PDA

View Full Version : Past Trade Target: Brendan Haywood

pad300
05-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Career Stats

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/haywobr01.html

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0711/nba.dunks/images/wizards.brendan.haywood(3).jpg

He's with the Wizards, who are likely looking for cap relief (more than 76 million in salaries expected, unless they trade a very high draft pick). He missed 76 games with a wrist injury. Prior to that, he's been a solid C - rebounds, blocks, good defender, offensively efficient (doesn't go outside his limits, which are really close to the hoop).

His contract expires in 2010, which fits our cap plans. He's not part of the wizards big 3; next year is a building year for them and he will be a UFA after the season - he might just leave on them... So they are probably open to moving him (hopefully for immediate capspace - Oberto and Bowen).

My proposal :
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cr6otd

McGuire and Crittendon are filler...We would take DeShawn instead (which would be better for the wizards, more capspace), but only if we could guarantee him opting out in 2010, rather than keeping his 2011 year. That would look like this:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cl4k4z

Bruno
05-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I highly doubt Wizards will trade Haywood in that kind of trades.

TheSpursFNRule
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
If the Wizards trade anyone it would be Jamison. He's older and likely to decline sooner and obviously is more expensive. Haywood would be great but I can't really picture it happening.

05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
yeah... wizards have this delusion that they can become contenders as long as butler, arenas, and jamison stays healthy. they are not in rebuilding mode, just waiting for all three players to be healthy. it would probably take a season of disappointment before they blow things up.

Ditty
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
and the possibility of them adding rubio or even getting number 1 pick to get blake griffen there not going to give us this dissapoinment haywood

pad300
05-04-2009, 05:11 PM
If the Wizards trade anyone it would be Jamison. He's older and likely to decline sooner and obviously is more expensive. Haywood would be great but I can't really picture it happening.

Good luck on trading Jamison: as you say, he's older, declining already, and on a long term, expensive contract... If they can, more power to them. But you tell me which team is going to absorb that contract for them?

I highly doubt Wizards will trade Haywood in that kind of trades.

They clearly want to dump salary - you think their other options are more palatable? Their other assets are bunch of young guys who have played decent (Blatche, Mcgee, Pechovsky, Nick Young), and a very high first this year... Oh yeah, and Caron Butler. Do you think they are going to dump Butler for salary cap space, rather than Haywood?

and the possibility of them adding rubio or even getting number 1 pick to get blake griffen there not going to give us this dissapoinment haywood

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here - If Haywood's a disappointment, why wouldn't they move him?

Ditty
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Good luck on trading Jamison: as you say, he's older, declining already, and on a long term, expensive contract... If they can, more power to them. But you tell me which team is going to absorb that contract for them?

They clearly want to dump salary - you think their other options are more palatable? Their other assets are bunch of young guys who have played decent (Blatche, Mcgee, Pechovsky, Nick Young), and a very high first this year... Oh yeah, and Caron Butler. Do you think they are going to dump Butler for salary cap space, rather than Haywood?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here - If Haywood's a disappointment, why wouldn't they move him?

well if hes a dissapoinment why would you want him he sucks :rolleyes

ss1986v2
05-05-2009, 12:32 AM

if they are looking to dump salary, they start with mike james and etan thomas, not their starting center. id be willing to bet that they would even rather attach value to someone like songaila over moving haywood.

pad300
05-05-2009, 09:37 AM

if they are looking to dump salary, they start with mike james and etan thomas, not their starting center. id be willing to bet that they would even rather attach value to someone like songaila over moving haywood.

How are they going to get someone to take Mike James or Etan Thomas without including other assets? LOTS of other assets (2 or 3 young guys, or a young guy and a first) for either of them. Songaila might be tradeable, assuming that they include either one of their young guys or a first. But no one is going to take those contracts off their hands for nothing...