Bruno
05-04-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.basketsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rodrigue-beaubois.jpg

Height: 6-2
Weight: 170 lbs
Birthday: 02/24/1988
Current team: Cholet (France)
Nationality: French

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rodrigue-Beaubois-1298/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/rodrigue-beaubois)

He enters for the third in the draft so he can't withdraw from the draft.
His agent (the same than Batum and Mahinmi), said that teams like Thunder, Blazers and Spurs have been interested in him for 2 years.
He is a very athletic player with good ballhandling and slashing skills. He must mainly improve his playmaking skills and his jumpshot.
I will be really surprised if he isn't drafted. He is the perfect candidate for a draft and stash scenario. If he is still available for Spurs second pick (#51), I wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs picking him.

timvp
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I forgot where I saw him play but he at least has the athletic tools. Whenever it was I saw him play he still lacked a lot of basketball skill.

But yeah, he's probably a solid draft-n-stack candidate. That agent has helped the Spurs before so he might hide Beaubois with the promise of one of those last two picks. That said, the Blazers would probably then just pick him because they "sniffed it out" :rolleyes

If the Spurs do a draft-n-stash, where would he play in the upcoming years? Stay in the French league or is in line to move up the ranks?

Bruno
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
If the Spurs do a draft-n-stash, where would he play in the upcoming years? Stay in the French league or is in line to move up the ranks?

He has still two years of contract with his team in France. The most important for his development is that he plays PG, it is without a doubt where he could make it in the NBA. This year, he played both PG and SG.

objective
05-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Beaubois highlights :

Bbcchx0ipwA

Ditty
05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
oooo like the highlights

get him and bring him over in 2010

DPG21920
05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Didn't he work out for the Blazers before this last draft?

Edit: bS4dnLdKX3k

Here is a small pre-draft workout clip of him (mostly the other guys in the video though). It was for the Wizards.

Ditty
05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
hope he goes #23 in the second round (last pick for the spurs)

tomtom
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
he sure likes to shoot them 3's

05-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Beaubois highlights :

Bbcchx0ipwA
anyone who has a highlight video can't be bad.

mathbzh
05-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Rodrigue season with Cholet is over.

He finished the season with a 31 pts / 8ast / 5 stl game (and the win over Roanne, a playoff team).

He had a good season (10 pts/3rbds/2ast in 22 minutes).
But more important he finished the season very strong. In the last 10 games of the season he averaged 16.7 apg(54%, 37% 3pt)/3rpg/3.7 apg/1.5 spg in 27 minutes.

With his athletic tools and his learning curve, I think he could be a great second round pick. Only concern is I am not sure he can make the transition to PG (right now he is much more successful as a SG).

duncan228
05-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Dallas Mavericks work out French point guard (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/052109dnspomavsdate.41702da.html)
By Eddie Sefco / The Dallas Morning News

Is the Tony Parker influence about to make its way to the NBA?

The San Antonio Spurs point guard has been in the league eight seasons, and now a trickle of NBA-quality French players is starting to show up.

It's not exactly a pipeline. But at least it's a trickle.

On Wednesday, the Mavericks worked out Rodrigue Beaubois, a 6-1 point guard who has played the last three seasons for Cholet in the French league.

Beaubois, 21, said Parker's success is helping players like himself.

"When I was younger, I tried to watch his game because he was the first player from France to really make it in the NBA," Beaubois said. "It's the NBA. And if you're a basketball player in France, he showed us that you can go to the NBA, too. It's a door that he opened."

Beaubois is considered a late first- or second-round selection for the June 25 draft. After working out for the Mavericks, he's headed to Miami for a session with the Heat, then Phoenix. After that, he'll visit other teams, although a schedule has not been set.

Like most draftees, Beaubois will go to Chicago next Thursday and Friday for the NBA draft combine.

Brazil
05-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Wait a minute a back-up pg prospect with pg skills ? not for the spurs

Mel_13
06-08-2009, 07:30 AM
From DX at Treviso:

-Rodrigue Beaubois sat out today’s action after injuring his wrist, a situation eerily similar to two years ago, where he also teased the NBA teams in attendance with an intriguing first game, and then subsequently shut it down for the rest of the camp. Beaubois has somewhat of a reputation for both being fairly injury prone and not the toughest guy around, and this probably doesn’t help on that front.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Reebok-Eurocamp-Day-Two-3251/

timvp
06-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Rodrigue Beaubois, PG, France
You have to love Beaubois' physical tools. He has a ridiculous 6-foot-10 wingspan and an impressive 39-inch vertical jump. As athletes go, he's as good as it gets in the draft. As a point guard? The jury is still out. He was aggressive in the Saturday game, but maybe a little too aggressive. He hurt his wrist for the second time in as many years and wasn't able to play Sunday. It was too bad, as everyone was geared up to see him go head to head with Mills.

I think his inability to show he is learning as a point guard hurt him a bit. He'll hear his name called in the second round for sure. But his first-round dreams probably ended with the wrist injury.

Chad Ford - Insider (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=DraftWatch-090608)

Might work in the backcourt next to George Hill.

mountainballer
06-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Might work in the backcourt next to George Hill.

wouldn't this be a duplication of Hill?

timvp
06-09-2009, 01:21 PM
wouldn't this be a duplication of Hill?That's the point. If you have two 1.5 guards, they should be able to handle the guard positions while providing flexibility.

TimDunkem
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
wouldn't this be a duplication of Hill?

It's a small ball lineup? Like Parker and Hill.

Zocalo
06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Well we do need more ball handlers and penetrators, but it would appear that his skill set is redundant with Hill projected to get more mins this coming year.

tav1
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
That's the point. If you have two 1.5 guards, they should be able to handle the guard positions while providing flexibility.

He's extremely shy and would blow over in a strong wind. He makes Rajon Rondo look strong. IMO, he's a year or two of weight training away from being passable in an NBA backcourt. There is a big difference between long and lean and long and frail.

Bruno
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
IMO, the best solution for Beaubois would be to spend one year in D-League playing full time PG like Bucks did with Sessions 2 years ago.

tav1
06-09-2009, 04:48 PM
IMO, the best solution for Beaubois would be to spend one year in D-League playing full time PG like Bucks did with Sessions 2 years ago.

I think he told me that he couldn't come over until 2011.

Bruno
06-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I think he told me that he couldn't come over until 2011.

He still has two years of contract but he has a NBA buyout clause in his contract.

will_spurs
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
He broke his foot today in a practice session in France for the NT. He won't be playing in the Worlds and they are unsure when he will be back, actually. I guess Cuban is happy.

Brazil
08-06-2010, 05:02 PM
He broke his foot today in a practice session in France for the NT. He won't be playing in the Worlds and they are unsure when he will be back, actually. I guess Cuban is happy.

France NT is cursed

I hope for Rodrigue he will be ok soon but it's a pretty serious injury