PDA

View Full Version : In America, should a man pay for the bill?

Rapper
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
If you men had a dinner with your female friends (not wife, not girl friends and not significant other, just common friends) at a restaurant,should you american guys pay for the bill?

Cause an american boy told me that american people like "take turns"???

is this true??

mrsmaalox
05-04-2009, 11:24 PM
If it's someone I see frequently, we do take turns. For a date, I usually go by whoever did the inviting pays. Otherwise, everyone just pays for their own.

CuckingFunt
05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
If it's someone I see frequently, we do take turns. For a date, I usually go by whoever did the inviting pays. Otherwise, everyone just pays for their own.

Same here.

I've also got a few friends, male and female, with whom I go out often enough that we usually just split the tab evenly under the assumption that whatever small difference there is in our totals will work itself out eventually.

SequSpur
05-04-2009, 11:58 PM
hell no.

marini martini
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
hell no.

:toast

Get the calculator out!!!:lol

BlackSwordsMan
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
only if she's your mom you pay

TDMVPDPOY
05-05-2009, 03:57 AM
split the bills

only time you pay is when you know ur getting some action that night

Xylus
05-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Yes, bills are split pretty evenly among my friends, male and female. In romantic relationships, it's a little different, but with a non-intimate female friend, I would take turns paying for meals and such.

Xylus
05-05-2009, 04:00 AM
split the bills

only time you pay is when you know ur getting some action that night

TDMVPDPOY has a lot of money saved up for just that occasion.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2009, 04:51 AM
If you men had a dinner with your female friends (not wife, not girl friends and not significant other, just common friends) at a restaurant,should you american guys pay for the bill?

is this true??

If you're clever, you can use this conundrum to power the drive of a starship.

Bukefal
05-05-2009, 04:57 AM
I guess it's almost everywhere the same. The man takes the bill. When a couple is together for a longer time, than the female can take the bill sometimes too. But still, mostly the man.

LnGrrrR
05-05-2009, 07:24 AM

is this true??

Depends if you're sleeping with her or not. :)

SpursStalker
05-05-2009, 08:34 AM

is this true??

Just friends? Everyone should pay their own way.

Date? Depends on who does the asking ...

I've been know to pick up the tab a few times.

:)

JoeChalupa
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Separate checks is what I ask for unless I'm picking up the tab. On our first date we split the tab after that I paid most of the time and still do.

ploto
05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Interesting- I have always had more male friends than female ones, and the male friends often insist on paying, even though we are not on a date and drove separate.

JoeChalupa
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Interesting- I have always had more male friends than female ones, and the male friends often insist on paying, even though we are not on a date and drove separate.

That is just in case opportunity knocks.

mrsmaalox
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM

Well then you have obviously been a good friend to some very thoughtful people :toast

mexicanjunior
05-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Depends on who did the inviting...

ididnotnothat
05-05-2009, 10:11 AM

I agree. In today's world women should not expect the man to pay.

101A
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Splitting checks ends when the amount of a meal and drinks become relatively insignificant to a person's budget. I haven't split checks in a dozen years, regardless of who I'm eating with; somebody grabs the check, and covers the table; almost always a guy. I don't think I've ever let a woman pay for my meal.

peewee's lovechild
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
If I pick up the tab, the chick better be putting out.

ashbeeigh
05-05-2009, 12:05 PM

:tu and splitting the check and taking turns. It all depends on the relationship.

angel_luv
05-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Doesn't matter. The woman can either pay for it herself out of the man's wallet or let him have his wallet back long enough to get the money out himself.

:lol

ploto
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Splitting checks ends when the amount of a meal and drinks become relatively insignificant to a person's budget.

I think that is more like my circumstances- the cost of a lunch means little to the guy relatively speaking, so he pays for it.

Cane
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I was raised to pay for everything for a woman and treat her like a goddess. After I realized that my mom was training me to be a husband than a man I stopped paying for my dates' food, movie ticket, whatever and have gotten free meals from ladies since =D

tlongII
05-05-2009, 06:43 PM
If she's hot I pay.

Strike
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
My dad always told me that the one who does the inviting does the paying. It's never steered me wrong.

In the case of a group of people doing dinner, split the bill accordingly.

Strike
05-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I was raised to pay for everything for a woman and treat her like a goddess. After I realized that my mom was training me to be a husband than a man I stopped paying for my dates' food, movie ticket, whatever and have gotten free meals from ladies since =D

Words to live by. :tu

Das Texan
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Women want equal rights, pay your own fucking bill.

If you dont want equal rights, then I'll gladly pay.

Cant have your cake and eat it too.

usckk
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Women want equal rights, pay your own fucking bill.

If you dont want equal rights, then I'll gladly pay.

Cant have your cake and eat it too.

Does this mean all dorm rooms and bathrooms now should be unisex?

Strike
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM

cue my sig...

Das Texan
05-05-2009, 07:34 PM

sure cause then maybe they will actually clean the fucking men's room every now and then.

FaithInOne
05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Guy always pays, without question. Southern hospitality :hat

Das Texan
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Guy always pays, without question. Southern hospitality :hat

Do you also expect the cooking and cleaning to be done by the woman?

Also southern hospitality.

:hat

Road House Captain
05-08-2009, 01:46 PM

is this true??

Fuck no. I have a job as do all my friends. They earn money too, why not pay for themselves?

I mean, the Road House always has cheap eats. You won't see me footing the bill for a chick unless she goes down on me in the closet.

Road House Captain
05-08-2009, 01:51 PM
If I pick up the tab, the chick better be putting out.

:lol

High five pimp