PDA

View Full Version : Why I can't root for the Houston Rockets...from a Spurs fan

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 03:46 AM
OK...me and a guy have had a back and forth conversation on Youtube...He's a Rockets/Ron Artest fan, and has said a LOT of horrible comments...I won't say them myself..I'll let him say them...Here's one of many messages he's sent me...oh..and by the way..in case anyone wants to say anything to him, his youtube name is titoartest

"actions speaks louder than words..rockets has not advanced 1st round since 96-97...artest joins the rockets and this is without mcgrady..makes them past 1st round...no karma there it's just great overall play by ron artest...ron artest is good with the children he donates a lot of money to make kids happy..the wife thing and the dog thing is over exagerated..the media are just haters..manu and bruce hahahahaahahahah they're at home miserable LMAO!!!! hahahahah they blows and the sprus will never evvvvvvvvveeeer win a ring again. manu wants to play dirty and give artest stitches that homo deserves everything that is happening to him..and for bruce that dirty ###### deserves everything that is happening to him..hahahahahahahahaha"

This guy has said many times that "karma" will keep the Spurs from winning any more titles, because they have Bruce Bowen and Manu Ginobili on their team. Like they haven't won 3 titles already. I told him, if karma was keeping them from winning, why did they win 3 times already..he said because of Tim Donaghy. So apparently Tim Donaghy has power over God now. Funny thing is, he says Bruce and Manu are horrible people. Ron Artest starved a dog, beat his wife, and hit a fan in the stands..and this guy has gone as far as saying Artest is the "greatest man alive." Wow...just wow..

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 03:51 AM
:lmao

Some people really have some shitty lives if all they get comfort in these days is signing onto YouTube and pumping up a player/team that has no idea who he/she is, not to mention that he's on Artest's balls and makes it seem as if Ron tossed his salad for him once or something.

Pretty pathetic. Don't waste your energy on that shit man.

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 03:55 AM
:lmao

Some people really have some shitty lives if all they get comfort in these days is signing onto YouTube and pumping up a player/team that has no idea who he/she is, not to mention that he's on Artest's balls and makes it seem as if Ron tossed his salad for him once or something.

Pretty pathetic. Don't waste your energy on that shit man.
I don't...I find it quite entertaining though. :)

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 03:57 AM
I remember I posted on the Spurs 2005 Road to the Championship video, a harmless comment of "Go Spurs!" or something like that, and then was bombarded by messages from some Mavfan that were quite similar to the one you posted.

Some people. :rolleyes

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 03:59 AM
I remember I posted on the Spurs 2005 Road to the Championship video, a harmless comment of "Go Spurs!" or something like that, and then was bombarded by messages from some Mavfan that were quite similar to the one you posted.

Some people. :rolleyes
yeah..and the sad thing is..this is the most decent message..despite the racial slur, this is probably the nicest comment he's made the entire time...that's why I picked that one..didn't want to offend anyone on here...that sounds stupid...but the things this guy said...wow...

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 04:07 AM
I was actually taken aback by the use of the n-word to refer to Bowen...dude is such a class act. He is easily top 10 classiest players in the league.

dougp
05-04-2009, 08:08 AM
stop being a pussy and root for the team for texas

I won't root for any team in my division during the playoffs, unless it supports a match up better for my team. Period.

Living in Houston, it's amazing how fair weathered the fans are - that alone makes me not want to cheer for them. I'm going to cheer for my favorite non-Spurs players now, so go Nuggets & Magic. In the end, if it's Lakers vs. Cavs, I'll cheer for Kobe since I hate LeBroom.

benefactor
05-04-2009, 08:19 AM
I won't root for any team in my division during the playoffs, unless it supports a match up better for my team. Period.

Living in Houston, it's amazing how fair weathered the fans are - that alone makes me not want to cheer for them. I'm going to cheer for my favorite non-Spurs players now, so go Nuggets & Magic. In the end, if it's Lakers vs. Cavs, I'll cheer for Kobe since I hate LeBroom.
:nope

DaDakota
05-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Come on, we are not all like that.....Sometimes the interenet is just an annoying place for kids/trolls that lack the maturity to post coherently and with respect.

So sad.

DD

Danny.Zhu
05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
:toast

Rogue
05-04-2009, 08:57 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NBA/Headshots/140x170/3653.jpg

dougp
05-04-2009, 09:01 AM

LMAO, so you'd rather cheer for LeBron who doesn't ever fuckin defer to his teammates over someone who has improved his game and those around him? Don't get me wrong, I'll pray that someone beats the Cavs in the playoffs - but if it came down to the Finals of Lakers vs. Cavs, I'd rather cheer for the Lakers.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Living in Houston, it's amazing how fair weathered the fans are - that alone makes me not want to cheer for them. .

Truer words were never written. Lots of folks penciled them in for another early exit after they lost the division title. There's still not a whole lot of hype around the city even now that they've made it out of the first round. If by some miracle they beat the Lakers though suddenly everyone in the city will be wearing their Rockets gear. And if they do lose to the Lakers, oh well, the Texans are going to be a 10 win team this year!

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
And in the event of a Lakers/Celtics finals I will do what I did last year and root for the series being canceled due to a freak outbreak of crippling explosive diarrhea hitting both teams.

HiLouis!
05-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I find it difficult not to cheer with a team filled with players like Carl Landry, Scola (ouch), Yao, and Battier. Hasn't T-Mac refrained from being critical of Bruce when they try to egg him into saying something negative? They're my second favorite team, which means nothing unless they're beyond us in the playoffs and I can no longer cheer for the Spurs. Oh wait...

Plus, after the Coyote, Clutch is the best mascot in the NBA.

Who cares what some racist asshole on youtube has to say? The fact that you're even bothered by it means he's winning. Stop talking to him, block him. It's not like you're having an intelligent conversation, and he's probably 14. I'm sure there are a couple douchebag Spurs fans who do the same thing, it shouldn't reflect on an entire fanbase.

hater
05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
fuck the Lakers

TampaDude
05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I hate the Lakers, but they're going to bounce the Rockets in 5 games, max.

Bukefal
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
houston will get their ass kicked, mavs will get their ass kicked, afterwards denver will get their ass kicked, then lakers with cavs in the finals, where lakers will finaly get their asses kicked and cavs will be the champs! for sure.

Lakers suck, rockets suck, mavs suck --- Go Cavs!!

ashbeeigh
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM

You beat me to it. I was going to say "two words...Luis Scola."

smeagol
05-04-2009, 03:06 PM

:tu

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
stop being a pussy and root for the team for texas
I'm sorry...the trash I get from this guy is ridiculous. Like I said..if I post some of the stuff he's posted to me, you'd know what I meant...and there's no way in HELL I could handle him talking trash to me about the Rockets winning. I wasn't rooting for the Rockets anyway. I don't understand what good it would do to cheer for a team in my state. Are they going to share the championship with us? The money they get from endorsements for winning the title? Truth is, it doesn't matter if the Rockets win, or any other team. If it's not the Spurs...really, I don't care about it.

Spursmania
05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
If it's not the Spurs it really doesn't matter to me. Of course, there are some teams that I will enjoy see getting trounced out of the real contention. Cough..Sorry Mavs and Rockets, but you're not going anywhere. I'm just being real.