PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Exec of Yr

1Parker1
05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4131983

:lol For the Billups trade...interesting. That's a slap to AI. I can't decide if this Billups trade is overhyped or not. I mean, the Nuggets did get out of the first round and the 2nd seed, but they had the easiest opponent in the Blazers. And I think the improvement of their role players and Melo has just as much to do with their better record and improved play. Plus, their bigs are finally healthy at once, which hasn't happened in a while.

BUMP
05-04-2009, 11:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4131983

:lol For the Billups trade...interesting. That's a slap to AI. I can't decide if this Billups trade is overhyped or not. I mean, the Nuggets did get out of the first round and the 2nd seed, but they had the easiest opponent in the Blazers. And I think the improvement of their role players and Melo has just as much to do with their better record and improved play. Plus, their bigs are finally healthy at once, which hasn't happened in a while.

:wow

Steve Kerr
05-04-2009, 11:59 AM
This should have been my 2nd consecutive executive award. No one will ever have the fun Nash had this season.

1Parker1
05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
:wow

Well, out of all the playoff teams in the West, I think most would agree the Blazers were probably the easiest opponent...their collective inexperience was on full display once the playoffs started. They looked like a completely different team.

ploto
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I mean, the Nuggets did get out of the first round and the 2nd seed, but they had the easiest opponent in the Blazers.

Nuggets played New Orleans.

ploto
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Well, out of all the playoff teams in the West, I think most would agree the Blazers were probably the easiest opponent...their collective inexperience was on full display once the playoffs started. They looked like a completely different team.

Blazers- Houston series was the only first round match-up in the West that went to 6 games. Considering Utah, SA, and New Orleans all lost in 5 games, you might want to reconsider your opinion of Portland.

benefactor
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
A deserved award. The Billups trade is borderline historic in how it changed the direction of this franchise.

1Parker1
05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Nuggets played New Orleans.

:lol Ok, I just inserted my foot in my mouth. I was thinking of the Rockets for whatever reason. I'm at work in my defense!

Regardless, I'm not sure exactly how much better Billups specifically has made the Nuggets, or it's more of the maturation of Melo and the role players being healthy and finally meshing. Either way, I don't know which other Exec could have gotten it...certainly not the Spurs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-04-2009, 01:48 PM
:lol Ok, I just inserted my foot in my mouth. I was thinking of the Rockets for whatever reason. I'm at work in my defense!

Regardless, I'm not sure exactly how much better Billups specifically has made the Nuggets, or it's more of the maturation of Melo and the role players being healthy and finally meshing. Either way, I don't know which other Exec could have gotten it...certainly not the Spurs.

It was Billups. That team went from being one of the worst defensive teams with Marcus Camby to being one of the better defensive teams even after they traded Camby. Sure Anthony's maturation played a big role there but you can just see how Detroit's defense deteriorated after they traded Billups for A.I.

jacobdrj
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
It was Billups. That team went from being one of the worst defensive teams with Marcus Camby to being one of the better defensive teams even after they traded Camby. Sure Anthony's maturation played a big role there but you can just see how Detroit's defense deteriorated after they traded Billups for A.I.

Well, the defence collapsed 'while' AI was in the game, but the defense was actualy ok when he wasn't in. The offense was just completely useless, and there has been a complete lack of interior defense since 2006.

Billups slows the game down and allows the other players to set their defense. Martin is no defensive slouch (he is a tough-as-nails defender) and Billups is good enough defensively where he balances out Melo and Nene. Birdman has been quite the Mourning-like suprise. I'd take him over Camby, were their contracts equal.

He made a good addition by subtraction, but I'd sooner give EotY to the guy running the Rockets. Finally getting rid of Alston. Getting Artest, while keeping Shane. Building a quality shooting team around Yao. He gets my vote.

Allanon
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
I would never have believed that Chauncey Billups would make such a difference. I remember earlier in his career, he was a total scrub just bouncing from one team to the next.

But now, he's made the Nuggets a #2 seed and turned the perennial ECF Pistons into a loser.

jacobdrj
05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Looking back, doesn't that 2006 MVP just seem a little bit... misplaced?

Morg1411
05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Dallas actually has the talent to beat this team but they get scared when the Thuggets start bullying them... the Lakers wont.

You're so tough it's scary.

FlavoredIcecream
05-04-2009, 04:57 PM
:lol Blazers. :king:wow

tlongII
05-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Well...I guess I know how 1Parker1 really feels about the Blazers now... :depressed