PDA

View Full Version : This what we need to do to contend.

D-ROB 50
05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Elite teams,...hell even shitty teams have three guys who could score. What we need are three scorers and 1 x-factor. The x-factor does not have to be the same guy every night, right? If we look at the elite teams LA, Cavs, Celts, even the Magic they have several scorers not necesarily stars, huslte players and defenders, and at least one guy who can hit big shots,(fisher,e. house, hedo, and pick your poison on the cavs). In the past we have been lucky enough to have all of that. Now time has caught up to us a bit. To contend, this is what we need to do. First of all we need to shed some guys: oberto, bonner, jv, udoka, fin, and dont kill me but money mason. I love the guy but he really choked in the playoffs and he really has a hard time creating his own shot. Some of his decline could be because of pop though.

Bigs-
F Timmy / gooden
C find a way to bring Splitter / Ian / Kt
PG Parker / Hill
SG Manu / Bring in Rudy fernandez or Ben Gordon
SF Bring in Salmons, Ariza, or TPrince / Bring in the Gist and Hairston

+ one hustle guy Brandon Bass, Chris Anderson,Gortat, or find a way to bring back pops.

*If We cant bring in salmons, ariza or prince i am confident that gist and hairston can produce.
* If we cant bring in Splitter (which we probably wont) sheed or chris anderson, or dahntay jones, could do.

this could leave us with
PF Timmy / gooden
C Ian / KT / Sheed or Chris Anderson or Gortat
SG Manu / Ben Gordon or Rudy Fernandez
PG Parker / Hill
SF Gist / Bowen / Hairston

+ two hustle guys Brandon Bass or that guy from the thunder who killed us Thabo Sefelosha

I kind of like the second option it seems more possible either way we would be improved.
What do we think?

FromWayDowntown
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
It sounds like what the Spurs need is really an abolition of the salary cap.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-04-2009, 01:41 PM
It sounds like what the Spurs need is really an abolition of the salary cap.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SenorSpur
05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Ambitious plan, isn't it?

D-ROB 50
05-04-2009, 02:19 PM
ok, the first option is totally unrealistic, but the second option could that be done?
Players like hairston, gist, sheed, and gooden are not in postion to demand top dollar. the only player who could would be gordon. Can anyone give other "realistic" opinions or options? I'm also here to learn. damn.

FromWayDowntown
05-04-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not offering this to be condescending, but if you're here to learn, I'd strong suggest that you spend some time reading through the many threads in the Think Tank subforum. A lot of people who know a lot of basketball -- and a lot about meddlesome things like the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Salary Cap -- are talking about this kind of stuff. It's a great place to learn.

D-ROB 50
05-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Is this possible?
If it is I like it.

PF Duncan / Gooden
C Sheed / Ian / KT
PG Parker / Hill
SG Manu / Rudy Fernandez OR Ben Gordon

+ couple role players

What do you think?

D-ROB 50
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm not offering this to be condescending, but if you're here to learn, I'd strong suggest that you spend some time reading through the many threads in the Think Tank subforum. A lot of people who know a lot of basketball -- and a lot about meddlesome things like the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Salary Cap -- are talking about this kind of stuff. It's a great place to learn.

Thank You

duncan228
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
...if you're here to learn, I'd strong suggest that you spend some time reading through the many threads in the Think Tank subforum. A lot of people who know a lot of basketball -- and a lot about meddlesome things like the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Salary Cap -- are talking about this kind of stuff. It's a great place to learn.

It's incredible. SpursTalk has upped their game this year. Being able to have the information at our fingertips is fantastic. And MB and Bruno have done a great job at explaining things in a way that makes it easier to understand. They're also wonderful at answering questions which makes it easier to ask.

It's fun to toss around ideas on how we'd each better the team, it's even more fun when those ideas can be based in some reality.

TheDarkSide.
05-04-2009, 02:42 PM
what is the deal with these mediocre role players in the league making 7 million plus a year? I heard Charles barkley saying there's soon to be a lockout because these average players are getting waaaaaay to overpaid which i agree with.

rayray2k8
05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
ok, the first option is totally unrealistic, but the second option could that be done?
Players like hairston, gist, sheed, and gooden are not in postion to demand top dollar. the only player who could would be gordon. Can anyone give other "realistic" opinions or options? I'm also here to learn. damn.

Do you know what a salary cap is??
Try fantasy basketball. :rolleyes

sananspursfan21
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Do you know what a salary cap is??
Try fantasy basketball. :rolleyes

:lol

well then in that case, add lebron and chris bosh in there! and put dwayne wade in there somewhere!

ss1986v2
05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Is this possible?
If it is I like it.

PF Duncan / Gooden
C Sheed / Ian / KT
PG Parker / Hill
SG Manu / Rudy Fernandez OR Ben Gordon

+ couple role players

What do you think?

no, its not. we only have the MLE to spend, and we might not even get to offer the full thing.

you have us spending far and above that: all/some of the MLE for sheed, then spending it again on gooden. plus whatever it takes to land gordon, which is probably a 8-10 mil starting salary or trading some combination of finley/bonner/nothing for fernandez?

beyond pipe dream...

mingus
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
sign Sheed to the MLE , then trade everybody else except the Big 4 + Mason Jr. , Hill , bring in Mahinmi and Gist to see what there value is ... i hope i never ever see Vaughn , Finley , Oberto , Udoka , Bonner in a Spurs uniform again though ... Thomas still has something left in him as a reserve big (like Kevin Willis a while back) ...

Ditty
05-04-2009, 05:02 PM
how bout everyone gives 20 bucks to cheap holt to make this happen