PDA

View Full Version : Not since Game 2 of the 2008 NBA Finals have I seen reffing this bad

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Just horrid, horrid, reffing tonight.

I don't even care about how the Rockets played. I'm just commenting on the terrible lopsided BS officiating.

The Lakers had no chance to comeback in this game.

coldsweat
05-05-2009, 12:11 AM
:whine

j-money24
05-05-2009, 12:11 AM
STFU. The Rockets are simply better tonight..
You need to stop making excuses like you always do.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh eat a fucking dick. Sunday's Mavs/Nugs game was worse.

LA just got outplayed tonight

IronMexican
Lakers lost. Get over it.

lurker
http://i24.tinypic.com/295wfu9.gif

Ditty
05-05-2009, 12:13 AM
well then i should complain how the refs screwed the spurs in game 5 this year against the mavs and last year against yall

put a sock in it house

yall will most likely win the series

but in 7 games

IronMexican
05-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Honestly House, I don't usually like calling out Laker fans, but c'mon. Lakers just went out there and lose. Stop the bitching.

Budkin
05-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Only clear miss I saw was the out of bounds call on Odom.

timtonymanu
05-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Haha.... one game out of 14532 games that didnt go ur way and u bitch.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
There were several momentum shifters that completely negated any chance the Lakers had of coming back.

The blown LO call would have had the lead down to 4 with the Rockets scrambling. The Lakers were up by 1 at one point in the 4th and the Rockets go on a 7-0 run. All the result of foul calls. This game, if it was not fixed, was the worst display of NBA officiating I have seen since Game 2 of last year's finals.

The Lakers played like shit, but this could have been a winnable game if the refs did their fucking jobs.

Mugen
05-05-2009, 12:27 AM
lol at this hypocrite.

lakers missed shots, they should still win in 6.

Banzai
05-05-2009, 12:30 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/36/Butt_Pat.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3320)

flipcritic
05-05-2009, 12:30 AM
This can't be house. House knows what he's talking about.

kamikazi_player
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
lol he's butthurt

DaDakota
OMFG....maybe if the Lakers stopped shooting jumpers.

Battier gets hit in the HEAD and gets no call....

This was a decently officiated game.

Just grab some crow and eat it.

DD

DPG21920
:cry:cry

sook
I still say you guys in 6 but get fucking real. No one made Odumb miss all those FTs. Missed calls both ways, we had our leader mauled by vujabitch. We dodged a bullet, you GUYS COULD NOT HAVE PLAYED WORSE. That is what scares me, we know portland won't win in houston but i am almost certain we will drop a game at the TC

timvp
05-05-2009, 12:35 AM
San Antonio doesn't have enough Mexican food restaurants.

The Utah Jazz are racist against white players.

Mavs fans love Dwyane Wade.

Shane Battier doesn't have weird folds in his head.

Chris Andersen has never done meth.

The Lakers got screwed by the refs.

The Third Man
05-05-2009, 12:35 AM

I don't even care about how the Rockets played. I'm just commenting on the terrible lopsided BS officiating.

You are a fucking pussy. Stop whining.

Capt Bringdown
05-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Hush little baby
http://www.illinoisfamily.org/content/img/f27519/Baby-crying.jpg

Banzai
05-05-2009, 12:38 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/orly.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3933)
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/AMERICAN_PSYCHO1.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3721)
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4858/blockedvk7.gif

iggypop123
05-05-2009, 12:41 AM
they blew a lot of calls but it wasnt that bad. it was just magnified by the missed shots and 3's. had the lakers mad their shots the bad refs wouldnt have affected the outcome. its just making shots. the refs eventually have to be fair .

Indazone
05-05-2009, 12:42 AM
http://www.milkmanthefilm.com/akirawing/img/Worlds%20Smallest%20Violin.jpg

Cry me a River

Roxsfan

oh, the irony.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2woabl2.gif

RedsLakers24
Lakers lost get over it, just hope Gasol shows up next time, blame it on gasol not the refs, besides the lakers were shooting jumpers

ElNono
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Adelman is just calling it even from the ripoff he had to endure in Sacramento.
Don't come telling us about bad reffed games, when your fucking Center played like a big vagina, Kobe took half the game off, and Odumb couldn't hit the side of a barn from the free throw line.
Houston won fair and square tonight.

Lars
05-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Tllong is that you?

Biggems
05-05-2009, 12:49 AM

now who is the little bitch whining about the refs.....

IMO, the game was reffed ok, except for a few calls here and there. I thought the refs let both teams be physical and play for most of the game. It was only down the stretch that they started calling some sissy fouls.

btw, maybe if the Lakers didnt go 2-forever from 3pt land, they might have won this game.

the reason the Rockets won, wasn't cause of the refs....it was because they refused to go out like bitches in the 4th, the way they did during the regular season against the Lakers.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2009, 12:51 AM

Ahhh, the sweet, sweet scent of hypocrisy.

Props to Iron Mexican for being a real fan.

Props to House for being a world-class douchenozzle.

timvp
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this but,

:lmao Laker Fan pulling the ref card against an Adelman coached team.

cobbler
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I've said it to fans of other team who whine about the refs and I'll say it again even to a Laker fan.

Bitching about the refs is a pussy move and nothing more. No way you let a call or two determine a game if you are a true champion. The Lakers were rusty from the long time between games and it showed. Houston outplayed them.

House... I love your enthusiasm for the team but you really make yourself look like a fool with threads like this.

The refs had nothing to do with this loss.

Spursfan092120
05-05-2009, 12:53 AM
http://i24.tinypic.com/295wfu9.gif
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p329/zombie1967/Terrell-Owens-crying.gif?t=1241502808

j-money24
05-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Tllong is that you?

Speaking of TlongII, i think he already committed suicide, havent seen him post since his team got spanked.

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2009, 12:57 AM
LOL lakers

Biggems
05-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Speaking of TlongII, i think he already committed suicide, havent seen him post since his team got spanked.

He is probably at some bath house requesting to be anally gang raped the way the Blazers were by the Rockets

Artest93
05-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Yao had that refuse-to-lose mentality, and he is a major reason why Rockets won

cobbler
05-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Lakers lost get over it, just hope Gasol shows up next time, blame it on gasol not the refs, besides the lakers were shooting jumpers

Gasol? Come on. He was 6 for 14. Kobe was 14-31 (1 for 7 from 3) and fish was 3-10 (0 for 4 from 3). Ariza 0 for 4 from 3. Sasha 0 for 2 from 3. Lamar 1 for 6 from the free throw line.

Gasol? Really?

The Lakers cannot play much worse and Houston cannot play much better. No worries here.

J.T.
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
I lolled when Doug Collins was saying the Lakers were only down by two 3-pt possessions then Vujabitch misses a chance to intercept a bad pass and lay it up for deuces, then after Houston's free throws he just runs down the court and bricks a 3 without even looking for Kobe. Epic Laker fail. I don't know how this guy is still in a Laker jersey.

iggypop123
05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
seriously the rockets desrve credit. they played out of their minds. problem is they cant go nuts offensively for a 7 game series and the lakers cant be crap for that long either. things will even out and we will see better competition

YellowFever
05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Good teams find ways to overcome bad reffing.

We were horrendous tonight. No excuses.

This team is soft and lackadasical.

Luckily, the rest of the league is just bad enough for me to still believe we might win the ring this year.

Rockets handed us our asses tonight.

Fair and Square.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2009, 01:22 AM
No worries here.

That's pretty much the attitude that got L.A. into trouble in the first place, almost several times against Utah.

If the Lake Show feels that way for game 2, they might be packing their bags going back 0-2 to Houston.

I've still yet to see any kind of defense from their bench.

Yuushi12
05-05-2009, 01:22 AM

rofl

Allanon
05-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Gasol? Come on. He was 6 for 14. Kobe was 14-31 (1 for 7 from 3) and fish was 3-10 (0 for 4 from 3). Ariza 0 for 4 from 3. Sasha 0 for 2 from 3. Lamar 1 for 6 from the free throw line.

Gasol? Really?

The Lakers cannot play much worse and Houston cannot play much better. No worries here.

Yes, I gotta agree, Gasol was the REAL stinker tonight.

Gasol is much quicker than Yao, but all he did was shoot jumpers and got owned by Yao on defense.

Expect much more from the #2 guy on the team.

Bynum's offense, pretty good, defense sucked and those quick fouls were just dumb.

Odom shot 50% but missed 5 free throws.

Ghazi
05-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Lakers are at 69 wins over 88 games.

75 win fucking ecstasy babY!!! :smokin

Allanon
05-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Lakers are at 69 wins over 88 games.

75 win fucking ecstasy babY!!! :smokin

Enjoy the ring, baby....2006 Dallas Mavericks NBA Champions!! :downspin:

quickerblade
05-05-2009, 01:29 AM
kobe and his fucken jumpers. drive, he is better when he drives, in the last minute he was doing it, he should be doing it from the 1st quarter.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Gasol the king of soft chokers is at it again.

Forgive Kobe, once again his mind was on more urgent matters

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f83/mattstocking/kobepredator.jpg

Please forgive him Laker fans he cannot be expect to focus on game with such legal matters to deal with.

baseline bum
05-05-2009, 01:36 AM
House has to be one of BUMPs trolls.

Mavs<Spurs
05-05-2009, 01:46 AM
You all have to remember that Gasol and Kobe shot much worse than their final numbers would indicate. Think of all the layups and the dunks that Kobe and Pau got when the Rockets were simply killing clock and trying not to foul.

If you take away all of those layups and dunks at the end of the game, their stats look much worse.

Rockets simply played better tonight. It wasn't the refs. Props to almost all of the Laker fans for admitting it (other than the original threadstarter).

I still think that the Lakers will win the series in 6. It would be hard for me to believe that the Lakers won't win either game 3 or game 4 in Houston.

And game 2 is probably a blow out with the Lakers winning easily.

And Houston has a major fear : how is Yao's knee ?

Kobe will shoot better, the Lakers will shoot better from 3, Artest won't keep making 3's. Probably.

However, this makes the Lakers look very beatable compared to the Cavs. the Cavs look like the best team in the playoffs just like they did in the regular season.

I can't understand how the Lakers could take a game off in this series. The Cavs are unlikely to take any games off in their series and they will certainly not lose at home, probably will sweep the Hawks.

Bottom line: you will still win the series, but you have some real soul searching to do if you want to beat the Cavs in a 7 game series in the NBA Finals where the Cavs will have home court.

:wakeup

baseline bum
05-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Houston just beat a team they're supposed to beat. Nothing to see here.

Caltex2
05-05-2009, 01:55 AM
seriously the rockets desrve credit. they played out of their minds. problem is they cant go nuts offensively for a 7 game series and the lakers cant be crap for that long either. things will even out and we will see better competition

LOL at the Rockets playing out of their minds. The Rockets allowed the game to stay closer than it should have been in the first 3 quarters before asserting themselves in the 4th.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 01:56 AM
HOU - 24 FT
LAL - 14 FT

This was a home game for the Lakers and they got fucked by the refs.

Mavs<Spurs
05-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Houston just beat a team they're supposed to beat. Nothing to see here.

So, would you place your vbookie money on Houston winning both games 3 and 4?

I'm completely convinced that the Lakers will beat the Rockets in game 2 (probably easily) and take at least one of the two games in Houston.

If it were real money, no way that you bet on Houston winning both games 3 and 4.

Even if Houston were a 60% favorite to win the games in Houston (and assume independence even though in reality this is conditional), then Houston would only have a 36% chance of winning both games in Houston.

Houston would have to be a 70 - 30 favorite to win games in Houston for Houston to have essentially a 50-50 (it would actually be 49%) shot at winning both games in Houston.

It's simple compound probability at work here.

:nope

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 01:58 AM
LOL at the Rockets playing out of their minds. The Rockets allowed the game to stay closer than it should have been in the first 3 quarters before asserting themselves in the 4th.

Trust me I've watched enough of the Rockets to know they'll have games like tonight followed up by real stinkers where nobody hits shots.

The bottom line is the Lakers still had a chance to win despite playing as poorly as they did. That's what is troublesome if you are a Rocket fan, you know the Lakers will put forth a better effort than this. Can HOU? It's doubtful.

Indazone
05-05-2009, 02:00 AM
HOU - 24 FT
LAL - 14 FT

How about your team just flat out sucked.

Mavs<Spurs
05-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Trust me I've watched enough of the Rockets to know they'll have games like tonight followed up by real stinkers where nobody hits shots.

The bottom line is the Lakers still had a chance to win despite playing as poorly as they did. That's what is troublesome if you are a Rocket fan, you know the Lakers will put forth a better effort than this. Can HOU? It's doubtful.

Probably true. I believe your post. But do the Houston players believe it now?

Self-efficacy can be a powerful thing. The little engine that could.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Probably true. I believe your post. But do the Houston players believe it now?

Self-efficacy can be a powerful thing. The little engine that could.

It's the playoffs, anything can happen. Any team can get incredibly hot for 6-7 games in a row. Nothing is set in stone.

The Lakers could get swept. I don't know. I'm basing my assumptions on what I've seen throughout the season. The Lakers typically bounce back from humiliating losses well, they have done so all season long. I don't expect them to play like shit again but they very well could.

baseline bum
05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
HOU - 24 FT
LAL - 14 FT

LOL @ not accounting for intentional fouls.

Mavs<Spurs
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
As several of the Laker fans have already pointed out: if you don't go to the rim, then you get fewer calls. And Odom didn't make the most of his opportunities, even Kobe missed a ft down the stretch.

Indazone is correct here, imo. Houston deserves credit for the win, period.

Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post

HOU - 24 FT
LAL - 14 FT

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
LOL @ not accounting for intentional fouls.

Does it matter?

The Lakers played badly and deserved to lose, but the refs certainly didn't help in the 4th where their BLOWN calls changed momentum and possibly decided the game.

1. Lamar Odom out of bounds call that would have brought the lead down to 4.
2. Scola shoving Kobe out of the way for a rebound, hitting the ball out of bounds and HOU getting the ball back again.

I can go on and on here, but you get the picture. One or two calls I can deal with, but 3-4 blown calls in crucial stretches of the game I can't. NBA officiating has got to get better than this.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 02:07 AM
As several of the Laker fans have already pointed out: if you don't go to the rim, then you get fewer calls. And Odom didn't make the most of his opportunities, even Kobe missed a ft down the stretch.

Indazone is correct here, imo. Houston deserves credit for the win, period.

Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post

HOU - 24 FT
LAL - 14 FT

Lamar Odom out of bounds call, would have cut the lead to 4.

Instead it ballooned to 8.

Game changer.

baseline bum
05-05-2009, 02:07 AM
So, would you place your vbookie money on Houston winning both games 3 and 4?

I'm completely convinced that the Lakers will beat the Rockets in game 2 (probably easily) and take at least one of the two games in Houston.

If it were real money, no way that you bet on Houston winning both games 3 and 4.

Even if Houston were a 60% favorite to win the games in Houston (and assume independence even though in reality this is conditional), then Houston would only have a 36% chance of winning both games in Houston.

Houston would have to be a 70 - 30 favorite to win games in Houston for Houston to have essentially a 50-50 (it would actually be 49%) shot at winning both games in Houston.

It's simple compound probability at work here.

:nope

The Rockets are the favorites and the Lakers the underdogs. The Lakers just hit some jump shots in the regular season, but those dry up when the playoffs roll around. What happens when those jumpers aren't falling? Exactly what we saw tonight.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 02:14 AM
The Rockets are the favorites and the Lakers the underdogs. The Lakers just hit some jump shots in the regular season, but those dry up when the playoffs roll around. What happens when those jumpers aren't falling? Exactly what we saw tonight.

The Lakers aren't a jumpshooting team though. They score in the paint better than anyone else.

The Rockets clogged up the middle tonight and dared LAL to beat them from outside. They won that battle as LAL went 2-17 from 3pt land. If that stat continues the Rockets will win, but lets be serious that ain't gonna happen.

The Lakers need to hit their shots offensively and then things will start to open up. The Rockets will have to extend their D which means the lanes will start to open up for Kobe and co.

dav4463
05-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Battier gets clocked in the head and bleeds like Ric Flair and no call !!!! ??? Laker fan complaining about calls !!!!!!!!! Un-freaking-believable !! Lakers get calls all the time every year, almost every game. Lakers have always been the darlings of the league. Remember when Magic just drove the lane, yelled, and threw his arms up.....that was always an automatic foul when the Lakers were in danger of losing.
'
Give me a break! LA fans should never...ever...complain about officiating. They have gotten calls their way more than any other team in the league for the past 30 years!

Def Rowe
05-05-2009, 02:28 AM
Battier gets clocked in the head and bleeds like Ric Flair and no call !!!!

True. Right before that Scola tagged Gasol above the eye on the orbital bone causing some bleeding. No call. The refs could have been better.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-05-2009, 03:09 AM
This game had nothing to do with the officiating. The lakers just got outplayed in every aspect of the game, simple as that! They are going to have a hard time with Aaron Brooks..Fisher can not guard him at all. I mean he can NOT. Neither can Brown, and I don't think Farmar can either. I would like to say this game is a wake up call, but after a lot of games during the regular season, and it never worked out. so the series will go at least 5 now, Wednesday is a must win game for the lakers. If they don't win on wednesday, it's really over.

Lars
05-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Laker fans completely dismissing a ticky tack over the back call on Yao to send him to the bench with 2 fouls, when the Rockets had the opportunity to pull away early. Its a two way street friends. Not to mention Bryants blatant knee and elbow to Battier as they were tangled up on the ground, which should of been a technical at bare minimum.

redzero
05-05-2009, 03:18 AM
Remember when the Lakers were handed Game 6 of the WCF against the Kings?

dav4463
05-05-2009, 04:50 AM
Remember when the Lakers were handed Game 6 of the WCF against the Kings?

I remember Kobe's elbow to Bibby's face and Bibby got called for a foul! That was horrible!.....one of many in that series. It was like a conspiracy against the Kings that year. I have a friend who gave up watching the NBA for a couple of years after that series! He is a Kings fan who roots for the Spurs when the Kings aren't involved.

Cry Havoc
05-05-2009, 04:58 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xelpxl.gif

Yep. Rockets got away with everything.

Muser
05-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Lmao, thanks for giving me a laugh today.

LnGrrrR
05-05-2009, 07:12 AM
There were several momentum shifters that completely negated any chance the Lakers had of coming back.

The blown LO call would have had the lead down to 4 with the Rockets scrambling. The Lakers were up by 1 at one point in the 4th and the Rockets go on a 7-0 run. All the result of foul calls. This game, if it was not fixed, was the worst display of NBA officiating I have seen since Game 2 of last year's finals.

The Lakers played like shit, but this could have been a winnable game if the refs did their fucking jobs.

So you're saying the Lakers aren't good enough mentally to overcome bad offciating? :) :lol

Bukefal
05-05-2009, 07:17 AM
:lmao someone cant stand losingggggggggggggggggg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5242/losersqm9.jpg

spursncowboys
05-05-2009, 07:27 AM
I cannot believe the Lakers are complaining about officiating.:whine

ElNono
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
The problem here is that the Laker fans expect a completely one-sided refereeing at Staples. That's the norm. When it gets called fairly for both teams they start to bitch and moan. The refs allowed contact from the get go. Houston adapted to the officiating, and the Lakers didn't. End of story.

florige
05-05-2009, 07:51 AM
I understand where House is coming from whereas the officiating does have to get better down the stretch of important games. But in saying that, Laker fans complaining about the refs is almost as bad as Heat fans complaining about the refs in 07 after Wade pretty much was handed free throws throughout the Finals in 06. The Lakers have gotten away with murder with downright terrible calls throughout the years. TERRIBLE! So to hear a Laker fan complaining about the refs is kinda ironic. The refs have been their friend for so many good years. Are you sure you wanna break that bond? lol

Imposter Cleaner
05-05-2009, 08:21 AM
San Antonio doesn't have enough Mexican food restaurants.

The Utah Jazz are racist against white players.

Mavs fans love Dwyane Wade.

Chris Andersen has never done meth.

The Lakers got screwed by the refs.
+ Mavs did not win the championship in the season of 05-06.

tlongII
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm starting to think that DrHouse is the real Laker Lanny! What's up Lanster?!

UltimA
05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Honestly House, I don't usually like calling out Laker fans, but c'mon. Lakers just went out there and lose. Stop the bitching.This right here, thank you for not bitching also and complaining.

I already know we're losing Game 2, Lakers won't let that happen again. :rolleyes

resistanze
05-05-2009, 09:22 AM

http://api.ning.com/files/NVgxtvdijrSe5s170ssldKjSnyYnW1Z4JkDoRJNebXI_/pug.jpg
Al Harrington syndrome.

Indazone
05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
^ Not with Bavetta reffing. I'm ready for more home cooking for the Lakers and for Yao to be whistled out of the game early.

stretch
05-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Officiating wasnt bad. But if you feel it was, then keep this in mind... Stern wants Lebron vs. Kobe. So he allowed Houston to have one game where calls weren't massively in favor of the Lakers. If Houston wins game 2, prepare to see 2006 D-Wade all over again. Fact is, Stern will not allow the Rockets to beat the Lakers.

Sorry Rockets fans...

poop
05-05-2009, 10:41 AM
give me a break the calls in this game werent bad.

LMAO i know it must be hard for lakers fans to know what games with biased officiating look like; that is something they have never experienced.

try watching the spurs-dallas 2006 series- the golden standard of one-sided officiating.

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 11:16 AM
The calls down the stretch were horrible.

3 blown calls in a row right as the Lakers were trying to mount a comeback.

Odom being called out of bounds when he would have had a dunk cutting the lead to 4.
Scola getting away with a blatant push on Kobe, touching the ball last, and then HOU getting the ball because the idiot ref thought Kobe hit it last.

I don't expect the Lakers to get the star treatment anymore. But I do expect at HOME that the officiating won't be completely lopsided down the stretch the way it was last night.

Indazone
05-05-2009, 11:24 AM
:lol at Dr. House coming apart at the seams.

Red Hawk #21
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM

:lol:lol

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z170/joejohnson24/nba_a_bibbynose_400.jpg
:wakeup

DrHouse
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Guaranteed by the time this series is over it will be Rocket fans whining about the refs.

LEONARD
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
vaj

Indazone
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2saz9km.jpg

DaDakota
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
The Rockets did not play well last night at all, Yao missed a bunch of easy shots, we didn't hit our 3s well, Von was off, Scola was off.

The difference is the Rockets play 4 quarters of sustainable defense, the Lakers do not.

DD

The Franchise
05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Guaranteed by the time this series is over it will be Rocket fans whining about the refs.

I know you're not used to seeing them but, that is what a fairly officiated game looks like.

bus driver
05-05-2009, 12:22 PM

i thought the lakers looked tired (saw the 3rd & 4th ).

bus driver
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
The calls down the stretch were horrible.

3 blown calls in a row right as the Lakers were trying to mount a comeback.

Odom being called out of bounds when he would have had a dunk cutting the lead to 4.
Scola getting away with a blatant push on Kobe, touching the ball last, and then HOU getting the ball because the idiot ref thought Kobe hit it last.

I don't expect the Lakers to get the star treatment anymore. But I do expect at HOME that the officiating won't be completely lopsided down the stretch the way it was last night.

must have missed all this.....oh well :lmao

Fabbs
05-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I know you're not used to seeing them but, that is what a fairly officiated game looks like.
Another dose of Midol for Dr. House, stat.

stretch
Officiating wasnt bad. But if you feel it was, then keep this in mind... Stern wants Lebron vs. Kobe. So he allowed Houston to have one game where calls weren't massively in favor of the Lakers. If Houston wins game 2, prepare to see 2006 D-Wade all over again. Fact is, Stern will not allow the Rockets to beat the Lakers.

Sorry Rockets fans...
Yep. Expect 2002 Lakers v Kings type treatment. Bibbys jaw getting in the way of Kobmes elbow. Foul on Bibby. :lol :depressed

Well, for here and now it was nice to see the Lakers have to play without the benefit of fixed reffing. And lose. It was surprising Battier was not wrung up for fouling Vaginac on the elbow with his forehead. :wow

FromWayDowntown
05-05-2009, 02:39 PM
^ Not with Bavetta reffing. I'm ready for more home cooking for the Lakers and for Yao to be whistled out of the game early.

Bavetta won't have Game 2 of Lakers/Rockets.

mingus
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
the refs screwed up a few calls . they'll get distributed pretty evenly as the series goes on more than likely - it always happens ... but the loss boils down to LA playing soft and crappy defense ... the refs had nothing to do with that ...

lefty
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM

A Laker fan bitching about officiating ? WOW :lmao

http://slattern23.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/crybaby.jpg

UltimA
05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Guaranteed by the time this series is over it will be Rocket fans whining about the refs.You are not a real Laker fan.

You won't see me whining, cause we're winning the series. :toast

timvp
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
How was the reffing in Game 2?