PDA

View Full Version : The Boston Celtics will repeat as NBA champs

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I've been watching the Lakers and Cavs and they have no idea how to win a championship. Everyone's buying into them but they are just beating up on scrub teams and are full of themselves meanwhile Boston is battle tested and been there before.

Both LA and Cle are overrated. No defense or clutch play

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Right...

Yep, those Celtics sure are looking dangerous after being pushed to 7 games versus the lowly Bulls and without their best/second best player in Garnett.

LA doesn't know how to win a championship? Um...you realize there's championship experience on that team, and not just from a fluke one-and-done, right?

And :lmao @ Cleveland doesn't play defense. Do you even watch basketball? No clutch play? WTF...you do know that Kobe Bryant plays for the Lakers still, don't you? Jesus.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Oh and the Cavs have been to the Finals once already. They may have gotten swept, but at least they made it.

TheProfessor
05-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're wrong.

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
If you shut down LeBron who else do they have? Mo Williams??? :lmao

If you shut down Kobe, who else do they have?

But if u shut down Pierce you still have Allen and Big Baby is coming along nicely and im not even taking into account team defense. just watch, i'll bump this thread when im right

TampaDude
05-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Lakers and Cavs in the Finals. The Celtics won't even make it past Orlando.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:32 AM

But if u shut down Pierce you still have Allen and Big Baby is coming along nicely and im not even taking into account team defense. just watch, i'll bump this thread when im right

And who is going to shut down LeBron/Kobe? Pierce? Allen? Rondo?

Give me a break dude.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Even if the Celtics can get past Howard and the Magic, they're going to get shat on by Cleveland.

Yuushi12
05-04-2009, 11:33 AM

I'll agree with the Lebron part but still the cav's role players are proven to be good and it's evident with their record both at home and on the road it's not just all about lebron and mo.
P.S. They have the best record in the league

If you shut down kobe lakers still have Bynum,Ariza,Odom,Gasol and others.

Both teams are going to contend and i simply cant stand the celtics as much as i can't stand the mavs.

TheProfessor
05-04-2009, 11:34 AM

You're either a troll or a moron.

Yuushi12
05-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Give me a break dude.

+1 no offense to allen though he's damn good offensively

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:35 AM

Give me a break dude.

Is it hard for you to understand dude? Its called team defense. I thought a Spurs fan would know better but youre probably just a bandwagoner. All u have to do is double them, if Gasol and Mo Williams will make shots all series than hats off to them but it has never happened and it wont happen. Those guys cant carry a team to a championship

lefty
05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I've been watching the Lakers and Cavs and they have no idea how to win a championship. Everyone's buying into them but they are just beating up on scrub teams and are full of themselves meanwhile Boston is battle tested and been there before.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol:l ol:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

turiaf for president
05-04-2009, 11:36 AM

???????

cleveland has had the best team defense in the last 3-4 years and lakers have the most clutch player in kobe.
try again

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:37 AM
???????

cleveland has had the best team defense in the last 3-4 years and lakers have the most clutch player in kobe.
try again

um no you moron. their defense is inflated because they slow down the game on offense. Kobe clutch??:lmaomaybe in the regular season, where was that in the Finals?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-04-2009, 11:39 AM
um no you moron. their defense is inflated because they slow down the game on offense.

What's your point?

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:40 AM
What's your point?

If you slow the game down, its gonna be harder to put up as many points because you dont have as much time with the ball.

God you guys are all stupid

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Is it hard for you to understand dude? Its called team defense. I thought a Spurs fan would know better but youre probably just a bandwagoner. All u have to do is double them, if Gasol and Mo Williams will make shots all series than hats off to them but it has never happened and it wont happen. Those guys cant carry a team to a championship

:lmao

I'm pretty sure you're a troll, so I'm just gonna stop replying in this lame excuse for a thread. And if you're not, then you should seek counseling or something.

TampaDude
05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Lerbillia...all due respect to the Celtics, because they do have a number of clutch players on the team and they are the defending champs, but they're not even going to get past the Magic without KG. Give it up, dude.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
um no you moron. their defense is inflated because they slow down the game on offense. Kobe clutch??:lmaomaybe in the regular season, where was that in the Finals?

How the fuck can you call yourself a Spurs fan with such a retarded statement like that? You have to be a troll. If you're not, you're really stupid.

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:43 AM
How the fuck can you call yourself a Spurs fan with such a retarded statement like that? You have to be a troll. If you're not, you're really stupid.

I'm a Boston fan dumbass

Yuushi12
05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
If you slow the game down, its gonna be harder to put up as many points because you dont have as much time with the ball.

so you're saying all the nba team's solution to being a good defensive team is just to slow the game down. just wow.:sleep

turiaf for president
05-04-2009, 11:48 AM

wow....seriously GTFO.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-04-2009, 11:49 AM

Even if the other team has fewer possessions, the Cavs still rank 3rd in opponent points per possession (102.4). Boston is 2nd best at 102.3, but that number is misleading since it's a lot higher when KG doesn't play.

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm a Boston fan dumbass

Then change your favorite team in your profile, moron.

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 11:51 AM
so you're saying all the nba team's solution to being a good defensive team is just to slow the game down. just wow.:sleep

slowing the game down definitely helps your case big time. There is a reason why Phoenix always is last in defense. They give their opponent to much time to score. Cleveland does the opposite but at the same time u have to play good defense to win a championship and they havent shown me they can do that

dirk4mvp
05-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Then change your favorite team in your profile, moron.

You calling someone a moron is pretty funny.

turiaf for president
05-04-2009, 11:52 AM
win one fluke ring in 25 years after years of giving the clippers a run for their money for the league worst...........its gonna be another 25 years before the celtics come close to winning another ring. gluck with a future of rondo perkins and big baby

Yuushi12
05-04-2009, 11:53 AM
slowing the game down definitely helps your case big time. There is a reason why Phoenix always is last in defense. They give their opponent to much time to score. Cleveland does the opposite but at the same time u have to play good defense to win a championship and they havent shown me they can do that

No offense dude, but saying this simply means that winning basketball games= slowing the game down.. so any team in the nba can win a game by wasting 23 seconds of the shot clock before taking a shot?

turiaf for president
05-04-2009, 11:53 AM

they are always last because they have nash and amare on the floor 95% of the time. seriously do you even watch basketball?

Yuushi12
05-04-2009, 11:55 AM
win one fluke ring in 25 years after years of giving the clippers a run for their money for the league worst...........its gonna be another 25 years before the celtics come close to winning another ring. gluck with a future of rondo perkins and big baby

+1 major props to the celtics for winning the title last year but to say the least, the celtics are built to contend for only a couple of seaons. 3 seasons max. without their big three, the celts are bs.

BUMP
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
with Glen Davis on their team, they will be tough to beat

better yet....Scalabrine :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Thank god the few Boston fans on this site (LnGrrrR and BostonGuy) don't post crap like this.

rayray2k8
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
What the hell? Celtics fan in disguise?
Wake up man, the celtics will be lucky to even get 2 games off of Orlando.
Hell, even 1 game!

Lerbillia
05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Whatever, there's a reason they won the title lastyear. Yes we are missing KG but we have learned to play without him and we have already been tested against the Bulls. Its gonna be fun stomping the Magic next round

Leetonidas
05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
You calling someone a moron is pretty funny.

You talking to me like you're even in the same echelon as me is pretty funny.

Simmer down, little boy.

dirk4mvp
05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Who the fuck are you?

Simmer down, little boy.

Burn?

Extra Stout
05-04-2009, 12:21 PM
From this thread we have learned that preteens in New England have enough web savvy to find this site.

JoeTait75
05-04-2009, 12:29 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HBC3kV-HhjM/R2mprPj5uiI/AAAAAAAAAOE/2q2PfV57Txo/s320/DocHoliday.jpg

They're a daisy if they do.

Extra Stout
05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
You talking to me like you're even in the same echelon as me is pretty funny.

Simmer down, little boy.
Why are you arguing with a 10-year-old child?

LnGrrrR
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
To turn this into a fruitful conversation...

Actually, I'm pretty happy with what Big Baby Davis showed in this series. He's got a decent jumper, and surprisingly quick hands.

Rondo is already one of the better PG's (in the top ten I'd say) and will continue to get better.

Perkins is.. well, he's a decent big man, and that's better than having a sucky one heh.

Pierce, Allen and KG are definitely not getting younger, and we better hope we get lucky in the lottery three or four years from now. I think a little lottery luck is due, after missing out on Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant.

And of course, we'll have to keep Scalabrine for the transition from old to young... :lol

hater
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Big Fat Baby is putting up incredible numbers out there. and Perkins is playing like Hakeem. IMO this madnees can't keep going for too long. with all their starters playing close to 40mpg, Celtics will start to break down and will get crushed eventually.

bostonguy
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Repeat? Maybe on NBA 2K9 for xbox 360. The season is already over for the Celts. The question is when will it end. This round or the next. My money is it ends this series against the Magic.

BUMP
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
This thread isnt complete until Boston Pancake makes an appearance

fevertrees
05-04-2009, 04:52 PM
If you shut down Kobe, who else do they have? LUKE WALTON

poop
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
i hate boston but they are certainly capable of making it to the finals again.

UrAphag
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
This guy takes the word retard to a whole different level.

05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Boston will repeat as nba champs.:clap:clap:cheer:cheer

Spursmania
05-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Celtics will not have a chance to win the LOB without Garnett, IMO.

UltimA
05-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Celtics won't win the Finals without Garnett, they can't beat Cleveland or the Lakers in a seven game series right now.

Yuushi12
05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Celtics won't win the Finals without Garnett, they can't beat Cleveland or the Lakers in a seven game series right now.

I can't even see them getting past orlando

Jacob1983
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
The Celtics are done. There is no way that they can win the championship this year without KG. And let's not forget that their time in the sunshine was last year. Stern wants Kobe vs. Lebron in the Finals this year.