players guests, including Matjaž Smodiš, Beno Udrih, Primož Brezec, Marko Milič, Sašo Ožbolt, Smiljan Pavič, Dragiša Drobnjak ... This will not be just about autographs, but about learning basketball elements," presented the project Nachbar and at the same time invited to his webpage www.bokinachbar.com

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/v-evropi-samo-v-velik-klub-z-visokimi-cilji/205890

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Europe? I think he needs to fire his agent. Does he not know that in Europe most clubs have already spent all their transfer money by start of July?

velik_m
06-22-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.rtvslo.si/_up/photos/2009/06/11/u24602-94368_nachbar1_blogshow.jpg

velik_m
06-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Boki in today's chat on rtvslo.si (http://www.rtvslo.si/modload.php?&c_mod=rtvchat&op=chat&func=read&c_id=1028):

Q: Do you have Kobe's number in your mobile? If not, perhaps from some other famous players?

Boki: Haha, not from Kobe, no... but i did save numbers from Ming, Jefferson, Francis...

Spurs' next backup SF? :downspin:

loveforthegame
06-26-2009, 12:04 PM
With Jefferson on board I don't see a lot of backup minutes for whoever the Spurs go with.

I think the Spurs set their sights on a big with the MLE and call it an off season.

velik_m
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
With Jefferson on board I don't see a lot of backup minutes for whoever the Spurs go with.

I think the Spurs set their sights on a big with the MLE and call it an off season.

Sure, if you want to be all realistic about it...

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-14-2009, 08:16 AM
It is reported that Boki will sign with Turkish club Efes.

http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html

Jorge Sierra: The offer is apparently too good to pass up. Unless "something dramatic happens" with an NBA team, he's going to Turkey. 45 minutes ago.

Jorge Sierra: Bostjan Nachbar just told me he's close to signing a one-year deal with Efes Pilsen of Turkey. 46 minutes ago.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.sportando.net/eng/europa/euroleague/3465/nachbar_inks_for_efes_pilsen.html

The Slovenian to stay in Europe

Slovenian forward Bostjan Nachbar signed a one year contract with Turkish powerhouse Efes Pilsen. Nachbar spent last season in Europe with Dinamo Moscow and was named in the All-Eurocup first team. The contract could be renewed at the end of the first season.

The news was reported by Nachabr official website: http://www.bokinachbar.com/?p=3137

Nachbar in Russia averaged 16.2ppg and 4.5rpg. In Eurocup he scored 16.1ppg and grabbed 4.8rpg.

I thought all NBA fans guaranteed he would play in NBA next year? They all said "he won't play with those scrubs again"?

:rollin

velik_m
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Europe? I think he needs to fire his agent. Does he not know that in Europe most clubs have already spent all their transfer money by start of July?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-14-2009, 08:46 AM
You are just mad because all the lies are proven wrong. I told you there was no damn truth to all this crap about him not getting paid. ALL NBA fans GUARANTEED he would never play in Europe again because "no players ever get paid in Europe".

Only a fucking MORON would ever believe that shit and only a fucking IDIOT would believe he did not get paid when he signs with another European club. You all know it is fucking bull shit yet you keep saying the same lies over and over.

velik_m
07-14-2009, 08:56 AM
You are just mad because all the lies are proven wrong. I told you there was no damn truth to all this crap about him not getting paid. ALL NBA fans GUARANTEED he would never play in Europe again because "no players ever get paid in Europe".

Only a fucking MORON would ever believe that shit and only a fucking IDIOT would believe he did not get paid when he signs with another European club. You all know it is fucking bull shit yet you keep saying the same lies over and over.

So Boki is lying, when he says he did not get paid?

mountainballer
07-14-2009, 09:01 AM

just leave him alone. you know the pink pisser will never stop.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM

Of course he is. Are you really this naive?

rayray2k8
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
You got pinked again??!! What a fucktard. :lmao
LIES!

mountainballer
06-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Bump.

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/06/bostjan-nachbar-wants-to-go-back-to-nba.html
Bostjan Nachbar wants to go back to the NBA

Bostjan Nachbar still doesn't know if he will continue in Efes Pilsen. The 29-year-old Slovenian forward will decide his future in the next days, though he doesn't rule out the possibility of returning the Turkish team. But the desire of Nachbar is to go back to the NBA, where he played between 2002 and 2008, even next season. Nachbar averaged 9.1 points and 3.3 rebounds in the TBL last season.

this was discussed a lot a year ago in this thread. meanwhile he had a down year for Efes in Turkey. his value (and asking price) should be significantly lower. he wouldn't fill the need for the long defensive wing (as he is long but not D), but for roster depth and as shooting 4 (cheap Bonner replacement) he might find a niche.
Rudoy is his agent, so when negotiating about Splitter, RC could at least mention Nachbar.

ata
06-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Bump.

this was discussed a lot a year ago in this thread. meanwhile he had a down year for Efes in Turkey. his value (and asking price) should be significantly lower. he wouldn't fill the need for the long defensive wing (as he is long but not D), but for roster depth and as shooting 4 (cheap Bonner replacement) he might find a niche.
Rudoy is his agent, so when negotiating about Splitter, RC could at least mention Nachbar.

Nachbar can't play as PF, he will be destroyed on D. He is SF, however I doubt he still is NBA material. We will know more after WC in Turkey where he will have to carry Slovenian team.

ceperez
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I would rather see Nachbar playing SF for the Spurs rather than Bonner playing C/PF.

The Spurs however need someone in the lineup that can hit the consistent 3 pointer.

Kamnik
07-05-2010, 07:04 AM
I would rather see Nachbar playing SF for the Spurs rather than Bonner playing C/PF.

The Spurs however need someone in the lineup that can hit the consistent 3 pointer.

Boki is anything but a consistent 3pt shooter... He is also a below average defender. I can't see him a good fit for the Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2010, 02:48 AM
It'd be cool to have him... Nachbar>Bonner

That's what I was thinking... although I'm not sure.

Either of them for the minimum would be nice.

DesignatedT
08-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Another realistic option if he's still available. Has a pretty good career % from behind the arc.

ceperez
08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Spurs prefer to play players who perform well in the playoffs.

Nachbar did that a couple of times when he was in the Nets. He had one really stellar playoff game against the Raptors.

Anyway, he's worth signing for the minimum.

8FOR!3
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I'd take him over Gee as far as fitting in the system goes. He does shoot the three well and his defense isn't near as bad as some of ya'll are leading everybody to believe. Obviously he'd thrive in D'Antoni's system, but he would still be able to play well for Pop. And the minutes are there for someone who can backup RJ, and play a little SG/PF. He's not bad as a PF either, not a great defender at that position by any means, but he's an addition there offensively.

Mel_13
08-26-2010, 07:05 AM
BokiNachbar

I have decided to play another season in EFES PILSEN Istanbul. Well organized club, big goals and a great city.

http://twitter.com/bokinachbar

velik_m
06-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Nachbar wants to come back to USA. His contract expired and has no desire to stay in Turkey.

lefty
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Spurs prefer to play players who perform well in the playoffs.

Nachbar did that a couple of times when he was in the Nets. He had one really stellar playoff game against the Raptors.

Anyway, he's worth signing for the minimum.
1 good playoff game, and vs the Raptors

Get him RC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas_Ranger
01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
bump

I know he'll be 33 in a month but the guy is balling.

velik_m
07-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Signed a 2 year deal with Barcelona. link (http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/nachbar-se-seli-v-barcelono/313704)

Texas_Ranger
07-23-2013, 03:38 AM
he'd be the perfect backup SF. But it's nice to see him play for a top club again.

exstatic
07-23-2013, 07:06 AM
he'd be the perfect backup SF. But it's nice to see him play for a top club again.

Signed a 2 year deal with Barcelona. link (http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/nachbar-se-seli-v-barcelono/313704)

Texas_Ranger
07-23-2013, 07:32 AM
no shit.