PDA

View Full Version : Martin fined $25K

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4137556

Seems a little excessive if you ask me. A push rarely hurts somebody.

dirk4mvp
05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Good. Fuck him. I hope he has fun watching Trina get tea bagged on the daily by other guys.

Spursmania
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Nothing new here. Martin, Carmelo, etc... did that to Ginobili, other players etc... several times throughout the playoff history of these 2 teams. I always called them (Denver) thugs, etc...
It's the road to the WCF though, what do you expect? The tougher team always wins the series. I think we know who the tougher team in this series is.

Ghazi
05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Nothing new here. Martin, Carmelo, etc... did that to Ginobili, other players etc... several times throughout the playoff history of these 2 teams. I always called them (Denver) thugs, etc...
It's the road to the WCF though, what do you expect? The tougher team always wins the series. I think we know who the tougher team in this series is.

What the fuck is toughness?

Killing your friend?

Being a backward fighting bitch?

Drugs?

Wearing a bunch of tattoos?

Talking like a fucking 5th grader? Nuggets are athletic, but they ain't "tough".

Get the fuck outta here w/ that shit.

pauls931
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM

Killing your friend?

Drugs?

Talking like a fucking 5th grader? Nuggets are athletic, but they ain't "tough".

don't worry, you can cheer for LA in the next round...

baseline bum
05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
It was a great foul. Dirk became a pussy for the rest of the game immediately after.

Spursmania
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM

Killing your friend?

Drugs?

No need to get upset. Toughness is just getting through the Nuggets. They have always been a physical team. If Dallas can't out play them with their physicality, it's over. I remember seething when I would watch the games between the Spurs and Nuggets because of so many cheap shots the Nuggets would take and get away with. Carmelo and Kenyon were the thugsters. But, in the end, the better and more physical team always wins.

Ghazi
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
It was a great foul. Dirk became a pussy for the rest of the game immediately after.

You didn't watch the game I take it.

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 07:41 PM
And Rondo gets nothing...shame.

BUMP
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM

28pts and 10reb. Both were game highs

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

Spursfan092120
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg
Yeah..despite the loss, Dirk had a great game...I was impressed.

BUMP
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah..despite the loss, Dirk had a great game...I was impressed.

I'm sure he thought he was in heaven after he went from constant fronting with backside help from a guard to take away the dribble to straight 1on1 coverage.

That's why Denver wont do shit this season even if they beat us, who are we kidding? Their coach is an idiot and the first time adversity hits they will just easily crash and burn like always.

NugzFan
05-05-2009, 01:55 AM

exactly. the push wasnt even that bad...definitely not fine worthy.

FlavoredIcecream
05-05-2009, 04:05 AM

Dirk became a pussy?
Hes always been a pussy. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 04:24 AM
Dirk was being aggressive and acting like every bit of contact was with a sledgehammer. He stopped doing both after that little push. It doesn't seem to meet the definition of a flagrant, but easily deserves a tech.

I wonder if the league rescinded the technical?

bus driver
05-05-2009, 08:28 AM

Killing your friend?

Drugs?

the nuggets might not be tough but dirk is a puss.....:wakeup

bus driver
05-05-2009, 08:30 AM

that will happen when the refs call foul for breathing on him.

Imposter Cleaner
05-05-2009, 08:34 AM
No suspension?

ratm1221
05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4137556

Seems a little excessive if you ask me. A push rarely hurts somebody.

Jerry Stackhouse got suspended for a game in the finals for pushing Shaq.

poop
05-05-2009, 10:36 AM
And Rondo gets nothing...shame.

exactly, what a travesty this is. gay ass Rondo can flagrant foul miller and knock his tooth out, and grab heinrich and throw him into the scorers table and its all ok because hes on the precious boston celtics.

such double standards make me sick.

Morg1411
05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
God, Dirk is a pussy.

Taco
05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
No video of this?

DaDakota
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Will Kobe be fined as well?

DD

BRHornet45
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
sons he was just doing what a true ride or die thug would do. no surprises here.

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
exactly, what a travesty this is. gay ass Rondo can flagrant foul miller and knock his tooth out, and grab heinrich and throw him into the scorers table and its all ok because hes on the precious boston celtics.

such double standards make me sick.
yup

duncan228
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Nuggets coach calls Martin fine ‘crazy’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nuggets-martinfined&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Nuggets coach George Karl disagrees with the $25,000 fine given to forward Kenyon Martin, calling it “way out of line and crazy.”

Martin was punished by the league Monday, the day after knocking Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki to the court in Denver’s second-round, series-opening win. The flagrant foul occurred with about six minutes left in the first quarter.

Game 2 is Tuesday night at Denver.

JamStone
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Good. Fuck him. I hope he has fun watching Trina get tea bagged on the daily by other guys.

Where can I sign up to teabag Trina?

ratm1221
05-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Nuggets coach calls Martin fine ‘crazy’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nuggets-martinfined&prov=ap&type=lgns)
Nuggets coach George Karl disagrees with the $25,000 fine given to forward Kenyon Martin, calling it “way out of line and crazy.”

Martin was punished by the league Monday, the day after knocking Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki to the court in Denver’s second-round, series-opening win. The flagrant foul occurred with about six minutes left in the first quarter.

Game 2 is Tuesday night at Denver.

So is Karl going to get fined now too? You aren't aloud to speak out against the NBA.

BUMP
05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
and the Nuggets trainwreck begins

icem
05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
that was a GREAT foul by martin. dirk was like 6-6 at that point, and went 6-16 the rest of the way.

i love what martin did there. i nice hard playoff foul that sent a message to a guy who was on fire. the entire nugget team was much more physical from that point on, and the mavs eventually shriveled under the intensity... typical mavs LOL

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure how that's even a nice hard playoff foul. At the time I thought Martin just pushed Dirk to prevent him from getting the continuation. I'll have to check the rulebook, but I don't think I've ever seen a flagrant foul that came AFTER the whistle before, and Martin's push was definitely after the initial foul for which he was called.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
that was a GREAT foul by martin. dirk was like 6-6 at that point, and went 6-16 the rest of the way.

i love what martin did there. i nice hard playoff foul that sent a message to a guy who was on fire. the entire nugget team was much more physical from that point on, and the mavs eventually shriveled under the intensity... typical mavs LOL

Stop posting please.

4-1 faggot.

gaKNOW!blee
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Stop posting please.

4-1 faggot.

Before his last sentence, he didn't say anything stupid. His first few sentences were right.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
No, the entire post was stupid

It wasn't a "hard playoff foul", it was a blatant shove/unnecessary contact when the play was over and Dirk was basically out of bounds.

It didn't send a message either considering Dirk continued to attack after that. He went 6-16 due to simply missing shots and the Birdman.

gaKNOW!blee
05-05-2009, 04:30 PM
So you dont think he was looking out the corner of his eye at all for Martin? I say going 6-16 means he was.

DPG21920
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Compared to the other hard fouls in this year's playoffs, the fine was way out of line. No question.

Morg1411
05-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Cuban pissed and whined and probably threw a few hundred thousands at the NBA, hence the fine on Martin. Next time Martin should just foul Cuban.

MavDynasty
05-05-2009, 05:05 PM
fuck kenyon martin god damn cock sucking p\peiuce of shit.

he is just shooting shots and making shots and sucking the dick he is supposed to suck.its a fluke motha fuckers just like chriss fall

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 05:44 PM
It didn't send a message either considering Dirk continued to attack after that. He went 6-16 due to simply missing shots and the Birdman.

It wasn't a hard playoff foul, but there's no way you believe that it didn't effect Dirk after that. It did exactly what Erick Dampier talked about doing to Tony Parker, and was therefore exactly as smart as Damp's comment to the media was not. Were you defending such a course of action as being strategically prudent at the time the shoe was on the other foot?

STX_21
05-05-2009, 06:20 PM
This is the most infuriating thing I've seen this playoffs. The NBA CANNOT be serious. You look at the tape, and conclude based on WHAT that this constitutes a flagrant foul?
This, a few days after you watch Rondo clothesline Brad Miller in the face and throw Hinrich into the scorers table and decided this was nothing more than a good old playoff foul. What's worse is that people are on this board talking about the Nuggets being thugs instead of nothing the blatant inconsistency by the NBA office.
The Nuggets have been playing great defense this playoffs. They've played much better defense than our beloved Spurs played in the first round. And for Spurs fans, you'd think we'll be all good with the tough play. Instead we're here bitchin because some lil pussy puts on a big time acting job.

It always amuses me how the "thug" label gets put on black guys who wear tattoos, braid their hair, and get in 3 fights a year.....some of you guys need to get from behind the computer and meet a few people.

DPG21920
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Compared to the other hard fouls in this year's playoffs, the fine was way out of line. No question.

What's worse is that people are on this board talking about the Nuggets being thugs instead of nothing the blatant inconsistency by the NBA office.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, they are thugs...

Biggems
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
God, Dirk is a pussy.

Indeed, I have never seen so many cats outside of an NBA arena in my life......like I did in Game 1 of the first round......the tuna between Dirks legs was attracting them from miles away

Biggems
05-05-2009, 10:29 PM
WOW......did I just see a smart basketball play by JR Smith? Son of a gun, that boy does have an inkling of BBall IQ

wireonfire
05-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Reputation fine.

NugzFan
05-06-2009, 05:09 AM
and the Nuggets trainwreck begins

huh? a flagrant foul and a fine = trainwreck? :rolleyes

NugzFan
05-06-2009, 05:09 AM
This is the most infuriating thing I've seen this playoffs. The NBA CANNOT be serious. You look at the tape, and conclude based on WHAT that this constitutes a flagrant foul?
This, a few days after you watch Rondo clothesline Brad Miller in the face and throw Hinrich into the scorers table and decided this was nothing more than a good old playoff foul. What's worse is that people are on this board talking about the Nuggets being thugs instead of nothing the blatant inconsistency by the NBA office.
The Nuggets have been playing great defense this playoffs. They've played much better defense than our beloved Spurs played in the first round. And for Spurs fans, you'd think we'll be all good with the tough play. Instead we're here bitchin because some lil pussy puts on a big time acting job.

It always amuses me how the "thug" label gets put on black guys who wear tattoos, braid their hair, and get in 3 fights a year.....some of you guys need to get from behind the computer and meet a few people.

awesome post.

poop
05-06-2009, 11:42 AM
This, a few days after you watch Rondo clothesline Brad Miller in the face and throw Hinrich into the scorers table and decided this was nothing more than a good old playoff foul. .

yes but dear Rondo is on the beloved Boston Celtics so its ok for him to do anything, they will just get a slap on the wrist.

im so sick of everyone still licking boston's vagina including the TNT guys. Rondo is a dirty little bitch, and everyone's afraid to admit it. can you imagine if it had been Bruce Bowen who did those two things that Rondo did? we'd never hear the end of it.

Taco
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
dC-pzv34c50

Haha right.

Dirk flopped like a German Vagina.
:wakeup